BUILD A WALL edition

Spicy Spokes Serf Slayers, TR Emerald
Completely open to join at will.

Gas the Vanu

Other urls found in this thread:

stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/outfit/SOLx
planetside-universe.com/server_status.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ill be on in the outfit later, I'm sick of being NC and losing EVERY FUCKING TIME

Cycler T1B is gods gift to terran medics

It's like you hate being the designated underdog good guys.

Nah its actually kinda fun struggling against the odds, especially when you're in a good platoon

But so far the TR weapons just feel so much better

Oh well.

Interested, but worried performance is still shit on AMD.

HD7770 here works on my machineTM

Why is every game ever made by SOE a steaming pile of dogshit that doesn't even work if you aren't lucky?

I meant CPU. My video card is great.

AMD CPU here, works fine for me as well.

Huh. Alright then, I'll give it a shot when I get home from work tonight. Thanks friend.

Stopped playing a year ago.
Looks like a lot has changed

Also, 3rd Terran Reich masterrace

The fuck do I build a wall?

Well I have 300 ping anyway so it's okay

I am returning

The game will not be the same without Buzzcut and the Enclave, but I'm ready to gas some vanu with my Holla Forums brothers

I'll be on later

I have a completely certed out Prowler that needs gunning but if you guys are going to be meme-loving fucks I'll stay away.

But the game runs like shit.

I don't understand any of this, I'm assuming that

[Display]Mode=WindowedFullscreenMode=FullscreenFullscreenRefresh=0FullscreenWidth=800FullscreenHeight=600WindowedWidth=800WindowedHeight=600Maximized=0RenderQuality=0.500000[Rendering]OverallQuality=5GraphicsQuality=1TextureQuality=1ShadowQuality=0LightingQuality=1EffectsQuality=1TerrainQuality=1FloraQuality=1ModelQuality=1RenderDistance=4000.000000Gamma=0.000000VerticalFOV=55ParticleLOD=0ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000FogShadowsEnable=0VSync=0AO=0MaximumFPS=250UseLod0a=1BloomEnabled=0MotionBlur=0

I get not everyone has widescreen but come on, at least do 1024x768, this isn't 2001 anymore

interesting, how many of you guys have really shit computers like op? i would have thought ppl on here would invest a bit

Have you forgotten that everything post 2007 is shit so all you need is a toaster?

assuming you run wangblows and you havent fucked windows firewall in the ass already then make sure its not blocking ps2 as it actually will kill your performance

also apparently max settings can create WorksOnMyMachine miracles for toasters

answer the question dummy

so is the game at least comparably fun with PS1 now?

Last gen double jew mid range here so half decent I guess. Remember that some guys here play mostly on console and may not have a dedicated gaming rig up to date.

Nigger that would have been acceptable last gen but if you are playing consoles from this gen you are a massive fucking faggot.

Wasn't talking about console gen, gtx760 + i5 4670k. Don't own a console.

So do I just put this in notepad and .ini it?

Feels good man.

Yeah I saw that warning but the game crashed when I tried to change it and it didn't save that setting.

Launch the PS2 launcher, click the wrench, open game directory, search for "user" and open the userconfig.ini file.

I'm using a $10 video card and the game ran flawlessly a few years ago.

Otherwise I'll have to wait a few months for (((someone))) to bring me an actual video card.

Thanks!

i still can't get over how fucking much the vanu trigger me. i spent all morning fighting NC and we had some great, fair battles that went pretty back and forth, and i never felt that it was unfair

fast-forward to fighting off a vanu invasion and they're just instakilling me through solid cover, i'm getting my shots on them as fast as possible and as accurately as they are and they just fart out a stream of laser-accuracy SMG rounds at the speed of light and destroy you, and they seem to take even more hits to kill. it's fuckin bullshit and every single time it's why I close the game, they're just so not fun to fight

I was referring to

Something magical about being a medic with a battle rifle perched up with two infiltrators picking off unsuspecting troops defending their base from our counter attack. Of course sneaky snakes in the grass Vanu show up just as we penetrate TR defenses and in the process of nigging things up it gave the TR time to regroup and kick us both back

Played this for a while when it first came out. Is it still as boring as it was then?

Also

Did something drastically change in the last few months balance-wise?

I just jumped back in and I can't kill jack shit.
Tried TR heavy with several different weapons - like I'm shooting with nerf guns.
Meanwhile a NC heavy keep headshotting me from half a map away, while I can't even hit him with the most accurate TR heavy gun

Game has no anti-cheat. Only people who are doing really obvious shit like flying across the map on-foot or teleporting through walls get b&. Also if you're a whale you're immune to b& entirely because the BRs sure as hell won't spend a single real on the game.

Please tell me that wall is around the Vanu Warp Gate?

Time to farm shitty uncerted MBTs by the dozens

Nigga, I'm running it on a GTX 240 and it works like a charm

Ah this game is exactly as I remembered it:

Full of Vaanu outnumbering everything 51000 to 1 and believing it's superior battle tactics.

Ya'll niggas won't even touch my Hellfire Mosquito

Please don't get on my level.

Damn, and I thought I needed an upgrade.

OH BABY

Just a curious question, is it possible to build a base directly outside say the Vanu Warpgate?

If you're brave enough.

Fuck I might reinstall just to see if it's possible.

Only through the elimination of Vanu can we achieve world peace.

Is there an 8/v/ US West outfit?

Currently at Hossin on Emerald. Building a big beautiful powerful wall.

>Somewhat playable, human eye can't see past 24 fps :^)

I remember playing the game maybe a year or two ago and once I upgraded my Nvidia drivers the game suddenly couldn't break 15 FPS. I gave up about a month later because they still hadn't patched support for the new driver and I wasn't going to downgrade just for one game.

Come ooooon, I wanna try this shit out already.

That sneaky shit got nearly no certs, but man if it wasn't fun as fuck.

welp that was pretty great guys

good job

Good job tonight boys

Haven't played this in years. I miss running harasser squads. stopped playing because of the massive hitching problems that appeared after some patches.

does it run better than it did a few years ago? might have to reinstall.

b-but i'm already in an outfit
stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/outfit/SOLx

is there anything I need to know before playing this shit?

best weapon for each class?
deadweight certs?

for TR, default is pretty much fine except for on engie/LA, the TRAC-5 kinda sucks. Don't bother sniping, the semi-auto is worthless. Medic and HA will be fine though, and the TRAC-5 isn't the worst gun, so if your aim is good you can overcome the nasty side-to-side recoil. Personally I'd reccomend maxing out the medigun or repair tool since they're great cert farmers and the last rank really matters. Get nanoweave armor up to the second to last rank too, its cheap and will really help you against mediocre players who can't chain headshots.

Are we going to have air/tank divisions or what?

Also is LA any good for a starter? I love me some jetpacks.

Performance seems to have increased a bit, since I was playing on power saving mode and on medium quality and it wasn't too bad. Haven't got into a fight though, will play later today

same problem, does anyone have a solution that doesn't take hours or should i just uninstall?

have you tried running the game in compatibility mode?
you can also try to delete the planetside2.exe file and let the launcher download that again

When I hit launch the game wont actually boot for a good ten seconds atleast
im sure you are actually waiting in vain however, try windows firewall and
if win

I don't recall anything like this before. Not to this level.

Both of us were standing still. I kneel, aim and fire my whole clip (with the most accurate TR heavy gun, with forward grip and scope). Nothing.
He fires just 2-3 bullets. Dead.

Looks like I'll have to make a character on Emerald.

Outfit name?
You on Emerald of Connery?

the wall was glorius, shame I had to ge before we went on the offensive against NC

Spicy Spokes Serf Slayers

Did I miss something or did they [un]patch it into a good game again?

that would be the smart assumption so it's wrong

if you turn graphics settings down too far it starts offloading work from the gpu to the cpu and ps2 is already hitting your cpu as hard as it can handle so everything goes to shit

i posted my settings last thread

also turning down your fov what the fuck are you doing

finally got 1,000 certs. Medic class is probably most fun because you get decent starting guns unlike Engi, I find the Cycler better for sheer DPS and its got a better sound. Medic I've also found universally more useful than Engi. Half the time Engis end up dead because they're killed by or because of the people they repair. You get a few decent Maxes though and Engi by all means delivers. Medics are more useful for just generally keeping everyone alive.

Welcome to playing TR vs any other faction. You fire your whole clip most of which misses while they panic fire in your general direction and the few bullets that hit kill you. This is probably untrue but that's what it feels like most of the time, especially with the shitty starter guns that make any range beyond close a complete defeat.

Just started playing again and made a new character on Emerald. I played with some randoms last night and it was pretty fun so i've joined the outfit. Can someone give me a quick summary of the new base building mechanics? I'm not interested in building myself but is there anything I should know about it?

spent 1000 certs on upgrades. So apparently Medics can self heal + AOE heal as well as use a buff that makes them run faster. Was this always a thing? have I been playing PS2 like an idiot this entire time lol

if you're talking about adrenaline pump you're better off with flak armor or advanced shield battery or grenade bandolier in the long run

it's nice for how cheap it is though

for medic i'd say you want to put certs into your gun until it feels good, then meditool until level 3 or 4, then a few levels into the selfheal, then suit mods, then finish your meditool

I've dropped $200 or so on the game and have been allowed to shout racist epithets repeatedly with no ban.

Even my name is a fantastically obvious way of saying GAS THE KIKES.

All in all I'd say that's a plus.

medics are great, never seem to be enough of them or they're all shitters ignoring the dead body beside them
they're also fucking great for grinding out certs on as a revive grants you 75 XP
now, engineers are needed too of course but there always seem to be too many everywhere, and anywhere there is a bunch of people laying down fire you'll see 5-6 ammo packs

you sure you're not thinking of the light assault adrenaline perk?

Medics get it as well. Its awesome.

PorkJustice here, joined the outfit, no idea what i'm doing really, played awhile ago around the time it first came out and got bored. Seems to run a bit better. Spent my time reviving people as the Blue Tide washed across us and the sneaky Purples took Amerish, which i'm assuming is where the Blue Tide came from.

I learned two things, how to put stuff on my guns and that I'm not a good driver in any vehicle. Will play more later. Good Night.

What do you all think about better guns for medics? I'm trying to decide now between the Cycler TRV and the TAR but they both feel the same in VR training.

Do the guns in this game have the same kind of shit STALKER does where bullets dissapear after being fired? Everything is so innacurate and I swear it's not me.

lol just unlocked res grenades. Going for C4 next.

Medics OP much.

I've been racking kills like crazy with that shotty

If you're running the game through Steam, try not doing that. Go to the launcher in the steamapp folders and run it directly from there instead of opening it via Steam.

I fucking hate this game sometimes, it's filled with shitters that just camp inside or just outside the spawnroom instead of just swarming the capture point

I can only handle this game in small 1-2 hour doses

I'm on connery. Is every server filled with slanty eyed chink faggots or is it just this one?

well, shit. I could have sworn there were more.

connery is full of them
playing on memerald now, the nickname should be an indicator of the population
this faggot vanu breaks it down pretty well

I think NC is either outnumbered or just plain retarded. I was playing them this morning and mowing down TR like weeds, but no matter how well I did we ALWAYS lost the objective.
I haven't seen a trace of VS though

Well, played for a little bit yesterday, got bored and logged off. Decide to try it again and my accounts been banned. What a great game…

Are there any must read guides for this game? Do you need to play in a squad to have fun?

you probably picked a politicaly incorrect name like a faggot
the game has many flaws but you don't get banned for doing nothing

already tried this

and this

and this
and all the other fucking solutions given on various websites

Honestly fuck this game and fuck SOE/Daybreak. This shit was a problem when I tried playing the game two years ago on a different PC, and it's still a problem now. I'm not dealing with this shit, especially not for some F2P garbage everybody is gonna drop again in a month.

Does anyone play this for ps4? You can rack up kills in no time because of the lower skilled players you're facing on console.

Granted it's no where near as good as the PC version, but I was just curious if any anons play on ps4 so we could team up and have fun times together

I'm on the EU server, Cerbeus i think it's called.

Performance is still trash for me. I'll pass.

have you erased your old graphics drivers when installing new ones?
like gone and booted your PC in safemode and removed them using a program to completely erase them, like Display Driver Uninstaller
I had problems sometime after the release of PS2 when I switched to an ATI card from Nvidia and the old Nvidia drivers wasn't completely removed with their uninstaller
might be the ghost of an old driver fucking with your system
the game isn't that fun unless you roll around with competent people instead of clueless randoms just doing their own thing, so I for one don't blame you

Already did that shit too. I did everything I could to fix it and it just refuses to launch. The game wasn't even fun the one time I got it to work 3 years ago anyway.

open up taskmanager/processes
make sure the fucker isn't already running in there

I didn't, but if the games infested with faggots like you then fuck this shit

Is the game worth coming back to for this?

not me user, the whiny fucks that report you for being offensive and hurting their feefees

not really. try each class to learn what it can do - engineers can plant mines or repair stuff, infiltrators can hack terminals etc - and be prepared to lose until you know how to win.
yes. the most fun part of this game is when you get in with a platoon who's communicating and is working together and you're just steamrolling. last night I joined up with a tryhard platoon and we chased the NC through like six map squares, and it was glorious - whenever they'd dig in and bog us down, like magic our galaxies and liberators would show up, pound them into submission from the sky, and we'd move on. playing solo you'll literally never accomplish anything, unless you like being a minor annoyance as an infiltrator by sneaking way, way behind enemy lines and sabotaging their terminals or something

Wait, why are you guys playing this game?

I thought it was shit.

did it update with something good?

Pic related is you.

the construction update revived the playerbase, so now along with the redditors, goons, whales and nolifers there are normal people playing again

the shooting and vehicles and actual makeup of PS2 have always been at least okay, or at the very least not bad, and the only thing i've really had against it is the playerbase being cancerous faggots and the vanu being overpowered. the faggotry has been diluted and the vanu are still overpowered but what are you gonna do aside from grind them under your tank treads

Rude.

I really hate the fact that you need more than half a magazine to kill anyone.

And weapons designs are ugly and too big.

I really want to continue playing this game but gunplay is so fucking underwhelming.

When do we fuck shit up?

I know what you mean. It feels like I can die if i'm shot for more than a second while it takes me two straight seconds of hitting someone to kill them. I suck at the actual gunplay but I enjoy the zerg and supporting as a medic or engineer.

This is actually pretty correct

People with thick accents shouldn't make videos.

God bless whoever had the brilliant idea of putting shotguns for medics.

GOD BLESS WHOEVER HAD THE BRILLIANT IDEA OF PUTING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUNS FOR MEDICS

They previously had the best infantry because of a single gun (Orion) that finally got a long-overdue nerf. The effect has been pretty noticable, with their population all but cratering and tryhards feeling for greener pastures.

On the bright side, I can finally play my VS char.

All infantry need more bullet resistance and speed. I hate playing as infantry in this game because you're too slow and squishy to do anything.

I still get fucking shredded by the orion all the time its still hitscan at Ebin distances

jet-packs and force feilds exist in this universe.

why don't infantry have jetpacks and forward-facing bullet shields?

Light assault

Heavy assault

Doctrinal restriction and portability or expense, respectively. Jetpack infantry are skirmishers who have to lighten their load, so presumably anyone wearing even a bit more armor than them is going to be too restricted to steer properly. Hardlight shields rather than all-around fields are only found on the NC Max if I remember right, so they can't be minimized further than that.

well honestly you need a properly formed squad, you shouldn't be sending a max out without an engi repairing him and a medic healing the engi.

I've always had the most fun playing medic though, with impossible last stands and lots of res grenades.

my old vanu character is on connery, I'm thinking of moving to emerald to play TR with you guys but I really don't want to have to grind out 40 levels of certs again.

oh wow they finally added construction? are there supply lines and stuff? I should probably look that up before I reinstall

He's cool and all but when it's Planetside time it's head to head.

Tell your friend he's a purple faggot.

What the fuck happened to optimization?

If you're within artillery range then they'll just blast you from behind their big purple gay shield.

You need to squad it up, nig. You get more XP from squad interactions and if you're on mics, using strategy etc you can follow strike teams as medic/engineer support.

Buy revive grenades and git gud at throwing them. Invest certs into having more than 1 nade. A closed space with squad that gets hit by explosions is primed for a revive nade.

Use your medic AOE heal after your or other medics have revived someone to speed up their heal. Change the AOE heal to the shield regenerate.

As an engineer, go try some aircraft. If you git gud enough to at least do some hit and runs you can repair your aircraft behind friendly lines or in hills for cover.

I only go heavy for ground-to-air missiles when we have no friendlies in the sky.

If you find there's too many medics then start providing them cover. Just because you're a medic/engineer or whatever doesn't mean you can't shoot shit and in general you always should be returning fire before you start picking people up or the area is not secure and they'll just get insta killed again along with you soon after. If you can take out some hostiles and then revive people who fell during the skirmish you're making a huge change on the battlefield and getting quite a bit of XP. I got invited to clans for this kind of behaviour along with some light mic usage in open squads.

this game is murder on hardware, i'm pretty sure the servers are 4 tic

Mah nigga.
Were you playing heavy assault? Because that really seems like the only time the recoil is noticeable, in my opinion. And I haven't been in very many skirmishes with the VS, but yeah, I noticed those fuckers will drop you quick. Reading through this thread really makes me feel better about the time I took potshots at VS with a sniper rifle while they were trying to take a nearby TR base. God damn do I love the feel of getting long-distance headshots with something that isn't hitscan.

i forgot how fucking silly the carv is

is there any reason to use anything other than default rifles? are any weapons in the game actually better than others or just sidegrades?

they're generally sidegrades. different best ranges, different handling. all factions have a few best guns and a few bad guns but the starting guns are all in the upper crust except the starting VS and TR snipers are pretty ass.

put your certs into class stuff until you get tired of the gun you're using then try out a few others in VR and see what you like.

I had the opposite experience
>He won't do TR because he is a faggot thinks they are the overpowered faction people flock to because they don't have to aim due to having lots of bullets
I don't know if the NC get extra armour as well but their guns felt much better and I like the idea of slow buy heavy weaponry more even though I like TR better as a faction.
I agree the Vanu are scum who don't need to worry about downsides though.

Finally see the point of construction.
Would be amazing if they just uncapped it and let everyone buy it with certs.

Imagine how epic this game could be if there were massive forts spread out like trenches. I don't think there are enough player bases on most maps, and most of the bases are usually sub 50 efficiency.

It will be good when they finally get desperate and let us buy-in with certs. It sucks that all we can do is buy turrets with certs. Straight Up I would be putting all my certs into building the wall to keep the greasy VS out.

No that would suck. If you could buy it with the same resource you use to get vehicles or MAXes then that would be more acceptable.

Certs are used to unlock the items not build them, You still need that ore shit in order to build them. Can't construct without ANTS. The BR5000 fags will be able to obviously unlock everything, but its still resource dependent.

The issue is having construction as a paywall feature. Its shit when the buildings require a separate resource anyway.

Ah sorry, I haven't used any of the building stuff yet and thought you meant they should be able to pay however many certs to instantly construct an item.

yeah, its confusing, but yeah they've locked all the cool shit behind paywall. All the freebs get is turrets. Which is shit because you still need resources anyway. What it basically means is if you pool resources you can make a big base together, if you end up being a selfish twat then you have a thousand small shitty bases and no means to defend them. Naturally if they did this they'd have to make ores more plentiful because everyone will be mining like crazy.

I feel like there just aren't enough opportunities to mine.. it feels like a side feature when realistically it should be a main one (taking out Eco in an RTS for example).

I think about Arma and how it did construction, trust me, what I'm suggesting is a good thing. Go play a CTI map and see how awesome construction is. You can build YUGE walls, concrete walls.

you can buy everything in the construction kit with certs, it's just fucking expensive as hell to compensate for the nolifers that have played this game every day for 3 years
and to construct them you just fucking use cortium instead of being a fucking goy and throwing your money away, you only need to fill like 3 or maybe 4 ants to have a big base

ah my mistake. When I opened it the other day those cert icons weren't there in the store. So they're 1,000-1,500 certs each. Well I'm wrong.. so yeah nevermind.

Thats because they are.

Calculate the DPS on all the guns They own the highest number of top tier DPS gun types in the game and most importantly The TR Assault rifle is the best gun in the game overall

TAR and Cycler have similar roles (CQC spray and pray), but are slightly different in how they work. TAR's better hipfire and .75 ADS speed means that you're probably going to move faster in combat (since you'll be hipfiring more and when you ADS you'll move faster than the TRV), but the TRV has slightly better dps and slightly better recoil (TRV actually has some of the highest dps of any infantry primary in the game).

The default T1 Cycler is honestly one of the best ARs in the game. It's fine in close quarters and you can take it at basically any given range the game will throw at you short of sniper-rifle tier ranges and expect a reasonable amount of success with it.

T1B is like the T1 Cycler if you gave the T1 Cycler fuckall for recoil in exchange for only having a burstfire mode. It's honestly disgustingly overpowered if you even bother to aim for the head with it because chaining headshots is the easiest thing in the world with it.

NC guns are actually the strongest if you can aim well, generally. While most guns on other factions do 143 damage or less, NC guns usually do 167 or more. This means that it takes 3 headshots to kill with a 167 damage gun where it would take 4 for a 143 damage gun, giving you the edge in TTK in most close quarters situations provided you can chain those headshots. Generally, the higher damage of NC weapons also lends them to having slightly higher effective ranges than other factions, provided you can control the recoil and burst properly.

That being said, when you're at the point where your aim can reliably chain headshots on people in close quarters (20 meters or less) situations, you're going to reliably drop 90% of the game's population in a 1v1 regardless, so it's a bit of a moot point.

Notice how this user doesnt specify which weapon(s) hes talking about. The DPS of the majority of NC's weapons are significantly less than that of the TR's. In almost EVERY instance depending ofc on weapon type

It's not a matter of dps, it's a matter of TTK. Oftentimes when you're fighting TR, you'll be dealing with something like 750 rpm, 143 damage. That's the rpm of all the default weapons for TR, it's the rpm of the MSW-R (which is a fairly common TR LMG), and also the jaguar (which is typically thought of as TR's "best" carbine)

Assuming bullets hit the target instantly (and at the ranges where you're concerned about dps, they pretty much do), firing all bodyshots takes seven rounds, and since the first round is the round that actually "starts" the ttk, it doesn't really count towards it, so you get 6 rounds/12.5 rpm=.48 seconds for the ttk.

With the NC, let's say your average NC gun that you'll see does 600/167. That's what the LA1 Anchor, NC1 Gauss Rifle, and the Mercenary all do. Two of those are the defaults, and the Anchor is second only to the Gauss SAW in how often it's used, and that's only because the SAW is the default weapon. Firing all bodyshots takes six rounds, and doing the same calculations we did with 750/143, we get 5 rounds/10 rpm=.50 ttk.

However, when we take headshots into account, things change a bit. Now we need 4 shots from the 750/143 gun, and 3 from the 600/167 gun, since headshots do 2x damage. Now our calculations look like 3 rounds/12.5 rpm=.24 seconds for the 750/143 gun, and 2 rounds/10 rpm=.20 seconds for the 600/167 gun, thus giving it the edge in ttk when accounting for all headshots.

Obviously, there are plenty more damage models than just 750/143 and 600/167, but I picked those two as those two damage models are the ones you're going to find most often on their specific factions. Obviously, there are plenty more guns to be tested, and the TR certainly have access to the highest dps infantry primary with the TRV (even though in CQC the VS Serpent and NC GD-7F match it), but this is just an example used to illustrate the more general concept I'm getting at here: NC guns perform better if you can aim well with them, but they're more of a pain to aim well.

what NC clan should I join?

Alright boys, I'm convinced to reinstall this shit. What gun should I grab?

The outfit seems pretty dead, have we switched sides?
I swear if you scum have become vanu or NC

it's like 8.30 in the morning in burgerland user

Probably because most of the outfit are likely American. I don't know how many fellow Euros we have but I haven't been on much because my computers been getting too hot. I need to turn down my settings but everything looks like shit when I do so i'm just playing in small bursts.

Yeah I was playing heavy assault mostly. I like light assault too but they run out of bullets in about half a second.

Yeah I noticed that NC guns did more damage, but the tradeoff of damage for precision helped me more.

Give me good reasons(be it lore or equipment) to choose TR and I'll consider it.

It's also mothers day in Americuck land today. Alot of people aren't gonna be on until much later, if at all.

Wanna get some action going tonight though, need to cleanse some more Vanu filth off our world.

good goy

TR stands for Trump Republic :^)

Freedom to be a wageslave maybe.

There's no better goyim than the ones fighting for a globalist communist dictatorship.

you get to fight and die for the glorious Emperor

I want vanu to go away

I want vanu to be removed

someone

please

Pick one.

Don't buy to the propaganda, Vanu Sovereignty is the ultimate libertarian intellectual faction. NC is just a bunch of uneducated good goys getting tricked into fighting wars they don't understand, and Terran Republic is just a bunch of corrupt, visionless sociopaths who can't get their dicks hard without a big totalitarian government ramming it's socialist zealotry and violence-worshipping up their ass.

what is it with squad/platoon leaders feeling the need to use that annoying this-is-your-captain-speaking voice?

like for real. i played last night and joined an AOD platoon and the platoon lead was a literal teenager, scratchy voice and use of ebin memes and all. he kept saying things like "deploy to waypoint actual waypoint is actual" and in general was the most annoying voice there. and my squad leader was a grrrrl gamer who just kept repeating herself over and over (move your sundy. move your sundy. move your sundy. move your sundy) and kept literally screeching into the mic - and when I asked her to stop clogging the squad channel she got so bootyblasted that I just left

after that I joined another platoon that was actually getting shit done but that fucking plane-captain voice. "MMmmmm okay Alpha squad. Weeeeeee're…. gonna go take some bases on Indar. Pleaaaaaase, board the Galaxy and we're getting ready foooooooooorrr…. dustoff"

i'm not exactly autistic about my squad or platoon leads but jesus christ was i triggered. just talk like a goddamn person

Painfully accurate.

I have a maxed out Prowler and Vanguard and like the Vanguard more, but NC for some reason refuses to gun for it so I just end up playing TR. NC also seems to hate using the Vanguard at all.

Check 'Em just in case

Daily reminder to purge the xenos and destroy anarchistic commies.

this is my fetish

I got console as well as my toaster would melt if I tried to play it on it, trust me I tried. Alas Im stuck with the ps4 version as well.
TR and Cerberus? Ill pop up on my down time from danksouls

I was just about to ask if there was a harder point to capture than The Crown. This is a fucking nightmare.

well fuck Im us server only

you seem to only be able to handle meat robots without getting upset, so maybe you are?

I'd take the pilot dude over the guy talking too fucking loud into potato microphone any day, that way I can go on a nice little trip removing xenos or smurfs for glorious emperor
but maybe that's just me

At least you squad leadera don't have the thickest European accents.

"Alright pepl bord ze galaxi unt head to ze platoon waypoins."

"Lis'n ere m8, hed ovah to squad wepoint, wet for teh sundee and fok em up right proppa."

Half of the time im unsure what are they saying.

This to be honest fam

Yeah, but in this case it was a fat Scottish that I couldn't understand shit.

At least they're trying to speak English, unlike certain nationalities who will yell at you in French and get upset if you don't understand them.

Most likely frustrated that they can't speak to you in proper english

they can, they just prefer not to speak peasant

I wish Indar wasn't full, the other two zones are fully under control and the open area is vanu and NC double fucking TR into a corner of the map

I just got off and Indar aint doing too great either. We were having a good fight against the NC but ended up outnumbered so they were able to cut our frontlines off. I left as we went to fight the Vanu on the other side of the map but it looks like they were stomping when we got there.

that's just TR in general. they attract the wannabe military homos and the kids who aren't autistic enough for Arma, NC attracts mouthbreathers and alcoholics, VS attracts weebs, memelords, and autists. pick your poison or just play solo and disable voice chat

you haven't experienced the glory that is subterranean nanite analysis and khwatee mountain complex

NC is better then TR any day

Id love to play with you faglords but my toaster gets repeated aneurisms trying to run the game, it is literally unplayable for me since the game randomly freezes every 5 seconds for more than a second at a time ADDITIONALLY to the 16 FPS framerate.

How many people are in the outfit? Also, when do you guys usually play?

I'm considering getting back into the game, I dropped it mainly because I got bored of playing solo.

in your dreams best goy

EvE fleets are pretty autistic, but not even they're that fucking autistic.

There's actually a decent number of people. I honestly expected 10 people at best, but I think we've got 20-25ish.

And whenever I've logged on there was someone online doing something.

As I said last thread, I made a PS4 group for TR in the Murrican server, called "No Games And a Cripple" with the Tag PS30/O (always forget which of the two it is). It's set to auto-join, so come on in whenever you like and help TR stop the console Vanu menace with our own autism.

Seems pretty populated, just got done playing with a full platoon and autism'ing around indar against the VS. Outfit has a good number of players in it though.

Am a lvl 40 Vanu on Emerald, tried starting a new TR character but the grind is 2 real. Sorry if we must encounter each other.

You'll be the last do hang on when the space day of the rope comes.

Everyone is grinding.

smh tbh fam

NC tier

ackshually, if I'm remembering correctly, the infiltrator has less HP than other classes.

But it's maybe 200hp less at best

Man, feels REALLY fucking good to come back to the game with dense server population back. Dem massive battles and dakka are what kept me playing for years until rank 36 more or less.
>tfw I was still pretty good despite playing from South America with ~150 ping in a west coast server
It's pretty nostalgic.

I'm starting anew, any tips?

played this game last year, has it improved?

Are you retarded m9?

Is TR Emerald still shittily outnumbered and ganked on by NC and Vanu?

Last I played a year ago TR had a tiny pop and was constantly being DP'd by the NC and VS in every event.

I just wasted over 1000 certs on making my Mosquito as dakka as humanly possible, I mean, it has shit life and armor and, being a vaanu fag for the last few years, it's extremely hard to fly in comparison to the Sythe.

But I regret nothing, those fucking inferno missiles.

They've got 900, pretty sure. Since you can 1 shot them with a comish headshot, which is 450X2.

Is how I am enjoying this game. Just solo spawnhop around and shoot spacemens. Outfits tend to be just a hassle, unless you really want someone to chat with.

I didn't make that image.

TR has been the largest faction on emerald for months

they sometimes get dped but that's the nature of the game

master race

SPANDEX
PP
A A
N N
D D
E E
X X

God damnit.

NC always win BBZ

needs more ISIS flag.

This is a pretty good game

It's not a good game but god damn does it have its moments

They're an eyesore. They should've just been removed if they weren't going to be used, unlike the PS1 Vanguard

I can't do this shit. The interface when you're playing as anyone but NC basically works against you. We only picked TR because of dumb le zerg meme shit anyway. Get at me if you guys ever decide to play NC.

What does make a good game for you an0n?

m8 you can change the colors

yes and then there's the fucking squad colors which also have to be changed but then don't match the markers and if you change the facility colors everything gets FUCKED

oh yeah the squad colors threw me off, i had to start using teal for NC

i never had a problem with facility colors though

But why?

Don't forget

Oh, sweet. I forgot about this game. Used to play a bit of it as NC.
Too bad we lost every time.
I swear, they're weak as shit or something.
Still, feels nice to play the good guys.

NC might have their hearths in the right place but we sure are retarded.

I won't deny that purpleniggers need to die, but working for a bunch of bootlickers doesn't fly so well for me.

Plus, I like high-damage guns what take a lot more thought to use. People are so ready to dump on the trigger finger sometimes, it seems. A little burst or even semiauto fire feels so much better to me.

Well we can agree on something, blues are retarded.

I obviously meant NC has cozy fireplaces waiting in their proleshacks.

this exact fucking thing happened to me too, and i actually wanted to refund certs. had to alt-f4, when I came back my old platoon was full.

Come on, user, he's just got a bit of a lisp
It isn't his fault. It's all that free moonshine and freedom

smoke grenade launcher is fun

Anyone playing on EU servers? Are they populated?

I was playing with a slav leader last night, he was pretty amusing.

I was thinking about using the AMR-66 battle rifle instead of the default assault rifle for my medic seeing as I tend to stay at longer range. Any thoughts or is this a bad idea?

I got it this morning and player for a couple hours (Wake up at 4AM in Bong so it was still very busy on the American server). I like it. I use the 4x scope.

I'm shit and can never get many kills anyway and this doesn't change that, but I'm definitely getting a lot more hit markers than I used to so I like it.

Sure looks like an NC pic alright.

Encounters like this are the entire reason I like the game and still play it from time to time.

Yea, it's largely shit but goddamn when you find a good battle it's fucking awesome.

I set my colors to the proper at start - TR is red, NC is blue and Vanu is purple.

Vanguard looks better in PS2, but not sure about the Prowler

Is anyone on Holla Forums on Miller?

Alright after hearing about construction being added you fags have talked be into redownloading the game. After formerly being NC I'm willing to forsake everything to become a merc in it for the certs. It seems you guys are mostly TR, but on which server?

I set TR blue and everyone else fucking red.

I don't give a shit if it's spaceniggers or the commies, if it has red above it's head, it's all the same to me.

i'd join you faggots but im vanu and the game is too grindtastic to throw away even my meagre cert progress.

maybe you should stay typical nc

the n is for nigger

My sleep schedule has been fucked from working 12 hour overnight shifts in a warehouse, so excuse me for being exhausted and completely forgetting the OP after reading through the entire thread.

I'm killing kike puppets on Miller.

Which means every faction (team killing like a true NC hero).

Well at least you aren't Vanu.

Okay, so i made a char just to see what was up in emerald TR side and right away im amazed at how not completely fucking retarded everyone on mic is. Usually playing vanu you get a bunch of retarded manbabies who will cry about being "greifed" for hours and hours while we're trying to actually do something.

I gotta admit its tempting, but there's no way im giving up magriders.

unsure if others have this issue but my game up and crashes at anything above Low

Any TR on Miller?

I might make a 8/v/ group for TR on Miller, if anyone is interested.

Why all this server switching?
Just go TR on Emerald and play with everyone else.

Why would I play on a burger server where I get 70+ ping?

More people more fun?

What the almighty fuck is up with the flying in this game? Why did they decide to reinvent dogfighting

Pick one.

I'm EU and I have no lag.

I use it for target prioritization (kill Vanu first) and so I can know at a glance who is moving in from where. Useful in 3-way battles.

The funny thing is, that they nerfed already crown immensely over all those years.

Crown was 100 times harder to capture at release than now.

I shall be with you soon brothers!

yeah, it slows down a little bit later around BR15 unless you keep racking up the kills

jesus christ fucking finish your thoughts
but the first few battleranks is a fucking joke, I think the first kill nets you 1 battlerank alone

My first kill I think was a vanguard kill. Got up to rank 5 without even knowing.

huh, from memory a MBT is worth 500-ish XP
infantry is 100
600XP to go from 0 to BR5 seems a bit low, maybe you got a service ribbon or two for another 250XP each

Come back after four years and so far this game seems hugely pay2win now. Sucks because I remember how fun it was

how?

pay2convience not pay2win.
I just played today with the rest of the 8chon squad and had tons of fun while level 1 and using the starter weapons.

Do you still die pretty much instantly in close quarters? Is flying still pointless without half a billion certs?

Why would you want to be
anyway? Flying is for faggots, decimator and some leading is all you need

Because sometimes it makes sense to fly, especially when the place you're attacking has little to no AA and there are no enemy flyers present, giving you a dominating presence to support ground troops.

It's more pay to not grind but there is so much grinding and getting some of the extra stuff so important that it can be pretty P2W in a lot of ways. If you turn a corner and walk into a enemy of the same class coming towards you and he has his maxed out armour and his maxed out rifle then he will nearly always win that fight. It's more noticable in what resources players have though. Are they zerging your base with tanks? Low levels will likely only be able to swap to heavy assault to try and deal with them using those shitty rockets but higher levels can lay a bunch of tank mines, set up rocket turrets or use some extra damaging homing missles. Find an enemy sunderer? I hope you have grinded enough for C4 or your not doing shit as opposed to the higher level LA who stumbled upon yours and took it out instantly with maxed out double C4.

You can grind it all naturally but it's a pain in the ass how expensive some of this stuff is so I would say it has elements of P2W. This is even more apparent in ground and air vehicles.

An MMORPG has different levels. A level 60 going to a level 1 zone and beating the shit out of them is NOT considered P2W or have P2W elements. The level 60 had to BUY his weapons, gear and talents (upgrades). PS2 is largely considered an MMOFPS, therefore I believe, in my OWN opinion, that it is completely fine. If you want to beat that level 60 character, you have to grind to level 60 yourself. He is NOT buying overpriced weapons at an online store to kill you in 1 hit which is the definition of P2W.

To conclude:
grind or die
pay to skip grind or die
get good or die

Will I get banned from the outfit if I meme in outfit chat?

We've got a base, we just need more people.

Oh boi, it just got cool enough to play

people been memeing all the time

there is a point where there are too many memes

i guess if you spend more time memeing than actually playing the game then it is a problem

meme is like chocolate

to much of it will kill you

>No ammo

Crashing this Galaxy… WITH NO SURVIVORS.

We gonna build a new base? I wanna autism to victory
Last night was fun, defending a rats nest of two sunderers with cloaking between Vanu and NC on both sides
Lasted an hour before they zerged us

Not right now fam, I need to take a break, since we just built a base.

don't know why the fuck it's transparent but what the fuck is going on with the server?
the ping is just going up and up and up

vanu getting btfo and breaking the server?

I think it's more that the kids just got home from school and the murrican quality internet connections can't keep up and send shit overseas

Don't forget the Prowler's turret ring is completely exposed FROM THE FRONT and you have to buy a particular cosmetic armor like a good goy to cover it up. That's not to mention that the innards of the turret are unarmored except for a little blast shield at the base of the barrels.

So wait, isn't the first planetside free also?

If it's so good why don't we play that instead? No playerbase?

I thought all the servers shut down

makes you rethink your decision to roll on the Us servers, assuming you're a eurocuck

Never forget.

I just got back to the game after a year and my skills are rusty. Any advice for a noob?

aim for the head, get your ass on the capture point and murderkill the enemy sunderer

Isn't the server broken as fuck for everyone?

It was dead years before it went F2P. No one thought the game going F2P would revive it. PS1 veterans just wanted to be able to access their characters and visit their old haunts without having to pay. It's still nice to hop in a Mosquito and fly around Ishundar every now and then.

Me and a friend are playing it. I'd love for more people to play it

I don't know if memerald is broken for everyone, I wouldn't think it's broken for US fags
All I know is that I get absolutely dogshit latency to US servers around 4-5pm eastcoast

and subtracting 8 hours is apparently very hard for me
why the fuck would the server shit itself at 1.30pm?

servers ded?

I got kicked out and now the launcher isn't working.

>Still in VR
wake me up

10 minutes ago launchpad refused to launch but planetside-universe.com/server_status.php says that all servers are up

fucked around with network and sharing options>internet options>advanced and unticked the "check for server certificate revocation" box under the security portion
don't know if that shit fixed it but the launcher showed up shortly after

they came up with a retarded broken system and people exploited it

then when they went to fix it all the airshitters cried about how quake and tribes and fighting games were because of bugs too, muh skill ceiling, muh heritage

so soe backed down, people continued to avoid flying because it was retarded, and that suited airshitters just fine because they got to keep their excuse of how much time and effort they put into learning how to tokyo drift backwards around each other and that's why they get to farm ground without any risk besides getting lazy and stupid and flying into a burster nest, because flying requires skill and all g2a is braindead shit with a skill ceiling you can reach in about five minutes of practice

don't bring up how they got the engineer AV turret nerfed because it allowed skilled counterplay to air and that was unacceptable. skill goes from air to ground like rocket pods, never in reverse.

it's still better than it used to be, ESF a2g nose guns used to kill burster maxes in less than a second. airshitters could fight their hard counter 1v2 and win by hovering.

Yeah, that shit was fun. We then held those fucking hills at Mani by ourselves like big bosses.

What happened later was hilarious
I think I went from BR 0 to BR 9 that morning.

fix'd

Die a lot and get very angry

that's been my experience so far

holy shit I suck at this game now

Pretty much this, for me, as well.
Granted, I was playing NC, and supposedly they're the more "die in droves flesh wall tactics" lot, but fuck if it didn't feel like every time I tried to do something I died.
Didn't even play risky. Tended to keep back in NC lines, stick to cover, and all that.

Incidentally, the few times I did play somewhat risky, I usually did way better.

it's the right approach, the enemy have to reload at some point
when you get all the randoms going solo to just say fuck it and rush the capture point you more often than not take it, and I don't mean that they slowly make their way over there and shoot anything that peeks out from the building or from behind a crate, no I mean fucking bumrush and plant their ass on the point and then start shooting
maybe I've been zerging too much though

Really seems like that works best.
Reminds me of my favorite little Ploanetside moment

We were fighting the purple faggots what I am still convinced are a surrogate for Europe off in some big old compound, they had the top floor split down the middle
I somehow managed to sneekibreeki [read: got lost] to one of the vents what went right up to the platform all their friends were on
Not a single one of the fucks noticed for a good ten seconds, letting me somehow wipe out a good half the lot. Mainly with panicked fire what missed most the time, anyway since I really didn't mean to be on that side.
Stupidity wins every time, it seems.

superior tactics
people tend to turn away from where the enemy is coming to shoot at the ones that made it into where you are, allowing more and more enemies to run in without taking fire

We've got a platoon up.

Don't forget that the piloted almost landed the galaxy on it's side for us to get in at warpgate because he hadn't flown before, or what happened afterwards.

Was good times though.

Also, the guy who capped the point with 2sec was the pilot, lol.

Fuck, sometimes I hate this game.

Just reroll, you lose nothing. Remember to invest first certs into lvl 4 repair tool + medigun

How do I reroll?

Delete character and make a new one. You gain 100 certs every level for the first 15 levels.

Fuck it, I guess that will have to do.

Isn't nanoweave armour a pretty good investment early as well? I spent most of my points into medigun, repair tool and nanoweave armour then saved up to buy the cycler and C4 for my medic. So far it seems to be going pretty well but most of the classes feel like complete ass without some cert investment, especially the fucking MAX which I love using even though I only have the shitty default equipment that can't do shit.

Flak armor > Nano-weave unless you're playing Infiltrator.

Also, all of the burst variants of each starter weapons are the best in the game. Start using them.

wew, game crash from trying to unfuck microphone

But I don't get hit by explosives very often compared to getting shot by bullets