Action Games

Been a while since we've had a thread talking about the must play action games, so let's remedy that. Also, has somebody updated the cuhrayzee action games list yet? I figure it has been a while so if not that might be something to fix as well.

So, what are you playing?

Games that aren't QTE-riddled wanking with cartoon writing made by Japanese mid-life crises.

Playing DMC4 right now.
Haven't played it in awhile.

HOW DO I GET THE LIFE ORB AT THE TOP OF THE MINESHAFT WITH NERO?!

So what are you playing?

I can't remember the name of the move or if you need to buy it, but it you do the spinning dash attack, the one that gives you a free rev on you motorsword thing, off the edge you should reach it.

Finally got around to playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma and having a blast. Just best that skeleton dinosaur boss and loving the fuck out of the Vigoorian Flail. I didn't know I could still have this much fun with vidya.

also, anyone have that list?

Thanks

Original Xbox emulation needs to git gud already, I want to replay Ninja Gaiden Black real bad. I am a bit scared that it won't be as good as I remember it though, in my memory it was excellent from start to finish.

the only part that sucked was the military base level where you have to use turrets and I think the bow.

It's a fucking shame that one of the best action games ever came out on a platform that few people bought.

The XBOX was a great console but it was all about PlayStation 2 back then.

the new Transformers game is pretty fun

Where my viewtiful bros at?

Fuck I wish I could play Bayonetta on my shitty pc because i'm really fucking poor and cannot afford a console

I got an action game for ya. It's called…

YOUR MOM

Finished Bayo 1 again and it's still an absolute dream (apart from when the frame rate dies).
Apart from that and Viewtiful Joe, havn't played many proper action games.

Tried a demo for one of the Ninja Gaiden games, and I couldn't even hurt this black-cube magician (maybe I was tired or missed something obvious).

What would you all recommend playing for Action titles?

If I can get Devil May Cry, should I play all 4?

Are action RPGs good enough?

1 has great atmosphere and bosses and some pretty badass moments and is still fun to play

2 can be fun with really low expectations it's really easy and there is allot of
boring walking.
So people say to skip 2 and for good reason but i think it's worth playing at least once.

3 is seen as the best it has the most weapons, moves and bosses.

4 is as good as 3 when it comes to gameplay if not better. but it's only half a game since half way threw you switch characters and replay all the levels and bosses in reverse.

For 3 and 4 make sure you get the special editions since they come with extra characters to play as.

Thanks man!

If you plan to try DMC3 on PC, get the Style Switcher mod, it fixes most of the port issues which can be crippling depending on your setup. I too have a soft spot for DMC1, it's not cuhrayzee as we know it but some of that boss and enemy design is amazing.

Also
He was really interesting in 3, why did they dumb him down so much? Trick cancels trash every enemy in the game, boss lifebars evaporate to random button mashing, and his DT is completely stupid.

reminder that if you haven't played the Rockman 4 Minus Infinity romhack, you are missing out on life.

xbox consoles are pretty cheap right now, I got one off craigslist for $30 and put in a HDD with shitloads of game ISOs

because Dante was a fluke, it's made even more obvious with Lady and Trish. Trish seems to be the second fun accident Capcom has made while Vergil is just sonic but after you get used to flash cancels there's not much else to him. Or that could just be because the base game is 8 years old and we'e gotten used to….well everything

Still fun to dick around with though

2 gets fucking TOUGH when you ramp up the difficulty, I don't even know how you're supposed to deal with Minotaur or trismagia on DMD since their strings fly through your dodge roll.

Even basic enemies get irritating since it takes a million years to kill them unless you DT into million stabs (which is at the end of a string for no goddamn reason) which requires a ton of setup.

man, I need to play DMC2 again

if i have to complement DMC2 on one thing

The Despair Embodied is a Badass final boss

and this guy makes the fight look awesome on DMD

I'm starved for eastern non-over-the-top action games.
Like Jedi Knight games or Rune.
When we will get new game like that?

Souls and Monhun franchises are kinda reminiscent of that, but even then they have their distinctive japanese feeling with stamina management and occasional crazy moves, that launch opponent into the air.

Western action renaissance when?

Don't be sad, user.

A used 360 Slim in good condition goes for around $100 on eBay. Even if you're really fucking poorfag, that $100 + $20 (or so, for the game itself) will pay itself back in spades. Bayonetta is a euphoric experience every red-blooded man should have at least once.

Stop being a fag and buy the console, its dirt cheap and hacking it is incredibly easy.

Sounds like you played a demo for 3, its pretty brutal, best way to hurt those guys is with charge attacks.

Give NGB or 2 a try.

I just managed to do Bloody Palace with Vergil without taking damage.

I feel like my dick has shrunk a few centimeters and my eyes got slanted.

Yes