PRAISE THE EMPEROR

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

nobody cares?

why is the eldar armour so flakey in the trailer?

Everyone was jerking really hard to it yesterday so now everyone is resting.

But there is a lot of concerning info about dota inspiration and devs making it more accessible.

Overall little to no gameplay videos so whatever we say it's just feels.

That's why.

Did you really think that a 2016 AAA games was gonna be original in any way?

lol it look same hurr

never seen it portrayed that way before…

Lots of PR talk.
Hopefully its not complete shit so its at least worth a pirate.
But theres barely any info right now, so this thread and subsequent ones are pointless until more info is out.

people shitting on the unfinished pre alpha graphics inbound

huh?

Too bad that it looks worse then a phone game.

And seems to completely lack a lighting engine.

death wing will look better

in real time

I want to cleanse Xeno scum with the frogs at Streum On.

Hello shill, nice attempt at damage control. The thread yesterday was pretty split between retards with misplaced hope and anons looking at pictures and the trailer and calling it out on being shit.

How could a man shill if he states the positives and negatives of something ?

i know it's a current year AAA shooter so i shouldn't have any expectations but this actually looks promising

i guess i should have looked up the developer before posting, i just saw shiny graphics and assumed it was AAA.

Focus Home is an independent publisher much like Devolver Digital.
They also published Battlefleet Ghotic, Bloodbowl and Wargame
They're probably one of the few AA companies that survived the 2009 purging.

One day you will come to the realization that french indies are trying to save the Vidya AND Warhammer all by themselves, while US indies are giving themselves blowjobs for game.txt in pointless conventions.

Cyanide (Blood Bowl), Rogue Factor (Mordheim), Streum-On (Deathwing), Tindalos (Battlefleet gothic Armada), Eugen (Wargame, Act of Agression) and even Arkane (Dark Messiah/Dishonored) are all part of the same network of people, with a very small core of founders (4 to 6 people) and a bunch of 20 to 30 mercenary rotating in each ones.

Arkane belongs to Bethesda but all the others are published by Focus (which is a small structure too).

Because if you ask how do small indie team keep releasing such big games with good graphics, the answer is fucking simple.

They work.
They don't do a string of podcasts, communal projects, indie festivals and "let's fellate ourselves dry" events.

All they do all day, every day, is Maya/3DS/C++, and most of them do that since they were kids.

The mad mapper of Streum-on started making 3D maps when he was in middle school.
He didn't learn it in some fancy liberal art college course, it's dubious he even got his high-school diploma.

Which is why they can give you AA production and not "pixel art 3d scroller" which is something a guy alone is perfectly capable of doing regular release (Touhou, ZUN), oh wait those aren't even pixel art…

10/10 posts

Still shilling I see.
For how long did Sega pay your firm to keep that shit up?

Fuckin frenchies man they are gonna save us with there cartoons AND vidya

Its 40k and an image boards what do you expect

Sega is going to make vidya great again.

Except for things which have already been confirmed, such as no Imperial Guard.

Nurgle or Crons are big bads

I'm getting Republic Commando vibes from this.

Dis guna be gud.

They even steal Marines from other Chapters nigga.
How the fuck do you think they resupply their forces?

Those were gifts from our brothers of course.

t. Blood Raven Marine

I really want to know what happened to the cast of DoW2, like if Tarkus got promoted to Captain of the 4th company, if Thule and Thaddeus are still alive, Eliphas coming back, Merrick and Castor leading the Guardsmen of Meridian, shit like that

Play retribution. It has Tarkus and Merrick in it, but not Thule or Thaddeus.

Where the hell was Thaddeus, Thule and the Force commander anyway? Were they on some kind of trip? They're never even mentioned.

I think the Force Commander got sent on a campaign into the Eye of Terror. Eliphas is probably dead because he was a boss in the Space Marine campaign.

more dota shit just like DoW2. really nothing to see here honestly…

sad

that's a cool fekin trailer. game looks bad tho

Why are Astartes so…unimpressive in DOW cinematics?

The die in droves and don't feel at all like sorcery-enhanced and bio-engineered demigods of war.

Since they're almost always the protagonists, GW wants to try and make them seem like underdogs so they're more relatable.

That's quite a bad trailer.

the use of surreality just isn't as good as it thinks it is.

Dawn of war 1 has, hands down, one of the best opening cinematics of a game ever. I guess it's just hard to top it.

this had better have near unlimited stacking bodies gore and debris, especially after a fucking trailer like that

nothing pisses me off more than the scars of a battle dissapearing, especially with 40k shit, its a complete antihesis to the underlying aesthetic, i.e. a spess muhreen fighting for 10 days straight, standing on a mountain of eviscerated, shattered corpses, bellowing vaguely unsettling old testamentey quotes about the supremacy of man…

so few games do permanence well, it really annoys the fuck out of me it should be an industry standard at this point.

fuck you thats not how you make game, things that are need to be, there needs to be causality or its just a fucking loose collection of parlor tricks

I care, so fuck you.

I want this game to be good

This. We have the artist, we have the technology to do anything. But the composition has gone completely to shit though. Everyone forgot it. This applies to any type of art.

Game also looks like ass too. Looks like a fucking Toy Story game of some kind. Sorry 40k fans. Some day you'll get a good game. Just another "rebooted" franchise that doesn't know whether to please its fans (and the only people that will buy the game) and the inexistent casual audience they're aiming for.

How have they managed to make this trailer look both better and worse than DOW II's?

Well, you have to keep performance in mind.

I think killing floor 2 allows you to set how many bodies can be on the map at any given time.

The whole point of the space marines isn't that they're godlike killing machines, it's that they're godlike killing machines and still barely enough to hold back the forces of darkness. And xenos are meant to be just as terrifying as chaos is, IMO.

I WANT MY IMPERIAL GUARD GOD DAMMIT.
No, i dont want the 4 squads/vehicles/heroes of DoW 2, i want my commanding squad with 1 general, 2 priests, 1 commisar and a psyker, i want my 56 guardsmen (including squads leaders), heavy weapons team, my kasrkin squad, 3 basilisks, 2 leman russ battle tanks and a baneblade.

Well, DoW had corpse permanence and persistent terrain damage for artillery/explosions.

It isnt a reboot, its a sequel.

I kinda like this trailer because it doesn't make orks look like fucking cannon folder.

Still, I'm sad I can't make my own army commander without having to mod.

YOU DECIDE

I read that shit and can't figure out what the game is going to be like at all.
Persistent units between missions? Is that just a couple of elite squads, or your regular guys too? Is it like homeworld?
Is the multiplayer going to be completely fucking different again?
Jesus christ, just tell us

That's your hero units user, hence why its 'hero slots' instead of '3 heroes per faction'. You can sub them in and out and grow them over time, Dawn of War 2 style (I suspect).

In multiplayer, leveling up over time will likely be dropped in favour of leveling up in-match, as it would otherwise be a nightmare to balance.

I can't really imagine how the matches are supposed to work from that description either, there seem to be some contradictory ideas involved.

I think they would really shoot themselves in the foot if they tried to jew me out of a 4th faction.

Then again it is SEGA. Relic have been going downhill after THQ died.

Chaos as pre-order bonus.

Nothing of the sort mentioned so far, at least not in that interview.

Didnt creative assembly/sega end up saying chaos will be a free dlc post launch?

If you buy the game within the first week of release and everyone is celebrating as if they completely turned around and were giving it away for free forever.
I'm kinda wondering if "early-adpoter bonuses" aren't going to be a thing now to get away from the stigma of pre-order bonuses.

And no they haven't actually announced dlcs for DoW3 already as far as i know, but sega did it once already.

Id buy the IG DLC instantly if this fucker comes back

yeah its definitely a programming issue, im not saying that its easy.

there was a mod for dow1 that enabled endless corpses but it fucked some other things in the process, blitzkrieg comes to mind, obviously not 3d but holy shit you could stack em high in that game.

its a problem, but a solveable one methinks, and like destruction it adds so much to gameplay when done right.

Imagine a game where bodies actually bloat and decompose, where every shell casing and bit of intestine stays where it fell…

this is how you up the fidelity of your standardised shooter, not with even more fucking setpieces and godrays

KF2 despite all its problems made a big thing out of this, how the blood and everything is permanent and not just a simple texture, one of the few recent examples(although i cant really speak for how well it was executed)

it feels like we have stagnated in all of these things, too much AA, filters and ultra hi rez textures, not enough actual systems, id gladly go back years graphically for more of this kind of stuff, weve reached a level of graphic fidelity that is becoming downright masturbatory, to quote some random asshole:

fucking second that, guard has always been far more interesting to me than super speshul spess muhreens, anybody have that post of the chaos fag getting ideologically shrekked?

even if this is good and you want to multi its probably wise to just wait until they drop all the JewLC before buying

I miss expansion packs

REMOVE BLOOD RAVENS!
I WANT LEGIT CHAPTERS!

Why are you hyped for something that is CoD for dudebros

Herbivores eat plants
Omnivores eat plants and meat
Plants are for herbivores

Kill yourself my man

The titans look pretty small to be honest.

I prefer the Ultimate Apocalypse Mod's ones

That isn't philosophy tho, it's logic.

I thought you'd understand by the instructions I sent via the brainwave privilege radio messaging brainwave scattering that even though dudebros play CoD, babbys also play CoD, but Dawn of War is mostly played by dudebros

Omnivores can eat meat, doesn't mean they should.

>>>/suicide/

I don't give a fuck about your opinion.

Asteres are super-fast, super-strong, super-resillient. Beefy uber-men.

And what to we get? Lanky guys that feel or perform no different than any generic foot solider.
They move slowly. There is no feeling of power. They fall after a sneeze.

Where are my SPEHS MUHREENS that charge into battle like fired from a canon?
Where are my fuking terminators made flesh, that don't even flinch when they loose an arm due to slapping rockets out of the air, and proceed to shove the rocket launcher into the arse of whoever fired it?

I'm not arguing with you, retard, I'm saying that what he did isn't philosophy; what he did is a logic reasoning of your fallacy.

Which titans are you talking about?
I've only seen Imperial Knights and they're bigger than a dreadnought but smaller than a warhound class titan.

They were some titans on the screenshots, I can't seem to find them tho, but they were just slighty bigger than the Knights

This one?

Imperator is a shit design.
Those non-existing upper legs…yeesh

I really hope that one day soon you meatcucks will develop better memes.

Wasn't that pic in particular, but yeah, it also featured a reaver against some eldar

If you can digest meat without getting sick you're made to eat meat.

And you're a fucking retard for thinking otherwise.

A warjack escaped from the iron kingdoms, somebody notify privateer press.

Gorillas do eat meat though. Quite often.

These are the only two screenshots revealed so far (that I know of)
If you saw another one fucking post it

I just want Centurion armor.

Forgit meh image