DAWN OF WAR III

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK Holla Forums
I GO OFF THE GRID FOR ONE WEEK AND MOTHERFUCKING DOW3 IS ANNOUNCED
MY ANUS IS PUCKERED AS FUCK

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/b3QEN
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR, DOES NO ONE HONOUR WARHAMMER WEDNESDAYS ANYMORE?

it's thursday fam

==THERE IS AN ACTIVE THREAD UP ABOUT CAWADOODY NOT BEING SHIT ANYMORE== (heh)
NO ONE WANTS TO DISCUSS DAWN OF WAR
I'M ASSHURT
ASSHURT AS FUCK

DoW2 was a pile of shit though and Relic hasn't made a decent video game since Company of Heroes 1. There is zero hope for DoW3 being good.

People already discussed this in previous days.

Any archives? I had a minor stroke and came to a day ago

Wait until you see the screenshots and read the promo.

>"simplified"
>"accessible"

already discussed like mad the last few days
It's got huge red warning flags all over it
gonna be shit

Gee whiz, that's a bummer. I got nothing to look forward to then besides maybe system shock 3

Bannerlord you fuck.

We had a shitstorm thread a few days ago. But then we got disappointed

Dont forget they want to "tone down the glumness" or some other such shit.
Tone down the glumness.
Of 40k.
The franchise that is literally the origin of the term "grimdark".

We had like 4 threads in a row dude.

Basic reactions were thus

mite b gud

mite b bad

hilarious

Just shills shilling.
Did you really expect Sega to not get a couple idiots working over time for them?

Excellent!

I think it'll be better than DOW 2, but how can they say "biggest RTS yet" when it has less initial factions than DOW?

this "biggest RTS yet" shit is some Molyeneux levels of "Our last game was shit"

Isn't it obvious?

Everything ASSFAGGOTS did was straight from Warcraft 3. Which is a pretty good RTS.

DoW had initially 4 factions and CSM were straight up copies of Space Muhreens.

Fuck outta here

I see no problems here other than the worrying descriptions they used, like "accessible" and "simplified"

Dawn of War III: Beksinski Edition trailer.

They can only rightfully claim the title when they implement a 1000 unit cap.

most of the default colors were fairly grim looking. It only looked colorful if you were shit with the colors you picked. I always went Imperial Guard so naturally everything was army green, grey or black. If you were a faggot that always went Ultra Marines of course you'd assume the game was colorful. Chaos looked dark as fuck and were in my opinion a more visually enjoyable faction to play than space marines.

I am getting this sort of vibe from the screenshots.

CNC4's problem wasn't its artstyle, though.

Got a dump of the screenshots?

Heres one

he ordered pixels with that screenshot

One order of Pixels for you. Sorry about the waiter. We've taken him to the commissar and he has been executed for treason.

soz, soz

As I said, I had a neurological condition which made me a drooling retard until like the day before yesterday, so excuse me if I missed out and thank you for catching me up

HERESY!

Why the fuck did I have that saved?
Oh well, heres the dump

I'd disagree, although it's more certain buzzwords from interviews that set off warning messages

AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF.

lol

You tried atleast.

Thanks. Looks decent wouldn't mind them toning down the colours a bit to make it more drab. That would make it feel more like 40k.

If that isn't pre-goddamn-alpha, there's no excuse for looking like this horseshit.
First Homeworld now DoW. RTS truly is dead.
Fuck, now i want to kill myself again

Its not obviously not final.
No shaders or FX.

look closer, you can see specular maps. Light is bouncing off of the armours

It's going back to base building so atleast it will be better than DoW2.

So no ASSFAGGOTS style run'n'gun? I can live with that.

honestly the biggest problem is less to do with color because we know it'll be dynamic and changeable. The issue is to do with the lack of dirt, ambient occlusion(the most easiest to make, so the fact that it doesn't have it is just slack), no visible damage on any of the units to give even a hint of realism (despite having obvious Normal Maps on them).

Look I mean, Compare this to Battlefleet Gothic that just came out. Now THAT is how you get the 40k Style. So much fine detail, damage on all the ships, gritty and beat up. Beautiful.

Look at DOW1. Even that has more Ambient Occlusion and more dirt. Color isn't the issue its the absence of detail and how BRIGHT everything looks. It is very clearly stylized and I'd be pretty pissed if it retains that dirtless non-AO quality. Its slack game art. Nevermind that they still bothered to put in a Gold Shader for what is "pre-Alpha".. yeah bullshit. No one would bother with a gold shader on pre-alpha block ins. Anyone saying that is in total denial.

You can see it better with sub 4k res the sheer lack of any texture detail on the units. I really sincerely hope it doesn't stay that way. But it IS annoying to see. At the very least put some damn AO onto the texture.

How to spot the shill. They said in the article that base building is back but said nothing about actually building fucking bases, only about one building for making the 3 units shown in pictures of the game so far.
archive.is/b3QEN

also adding to this. I feel as though the environments are very sub par textured compared to what Relic has done in COH2. Their standards are definitely slipping.

whoop dee doo another x-com rip-off

Like in DoW2, they were restricted to the campaign and used as NPCs only. It wasn't until Winter Assault that they became a faction in their own right.

Yeah
DOW1 was Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar and Orks. (4)
Winter Assualt added Imperial Guard (1)
Dark Crusade added Necrons and Tau (2)
Soulstorm added Sisters of Battle (1)

8 Factions Total for the life of the game.

Soulstorm also added the flying vehicles didn't it? Oh how it broke the game….
Fun times.

Soulstorm added Dark eldar too nigga

9 factions

This is a silly idea and I hope you feel bad for it.

Fuck you, most people hated Soulstorm, I didn't play it honestly as much as I did Dark Crusade.

Couple of DoW:DC screens for comparison.

Well you can't argue with dubs although the mods in Soulstorm were worth it.

How is that relevant ?
You are listing factions and you fail to list them all.

Don't think of their having had eleven years to improve on the formula, just remember that it's [the current year].

I was listing from Memory. I didn't spend as much time with Soulstorm because it came out 2 fucking years after Dark Crusade and I was too busy actually testing ports of Space Hulk to Mobile :P. (I worked for a 3rd party porting house contracted to THQ). Along with a few other THQ Wireless titles of the time.

But anyway, yeah I didn't play much Soulstorm because I was employed by that time. Dark Crusade came out during a wonderful time of Unemployment in my life.

game I worked on. Yeah not the best looking ever. But it was Space Hulk, and it worked on a phone with barely enough ram to even function. God those were the days LOL.

Nobody cares nout yer mucking about umie.
We be here for da foiting and da lootin.
You gun foit us or wot ?

WHATS WRONG WITH HIS MOUTH?

Aw crap. We've been invaded by Orks.

>>>/out/

Hard to claim grimdark when your orcs all look like goofy disney characters.

Smafin teef get gud ax!

How fucking new are you?

I wish they were something you can request like in CoH

Nigga do you even play the tabletop? Most people don't paint their army to be muddy and dirty, they paint them in a way that is colorful and looks great from afar.

The DoW1 units look like shit.

lol I just looked at some of the art work for this game closer… GOOD LORD.. The space marine heads.. they are so fucked up lol. Always wonderful fun digging through the thousands of games in my work archive. Thanks Holla Forums for taking me back to 2006 LOL.

do you have a cute little boypussy user?

I didn't say that, you mongoloid. Learn how to into IDs.

I never played the Tabletop because I was too poor and still am. For me it was always about the Lore and the vidya. I'm not very talented with traditional art, my background is purely in digital so I'd be completely shite at painting 40k models unless they were on a screen and in a 3d game engine.

That said though once I'm a millionaire Imma buy the fuck out of 40k lol get em made out of solid gold.

HOLY SHIT TITAN CONFIRMED

WE ARE GOING EPIC SCALE MUHFUGGA

RELIC BETTER BE DELIVERING GODDAMMIT

No, its Imperial Knights.

Really? Damn, mini-titans then.