Other urls found in this thread:

moongadget.com/origins/flash.html
sourcegaming.info/2015/12/24/people-are-free-to-criticize-but-dont-lose-faith/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Bethesda guy what is his face.

Sakamoto, no question about it.
Sakurai comes at a close though.

George Lucas is the George Lucas.

He was constantly fucking around with Star Wars video games iirc.

Tim shafer(?)

who started out making good quality things for the era and descended into insanity?
maybe miyamoto

Hideo Kojima.

It's the only film franchise that was not only terrible, but has spawned several top-tier games despite the source material being shit.

David Cage or Tim Shitface

Zoe Quinn. They both made a steaming pile of shit that retards circlejerk over.

Filter all attention seeking name/trip/flagfags and do not reply to them.

Yoshio Sakamoto

Todd Howard is the closest, although Lucas wasn't a sellout like him.

He made great movies like THX 1138 and Star Wars IV under a supervision from Francis Ford Coppola. The prequels were still full of original ideas, but not as good since there's no one there to give him advice anymore.

Kojima.

I get it, I really do. Morrowind (or Oblivion) was babby's first "epic" open-world RPG for youngfags, just like Skyrim is for the kids today, and so you're able to overlook the terrible gameplay, the largely empty world, the awful ai, the bugs, the schizophrenic lore, all of it.

This gook is too casual and not original enough to be the George Lucas of gaming.

But that's wrong.

Too high fantasy for you?

are you really gonna sit there and >imply that George Lucas' shit is original

The only correct choice

I can't believe I forgot the gas station guy.

Well yeah.

Shigeru Miyamoto

/thread

This isn't even a contest.

There's only one answer

Sakamoto completely. I can't believe that the limitations of the time and Gunpei Yokoi made such a difference between him making great material and making terrible material.

I wouldn't say Sakurai as his vision is mostly him deliberately hampering himself out of quality because he wants to decide what kind of person likes his game. I feel like he's the person who's put off by things just because other people like them one way or another, meaning he has way too much in common with shitposters on Holla Forums.

/thread

Nigger he openly fucking admits to making Star Wars because he wanted to remake the Flash Gordon serials from the 1930's.

Educate yourself: moongadget.com/origins/flash.html

If you don't say Blizzard, you're fucking retarded.

I know, it's no secret that Star Wars was inspired by a lot of pulp scifi films like Flash Gordon, but they didn't have much in common other than wars between two space kingdoms. The sets, story, and design are largely different.

I mean =

The ultimate hack fraud of video gaming.

I don't think you can beat David Gaider for career parallels.

I know that R2D2 is pretty much a rip-off of a character by Isaac Asimov, i can't remember his name though.

Actually yeah.

Originality as a concept is kind of pointless since everything is built on past stuff that other people made, but it's especially pointless with something like Star Wars. He took the main concepts for characters and plots and settings straight from other mediums. Just because he made an alien guy blue instead of grey or made the bad guys wear different looking clothes doesn't make it original.

This. He completely fucked Fracture.

And BF3.

I think the charm of Star Wars' robots is they have humane feelings and human personality, but the writers never made a big deal about it, unlike in most Asimov's story.

I have watched Flash Gordon. The story was nothing like Star Wars, really. In Star Wars, there's more emphasis on the personal story of the main characters. Ming or any of the villains didn't have as much depth as Vader or even Sheev. Star Wars is pretty much a classical hero story similar to Kurosawa and others converted into space opera.

WHITE SLAVERS

puke'd

Why, George Lucas of course. The origian LucasFilm Games to the modern LucasArts even followed the same gradual decline in quality.

pixel?

How the hell have I not heard about this before? That sounds borderline criminal charging people to play on such shitty servers

there wasn't a french comic series that had the same designs as the star wars characters and ships?

Chris Metzen ruined Blizzard's games and reputation, and he barely needed Bobby Kotick's help being an ass-hole.

Graphics not good enough for you, human?

You are for making this thread again.

Tim Schafer. It's the most fitting answer.

Gotta blame the designers and idea guys for that, not Lucas. He simply wanted samurai story in space. Hell, Lucas didn't even write Episode V's screenplay and had a co writer in making Ep VI's screenplay.

I can see everything except the comparison to the Millennium Falcon, that's really pushing it.

Welcome to hafa adai didn't invent that.

That's laughable, first one's not even in chains.

That's a fair one.

Eh. Maybe.

I doubt it.

I don't see it, but I guess that makes sense.

I think Romero is the best answer; he did great shit in a specific role like level designer where he didn't have other employees under him that had to be directed and managed, but as soon as someone gives him a blank check and puts him in charge everything just falls apart. Similar to how Lucas made good films when he had veterans there like Coppola and the people from Fox to keep him from shitting things up too much with his autism.

It'll be interesting to see how Romero's kikestarter thing plays out.

user, Todd Howard never made TES. That shit was done by Julien LeFay, at least if being called "Father of the Elder Scrolls" is of any evidence. All Todd did was act as its producer when either Daggerfall, Battlespire, or Redguard was being made.

I was just going to fucking post this.

Gunpei was basically Spielberg, he kept Lucas in check from making stupid decisions on his own, and with him gone he was given complete creative control over his movies and nobody was there to question it.

There isnt one yet
/thread

So someone who was so shit at their job that the people around them made what he was working on passable?
I'd say Romero came close with Daikatana.

Thats not george lucas, lucas is infamous for going back and changing shit for no reason.

He added things that was in his original script but couldn't be executed due to technological limitations.

The overgrowth guy. The game's been in alpha for over 6 years because he keeps going back and adding useless graphical shit to the game

Sakamoto so fucking much. Not even a Metroidfag.

This guy gets it. Star wars was always overrated trash but nigs everywhere kept insisting that it's the holy grail of movies, but the only good thing that ever came out of that franchise was vidya.

Tim Schafer. His early stuff is really good, now he produces shit.

Todd Howard replaced the fanbase he pissed off, however, whereas Lucas didn't really do anything with them and just continued making money through brand recognition.

Step up anons.

I award you a reply

Can't handle the truth user?

Muh babbys first wrpg was fallout, followed up with nox, then daggerfall. I was more of an RTS fan anyway. Id say I pretty well played. Id play Morrowind over Skyrim for this simplest reason:

Morrowind is an RPG pretending to be an action game, while Skyrim is an action game pretending to be an RPG. Morrowind has almost all player abilities defind by character sheets. IE you will have a hard time rolling lockpick for locks at or above your skill level, while in skyrim, you can pick it at a low level anyway.

It may sound surprising, but miyamoto never made a bad game (This is subjective, but we can agree on at least not Other M levels of irredeemable shit) and he's been making games for 35 years.
His early games weren't only popular, they are one of the most popular games of all time.
You can hate modern nintendo all you want, you can hate his attitude, but his portfolio is untouchable. No movie director/writer compares.

0/10

Romero proved he could still design good levels though. Check out his two recent DOOM maps. His levels in the original two DOOM games were the better ones too. Sandy Peterson needed to stop having such a hardon for tedious map design
Lucas hasnt created so much as a short film that wasn't shit for ages

Romero also didn't go back to DOOM and make it shit. That was done without him

Sakamoto is the most accurate answer

That means he didn't really love Doom.

Dude, it was hilarious.

holy shit this is perfect

Tetsuya Nomura

Part of a classic series; the best parts were from other people though.

Then going back to destroy it, which is fine since he's the 'creator'.

I think it's more that he's not going back to id and he isn't extracting an IP from bethshit

He did go back in the sense that he made two solid missions for Doom 1 within the past couple of months. He's also going back to the gameplay style with Blackroom supposedly

I was moreso talking about the additions to the series, namely the prequels, though those CGI inserts are cringeworthy as fuck, hilarious or otherwise

At the very least, he makes the Kingdom Hearts games fun to play.

The story in those get pretty borderline retarded. I won't deny that.

Now that's a bold claim.

He wrote the old trilogy with the prequels already in mind. Why do you think he started with IV?

This honestly.

George Lucas fucked with a lot of Lucasart projects including The Force Unleashed, Battlefront 3 and numerous other projects.

Most devs are the Lucas of gaming. They stumbled into success by accident and then got in over their heads, ending up producing mostly shit but living off off the reputation of their few actual good games.

I'd say Cronenberg has a similar track record, his early stuff is very well received and his later stuff is mostly just ok but none of it is bad

They came out 15 years later. I'd call that an addition whether he had planned to make them or not
And they still didn't need to be poorly acted, poorly written and lazily shot

Look up

Kojima, for the 100th time.

Bumpo

Who is George Lucas?

What would Kojimbo Ranch look like?

Hideo Kojima. He made 3 very competent games to wide acclaim. Then he got a big head and gained more control over writing the games and he made 3 that were far more convoluted/pretentious and ultimately got cucked by a big evil corporation.

He don't made 3 very competent games. There was many other developers you know. He's not even the main story writter. Just attention whore, meme developer for normalfags similiar to Todd Howard.

it's Sakurai

hell, he even compare himself to him
sourcegaming.info/2015/12/24/people-are-free-to-criticize-but-dont-lose-faith/

Dats rite, he was just a cowriter on the most acclaimed entry, MGS2.

He was practically a cowriter in the original MGS too, since the translator had to unfuck all the cringeworthy linkinpark-tier writing.

He's the guy who directed Star Trek.

No, i'm sure that was Steven Cameron.

having read that comic, the robo dude and jerky face are the same person.

I guess it's for the best everyone forgets about him

married a nigger and made a film about a bunch of unremarkable black pilots and turned them into super men

Definitly the creator of DeusEx

Who is a person who is likely an actual retard or is at least mentally unstable who has complete control over an IP that is extremely beloved whose art, music, and setting were all extremely good originally before he was able to exert his full power?

Todd Howard, easily.

Man, Valérian and Laureline is one of the best scifi comics I've ever read. It doesn't seem very popular, unfortunately.

Sometimes I wonder with how autistic Lucas was about his Star Wars games, does he ever look at the new Disney movie and cry. Knowing all he did in the original trilogy was undone and made irrelevant by disney and so much of what he loved was shattered by them. I wonder if he sometimes lies awake at night and wonders what his decisions have cost him.

Made one good thing and love to talk shit like theyre gods gift to the industry, neither realise theyve fucked every subsequent attempt to recreate the success.

Nomura had nothing to do with Lightning.

I dunno about you but thief was pretty great

He was waiting for the sufficient technology to appear.

I had forgotten that.

I remember he went on the Daily Jew Show and complained to Jon Stewart that no one wanted to publish his film or some such because it had a predominately black cast and the white executives thought a film like that wouldn't sell.

Fucking Lucas, you outdated fucking hack fuck you.

Did getting hit in the nuts cause him to see visions of his family's deaths? He certainly isn't reacting in a manor that normal people do to getting hit in the nuts.

Here's a video with some more comparisons (and some of the same images)

There is only one right answer.

I mean really, to go from the genius that was Policenauts and MGS to MGS4 and TPP is just plain unbelievable.

Who is the George Lucas of gaming? every single big name golden age dev.

Peter Molyneux maybe?

Obvious choice. If Lucasarts wasn't converted into a Star Wars-only developer it would still be great.

Not using ctrl + f

user what are you doing

Came here to post this.

(checked)
So far they've delayed it so they can put out a gameplay demo first, which is promising.

a good move and/or PR stunt for good will.

but holy fuck that setting they showed is plain oatmeal bland uninspiring.
the game setting is a long winded narrative apology for being unrealistic, the most un-90s-shooter fucking thing you could possibly do.

Nah Tim Schafer is the Joss Whedon of gaming.

I dunno who's the most successful plagiarist in gaming? Maybe someone from Blizzard copypasting Warhammer?

nice thumbnail faggot

>someone else gets the rights to the franchise
>fans think it's good but it's far worse
>new holder shitcans all the good things
>makes pointless bullshit the new canon
>fans want "George" back because at least it LOOKED good in comparison to this shit

I REALLY hope part 3 of this never happens to Metroid.

it's too late

MEANWHILE, FIFTEEN YEARS AGO