Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Umbilicus_Immortalis
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Coruscating_Elixir
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Maligaro's_Lens
tumblr.com
github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases
poedb.tw/us/
poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAN-KR4WbiukCOQu-T0uu2V4bJf6B2VttGX0YCPQi9OyKa9vAVGwLakOTJ8k9vop_xr-XoS_K08HF8h60DOwY6rpGcY_6cLtObQ184YiDCfDV2ROlxFfJHapvnpUuSVEvb5wyKPr-ScpKBx6Cx5ituJNfsNP7-egc3Ju1E2xBh-vujxrDOoTFBkmcvrc-pwgy0RmKaqwNH_4Kj0bZC0VH-wk8KPJF2L0dFJuhKpiIQMBm9to64frSr40YavfX-oCmrASzGo8WbxcveC_MvKyYkDOiAONqZOd85arEOljwH1XWWAeFYFXGgKRNuYPbAAAAAA==
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1560079
pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/RoggleDoggle/characters
poe.trade/search/amihanitanaret
poe.trade/search/aritosioihikam
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAN-KR4WbiuyDFSfpAlSu04-Msf6zS6590lcrGyUi9L2C2VtrF2wLbRm86pMnyT19GBFQCPTAVL6Kf8a_l-yKa9s1uWpDoS_K0yepflnBxfIeTLOnKx1PtAzsGAQHLR_qukZxsnBwux8CDXw0CuGIsHdildkTNsVXyTdmR7cvb4t62CQo-jeDLKYBb6cIgsem6-L3j0bZC-vu0_uESB0Um6Ey0ah9E2z311xr-tJFR1qRBknMvMNtFm8XL4hAaqxEBKrEJKrjamTnJLCmrBCXhWA26VXWgKSQM025HapmnnIPWfMaOJBVnz4t0gGRJy-P-lxAh8unm3WezxVUvRXtlovVuQAAAAA=
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAN-KR4WbiuyDFSfpAtOPjLFLrhslIvTZW2wLbRmTJ8k9fRgRUL6Kf8a_l-yKa9s1uaEvytMnqX5ZwcXyHkyzpysdT7QM7BgEB-q6RnFwux8CDXw0CuGI2RM2xVfJN2Yvb4t6KPo3gyymAW-nCILHpuvi949G2Qvr7tP7hEgdFDLRqH0TbPfXXGv60kVHWpEGScy8w20WbxcviEBqrEQEqsQkquNqZOemrBCXhWA26VXWgKSQM025Harw1UlRlS4HHu-I-TfXz0mx_kkqmPqA2CQRlg==
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Leer_Cast
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dying_Breath
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Zahndethus'_Cassock
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Femurs_of_the_Saints
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Play it like Diablo. Grind until weapon/item powercreep prevails.

you can't, it doesn't have a win condition
it's a skinnerbox

If you want to win at an ARPG play Diablo 3 and top the GR leaderboards

Both of these: >>9239631

It's better than Diablo 3 and it's free in a non jewish way, but it's still not as good as Median XL.

Set a goal for yourself and work towards that goal.

wha'ts the matter?
afraid you might see something you like?

They expect you to waste about 50 hours on throwaway characters before being able to roll something even close to optimized. Sounds fun, right?

Look at this scrub.

It's trials and errors OP, and even more so for this game since it doesn't handhold you like D3 does. Your first characters will always be shit no matter what, but once you breath in the mechanics and have the exalts to support it you'll never need another ARPG for a long time.

Devil user, plz go.

or you can say fuck that shit and make something that "just werks"
ascendencies are fucking broken as shit, or rather certain skill gems in combination with ascendencies are broken as fuck

I think I'll stay

pay

No shit bro, ascendancies will be rebalanced come 2.3.0. You can rock a 4L RF Totem + Searing Bond in a +3 Fire sceptre with Chieftain, strap full MF gear and go to town.

You join the 2 week flashback league tomorrow and have fun. Seriously I've been wanting one of these since the last month long one and it's finally happening. I hope you scrubs have your 200% increased life builds ready.

kinetic blast deadeye with 100% pierce and echoed frost wall, with a white wand you pick up on the strand
or you could do Essence Aids contagion Occultist and just have entire maps melt as you run through them

meh, Invasion and Beyond got nerfed to shit
didn't play the turbo league and didn't play much in tempest either

Is Vaal Summon Skeletons still useful?

you bet it is

as do mine
I play mostly self found and only sell the shit I find dirt fucking cheap, don't buy shit and use the chaos to roll maps

Skeletons will always be useful, they work themselves to the bone for you.

Invasion was scary? The only invasion boss I even remember doing damage was the porcupine that instantly killed players in melee range on release.

It's not invasion or beyond that are scary though. It's the posessed invasion bosses and onslaughted haasts that are going to show up on every other map when they can happen.

the bleed and chaos cloud snake in act 2 was scary as fuck on release, the firestorm queen whatever the fuck it is from act 3 that lays little mobs was scary as fuck even with high fire resist
both of those applied a degen that just melted you before you could react, the firestormer melted through 4k HP and 3 charges of instant health pot and a saturated so effectively 6-7k in 2 or 3 seconds
you could run from the snake with quicksilver flask, but that thing cought you off guard and you didn't have any charges you were as good as dead
but I played melee

Is evasion still useless as a stat? Was it ever useless?
I remember people whining that it doesn't mitigate enough damage, to which retards would counter with "JUST DODGE THE PROJECTILES HURR", completely missing the point that you can get hit/avoid projectiles with any build

evasion + dodge it's pretty good, the niggers who whine are just retards

The game cant be "won" but set goals to yourself and try to get rich and make builds that are fun. That's what it's about

I hate meta so I am doing shit I find amusing and actually viable.

Currently making triple golem triple spectre witch and I am telling you, it's fun as FUCK.

Just slap on some %life and a basalt flask you're golden.

what build should i try? im getting a bit bored and dont know what to do

have you tried triple golems yet?

Anything saved something requires a 6l Shav + Skyforth. Game is piss easy atm.

I'm gonna do an occultist piscator wander for the 2week, in the softcore league because my connection is shit, each Vile Bastion stack counts as an individual buff for Mantra of Flames so it'll be ridiculous damage once it gets going.

You win by being first to get to 100 in every league, apparently, but that's stupid, and more so nowadays since you can just nolife harder than everyone else on easy maps instead of risking your life on hard maps because they give more xp.

im on HC btw

I've heard rumors that they revorked the entropy mechanic of evasion or removed it entirely
the reason why people tend to think it's useless is because it doesn't mitigate the physical damage you do get hit with like armor does
it's good for avoiding the ocassional massive hit that would make an armor tank crumple, but you get shit on by many little hits that barely affects an armor tank

Crit Ice Traps
Crit Earthquake
Crit Blade Vortex
Crit Sunder
Crit Vaal Molten Shell
Crit magic find Flame Totems
magic find Essence Drain

Yeah, I like crit.

I suggest checking out what unique items the game has to offer and maybe make builds around those.
There are some very nice uniques you could make something awesome around.

Also there are some keystones that can completely change the way you play.

There is no limit, just try shit and ask for help if needed.

that wand that scales chaos damage and makes mobs go boom if you haven't tried it, seems interresting enough

Not playing a sanic fast reaver, come on user it's a 2 week race, at least make something fun to play

what's it called?

obliteration wand or something like that

Played a little bit of this. How long does it take for me to not be spamming a single skill?

depends on the build
usually you pick one skill and focus on only that skill
some builds have a single target and an AoE clear skill, othersuses multipe skills to work
like in the case of Essence drain where essence drain is your actual damage and contagion is used to spread that damage and wither is used to increase the chaos damage mobs take aswell as slowing them

Avatar of Fire Cold to Fire Ice Crash and Glacial Hammer Heirophant.

Pointy ears leave.

for any of you super nerds out there im running a minion instability snackbar zombie build

what you're gonna need

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Umbilicus_Immortalis

this is the reason this shit works, being able to detonate your zombies at will with this flask
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Coruscating_Elixir

obviously take necromancer for the poison cloud on minion death and because getting bone offering to apply to yourself is op

now lets have some fun with extra shit

since your flasks now apply to your zombies instead of you, here are some fun things to try

stibnite flask
aquamarine flask
sulphur flask

lastly, heres one more thing that would be great, take necromantic aegis for this
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Maligaro's_Lens

I've put like 100 hours into this and I just can't wrap my head around it.

I don't feel like just copy pasting builds till I learn because I'd rather learn by doing I guess but I can never get too far into merciless without ripping.

By having fun.

I honestly wouldn't consider playing a build that doesn't allow you to use flask in a hardcore league at all, but if you're planning on doing this in softcore you should do an energy shield based character with vaal discipline and maybe zealoth's oath so you don't miss life flasks, not having utility flasks will still hurt though.

Also, summoning can be done with desecrate traps + zombie cluster traps, otherwise you'll waste a ton of time summoning your exploding zombies over and over.

Play softcore until you get used to shit, get used to the map system and particularly the map bosses, some will kill you really damn fast if you don't know what you're doing.

i will admit that i havnt fully transitioned into this build but i am going to try this shit in maps when i get there. otherwise ill just be a standard-ish necro

new skill, another melee totem

OP here this is my damage im lvl 42 i feel it's not good because i am killing bosses and normal mobs quite long. Is this okay? Should i continue?

go play median xl like a real man (either vanillia or ultimative)

I'll admit that I was concerned about them changing the health and mana globes too.

Then I actually played the game and realized I have no reason to be staring at those constantly and didn't care.

One of the better carlos uses I've seen recently

oy vey, look at this problematic shit, why hasn't it been removed yet??

because SJW don't play games, the UI girls wore obvious to anyone who looked at a screenshot. If someone bitched about your pic they would probably remove it too

Finish all three difficulties without dying.

Optional objectives include success in competitive rankings and speedrun races.

I hope this clears up your confusion.

i wish i had 5 dicks so i could squeeze her tits around them all

Uninstall that always online crap and play Titan Quest or Grim Dawn, that's how you win the game l.

2nd for TQ

You're 42? That's very low. Like I can do 1k dps easy by A4 Normal.

Has been a while since I've played this game, but I think 800 - 1200 DPS is normal at the end of act 3 normal, but those toolkit DPS numbers are often bullshit. Hard to say without seeing your clear speed.

And you should have like 1k total health when you reach dominus.

Act 1 cruel managed to kill malachai. I just hope i will survive cruel act and merceliess probably not.

change your fuckin left mouse button to move only
holy shit

Ummm… Just install Diablo 3?

tumblr.com

Sorry user, my trips supersede your dubs.

There is an option to show your actual health number all the time instead of just when hovering over the thing.

like this?

As in in the options menu there is a setting that'll show the numbers above your life globe without you hovering over it.

please read this you dense fuck

i did it changed back when i have restarted game.

I have like 3500 displayed DPS at level 60. How's that?
also, I am using fireball with multiple projectiles and rolling flames, which adds aoe to the fireballs meaning multiple hits can stack. Frost wall SOMETIMES blocks them, meaning they hit and explode and thus their damage can stack, but sometimes it doesn't. Why?

why? it shouldnt, also do it because it will kill you eventually

The only winning move is not to play

seriously though play Grim Dawn instead and drop this shitty SJW game

how is it SJW?

Pierce chance?

I guess
Fuck

come on man

You should have 3k life bare minimum going into merciless.

x…D?

how about you get good?

frost wall is bugged as shit, I had the same issues on some meme arctic breath build.

Update: after two more areas I am now at 28% progress, down from 50% a few minutes ago.

I have 2k life 1.2k shield

nice one m80 you sure told me

no dude, i've been playing hardcore for years now, it's almost like softcore but you have to spend a bit more of time building your character because it has to actually be good, not just put everything to damage and go around dying each 2 minutes

also, what's even the point of playing softcore, there's no risk, you just lose some exp, in hc at least you get some excitement when you are about to die

help.

also we should take over a chat channel for ourselves. maybe /global 1488 is available?

You could..you know, sell them. To somebody who does know how.

oh fucking hell first time trying vaal arc, holy shit it's so good

no fucking way. first time I've owned anything like this. its end of league anyways, everyones either fucked off to the shitty flashback league or quit.

The two problems with evasion builds were that evasion builds typically had no life nodes and that magic/rare/unique/boss mobs have bonus accuracy even without rolling bonus accuracy modifiers. Sooner or later you got hit and died. Evasion was workable with a lot of HP and/or block behind it, but evasion and armor both worked like shit if you went hybrid since the way they scaled against enemy accuracy and damage ensured that the your evasion and armor reduction percentages became really weak when they weren't maxed. To top it off you had Iron Reflexes to make evasion builds into extremely high armor builds instead.

These days evasion builds work much better. Make sure to have life behind the evasion and it should be good.

hit up poe.trade for a better bow

I tried to play the game with the Witch (Yea, I know she's not a friendly character to use, but I hate the other classes), but I have no idea how to build her as a summoner because of that fucking skill/talent tree. How do you make a summon build work in PoE, and can I look like a really evil dick through cosmetic items?

Have fun exploiting 3 week seasons while being forced to use gear and shitty builds Blizzard force you to use if you want to have fun. Oh yea, I hope you like Barbarian and Demon Hunter (I heard Wizards and Crusaders might not suck in the current season, but for the most part they suck dick like the Witch Doctor and Monk).

At least play Grim Dawn.

Someone hasn't seen the Butcher's room in Diablo 1, played Diablo 2, or been to Diablo 3''s Act 2.

while you can technically level with zombies or raging spirits, it's better to use a spell until you get to merciless because leveling with minions is suffering, they only really shine once you get to maps.

You're doing it wrong. Just do the fucking vendor recipe for a +1 socketed minion gems helm, carry a flat damage aura (Wrath or Anger), and give them a flat damage support (Added Lightning or Added Chaos). They will murder shit no problem.

Necro is ezmode. You don't really need gear to boost your minions other than the +1 minion helmet, they tank for you, and they kill for you.

The problem with evasion is that game devs are fucking pussies and won't let you have very high rates of evasion.

Speaking of PoE, I got an idea for a support aura build and was wondering if theree were anyone willing to party up to carry the support till he's effective.

you're supposed to level as something else until maps, where people actually need supports

i keep seeing this thread and it keeps reminding me i need to get back into it

i havent played in any of the leagues for the past 6+ months

i rage quit after losing a level 90 ice shot crit ranger, to absolute lag bullshit

i had just gotten a sick ass 5 linked bow with high crit chance and insane dps

i still have a level 80 something cycloner

What about the tree when it comes to a summoner build? It's the only thing that pushes me away from PoE.

minion health, minion damage and energy shield nodes for yourself
don't forget to pick up Aura stuff aswell, like the one on the right of the Sion, but mostly reserved mana reduction so you can fit more auras

Take a look at the ascendancies first, pick your favourite. Necro would be a likely choice. Look around the starting point of that class for minion stuff, aura effectiveness and at least one kind of defense, most likely health/ES.
Raging spirits/melee splash/multicast in a +1 wand are always a good thing to start with, if you want less of a classical zoomancer

also, download and install this shit
github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases
It'll help you plan your shit

There's nothing special to it. I just obsessively pick up health and energy shield nodes and some minion nodes here and there. The big minion nodes to grab are Minion Instability and the one that gives +1 spectre. Necromantic Aegis is the one minion node you should definitely skip unless you have a special build in mind since you normally want your shield to stay alive.

I just use poedb.tw/us/

Skill tree calculator: poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/

all the times I've used the online skill tree planner it felt clunky as shit, like if you have to remove alot of nodes you have to do them individually
don't have to do that with Emmit's planner

Enjoy your dust collecting baubles then. They'll keep your unused Standard characters company.

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAN-KR4WbiukCOQu-T0uu2V4bJf6B2VttGX0YCPQi9OyKa9vAVGwLakOTJ8k9vop_xr-XoS_K08HF8h60DOwY6rpGcY_6cLtObQ184YiDCfDV2ROlxFfJHapvnpUuSVEvb5wyKPr-ScpKBx6Cx5ituJNfsNP7-egc3Ju1E2xBh-vujxrDOoTFBkmcvrc-pwgy0RmKaqwNH_4Kj0bZC0VH-wk8KPJF2L0dFJuhKpiIQMBm9to64frSr40YavfX-oCmrASzGo8WbxcveC_MvKyYkDOiAONqZOd85arEOljwH1XWWAeFYFXGgKRNuYPbAAAAAA==

This is honestly not a very good tree, since I modified it from a Chaos Inoculation Spectre summoner tree I had, but it should lead you in the right direction, the stuff you want is:
life, es, minion nodes, curse and aura nodes, in that order, except maybe the last 2. I would recommend against Minion Instability since the last thing you want is your Spectres having less life.

I'll echo this MI statement. Instability is a great addition for raging spirits because they actually die, your zombies aren't supposed to do that on the regular unless you're in over your head and then the extra bit of damage every once in a while won't save you either

The offline calculator is a lot faster and you can save/load your builds without codes or bookmarks. Being able to zoom out entirely and seeing all nodes relating to your search without panning around is also probably very useful for a new player

You're all shitters in the eyes of people who play the real hardcore mode: placing in seasonal race events, all of which use hardcore rules

The only reason to play a full-length hardcore league is to be a shitter or surround yourself with shitters.

Your energy shield is really low. What are you doing for defense? If you're using intelligence-only armor, your energy shield is extremely low. If you have enough strength in your skill tree, you might be better off taking Mind Over Matter and wearing strength armor. You'd be able to ignore energy shield passive nodes and just take life.

If that's not an option, you really need some better energy shield on your equipment and make sure your resistances are all at least 75% while in merciless.

Also consider running the Discipline aura for extra energy shield if you're having trouble padding it.

Gambling and lottery rings in chat.

My PC is way above the minimum requirements, yet I'm getting d3d errors out the ass. Guess it's something I have to look into.

I tried the Ranger too. She's pretty fun, but I'm guessing it's a bad idea to go glass cannon with her (pick up as many arrow-based skills and life/es, etc)?

How?
Fire is 75, the other two are -14.

that is incredibly low, you're receiving over 4 times the damage you would with resistances at 75

I'm following this; pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1560079
and it looks like I have been ignoring the gear portion.

resists are important

remember to use your crafting npcs

you're fireball? ditch your weapon and get an aurumvorax

That sounds like a great idea once I get the dagger mentioned in the guide, but until then I am using a wand because of great dps bonuses from it.
My armor is shit (and none of it gives armor right now apparently), so that should probably be where I improve it.

Is there any way to share all my my gear without screenshotting every bit of it?

post a link to your profile

if you're ingame you can ctr-c ctrl-v and we'll get all the text

or you can link us to your profile so we can see it all

pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/RoggleDoggle/characters
It's the highest level one

you need some better rings, man. jewelry is your best source of resists.

you should work on your masters, master crafting is a cheap and fast way to slap some extra resists on and it looks like almost all of your gear has room.

So, should I be replacing all that energy gear with energy+Armor, and make sure to get some more cold and some lightning resist? Also, apparently merciless has -60 on all resists, while cruel only has like -20, that's probably why it hit me like a truck.

damn, your gear is really damn bad, ditch the wands and buy an aurumvorax and a shield, how many chaos orbs do you have?
you know how to use poe.trade right?
buy this aurumvorax
poe.trade/search/amihanitanaret

any of these rings is better than the crap you're wearing

poe.trade/search/aritosioihikam

No, don't replace es for es+armor, hell, you can't even do that, you just need better gear and to clean up your tree pathing.

Buy yourself a 5l chest, too.

is median xl better than grim dawn?

Cuz grim dawn is based as fuck once you hit 50 and start equipping legendaries

Get better resists.

In a pinch stuff like Aurumvorax (for casters) and Purity aura (for people with mana to burn) will do. A lot of people also run with high resist rings.

Grimdawn is dogshit. Even D3 is better than grimdawn. Not that you care since you're from reddit.

OP here managed to get some unique bow with 130% phys attack. cruel act 2. Is this good?

It's not hard.
Choose the champion ascendancy
Stack life nodes

Or stack life nodes

Or stack life nodes

Is it the Deathharp? That shit lasted me till A1 Merc. But you need a build to take advantage of the all the extra phys damage though.

Care to explain? Looking up D3's "meta," it's going to be a feat to trump D3's terrible game designs and the like. I've been hearing good stuff about Grim Dawn.

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAN-KR4WbiuyDFSfpAlSu04-Msf6zS6590lcrGyUi9L2C2VtrF2wLbRm86pMnyT19GBFQCPTAVL6Kf8a_l-yKa9s1uWpDoS_K0yepflnBxfIeTLOnKx1PtAzsGAQHLR_qukZxsnBwux8CDXw0CuGIsHdildkTNsVXyTdmR7cvb4t62CQo-jeDLKYBb6cIgsem6-L3j0bZC-vu0_uESB0Um6Ey0ah9E2z311xr-tJFR1qRBknMvMNtFm8XL4hAaqxEBKrEJKrjamTnJLCmrBCXhWA26VXWgKSQM025HapmnnIPWfMaOJBVnz4t0gGRJy-P-lxAh8unm3WezxVUvRXtlovVuQAAAAA=

(Hopefully I did it right)

I played with the builder for my Necro build. Feel free to tear it apart.

When it comes to gear, what should I look for?

if its death harp you set my nigga
i used that shit for eons on an ice shot build. I actually think I used it all the way into maps until I got a really good deal on a heavy hitting phys 5l bow.

user, you don't need life on the tree if you focus on energy shield and you don't need any damage scaling either
you don't need any mana scaling either since you're not spamming spells over and over

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAN-KR4WbiuyDFSfpAtOPjLFLrhslIvTZW2wLbRmTJ8k9fRgRUL6Kf8a_l-yKa9s1uaEvytMnqX5ZwcXyHkyzpysdT7QM7BgEB-q6RnFwux8CDXw0CuGI2RM2xVfJN2Yvb4t6KPo3gyymAW-nCILHpuvi949G2Qvr7tP7hEgdFDLRqH0TbPfXXGv60kVHWpEGScy8w20WbxcviEBqrEQEqsQkquNqZOemrBCXhWA26VXWgKSQM025Harw1UlRlS4HHu-I-TfXz0mx_kkqmPqA2CQRlg==
you'll have energy shield out coming out of your ass and ears
oh, and you'll never reach level 100 so plan with around 30 points left unused

for gear it's just energy shield, % increased energy shield, resists and stats you need for the gems you are using which you don't pick up on the tree like strength for the vitality aura and melee splash for your zombies, dex for chain for your spectres assuming you're using the act 4 revenants
and maybe, if you're doing it right, you are running with a summoned guardian equipped with a leer cast helmet, dying breath and Zahndethus' Cassock unique items and then gloves and boots with high fire, cold and lightning res in a +2 minion skills helmet
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Leer_Cast
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dying_Breath
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Zahndethus'_Cassock

Actually it is death harp. wow

forgot to mention, pure necro summoner builds are basically aurabots / support builds that stands behind their minions and runs away when their minions start taking too much damage
don't let the guardian die even though that is highly unlikely since the fucker will be running around with 12-20k HP and don't let the spectres tank too much damage either since they're a bitch to resummon
and any chance you get to summon good map spectres you take it since they'll scale to the map level you get them in

How expensive to all three items generally manage to be? If it is affordable then I am finally going to force myself to play necromancer past level 20

When do exalts start dropping?
Any advice for someone about to start using maps?

Alright, we're do I start? Right, first of all, don't do 123 point trees, since that implies level 100, which is a real grind to get to for a new player, so aim at a build that's "complete" at 90, so 113 points if you're going to use chaos innoculation or 112 otherwise.

Second, if you see fully linked shapes between the nodes in your tree, it probably means you can remove nodes and still have everything you need, in other words you have inefficiencies. see pics related, in the first one I crossed out the mana/regen nodes because you probably won't need them, but if you remove the rest the tree still works, you just have less int, in the second one you can remove either the top or bottom node and it still works.

Third, if it doesn't say "minion damage" or "x damage for minions" or has minion somewhere in the text, the damage won't benefit your minions, so it;s completely useless for a summoner, like the chaos and phys damage wheel you grabbed. I think I see what you were going for, you wanted to scale the Beacon of Corruption damage with your own chaos damage, but it doesn't work like that since it's the minion's damage, not yours.

Fourth, you can either go full life, hybrid life/energy shield, or chaos innoculation (CI), if you have a low amount of life, and a lot of energy shield, you'll eventually get fucked by chaos damage, probably a boss, but it could be some regular mobs with special mods, or even regular mobs if you're low enough on life. So what you want to do is either drop some energy shield nodes and get life, or drop *all* the life nodes and get CI. If you're going hybrid, try to get at least 120% life from tree, though I would shoot for a higher amount.

Fifth, don't pick necro aegis, it's only used with some specific meme shields and if you DO use a shield, it'll be the source of like a third of your energy shield, although I would aim for eventually getting a 5link pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Femurs_of_the_Saints

they are all usually pretty cheap since demand is pretty damned low
although many people just vendor them so there might not be that many on poe.trade

watch out for reflect, don't blow your chisels on maps below t9, transmute and roll with alts low maps, alch and go mid maps and actually roll maps so they get packsize with your high tier maps

*actually roll HIGH maps with chaos orbs so they get pack size

I appreciate the help, guys. I'm feeling more comfortable with the tree thanks to the feedback. I'll probably go full lifes, so I'm a little meaty.

Also is it worth going for those x% chance to get a charge on kill nodes after Conduit or are they just a waste of skill points? On one hand, you are getting charges, on the other you are using 4 skillpoints if you want the full benefit

well it's 12% to get charges on kill, i would get it

Depends on how lazy you are when it comes to generating charges.
As with other stuff, it's a trade-off. If you use a curse (assassin's mark) to generate (power) charges that you use in your build, you probably don't want the additional points. But by taking the points, it leaves you open to use a defensive curse instead, making you more durable.

wait
do you mean that it simply isn't possible to make an optimized character immediately after purchasing a new copy of the game, even with foreknowledge of the game?

You don't purchase the game, it's free to play, the learning curve is a bit steep but just read up and your first character will turn out fine, but will probably die to something dumb.

life dont matter in PoE every cuck will say you otherwise but what matter in PoE is damage and evasion. YOu can litarally kill uber atziri with 1 hp and 1damage not even joking end game is fuck shit

you'll be meaty as fuck with all that energy shield
it's not too uncommon to have upwards of 14k energy shield with good gear

while technically that is true, spelldodge caps at 75%, and evasion is entropic, so an atiziri spell would kill you 25% of the time, and a pack of white tittybitches would kill you if you stand in the direction they fire for a couple of seconds