Black bars/borders in movies

Guys, what the fuck is up with those black bars or whatever those things are called in movies? I attached a webm, in the fight scene outside there are no black bars, but once they go inside there are those black bars. Is that shit supposed to look good? Because I think it looks stupid, it looks like someone cut two different movies together. Why are they doing this bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder: Always purchase the "Full Screen" version of a movie. Idiots who pay to watch black bars are cancer.

I don't want you to spoonfeed me anything, just tell me if you like this bullshit. If you like it, you are in my opinion a total retard. If you don't like it then whatever the intended purpose was, it failed.

didn't even know this was a thing, but I doubt a full screen version of every movie ever made exists. I mean, I pirated a few versions of tdkr and they all had this black bars.

Just chop off the sides and stretch the image yourself, brainlet.

works with most normal old dvds for me. just avoid widescreen and you're good.

Nigger, how the fuck will that help? I don't want stretched or upscaled videos.

You mean "colored" bars.
Jokes aside, the outdoor scene was shot in IMAX and the interior in cinemascope.

Many of the scenes in The Dark Knight Rises were filmed with IMAX cameras which are cropped to 1.78 on the blu-ray, in an IMAX theater they were displayed at 1.43. Standard anamorphic 35mm filmed scenes appear at 2.39 aspect ratio with the black bars, which makes up the bulk of the film. Yes, he could have cropped the IMAX frames further to match the 2.39 shown in the wide theaterical distribution outside of IMAX screens.

He likes paying for darkness.

There's your fucking problem pleb. Nolan thinks hes some kind of top shit for switching formats because it makes the scenes look better in whatever format he wants, when you're correct in this switching the formats during the film is fucking shit and he makes shit movies

Tip. Top. Pleb.

Are you talking about your Holla Forums or Christopher Nolan?

It could be done properly but the way he cuts his films and the footage it just looks like shit. Like that fight between bane and batman needed to be in imax so badly, literally the worst choreography ive ever seen

hooktube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

i always assumed the full screen edition of the DVD -bR had the original imax footage cropped to 2:39 and cropped another time to 4:3
would have been nice if they used the open matte footage a la shining VHS

Why not edit it all too one aspect ratio?

I think it's pretentious as fuck when any director does this in anything, whether it's a movie or television show.

Afro-American bars.

I went to one of those once. there was a cute bartender who made me an appletini even though it wasn't on the list.

She wanted you to drill her oil.

She wanted to drill the wallet for tips. Everyone knows niggers don't tip.

I did give her a tip, if you know what I mean

20% of the bill?

yes ;_;

well it's not like I would have gotten a drink for free

Also
Were you on your period?

I'm sure you will be a cute trap once your hormone therapy really kicks in.

try a Southside instead ya poofter.

=just want to let you goons know just because you're above Holla Forums now does not mean you will be for long!==

Trying to instigate something between Holla Forums and Holla Forums won't work. You do this every few months but people remember.

just go back to Holla Forums already, it's not Holla Forums's fault your board sucks

shut up, goon

slow night, hijinx?

listen I archive all threads on Holla Forums and Holla Forums and know exactly who you are, you are not fooling everyone, Holla Forums is our sister board and very important to Holla Forums, and you should stop harassing them immediately

truly Holla Forums is plebbit and tumblr combined

shut up, goon

BUMPAING