Best Holla Forumstember Media?

Show me your best Holla Forumstember classics:

>youtube.com/watch?v=TiI8uAvwa3s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ePFNxu3ptc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fixed link: youtube.com/watch?v=9ePFNxu3ptc

what am i forgetting?

What's the name of that special about the kids who learn about Halloween traditions while searching for their dying friend's soul with some magic guy voiced by Leonard Nimoy?

Ive been listening to a lot of Voltaire lately.

Halloween Tree

Is that the one where they each trade a year of their lifespan to save him in the end?

The Rat Movies
Lonesome Ghosts
Duck Pimples

Get on my level.

Beautiful films, wonderful atmosphere, and great writing.

That's it.

Yeah.

It was descent not amazing.

It was a wonderful movie. Not nearly as good as Coraline but that's asking a lot. Plus, adorable sad ghost loli.

I wish they had chosen a different ending and nothing was done with the ghosts other than they were just there. I wish the zombies had never shown up and the witch had instead used ghost pirates like those from The Mist. They obviously wouldn't murder anyone on screen as Paranorman is still a kid movie at its core. The ending they chose was pretty cringey to me.

Coraline was great and I did liked Corpse Bride too. Nightmare is still a classic.

Every episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark would work. I especially remember the one where the red skeleton ghost from the old school swimming pool haunts the school. It was so interesting to my younger self to think that there might be hidden rooms on campus somewhere.

That swimming pool episode scared the shit out of me as a kid. Good stuff.

I really liked the angry beavers halloween specials.

Trick or treat - Donald duck
The adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

Gotta ask but I want to do a Halloween story time for spooky stories does anyone know any good stories or series? I think Spook house would be fun tho.

The Sandman issues 1-7. Or at least issue 6.

It was way too ambitious for its own good
and you get the feeling everything was written for the twist, the movie before that point was pretty mediocre compared to coraline

Monster House is really underrated
I can't think of a kids animated movie since that had the same kind of "edge" to it, not just the content but in how it looks visually. Everything feels so safe and bland now.

also, redhead loli is a plus

Just came in this thread to post it. Very good shit. To add some more I like to say Over the Garden Wall has become required October watching for me, I love that little series.

Its more of a November thing.

Get yourself some REAL horror.

Do the Classics Illustrated version of Edgar Allan Poe's poetry, illustrated by Gahan Wilson!

Did anyone read the papercutz reboot?
I remember thinking it was pretty cool.
It basically splits the difference between the cartoon and the TV show in terms of darkness/content, so it's like PG rated. There's still some dark shit and bad endings you wouldn't show in a kids show but it's not gory or sex-filled.
Plus you get the original hosts (cryptkeeper, vaultkeeper, old witch) drawn just like the EC comics, which is a nice throwback.

Over the Garden Wall

Holla Forumstember officially begins.

Every year!

Regarding comics, I highly, HIGHLY recommend "HP Lovecraft - From Beyond and other Tales". It's fascinating.

It kind of reminds me of a movie they might've made in the 80s or early 90s. Something that could scare the shit out of younger kids but is tame by horror movie standards.

a damn classy one. Saw a couple scenes at a doctor's office and just had to see the whole thing

Someone should story time.

I forgot this existed.

You mean explain what the comic's about?

No. Storytime.

anyone knows that cartoon were some kids are trick or treating and enter a spooky house and some ghost/spirit guy takes then for a ride all over the world to talk about different celebrations in October?

The Halloween Tree.

oh shit nigga, thats the one!

Samurai Jack was the best cartoon this year

It's one of those ones I think most people have seen but wouldn't remember the name of off the top of their heads. Which is a shame, cause it's a good special.

yeah, good comparison. but you still had people complaining it was too dark for kids

good taste.
But my doctor never had a tv, wtf