d
e
o
g
a
m
e
s

Clamp on the inside of the arm cannon's barrel? Magnets? Bird magic?

Magic bird magnets.

Suction tubes obviously.

If you look closely, the cannon appears to be stuck between the two rungs, which probably gives Samus enough purchase to hold on.

We wuz ants ?

nano technology

Nanomachines combine with arcane tube magic.

I never see ants doing this sort of shit. My country must have really boring ants.

I'm sure you'd have to pay close attention to the ants or your surroundings in general to see things like this.
And actually going outside, too

Jewish_Marge_Simpson_Lets_Play

she just j-jams it in?

makes sense to me

oh boy here we go

how am i supposed to know that i need to use the power bomb here?

Not this shit again.

People are often surprised by how strong ants and other similar insects are. The explanation is simple: physics.

Muscle strength and bone/other carrier yield strength depend on the cross-section area of the muscle/bone. Meanwhile, the mass of a uniform body depends on its volume.

Area scales with 2 dimensions, volume scales with 3 dimensions. If you take a muscle and shrink all its dimensions by the factor of 2, you reduce the muscle strength by 4. However, if you take a load that muscle could lift and also reduce all its dimensions by a factor of 2, its weight will be reduced by 2^3=8. Thus, insects might seem inordinarily strong, but scale them up to human size, and they will literally fall apart under the weight of their own limbs, unable to be supported by their spindly legs.

This is also the reason why there are so few very large animals, and the ones that exist are either hulks of nature (elephants) or aquatic creatures (whales) - you don't need to support your own weight in water.

I've seen 'em strip a fresh dead bird down to a weirdly red skeleton in the space of 24 hours, but never move big things like that.

Skill bitch. Get good.

I don't understand how people didnt think they needed to use on there

I didn't play Super when it came out due to youngfag, was this a huge problem?

A powerful vacuum that makes Kirby look like a chump

If you didn't see or remember the broken one then it's pretty understandable.

I thought the last panel was going to show the guy taking the chip

Ants built the pyrmids?

What nihilistic post.

*What a

no

I played it when I was a youngfag and I knew.

Well, the map clearly shows that there was something outside of that area. It is inviting to try everything you have to get through or to find a path around.

Same technology as the grapple beam but with reduced range

The first time I saw that I tried to break it with missiles, then super missiles, and then power bombs. I just wanted to break that glass.

I wonder if Samus would orgasm if Ridley raped her.

You mean cynic?

Because they had me break glass tubes with powerbombs in Metroid Prime 1 & 2 :^)

Masterful close-up.

no kangz did

I've seen one comic of it and Samus seemed to be really enjoying it

Square cube law.

0/10

What the fuck are you talking about?

source

Dude the new pikmin game looks fucking amazing

Because it looks like a power bomb

I guess if I draw a picture of a banana and color it yellow you'll throw an autism fit because not all bananas are the same color right?

I'm not the one pretending the glass in a scifi space future setting is the same thing as a window from your house.

You're right, that doesn't make sense, how dare I assume the common interpretation of a banana is yellow when there are specific exceptions of them NOT being yellow, that's just flawed logic.

Yeah assuming reality applies to a scifi setting is pretty fucking retarded.

Hell even assuming that a transparent material in a scifi setting is glass is fucking retarded.

This has to be the worst fucking analogy/rebuttal I've ever heard, you're not winning anyone over with that gem of an argument user.

nigga go to sleep or something

I really like this image. May I save it?

maybe it's because i'm tired but this dumbass banana analogy is so stupid that it's completely fucking lost on me

I think the gist of it is that since all bananas are yellow then it's fair to assume that giant glass space tube hallways are at least somewhat fragile as glass in certain scenarios is known to break easily or some shit like that

I think user dislocated a shoulder reaching for that one

i get the gist of what he's doing, but when i actually try to piece it together in my mind i just get lost
even with that explanation i'm out of it
i need to get some sleep

He is right though, if I told you "What color do bananas have?", you wouldn't say green.
The same with the glass, "If I put a bomb near a glass surface. What would happen to it?" You wouldn't say nothing.

What the fuck am I reading? Is this bait?

Those are outliers.

Stop grasping at straws this hard. If I ask any person whatsoever that question the answer is yellow 99.99% of the time, you included.
Fuck off.

It's not a common knowledge, but bananas are naturally green. They only get yellow if you let them decompose, this is also when on the inside celluloid molecules decompose into sugars. If you let it like this long enough, it'll turn black with large concentration of sugars inside. Black bananas best bananas hands down. Just make sure it isn't starting to get infested with bacteria and fungi and thus simply rot instead.

And the tube could also be an outlier. This analogy fucking sucks user.

I'm grasping at straws, sure thing.

What would happen if you shot a missile at a glass surface?

What? Everyone knows that shit.

Just because you have this knowledge doesn't mean everyone do. Look at this fag
, who unironically states that every 9999 out of 10000 bananas are yellow.

Because bananas in their prime, when they are sold, are Yellow.

Just because they turn black or start off green doesn't mean they are those colors. All are technically correct, but bananas are referred to as yellow because that's when they are ripe. Same thing with mangos and any other fruit that changes color based on ripeness

It doesn't matter, bananas are commonly despited as yellow, that was user's main point and the reason most people will answer yellow if asked.

It would break, the fact that it doesn't happen in the game is besides the point.

Nice reading comprehension.

Is it ripe?

We've come full fucking circle, someone please let me off this fucking ride

huh, interesting post user

I don't get it

bananas, user

isnt this called the inverse square law?

I'm not the only autist who uses power bombs on every room, am I?

Finger guns can even get dubs

I get it, but honestly a "banana are all yellow" analogy is better for justifying racism.

strictly speaking the only indication is that samus does it in the gameplay demo

in accordance with oldschool exploration philosophy, you're supposed to get fed up with trying to access the blank area of the map from every other angle and eventually try everything on the glass tube

the indicators that show which device to use to destroy a block don't show up here
on the one hand that's infuriating. On the other, it'd really break the aesthetic

Nope

Tempered glass, right? I think the achilles heel on that is that if you poke it with a phillips-head screwdrived on the edge: it shatters. Of course, that's not an issue after they've been installed.

nice one

How many A button press would take to finish this game?

After Phantoon, if you continue through the wrecked ship, you will enter a part of Maridia that is sectioned off from the main area by a one way green gate. Without having the gate opened from the other side, the only path you can take through this part of Maridia leads you through a broken version of the tube, right before dumping you 1 room away from the intact tube.

IVE ACTUALLY BEEN STUCK AT THIS PART FOR THREE DAYS NOW THANKS user

how the fuck is a nigga gonna make a half a press

I take it you havent witnessed the supreme autism that was that mario 64 player spending years perfecting his button presses.

HOW DO YOU TURN THIS ON

it was the first thing i thought of when i got the power bomb. since i noticed the map had area above and below it and it had been bugging the crap out of me. oh man, when it worked it scared the crap out of me, i didnt want to be in the water

Pshh, kid, dinosaurs exist.

If you shot at every glass surface on every game ever made, how many would break?
See, there are quite a few games where glass is used as an invisible wall, hence why comparing real glass to video game glass is stupid, much like comparing human bananas to wild green bananas.

BURN THE HERETIC

You and your country needs an Exterminatus.

fucking moron, it's not his name, just a title
his name is Yahweh

*His
your fucking heresy rubbed off on me a little

typical

there was an autistic guy on jewtube that have made a 2h+ video on explains how he would press A before entering the area, and the jump would be effective only on release of the button. Therefor 0.5 press, and pressing it again it would have a full press so 1.0 of A button to achieve the jump over the obstacle so would count only as 1.5 A press
its hilarious

IM SO GLAD YOU ASKED! LETS TALK ABOUT QUANTUM PHYSOCS!

He doesn't say that you fucking pleb, he says "Let's talk about parallel universes". That doesn't even have anything to do with this explanation on half an A press. Go back to reddit with your shit tier attempt at memery

Fuck that, this shit right here had me up at all hours of the night.

oh no, user is upset

sounds like you're man because you got called out for being a bitch nigga

holy shit me too

I knew it after I spent hours trying to get back to the main play area after beating mother brain in zero mission.

you're too used to games holding your hand the whole time

(Checked)
Don't you mean shriveled overripe bananas?

it does kind of break the rules though. i dont remember anything else in the game having "world" interaction like that.

I just finished my biophysics midterm
I cannot fucking understand how the little fucking feet on those little fucking ants exert enough force to counteract all the gravity pulling down on that chip

She did in the fanfic.
She did not survive the encounter.

youtu.be/wHRXUeVsAQQ?t=2m

There was more oxygen in the atmosphere during the time of the dinosaurs due to more algae in the ocean. Dinosaurs had more energy to work with, allowing them to grow bigger.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law