Total WaWa official mod support

So this happened, any thoughts?
Do you think modders willbe able to create factions?
archive.is/2NKNX

Patricians have occupied this thread!
How goes your campaign in ROME: TOTAL WAR?
What mods are you using in ROME: TOTAL WAR?

ok

CA has worked tirelessly to make modding increasingly hard every release so far. Banning mods entirely was the next logical step but they realized the bad PR it would cause. I very much suspect that modding will be limited to a couple of texture mods and maybe a few tweaks here there, with the important stuff being hardcoded.

Game is shit! Utter shit! Nothing but shit!

Polite sage

Let's not forget all those amazing mods for Attila and Rome 2 like … and … and of course…

You just fucking know given CA's track record for the last decade that the only reason whatsoever why they're doing this is for paid mods.

Maybe the game can be salvaged by mods then.

Still not buying it though.

Fucking kill yourself

what

Repeat this in english.

I meant to say that because the mods were not well documented he didnt know about them and in his viewpoint there werent any good mods.

Probably could create new factions. Attila and I think Rome 2 had mods for new factions. One of the most popular mods for Attila right now is an "Age of Vikings" mod for the Charlemagne campaign, so obviously that has new factions, new faction traits, and new units.

But there ARE none. DeI and Radious are just two coins of the same spergery and neither manage to completely fix the core issues.

It doesn't help your cause when you tell him to kill himself for not knowing about it. I thought mods were non existent on Rome 2

What's the point of modding a shit game? It's not like any amount of mods are going to make it even remotely fun.

Maybe the factions can be unfucked and completely redone so we could actually conquer lands.

Their engine will come broken anyway

Warscale is indeed shit

How about it's not my responsibility to fix someone else's game? They never fucking learn and they never will unless people stop buying this shit.

Last even remotely good game in the series was shogun 2 and even that was crippled by SEGA bullshit. I trust Angry Joe when he says never buy any SEGA game ever again.

their mod community is dead so they stand to loose pretty much jack shit from paid mods.

This pretty much goes without saying i'm just excited that maybe mods will unfuck it

Mods haven't unfucked a TW game since Med2.

fuck

Best to Worst:

Prove me wrong.

They desperately need to bring back the risk map.

agreed, i enjoyed all those non-existing mods

Agreed. Your list is spot on.
Medieval 1 was absolutely fantastic in every way. I still don't get why the fuck any of this even had to change. Medieval 1 was perfection. Rome 1 actually declined the series- it only really recovered from that fuck up when BI was released. Medieval 2 similarly had a very bad released, Kingdoms was easily the best expansion any total war game has ever had.

Also reminder that the Total War player base just want to see tiny people fighting

>For one week after release

I just wanted a new total war game and good warhammer game.
None of those will happen

shogun total war is so basic and easy, that shit is only up that high from nostalgia you big faggot. shogun 2 is where its at now

The reason Med2 is popular is because of it's modding friendliness.

Why can't TW fans have nice things anymore?

I want a non-fucked historical TW, but CA needs a quick buck like a city street-tier whore.

Bull Fucking Horse Shit. I bet you haven't even played it you dick sucking little shit.

STW:

STW2:

STW2 is so high on that list purely because of FotS, which managed to make battles interesting again with its asymmetric armies/factions. Go fuck yourself you underageb& fuckboy.

implying ai was ever good
implying any of those became irrelevant. fatigue can fuck you, high honor units perform vastly better than low honor, weather never affected anything other than bows in STW, and terrain gives huge advantages in STW2
too bad the only time i played them were in skirmish battles cause the ai was so shit i'd always be at their gates playing on the one gay map of small castle on a hill with a door on 2 sides with wide open terrain surrounding it. 90% of my games are that map over and over

drink another new coke old man, your shit childhood isn't as good as your remember

I like SH2 but you're right. There is no tactics beyond hammer and anvil unless you want to abuse the AI to fuck and back.

I already covered you in shit with my last post, go wipe yourself of you tweenage newfag; come back with a clean retort or don't come back at all.

Stick to your casual warscape trash, it suits you.

Also you can basically win the game with nothing but Ikko Ikki Sword ashigaru spam because you're the only one with cheap sword infantry and nothing can put up a fight against that.

Radius is garbage. Making all of the factions the same and giving settled factions more money than they could ever spend is stupid.

The point of playing as a settled Roman faction is that you're struggling to make ends meet and may have to make sacrifices.

Vanilla Atilla is a solid game.

Since when did bitter old rednecks start infesting this board. You write like a raging wow guild leader in his 50s, mate.

>>>/reddit/

It's not THAT bad compared to the disaster that is R2 but it shouldn't have taken them a whole new game just to figure out that people want family trees and proper ancillaries. And even then it's not as good as the system in Rome and Med2.

Medieval 2: Go on crusade with your king, he gains the Crusader trait and possibly the Crown of Thorns or some cool shit

Attila: Win a 5 heroic victories in a row, get some dude who gives you +5 morale. Wew.

The game is running on a shit engine, like bethesda games, no amount of mods will be able to fix it

These are adequate statements

I've been noticing a lot lately on Holla Forums that people here are increasingly more excited about a new game being able to have mods simply on their own merit. It seemed like it started after the paid mods thing last year, which makes me think that a large number of redditors/valvedrones migrated here. But now it seems like they care about mods more than games that are good in the first place.

I think the Atilla system is good. Although I would have liked it if they had populations like the original Rome did.

Managing populations was great shit.

That is the shittiest assumption Ive seen in a while.

So mods will fix it then?

No you're right. I made a thread about this a few weeks back. All the games that touted how great their mod support is (XCOM2 for example) ended up being shit and remain unfixable even with mods.

Medieval 2: Go on crusade. Spend 80 years travelling to the Holy land. Return 3 generations later.

The rapid time passing of these games really grinds my gears. It shouldn't take me several years to march an army across Japan. It should take me several years to CONQUER my way across.

I never said they will.
But great things are able to be created thanks to them, but this shit is long term.

-Half Life
-Mount&Blade
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R
-DOOM
-Battlefield

Already a good game.
Already a good Game
Already a good game.
Already a good game.
Shit game and shit mods.

That's not a strong argument for mods, all you're proving is that games that are good without mods can be even better by getting mods.

Now thats just wrong

Sure

Mods can help, but we know for a fact that the issues with TW are unfixable. There are workarounds but those are also just duct taping shit over the cracks.

Covering a turd with frosting and sprinkles doesn't make it a meal.

There's your problem.

I seriously wonder what fucked up this guys brain so hard that he gets aroused by his own shit.

He's a skyrim modder.

Some games are enjoyable with mods if they're not unfinished shitty messes, sometimes an autist makes breaks trought, I just thought it was surprising as I wasnt expecting for the kikes at Sega and GW to allow modsing.

shit genetics

You motherfuckers are the best. Thanks for the laughs. Also on a side note

I'm still not going to buy it CA.

It looks like a shit game made by a shitty company. Even if modding tools from the beginning would've only guaranteed a pirate at best.

What would you guys think of a "Total Warhammer 40,000" game?

I imagine it would play a lot like Napoleon: Total War, with Guardsmen being the general line infantry and cannon fodder, Space Marines acting as badass super-grenadiers, and Tanks acting like cannons.

I think one of the biggest hurdles to get over would be the fact that guns in WH40K would make line battles very short encounters, which would give the player little time for strategic thought. I think that this could be remedied by just having very large units of guardsmen, which would both drag out line encounters, giving the player more time to plan out their moves, and create an apocalyptic atmosphere that makes WH40K so damn awesome.

What do you goys think?

hello rato

Yes, this is correct. Good observation user.

Hi, Ted Cruz.

Ted dropped out

whatcha eatin rato

whatcha eatin rato

I just want reasonably priced figures, is that too much to ask?

whatcha eatin rato

the zodiac killer becomes the zodiac killed

whatcha eating rato

Well I fucked up.