Anybody play Runescape or Vscape?

Anybody play Runescape or Vscape?

Other urls found in this thread:

vscape.wikidot.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Aren't the servers dead?

Havent played in a couple months, been thinking of going back to OSRS.

Apparently osrs is full of bots and the current version is cancer.

Only played it for a few weeks, countless moons ago.
Not my thing.

Been thinking of starting an OSRS account, but I don't wanna get distracted for hours especially right before finals

I played 2005-2012. Never gain. I gave OSRS a try about a year ago and cried.

vscape.wikidot.com/

Don't give Jagex money

and don't fail finals

I occasionally play OSRS.

Do Randy Marsh or Wewladdy still play? I miss those guys.

Myself and a few buddies way back in the day played runescape 24/7. This was back in the day when we used landline phones to set up group calls with each other while we play. Eventually we drifted away from the game. I started playing osrs last year for that sweet nostalgia. Unfortunately i had to play alone because i'm not friends with those guys anymore.

tfw use to be popular on Holla Forumsscape but nobody will remember me now

Vscape is still up

Who were you? I probably remember you. I was Chucklefuck.

Current version is ok but has a cash shop. Mostly cosmetics but some stuff that gives temporary xp buffs. OSRS is also ok but is full of a ridiculous amount of bots and retards so basically right at home for imageboard users
I play both still. They're both fun

Cash shop? Worse than I imagined.

Current version would be alright if they got rid of the god-awful "we want the WoW audience" combat and removed the cash shop.

The combat isn't engaging. It isn't fun. It isn't challenging. It's just straight button mashing. PvP is entirely dead on RS3, and for good reason.

The cash shop has too much bleed over into things that seem to give actual in-game benefits. I don't like it. You should never be able to pay to get further ahead in a game.

Randy still plays. Don't interact with the guy at all though.

RuneScape, no. Holla ForumsScape, yes. Tried logging into RS and I couldn't get past the utterly massive amount of crap the UI threw at me. Felt like it was tripping me up constantly and before I could even get to the actual game.

RIP runescape

People seem to have a hard time on describing how bad it is.

bump

I played DarkScape from 2 weeks after launch until around a month before it got shut down. How quickly that project failed told me all I need to know about how much Jagex has learned in recent years, that is to say absolutely nothing and I should never play any of their games ever again.

I play Holla Forumsscape sometimes just for nostalgia, shitposting in ::yell and to give newfriends good gear. It's obviously not the real deal but as a cheap as free copy, it's just fine. The "official" (?) threads on halfchan are fucking cancer drama cesspools though.

Darkscape seemed neat. What happened?

one of my favorite friends has been on it for years, just to share moments with his brother
well be in a dota match and hes grinding every death
god bless your focus, if i had it id be rich

The new system isn't bad if you use Revolution. It automatically uses basic abilities that are off cooldown in the order they're on your bar, and you can use thresholds or ultimates when you feel like it. In that way, it feels pretty similar to the old way (which is also still available if you want to use it), but you still get the benefits of strong attacks.

The game's really not designed for full-on WoW-like action bars, but at least you have the option of ignoring them completely.

No, they learned to be even fucking worse. See: Ace of Spades pre-jaxed, and post-jagex

Jewgex pls. Just go back to runescape 2, fix the ridiculous grinding, make all old members-content free and add new members only areas.

Runescape was the shit all the cool kids played in high school. Had full rune armor and 99'd a couple skills before my beta self game gold to a girl I was interested in, turns out she only had an account to get Chad's attention

Also I remember when summonning and the grand exchange were added. Good times. This game is a great example that grinding doesn't necessarily make a game bad.

shut down, citing "not enough players"

Are you shitting me? You clearly must not remember grinding a single str level for fucking months with 200 other dickheads trying to farm the same mob.

Runescape's grinding was always dogshit and you know it.

must be my nostalgia glasses then, because as much as I can recall the grinding being tedious, the payoffs were much more satisfying than more recent MMOs.

tfw even the most boring fetch quests had great plotlines and the overall lore was pretty great

That's why I like Holla Forumsscape. The xp rate is a little over double normal rates and grinding shit is a lot more tolerable with banter over global chat.

Quests are still the only real reason to play RS, unless you like grinding for ages. Mostly because, despite their faults over recent years (and even not-so-recent years like removing the Wilderness), at least Jagex understood that a quest should really live up to that moniker. A single RS quest could be the equivalent of a couple dozen "quests" from WoW or one of its ilk.

The drop trick was sometimes dumb, sometimes useful.

Does Holla Forums have a cc in OSRS?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAv

How much would Jagex sell the copyright to Runescape for? Is there a way to borrow or share copy rights?

I'd like to make a game similar to Runescape but only specific parts of it.
A comfy Draynor Village simulator game where random shit happens.
A PvP wilderness game
Something with Al Kharid duels with some story and quests to it where you train like you're Ricky Balboa.
And something with those revenant ghosts.

bump

I doubt they'd sell it and if they allow anyone to use it for too long without suing them they lose part of the right to it. That's why Holla Forumsscape changed every instance of "runescape" in the game to Holla Forumsscape. They aren't using the "runescape" trademark, just the game's stuff.

It's a very very very borderline way of staying online without much legal recourse.

nevermore

there it is

Is that really the case? I always thought that Jagex just didn't give a shit (or were even being cool about it).

It's probably the same as with most private servers: not worth shutting down unless it's big enough to affect their sales / reputation.