Dragon Ball Super game when?

I wonder how much it would change since its been shown that vid related is the most powerful being in Dragon Ball universe.

Omni King make Superman and Odin look like chumps.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/mms2z
archive.is/syWqN
youtube.com/watch?v=yUhcna_B9DQ
kanzenshuu.com/tidbits/character-fates/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How come some many people haven't realized that Dragon Ball is, and has always been a comedy/parody series? Do people not get the "and then someone bigger and stronger came out of fucking nowhere" joke that so many shoenin and super-hero series pull.

The whole series seems to be just taking a piss out of the formula.

>>>/a/

because of localization

You think regular superman is OP? Go read about Superman Prime, that's only the tip of the power level faggotry iceberg.

Also Xenoverse didn't do so well so i doubt we will ever see a Super game, well maybe some handheld game or most a probably a phone game.

Because it wasn't? stop parroting the DBS apologist meme excuse for Super disregarding 2 decades of character development.

Dragon Ball had a good plot, comedy, drama and character development, it was never all about shitting up seasonal bullshit transformations to fight with enemies with bullshit powers from nowhere.

Wrong, DB had a pretty linear enemy power progression aside from Tao Pai Pai, Tenshinhan, Piccolo Daimaoh and Piccolo Jr. and even their powers levels always made sense in the context of the story unlike DBZ and specially Super.

No, it's taking a piss out of long time fans just to appeal to casuals who at best only saw a few dubbed and censored DBZ episodes around 2000's

DB franchise reminds so much about Star Wars and Indiana Jones, all this things used to be cult classics but the creators keep destroying their legacy with shit projects just to milk some shekels from retarded millennials.

Polite sage because this isn't /a/

Wow, you completely fucked up any point your were trying to make right out of the gate with that one.

I want to fug Whis

Well…it is pretty straight forward though I question the need to continue the series after DBZ ended with them fighting a pink Eldritch Abomination. I mean, where do you go after fighting a being that has killed Gods and destroyed galaxies?

And this is why some folks prefer Goku anyways..Superman sounded like he was written by a 5 year old who always wanted his character to win in every fight.

How the fuck ugly shit like DBZ or One Piece become so popular?
It looks like it's drawn by 10yo.

How is this still going? people don't get tired of this?

Must be some based 10 year old with good drawing skills.

Anyway, animation is not always the best on TV series. Super is awfully bad, still watch it though, it's fun.
Dragon Ball and DBZ have a lot of appeal, pre-Freezer saga, although there were occasional good episodes here and there, quality diminished a lot on most episodes on the Freezer saga, and if you were watching DB since the beginning, you were already hooked on the story and general DB universe even if some episodes had shitty animation/drawings/quality.

The best DBZ vidyeo gym is still Super Butouden 2.

It's mostly dumb Z/GT fans who think AF is real and focus only of the fighting and edgy transformations

Because DBZ is the most powerful form of fiction.

People can fire nukes with their hands and blow up entire solar systems.

Calling it now

Time to derail the thread
Supes is better than Goku

Just dont let him touch you

I used to think Frieza was a grill, made me rock hard.

They wouldnt fight each other
Why do people always mix a bunch of versions of Supes against a single under powered version of Goku?

I love the old db promotional art

friendly reminder that Vegeta is the protagonist of DBS and Goku is just the plucky comic relief alongside Oolong and Puar

i keep hoping krillin would secretly gather the dragon balls and make a wish like "uncap human power level so they can be bullshit like saiyans"
because krillin is a fucking badass but he gets nothing but shit on because he's at the human power cap

Saitama is better for pissing off Gokufags.

They just can't contend with the idea of a character whose entire point is that he'll always win no matter how much it doesn't make sense.

But he did get best girl

Hopefully never ever

i bet his guards are stronger than him
he strikes me more as something akin to the kaio - weak-ass noblemen of the higher dimensions

That is the fucking truth.

Reminds me of the one scene that DBZA created that was actually superior to the source material.

Get some taste faggot.

GER is too overplayed. He can only negate any effect if said effect is in the vicinity.
He couldn't even negate Made in Heaven because they were thousands of miles apart. You might argue that Giorno was around Florida in part 6 because of Dio's children reuniting, but he didn't show up when he was needed.

And people wonder why she is so great.

OK this is a dumb fucking thing to say. I'm sure some Holla Forumsfag can come along and correct me but Superman was first published in the fucking 1930s and basically created the superhero genre. There idea of Supes being overpowered is retarded because when he was created there was nothing to fucking compare his power against. This is the Seinfeld effect in full motion.

kek I was going to add this

Hell, the entire POINT of Superman is that he's overpowered. You know the old "This looks like a job for SUPERMAN?" is because NO ONE else can handle it.

Superman is best when the writer remembers that he's a sci-fi character and keeps the physical conflict short.

The only good Dragonball coming in.

Dragonball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DBZ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DBGT>DBS

We need a new OG Dragonball game.

That was fucking retarded

I'm glad these movies shit on the canon so I can be justified in thinking the canon ended with the manga

I think the true point of superman is that he's a true superman. He has absolute power but he is also incorruptible, and uses that power selflessly with wisdom and compassion.
Any human being given such power would become a tyrant - absolutely anyone. Not superman.
That's what makes his character worthwhile IMO.

Anything that comes from outside GER's range will fuck Giorno up badly

Those are masked vigilantes.

Those are mythological heroes and beings.

Superman created the superhero genre as we know it, with character with amazing abilities, a symbol that identifies them…

Oh, right.

Hercules?
Jesus?

I'm pretty certain he was talking about the Monkey King.

He's got some good taste.

Truth. This is a DB thread after all.

Once again.

Historical/Mythological beings.
Not work of media fiction to be sold to the masses and makes some dosh.
Are you retarded?

go back to reddit or whatever shithole you came from millenial

DC Comics' entire shtick is that their characters are modern mythology. They're a pantheon.
If you're arguing that somehow Superman and Hercules are fundamentally different, then you really have no ground to stand on.

Question…how fast is Giorno before one stray Instant Transmission could get behind and karate chop him to unconsciousness?

Supes is baby tier.

Who would win:

GOKU VS HULK

Daily reminder that TeamFourStar's next episode is almost finished.

Can't wait to see ripped Trunks vs Cell.

Get out scum

?

I'm not even a meme spouter.

DBZ Abridged is genuinely hilarious. It also does serious scenes alot better than Funimation did.

Oh man the company that's making a buck out of those characters is saying X and Y.

I don't give a fuck what they're saying, would you go up to an historian and say that Superman is a mythological character comparable to Hercules or Jesus?

Kill yourself retard.

If you are 12 year old who listens to One Direction.

Vid related is the only good scene in the entirety of Super

Confirmed for never having watched it.

user, you're hopeless.

actually i did watch it, they are retards who censor words like fuck but leave things like nigger/cunt or whatever else and think memespouting bullshit which is 90% of their dub is hilarious when the fact is its only funny to bandwagon hopping Narutoretards and other moeshit scum who discovered DBZ only by accident in last few years and they are trying to bandwagon it because thats the new "trend"

(checked)

Don't bother.

People on this site get unreasonably buttmad over TFS. Even if you acknowledge that the most recent season has been pretty meh.

Is this what our school system is creating?

because every time someone mentions Dragon Ball in any kind of regard TFS shills are shilling their retarded shit claiming its the Second coming of Jesus

Cuckchan Holla Forums and /vg/ has TFS shills 24/7 and some of them even admitted it

His stand has no eyelids for a reason. His reaction time exists outside of time.

Saiyan Saga was pretty memey I ain't gonna lie. Frieza saga was dope though, grade A comedy and pacing.

Androids and Cell have been whatever. Feels like I'm reading Sensible Chuckle.

You realize you can have some over lap between Hercules and Superman without going into crazy hyperbole right? If people look back on 21st century culture a few thousand years from now they'd find the heroic tales of superman quite like an ancient myth.

I think the lashing out against TFS is due to Reddit meme-spouters and running gags.

That doesn't change the fact that TFS does an excellent job. They have evolved to an actual professional voice cast, much better than Funi ever was.

Android saga is a gold mine.

You have to take your grievances up with DC themselves, then.

>archive.is/mms2z

We already had Sonic '06

…So, GER broken as hell?

They only censor Tien IIRC, because the joke surrounding him is that he is the only totally serious played-100%-straight character. So they bleep out his cussing just like if it was aired on TV, while having someone else say "shit" not five seconds later.
It's not a very funny joke, but that's why they do it.

Though I think he meant a game with custom characters beating the shit of other custom characters…after we sit through a retelling of two recently released movies.

Yes

Anyone and everyone with sufficient super strength should be able to beat him. Hell even Captain and Spidey have beaten him, and that's without a convenient plot device like kryptonite. Superheroes are just really poorly written.

Does that mean he can beat Jotaro?

But not broken enough for the gay priest's universe reboot?

Nah…knowing Jotaro, he can somehow win against GER..remember, dude won against Heaven's Dio and that thing took on GER, Tusk and Star Platinum.

We don't know. In a spinoff book (that isn't canon) he survived the reboot. It's possible.

They have some moments.

In Jorge it's said GER nulled it and GER was also the reasion Giorno wasn't called by pucci

Is that the same book with 36 Kars on Mars? And an AU where Stands where named after movies?

Well I know now anyway. I'm just glad Jotaro doesn't get nerfed to hell like Joseph did.

39 episodes

e
p
i
s
o
d
e
s

It took way to long to find a decent scene.

That scene is just powering up nonsense, though. The best parts of DB/DBZ have always been the character and "filler" episodes.

At least they had a good scene. Most shonen series nowadays couldn't find a good scene if it bit them in the ass and called it daddy.

I think so. I didn't read em because I don't know moonspeak.

I know, I always thought that DB and DBZ did fillers right…yes, even that one episode where Goku and Piccolo took a driver's test..

And none of those in super were near good.

How about sword art online 2, where there are no stakes, there's no threat, there's no ticking clock, there's nothing at all. Just people playing a VRMMO acting all dramatic while taking down trash mobs and boss monsters, and then logging off and chilling in a cafe.
Looking back, I can't even comprehend how bored I must have been to watch that shit in the first place.

Not great, no, but some of them are kind of nice. I give DBS a flat C across the board. It's a kind of entertaining watch, but it's pretty shallow all around.
The rabid hate for it is surprising, though, to the point that I think it's just a meme.

It's worse than DBZ and DB, but it's still a pretty chill watch. I wouldn't buy the series on DVD or anything, though, that's for sure.

b-b-buh that one girl nearly got raped :^)

Or any scene that reminds you that Goku is technically a husband and father responsible for supporting a family.

Though I have a question….would Gohan be royalty since his dad married a princess?

Yes

Horee shiyeet

It's not really that bad..trust me, they could've done a lot worse. Like an unnecessary retelling of a popular mecha series, replacing the characters with shitty characters and yet somehow got 2 HD Remasters.

Vegeta's kids would be royalty, too, and technically Bulma is now Queen of the Saiyans.

But Vegeta respected his father so much he kept calling himself the Prince of the Saiyans.

I guess that's true. Bulma does act more like a bratty princess anyway.

That must be the most retarded plot-point in any piece of fiction ever.

I get that Japan is middle-east tier with their "muh' honor" and selling their daughters to rich perverts, but for fucks sakes. Hospitals have security cameras, so even if the parents didn't give a shit, surely the doctors/other hospital staff would find offense in someone fucking a comatose teenager.

unf.

Also, this was filler right? hilarious.

no-no-no, the other time in SAO 2 where it happens

Japan is so low tech and backwards when it comes to offices, law enforcement and hospitals, that they honestly might not even have security cameras.
They still use fax machines instead of email over there primarily. It's a wonder their cell phones aren't rotary.

What surprises you, exactly? That people fucking hate a show that's, thus far, been host to some of the shittiest animation Dragon Ball's ever had in addition to being like 50% recap of the two movies that everybody saw, and were much better animated and 50% slice-of-life crap?

Even Toriyama thinks it's shit. He literally compared it to Dragon Ball Evolution, that is literally what he did.

I agree with what you're saying, I just think the reaction is a bit extreme. I still have fun watching it, because it has some fun moments. Also slice of life stuff has always been the best part of the Dragonball franchise.
Also gotta say, it's better than GT by a few miles and even GT was fun to watch in all of its shitty glory.

He wasn't as powerful when he was created. He couldn't fly, he could only leap over tall buildings. He didn't have x-ray vision or heat vision or any of that shit. He was basically just a modern day Hercules.

Confirmed for millenial bandwagon

I strongly disagree. GT, at least, had better animation and a plot that moved forward. GT's biggest problems were that they wasted most of its cool concepts and the massive inconsistencies, both with the rest of the series and GT itself.

Can I get a source, by the way? I'd like to see where he said that. All I can find is this:
>archive.is/syWqN

GT was just trying too hard to be dark and dire. The parts in the beginning with Pan and Trunks were okay, but it never hit a stride, and then it immediately jumped the shark with Super 17 and just kept on sailing. The animation and artstyle was also super terrible, but that's less of an issue.

Than super, yeah. But compared to DBZ it may as well be a flip book. The biggest problem is that they didn't have any cool concepts, they only had edgelord concepts. If it'd been lighthearted and bright and cheerful and mostly joke battles, it would have been a much better show.

Wrong, GT was trying to mix adventure/journey from Dragon Ball and fighting style from Dragon Ball Z

Actually animation and artstyle was great and reminded alot of people with early DBZ and DB in general, animation and artstyle of DB Super on the other hand is terrible

I chuckled in real life. I've also been pausing my viewings at various moments to catch the cringe-worthy transitional frames. Good laughs each time.
Hopefully they'll make another pass at the animations when they prepare it for DVD release, like they did with DBZ between original airing and release.

Hulk doesn't grow larger the angrier he is.
That's from the Ang Lee movie.

And failing miserably, because what they ended up with was dark and dire. The show also had a shit-tier pallette that was mostly browns. Any real colors they had were always intentionally faded. It was really depressing to watch most of the time, though it had its high points now and then.
I don't see how this can be the case, since every ki blast in GT looks like the laziest shit imaginable. Whenever there wasn't fighting going on, the animation was pretty good, though. I can agree with that.

Ultimate Shenlong
Black Star Dragon Balls
Golden Oozaru
Super Saiyan 4
Evil Shenlong
Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta
Actual consequences for using the Dragon Balls

This.

GT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Super

OP you miss spelled Dragonball Z Budokai 4.

Gt just boiled down to poor execution.

What bothers is is whether or not SSJ Gogeta was a SSGod, given the utter fuckery he pulled with that one attack like positive to negative.

Welp.

This one, though. This one:
This was a good concept. A+, 10/10. They just didn't do anything that wasn't mostly lame with the concept. It's unfortunate.

Still, the show ended up being fun even if it was pretty crappy.

This is why every real DBZ fan hated and still hates Narutoretards bandwagoners

You didn't actually watch the show, did you?

Probably just the uppermost limits of what non-god ki can do. Kind of like how Gogeta shoots rainbow fairy dust that blows Janemba to shreds in that movie.

Not remotely. I said the show is a solid C - decent and chill to watch but nothing special. It's just not bad enough for people to be having hissy fits over it is all.

He's just a really, really powerful Super Saiyan 4

All Dragonball except the original is shit

/thread

Yeah he doesn't need to be a God for it.

I mean Hit was basically ridiculously strong and not a god.

Super Saiyan Blue isn't god form, though, right? It's only God form when the hair is red?
Super Saiyan Blue vs Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (Red)?

The original as in the 42 manga volumes? I agree.

It is God Form, it's like a refined God form. They transform because they generate their own God ki instead of having to join together in a daisy chain like with regular Super Saiyan God.

That's what I said, yeah. It's got plenty of issues for sure, but it's still entertaining to watch.
I wish it was better, but it can't be helped. I'll keep watching it as long as it's free, and being moderately entertained.

Ahh, I see. You'd think Blue would be able to trounce Beerus immediately then, though, since it's a refined form of Red, and Red hit 90% of Beerus' strength.
The power level stuff is as confusing as always.

Silly, isn't it? I'm hoping Super Saiyan Blue is a hint that they're retconning the red form to just Super Saiyan Red.

inb4 they asspull that

hey

Hey

HEY

HEY!

hey

psssst

This isn't vidya.

SUPER SAIYAN GOD 4 GOGETA

VS

SUPER SAIYAN GOD SUPER SAIYAN VEGETA

VS

THE ORIGINAL SUPER SAIYAN

WHO WINS

Whoops, meant just super saiyan 4

Just wait for the real asspull: go blue and then daisy chain for Super Saiyan Purple Double God Super Saiyan

the fact they made SSJG a normal thing (despite it being just a powerup bullshit where you borrow Ki from other people) is bullshit in its own and now that Goku and others can "mimic God Ki" to produce their own SSJG form is another bullshit, Goku going Kaioken in SSJG is triple bullshit.

But this is DB Super afterall so i am not surprised, in a year or two the will come up with new SSJG mimic Ki where their hair will turn dark green and they will bulk out like Broly or USSJ2 Trunks

Heeeellloooooooooooooooo

GUIIIISE

Not vidya here!!!

There's no we are not getting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 3

Pretty sure Goku can fuck Beerus over with Kaio Ken.

I laughed my ass off when Champa threatened Hit. If someone gave Hit a Senzu bean he'd wipe the floor with Champa right then and there.

DBZ has always been vidya, user. Since the dawn of time.
But here you go, because you asked nicely.

Best DBZ vidya opening.

Krillin+18 tag team could probably send Champa packing.

i am not talking about SSJ3 God i am talking about new SSJG with different color, new ADHD audience will get tired of blue color and they will have to come up with some new color to keep them interested.

The quality skyrocketed into near-movie level the moment Cell went into Perfect form and never dropped until the end of Z for some reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=yUhcna_B9DQ

Probably because they handed it off to Korean animators rather than half-assing it with their own overworked staff.

Did any part of the audience want a new hair color to begin with? I think the one with ADHD here is Toriyama.

Im waiting for the vegeta+goku fusion

Every beast of burden has its uses, Red Ribbon Imperium Senpai.

Super has some of the worst animation ever put on celluloid. If you're fine with eating shit, that's cool with me, but don't call other people dissatisfied with shit whiny.

I'm still waiting for the filler episode where Bulma and Chi-chi fuse to punish their husbands for vagrancy, and end up getting put over Goku's knee while Vegeta spanks them.

That's a pretty good opening.

But I think this one is the best one. Final Bout was a turd as a game, but the opening is so good that it almost makes up for it.

le emprah maymay
Die please you fucking fat fuck and choke on your plastic happy meal toys

Not really. It has a lot of terrible frames, which you can have fun hunting with the pause button, but it only has a few scenes where you can actually see the animation shit the bed in real time - when it does shit the bed, though, it does it magnificently. A few scenes looked like DBZ x Charlie Brown, and gave me hearty chuckles.

I'm guessing you're not the kind of person who can appreciate terrible B-films, either, so I'm willing to chalk it up to different strokes for different folks.
I'm sorry if you're losing sleep over DBS, though.

I wonder if that guy masturbates to war orders?

They're not laughing with you.

Oh god, I remember that game. God-tier opening, agreed, but holy fuck the buyer's remorse still stings.
It wasn't just bad, the game was actually broken almost to the point of being completely unplayable.

Yamcha is truly the most pathetic character

Being Yamcha is suffering.

This is a fucking lie, sometimes the frames that they choose to use while talking about the sponcers are damn awful and they constantly hold pauses on awful frames, you don't even need access to the pause button to see the animation is consistently shit.

Being Yamcha is suffering.

fuck you warmspokes post the webm this time

I thought I told you to choke on your happy meal toys?
Well I take that back, shove them up your ass and kill yourself.

Are they? That's hilarious.
I always just skip to the end of the recap rather than watching the opening, but now I'm going to go back and watch all the openings to see this. It sounds like gold.

No, I have a problem with you shitposting the thread with your offtopic garbage.
Go and preorder your garbage dumbed down Do(ta)W3

user, you're overcommitting.

Why are you a literal memespouting underage reddit nigger?

A faggot like you doesn't deserve this get.
Eat shit and die, I'm out to play some vidya.

did you know Mr. Popo is on this title screen?

There's Piccolo too, but he doesn't appear in this gif.

Tenkaichi 3 has a shit opening but the game holds up.

Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3 are the two best DBZ games ever made.

Sadly, he didn't bless you with good eye sight.

You seriously make me want to try Warhammer less than I already did.

How can you tell without even knowing me?

Also,

Why is the sequel so bad?
Super Butoden 3 was the one I got as a kid, and I ended up spending hours trying to find secrets in what is basically an unfinished game, with only vs and tournament mode. I even tried doing like 100 matches in vs to see if I unlocked some sort of story mode. Very disappointing.

I don't know, I was disappointed with Butouden 3 too, luckily as a kid I had butouden 2 though.
Butouden 3 isn't that bad in terms of gameplay (it's on part with Butouden 2 I think) but as you say it feels unfinished for not having story mode.
Actually for a series called "Super Butouden" (Super battle stories), the only one that actually got a good interactive story mode was 2, the others don't have any story mode.
I was also disappointed by Shin Butouden on the Saturn, that game could have been the best one but they fucked up the balance on the damage with special powers, and also the stages are too damn small. No story mode either.

see pic

except you know DC is sentient fiction

ENTIRE Solar Systems?! Oh no!
That was sarcasm btw

t. Toriyama

lol

Let's talk about the Dragonball Fusions game coming out.

Who are you gonna fuse with Yamcha first?

I mean, he's still a colossal autist, but you really should take this to /a/.

Everything beyond Dragonball is absolute shit. There's no character, no adventure just fighting and striving and fighting and challenges.

No wait, how about we talk about Earth's Special Forces and how it's never coming out because the devs are stubborn fools and would rather have all their hard work shrivel and die than give people access to an early build?

Seriously, they had a hype train rolling and now they're doomed to obscurity because they simply refuse to put out a beta.

I remember seeing something about shooting rainbows from his fingers.
Supermans powerlevel changes with the writer as like all heroes, why comics blow these days, they hired fanfiction tier writers and have headcanon is canon people at the top.

Goku hands down, he'd accidentally calm the Hulk into Banner.

At least he's having and making fun.
You seen what DC does now?

The Briefs are the richest family on Earth.

This can't be real.

I wonder when we'll get to see how Bra grows up. I bet she's a slut.

Wait, is that guy in the op a villain, i can't tell. He just seems like another beerus, a guy they can't ever really cross or beat because if they did it'd fuck everything up.

Yes, beerus and beerus from another universe are having a tournament with their universes strongest fighters

Probably, that'd explain why he got nervous when whis mentioned planet vegita in the frieza movie.

No, not fat beerus, the little shrimp the both of are scared to death of.

Oh that? That's the Omni King..aka The King of All. Basically the highest level of God in the DB Universe.

Doesnt seem like a villain, guy could delete the 12 universes if he wanted to.

In truth, I went back to play Xenoverse ages later for keks and grinded a character out to lvl 83-ish before playing PvP. Now I finally understand 50 PvP matches later why Freiza has an eternal hateboner for Saiyans. FUCK THOSE ULT SPAMMING MONKEY FAGETS. Still, wouldn't trade this experience for the world. Kinda wish anons would play it more to become The Stronkest (tm) in the game.

Also, I assume some kind anons have pics/caps/memes of Xenoverse from back when 4/Holla Forums/ect. ended up playing it a lot?

You act like SSJ3 wasn't stupid bullshit. SSJG was at least different in its acquirement, and SSJB was a logical progression of Goku's and Vegeta's martial development. They also gave a logical reason for why Goku could do Kaioken with SSJB, while at the same time explaining pretty well why he never combined it with previous Super Saiyan forms. Meanwhile, SSJ3 actually came out of nowhere and looked incredibly stupid. Its only saving grace was that it was near useless due to its stamina inefficiency.

Hey guys. Something was missing in this thread… Something very crucial.

If the Omniking is so strong, why does he need bodyguards? It seems like any possible threat would basically be a sandbag for him

TFS are all SJW retarded meme spouters. You have to be twelve to think that is funny.

Japan, I'm sure its a region thing or something

Just for show…or in a world where Gods can be killed, defending the King is important.

Watch what happens in GT, she is as much a slut as her mother was when she was her age but unlike Bulma anyone who wants to get in her pants has to get through Vegeta which narrows down potential suitors real quick.

probably because he is more of a paperwork leader like King Yema or a just a symbol like Grand Kai. DB Universe is full of people with massive authority who are weaklings.

You know…if they would make a miniseries of Vegeta being an overprotective dad, that would be a fun watch.

well they said he could wipe out the multiverse on a whim

You don't necessarily need to be a powerful fighter to have special powers. Being able to wipe out the universe doesn't mean he could take a punch.

had dragon ball ever worked like that?

I must have missed that, can you fill me in?

they said something like using kaio ken uses up a lot of stamina so using it with super saiyan which also uses up a lot of stamina would be practicaly suicide. Which i guess explains why the only time goku did that is when he was already dead.

babidi and his dad could do so really freaky shit, Roshi's sister can ferry people between worlds, old Kai can make people uber powerful just by dancing around, and so on. there are plenty of character in DB that can't fight but still have incredible powers.

There was the rabbit that turned people into carrots, off the top of my head.

Because Super Saiyan is a wild release of energy, and Kaio-ken is a dangerous technique that can really damage the body if the user isn't in complete control. SSJB comes from calm, complete control of one's ki, which is why Goku finally decided to try using Kaio-ken again.

That was anime filler, though.

But then all of those people tote around super strong fighters with them.

So like omni-king, then. Meek guy with a great ability who totes around two super strong fighters with him.

But they looked pretty nervous when goku went to shake his hand.

Who? If you're talking about Beerus and Champa, that's because Omni-king has the authority to do all kinds of things if he was angered for any reason. Authority doesn't equal raw strength. If you mean the bodyguards, they looked more peeved off than nervous.

You get a bit of that at the start of GT like when he takes her shopping or when she gets hit on by some guys and he tears out their steering wheel of their car while on the road.

Vegeta is a great dad, even the Toriyama said that being a good husband and father is the one thing he will always be better at than Goku.

look pretty nervous to me.

watch the actually seen, they are mosre astounded that Goku had the stones to do that and that Omni king actually agreed to shake his hand

I meant scene

if they were just astounded they probably wouldn't be sweating.

Eye twitching like that comes from anger, though. The sweat is probably from the effort of holding themselves back from not beating him to a pulp that instant.

theres no eye twitching, they just stare at him. Look how scared they are. omni kings a beast.

Believe whatever you want.

The Dragon got murdered at least once.
I think he can get killed by everyone right now.

Better to just put the bottle down, buddy.

well the dragon is only as strong as the person who made him right?

nah, just sleep deprived and can't fall asleep (I hate pills)

Also I am pretty sure that the dragon is a lot more powerful than that, with his power he could just wish for himself to at least be on par with SSJ4 like the fuckers from GT.

Where do you get that from?

Still does many great things.

I'm honestly surprised Gokus kids aren't fucked up.

I'm just assuming because they say the dragon can only do things that the creator can do.

Kami and Dende couldn't bring back millions of dead people but the dragon can.

Again, where are you getting this from?

Chichi and to an extent Piccolo are largely responsible for that.

The dragon is only as "strong" as its creator, but it's still capable of things Kami/Dende cannot do, like grant youth or immortal life, or bring back an entire planet.

Shen Long actually says he can't kill someone that's stronger than his creator. Don't remember the episode though.

I'm pretty sure they say that at some point when dende makes the new dragon. And yes they could do that since they could go to otherworld and just bring them back. They probably don't because of rules or whatever.

They did say it, think it's within their power level but aren't capable of performing it.
This is Dragonball, like explaining magic.

What weeb drink would I pour in remembrance for Videls hair?

Did Piccolo have much to do with Gohans younger brother?

that thing created lavos?

But they can't. Otherwise, there would be no actual reason for Goku to have only been back for a day. Hell, a Kaioshin had to kill himself to actually bring Goku back to life.

gohan probably raised goten.

It's the episode where they go to revive goku, one of them gets the idea of wishing the sayans aways and shenron says that.

and yenma said "hey you know what vegeta you should come back", and he did.

Yemma is also a higher authority than a Kami, and he has direct involvement with the dead, unlike the Kaioshin. Also, Vegeta was fresh dead with his body specifically preserved ahead of time. There's a lot of factors you aren't taking into account.

I doubt any of those factors matter. Yenma says something like "I'll make a special exeption" implying that he can easily bring people back hes just making a rules exeption and considering its just yenmas job do judge the dead and not anything actually involving dieing or rebirth i'm sure its safe to also assume that any kami could bring someone back if they could get away with it. Also vegeta fucking exploded.

Only for a day and he still needed Babba for that.

That was about coming back for 1 day

what said, watch the the buu saga, Gohan takes care of Goten most of the time.

Something fruity and low alcohol since she is still in high-school but also DBZ style of ridiculous.

How about a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster? Just add some carbonated water to lower the alcohol content.

That makes no fucking sense! He can resurrect entire planets, grant immortality, and so on but he can't send two sayians to Other World while still being able to bring over a bunch of super sayians back?

I don't remember this. What episode or movie is it from?

Can he actually do that, i've never seen that happen.

i'm sure that last part has someting to do with power levels and how they can hide them whereas the sayans couldn't do that eariler blah blah blah

Rea

*You can really tell that this show was not suppose to go beyond the namek saga.

End of Buu saga, earth gets destroyed and then resurrected instantly.

So hiding your power level is enough to fool a being that can individually pick out good guys from bad guys when resurrecting people like it did during the end of the namek arc when it brings back Vegeta along with a bunch of other people who died?

I would buy a Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with Super characters instantly

I didn't even smile, man

Which is odd since Goku's whole training for the Cell Games was all about controlling SSJ1 to its fullest potential.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him I wonder if Goku took him back to earth from the moon?

Because that is not "killing them". Its more about wording than anything else. Meaning if you ask Shen to kill them, he will interpret it as using his powers to directly take away life and said that he cant if they're stronger than his creator.

However if you ask him to send them to the Sun that can kill them, then he will. Since he is not directly killing them but changing their course to their doom.

Its the genie complex theory thing or whatever the fuck its called where the genie will take every word you say as literal.

The quality jumped all over the place in the Buu saga. The battle betwen Goku and Vegeta alone was passed between like, four different animators.

I guess it's better than just ripping off aqua teen hunger force for that fake namek episode.

One thing that really bothers me is that the fights get less intimate throughout the series as the power levels rise. DB and DBZ prior to the Android Saga has a lot of fights that dabble in cool ideas, but it tapers off into hyper speed punching with the occasional energy blast and death ball afterwards. Compare Frieza vs Goku to Gohan vs Cell, it just doesn't feel as good when they're not tearing the landscape asunder by beating each other to a bloody pulp.

At least Goku vs Majin Vegeta was good.

I still say Saiyan Saga Vegeta vs, Goku was the best fight in the whole series. Closely followed by the Ginyu Force.

The action was great, they used actual martial arts techniques and trickery to one-up each other, and in the end the fight came down to everyone doing absolutely everything in their power to defeat Vegeta.

Thanks doc.

the kais truly are lazy degenerates

even goku takes the piss out of them

he died when the moon was blown up one of those 3 times

Firstly, Shenlong has never canonically given anybody immortality. If he did I imagine it would be the same deal as Muten Roshi, you're immortal so long as nobody kills you.

Secondly, it's much easier, in the Dragon Ball universe, to revive or restore health than it is to kill someone especially since, because they're dead, they don't have any ki.

Actually no, they just drift through space

kanzenshuu.com/tidbits/character-fates/

I liked the opening.

The question is just how meta Dragon Ball gets. Omni-King is the king of the 12 universes, but is our universe included in that? Because note that The Anti-Monitor destroyed our world, the real world, in 1985, and the original, weaker Superman, defeated him. Then 20 years later, he and another alternate Superman from said destroyed real world recreated our world, complete with false history and memories to fill in the missing two decades, which is why we feel like we were here the whole time. The alt-Superman from our world then killed the original Superman, but main-Superman (the main Superman is actually from the '50s, the original Superman from the '30s and '40s is a different guy) defeated him.

A couple years later it turned out The Anti-Monitor, and his good counterpart, the Monitor, were both only puppets controlled by a higher level being from beyond the multiverse who used the two "Monitors" to go into the DCU (which includes our world) and make it cooler. But he got corrupted and became nothing. And as the essence of nothingness, he used his influence over the multiverse to try to suck the life out of everything, including us, the readers, by making comics lame and trying to kill them and their heroic ideals off. Note that comics as an industry crashed HARD in the '90s and is now practically dead. Meaning this villain, Mandrakk, practically succeeded. But luckily it turns out that Superman is powered by our belief in him, and he is the essence of goodness, imagination, thought, and life itself. So as long as we believe in those things, Superman cannot be truly defeated, and he beat Mandrakk and stopped him from turning us, the literal readers, into mindless ghouls.

Also, Mandrakk is only the second strongest villain in the DCU, if not even lower. The Empty Hand once destroyed the Marvel Multiverse on a whim (in a DC comic, which came out the same week the Marvel Multiverse was actually destroyed in their own crossover) just to prove a point to another alt-Superman/Barack Obama.

Omni-King's powers aren't very well defined yet, but I bet Superman can beat him.

They did. The DVD version looks much better.

….I thought Superman was just a plant alien with an allergy to magic.

If Katchin is the strongest metal in the known universe, why did it never occur to any of the Kai to try to materialize an incredibly thick box of it to trap Majin Buu inside of it? I'm talking like, a planet sized box.

Beings who have killed super-gods and destroyed universes, obviously.

Actually the stories that get referenced are just meta as shit. They're not all as great as the hype they get, but they're the epitome of 2deep4u superhero comics. They're the type of things you need to read decades of continuity to understand. it's just just asspulls, it makes sense in context. And every time they give villains on these levels to challenge the heroes. It's just about raising the stakes higher and higher. You don't think they can raise them any higher, but they always find a way. After 75 years they've gotten pretty fucking high. But that's the point.

Note that original Superman pretty much fought gangsters and sometimes warlords for like the first 20 years. There was the occasional mad scientist but they didn't do the crazy shit you'd see in the '50s and later.

You don't need to mix different versions of Superman. Current Superman is near his peak power, if not more powerful than he's ever been. He was depowered in 1985 but slowly got more powerful again. He pretty much just gets more and more powerful except for that one time they depowered him.

And usually people talk about end Buu Saga Goku, or now that the series is back, whatever new Super Saiyan form he has. Fair enough.

Obviously these are related, but it's disingenuous to identify their stories as the same as the superhero stories that came after. They're big influences, but not quite the same.

Besides, Superman is literally a ripoff of the character Hugo Danner from Philip Wylie's novel, Gladiator. If you're gonna point at anything, point at that.

And Batman's first story is literally a Shadow story with the names replaced and a different costume drawn.

Luthor, go home, you're drunk.

The point of the superman is that we can all strive to be the superman. His powers may be beyond belief, but his ideals and morality are things we can all do if we just try. He's just a guy who tries to help to the best of his ability. He just has insane ability. But if we all just tried to do the right thing, like he does, we'd have a much better world.

Maybe in the future you'll be able to argue that, but I think the fact that Superman and these other characters are copyrighted concepts to be whored out does have an impact. It fundamentally changes how their stories evolve over time.

What you're doing is essentially arguing that sports games and arcade games like pong are the same thing. One obviously influenced the other, but saying Madden is truly the same genre as Tennis for Two is disingenuous.

Maybe before the Android Saga, before they started taking themselves seriously, and forgot to make the jokes they do have actually about DBZ, instead of just referencing themselves or other memeshit.

I sure did love Cell singing Mister Sandman for like two minutes. Comedy gold.

That page isn't by DC, and it leaves out Hugo Danner. DC has acknowledged in the past that Superman was originally Hugo Danner. After the Crisis on Infinite Earths, when the original Superman was erased from history, he was replaced in history by a character called Iron Munro, Hugo Danner's illegitimate son. Because by this point it was the '80s and Gladiator was public domain. Now they could admit what happened without getting sued.

Best episode of Dragon Ball Super, maybe Dragon Ball overall, is the one with Mr. Satan saying how he saved the world from Beerus. Vegeta taking his family to the amusement park is pretty good too.

Bulma was already modern royalty, as the daughter of the richest people on earth.

He does get stronger though. Which means he must be getting more dense. So the gravity bit still works.

It's when they turn Super Saiyan while being a Super Saiyan God. And Vegeta managed to do it without the magic spell Goku used. He just plain trained so hard he became a god. Then Super implies you have to be a god under your own power to become Super Saiyan God, so presumably Goku did it too.

Obviously you just need five Super Saiyan Gods to become Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God, and then you need five Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Gods to become a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

That was probably Red Kryptonite. Red Kryptonite gives him a temporary random effect each time he comes in contact with it. It's used to set up all sorts of crazy stories, but mostly back in the '50s and '60s. However, since it's temporary, nobody ever counts his powers under Red Kryptonite when discussing his actual power level. It could make him weaker, it could make him stronger, it could turn him into a gorilla. But it doesn't count.

If you read the actual stories in order, they mostly do a decent job with keeping the power consistent. It goes up and down over the 80 years of his history, but there are in story reasons for it. It usually isn't just that the writer doesn't give a shit. But yeah, sometimes it is. It's gonna happen a couple times when you have three or four thousand issues containing the character.

You seen what DC does now?
That second image you posted looks like it's probably an alt cover from last year when Superman became Doomsday. That was the tightest shit and incredibly fun.

He's only king of the multiverse, the 12 universes. The bodyguards need to protect him from omniversal threats, guys who threaten whole multiverses.

Then why didn't he wish himself to not get killed by King Piccolo?

If someone is more powerful than him, then he can't control them. He can't wish Goku back to life without Goku's consent because Goku is much more powerful than him. By the same token, he can't kill the Saiyans. He probably could if they consented to it, though.

It's clearly too strong for them. It gives Super Saiyan Gods a run for their money, and those guys are way, way stronger than any Kai.

Only when you look at it from the lowest plane of reality, but the higher you go, the more you find Superman still exists in more and more abstract and powerful forms.

Jojo may have overpowered stands, but the stand of the strongest mc is still leagues weaker than Goku and GER doesn't fucking count, it only appeared once as a complete asspull

That is simply false, Saint Seiya main cast is way more OP

It kinda feels like that, since Wiss is way stronger than him

He couldn't beat gay priest's Maiden Heaven

Oh great, princess of a mostly dead race

And DC fucked it up so badly they needed the Flashpoint paradox to solve it, and it only ruined it further

The Sword in the Stone of the Kai World was supposedly impossible to get out, and see how it ended

That map of the multiverse is from after Flashpoint. Flashpoint didn't change the nature of the multiverse at all, it just changed the histories of some universes. Flashpoint altered the timeline, not the multiverse. Crisis on Infinite Earths was done because the multiverse was thought to be too confusing though. And then Infinite Crisis brought it back because they realized that was the fun of it.

Not really, been tying to think of something to jump ship from Marvel but DC was in the same shit hole for a while before apparently diving deep into edge.
That being said, I think Marvel has severely crippled my interest in comics. I really need to find a way to get interested in manga again.

Guess all this DCU shit is what happens when they keep doing the same trash over and over for almost a century.

But they only started getting absurdly meta in the last 25 years or so. And it wasn't in major crossovers and shit until the last decade.

Man, the movies and Super really cements that Krillin got the best wife out of the whole cast. Hot, can kick ass, most damn loving wife and mother, probably ages slowly, and has infinite stamina for night time activities.

Yeah but Krillin probably had his dick clamped off the first time they boned. She is multitudes stronger than Frieza, after all, and that nigga conquered the galaxy.

That lucky baldie always had the best waifus.

18 will probably kill him when she realizes he named their daughter after his airheaded ex, though.

I don't know, Krillin has survived all sorts of shit despite how relatively weak he is.

She was anime filler, though, so she might as well just have been Krillin's imaginary waifu.

Being nice is how you get stepped on, so morality is actually a weakness. There's actually recent research to support the idea that altruism is detrimental to society. It's been common knowledge forever, but finally some research is corroborating it.

What makes Superman special, is that he's immune to all forms of vice and folly. He's a perfect being in every possible way, the mirror opposite of humans who are flawed beings in every possible way.
Superman is an ideal to aspire to, so long as it's understood that that ideal is impossible to reach.

Wow, just how rushed are they for their TV air dates? The difference is ridiculous.

oh yeah, i forgot that everybody except goku can breathe vacuum

YO THAT LITTLE KID LOOKS LIKE A TENNIS BALL

Fuck off, Lex, you gay bitch. I saw you in that new movie. Your motivations didn't even make any sense. I hope you enjoyed getting buttraped by Ben Affleck.

It wasn't a lack of time. Toei is just cheap as hell, and so will wait until the blu-rays to do actual good animation, because the discs are where all the otaku money is at.

The last good DBZ game was Budokai 3.
Prove me wrong.

Well what do you expect, it's not like the moon is full of air either.

Step up your game, nigga.

Too bad she was a filler character that doesn't canonically exist, also he named his daughter Marron because it's another chestnut pun, like his own name.

I've never even heard of this one, what the fuck?

nothx

I think think she was in the manga, so would be as if she didn't exist.

Ben Affleck is a gentle lover, user.

Nigga, you don't understand.

he can reduce everything to zero. EVERYTHING.

Power, speed, your age, your death, he can either kill you or never stop killing you without having to be there.

If a nuke hit his face he'd reduce the blast to zero, as if it never happened to anything.

if you shot him with anything, bullets or ki blasts, he'd reduce the energy of those things to zero.

If you TOUCH him, he can reduce your speed to zero and prevent you from moving, and if he kills you, you die forever.

Literally, you die FOREVER. As in over and over and over with no end, unavoidable. And it can orchestrate your death through your surroundings, using chance happenings to get you killed.

is there an ambulance? you'll be run over by it. In a hospital? Killed by malpractice. Shallow puddle of water and nothing else? You'll drown in it.

he could also reduce matter to zero, nulling it from existence.

I mean it'd take him a long time to destroy an entire world, but if he's in play, there is no way to beat him. NO. WAY.

You sound like that Naruto copypasta man, chill the sperg a bit.
It's JoJo, there are a million ways GER could lose.

explain one.

it hurts

Yeah in a non canon game where the effect that caused it going by the rules of both stands shouldn't have even worked but the writers needed a way to put Giorno in without letting him auto win And let Jewtaro win because oraora XD .

Man, that sure sounds stupid

Because it's an ascended stand and they're all stupid.

The first could just kill you by knowing the owners name then send the user back a couple minuets (making the victim unlearn the name) then when the time passes the victim explodes again

And another one's presence alone forced everyone in spain who wasn't a stand user to mutate into mush, while having a defense mechanism that made it only attack able from certain angles based on it's shadow

Best use of motion controls. I finally feel like I can do a Spirit Bomb.

Superman villain Mister Mxyzptlk is from the fifth dimension. Beings from the fifth dimension have effectively omnipotent control over beings from lower dimensions, like Superman's third dimension. (We would be either third or fourth dimension, depending on your perspective.) Mxy is a wizard in his home dimension. The most powerful wizard. Superman beats him every 90 days. He's not considered a high level threat. Not compared to guys like The Anti-Monitor, who ate universes, one by one, until where once there were infinite universes, there were eventually only five. Not compared to Parallax, who destroyed all of time itself. Not compared to Superboy-Prime (who is only as powerful as Superman was when he was a child), who punched reality itself so hard that Robin woke up in his grave after 15 years, Doctor Thirteen never existed, and Wonder Woman joined the Justice League 20 years ago. Not compared to Mandrakk, who came within a hair's breadth of destroying the concept of life itself.

Thats not how infinity works

That's how powerful the Anti-Monitor is.

Even if he could consume a googleplex of universes in an attosecond he wouldnt ever get to 5. Its just not how infinity works

The fact that he breaks comprehension and essential concepts of reality itself are the whole point.

Plus it turned out he was only a puppet of a vampire from a higher level of reality, who also controlled his good guy nemesis, and only did all this fucking with the multiverse to try to make it cooler and more profitable.