CRASH BANDICOOT IS BACK

CRASH BANDICOOT IS BACK

UGLBO

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm glad I chose to watch this this time.
Who else is hype for Crash Untold this weekend?

I mean crash retold

HI I'M CRASH

I'm ready

CRASHING

HERE

Post more Crash Retold reaction images. I have yet to save them.

Already grabbed the lewds to dump on /vp/ for arc 2.

I want another Crash, but I don't trust this industry to ever make anything good.

I got you, my man

Only one I have

Here's one that I made.

We need to replace the current industry and make gaming great again.

BHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

and people think Naughty Dog are good at what they do.

I'm excited.

OH HECK

they're taunting us, the motherfuckers.

not only they abandoned their fanbase now they're shitting on them

I ain't giving views for shit.

Also this isn't a fucking easter egg

I'm pretty ready.
We still have Legend of Crash: Advent Children and the crash retold/super smash bros z crossver,

Can you believe that video games actually used to make you do more than just press a button when it tells you to?

They were so mf hard, omg. Like, how did anyone even play them?

We make a special trip just for you.

Same low price.

Naughty Dog was always garbage

What a surprise.

This is way too meta for me

I feel weird watching this and I don't know why. Like someone, somewhere, is trying to say something.

That's absolutely unrealistic.

thats why its a videogame, in that sense, they got it right.

I thought Uncharted was a video game series, not a movie

Is this just the NA version? Because the PAL version had none of that.

She's not teaching him anything complex, just "Push start to start game" or "press button to do things"

The button reminders are definitely just for the casual retards who aren't used to using their brains for any amount of time i.e. the Uncharted fans

I'm happy.

what year is this uncharted game set on?
90s?

This is fake isn't it?

You people are fucking with me right?
There's no way they would have put crash bandicoot in a naughty dog game post kicking out Cerny Gavin and Rubin.

What's the context for this exactly? I mean if Nathan just found a PS1 on top a CRT in the corner of some ruin that you could play THEN it'd be an Easter egg Sort-of like what Wolfenstein did, but this seems plot relevant.

And that's fucking bullshit. Like what you'd expect a an actual TV character to say, not a video-game character to say. Like has Naughty Dog forget what the fuck they make? Did a dead dev rise from the grave, hard code a section of Crash into the game and the regular devs had to work around it by putting in hand holding bullshit, a timer, and "Witty" dialog. And Crash never had a score screen like that.

Sadly it seems too real to be some clever editing. The crash game is clearly different with the button prompts, the voice actors have lines directly related to Crash I don't think there's a situation where Bandicoots would come up otherwise. And Crash never had a score screen.

It could be like a fan voice recording right?
This is seriously fucking with my head

No, there's too much production that has gone into it be a simple hoax. Though I do wonder why they have the bolder chase level and not N. Sanity Beach as the level he plays through.

I'd be pretty interested in hearing the mouth-breathers complain they didn't know what to do in the mini-game. Like it wouldn't be the most natural thing in the world to do for anybody with a functioning brain.

And hear them bitch about Tawna Is the game out yet so there's more then one video for evidence?

neat

What does Dr. Nintendo have to do with this thread?

This feels wrong.

Man Crash was really a cool series. In my opinion it was the hardest of the collectathon games but I loved a challenge.

Were any of the games past Warped any good?

There's only jumping and spinning in the first one, so that makes it even worse.
I'd give my right arm, to see your average "Gafer" 100% the original version.

Crash team racing was great and twinsanity was one final spark that the series had after which it got passed around like a 10 $ whore at a frat party between various devs and publishers that simply didn't care.

Didn't triangle bring up how many lives you had, too?

Most of them were good, bar titans and mind over mutant and boom bang if you have nobody to play with. Most of the games aren't going to be ejaculate with such velocity it would propel you all the way to phoenix if that's what kind of expectation you are setting up for yourself.

Oh, and personal tip, if you do end up playing Twinsanity and Wrath of Cortex, play the Xbox versions, (or the ps1 version of Wrath of Cortex) they work better.

Can't wait

Whoa baby, I fucked that up, I mean the Greatest Hits/Player's Select version. of the PS2 Version of the game.

throughout the whole series, N.Gin wanted to fuck this bandicoots ass

N. Gin is Holla Forums

That's misogyny!

dont you mean N. Giny?

It's honesty, Also Med school girls are the best

In a game series that features not one but TWO built for sex bandicoots , that were too hot to stay in the series Or even make it in the first place you want the one that's most fit to cuddle. You're one of them there queers aint ya?

Flag girl but whatever.

welcome to the 21st century grandpa

sexy = trashy slut
cute = sexy

>>>/furry/

come on user you know you want that australian bandicunny as much as anyone

My post isn't relevant to the thread so I'm not bumping it you newfag fuck.
That's what sage was originally intended for.

I'm not a pedophile, thank you very much.

At least post the original Bandicunny and not that abortion from the ps2 games.

she doesn't look underage to me

That 'easter egg' looks very awkward

i'll fite you m9

Also, where the fuck was he supposed to go and look for a battery in the middle of Australian wilderness?

never made a clock battery out of a potato and a pair of electrodes?

in yer mum's cunt

Twinsanity was great, everything after, the games where Coco with that white thing on her head, aren't.

The Potato has no power it completes the circuit for the battery in the kit, you retard.

maybe he just steals the battery from the nearest Evil scientists lab?

i mean shit there's like 5 of those on Wumpa Island

I NEED MORE

Drake's wife is sexy. She reminds me Jennifer Aniston. Damn now I gotta go fap.

I hope to god that the actual player is playing as Crash and not just watching it.

theres another video with different gameplay.

looks like you get to play the level.

I don't even

You know, I had honestly forgotten about this stuff.

Crash was one of the first console games I played.

This explains a lot.

Twinsanity was pretty mediocre.
I enjoyed it, my problem was that it didn't let you choose the levels, it was pretty linear as well, and that would be ok if you could choose a level or at least go back to a checkpoint.

Nope, the original didn't had those.

Also, they look really poorly drawn.

This. When twinsanity came out, it spelled the death of crash for me. In my view, there hasn't been an actual crash game since wrath of cortex.

Certain crash forum I'm on is sperging out about this shit and has been combing over people's resumes and credits and shit for anything relating to activision, who supposedly currently holds copyright on the franchise.

So they put that shit in the video? For what fucking purpose? Are gamers that casual now that even need prompts in videos so they feel comfortable watching old games?

The developers could just be morons.

Fuck

I just spent like 5 minutes thinking that a blonde haired girl in a black tub-top was hugging him and then I realized it was left arm with his shoulder pad and elbow cover

FUCK.
THEM.

According to the comments, Activision isn't even listed in the credits. Does this mean the old rumors are true and Sony/Naughty Dog actually bought the franchise back?

NEW CRASH WHEN

yeah its gmod

you stupid fuck

I feel physically uncomfortable

This gets me every time god damn

I puked in my mouth a lil bit

The GBA games were good too.

Huh?

Why? What's wrong with analog sticks?

Did they actually set a date for this series before? If this was modern times, they'd be watching a let's player instead. They'd probably be fans of dsp. Why was there a timer and button prompt when Crash didn't even have that? Unless there is a jab at retro or modern games, just seems weird to get that wrong.

You guys realize that a dualshock version of the PS1 controller released a few years after launch right? Kind of like the Genesis Six-button.

Yes but few games actually are supposed to played with it.

It's like playine the NES with a turbo controller, don't be a faggot

i chuckled

You realize that the model has DS3 style triggers right?

wait what

The model in the video is an hybrid between an old dualshock and a DS3.

lel, they couldn't even get the controller right

Wow you're right, what the fuck?

The fuck are you on about? Plenty of ps1 games supported analog sticks. Even crash 2 supports them. Hell, ape escape isn't even playable without them.

All PS1 games support analog sticks. That's not my point. Most games weren't made to be played with analog sticks, they were done for d-pads, that's how they should be played

Okay neogaf, it's okay to take that sony cock out of your mouth now.

The sony d-pad is the best d-pad. They're not the best controllers, but as far as d-pad that's the most comfortable to use.

I can't find a list anywhere but I know that the Crash games after the first one have analog support, as do the three Spyros. And of course there's the famous "clown farts" edition of Resident Evil.

I don't think it's really comparable to turbo controllers because no games are designed with turbo in mind, it's just a cheat. Whereas dualshock only works with games where the developers programmed support in. The original controller is not really ideal for 3D movement, so I think many devs were happy that Sony came out with analog controllers so that their games could have control more like N64.

You're right, what's up with that?

Again, all PS1 games support analog, you just switched between d-pad input and analog by pressing the button between start and select.

That's not the point. Analog makes games easier, just like turbo does

There is no reason to use the original controller if you have one with the sticks. It's not like you're forced to use them. Again, it's like complaining a game shows someone playing a Genesis with the six-button, or a Gamecube with the wavebird.

My mother used to do that with my dad, he wasn't technologically impaired, on the contrary, he worked on a subcontracted sony tech service, fixing old CRT TVs, cassette players, later their consoles too, etc. But definitely not very adept at vidya. Meanwhile, she was the one to buy a Famicom in the first place, for herself, not long before I was born.
Sage for blogpost.

Do you even think before you type this shit out? Games have to be specifically programmed to support analog.

I assume chase levels/games are what most people are familiar with playing despite just having normal stroll being less frustrating(there might be some in the crate bridge near the end if you're aiming for all crates).

They don't.
The analog sticks were an afterthought. There's plenty of games that came out before them where you could switch between dpad and analog by pressing the analog button, which basically switched control from dpad to analog sticks.

Look, if it really did work like you said, then it wouldn't make games easier, because that kind of unsupported switching would just make the stick act like a d-pad, ergo with only eight directional inputs with no analog functionality. A game has to be specifically programmed to take it analog functionality for the stick to give any sort of advantage over the d-pad.

Analog doesn't make every 3d game easier though, I played all the crash games using the d-pad, even though I did have an analog controller. It seemed much more comfortable for the linear playstyle it had.
Meanwhile other games like spyro I would always choose analog, but condemning it because "it makes things easier" as if it was a cheat, is fucking retarded. It just gives the player an extra option for comfort, no need to act like some purist faggot just because the console wasn't originally shipped with them.

Not everyone treated the d-pad the same way the n64 did m8s.

Probably because uncharted is the kind of game to have similar traps. I mean, it pretty much straight out of Indiana Jones.

Citation needed, nigger. I am relatively well versed in the playstation gamepad communication protocol and there is nothing to indicate that what you say is anything but bullshit.

There are three possible scenarios here:

1. The gamepad converts analog input into dpad input silently when analog is disabled. hint: it doesn't. Some third party controllers do this, however.
2. The game specifically reads the analog inputs sent by the controller.
3. You're full of shit.

Also,
Crash 1 doesn't. Now fuck off.

PSX games needed an SDK update to support the analog controller and later the DualShock. The "analog" button is there for compatibility with older games. If you play an early release, it won't recognize the controller when analog is turned on.

Sony was clever with this, by the way - letting the games toggle the analog mode. It sucked on the Saturn, because it was a physical switch that you needed to keep turning on/off.

Depending on the game, this will either result in:
1. No effect
2. Controller not recognized
3. Garbage data

Some later games - those compatible with the analog controllers - let you turn the analog mode off as your choosing.

There may be confusion here because of the PS2. If I recall, there were some differences in controller handling. I think the PS2 in PSX mode does a little more work with the controllers than a real PSX console. I had a Dual Analog flight stick and remember it working only on one of the two, playing the same PSX game.

I would prefer they would not touch it. See what happens when a popular mascot becomes too big for their own good. What a terrible time to be alive.

Yeah I don't get why people get mad about it, I only had one of the damn analog controllers but I thought it was pretty common in other households

No given the state of the industry I'd rather franchises staid dead and revered for what they were than that they got "rebooted"

Because more than likely they didn't have a psx when it came out due to being too young or choosing a different system.

I've been on Holla Forums for 5 minutes and we're off to a roaring start.

Did everyone just forget about Ape Escape?

See the first part of that spoiler. I hate remembering the past.

You're lying.
At least the majority of Holla Forums started with the 5th console generation. Right?

with how many faggots cream their pants over their memories of the PS2 and Newgrounds I have to doubt that.

I'm… not sure how to take this post, because I do that.

Someone's never played with a Saturn pad.

that was actually informing, thanks user

speak for yourself, I started on the 4th

Newgrounds is more a part of an internet generation rather than console though, like very-early 4chan and SA. Which are not necessarily correlative with vidya.
Then again, the average age here does vary from 17-21 I'm pretty sure.

4th gen, checking in. Played a lot of SSF2 when I was little and sucked even worse at fightans.

>tfw thirty six years old

The average might be higher than that, I'm just throwing a guess, but the fact that there are people in their mid-teens around is not a secret whatsoever.

I'll bet you that three minutes of Nathan Drake on a sofa playing Crash Bandicoot is the best part of that game

the average is just the average, it's a bell curve

i'm in my 40s and there are a number of anons in their 50s and 60s. we don't bring it up is all.

vast majority is college age, i'm sure.

That's why I said "at least", m8.
Probably could have stuck the phrase in a better spot, but whatever.

PS4 games should not be talking shit about load times

Doesn't it feel like shit arguing about video games with children all day?

I wish.

No more than interacting with anyone else in public. At least here I don't have to put a public filter on what I say.

Again, tale the sony cock out of your mouth or go back to neogaf.

Well, Luffy did win that one EVO with an original playstation pad.

I mean, that's gotta count for something.

makes sense tbh fam

you know I wish I had it but I never got it
Had me some Croc, Spyro, Crash and even Pacman World, but never got that one

Not gonna click on that embed, webm that shit, nigga. But if it's that video where they don't talk about gameplay at all and act as if character design is what made the series good, then that video is retarded.

Anyway, CTR is by Naughty Dog and arguably the best kart racer ever. Certainly the best of its gen. Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity are by Travelers' Tales and both quite enjoyable, but were both fucked by the publishers rushing them out unfinished and making the devs restart the game and shit. They both show a lot of promise that wasn't quite reached, especially Twinsanity, which tried to evolve the series in a logical direction, but even though they don't reach their full potential, they're still fun.

The GBA games are okay.

Coco is best waifu.

Cortex's lab is on another island, next to the one Crash lives on though.

Wrath of Cortex is just a worse version of Warped though. Twinsanity tried to move things in a more Jak & Daxter like direction, which is obviously what Naughty Dog would have done, and actually made the game feel like it was taking advantage of the PS2. The game has its flaws, but I can respect what it was trying to do. And the gameplay is ultimately pretty much the same as Wrath of Cortex anyway.

Presumably it's gameplay in an Uncharted game, and gameplay in Uncharted games is full of prompts reminding you that you have to press triangle to pick up a weapon, every single time you ever get close to a weapon. The players need the prompts or they won't know what to do.

Drake is supposed to be a pleb who doesn't understand how to play video games at all.

Ape Escape is Japanese as fuck. At least if they were to bring it back it probably wouldn't be SJW.

ALSO, HEY SONY, GLAD YOU STILL CAN'T INSTALL CRASH BANDICOOT ON A VITA
FUCK YOU.

I just noticed, Crash even had a unique animation.

They touched him for sure.