ITT: Where you want more games to be set

As above.

Use your own map template if you want to.
Extra points for specifying the timeline. If it doesn't matter for you then don't type anything over the place.

hijack in progress

Why not play Pharaonic? :^)

Dude! Good news!
You just born in the right time!

You can get something close to those views with minecraft and the right mods.
RTG and Sildur shaders come to mind.
Mind that some, like the little beachy islands from third pic in first post, don't looks as good while you're right on an island, only look good looking from a distance up.

NAVAL A BEST

in everyone's backyard,
and you're a peter-rabbit/thieving animal type character.

it could be like that forest maze from ragnarok online.
you'd warp from a moose infested canadian backyard to hedge-maze british gardens to a backyard marijuana operation.

where'd that idea thread go

Not enough game devs explore the rich cultural history and the beautiful, intelligent people of Africa.

You're alright

MORE EGYPT

MOAR SPESS

war of the triple alliance
30 years war
80 years war
war of the spanish succession
7 years war
mexico-american war
franco-prussian war
mahdist war
russo-japanese war
1 and 2nd sino japanese war
punic war
winter war
continuation war
african theatre ww1
macedonian theatre ww1
middle eastern theatre ww1
eastern front ww1
serbian campaign ww1
romanian campaign ww1
battle of france and the low countries
eastern african campaign
burma campaign
japanese conquest of burma
japanese conquest of indo china
japanese conquest of malaya and singapore
japanese conquest of the phillipines
soviet-japanese border war
soviet invasion of manchuria
american invasion of guam
falklands war
iraq-iran war
6 days war
yom kippur war
suez crisis

I want a game set in the Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration where you take a group of hard men and explore the most misbegotten arctic hellholes of Earth.

RECONQUISTA

Neith, cupid and Chang'e are all bretty fucking gud.

Neith with attack speed/lifedrain is fucking unstoppable. Sucks that smite is a buggy, unbalanced as fuck mess of a game.

This guy gets it

Why is she wearing a diaper?

it's like you don't even want to remove kebab

Noir detective in persia/india.

Verdun does the mustard gas part right

crimean war is a better choice
you can kill kebab,french,slavs,bongs and australians

Fist of the North Star in present day Syria.

I'd love to see FotNS in a world with guns just to see what other bullshit techniques Hokuto Shinken is capable of.

But user my backyard is in Syria
mfw i started hording guns to use as money

Not even once.

Mostly, I just want games in lush, green foresty places. I want games set in deep, dark forests where the canopy is so dense you just can't see the sky. Ever since games went 3D, lush foliage and forest environments took an absolute nose dive. Sure, there are trees, but they're spread far apart, and are too thin and scraggly and have ugly random billboarded foliage chunks. I don't want areas with trees here and there, I want FORESTS.

Me too man, they're my absolute favorite environment. I have always lingered in forest levels over all others.

If Bethesda could pry their dirty hands away from a shit engine, Argonia could be realised. Unfortunately, they'll never leave it and we'll never have a realistic swamp/amazon game.

Making a decent location with a shitton of trees isn't that easy. You need a lot of landmarks, stuff to break the monotonous tone and proper level design so the player knows where to go. Not to mention making and placing that lush foliage that you want sounds like a pain in the ass.

For some fucking reason Bethesda hates the south of Tamriel (probably because you cant ctrl+c ctrl+v the entire map), yet it would provide the most unique and varied environment
>Elsweyr would provide jungles and deserts and unhealthy doses of furries and moonsugar
>Black Marsh would provide dank swamps and muscular lizardmen

Gay.
I want a game set on Mars where you help colonize the planet. I guess it would be like a sci-fi Stardew Valley, but more complex. As a secret: if you come across a rover you could make it follow you kind of like a robotic pet.

It's so fucking weird to look at pictures like that and think "this is the surface of another planet"

It can be faggy, but Boston's clusterfuck of one-way roads could be pretty sweet for racing, if you subtract about 98% of the traffic. Back Bay is a nice grid pattern, so obviously there would be ramps everywhere for sweet jumps.

ikr

I'd like to see chilean locales and mythology. Abyss Odyssey had a lot of it, and I liked it quite a lot.

I'd also like to see more South American locales, like pic related (Salt Flats of Uyuni, aka "The Mirror of the World")

GROW

Ah, Titan.

I think that Infinite Warfare trailer had something on Titan (with the background of Saturn and it's rings in cloudy sky above it).

I wouldn't min a game based on Siberia, hell even Alaska would be nice.

The snow could be a real challenge

Well it's not exactly as you want it but there's a game called planetbase where you manage a colony on mars, it's like evil genius but without the wacky fun.

Ancient Egypt and Modern Day Italy.

America/the UK in the 1960s, not nearly as many games from this era and even fewer games that take any opportunity to do any kind of social commentary about the era

Far away from the real world.