SPAZ 2 release date announced

Are you guys ready for the long awaited sequel?
They've bloated it with features before deciding to release it to the public. It comes out in two weeks.

expect Holla Forums to trash it because it's an early access title. this board is not the best place to talk about video games anymore

I wasn't quite expecting that, they went out of their way not to push any preorder bullshit and if they do early access it's mostly because they're technically two years late, and only because they decided it wasn't 'complete' enough.

I could never get the hang of the movement controls in the original.

It definitely has some of the most cancerous fans, though they might be a minority

Evidently they are since they managed to push out a release without resorting to pre orders.

Kinda price-y

Anyways, incase anyone missed out their updates, they basically made this like SPAZ 1 but with all the kind of content you'd expect from Mount & Blade in space, but also with an impending doom set on consuming all factions.

But will it have waifu's? I even made my own waifu officer core for Star Sector

I'm sure you can make an all waifu squad but there aren't marriage mechanics.

They do have empire building/empire management with diplomacy in a similar vain as Mount & Blade, arguably better.

Blame the jew.

Never played this game, worth checking out?

Sounds like a pretty good reason to trash it to me. In fact, I was excited until I read your post.
Holla Forums is a wonderful place to discuss video games. Reddit is a wonderful place to discuss games with cancerous business practices.

I made that cap a year ago, so it took at least some time for them to get through to the developer.
I really wonder why they want to pay money for an unfinished product.

its an arcade 2D top view space vidya where you have AI controlled ships and control one ship. Its ok for what it is.

Hm.. I remembered Holla Forums really loving the first one.

Guess it's been too long. I feel old.

The first one was far too linear and repetitive for my tastes. Hopefully the sequel will be better

If it's at-least as good as the first I'll be happy.

They're focusing more on the sandbox part of it this time around. Which is why I brought up the mount and blade comparison, they're also doing a single player campaign I think. I'm not sure though.

It's supposed to be a straight upgrade since it has more of everything the first one had.

Nice. Ive been waiting for this. The first one was fun.
Lets hope the second one is even better.
From what ive seen it looks pretty good.

Please dont be shit

Jesus, this is either going to be great or a disaster

If they make mountain blade style open-world with wars going on between factions, as well as random shit happening even while you're not in the system, I'll be a happy man.

Essentially that.

Plus they have 200 other captains roaming around with almost all the same capabilities that you have.

You can also make your own faction and coordinate it.

muh DIK

This new game is in 3d right?

I saw a video long ago about how it was all modular and you where strapping more and more modules.

Hope you can make ships look good with that.

Ships can be fully customized and it's 3d, it still has the same top down camera but you definitely can adjust it to get those cinematic shots if you wanted

I had so much fun with the first one. There's something very satisfying about the grind the first game had to an OP ship/fleet and then being about to nuke everything in seconds.

I don't need a cinematic view I need a ship design I can't fuck up too much and run around with cancerous ship.

I hope the game is more balanced for big galaxies.

Man zombie infection in a huge map was hell.

I'm confused, is the release date is for early access?

SPAZ 1 was pretty good, but one thing that I've never understood about the sequel is that whether or not it was just full on third person spess or what

It's semi-3D
Almost everything is done on a 2D plane but if you turn your ship hard enough, you can get the turrets on the opposite side of your ship to fire on the enemy.

Oh so it's the Rebel Galaxy type of "3d"

It fell off my radar so this announcement was surprising to me, but I've been looking forward to this game.

Let's hope they decide to continue finishing the game after tasting those early access bux.

They've said that the single player campaign and the 'sandbox' mode are complete, they're adding multiplayer later.

Did they fix all the problems of the first game? Because what a fucking shitshow.

How do you ape off the Escape Velocity franchise and get it so wrong?

Those Gunpla poses are awful.

should i play the first one?

I never played it before.

It's also looking VERY fucking good, so far.

If you like top-down space sim games, then yeah, sure. Has a servicable story, combat is fun, and there are many variation of ships you can try and build. Though cannons are overpowered and you should just go cannons if you want ez game

It's one of those games if you like the gameplay style you'll love it, if not then it's not for you but whether you like it or not everyone can at least acknowledge it's a well made game. Or maybe not, this is Holla Forums after all.

First ones been on sale a few times for 2.49 so maybe wait for one of those

Fucking finally, I think that thing had a steam page for years at this point. Though that 2 week release doesn't bode well, more like they run out of money or can't be bothered anymore.

I kinda don't like the idea of it being 3d though, I will probably check what comes out of it but for now starsector is the sequel to me.

It's more like it's finally done. Their earliest guess at when it'd release was december last year.

i hope you mean the good kind of bloat. like theres just lots of shit to play with

Of course. They spent years working it into the original system so it maintains the same feel while also expanding the gameplay.

when you put it like that you make it sound like they design onaholes

I would trash it based on the title alone. it sounds like utter fucking cancer.