ITT: we post games we suck at

pic related.

not even kidding- I cannot come to terms with the mechanics or the controls.

I don't know what the problem is- I played Dark Souls and was able to get at least as far as the Capra Demon; I'm not entirely without motor skills.

How the fuck do you suck at a game that plays itself for you

just mash square nigga
then mash triangle when the spider sense tingles
that's is

That's what I've been trying, but either I won't press the counter button in time, two of them will attack at once, or someone will throw something at me.

It would appear so, yes.

So you guys must've completed this then right?

I don't blame him. It's just an overall really gay mechanic that could be better described as a rhythm game than combat.

you have to tap the counter button for each spidey sense, so two enemies means two buttons presses. it's not that difficult.

also, playing as catwoman is the best part about arkham city.

Screw that mess, I don't see how anybody can handle those without Batman's full set of instant knock-outs and ability to break weapons and stuff. Eventually you get guns and shields laying around forever being used over and over and over.

I thought that might be the case, but I swear there have been times when I've done that and still wound up getting punched in the back of the head.

Please be trolling.

what? i'm being serious. you traverse differently and shit. it's fun to fuck about the map with her. i liked it more than playing as batman.

also, arkham origins is the best game in the series too. better bosses.

Climbing around as Catwoman was cool, but every time I had to fight I wanted Batman back.

i liked fighting with her more honestly, her flow just jived with me. i got every stupid riddler trophy as catwoman, didn't bother with it as batman.

I don't even know how to open doors in this game

The flip/dodge you do by double tapping x is much more useful for dodging enemies and it's nearly impossible to drop the combo with it so you can wait forever to pick your time to attack.

The combat system isn't really very interesting, all the gadgets and extra stuff aren't useful enough and the mechanics are basic so they get boring pretty quickly, especially since the games haven't really changed at all since City.

Also, if you play with the counter icons/spidey sense/whatever turned off, that also contributes a lot to the dodge being better than the counter.

Wow! The game is easy when you play it on easy. Who woulda guessed?

When you're sneaking up on guys and taking them down without a fight at all, she's fine. When it's a bunch of completely generic dudes, also fine. When it's armor dudes and shield dudes and other higher-end thugs, I want Batman back.

I really like the combat in those games, but I agree with that. It's cool they're there, and they certainly have other in-game uses, but when you're surrounded by a dozen thugs slugging it out, flipping around, melee attacks and takedowns are where it's at.

Of course, I've also only played Asylum and City, so I haven't had as much chance to get tired of it as you.

Good game, but damn I'd like the challenge of this.
So far I'm at stage 2.

damn nigga it's barely even a combat system what are you doing

I haven't played Knight cause the pc port was trash, though none of the ports were that good. But i wasn't lying when I said I think Origins is the best one. it had the better story and boss fights in my opinion. Copperhead, Deathstroke, a Bane that isn't shit, etc. i honestly recommend it. i thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish, and it felt the most batman-y somehow.

I've just been holding out for the GOTY versions to get adequately cheap. Even if they're good games enjoy, they got DLC so DLC rules apply.

oh, i pirated them.

I died like 20 times to this fuckers and broke my halberd, I'm pretty fucking bad

russians suck in this game, it's unbalanced

At the moment? Fighting the urge to just give up and delete my save.

Oh, that's nothing- I died at least as many times just trying to get through the Undead Burg.

How the hell did you find Holla Forums if you suck at a fucking batman game?

I just don't understand Dark souls.
I mean, I am able to go around, beat enemies and bosses, sometimes not on the first try.
But for some reason I find the boss fights extremely unsatisfying, since you can't apply your usual tactics to late-game bosses *i.e. Artorias takes all of my stamina and half of my health in one hit if he charges up, and sometimes I can't stop it; a roll at the wrong time kills me in one hit**, so you need to rely on rolls/general luck and hope that you can outdamage the boss before he kills you. And for some reason I don't feel like I have actually beaten the boss when I win, I just feel like I cheesed them even though I don't do anything out of the ordinary.
I guess I'll never understand.

I kinda agree, I never liked boss fights as much as exploring and fighting non-boss enemies myself. Didn't hate the boss fights either, but yeah, they weren't the high points.

Quite honestly, I'd say that goes for most games, really. Conceptually I like the idea of bosses, in actual practice, not so much. I think it's because with non-boss enemies, you master fighting them one at a time, you have to suck really bad to get killed by a single generic enemy. You can screw up but keep going. But with a boss, they're a wall. You learn to beat that boss in that one specific fight or die. No "did a bad job but learned and kept going," it's pass or fail only. You master that boss that one time and unless you replay the game, probably never use that specific enemy knowledge again.

People always complain about how the bosses were recycled in Devil May Cry, but I actually liked that. By fighting the bosses three separate times, a little tougher each time, you actually got a learning curve on bosses, and got to use your knowledge of their tactics again. They were still pass-fail walls, but it wasn't all or nothing in one fight ever, they were a little closer to the smoother difficulty of generic enemies.

I think the game in which I enjoyed bosses the most was Metal Gear Rising, mostly because the things you learned in fights with normak enemies were fully utilised in the boss fights. You had to get good at parries if you want to beat monsoon. You had to get precise with blade mode if you wanted to beat sundowner. You had to learn to attack in different directions in order to beat Mistral.
As a result the boss fights didn't feel like a sudden shift in gameplay but as a logical continuation of it, and I think it's great.

I've single-credit cleared quite a lot of scrolling shooters in my time, but I have somehow never managed to get good at the original Raiden series. In either the first game, II, or DX, I have never managed to make it past stage 5, usually failing around that infuriating stage 3 or the start of stage 4. I cannot explain why I find these games so difficult but it's not from lack of effort. I just don't get it.

Your experience may be working against you; a lot of what's rewarded in most shumps is punished in Raiden.

It's probably the easiest of Civs out there but I can not get a handle on it. Once war starts I just lose interest because the AI will just keep spamming shit at me with its cheats and I can't be assed to figure out how beat them in a 3vs20 war.

How so? I'm not talking about a small amount of shooters here by the way. Loadsa games and loadsa types from loadsa different years.

Press the counter button, Batman throws it back
You can counter them, you can even counter three of them at once if you do it in time

The prompts will still be there at normal difficulty fam

Dodge the inital strike and run past him then kill the dogs so you can 1v1 him
You can counter multiple people at once, it just takes one button press per counter
Don't stay still, keep constantly moving and attacking different enemies, focus on getting rid of guys with guns and always be ready to press the counter button

I actually beat him just once, but it was using the staircase trick, and I deleted my save shortly afterwards.