Wtf are people complaining about with this game...

wtf are people complaining about with this game? I jsut played the tutorial after pirating it and it retains a lot of the original mechanics from homeworld 2 which in my opinion is the best in the series gameplay wise.

About to move onto the campaign. I'm digging the radio chatter being increased

The previous games have been set in space though.

They removed the multidimensional combat of the earlier games because they got lazy and instead choose desert truck simulator and slapped "HOMEWORLD" on the title and expected it to sell.

They choose wrong.

This game takes a huge steaming shit on players on the original games.

-5/10 for pissing me off.

this is supposed to be homeworld?

what the fuk

It wasn't originally going to be a Homeworld game
It was going to be an RTS made by a good chunk of the original team with a lot of Homeworld-inspired elements, but then Gearbox offered them the license

It's made by Blackbird, not Gearbox. It was already several years in development when they got the license iirc

you sound like a huge autistic retard

It's a fucking prequel to the original game. Did you even read the lore?

do you even play video games?

you sound like a witless moron

how much do they pay you to be a good goy?

it's an RTS with Homeworld slapped on it, it's not the Homeworld sequel you are looking for, and it was very short

Good gameplay in general? Yeah sure

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Fuck off.

It costs 15$, which is too much for pc gamers apparently.

Bullfuckingshit, it's $50 and the game is barely worth $10, considering they are whoring dlc already for factions that should have been in the game.

So is the gameplay worth a pirate or..? I've been craving a singleplayer RTS for a while and Dawn of War/Company of Heroes are 2big for me to bother downloading at the moment

it's very challenging actually. Ignore the retards ITT

How? The game is made by the original creators and it shows.

Also you definitely need to download company of heroes or men of war. Great games.

it's a prequel and if you read the lore you'd know that's exactly how the game should play. Space is inherently not a part of the world.

god you fuckers are dumb

It was never supposed to be a sequel

The AI is inherently broken.

I can tell all of you retards jumped in when the remastered version came out.

Also the gameplay is solid, but it ain't worth $50 since they made DLC. I'll buy it when it's on sale

sage because the thread is doomed

Well no, if anything it's a huge service to them.

Thank you based Mark, Savior of Holla Forums, for allowing this thread.

you dont hate this thread?

I love every thread that our based savior allows on this board, the only truly free place left on the internet to discuss vidya.

I heard the AI was shit in skirmish. Did they ever fix that? I'm not a huge online RTS player

I'll probably get it on a sale if they didn't. I've been hearing about this game for a while (in vague NDA -friendly terms) because a friend of mine used to be on the dev team. Kinda wanna see how it turned out

ITT: an user pirates a game, has fun and asks why people didn't.
He is immediatly labeled a retard and a chill by people that didn't even bother to RTFM of the first game.

And half the reason people hate the game isn't even about the game, it's because of Gearbox.
A quick google search would point out what already knows.

Goddamn, that "no-age restriction" is really starting to show on the userbase of this place.

OP: it's fun, keeps some of the mechanics from HW2 and adds a few new one's.
Increased radio chatter is good, yeah.
Be warned though, skirmish AI, like players pointed here is dogshit. Shouldn't be a problem if you haven't played many RTS, but you won't find a challenge there.

It's good for a playthrough and few skirmishes for fun though.

haven't heard any of it. what I have heard it all "solid but not great"
I'll give it a try when I have the time for it.

thanks user

>this game will never exist
its a shit game not worth a pirate

This might be the most retarded post I've seen today.

oh right cause that was a useful and popular feature

are you retarded or something? why are rts anons on Holla Forums mentally challenged?

Yeah I can't even begin to imagine why people didn't like it.

I thought it was bit much asked from us to accept that before Karan S'jet Rachel S'jet was involved in finding the Jaraci Object.

That's like saying crash team racing is shit for not being "traditional 3d platforming"

Why does a game being well-known for something dissuade exploration of the established lore you idiot? It is what it is, and Hiigarans did not have space flight in the age of reason. It's like you think prequels are out of bounds. You want them to force in sand cruisers just so it can be 3D? Are you some sort of child? Did you even read the Homeworld 1 manual?

Most people I know incIuding myself were stoked that they finally got to see piece of pre-scaffold lore and how they fought and survived, and since it's from the original creators it's legit

Why are you such a whiny faggot, the original devs created most of the game before that even happened.

Why? The S'Jet Kiith were the scientific Kiith and no one would have found it except them.

It's like C&C Generals in that it's a decent RTS game, you might even call it good, but it's not a real C&C game.
The only reason we look back so fondly on Generals is that it was a solid RTS game that was going to be followed up by the complete rape of the C&C franchise and that made it look better in hindsight. I hope that doesn't come to pass here.

It's a homeworld game through and through, but the lore during the Age of Reason where the game takes place is simply not in space so it's on the ground. Since the planet is 80% desert they were able to practically build and have use for sand carriers and such.

fuck Gearbox

That's the only reason this game gets shit on. Gonna go ahead and try this game out myself.

said the faggot willing to buy this shit game.

Yeah it's pretty confusing. It's not like the industry has a record of digging up old IPs to butcher for brand recognition so it's a pretty isolated incident. I never see people bring up Homeworld in RTS discussions and praise it for it's neat space mechanics or anything either, I liked being able to select multiple units at once and that's still in so im happy. All these people angry about it are just idiotic children who want a sequel that builds upon it's well known mechanics instead of stripping them away to be a generic land RTS so they can focus on the lore. I can't believe they can be so entitled myself, IT'S 2016 PEOPLE!!!

By the way have you had your pay yet? Mine hasn't arrived and they haven't given me a hard date yet.

you sneaky faggot.

So either you never played Homeworld 2, are a retard, or some major DLC is coming out and they let the shills out of their cage again.

It's slow as fuck, which makes it painful as hell to play because I can get up go get fucking lunch by the time it takes a unit to move across the map.

Probably the problem, honestly. Homeworld 2 was definitely the best Homeworld game, and it was mediocre at absolute best. 1 was fucking awful. I really don't understand the praise that Homeworld gets. I just assume it's nostalgiafags.

i respect your shit opinion, but why didnt you like it?

They're not gonna pay you til you shill their mobafps some more.

Same reason I don't like Deserts of Kharak. It's SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I was falling asleep because of how often you had to just sit there and wait and wait and wait for things to happen. Especially with having to mine out the resources in a system before moving onto the next one. I remember one where I literally took a shower and ate dinner while I had 2 harvesters with a dropoff ship mining out all the resources in the map. At least 2 auto-mined everything when you warped away. The plot is also beyond horrendous and I can't help but laugh that the portraits in the dialogue windows is just a closeup of the ships.

Having to savescum so you don't lose too many ships and completely fuck yourself later on so hard that you have to restart isn't fun. Nor is having to do the tedious bullshit that is capturing ships. The whole 3D plane thing might have been neat for its time, but the gameplay is NOT good.

This isn't gameplay. Lore is useless to me went the gameplay is wank.

You'll hate Dwarf Fort, DCS, most RTS games, GSGs, and anything else not fast-paced

Ok m8, I respect your right to have awful taste

Why are there so many little kids here now?

I don't, actually. Because in those you're actually thinking when you're not actively playing. Homeworld is slow because you literally just sit there and wait. You aren't thinking. You aren't planning. You're just staring at the screen and waiting 10 years for some ships to move. It's like a fucking job.

That's your defense for not liking a plot that sounds like it was written by a 12 year old?

Bro you're supposed to be thinking of stragtigems for overwhelming, flanking, or encircling your opponent in Homeworld while the units move. all RTS requires thinking, if they didn't normalfags would play them

In what way does it sound like it was written by a child? If is emotional and has many allegories, metaphors, and mores shown throughout the story. The voice acting is top-notch and makes you feel urgency.

You have a very unpopular opinion here so don't expect anyone else to agree with you

have you tried to get a therapy for your add?

Too bad I don't have to because it's an incredibly simple game and it takes me like 2 seconds to see exactly what I need to do, which leaves the other 9 minutes 58 seconds for me to say to myself "any day now any day now any day now any day now any day now".

I have never in my life played another RTS where you actually have to just sit there and stare at a screen with NOTHING at all to do. You don't think about what you need to tech into, you don't need to think about what your opponent is doing and how you should counter it, you don't need to think about how to manage your resources, or what part of the map you need to fight over. You just put everything in one big group and steamroll because it's a game made for 12 year olds. You're not even navigating menus, reading anything, or looking around like you would be in roguelikes. You're just watching a whole lot of nothing.

You're being ironic, right? Because no, it doesn't have any of this shit. The entire plot is just "things happen because lol they do". That entire section with that "holy" space or whatever was so forced like a kid trying to sound dramatic that it was just comical. It was on par with the kind of stories my friends and I made up on the spot when we were like 10.

PLEASE tell me you're being ironic.

Thank you based Mark, Savior of Holla Forums, for continuing to allow us to have this thread.

git gud
its not necesary to capture shit, if its not on the mission objective
nigga you crazy, its fun to attack the enemy from all directions.
you can shit on the story, its not that important if the game is still fun.
Never felt the game to be slow.

Don't try to pretend that's not exactly how the game works.

lolno. The 3D movement is nothing more than a worthless gimmick.

It's incredibly boring and pointless. There is literally zero incentive to do so, since just grouping up and steamrolling works 100% of the time. Waiting 10 years for ships to actually move into a position where they can take advantage of attacking from different directions is torture. I already wanted the game to be over, so why the hell would I do something that would make it take EVEN LONGER?

Maybe you should play it again, then.

Wow, what a great thing, I really truly do give a fuck even though I can just kill them from the front just as easily and much quicker!

We're starving for new RTSses so if this is a new Dune 2000, then I'm willing to at least give a try.

It's not, it's really not.

user, stop acting retarded.

pirate it, user, odds are you will hate it.

What a great argument.