Tense movies

What are some movies that handle tension extremely well? What makes for a tense scene?

From what I've seen, in order for a scene to be tense the audience needs to believe that the protagonist can fail, so predictable movies don't do this very well. An example would be a generic action movie where the protagonist is fighting some random bad dude, you know that generic mook with a gun #5423 isn't going to kill Captain America, so even though there should be tension you don't feel any. Movies can get around this by freely killing off characters unexpectedly or by making failure something other than death, like the band instructor being disappointed in Whiplash if the protagonist fucks up.

Green room was just too much for me to really even believe the tension. Along with the stupid shit it really killed the tension. Mainly it starts okay but it goes down hill after that, losing the ability to hold and create tension. Overall I just found it stupid getting stupider. There is no way to get tension like that.

Whiplash

UMMMMMMMMMM… NOT MY TEMPO.

Heat

The 1969 Italian job ending

Sicario

All the vietnam scenes

I think you meant to post this in the "boring af movies" thread

Children of Men is a shit movie featuring a shit actor.

My nigga

>>>/reddit/

It was such a gay Holla Forums film that I feel cliched even saying so. The story didn't even make any sense.

Green room rules. Make sure you check out his other movie Blue Ruin too.

Oh and this german flick called Victoria. It's starts slow but once it gets going…. fuck me. It's all one shot too, the entire movie.

*one take i mean.

Tony. It's quite short, and not very well known.

Half of the movie the guy is relaxed/doped as hell at seemingly hard to steer situations, like almost everyone
That or Owen is a sub-par actor

Children of men did it very very well. They established a believable world with the potential for danger. Then when they were hiding out in that house in the sticks, danger came knocking. The car scene was intense. After that it calmed down, but the horrors kept coming steadily with the train ride and front line tank shit.

The green room was shit though, It felt like a budget film made by an amateur director.
Le strong girl makes it out and I knew it as soon as she had that moment with the injured guy, the ending was really sloppy too.

The welcome to Juarez.

Dr Strangelove is a very tense movie, Eyes wide shut too is extremely tense in the mansion.

t. Unfortunate frontiersman

right back atcha

LMFAO
what a joke thread