Oroville Dam Collapse #3, LEARN TO SWIM edition

Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=JxbDJlruQ-4
Radar: flightradar24.com/multiview/c71fbd9,c720e98,c7208a1,c7202eb
Scanner: broadcastify.com/listen/feed/1929/

Still flooding at 100kfps, part of the dam is above water, rumors of looting overnight, evac is chaos where they are using Northbound lanes to go south now.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/VFoMx
archive.is/Qnv9j
archive.is/qrxS4
archive.is/BfU9g
youtube.com/watch?v=fCnvDd2YamU
liveleak.com/view?i=025_1486992272
livestream.com/KRCR/events/3724366
nationalpeanutboard.org/peanut-info/who-invented-peanut-butter.htm
mrdata.usgs.gov/services/ca?service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=GetCapabilities&
mrdata.usgs.gov/geology/state/state.php?state=CA
mrdata.usgs.gov/geology/state/sgmc-unit.php?unit=CAMZv2;0
sputniknews.com/us/201702131050641766-california-dam-breaks-mass-evacuation/
fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi/cgi-bin/wxmap_loop.cgi?&area=nvg_epac&prod=prp&dtg=2017021318&set=All
youtube.com/watch?v=dTWyJ1LmDsk
archive.is/ZlgqP
wxweb.meteostar.com/models/ipsm_looper.php?PROD=2017021318_WST_GFS_SFC_SLP_THK_PRECIP_WINDS
wxweb.meteostar.com/models/ipsm_looper.php?PROD=2017021312_WUS_NAM_SFC_SLP_THK_PRECIP_WINDS
archive.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian-American_Company
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO&d=14-Feb-2017 13:25&span=12hours
youtube.com/watch?v=ZKTMxF2PrHM
radar.
weather.com/en-GB/weather/today/l/USCA0818:1:US
latimes.com/local/california/la-live-updates-oroville-dam-20170212-htmlstory.html
twitter.com/caltransdist3
parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411

twitter.com/AnonBabble

Benis :DDDD

FIRST FOR DAM AT JEB STAGE

Threadly moment of silence for the Trump voters of Butte County

silence

here's a shitty stream but at least it's live

parks .ca.gov/?page_id=29411

Livestream just announced that there is STILL a gridlock trying to escape.

Somebody made a shtf escape thread about transportation.

Archives of past threads
Thread 1 archive.is/VFoMx
Thread 2 archive.is/Qnv9j
Thread 3 archive.is/qrxS4
Thread 4 archive.is/BfU9g

At least frogs can swim

I know how to swim, and I don't find that joke to be funny

Jesus christ they tore that land up trying to salvage it.

Too bad it won't work.

Threadly reminder

Open stream in op, see pic related.
Look they rebuild the road that was washed away yesterday.
Again, almost all streams are cancer.
FOX 10 has LIVE coverage NOW
youtube.com/watch?v=fCnvDd2YamU

ha Ha Benis :DD

VICTORY IN THE MAKING BOYS LET'S GET IT!

You're a good man

It's a stupid hope, but perhaps this disaster could help spur on the Jefferson statehood movement further (if they use it right). I've driven through those counties and most of the people are worlds different than Commiefornia and Orecuck. Commiefornia's too big, anyway - at least most of Texas has a giant ego of state pride uniting them.

GLUB GLUB YOU COMMIE FUCKS
HAVE A DRINK ON ME

Based, thanks.

LEARN TO SWIM

Followed this earlier today, but could someone give me a update on whether this will be a slow happening or if we can expect some critical moment?

I don't trust this fat fuck

It's gonna be slow, no immediate happenings. The fun part is hearing how the evac is a complete fucking disaster and is a gridlock.

I don't either. Something seems fishy with responses

Holy fuck a journalist straight up called the mout for delaying as long as possible with evacuation notices. Commiefornians know they're fucked.

based question

KEK

Indeed, a slow one. The aim for 50 feet reduction of level which will take a few days at least. In a few days there are some storms coming in. And there is still a lot of snow.

why does the media keep showing watered down (pardon the pun) footage
check this out
liveleak.com/view?i=025_1486992272

DOUBLE SUCCESS

a slow happening, but a guaranteed one

Thanks famalam

ITT: millions of liberals killed by crazy frog's penis.

Is there any footage from today?

The path of the water would flow close to the Jefferson border. Imagine if it carvers out a natural boundary. Would be macabre x10

god dam somebody file fucked me

Sheriff doesn't look comfy.

Fat fuck is a liar

KEK at Commiefornia scum trying to escape. There is no escaping Levee-chan.

JERRY BROWN, FUCK OFF AND DROWN.

sadly this part of norcal is more right leaning white people. i want to wash the meexicans and liberals away in socal and the sf bay area.

Same fucking breath.

The Sheriff knows catastrophe is imminent just look at his face

Fat fuck just wants to leave and get lunch

*dam
I keep fucking doing that.

The news people are talking like they don't think the dam is going to break.

Disappointing.

I bet that whack ass shirt cost more than my mortgage payment

Do you really believe anything they say at all? That area still has a massive fucking storm slated for this week.

They were also adamant there would be no evacuations. We'll see what happens, I wouldn't hold my breath until Wednesday at least when it starts to rain.

They evacuated several prisons, it's game over.

Of course, they are ignorant of the powers at play.

Thanks. Also why is there so many Russians in the yt stream, did they hack the dam?

Checked

Congressman Doug La Malfa is a republican.

These mother fuckers just care about Re-election

This whole affair is basically that one part of every sitcom ever where the fool character breaks the faucet and tries to keep the leak hidden while pretending to just casually lean against the bathroom door.

its a Russian weather controlling device, they are seeding clouds to kil california.

LEARN TO SWIM

Are there people**people, not niggers. who actually don't know how to swim? Swimming isn't that hard.

Of course. Listen to the press briefing..

This is going to be great.. The dam, and the ground around it, is entirely compromised. It is not a question of if, but when, and what can they possibly do to limit how bad it is. protip: nothing

Look at the fucking chunk of missing land there. "The damn is fin" my butte.

Press briefing recap:

*dam
I can't fucking stop doing that god fucking damn it.

INCOMPETENCE

It's fin, alright.

its not that niggers dont know how to swim. Its that they cant. I was on the swim team and gave it a go at trying naval special warfare. There were niggers in both who had perfect form but the best they could do was 'sink with style' any pool longer then 25m they would start losing momentum about 33% through a lap and barely escape drowning by the time they reached the wall.

you could say that

Shut up. I'm not going to make excuses for typing like a nigger but I haven't had a good nights sleep in two weeks so that's my excuse.

lower down he also uses the headline, "California Oroville Dam expected to fail…"

He's not buying their bullshit

Fox 10 is now trying to distract from the dam by showing a trailer trash home and claiming that there are grotesque corpses of dogs there. The only dog that can be seen is well-fed and very much alive.

they really can't have anybody go back for at least a week. You have to wait until the storm passes, right? If they tell people to go back before then something fishy is going on

No. Knowing how to swim is instinctive for people who aren't niggers. I learned to swim pretty much right after jumping into water.

Eurofag here, will the flood drown niggers, spics, and liberals, or is this happening in the non-pozzed part of the state?

Well of course isn't MSM too busy freaking the fuck out over Trump again?

I hear non pozzed, which is why it got this bad in the first place. Preferred treatment by the chucklefucks running things there.

i had private swim lessons to learn how to swim. black people can't afford that. that's my excuse for them, at least. Swimming isn't very hard, but the first time i tried i would have drowned if i didn't have a qt swim teacher

But the dam is fine. It's the spillway that's going to fail and bypass the dam to drain the lake :^)

It's happening everywhere.

I think pic related was live from today. This is with 100K cfs going through the spillway.

OK excuse but doesn't work for all nigs tbh. I learned through wading through the shallow end as a tot and then being pushed in the deep end around age 6. Only thing I was ever taught (needed to be taught) was the different techniques beyond instinctual. No excuse for all nigs - think they just lack the instinct, period.

Oh wow! I never really saw myself as a racist, I believe all races are equal, but how primitive do you have to be to not know how to swim instinctively, have the highest rape, murder, robbery and assault rates in a country yet be a minority in that country, form tribalistic gangs that commit unprovoked warfare on eachother, are known for inventing peanut butter and nothing else, listen to music like rap, and speak with a weird half-tribal half-english dialect?

Swimming is normally taught by the father. Since niggers don't know who that is, they never learn to swim.

You have to leave.

Did OP just write CFS as KFPS? Kubic Feet? Lmao what the fuck, dumbass.

You haven't been here very long, have you?

need another based stream from an airplane like the one yesterday. it was awesome

Holy shit the entire bottom part got obliterated in just a day. There is no way they fix this in time, even more so once it starts raining again.

nationalpeanutboard.org/peanut-info/who-invented-peanut-butter.htm

this is bait, isn't it?

I heard that they changed it from 50k cfs to 100k cfs because the emergency spillway (the wide one) was growing cracks so they started to pump out more water to the main spillway (the one with a huge hole) to have less water going over the emergency spillway but instead the main spill way.

They didn't do that.

This one is not bad.
The just mentioned the increased the outflow to 110K cfs.

WEW
It's getting awfully wet.

nice job getting baited idiots

Wait if the dam is fucked then why not trash the main spillway?

They're downplaying the severity of the upcoming 5+ days of rain, saying that it will be colder, so there's less problems with snow melting. Except when it warms up again later. They're not going to have any chance to shut off the flow to the spillway long enough to fix anything, and the amount of erosion keeps getting worse. They couldn't rebuild the spillway now even if the dam was completely empty, and they definitely don't have the budget to do it.

BLOWOUT SOON, STALKER

The K is for kilotons

i already saw this press conference…not live…

100kilotonfeetpersecond?

Why do people still fall for this pasta?

Well if the emergency spillway (wide one) breaks it will have like a 20 foot vertical wall of water pouring out so they dont want that to happen, instead its better to break the main spillway. They arnt trying to break the damn, but trying to save it.

That still doesnt even make sense, but instead even more wrong.

K for Kilo you numbskulls, 100 cubic kilofeet per second, but since nobody says kilofeet you just use 100000 cubic feet per second or convert it into kilometers so it would be 30.5 cubic kilometers per second.

We know K means kilo faggot. OP wrote 100kfps which is 100kilofeetpersecond.

It's only 2832 cubic meters per second. You forgot it was cubic and treated it as linear.

Will it last till Thursday?

Yeah still does not make sense since 1 kilofoot is 1000 feet. You know what cubic is right? Its a volume. Kilo foot isnt volume. CFS is volume of water per sec.

simply epic

The are gonna try and stop it with rocks in bags. Ever tried building a mini dam when you where a kid? What always happened when you put rocks in front of running water? It digs under.

The only thing I want is a few independent engineers to comment on the impact of the erosion at the normal spillway.
It's obvious that that whole area is getting more fucked up, but is it important for the structural integrity of the dam? It is more than 1500 feet away. So how bad would it be if the area in Pic would be gone?
If it can be missed, why not increase the rate to what the river can carry downstream?

Added bonus is that the road is now gone, so they will have to work a bit harder to get the rocks to the proper area.

What the fuck is this!!??

h ttp://hollaforums.com/thread/9253258/politics/oroville-dam-collapse-3-learn-to-swim-edition.html

Instead of copying and pasting the love stream into the URL I put it into the electric Jew search instead. And this was the 2nd link it showed.

That site is taking everything we are saying and mirroring it like a forum. What can we do about this?

holy fuck lurk more

literally ignore it newfag, it thrives off of ad revenue

KEK PLEASE CLEANSE COMMIEFORNIA OF ALL ITS FILTH

Not an engineer, but this is a good video to understand how earthworks work. Basically that 1500 feet distance isn't as important as the angle.

What's going on? Is this some sort of neo-baneposting? Let me try.

Thread theme

Well I am still in school, but their main concern is really not about erosion but all that water going downstream where it will cause flooding. The damn itself is perfectly fine. All that erosion will just add to more debris downstream. If that entire spillway is lost well they would either have to rebuild it or whatever, but their main concern now I think is to the emergency spillway where it has a crack that can lead to a 20 foot hole in the dam, if you move more the the left where that huge area of the hill is all that water will go through there and tear that entire hillside up along with a massive flooding downstream. But that will happen if the emergency spill way( the wide one) breaks.

Sandbags and large rocks rip-rap only work to mitigate slowly flowing floods. Think the Mississippi River overflowing its banks in Missouri.
This is because when water hits an obstacle, its current velocity will increase due to the incompressible nature of water. This is why putting your thumb over a garden hose creates a crude pressurized stream. When a stream's overall current velocity is high, this effect becomes more pronounced.
Fun fact, fast water is a very effective erosive agent. Municipalities that attempt to shore up the cut bank of a stream with rip-rap actually cause the cut bank to erode faster due to this pressure washing effect. This is why most places that once used rip-rap to stop floods years ago have excessive erosion on the riverbanks that the rip-rap was supposed to protect.

-t. Geology-user

this jewtube stream is absolute cancerous shit, they're saying "everything's fine" with arguments of a quality comparable to clueless journalists reinterpreting bullshit they did not understand told to them by panicking technicians trying to shift the unavoidable blame
and the video they show is 2 days old, but flipped horizontally to try to avoid being too easily identified by random q. public

any images showing stuff from today anywhere?

A geologist would be good to hear from too. Is there even any bedrock in that hillside? If it's all clay a happening is much more likely.

A FARKEN LEGEND!

I'm currently downloading the bedrock geology map for California to see what the Oroville Dam is built on. I'll look into structures (faults, joints, etc.) when I can, but I can make some educated guesses in the meantime.

Is it GIS info? I got background in that software. Link me to the tables, or shapefiles, or whatever.

I'm using the uncompressed .kml for jewgle earth from the USGS.

Addendum:
Here's the GIS link that was on the USGS page
mrdata.usgs.gov/services/ca?service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=GetCapabilities&

So what's the damage so far? Have the volcanoes showed up yet?

What is the livestream link? Seems like not that much of a big deal; minimal noise on reddit / twitter.

Well I'm a geotechnical engineer but I know fuck all about this dam.

Are you sure that's the whole link???

So what you're saying is, by putting rocks in place to block the flow of water, they're actually turning the single large jet of water into hundreds or thousands of smaller jets, each of which is at considerably higher pressure and consequently velocity? And because of the irregular nature of the rocks, those faster jets will be flowing in just about every direction? That seems like a bad idea, as you said.

You are the hero this thread needs.
In the previous thread some user mentioned that the dam is moving forward due to it being at full capacity for a number of years. I tried to find that report, but had no success.

Nice video, thanks.

JUST BREAK NOW, DAMMIT.

Looks comfy. I'd move out there if Jefferson were to become a state.

Just dam user.

dont worry goyim. we're fucking dropping rocks on that dam right now. bitch ass hole is getting filled up as we speak goy. now stop worrying while we drop more rocks on that dam bitch.

People who are saying it is bad because that area voted trump (dumb notion, remember gotta crack eggs to make the omelet), while I hope that God willing all the innocent people get out okay.
The damage that this dam busting will do to the electrical grid infrastructure and highways will have great effects on all of California, so there is that.

They are using those rocks as energy breakers.

Common practice, nothing unusual about it.

Kek, make it rain. The Commies must pay for their faggotry.

Oh they will. It's only a matter of time.

SHADILAY!

I LIVE IN OROVILLE
THE NEWS STREAMS ARE ON AN HOUR DELAY
THE DAM HAS ALREADY BROKEN
PLEASE SEND HELP IM ONTOP OF A DAM BRIDGE

pics nigger.

You aren't even trying

May Kek be with you!

Someone could make a sweet gif with Trump and moonbeam's face in this video

Niggers have different muscle and bone density which makes them sink easily. Swimming is impossible for them because they cannot remain buoyant. They are best used as farm machinery.

That's what was on the USGS site.
Here's the link to the USGS's page for the CA geologic map
mrdata.usgs.gov/geology/state/state.php?state=CA

Precisely, if you want to see this in action, look up erosion data for Vermont's rivers before and after tropical storm Irene.

so..i guess it stopped going over the emergency spillway

Should have added a caption:

FRET OVER YOUR POZ
FRET OVER YOUR MARX
FRET OVER YOUR DAM

I feel like people didn't really think about the impact of 30-50 howevermany feet of Lake Oroville deciding that they were going to find somewhere else to be on the terrain itself when all this started rolling.

It's not like the land is made of indestructible fuckoffnium.

So it's going to happen, then.

Holy fuck, their off spring are going to curse them to their grave.

pls KEK give us rain.

This happens

WAIT A MINUTE…

I knew it.

Fuck, I wish my computer wasn't complete shit and I knew how to make these.

I'm not even surprised anymore

what the actual fuck is this legend, geoanon

They have 3 days to:
1) Get the spillway patched to hold up long enough for it to stop raining.
2) Get enough water out from behind the dam to prevent it from overflowing more.
3) Hope to hell that this week long storm coming up is not as big as they think its gonna be.

In the midst of this, we haven't even hit the spring thaw yet and they could get MORE snow up in the mountains.

WILL the dam fail? Fuck if I know. Will it not fail? I wouldn't be encouraging that idea, but talking about the possibility of failure on the airwaves would cause a panic.

How long until the soil under the dam begins to give in?

AH!
JESUS CHRIST
WHAT THE FUCK
that's deserving of some jontron tier reaction

Seems to me like they cannot do 1 and 2 at the same time. That's bad.

RAIN, RAIN, WASH AWAY
WASH AWAY THE COMMIES TODAY

At this point it seems apparent the dam will burst. What is the damage in a best case or worst case scenario look like?

What's the body count up to now?

If I didn't know better, I'd think that was from the Dorf Fort wiki.

A wall? My god liberals are so stupid. You know the water can just go around right? Wow just wow.

True but if they keep acting like everything is fine they are effectively killing everyone that took their word for it if shit hits the fan.

Two cokes and a bag of chips

Working on it. Making maps is hard, user.

PRAY TO ALL OF THE GREAT ARYAN GODS ASSOCIATED WITH WATER, RAIN, OR STORMS.

interested to see your map

Urist McGenocide signing in. How many elves have you killed today, Urist? Goblin Christmas soon.

I wonder if the media has realized that they have made the public so over sensitive to danger being reported that they're worried that if they actually tell them how dangerous this is, there might be End of Days style rioting.

I think their best bet would be to figure out how to get the power generation facility back online, or to allow water to bypass the turbines and flow out the bottom of the dam as intended. The dam was not designed for continuous usage of the spillway, nor really any usage of the emergency spillway. That's why they built a fucking road across the path of water from the emergency spillway. My understanding was that they disabled the power generation facility because of the drought, since they wanted to retain as much water as possible, and now it's in disrepair or has failed somehow.

A question for the geologist types in this thread. Given that the dam is primarily earthen construction, what would happen if water started to pour over the dam face? I'm assuming that would cause massive structural erosion leading to failure of the entire dam.

I haven't played since 34.11 version. How's the game nowadays?

This dam incident is just a dry run for Project Fuck the World.

adventure mode is pretty fantastic, I'm not exactly autistic enough to get into base building in video games

Geotech engineer here. These are soil types, each of those has a wikipedia article.

Loess for example is basically a highly porous form of silt.

Its not even clay

its alluvium.. which is a mixture of soft clay, sand and silt from river runoff. its EXTREMELY prone to landslide.

BTW they are announcing more evacuations rn

In fact, it's actually kind of worse. The dam and both spillways were built on top of Mesozoic volcanic rocks. Now not all volcanic rocks are exceptionally susceptible to erosion. Despite its vulnerability to spheroidal weathering caused by hydrolosis and oxidation, basalt is typically a very strong material, as is it's less reactive cousin, andesite. Tuffs and breccias aren't so lucky. Tuffs are essentially aeolian moved by air sedimentary rocks that have a volcanic source. Tuffs have very VERY low structural integrity as they are derived from volcanic ash and will crumble very quickly under erosive surficial conditions. Volcanic breccias are poorly sorted different grain sizes all jumbled up into one rock volcanic sedimentary rocks typically derived from pyroclastic flows or mass wasting events and are held together with a tuff-like ash derived matrix.They also have a low resistance to erosion unless the matrix has become a more vitreous glass-like substance akin to welded tuffs, which are harder to erode.

So it's a mixed bag, there's some more resiliant rocks there, but also some potentially weak ones. Unfortunately without some ground truthing, I couldn't tell you exactly what the dam is build on from a map.

This link is the "detailed description" hyperlink seen in the image.
mrdata.usgs.gov/geology/state/sgmc-unit.php?unit=CAMZv2;0

The whole bedrock geological map of California. It's the ENTIRE state in one file. The dam's coordinates are in the attached file.

EXCERPT FROM KIKEPEDIA ON SOIL EMBANKMENT DAMS

Overtopping or overflow of an embankment dam beyond its spillway capacity will cause its eventual failure. The erosion of the dam's material by overtopping runoff will remove masses of material whose weight holds the dam in place and against the hydraulic forces acting to move the dam. Even a small sustained overtopping flow can remove thousands of tons of overburden soil from the mass of the dam within hours. The removal of this mass unbalances the forces that stabilize the dam against its reservoir as the mass of water still impounded behind the dam presses against the lightened mass of the embankment, made lighter by surface erosion. As the mass of the dam erodes, the force exerted by the reservoir begins to move the entire structure. The embankment, having almost no elastic strength, would begin to break into separate pieces, allowing the impounded reservoir water to flow between them, eroding and removing even more material as it passes through. In the final stages of failure the remaining pieces of the embankment would offer almost no resistance to the flow of the water and continue to fracture into smaller and smaller sections of earth and/or rock until these would disintegrates into a thick mud soup of earth, rocks and water.

tl;dr IF THE WATER FLOWS OVER THE DAM FACE FOR MORE THAN 2-3 HOURS SACRAMENTO IS GOING BYE BYE

Needs to be harder tbh. The unfair element is gone pretty much. Goblin invasions aren't nearly as frequent as they need to be. Relatively easy to subdue even the harshest terrains. I'm expecting them to revamp the difficulty next update hopefully.

Fort mode is the best part. Adventurer mode is fun when you want to torture things though. sage for off tobbig

Something must be pretty fucked down there if their not already doing that.
Or at least I Sincerely hope they are avoiding just because they don't want to have to repair it afterwards.

They are *not avoiding it.

[Salute]

That's called toe scouring and usually leads to dam failure.

Happens in old and shitty dams.

May plenteous milk flow from the teats of the Cows of Heaven. May lightning sunder the skies and earth. May Thor and Apollon strike at the serpent and may its blood gush over the land!
Praise Kek! May he rise from the Waters onto the Land!

Wait a second. Are you telling me that a dam that big is made of dirt?

Americans are brave.

Holy shit is it actually happening!?

A mixed bag of soils with different erosion characteristics is a great recipe for 'shrapnel in the water.'

This is another way of basically saying that water running over the face of the dam will tear open a hole in the newly refilled river bed at the foot of the dam. If this is vigorous enough the hole will go UNDER the dam, at which point it is right proper fucked.

That was earlier. It has stopped now.

Not quite. The dam is like a giant concrete oval held on place by the dirt on either side. Imagine if you made a dam out of the lid of your bucket at the beach by stick it in a channel a little less wide than the bucket's width.

As the tide came in, it would erode the side of the channel and the bucket lid would just fall out and let the water flow. It doesn't matter how strong the dam itself is of the water just pushes it over when it's unanchored.

That's the beautiful thing about that image, it's not spilling over because the water is currently lower than the top, it's pushing through.

lots of dams are made like this worldwide. especially in places with rather wide dams, they are created from dirt. these days they are covered in concrete, so overflowing water doesn't wash them away. but if you're on a budget, it's an acceptable way to build a dam. you have to maintain it, and keep it within safe loading limits, of course. if you don't, it will fall apart like the pile of mud it is.

A strange mixture of both pleased and disappointed

Next follow up question is whether the emergency spillway is wide enough and low enough relative to the dam peak height. I would imagine that the emergency spillway was engineered to be capable of flowing more than the maximum theoretical inflow to the dam, but if there was any oversight there, the water could flow over the top of the dam.

Alternatively, the structural integrity of the emergency spillway could be compromised with its continuous use, and if its wall collapses then you have a 30-40 foot wall of water coming down all at once. I'd imagine that's enough flow to erode the entire hillside below and essentially create a canyon through the hill hydraulically. Some anons were saying they upped the main spillway outflow because there were cracks beginning to form in the emergency spillway, but I haven't seen evidence one way or another of that yet - correct me if I'm wrong here.

This whole thing is a complete clusterfuck. Unsurprising for California.

As I said I have no idea about this dam. I designed some smaller dams, but I assumed this dam was made of soil like a flood protection dam.

Yeah such a dam isn't built to generate power anymore. Must be some ancient leftover dam from the 50s or something.

Its the emergency spillway. The one with the hole is and long is the main spillway. But what you showed in your pic actually is damaged and they had to stop using it. Basically the emergency and main spill way are damaged.

RAIN RAIN WASH AWAY
WASH AWAY CALI TODAY
THE BIG GUY KEK WANTS TO PLAY
The only thing that could make this better is if shitlibs reported seeing frogs invading their flooded homes.

Holla Forums - Geography and Meteorology

this picture makes me wonder if houses or anything got damaged too

I nearly vomited from laughing so hard. I need to teach a dog to do this.

Model showing a type of failure.

To my knowledge there's been sole marks (hydraulic potholes made by fast turbid flows) forming on the main spillway. If the emergency spillway is starting to degrade then that dam's right fucked unless the rain lets up.

Holy fuck where is that? Is that the road going across the emergency spillway water path? Is that a fucking eroded hole in the ground?

There was a study about 20 years ago that said that the aux spillway (which has never been fully used before) was not actually sturdy enough for the job. If the concrete at the top fails, that lake is going to make a river out of that hillside in short order.

It was a dual purpose flood control/power generation facility. But they disabled the powerplant to save water! Because that totally won't backfire the moment the drought relents even a little.

its gonna fail theres more rain coming with a too small window to do any kind of quickfail maintenance.
A lesson learned of how terrible american infrastructure is

Is that a sinkhole?

Remember to point out repeatedly that CA could have repaired the dam using 1% of the money they hand to illegals annually

I would assume it's a ravine caused by the water pressure caused by the erosion on the bottom of the spillway slowly prying the soil apart in chunks.

Oh fuck. And you're telling me that's going to happen to that huge ass dam?

Nope. Thats what happens when water meets rock.

Yeah on second thought it's not a hole, it's standing water at the bottom. Looks like the water falling in that area carved out a pool before continuing to flow outward. That's still really bad though, the whole hillside below the emergency spillway is already considerably eroded and there wasn't all that much water going over it, and not for all that long.

I made this goof-chart from the original image, so check this out.

The already eroded areas are in blue. The ludicrous amounts of water washed all the sediment away to below the spillway levels. This compromised the right (our right) side of the spillway. I would wager that as the spillway is used again the amount of water gushing through will continue to creep UP the spillway. It will erode up and up and up until it reaches near the top. At that point it may start to follow the erosion path on the left, marked in yellow.

If it begins to flow down that path the dam is FUCKED. It's the majority of the sediment anchor as you can see. If 100,000 cubic feet person flow over that path the dam will swing open like a fucking barn door. The area marked in red is the erosion death zone. If that erodes sufficiently the dam will fail catastrophically.

With the extra melt, rain, and general incompetence of maintenance I bet you this fucker is gonna fail.

the dam has been filled to capacity for a very long time

before this incident even started, which was due to the massive incompetence of communists, the process in that video was already occuring

In europe we call that HYD failure, hydraulic soil breaking.

It can be prevented with specific measures, like building sandbag wells where the water is sprouting up.

The three big failures of a structure are GEO, STR, and HYD. Wish I could find it in english.

Lets start taking bets on date and time of failure, should be fun. I call feb 17 just before dawn.

wew lads

Get /comfy/

dunno was on the local news stream

The first time I saw a picture of this dam and what was happening that is EXACTLY the image that formed in my mind of the most likely form of complete failure.

Partial failure would be if the lake simply bypassed the dam and carved the hill out. It'd still result in just as big a goddamn mess, of course. Water seeks its own level.

This.

We are about to witness a cascading failure. All we need is the equivalent force of one stick of tnt in the right spot (which that raging water more than produces) to set shit off.

My bet is that they're going to somehow handle the upcoming rainfall without anything major failing. They'll lift the evacuation order and let everybody back in. A month or two will pass, California will have an excessively warm spring and rapid snow melt, and they won't be able to evacuate everybody in time. So I'm calling April 15th and thousands of people dying.

Then that means that the structural integrity of the dam's foundation is directly compromised. If the water could do this to the bedrock upon which the dam is built then my "mixed bag" comment from isn't entirely accurate.

I would wager my life's savings that the dam will fail if the melt water and storm runoff continue to flow into Lake Oroville.

I really doubt the entire damn will fail let alone damage the main dam. I think your really assuming too hard into things that are not possible. if anything the spillway on the right might break which would be more than enough to be a Katrina 2.0

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO FLOODWATER

If the spillway fails all the gushing water will make the hole it's gushing out out of bigger and bigger which in turn will cause more and more erosion that will compromise the hill the left side of the dam is on. The entire dam will likely fail if that occurs.

Certainly possible, I just think this incoming storm will negate any repairs they are able to make between now and Wednesday.

If the whole dam fails Sacramento gets hit as well. Wishful thinking but I would rather not only red counties getting it.

Feb 16th late evening, possibly midnight 17th.
PRAISE KEK
WASH AWAY THE FILTH

Where is your sanctuary now you fucking beaners?

It is possible, no way to know what the ground flow looks like.

If the main spillway fails it will be a cascading failure like I described. The best case scenario is the emergency spillway fails and the water rushes out but it doesn't erode the dam's footing/sediment anchor. But with how insanely quick the floodwaters erodes the main concrete spillway my gut says the erosion will continue to creep up the side until it reaches the top and follows the next easiest path which is the dam's footing.

I can't promise a catastrophic failure because I don't have the math on the possible lake levels with the coming rain and melt but I can tell you that if I lived Oroville, Yuba City or Sacramento I'd take a trip out of state and get flood insurance ASAP. If it doesn't fail this week, it'll fail soon as demonstrated in video and with the later snowmelt as spring rolls around.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WEDNESDAY!

topkek Rep. Lamalfa just shit talked calexit and sanctuary cities on KRCR.

user fin means over in French, so you actually made a funny joke

Seems conditions have improved, but between the melt and the storm coming later on the week might end up with interesting results. I doubt will have a dramatic event but at the same time a dam event been in the cards for a while.

I feel like the media is seriously downplaying the fact that they will not be able to drain the lake and effectively repair the spillway at the same time. If they don't drain the lake their fucked. If they don't repair the spillway their fucked.
They can drop all the rocks from helicopters that they want but it seems like less than a band-aid to me.
They just don't want a panic over the fact the situation is no longer under control.

just going to roll so it breaks sooner

Hahaha they're showing the Feather river level being forecast at 96 feet until Saturday. You've got to be fucking kidding me. They're obviously going to open up the spillway to its peak cap of 160,000 cfs after the rainstorm later in the week and the river level will absolutely rise further.

If your belief in kek is strong, he will bless you with amphibian swimming skills.

Is Oroville a diverse city?

Not gonna happen in time for this next coming storm. Considering how wet this year has been I expect rain well into late march.

At the very least they wasted no time in evacuations, suck for those who live in those areas but when you live south of a dam its a necessary risk. The storm is definitely a huge risk, weather have been really fucky lately,

when it was at 120k cfs back in 97 it caused some flooding already, but the spillway will be damaged so hard I think it will probably just crumble. Though if the bottom part of the spillway breaks but where the hole is nothing really changes right?

This is a conservative area. Voted Trump. Our best hope is the spillway erodes to the point that it undermines the dam and it takes out sacremento.

Adding rocks into wet clay is effective to tamp and pack the soil. (Make it stronger)

Adding moving rocks in plastic bags (which are effectively wrecking balls if one gets loose or is misplaced) to a concrete structure? ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?

A much better solution, as silly as it sounds, rebar + packed/tamped C5 covered with a small layer of tamped gravel for a temporary toplayer.

-Carpenter user

im sorry user

75% white, Paradise to the north is 92% white.

Don't be, it means it'll all be fine.

I think you're mostly correct in that if the spillway downhill of the broken area is completely gone, it won't really get too much worse. The risk is that the spillway erosion will work its way up higher, in particular the side bolsters as an user mentioned above. I'd also be worried about erosion under the existing spillway as they reduce the water volume. Right now it has enough velocity that it's jetting off the edge of the spillway, but I'd assume as the flow decreases it will attach at some point and erode the dirt directly under the edge of the spillway, which will weaken it upwards.

I think they are trying to drop the bags of rocks but also pour concrete around the rocks to secure them in place. That appeared to be what they were doing to part of the emergency spillway area earlier today.

I can't swim worth a fuck. I just sink like a rock. The wife says I tense up too much when trying to float. Sea water? I still sink like a fucking rock. Shit is weird.

Yeah as long as the main spillway maintains it's integrity it'll just be some flooding downriver. They might go full blast with 160kps (is that their max? I didn't look it up) if they think the reservoir will fill up too much with the rain. The problem is the spillway's lower half is essentially fucking gone. If they go 120kps it might erode the side out fast enough to saturate the whole hill and cause landslide. They better be running simulations on overtime because the trick to not making the dam explode is to find that sweet spot of lake level draining that doesn't erode out the face of the sediment anchor.

I doubt they'll be able to do it but I also hunger for happening so that's skewing my perception.

Concrete is strong enough after just 6 hours to walk on, but in two days? It will easily crack and wash away quicker than dirt because the cement will not have cured completely. That is a LOT of force for fresh concrete/fibercrete.

What's the easiest way to get California to behave. Have a catastrophe declared and round up the illegals.
This sudden cancellation of HAARP by Trump pushed all that rain that has been holding back for a decade directly into California. Of course they'll be surprised and overwhelmed. Especially since the American infrastructure has been crumbling for so long.

either way…
RAIN FOR THE RAIN GOD
FLOOD FOR THE FLOODPLAIN

Yeah, they're fucked.

A place near the town I live was built on shitty ground like that over there, and after two days of heavy rain the whole mountain gave away. Same shit will happen here, you don't want underground waters digging near your barely standing dam.

There is more than one thing occuring right now. There is that massive erosion.. that hole in that picture is from the emergency spillway just to the left of the main spillway and then there is the huge piece of mountain that was sheered off to the right of the spillway.

And we cant see what is going on where the mountain was sheered off.. how far down has that.. what is now a waterfall.. eroded further? does it just go straight down? or does it go down and to the right?

Either way there is massive erosion in front of the fucking dam… and behind and underneath the dam there is invisible erosion taking place because of the dam being over fucking filled.

Is this true? Does he even have that kind power? Maybe he'll stop the chemical spraying too.

They never went above 120k cfs, but if heavy rainn force them to increase it above 100k cfs that spill way will be damaged pretty hard, I think they are trying to drain the the lake as much as possible before the next storm hits so they wont have to use the emergency spillway at all but they are only half way through raining season so they cant really work on it until it ends. The maximum cfs they can do was 200k+ cfs but I doubt they might do it at that level because then there wont be much of a spillway left since its crumbling.

I think we will see flooding, maybe even MAJOR flooding but nothing too spectacular like the dam failure or something unless there are huge storms later this rain season for California.

Jewish tier art right there.

Yeah, I heard the hole was about 200 feet wide and 70 deep. That goes well bellow the concrete footing aspects of the dam, IE they are pretty fucked, no ammount of drain tile could move that amount of water away from the base of the dam effectively.

Ever walk on wet clay?

getting closer and closer to paradise

haarp stopped being ran by the gubmint in mid 2015
not to say they don't have some hand in it anymore but a university took it over officially

So basically a new lake is forming?

Wet clay does not compact. It needs to be a little moist but not saturated. Water does not compress, it massively hinders how well clay compacts.

This dam is probably going to go, based solely on the fact that the government has constantly been saying everything is fine and nothing bad is going to happen, and then the bad things happen they said wouldn't happen.

The only way the dam is going to survive is if they stop the erosion. And the forecast does not look good.

Do not forget that all that water is increased weight. It's more pressure at the bottom of the dam, forcing more water underneath it. It's also more stress on the dam itself.

Kinda.

It just happens there's a hill there right now.

Sinkholes take months to deal with. This area is pretty fucked up. I don't know what they plan to do for the next coming weeks of water.

That's my point. The soil can't absorb that moisture, The water is turning the clay into an abrasive, high pressure grit that is displacing THE ENTIRE MOUTAIN ON WHICH THE EMERGENCY SPILLWAY WAS BUILT.

sputniknews.com/us/201702131050641766-california-dam-breaks-mass-evacuation/

The dam seems to be a real sheetpile alright.

Electrcal / Power engineer here, geoengineering looks comfy, is it the case or in reality is just crawling in mud? :^)

(sieg heil'd)

Geo engineers design it, if you want to play in the mud you have to take a pay cut.

(C H E C K E D)

Hitler is guiding the water.

Well you can still play around being a civil engineer as long as you dont get into the project management of it. Though I would say all engineering fields make at worst decent dosh.

You can be a site engineer if you want to, it's not all pencil pushing

SHADILAY!
PRAISE KEK

They stole that from the Aztecs fam, patents aren't inventions. The moar you know.

Oh don't mind me, i'm just salty as hell because I'm the builder, not the engineer. Also, structual engineers still make mistakes, lord knows i've had to fix a fuck ton of em.

Wait wut,
'​Inspectors also noted that due to its tremendous size, the dam could actually cause an earthquake that would damage itself.

Well to add against your point, the structural engineers at the dam didnt fail, but it was the maintenance required that just never happened.

Most of the time iirc infrastructure failure is because of the lack of maintenance.

This isn't really a sinkhole. A sinkhole is what happens when water dissolves rock and then drains away, resulting in a cavity that can't support the weight of whatever is on top of it.

This is flat out erosion.

is this the same op making the same threads about california and "learning to swim" or is this a meam?

I think that the last line means that if it shifted a few centimeters too quickly the entire thing could crack.

Yeah if the dam breaks and falls apart, it would create a landslide resulting in a earthquake is what I think they are trying to say?

Bingo. I learned to swim before I was 5, and how? After a bit of training on how to float and paddle, my dad took me to the pool and tossed me in the shallow end (still to deep to touch of course). And lo and behold, I managed to swim back to the side on my own. From that day forward I was capable of swimming. You should have witnessed the horror of the helicopter moms, quite amusing even to a child.

CALIFORNIA YES!!!!

SURPRISED? WHEN YOU DRAIN THE SWAMP YOU GOTTA PUT THE SHIT SOMEWHERE

It's a cultural reference.

Excellant video thank you I learned something.
t mechanical engineer

I was OP of the last one, "LEARN TO SWIM" started a few months back during an earthquake thread where we tried to meme the San Andreas fault into unzipping. Since then all the California threads have been water-related, so any time California gets the raw end of a happening that's the meme. The earthquake thread also had some stupendous digits, so I'm guessing Kek was harnessing our energy for this happening.

>>>9255074

Best I can hope for is reactor meltdown.

and for all we know they probably stole that from the Mayans.

The thing is going to cause itself to break, and then it will flood across the area. I assume global warming and Trump will be summarily blamed.

How funny is it going to be when the bill is voted on?
Fucking niggers, you know it's going to happen

Commie structure wasn't fucked enough so now it can cause it's own earthquakes to damage itself when it feels like it

Sounds like a track by some kind of heavy metal band. SELF QUAKING DAM.

thanks user, you just improved the board quality by 1488%

http: //www.chicoer.com/article/zz/20131129/NEWS/131129267

Post music for the death of Commiefornians

I CAN FEEL IT!

ER hasn't been a reputable news source in years.
It's basically our local WaPo but on paper

Could this instigate a split in California, where non pozzed bit ups and leaves (figuratively)?

Looks like the north Pacific is getting ready to run a rape chain on NorCal again.

fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi/cgi-bin/wxmap_loop.cgi?&area=nvg_epac&prod=prp&dtg=2017021318&set=All

I guess ya'll calfags have to take one for the team.

If dubs spillway breaks further, If trips levee breaks further.

n-nice try navy…

youtube.com/watch?v=dTWyJ1LmDsk

YES

This whole situation is red counties being extremely fucked over by libshits diverting funds to illegals and protecting minnows.

thats now how it works.

fuck the levee the dam itself is what is going to break

Mil makes their own certs instead of buying them from third parties.

Give us your IP and browser configuration citizen, you can always trust the Navy™!

He doesn't know the prophecy.
archive.is/ZlgqP

I'm looking at the lake Orville webcam on the California park website, but I feel like they are showing a bad viewpoint. From what I see it seems like it's calming down, is that true?

It did that on .gov computers too, Navy is just lazy about updating their certs. I'll dig up something else anyways.

yes

im confused, is this real?

maybe
maybe not
probably not

REMEMBER
California is just a sign of what commies have planned for all of America

But take heart anons! There is a storm coming Wednesday night in Thursday.

Fuck that, I want the niggers out of my fairgrounds.

The weather reports seem to indicate more rainfall this week after a lull.
They have to close the spillways to repair them and that means that they can't drain the lake while the spillways' new patch job is completed. This will keep the lake level excessively high and could contribute to more overflow if the predicted rain is as bad or worse than expected.

More overflow = more erosion = likelier dam failure

yes

They never learn.

I worked in an ISO Dock for a year when I broke my foot, PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE save time, money and lives - but executives, leaders and officers often show nigger tier foresight and want to save cash where it counts to either receive bonuses or promotions.

"You don't think the government really pays 1000 dollars for a box of nails and 3000 dollars for a hammer do you?"

it probably doesn't look like that illustration but we definitely have classified space stations, they show up when people do astro-photography sometimes, structures in orbit 5x the size of the ISS but with active stealth like starfields on the earth-facing hull

Of course it's real.
This is what you can do with trillions in black budget cash & stolen Nazi technology.

I think it's the same artist that put the US insignias on that giant Arizona UFO. This UFO. But I didn't bother to save the Air Force version because it was dumb.

Well, there are things you could do. I doubt you could get all of them to leave though. Maybe if you have a lot of friends join in.

(checked)

Thank you Kek!

Here we are, now in two flavors,

GFS model:
wxweb.meteostar.com/models/ipsm_looper.php?PROD=2017021318_WST_GFS_SFC_SLP_THK_PRECIP_WINDS

and NAM:
wxweb.meteostar.com/models/ipsm_looper.php?PROD=2017021312_WUS_NAM_SFC_SLP_THK_PRECIP_WINDS

The NAM is higher resolution but doesn't go as far into the future, it's the older 12Z run too, the 18Z is borked, it might not be done calculating yet.

(witnessed)

(checked)
oh

listen to the words.
Since Maynard was such a faggot during the election, we should use this song to Ben Garrison him. "learn to swim" was directed at the nigger gangs of LA.

huh

>and for all we know they probably stole that from the Mayans. Jungle niggers are jungle niggers

Irrelevant to the argument, we can all agree that niggers did not "invent" peanut butter, the patents that Carver nigger had were mostly fruitless and insignificant.

If you wanna be spooked for real look up some of the classified Space Shuttle missions with all-military crews.

Alrighty then.

WASH THE COMMIES AWAY KEK!

SOON

*flying freeemasonic square

(WITNESSED)

A FUCKING ROTHSCHILD SHILL
What a waste of a get. Those who waste digits will be put to the sword soon enough.

Now there's digits worth checking.

Ja kriegskamerad

It must suck having such severe autism you fall for bait so easily

DEUS VULT

KEK MIT UNS!

I think Kek is angry.

On it, yes. Posted to social media.

The grammar natsocs never sleep

This should give you an idea of how sparsely populated the area is
In contrast:

None of the above 3 populations include the urban sprawl around these city centers. For example, if you include the rest of LA County, the number shoots up to 10.02 million. LA County alone is larger than 42 of the 50 states in terms of population. To California, 188,000 people is a pittance, and that's part of the reason why their dam didn't get repaired—too few constituents, coupled with low property taxes and bond potential.

NOW I'M MAD

The KRCR station is running a story on the Shasta Dam now, and how it's built out of solid concrete and is made to last a century.
BLOWOUT SOON, STALKER

The emergency spillway was designed to be used in conjunction with the primary spillway. It's a supplement, not a replacement. Also, keep in mind it's also eroding the hillside that isn't the dam face. Plus the hole in the primary spillway is also causing hillside erosion. Even if the hill doesn't erode through, the dam face itself is being supported by it. Weaken it enough, and the damn face could flip open like a door.

also, imagine the pressure on the lower part of that dam right now. Water is about 44 psi per hundred feet. How wide is the dam face at its lowest point? And what's the likelihood of major hillside erosion next to it?

No but I do think politicians and their contractor friends like laundering money. It's a scam as old as time itself.

It actually started with Ale-Bill Hicks

Laundering it TO SPACE

But yeah the Pentagon is missing like 6 trillion bucks. I'm sure at least half is in some Rothschild dickhead's bank accounts but some of it's gotta be in orbit.

Maybe, but why would a jew steal 3 trillion when it could steal 6 trillion?

(checked)
This is the way you do it user it is not the width of the dam it is the thickness. The resultant force of all the water pressure acting on the dam face can be resolved to a height 1/3 of the distance from the bottom.
Pic related

At least it's not sheeky.
newfag

why would a jew steal 6 trillion when he could just add those numbers to his bank balance?

Because user, it's more fun to steal from the proletariat
:^)

user, I-I must urge you to read this.

who knows these feels

confirmed for happening, bois

HERESY

I'm getting spooked, does anyone have a picture of the main spill way before dusk? The main channels keep replaying earlier footage.

Your assertion falls apart after you learn that fat is less dense than water. Or are sheboons, etc, not a thing in the kangz timeline you just came from?

damn

shiggy

heretical in terms of Christianity or traditional European religion?

Get in the fucking shed

wiggidy wuttigy's the difference my dude

both

checked tbh

Blacks can't swim cause their melanin is too heavy with light-knowledge. Open your eyes.

fair curiosity sated.

Sounds like something a heretic would say

Waterfox is compiled with intel's C++ compiler, it's faster. Or it was anyway, looks like it's compiled with clang cl now which is still pretty fast but without the massive headache. Waterfox best version. I'd be using it if I hadn't switched to Opera.

Gas yourself before the mods do tbhfam

Can kikes swim ?

no, but they can use their schnoz to inhale a big enough breath to float

Did he died?

It's photo shopped, he actually fell into water.

Please proofs me pls

At least he knows how deep it is.

Why does she have tears in her eyes?

did he died?

shooped, look at the bungee wrapped around the wheelchair.
Shame though could have been good mild gore grab

(check'd)
Don't worry Hitler, you'll find a loyal froggo someday.

May Kek in heaven pee pee poo poo all over it!

Sheboon fat density counteracted by the weight of their weave.

When I was in high school, 3 black girls took an F in the swimming unit (1/3 of grade) rather than get their hair wet every day for 6 weeks. Needless to say they did not learn how to swim in spite of the mandatory nature of the course.

When Kek shows up because a shill got bad digits you know shit is going down.

They should just treat the emergency spillway as a safety plug and let the dam in a gradual way

Make a market on Fairlay.com.

i watched the same video not 3 days ago

Why you gotta take away the one thing they have? You're a meanie.

Because maybe it will inspire them to actually invent something. I doubt it but hey most of them have some white DNA anyway anything is possible.

is the dam about to nut

To help them realize how utterly fucking useless the entirety of their race is.

Goddamnit.

Wetbacks are gonna get wet.

I'm pretty sure nobody is going to sell flood insurances to valley residents at the moment.

whats the latest ive been napping and feeling sorry for myself

archive. is/mwcVK

Has anybody died yet? I'm tire of waiting.

Who's it supposed to flay?

Don't worry, user. My sides are on their way to reclaim it.

checked
Anuuuuuuu cheeki breeki
iv damke
Cyka blat

Ready for this damn to burst already so I've got something to fap to.

You're going to have a disaster

Glad Drudge is getting the straight story out to people. DWR are lying kikes.

I was in the mood for popcorn a few minutes ago

DAMage control bruh.

Is this fucking dam kill yet or what

yea give us the rundown

not kill, suicide watch, storms wednesday night to saturday

checked
LET IT FLOW
PRAISE KEK
SHADILAY

good shit
i just watch like an hour of the guy's videos, thanks asshole.

No, but they thought it might, so they evacuated 188000 people.
It didn't. yet.
Maybe Commiefornia will play ball now.

Personal army request.

Dam will break Wed. Check my dubs

8 days of rain? why not 8 weeks and ensure total fuckery?

The dam…is gonna BREAK!

One day young grasshopper you will grow and learn the ways that were set in motion by our ancestors.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian-American_Company

Probably worried about relatives.

That self-quaking dam needs to quake already.

Any updates?

….

Former first lady Barbara Bush ticked off a number of reasons why New Hampshire voters should pick Jeb – he's 'relatively funny' and 'good looking,' too.

But 'he's almost too polite,' she said, which is why her son has been under performing in the presidential debates, especially against the bombastic Donald Trump.

'I don't advise him, but if I gave him advice I would say, "Why don't you interrupt like other people do?"' she said during a sit-down for CBS This Morning, conducted during her trip to New Hampshire where she's been campaigning alongside her son to boost his chances.

Jeb Bush gave a sigh.

'I've gotten better at interrupting, mom, come on,' the 62-year-old former governor of Florida said.

New helicopter footage from yesterday afternoon. Apparently they are putting the bags of rocks way over at the parking lot entryway.

Wouldn't it be cheaper and quicker to get a load of California's illegals to form a line and move the rocks from A to Dam?

Seems like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point.

Bump for more memery

Aren't all space shuttle missions done with military crews? Astronauts are part of the USAF.

They think that tiny pile of rocks is going to save them?

Seems like a great idea right. Considering the part that must be reinforced is about the entire length that is in your picture (500 meters). Each bag is maybe about 3 cubic meters, 1.5^3.
To make somewhat of a wall you need at least 2000 bags, in the video I counted about 600. 2000 bags takes 66 hours if you can drop one every 2 minutes.
According to pic related rain is on the way. It 48 or 72 hours, the spillway may well be overflowing again.
Who is going to tell that to all the evacuees.

lol I'll tell them. "HEY FUCK FACES, YOUR HOUSE IS FUCKED. TIME TO MOVE TO A STATE THAT DOESN'T FUCK YOU IN THE ASS WITH TAXES THE WAY THIS DAM IS ABOUT TO FUCK YOUR HOUSE IN THE ASS"

Did it flood yet or what

Things have calmed down for now, and people are still evacuating. We are waiting till the rain comes on Wednesday

Video taken this morning.
https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux9MSHoVL2g

are they really flying rocks with a helicopter?

Who's making money off that?

I wonder who will star in the inevitable movie after the dam collapses?

wonder how much it costs to keep that UH60 in the air, all the ground equipment running, and all the crews (probably getting hazard pay)?

I'm guessing it's at least $200 an hour for every swinging dick on that dam right now

and it's all just 'damage control' for the pending court battles, which tax payers will be paying for too.

First of all
K is for Kelvin you fucking retards, and it's cubic feet per second

110K cfs would be about -262 Fahrenheit cubic feet seconds. The prefix also adheres to the unit, since it's a fucking pre-fix, so 110,000 cubic feet per second would be 110 kcft/s, ignoring that appending SI prefixes to Imperial units is an absolute abomination to begin with.

Anyway, to continue in this moniker 110 kcft/s * 60 *60 * 24 ≈ 9.5 Gcft/day. One cubic foot is about 7.48 US gallon so that's roughly 71 Ggal/day. This gives us a minimum of 5 days and 15 hours to reach that 50 foot margin. Let's hope they don't make it.

You are right, my units were a bit sloppy and I should know better. As for the outflow rate, it is still at 100 kcft/s, the reporter was wrong. They lowered the level by a bit under 4 feet in the last 10 hours.
You did not take into account the inflow to the lake which is about 25 to 35 kcft/s.
All the data is public and can be found here.
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO&d=14-Feb-2017 13:25&span=12hours

Indeed. ((Who))?

Well fuck me, what was I thinking?

100 kcft/s ≈ 2.30 acre-feet/s
Average inflow last 12 hours: 30.0 kcft/s ≈ 6.89 daf/s
Net displacement: 1.61 af/s

1.61 aft/s * 60 * 60 * 24 ≈ 139 kaft/day
400 Ggal ≈ 1.23 Maft
Time needed at current acre-feet rate: 8 days 20 hours

When is the rain going to hit?

MAKE THEM DEAD LEVEE-CHAN!

MOM'S GONNA FIX IT ALL SOON.

MOM'S COMIN' ROUND TO PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT OUGHT TO BE.

FALSE THE DAM GETS BREACHED AT 1132 TOMORROW

nope. their biochem is too similar. very few animals have specialized biochem -divergence- from the -skeletal- muscle classic model. same for bones. the notable exception are gazelles, and birds, which are exceptions, –exceptions– for fucks sake. nigs are not gazelles. nigs are not birds. nigs are not specialized adaptation, they are the lack thereof.

what 'muh muscle' shit there is, is principally media driven lies and clandestine sponsor aided steroids.

what 'muh muscle' shit exists after that special subset of niggerdom, is not a biochem or specialization difference, rather it is consequence of yet another lack-there-of in neural differentiation. poor impulse control = all on or all off = african bee syndrome (and various 'around blacks never relax'). this means you –don't– have control when you work or train. this means that you –don't– have sustain or endurance. this means that you –do– have 'more fast twitch', but again, this is NOT a dna selection, rather it is the next best 'good enough' thing; all on is better than all off, if you can only choose one or the other. so that's what they get.

sweet jesus the nigs hate this when you point it out. their lack of parallel specialized circuits in their brains is what causes nearly 100% of their strange degenerate behavior and all consequences. what do you think X would look like if you took a squirrel's head, and put it into a man's body? a man-dingo. bad at physical labor, bad at mental labor, bat at labor period, and odd secondary physical compensatory system effects.

every time this comes up, i am reminded that i have got to distill this into a simpler meme, to correct the idiocy muh nigga jewry's mental retardation. and then i quickly remind myself that the target audiences wouldn't receive nor remember anyway.

nevertheless:
there is no effective skeletal muscle specialization differentiation, nor long bone differentiation, between nigs and mankind. this holds for all the trees of descent vs mankind as well.

there -are- bone -dimension- differences, which hinder bio -mechanical- efficiency. which, in case you happen to be bad at english, reads: LACK OF DIFFERENTIATION. same god damn thing. mis-growth is mis-growth. period. to change one aspect of anything in isolation to the rest of the universe it exists in is nearly always short sighted and low energy. which, again, is nig.

muh difference faggots.

Evacuations been lifted apparently.

They will run the evacuation just like the damn maintenance.

REEEEEEE

Did their utterly shit rock-dropping idea ever work out?

They are doing something with concrete. Not sure if it would be dry enough by tomorrow to handle the rain.

(checked)
I don't think water has touched any of the rocks yet.

Concrete, especially in a large volume, takes days to reach an initial cure. There simply isn't enough time before the next rainstorm.

(checked)
Maybe the false sense of security will.

WEW

criminally underrated

Updates??

By the look of the water it might be Thursday before water would start to spill over the top again. We'll have to see how heavy the rain is.

The situation is 100% at the mercy of the next rain fall. The repairs they've made are of questionable quality and durability so if the main spillway keeps eroding (it's supposedly stabilized) and they have to use the emergency spillway for longer than a couple hours things are gonna get real fucking wet in the neighborhood.

I used to live in this picture frame, Sisjew county

UPDATE: Major precipitation coming in 10-12hrs

……………………………….

Depends on the concrete. Hydraulic Concrete cures well underwater

Won't cure so well if everything around it is being both rained on and eroded away by the rushing water. I doubt it would make much of a difference either way.

It will be allright. This is not structural heavy weightload concrete. It just needs to hold those rocks together and prevent erosion.

Emergency spillway is built on nigger tier base material and will erode away. Where they have made those emergency repairs before, you can see there was some serious undercutting - but the concrete held allright there.

I would go with that assessment. Concrete actually cures better with some additional water, but not quite that much extra water.

These types cure on their own. More water is actually worse. I doubt they have used cement that cures under water, just the type that sets in faster than regular ones.
Technology and science once again saves white niggers from themselves.

It might save the emergency spillway but the mainspillway is still half gone. I honestly have no idea how they think they're gonna keep it from getting eroded undernearth

underneath*

What about the erosion in the back i heard about a while ago?

haven't been following

It's starting to rain in Northern California
https:// radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

LEARN TO SWIM
LEARN TO SWIM
LEARN TO SWIM
LEARN TO SWIM
LEARN TO SWIM
LEARN TO SWIM

Well fuck me. Guess I gotta go back to chan school. Apologies, anons.

IT BEGINS

Sure user.
THE ONLY WAY TO FIX IT IS TO FLUSH IT ALL AWAY

Eternal reminder to lurk more before posting. It's never enough. Also explore your fucking options.

If only we knew how many white males are on the team to prevent the damn from collapsing. If we knew we'd be able to predict whether the dam will fail.

The lower percentage of white males the higher the chance of catastrophic failure. I'll make a bet the crews who allowed the dam to get to this point weren't the ones who built it back in the day.

They can't. Their only hope is that that part is built on solid bedrock and contractor didn't chimp out on getting concrete bonded well to it.

They cannot repair the spillway with water going thru it. Same is for emergency spillway.

And they can't repair the spillway because there is not enough holding capacity of the dam with the current weather.
As well as powerplant which could drain it at 40.000cfm is offline.
So the only way for water to get out is via damaged spillway.

The emergency spillway would never needed to be used if they just upped the outflow on main one.

Now, when all the material washed up in the river, they can't even bring the powerplant back online - they will have to continue using the main spillway.

This is a disaster that will continue to be a disaster for next month.

When they bring the powerplant back online, things may change. They could do the repairs with water level rising just slightly, 10-15.000 cfm difference instead of 50.000cfm filling up the lake.

They would have about 3 days time.

If they just drain it via broken spilway and do the repairs, they have about a day or so.

What they are not saying is - base of the emergency spillway got damaged and whole thing shifted.
There is simply no way to repair now, just suffer thru it.

Once you see the brown water between the spillway and bottom of the dam clear - powerplant will be back online.

They cannot start the powerplant because:
Water backing up currently - too much getting poured in
Obstruction in the waterway - causes water to back up again.
Power lines damaged or offline - if they cannot dissipate power, turbines and generators will overspin and get auto-shut-down. They won't do that because they know that equipment may be damaged because of that, so whole thing will remain offline until conditions are safe and steady.

Powerplant will remain offline for way longer. There is no way to start it now because the amount of runoff soil, rock and mud is too great and only after spillway is fixed and/or operational, they may try to start removing it.
But for that they need water storage capacity, which again, they don't have.

Best bet would be:
Shut off spillway for a couple of hours, get diggers to make a channel thru sediment and force powerplant online to wash away the remaining sediment.
Use this method of draining the dam to maintain the water level < this was how it was meant to be used, maintaining level via powerplant, not the spillway.
Then start the repairs.

But what they will do is:
Repair emergency spillway
Use emergency spillway and create even bigger disaster again
Whine
In the mean time, maybe fix the main spillway - that is a big maybe. It is FUBAR'd
The gender gap between water privileged parts is just too big. Basically, they would need to build something similar to a bridge.
Remain out of power and out of control for months. Missing out on power capacity generation costs cali 1.000.000USD daily. And it is up to 2 mil because they have to import power or burn more expensive power sources.
They have currently lost 5 mil USD already.

Costs of evacuations are a couple of millions in economic damage as well.
People will start to sell their properties and whole community may suffer consequences of this for a decade.

Reminding you just that: This dam generates about 200 million USD revenue a year, about half that are pure profits.

Can you please explain this more user, genuinely curious.

lel

They have no self reflection.
Observe fly flying into a window. It will do it again and again until it dies.
Their brain is just barely good enough to operate basic body functions.
Keeping the lights on and opening the mouth to feed itself.

Remind you that we have raised dogs that listen to voice instructions better than nignogs. And even coming from a wolf, they are less violent and more self reliant.

Double dubs confirm the stupidity of dindu nigmuffins

The movie "Hard Rain" became real. Get your jet skis and assault rifles ready for the coming looters from the cities.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZKTMxF2PrHM

All the stores are empty and it has been only a day or so. There is no gas available for your car pumpstations are empty as well.
Looting is imminent.

i dindunuffin begins.

Neat

Observe artist creating a whiteboy mouth for nignogs because their expressions would be otherwise non existent.
They are even a waste of ink on paper.

That won't stop the Commiefornian government from slapping a hardhat on their heads and calling them engineers.

Those are supposed to be their massive lips, I think they are more red in the actual printed comic, they look washed out there
Just google tintin in the congo for some supreme asshurt over it, based herge triggering lefties from the grave to this day.

++California should import expensive underwater Roman concrete from Naples==

Where are all the Rain Chan posters????

waiting a few more hours, heavy downpour incoming LOL

This is one slow happening. I think it is at least 24 hours before the rain starts. I'm having some doubts about this becoming a happening to be honest.

Wash away the anger
Here I stand beneath the warm and soothing rain
The droplets falling gently down on the terrain
Wash away the sorrow all the stains of time
But there’s no memory it’s only dry inside
In the mud and sinking deeper
Into a peaceful life
And it will come like a flood of pain
Pouring down on me
And it will not let up
Until the end is here
And it will come through the darkest day
In my final hour
And it will never rest until the clouds are clear
Until it finds my dreams have disappeared
My dreams disappear

Dubs confirm memes as DNA of the Soul.

COLLAPSE, DAM-CHAN!

I seriously want to hit you with a hammer faggot, watching a geology happening, GETS IMPATIENT.
You fucking new gen 'earth conscience' brain dead fuck!

LEARN TO SWIM

When are the rains coming?

Is there another stream for this? The one in the OP won't work for me, maybe because I'm in the UK not USA.

Should be starting soon. Here's the radar:

radar. weather.gov/Conus/Loop/pacsouthwest_loop.gif

LEARN TO SWIM

Average stats for the last 12 hours.

Inflow: 2500 acre-feet per hour
Outflow: 8300 acre-feet per hour

The rain needs to get over here already.

You can jack concrete up to cure in less than an hour so I don't think this will be a problem, unfortunately.

Fucking commies.

Come on guys lets help this along now.

There is the problem. Fails in mechanical engineering can happen in the blink of an eye. This is positively glacial by comparison.
Anyway I'll be more patient, plz no bully.

It's going to crumble tonight

You better be right faggot.

Kek.
One damn nice racerealistic colored comic. They don't make them like they used to.

It doesn't need to rain to collapse the dam. Structural integrity is questionable at this point.
They can't repair it anyway. Storm inbout and rain season is just starting.
Calicucks have to learn to swim very fast.

When reservoir capacity doesn't mean water capacity, but capacity to flood homes.

At this point, they are just buying time, there is no way they can even resolved this situation for next few months. Emergency spillway will get used again.

Sadly it wont.

But people don't know the upper part of the dam on the hill is nothing but concrete and some piled rock. At this point, it has very questionable integrity.

As well as this: Another hole might form in the spillway.
Spillway wasn't meant to be used like this or used at all.
Emergency spillway was meant to be used as last resort to buy time to evac. If you use it, you are an idiot.

It looks like the question is when, not if, at this point. Our meme teams need to get ahead of this now, to make sure the blame falls on the appropriate parties; the commies who gave all of the taxpayers' money to foreign invaders rather than protect its citizens with proper infrastructure. They will sure as shit chalk this up to "climate change" and try to use this to raise the price of our burgers to $10.

It has begun.
weather.com/en-GB/weather/today/l/USCA0818:1:US

One of the best kept secret by Moulinsar edition (who own the rights of Tintin) is that Tintin is modeled after Hergé journalist pal, Léon Degrelle.
Yes Standartenführer Léon Degrelle of the 28th SS Walonien…

They pulled all the early works like "Tintin chez les soviets", which depict early commies atrocities or "Tintin au Congo" which depict niggers as they are.
I think even "Tintin en Amerique" is being pulled because it shows the indians as savages drunkards.

legal 'we told you so' after idiots drown

Watched the movie last night. It was pretty good. I normally don't care for action movies but the setting was unique.

Which section? The spillways are quite massive so I doubt those will go. (unless those too were built without steel and bust open from the lake pressure)

Weird that not that many people seem to have seen it. Christian Slater at his height, Morgan Freeman, Minnie Driver when she was still decently hot (and wet) in a low budget film with good lighting effects, I think it's good-good tier of B-movies.

kek

I've never even heard of it before. It made great use of plot twists too.

Interesting stuff. Once you mentioned that some of the episodes had fallen into the realm of the verboten, I had to see them for myself. It's like the comic is just "chaser" to help wash down the red-pills.

Topic related:

latimes.com/local/california/la-live-updates-oroville-dam-20170212-htmlstory.html

hopefully it moves closer to lake oroville

Rain in Oroville isn't as significant as rain in the mountains to the east and north. I Wonder if they are trying to impound more water in Lake Almanor to buy time.

oh. It will run downstream etc?

I've plotted the last week's stats for the Oroville dam. Jim is trying to kept the tor man down so someone post this image: http:// wikisend.com/download/268952/

I feel it's a bit cluttered but I thought I'd ask:
Keep the inflow and outflow plots or just show the net flow plot?
Stick with two time labels per day or just one?
Bridge the missing data or leave it out?

Anything else?

Click [show post options & limits]
Paste normal link into 'embed' field
faggot
>>>/test/

Pretty much, Oroville is downstream of the dam and the whole watershed is north and east. The rain is starting but but there should be snow in the higher elevations which might not make it to the dam until spring melt time.
It looks like the freezing level is around 650 meters for the Oakland and Reno weather balloon soundings, that is about 2,100 feet. Anything higher in elevation will be snow so this will probably be a long term happening.

damn it, i want this to bust open now reeeeeeeeeeeeee

Don't be too discouraged, foehn or chinook winds are a thing. I don't know enough about the terrain and prevailing weather there to say if it is likely, but through the magic of adiabatic warming, feet of snow can disappear in a day.

Not sure if your image is damaged or the blanks exists because there was no data at the worst time?

Thanks.

The blanks are sections with no data. I can either leave them empty or let the grapher just bridge the lines over them.

The dam is unlikely to go (it would require the water from the main spillway cutting over to the foundation of the dam). The key questions are, can the main spillway keep running at an average of 70k+cfm through May (when the rainy season ends and snow pack is finished melting) and if not how much erosion below the main or emergency spillway lower the reservoir's level (ie how much water goes around the dam in the event of a spillway failure).

Start the meme of.
Goverment of california spent only 1 cent for maintenance out of every dollar earned on Oroville dam, leading to disaster.
#Notalldams
#Damprivilege
#Damlivesmatter
#Waterfornia

Caltrans District 3

twitter.com/caltransdist3

Dam will blow in next 24hrs.

could you link the live cam you're watching, please. I need something to keep up on it

parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411

How do you know Civil Engineer user? What should we be looking for?

Keep a close eye on top soil erosion surrounding the dam and spillways. With the coming rainfall not only will the dam be put under intense pressure due to inflow>outflow, the soil around it will become very loose (not saturated since it is already saturated several metres deep). Since the dam is supported mainly by earth (yes, old dam) the new levels of erosion from storms will collapse the dam. The engineers in charge needed to clear 50ft to lower this risk, i believe they have only achieved 1/3 of this. The emergency spillway will become unusable as well of course.

How badly will the incoming rain affect specifically the top layer just by itself? Obviously it's going to fill up the damn and add pressure, but the rain is also going to be doing some work on the top layer and saturation, no?

They put concrete to protect said top soil, (((theoretically))) it will be ~80% dry and fortified by the first heavy rainfall. Without this protective layer it would be almost certain of a failure, however it really depends on how dry the concrete really is by the time the rain hits.

Geo-user here

If unconsolidated soil is saturated on an incline for long enough, it will slump down slope in an attempt to achieve a stable angle of repose. With limited vegetation and a relatively steep slope, I would expect to see some mass wasting on the hillsides adjacent to the dam in the next few days, especially in areas undercut by previous flooding.

I don't know how this will effect the dam, so consult CE-user for that.

So essentially, they're 100% fucked.

How's the dam doing? Is it close to collapse?

Yes.

If the concrete that mentioned permeated the soil beyond the surface, then there is a chance that the soil will hold if the rain isn't torrential. That said, the addition of a weight to the soil surface alters how gravity pulls down on the hillside and could lead to mass wasting due to the increased load.

I would give a conservative estimate of 65-75% fucked

goddamn look at that erosion, even on the left side where no water is running through theres alot of it. Does anyone know what kind of soil in that area? There will be a sheer cliff cut into that hill within a month.

Other geologist here, once that fucker splits and spills, there will be unloading on 2 local faults on either side and more damage down the road

There's gold in them there hills

Rain will have no effect.
Mind you, spillover was about 10.000cfm. It is as wet as it gets

They are discharging 100.000cfm, they can discharge 300.000cfm without a problem.

From what ?

They have dropped the water level, it is reasonably safe for now.

If it wanted to breach, it would do so yesterday when it was at 100% capacity and spilling over.
It held.

Current problem is now erosion of the spillway, they can't fix that and have about a week left before it eats its way thru.

If they could do that they would be doing it already. They don't because the erosion of the spillway would work its way upwards really quickly at higher flow rates.

And discharging such large amount will cause downstream flooding I guess.

Ausfag here, reading this thread and cranking When the levee breaks by led zep. Good luck to any Holla Forumsacks caught out there. Had some crazy floods in my city a few years back, that much water is some scary shit.

I don't think anybody gives a fuck about that anymore. As long as it helps stave off dam failure and real flooding…

> youtube.com/watch?v=JxbDJlruQ-4

you fucking autistic nigger.