Fire Emblem-Focused Podcast Happening

serenesforest.net/2016/05/02/serenes-forest-podcast-recruiting/
Depending on who's recruited, this podcast could go several different ways, for better or worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427_4e.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sorry I had a stroke

Who cares?

Everything you love dies and then you have nothing.

IT WAS FUN

there better be memes
fates had the best memes

FE is dead as disco.

He stopped doing the translation because it offended a VA?
Which VA and fucking how

Baby Blue Lucina's. I think she even came up with the excuse that NoA didn't give them any context about the characters and that's why her voice acting was weak.
To me it was both, she's mediocre and NoA didn't really give them anything to work with, only the script.

That sounds like bullshit, that… There's some sort of exaggeration here, right? Right!?

Literally who?

Serenesforest is some FE fan website.

Oh hey, OP used my crop. Sweet.

When I saw it it was pretty vague but the dudes working on it did definitely say that they didn't like how the terrible official translation got rightfully called shit.

A lot of them simply claimed they got burnt out but a few went full koolaid calling everyone entitled and such.

daily reminder that Fire Emblem is being kept alive so it can be used as a breeding ground for SJW parasites to fully infest Nintendo and kill it from the inside.

Nintendo also prioritized it as one of their "major IPs" now

It's goddamned depressing how shit Fire Emblem and everything related to it has become.

Which is weird considering Awakening should've increased the Waifu fags which I would think would be anathema to SJWs.

you would be wrong to assume that.

appeasement. virtual or not, leads to complacency, which leads to inaction, which is how SJW were able to get it.

The problem is that included shipping, gay shipping and also shipping women with dudes, and you can live your fantasy as the MC.
Not to mention that they made the games easier, flashier, quirkier and even though it's always been present, strong warrior women, though it's funny how strong women like Sully, Rinkah, Kjelle or Cherche never became too popular here.

Had the games remained as somewhat grounded, difficult, with no MC and good but not spectacular graphics, maybe Fire Emblem wouldn't be the corpse it is right now.

Sully was the dumbest fucking character. She makes no sense, why is there a woman complaining about not being taken seriously as a female fighter when half the army is female fighters, and there's never any indication that there's a gender bias in recruitment in any army. When there's magic everything is good.

I have no idea what her support is like in the Japanese version, but they changed her confession scene to something totally different, to the point where the cg doesn't even make sense.

m8 you show how naive you are

Shipping fictional characters is something fujoshis and their western weeaboo counterparts have done for ages, especially gay shipping, and you know the western weeaboos take their gay yaoi shipping more seriously in the sense that they equate their fictional shipping romances to the gay rights movement. For Fire Emblem a lot of westerners only got into the series with the GBA games, but some also got in with the Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn titles, which at least in their localizations, offered quite a bit of shipping bait for these people. Awakening was the one though that REALLY pushed the shipping gates wide open, which also let in the tide of SJWs into the fan makeup of the series, and since many of the hardcore fans were starting to move away from Fire Emblem due to how its become you get these people to slowly become a majority of fans.

Right when I was riding the Awakening high, I was thinking of Nintendo doing HD remake of Sacred Stones and Blazing Sword for handhelds, and Tellius for Wii U, you know, so a younger generation experienced these great past games. Now I'm glad they didn't do it, I don't want Mark to become a playable MC, everything revolving around Mark, and discovering that Mark is half-dragon, with the reveal that Ninian and Nils are your sibling and Nergal is your amnesiac father.
Dear Lord, imagine how gayer and explicit Legault/Heath's support would've been. They handled it quite well on the GBA, but here he would've been hardcore gay for Heath.

Having played Conquest and hating it, this video was the perfect catharsis.

I might just listen to it. Hopefully I can add a few comments here and there.

If you're playing it for the story, then it doesn't matter what version you're playing (fan translated or shit translated), you're not going to enjoy it for a second because Conquest's writing was absolute garbage even before NoA got to it.

I played because I wanted a good time and instead I got a faggot MC, shit girls, some salvageable guys, and gameplay that was just similar enough to the enjoyable stuff in 7 and 8 that it just pissed me off most of the time.

Didn't even buy, I borrowed it from a friend in exchange for Stella Glow. I feel like I gave away my child for cheap beer after that trade. Thankfully I'll get it back at this point.

Anyway, I gotta beat it now. Sorry for making this my blog.

Its fine. The gameplay is pretty solid and some characters as you mentioned are pretty good I do like Zero/Niles, but for the most part, Conquest is good for gameplay and nothing else. Birthright is better in story because it makes more sense, but gameplay is Awakening 2.0. Revelation is pretty in between. It has some of Conquest's nicer gameplay but not as difficult and without as good of maps and it has a better story, but not as good as Birthright. Its like its both superior and inferior to both at the same time.

It's incredible that this even happened.

>The success and timing allow for two FE:A characters appear in Smash 4. Admittedly Lucina would have been a alt skin for Marth but became a playable clone
>Announced there will be a mobile phone installment of FE along with Animal Crossing before March 2017.

Give them some credit. You cannot say that IS is like Game Freak right now to actually make different games at once, when Pokemon has been releasing the same game in 2-3 versions every gen.

It is kind of a gimmick. Granted, its no where near as bad as what GF does, but you can't get the full picture without playing the others since they will leave details out that you won't know unless you play the other paths, and even when you play all three, they still leave some details out for the little DLCs. Its a gimmick and a shitty one. Just not as shitty as what Pokemon does.

PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO CRASH AND BURN THESE FAGGOTS

Let them taste censorship and omission, show what's like remove their voice as they did.

Never forgetti.

How the heck is that possible? In Japan, Fates sold over 538k and USA 400k by February. How did it jump to 1.8m in March?

You're talking about this one, right?

We need to crash this shit with no survivors.

the magic of nosourceprovided

It's in their financial report, retard.
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427_4e.pdf

Dude fuck off. HOW can you defend this absolute jewery of the millienia what the fuck is wrong with you. The whole fucking premise they advertised the whole "game(s)" on is literally just one stupid choice at the beginning, cue 3 fixed endings and half of the maps reused through all 3 paths.
Hundreds of games, including TRPGs like Langrisser, did the whole "split parts" way before Fates, and way better, with several choices throughout the game that determine your available map choices, allies, endings, and more. And more importantly, ON THE SAME FUCKING CARTRIDGE

meant to quote

What the fuck

Why? This doesn't even make sense.

It's been discussed before how Fates is 3 times as big as Awakening, and using Awakening's content and price as a reference, is a good deal at 80 dollars for the whole thing goyim; not to mention that all the new FE fans coming in since Awakening are casual scum, so they had two different teams work with the same assets to create their own games, one that's selling like hotcakes to the new players and the other made for veteran core players. They could have just made Hoshido the good side and leave it at that, but they obviously wanted to reach out to the longtime fans and this was how they felt it could work. In my honest opinion, this was a very efficient distribution of content gameplay-wise, and details kept ambiguous in each path is more or less irrelevant to the plot of the path you take.

Not that this matters, but have you played any of Fates?

The higher ups tried to deny it after it got out, but anyone with a brain will know they're just trying to cover it up like they've done before with different subjects.

As said before, for story purposes it is a single game split in 3 for no reason other than greed, if you beat one game you have not finished the story, nevermind the fact that it is garbage in itself (at least in Nohr).
There is no excuse in terms of gameplay either. A significant portion of the maps are reused in 2 paths, sometimes even in all 3. Sometimes you get a different point of view depending on your path, but sometimes it is literally the same map in all 3. And when you do get a different point of view, the map is significantly shittier in one of them. Example : chapter 10 which is a great defense mission in Nohr and rivals FE10's 2-F in my book, that is turned into "topkek rout every randomly placed of these retarded AI units" in Hoshido.
That is not 3 times as big. As I said in my previous post, that is a feature many games in the past used that is for some fucking reason now acceptable as a reason to make people pay 3 times.

I pirated Fates with the English patch in January and beat Nohr. I didn't have the motivation to play Awakening 2 aka Hoshido. Maybe someday.

I have never heard of something like that before. That is bananas.

accidental sage

You forget the rest of the world user.

Earth is not Japan+USA.

Europe probably counts for another 400k sales at least. Asia sans Japan maybe another 200k?

Fates is not out in Europe yet. Not sure if preorders are counted in your numbers

Yeah making 2 games out of one story is low.

Basically horse armour tier jewry.

But Nintendo fans will take it up the ass and be grateful.

Ah I did not know that. Then those numbers are indeed suspicious because I doubt lot's of people preordered this.

Nintendo fans have always been this way. You could serve them shit on a plate and they'd still eat it up.

You beat the bad guy and end the war in all three routes, each path just tackles the issue in different ways.

Woah pardner tone down the virtue signalling, you almost sound like your statements are grounded in logic and factual sources with how upset you are at business decisions

Only if it comes with an amiibo.

I will never let this live down, Fates is a fucking cashgrab. The fact that they're all together in one cartridge for the special edition makes it all the more insulting.

Just Cause 3 is several times larger than Just Cause 2, does that make it worth $80?

Are you upset that someone is calling your 'friend' out?

Did you beat Nohr? Even by this game's story standards the ending was ridiculously underwhelming. If there wasn't the traditional "unit story" recap I'd have hardly believed it was the end of the game.

Not sure I even get your point there. Tell me how it's justified then? Unless you're also defending amiibo and dlc on a daily basis.

You tell me. Of course, you have to consider several factors in the development of a sequel, especially a AAA console title, such as innovations over time. Fire Emblem Fates doesn't seem to make many technological advancements to Awakening's engine on the surface but all I know is that all of Fates is a better deal then all of Awakening.

Also how much assets are reused for each campaign?

Sounds about right. Garbage is garbage.

That is subjective. I personally enjoyed Nohr's ending.
Irrelevant to my point; I was giving my reasoning on why they chose to split it up into 2-3 games. The only one's who can justify it is Nintendo themselves, but you and I obviously don't know the inner workings of the situation.

I wouldn't consider Awakening or Fates as AAA, I was referring to the Just Cause series, but I'll admit it only comes off as a AAA title to me.

Some areas in the game are visited in 2-3 paths and the maps are utilized by each team in a certain way. Most of Hoshido's chapters are just routing the enemy, while Nohr's objectives are variant and unique. Nohr's version of the chapter with Fake Izana is amazing compared to Hoshido's. If I recall, Revelations had the most maps unique to it's path.

Garon is dead to begin with: He got killed and replaced by a slime monster Final Fantasy 4 style.

Ryoma commits suicide on the Nohr route so you don’t have to do it. Also, Takumi gets possessed by a dragon and becomes the final boss of the route (Archers are actually good in this game, so he’s a threat).

Xander accidentally kills Elise in the Hoshido route and lets you kill him. Also, if you don’t get him A-support with MC before chapter 15, Kaze dies as well.

Azura dies in all routes except Revelation.

The only people who die in the third route are Izana, Scarlet, and maybe Fuuga, so if you wanna keep everyone alive you better shell out the money for that DLC route, goyim.

The entire war is being caused by some dragon in an invisible kingdom named Anankos or some shit like that, and he resurrects some dead people like Mikoto as bosses ala Nergal.

You aren’t related to any of the siblings. Mikoto fucked the evil dragon so the Hoshido guys are just your step-siblings.

Yeah, I thought it was a bit odd since the game has not been released in EU and AU yet.

How do you even get Izana and Fuuga in your party?

Fuck you

Nohr siblings have different mothers, Xander is the only "official" son of Garon and the queen. The only one who is related to you besides Lilith, is Aqua due her mother and Kamui's mother being sisters.

Upgrade the Hot Spring to Level 3 (Joins after Chapter 17 for Birthright, and Chapter 23 for Conquest)

Update the Hot Springs to level 3 (Revelations only)

My nigga

But when nearly all of it is garbage it doesn't speak well of the game now does it? Especially when other games like Tactics Ogre did the whole three routes thing but on the same game and no mountains of DLC bullshit.

I love it when we can pretend certain people don't exist to fuel our own arguments.

I came here to tell you to kill yourself.