Arcade thread

INSERT COIN

Let's have a good 'ol arcade thread.

Discuss your favorite games here, and share some memories about it~

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!74BlQJ6a!tBzIkH2L-8dmW6yEi1f-qw
feastmagazine.com/the-feed/st_louis_news/article_b94184a8-0bcb-11e6-8c47-4724670766e5.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I used to take a few dollars with me to the arcade in our nearby mall and double-fist Area 51 Site 4.

DO DODO DODO DOODOO DOOOOO DOOOOOOO

DAYTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My bro and I always had an inside joke that even tho Lizard Tail criticizes the player for driving like an old lady, he himself was an old lady.

DISCUSS

Kikewheels let me post fuck.

I loved playing Captain Commando at the arcade as I was waiting for my turn in the Street Fighter Ii machine, which was always fucking full.

The seperations division at bootcamp had two arcades we went to about 4 times a week. It was crazy fun, the prices were low and the games were rad. The only bad thing is that the only fighter in the one arcade was Tekken 5, and the other arcade had only Tekken 6. Tekken is the only big name fighter I never played before, and everyone was lining up to rape face in 10+ man tournaments. I could have wrecked shit in Street Fighter or Soulcalibur but no, they only had Tekken. Ah well. Most of the games there were games that benefited from the arcade format which is a plus.

I know it sounds silly to say that I miss bootcamp because of the videogames, but I sorta do. Endless fun was had at the arcades there. There were two male seperation divisions and we rarely met outside of the arcade where we'd get together and yell and scream at whatever was going on. An ordinary race turned into a violent bout of hooting and hollering and it was always a lot of fun. Kinda strange to think that I'll never see those guys again. We made our friendships and rivalries and got to know each other and look forward to competing, like in an anime or something. We've all since been shipped home by now, never to play together again.

Good times.

Do you guys have Arcade Bars where do you live?

Feels good man

At first I thought you were talking about mobile suit Gundam type games, but then I remembered that mobile phone games have been made into arcade cabinets now.

What an insane age we live in.
I feel like at any moment the deciding event for whether we go towards utopia or dystopia could happen.
It feels like there's possibility, but is it out of our reach to use that possibility?

Like tears in the rain.

Which is better? Ninja gaiden arcade or final fight?

Arcade bars are cancer

Why do you act like mobile phone games aren't anything BUT arcade games?

Even back in the 80s arcade games were better than mobile phone games.
Space Invaders, missile defense, Galaga, Pacman, simple games compared to the ones we have now, but even they're much better than candy crush or angry birds, which are just shit.

No, mobile phone games aren't arcade games, they're more like flash games on newgrounds that had no effort put into them and less than a week was spent making them.

Take your VR memeshit elsewhere

Did you memorize the powerup locations? Did you add style to your routine like that HotD Jap?

m8 unlike you talking up those games you've probably never played from the late 70s and early 80s, I've played them, and the mobile phone games of today are just as fucking arcade as those games. They're just as simple and arcade as the games in the past. Please quit being such a nostalgiafag, a fake nostalgiafag even.

I never get bored of smash tv

We used to have this at the café next my condo
and more obscure shit i can't find.

And this double jump space platform shooter with this fucked up frame rate toward the end.

why not grab entire playable MAME library? (without those that need CHDs and trillions of mahjongg and quiz shit)

mega.nz/#F!74BlQJ6a!tBzIkH2L-8dmW6yEi1f-qw

Barcades are fine.

A full motion Outrun cabinet and a touchscreen cell phone are wildly different.

I basically grew up in the arcades. Born in the 70s, I was able to experience the Arcade's heyday. I started going to the local one where I grew up in Vineland, NJ. Was a Space Portbranded arcade that, in the late 80s, would change to a Challenges. But, my earliest memories were:

Double Dragon: the lines for it stretched clear out into the main mall aisle. To play it you had to wait in line for an hour until the people ahead of you ran out of quarters. It as crazy. 20 years of going to arcades from 1980-2000 and I never saw anything like that before. I was a very skinny, short kid so I used to get threatened and pushed around a lot when I'd beat the other person at the end when both player one and player two had to fight each other. thankfully my mother managed the orange julius nearby and she knew the manager of the arcade, so he was always there to watch out for me.

Mat Mania: I was so good at this game that I once got to the 87th match without losing a single time. I attracted a huge crowd of people who were amazed that this 7 year old kid was beating the crap out of the game. Only reason I had to stop was due to my mom coming to pick me up. She was pissed that I didn't come to her when she was done work, since the agreement was my grandparents would drop me off at the mall after school and I'd wait for my mom to get done work while wasting time in the arcade.

Donkey Kong: Still my favorite. I was too short to see the first two girder levels in stage one, so I had to get one of the stools to see it. I remember two older teen girls laughing at me because of that. I think I was about 7 or 8 there.

Cadash: God I loved this game. I played in a tournament for it and ended up winning. Played a Ninja and beat it without dying on one token.

That mall arcade closed in 1996. There are some good arcades down at the jersey shore (Jilly's in Ocean City) but the days of good 'cades around here are long over.

Time Crisis 5 is sweet. The dual pedal system works well and is a nice step forward for the series. Only complaint is the recoil on the GunCon is now a weak vibration instead of the classic slide action. It might be more durable, but it's definitely less immersive.

I think they have a Time Crisis 5 at Pinball Pete's here in Ann Arbor. It is a pretty good light gun shooter, if not the best I've ever played.

You can't compare the two, this is just unfair.

But I can and I will.

What about the controls and the scale?
Nothing rings a bell? fucking really?

Since when do controls or scale matter in arcade games? Are you just conveniently forgetting the giant fucking variety of arcade games and the variety of control schemes?

Its in a prime place, and the owners are sounding like setting it up with everything good from 80s Coin Ops and A couple modern games.

feastmagazine.com/the-feed/st_louis_news/article_b94184a8-0bcb-11e6-8c47-4724670766e5.html

Don't feed the troll

I think that was entirely the point.

Any supergun fags here?

Maybe is on to something. Aren't we supposed to be wiser and smarter? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Remember when i first beat N.A.R.C on Midway Arcade Treasures 2

I got to Mr.Big and he was the most disturbing thing i'v ever seen.

and then he explodes into a skull and it's a huge relief because it's way less disturbing.

I remember it took me almost 20 years to accidentally rediscover the name of my favorite beat em up game that i played with my bro day in and out.
It was D&D tower of doom.

As well as guerrilla war, Rastan and The Legend of Kage.

POST ARCADE FLYERS

Make me nigger