PURE, UNBRIDLED HATREAD

What's the one game that you hate more than anything and the more you think about that game the more you hate it? Let the autistic rage flow forth. For me, it was Borderlands 2.
I liked the first Borderlands; it had flaws, so I can understand why many disliked it, but I saw potential in it. Then Borderlands 2 came out.

I think the only thing I liked about BL2 was the music, but that's because Jesper Kyd is great; other than that, I despised everything about that game. I won't mention the abysmal writing since everybody on this Chinese Imageboard should know about the memes (If you don't know how bad it is, read this: borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_2_pop_culture_references), so I'll be focusing on the gmaeplay.
As you can guess from what I've written hitherto, I thought the gameplay in Borderlands 2 was hot-garbage. The reason being is that it was worse than Borderlands 1 in almost everyway; from the gunplay to the loot, everything about the gameplay was considerably worse than Borderlands 1, and I'll explain why.

In Borderlands there's several different manufacturers with a gimmick to their weapons; Tediore weapons are cheap but reload fast. Torgue weapons do more damage but have a significant accuracy penalty, Jakobs do the most damage but have a significant RoF penalty, DAHL have the least amount of recoil, but overall average; S&S have the highest magazine capacity, a slight damage boost, but has a fire-rate and reload speed penalty; Maliwan have elemental damage, Hyperion have the highest accuracy, and atlus do everything well. Besides these gimmicks, all the weapons function the same; Sniper-rifles and shotguns are either semi-automatic or pump-action, assault rifles and pistols are either fully-automatic or semi-automatic, and so on.
In Borderlands 2, each of these weapons function differently as well as having a gimmick. The gimmicks are carried over from the first game, but now they have a secondary gimmick that's fucking retarded which carry onto all of their weapons:
>Jakobs is the only "decent" one, their gimmick is that they're all semi-automatic besides the sniper rifle

Other urls found in this thread:

borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_2_pop_culture_references
rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10267
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Part duex

The gameplay in Borderlands 2 is also shit. The enemies in this game are fucking bullet sponges; even when you get nothing but consecutive headshots, they still take fucking forever to kill one of those fucks. The weapons feel like shit, even the only "decent" guns from the awful selections still don't feel all that good, a lot of the skills in the game are just shitty "+5% per rank" passives that you have to slog through before getting to the interesting shit to be fair, this was a problem in BL1 that they neglected to fix, the AI is fucking stupid except when you get into "final stand"; then the enemies are fucking brilliant because they know the gameplay mechanic so they book it away from you and hide so you can't get back up, and the loot is abysmal.

The loot in Borderlands 2 is completely fucked. In Borderlands 1, you'll at least find two, three, or even four legendaries throughout your playthrough, however in Borderlands 2 you'll be lucky to find two purples, let alone one legendary, and why would you ever get a legendary? Legendaries, in addition to having that shitty secondary gimmick that weapon manufacturers have, and a third and sometimes worse gimmick than the second one. For example, there's a tediore legendary that, when thrown, flies around, shoots enemies with shitty accuracy, and generally cannot kill a single enemy. Then you have OP broken ones like the one that has infinite ammo in the magazine. Generally speaking, purples are better, but good luck finding one unless you cheat and give yourself infinite keys for the chest in the main hub that always gives you purples.

I could go on for hours about how shit Borderlands 2 is, but I won't. The series is pretty much dead for the most part until Gearbox's shitty FPSMOBA bombs and they're forced to resurrect Borderlands for a even shittier sequel.

Whoa do you really expect me to read all that?

the first Borderlands was seriously one of the most boring and blandly designed games I've ever played so I can only imagine how shit 2 is. yes, I've seen the writing.

I gotta agree completely OP, you know what makes it unbearable though? I paid for it.

Nepnep

All RPGs

Doom 4 has made me hate doom as a whole now.

You're one sneaky kike OP, but you cant fool me.

That's because you're a slut that only rode it for the memes you worthless cunt.

This. There was nothing interesting about the first blands, it's amazing they managed to make 2 worse. I don't understand how it gets its dick sucked so much.

I agree with OP. Borderlands 1 was a great game. It was unpolished as HELL, but if you played it properly, with no less than 4 people, then all its flaws were washed right the fuck away. It was solid, and the series seemed like it could only go upwards from there.

Then BL2 came and shat all over everything. Seems to be a trend now a days. Devs will make a solid if unpolished first game, and instead of staying the course and refining things for the 2nd and eventual 3rd game in the series, they'll instead choose to try and reinvent the wheel. Then they inadvertently screw with what made the game appealing in the first place, fuck it all up, and the series is instantly dead.

As for me, I hate Undertale. That game is dogshit. Its writing is shit. Its forced moral quandaries are shit. Its music is massively overrated. Its gameplay is okay, at best. I didn't pay one damn bit of attention to the fanbase before playing the game, so I would like to believe my judgement was unbiased and pure.

The game is just shit. I want the 4 hours or so of playing it back.

When I was a kid I loved racing games, and I traded a game with a friend. I gave my copy of HL2 for the Xbox for an interesting looking game called Juiced. It's supposed to represent street racing, and I loved NFS Most Wanted, so I traded.
It's fucking shit. It's got neat ideas, like using a proper calender to represent timings for street races, and actors who negotiate things with you. It's also got a thing where you can't savescum by turning the Xbox off, because it'll know. Too bad the handling is absolute ass. Front wheel drive cars don't turn, rear wheel drive cars turn but don't actually change direction, and 4x4s aren't available at the start and are barely an improvement. If you want to win you crash into the side and slide your way around the track. Any money you earn goes into fixing your car, and repairing any damage caused to other cars.
It had potential but it's handling makes it unplayable. Not to mention how I lost my Half Life 2 to it, which I actually liked.

[your favorite game]

don't even get me started familia

the TF2 tough break update.
I could go on and on about how shit the weapon balancing for that was.
It was easily the most shit balancing update ever made to TF2.

I've already done this in another thread somne time ago but i hate no game nearly as much as i do that unpolished and highly praised shit that is farcry 3.

I don't really have a game I hate more than any other, but a lot of my "friends" play League of Legends. I'm all "meh" about it, but then I meet a guy at work who plays it nonstop and the tales he tells when I lend an ear about the shit community and the shittier moderation makes me beg to ask

Why the fuck do people even touch this game?

I'm gonna have to say that the Dark Souls/Bloodborne style of games brings me nothing but bad memories and abnormally high blood pressure. I've tried countless times to find the fun in these games, and I've sunk way more time than I think either series was worth into both trying to figure out why I wasn't "getting gud" or getting whatever was supposed to click to finally click. In the end I decided that memorizing an entire game's layout and every enemy's attack pattern to the point of perfection was way too focused of a game for me to have fun with, and every time I boot up either game I lose any urge to keep playing after twenty minutes or so. I could put up with Hotline Miami's definition of punishment, but there's nothing satisfying about Dark Souls or Bloodborne to me.

it's the video game equivalent of cigarettes. cheap, disposable crap that doesn't last long and ends up killing while burning a hole in your wallet in the meantime.

This. Borderlands just gets really old after a few hours, every mission and every fight is exactly the same, and you're locked into using one or two kinds of weapon with any effectiveness because of your class.

I played Undertale once, did the genocide route and had fun. No interest in doing the other routes because I want the game to be as difficult as Sans' fight.

Winning feels fantastic for some reason, but the community is cancer and it ruins friendships.
Source: me.

Different strokes for different folks.

undertale. that game makes me so fucking mad just because it exists and how it was marketed.
subversive garbage of the highest degree.

Smash 4.

Imagine Brawl gutted of its singleplayer content with way worse balance due to DLC Sakurai was too incompetent to fix. I could go on for hours about how broken the balance is (Like how heavyweights are simply impossible to use, even if you're playing a "viable" one like Ike because the time it takes to roll is shorter then the time it takes to attack, making it impossible to counter, and don't tell me to "read rolls" because its still not long enough to land an attack as a heavyweight) but I'm not going to waste that much time on that big of a turd. Its a total embarrassment to not just the Smash series but to fighting and competitive gaming as a whole.

also if you use it too long you start to smell bad.

The original Doom, the new one is 10x as good and you should all pre-order it :^)

KOTOR.

Jesus Christ do I hate this derivative piece of shit game, and I hate it all the more because everyone seems to think it's a good game for some bizarre reason.

It's the goddamn TFA of Star Wars games. I mean, it does nothing fucking original, nothing at all, and this when the whole fucking point of moving the action back a few thousand years was to let BioWare have creative freedom.

And what do they do with it? You have the not-Vader, the not-Star Destroyer, the not-TIE Fighter, the not-Stormtroopers, Sith and Jedi fighting, Republic and (Sith) Empire fighting. You have the droid duo (more on this later), the fucking Millennium Falcon expy, and all of this unimaginative, recycled shit on top of the usual BioWare writing, archetypical characters, childish choices and railroaded gameplay.

And the gameplay is pure console cancer with no depth or challenge to it. It's to RPGs what Call of Duty and Halo are to FPS games. It's what started BioWare's shitty clusterfuck of third person gameplay and complete lack of overview and control of the battlefield.

The best example of why KOTOR sucks dick is that shitty R2D2 stand in. The only fucking purpose he is in the game is because BioWare thinks every Star Wars game needs an R2D2 clone. Once you have it join your party you'll never give a shit about it again, it has no story, no agency, nothing, it's just a can on wheels you use to hack stuff with.

At least KOTOR II tried to do something with the character.

I hated this game more than any other game I've ever played, and I'm not sure why. I've certainly played worst games than The Last of Us, but none of them ever made this angry. Maybe it's because The Last of Us was the first "cinematic" game I've ever played(I rarely play anything made after the early 2000), and I just associate all of my hatred towards the "genre" with it.

wew lad

Top sperg

every facet of it, from the general design to the way dialogue is presented just reeks of "faggot who drinks more Starbucks than his muscle mass" and it just comes off as completely insincere.

Fuck off reddit undertale is shit I know

No, just no.

References != memes.

Not only that but it was horrendously imbalanced. Half of our damage was one guy just because he had a double anarchy and a hellfire. And rocket launchers
of which an entire tree of the berserker is dedicated to
do no damage to the final boss of the original game, meaning if you invested heavily into a fun explodey build, you just have to stand there or melee the boss.

Rebel Strike. Fucking Rebel Strike is the trash that killed the Rogue Squadron series besides Factor 5 crashing and burning with Lair.

That game is what happens every time a creator decides to change genres or add pointless shit that doesn't have anything to do with the core of the game. That pointless shit was every single on foot segment. In a series that is about flying and being an ace fucking pilot. Of course all the flight missions are as amaze as usual, but these stupid on foot segments are all over the fucking game, there are absolutely no flight only segments. Coop was fine though, but it was literally Rogue Leader coop.

Fuck that game, it's literally unplayable.

reported

What are you trying to prove, user? Just report and filter and don't give them a reason to respond, jesus fuck.

Rock and Roll Racing

You didn't even a single red text right you retard. Filtered.

BIOSHOCK INFINITE

My hate for this game is immeasurable, there probably isn't a single piece of media I abhor more.

I hope Levine burns in hell.

Filter works for you?

Because my ability to filter people has been completely disabled for weeks now. The option doesn't do anything at all, I can't even hide a single post.

It works for me on all boards but Holla Forums now. I made a thread on >>>/operate/ about it and somebody offered a solution to fix it but I don't want the fix to delete all my saved favorite boards so I'm just dealing with it.

>>>/operate/48437

I reported him.
See how easy that was anons? Do it some more instead of bitching.

if it makes you feel any better, Levine regrets that game

I hear you, m8.

Duke Nukem Forever, Dead Island, and the Battlefront reboot. Shame those games exist the way they do.

I hate TLOU because they managed to take such an interesting as fungus zombies and then manage completely fuck it up.
I also don't care the least about the stories or characters. We'll part of me cares about Ellie.

I hate Okami for being boring. I'm still bitter cause it was the last game I got hype for. That's way back in the PS2 era so I never get hyped for games anymore after Okami.

I liked the beginning of The Last of Us. Probably would have been a better game and story if it took place entirely in that initial outbreak time.

But that's always been my favorite part of zombie stories. The post-apocalyptic life of scavenging is boring as shit now, I find the early days of the zombie uprising to be far more entertaining. Chaos, panic, violence all around. You could tell a million stories of people responding to a situation like that. Sure, it basically makes it just another kind of disaster movie, but I find disaster movies far more fun than this bullshit that's been going on for years.

Joel and Tommy's Zombie Survival Adventures in Texas, would have been much more fun.

Fallout fucking 4. I knew it was going to be shit, my expectations were zero, yet it still managed to piss me off with how lazy it was! Take the very first vault, for example - the very first thing every player will explore and thus a place where the devs should show off, right? Instead, you get a linear fucking map with many doors conveniently blocked off, and with lliterally all the other people dead because lulz - bad luck! There was no story-related reason for you to be the sole survivor and there was no reason to block off half the vault. That is, no reason except laziness! I'd spend all day if I had to list every single fault on FO4, but I think this one hasn't been mentioned yet. It might seem small, but this kind of shit was throughout the entire game (or at least the three hours of it I saw before I got so disgusted that I uninstalled) and spoke volumes about just how little shit the devs gave about the product.

Halo

I additionally reserve a special place of scorn for the shit-eating retards who idolize the original Fallout games.

It's Fallout, what the fuck were you even expecting from the 4th game in a trash series?

That's not real! You fucking liar!

>borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_2_pop_culture_references

Confirmed for absolute plebeian tier adblocker

Get uMatrix

Didn't it get rebuffed

Skyrim basically came out around the time reddit got really popular and the faggot "Le epic meme" shit got really popular. I also associated the hype for this game with those faggots, because all the shitty cartoons and forced meme's came from them.

Outside of that I just flat out hated this game. I was originally coming from oblivion, which I liked for its color full fantasy art style, music, etc, and skyrim had none of that. The world was brown and faded and the music just was missing something. Ontop of that I was a stealthy bastard and the guilds I was lookign forward to were not just bad they where CRINGEY.

I think my favorite thing to do in oblivion was sneak around in the castles robbing useless shit, and sneaking through the huge sewer system the imperial city had when I was wanted, breaking into peoples houses from it and all sorts of shit. Skyrim didn't have this, it had nothing.

Touhou Project

I never stopped using backburner, through thick and thin, because for some reason the niggas still can't deal with my ambushes

They could have made another 1 or 2 level game
No, they went and took a fat dump, threw it in the air and said "look, it's another game, we'll call it bioshock shitfinite"
Pisses me right the fuck off

I just realized I accidentally linked this post.

That's the worst part, the axtinguisher changes would have been perfectly manageable if they didn't nerf the degreaser to oblivion and make the reserve shooter stop working with other weapons, since they brought back full crits for it.
Tough Break was a cruel update for pyros, and they still haven't changed a thing.

Thanks user

This shitsicle right here!

You ever play the sequel? It's actually pretty good even if it does look a bit rough around the edges.

I remember you could fall through the floor easily and just loot the place at your leisure. I did it way more often then I probably should have. There's was a catharsis to it I think.

I did a play through on a pirated copy and thought is was decent. Then I realized I had 100+ mods on already to bump it up to just mediocre and how trash it was.

Payday 2 is on my shit list. If it was just a shit game I could have happily ignored it. But I found it was fun for letting me indulge in my inner Khornate Berzerker and need watch drills.

The DLC it had at the time I was playing was still a bit excessive It's absolutely disgusting now with fucking 31 pieces of DLC and they still have the Microtransaction Safe/skin bullshit and locking the DLC content behind achievements sucked as well Granted waiting for it to drop regularly wasn't any better.

While Mayday 2 was glorious it made me drop the game drop and I haven't been back, fuck overkike and they seem to have gotten WORSE somehow..

One of only two games that I have ever uninstalled because they pissed me off.
The other one being Waifufarm after the fucking space kids playing vidya twist.
Whoever greenlit that writing ought to be hanged from a tree, shot, then run over by a tractor before being fed to the pigs.
TO THIS DAY I REMAIN FUCKING MAD

Now let me interfere for a fucking second. First Juiced game is supposed to be a simcade, kinda like ToCA and, later, GRID, except focused around street racing. And boy does it do a great fucking job at it.
And 2 is a fucking abomination that no one ever dates to speak of.

Why'd you uninstall Payday 2?
I mean, I think it was perfectly reasonable. I'm just wondering what the straw was that broke the camels back. I personally got bored of it once my friends and I got good enough that nothing had a sense of accomplishment anymore.

It was the combination of the sheer jewish-ness that was adding a fucking crate system to a premium game with DLC in the double digits and the gun "balance" update draining all the fun out of the gunplay by making the only mods that actually did shit come out of said crates.

Also, the new heist they added was a fucking bore, especially compared to the meltdown heist that came out for free before it.
Sage for glorified post edit.

Wut. I'll admit it's been a good fucking while since played it but it was pretty firm in the Arcade side of things. And not a very good one. Everything surround that was good though. Weird that I'm complain about it when my favorite series is the Tokyo Xtreme racer which is just that

Jucied 2 was pretty good though, enough for me to 100% though it's been a while since I've desired to play it.

You either have complete shit taste or never tried to play first game with a wheel. It's supposed to be bullshit hard, it's a fucking simcade. There is no other way around it.
Only those people who think of it as an arcade end up not liking it.

Luckily I evade their jewish schemes by just playing single player stealth.

What game, exactly?

Warframe.
Right after I got picked up by an actual clan too.
There is no worse feel in all of vidya than dropping a game you could have made friends in.

You bet your life I would
Post source

Oh, that makes sense. When I hear "waifu farm" I think of Harvest Moon.

I hate shoehorned "twists." Especially in games. It was done well a few times and suddenly every hack tries to come up with some MIND-BLOWING SURPRISE that will make all the kiddies squeal with glee as they talk to each other about it.

You can easily pirate all the DLC for payday 2 and can't be banned. Cheating in this game is ridiculously easy and it actually makes the game fun when you have 1billion dollars to buy all the guns/attachments/etc that you have unlocked. Then you can just worry about actually playing the game and having fun instead of grinding for bullshit.

I still wouldn't recommend anyone play this game regardless.

was meant for>>9240416

jesus christ what the fuck

I hear you. At the point that getting cards post-mission became a negative thing I think my friends and I started getting tired of it.

We also came to the conclusion that if we wanted to rush from 1-100, we'd just play Aftershock because it was mind-numbingly easy (and empty) compared to other missions and gave out stupid big rewards.

For me worst part of KOTOR was how game hypet you about Revan, how dangerous and powerful he was and all things he did good or evil.
But suddenly every one started saying Revan was't evil, he's good boy, he did't bomb that planet back to stone age and he was't relay evil Malaka was evil one!

This game right fucking here.

I love it as much as I hate it. It has a top tier soundtrack along with a decent storyline and a unique spin on Rube Goldberg machines.

I recently picked it up for mobile for whenever I got bored, but it only fueled by love hate relationship with it even more.

So what makes you hate it?

Holy fuck, thank you, I thought I was alone when I said its the worst RPG I've ever played.

The gameplay is shit, the UI is clunky when it has absolutely no right to be considering how braindead easy combat is to play out. The enemies are always either cannon fodder or oneshots with no inbetween. There's no real feel to the combat because it just feels like you just click on an icon and sit back and watch it play out, hoping its not oneshot bullshit.

The story is by far the worst part with a cliche filled shitshow storyline that never gets interesting, at least out of the 18 some hours I played. The plot twist is incredibly predictable due to the dreams, the companions never make you give a fuck about them because they have zero personality and seem to solely exist to help you in the already piss easy combat. Not to mention the fact that whenever they do talk to you, you can already tell what's coming simply from the mission alone making it even more mundane. Fuck the writing

The sound and atmosphere is extremely passable, its like a really dull Star Wars atmosphere (When usually it has great atmosphere) and the sound is pretty generic.

I finally gave up with the game at Manaan when I seemed to enter a loop of me dying in the court section (For a quest you fucking have to do if you don't have the skills for the other routes, which of course you don't because you make fucking chicken feed for XP, that being said I don't even remember if you can level up your skills, you probably can't considering how much of a piece of shit the game is) even when I tried every option. I was just holding out for it to finally get good and it just never did. Fuck this game, I got it for free and felt ripped off.

The fact that they instantly reverted the Demoman nerf and kept the Pyro and Heavy nerfs was almost worse, since it meant the classes that were already pretty niche had a lot less utility.

The buffs were supposed to kind of work in tandem- Degreaser/Axe can't kill Demomen as easily, but they can't sticky spam Heavies, and Heavies can't kill the designated flanking class with a flank.

And then they reverted the nerf on the most powerful and most useful of the three even after the nerf.

Fuck, I didn't think I was still angry about something from a game I quit two years ago.

Oh god, that fucking game.

I actually spent money on that and streamed that for Holla Forums. I spent two fucking dollars on that I could've spent on a soda or something.
It's shit from bottom to top.

For starters, the game was made for iPhones. The UI is barely changed, and so all the buttons are these ugly, low-res, big buttons.
Speaking of UI, there's no skip button and only three save slots. The menus take fucking forever to navigate.
The writing is shit. It's generic and boring, with a combination of "girls can make video games too" and "look at the sexy cat people!"
The art is horrendous. That pic is only photoshopped to add in Mike, and that's not even the worst art in the game.
Despite claiming to have three routes, I could only find one. I tried on the livestream to find any different writing, but after an hour (no skip button meant that I had to click nonstop for a full hour, by the way), I still only got one single ending.

Fuck that trash game, Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme at least has mild variations on dialogue and scenes with different choices.

thanks for reminding me that KF is dead. i feel sad for the two blokes I know that bought it. at 30 and the amount of content at first i was like, lolnope

glad my "wait and see' attitude lately is paying off

In all fairness, getting a co-op version of the entire Rogue Leader made it all worthwhile. I had loads of fun with that.

Fuck those on foot levels. I vaguely remember there being one for the Jedi Training of all bloody things. That if you failed that last quicktime event you got an instant game over regardless of lives left.

Am I thinking of the right game… it gives me a headache thinking of it because it sucked so hard. And was it this game that had some shitty references to the prequels?

Armikrog.

Let me preface this by saying I love The Neverhood to pieces.

I might have been able to forgive this uninspired, repetitive, annoying, glitchy game because I know it was funded by Kickstarter. But the shitstorm here and on halfchan Holla Forums was disgusting. Equating buying the game with Christianity and not buying it with le fedora meme was so despicable I was totally put off. Then when the game finally came out and it was fucking nothing should have been cathartic, but all the trolls that were hailing it as the second coming of Jesus (because Doug is a fundie right-winger get it?) were nowhere to be seen, waiting to ruin the next topic.

You dopes are exactly the same as those that buy "Gone Home" because of the politics surrounding it, just in a different flavor. The AAAAA games industry will just keep getting worse because it's what you deserve, because gossip is the only game you really play.

This game hurt me in ways I didn't know I could be hurt. It did at least teach me about the sunk-cost fallacy… But I still twitch when I think about this game.

I'm the only person in the world that loved this game. It had a lot of shitty faults but I'd play it again any day.

I call your sanity and taste into question.

Halo 4 is what made me cancel my Xbox Live and build a computer. It has quite literally not one redeeming quality to it, and that's being polite.

I present to you, my autism made material.

WHY HALO 4 FUCKINGS SUCKS
IN GENERAL

CAMPAIGN

SPARTAN OPS

MULTIPLAYER

NOTE: Weapon patch 6 months after release balanced all primary starters. DMR no longer breaks maps and all other primarys are now usable.

TL;DR - CoDification.

Don't forget those retarded fucking enemies that take an entire magazine of headshots to kill and if you miss even one single bullet you're shit outta luck since their shields regenerate to full in the time it takes to reload your shitty fucking DMR.

I'll never forgive myself for wasting my hard earned shekels on that rancid piece of shit

What did you expect when the people working on Halo hate the franchise?

Why do you think is trash?
Except for baiting

I hope you're not also ragging on KOTOR 2 because I love that game

hearthstone
it could have been better without the autistic amounts of RNG

I didn't know what to expect.
I just thought "neat, they're making a new halo, let's see what that's about" and I've never ever been so disappointed ever in my life.

inb4 hurr hurr it was always trash le peecee masturbate

Elder scrolls online and the new doom are both disgraces and are representative of everything that Is wrong with gaming in the current year

As a party game, I think it's the best smash so far. As a competitive game however, it isn't. I've been to ~8 tournaments and I've never seen a heavy character win.And don't get me started on bayonetta. She forces you to play 100% defensively and makes the game extremely boring while people like zero are too bitch to get her banned because they're afraid of controversy.

Thi4f.
I'm not even a huge fan of the series, but even I could tell how awful it was just watching it.

Go back to your Reddit circle jerk

Fucking WotR
It was a good game where skill and effort was rewarded by being able to access new equipment and techniques. Then the scandijews decided they had to milk more god damn kronas out of what was a game with a huge amount of potential and introduced a fucking cash-paytowin store where you could just BUY any piece of gear with real fucking money. Killed the shitdicking game and its almost good community. Nothing similar has arisen since, WotV is shit.

Same as with Mass Effect really. Even if there was some demand for depth and preparation it would be pointless because you have no fucking tactical camera and have no goddamn idea what the fuck is going on or what the other two shit for brains are up to, let alone the enemies. Playing that shitpile was a pure exercise in frustration for me, not just because of the camera, but because the fights are a clusterfuck or shit you have no control over.

BioWare had this brilliant idea of having a turn based system play out in real time, which in turn just means you're pushing the power and attack buttons without much clue what anything is gonna do. Not that it fucking matters since there is no thought involved in the battles, or the class choices, or the powers, or the equipment. The game is retard proof.

And to suck little Jimmy's dick and make him feel extra special. They only ever worship the PC and tell you how great and awesome you are for no apparent reason. It's such a cheap pandering tactic it made me cringe while playing it. The only small blessing is that Bastila isn't completely hideous.

And dear God did I hate the pointless fucking minigames. The card one wasn't that bad, but it lacked depth and diversity, but the racing and turret segments were such pointless drivel that had no place in a fucking cRPG.

I have flashbacks to the shitty temples and how claustrophobic they felt, all grey and dull and full of those annoying as fuck droids, or the first planet you are on and the rancors (or whatever the fuck they're called). Everything in the game seems to exist to make sure you're not having fun.

You're taking liberties with that definition user.

it was really just poorly aped from Ultima 7. they forgot the whole "combat takes a backseat to world exploration" that Garriot was going for with it.

Okay

To chime in on the Payday 2 hate:
I loved the shotgun in Payday. You could cancel the reload by sprinting and reload while jumping. It was also one of the only accurate shotgun in video game history. It behaved much like an actual shotgun.

So in Payday 2 they turned shotguns into the typical "doesn't do any damage from two steps away" shit. Fucking why? Seriously, why the fuck do that shit? You don't need that for balancing purposes in a game where you only ever play against the AI.

Can't a shotgun ever have some range in a game? Is that too much to ask for?

the excuse I've always heard is less balance and more something to do with the netcode. considering how pretty much every online shooter has hyper-accurate long range rifles that kill you instantly I'm pretty sure it's just bullshit that's thrown out the door to mask lazy design.

Fallout 4 stands as a testament to everything wrong in this shitty fucking industry. Like another user said earlier, I can't even begin to explain how much of a fucking disgrace this shitpile is because I'll be here all day.

Some poor basement dweller dedicated 100+ hours of his life on playing FO4 and another 100+ hours on writing a comprehensive 30-pages long review about it, so you don't have to

Some poor basement dweller dedicated 100+ hours of his life on playing FO4 and another 100+ hours on writing a comprehensive 30-pages long review about it, so you don't have to

FEAR 3
It couldn't have done anything more wrong if they tried.
Borderlands 2, PAYDAY2 and Killing Floor 2 all get mentions for fucking up something as simple as building off the previous games.

Yeah, after buying Halo 4 used a few weeks ago to finally check it out, I have to mostly agree with you. Though, to add to the campaign complaints, it seems like the enemies are more densely packed into corridors than the previous games.

Oh dear lord, this is some advanced autism that I will read.

They're on my shitlist but I gave them another chance with the skill beta. Shit's broken as fuck but it… actually shows potential. Hipfiring skill tree, ammo isn't fucking everywhere so ammo bags matter, grinder and dodge got nerfed (que the bawwing)

They even redid the skilltrees so there's an operator style suppressor build.

I read the whole thing. Took me just under an hour (with breaks). The only thing he really missed was the abysmal performance and myriad of bugs.

I imagine he didn't point it out because it's a given.

I think the only game that has made me genuinely angry as of late is Sticker Star, and the announced sequel, mostly because I've had to come to terms on how one of my favorite franchises as turned to absolute shit, and Nintendo considers that to be the new standard.

I feel like I could go on a mile long rant about everything that they fucked up and which looks to be in the sequel as well, but it's probably been said too many times already.

It really struck me harder than anything else because it made me realize that everyone who put their heart into the old games is either gone or powerless, and every other franchise is bound to go the same way.

It wasn't just the death of a good franchise but the death of my ever-dwindling faith in Nintendo.

Mass Effect 2

ME1 was a very flawed game and I didn't expect the sequel to be a great game but holy shit they made it so much worse, but what makes me hate it is that people actually praise it for being good, specifically in the writing department which is its worst aspect byfar.

What's really sad is that I spent 18 hours of my fucking life on that game, just waiting for the great part everyone was talking about, it never came. I really wish I could get that time back

This game doesn't exist and I hate you for mentioning it. This figment of your imagination wasn't worth the dual-layer disk that I may have ruined if this game existed.

The original dota

the old ass war craft 3 mod

killed the custom game community as every hosted game was dota so many of games of dota and if you hosted one of the other of hundreds of other great custom games you would get no one in the lobbies. god help you if you wanted to try out a game you made without a pre-made group of friends.

and then on top of that it turned bizzard into a bunch of fucking kikes, where it came to using their custom game editor. like in you know star craft 2? you bother reading any of the ula you learn that they own your game. and if your game gets popular they can take if from you and update it themselves and bar you from doing anything with it. effectivly killing the custom game mode market for sc2. other than LOL THIS CUSTOM GAME WAS IN SC BW LOL UNIT TESTER .

my hatred for games is not when they are bad i can ignore a bad game but when something just shits on the market like that that pisses me the fuck off.