Dark & gritty game reboots

Holla Forums what lighthearted I.P will get the dark & gritty reboot treatment next?

While the re-design has FAR TOO MANY MOVING BITS, leaving the original would also be shit

Changing it was good.

>>>Holla Forums
we need to build a wall around Holla Forums

Except it wasn't.

Sure, the underwear was kinda silly, but it made a lot of sense from a design perspective to break up that big block of blue. With the new design, the color balance is completely fucked. The whole thing looks like a jumpsuit now.

When I look at it, I don't see Superman, all I see is a janitor in a shower curtain.

when did robo-cop get into MGR?

inb4 kirby

you wouldn't gritty a super mario

Realistically. We might see a M rated Zelda.

Still better than the original suit.

When I look at the original, I don't see superman. I see diaper-man.

The movies weren't good but the old the designs were too dumb to work on the big screen.

The whole point was that when he got free from the EBUL corporation he went back to the old design.
The old movie was more "gritty".

Those are good designs, what's "gritty" about them.
The designs you posted are some of the worst designs they've had and those are the designs they use to market wallets, cups…(for kids).

What's "gritty" about them?
Armour?
Did you expect lycra?
Outside of that it's almost exactly the same as most PR/Super Sentai costumes.
Or are in an SJW angry about boob armour?

At the end of the day what I wanna say is kill yourself nostalgiafag.
Stop spouting buzzwords without thinking before you speak.

His design might have more black and red but Robocop always was dark and gritty.

Batman Begins/TDK started it all. Now every movie has to be dark, gritty and "mature". Games followed suit because they have to emulate movies, so we get dark and gritty games too.

What are those rangers?
They look cool as fuck, tell me more.

also it might be just me but superman without red crotch looks stupid

Superman with red diapers looks even dumber.

Sage for not even vidgya related.

Transformers movies made one improvement, and that was Transformers having to maintain a consistent volume when transforming. Going from full size transformer to relatively tiny little boom box always seemed dumb to me. Otherwise, I can't possibly hate everything else about those movies, and especially the redone character designs, hard enough.

As for Superman, I've long disliked the outer underwear look and am glad to see it gone. I just wish they hadn't made his colors and ALL COLORS in the entire movie so drab. Desaturated drab colors may work for Batman, but not Superman.

In fact, for further heresy, as much as I like superheroes in general, I've never much cared for the preference for tights, tights, and more tights in their designs, so you could change them up even more as far as I'm concerned. Not that I hate tights in all cases, it's just way overused and makes most of their bodies pretty much palette swaps of each other. More clothing variety would allow for more shape variety.

Also this: where are the video games

pretty cool tbh fam

The problem with Bayformers is that it has too many "muscles", and they're not a more uniform block of metal. The old blocky designs would've been a bit ridiculous, but the main problem with Bayformers is that you couldn't clearly distinguish when they fought, their colors or features you could identify them were lost in the scrap metal gangbang.

they don't even have the second one announced hold your horses

I can already tell this movie is gonna be bad.

I recall reading somewhere they wanted to make it a trilogy

So, Ninja Theory then?

It's typically older superheroes who have the tights. Because Superman's design was based on circus strongmen, and everyone else was explicitly ripping off Superman. By the '50s superheroes were pretty much dead, and the few new ones, like Martian Manhunter, didn't necessarily have tights. But then The Flash reboot happened and brought superheroes back. Flash's tights make sense, he's supposed to look sleep and aerodynamic. Then the superhero comeback of the late '50s and early '60s was all about tights, even moreso than before. The original Flash wore jeans and a long sleeve shirt. The original Green Lantern too, but he also had a cape. The rebooted ones both wear tights.

But by the '70s that started wearing off and you started getting costumes that were less like tights. Ghost Rider and Punisher had tights but the started wearing jackets and coats over them. By the '80s tights were pretty much gone. Except for characters who were explicit throwbacks. Even older characters started getting new costumes that were less like tights, like Guy Gardner, or Robin (it took until the third Robin for the idea to wear pants to ever come up).

They look like those generic sci-fi armor / suits
How is that 'cool' unless you have no taste