So how are you enjoying the Ace Attorney anime?

So how are you enjoying the Ace Attorney anime?

It is indeed low budget, why the sage though you shithead faggot? You're clearly on topic.
Sage is not your personal downvote button you reddit cancer.

They took 3 fucking chapters for white and they're probably gonna do 3 more chapters for steel samurai case which was shit to begin with…

I might drop it and wait for the von karma one.

They are indeed doing 3 for Steel Samurai. The next episode is called "2nd Trial" rather than "Final Trial" like the 3rd part of Redd White was.
But this episode already has a scene with Von Karma.

At least Oldbag wasn't as annoying as she is in the game.

Sage is whatever I want it to be.

I'm not normally a dubfag, but man, it's not the same without "Objection !"

And yeah the animation is low budget as fuck, which is confusing for an anime that's not rushed for the game's released.

That's mostly because the anime is following the "perfect" speedrun route with literally 0 random evidence presenting, pressing or examining objects. Oldbag's faggotry comes mostly out of presenting random shit to her and pressing her on the stand.

>>>/reddit/

Is it being low budget a big deal? Seems appropriate

Also, whats a good way to get into the games?

Can you sage on reddit too? I never even was there.

Play them in order. Every game stems from AA1's story in some way, and while there are some additions, the core concept is always the same.

Play them in release order as they're incredibly story heavy.
So:
1. Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright
2. Ace Attorney: Justice for All
3. Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
4. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney is next release-order wise but it's better to play Investigations first, so Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth goes here
5. Ace Attorney Investigations: Prosecutor's Path (you will need to look for the fantranslation of AAI2 on GBATemp, Final v2 is the one you want)
6. Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice
7. Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (flows much better when played directly after Apollo)
8. The upcoming Ace Attorney 6

Low-budget.
Shit opening and ending.
Music is some generic shit instead of great soundtrack from original VN - seriously, where is Gumshoe's theme?
Trials look more like boring real trials and less like bombastic shit-flinging.

I am extremely dissapointed.

Don't forget the layton crossover, which is pretty easy for a layton game, but is a fantastic ace attorney game, as the layton gameplay makes a great replacement for the investigation portions of the ace attorney gameplay

Kennedi check em

They do use music from the game but not all of it for some reason. Turnabout Sisters and Gumshoe's Theme missing are pretty annoying.

At least this scene looked good.

Get cancer and die you shitposting nigger.

Do something about it.

They should make a Steel Samurai spinoff show. In fact, Capcom should have made a Steel Samurai spinoff game ages ago, could be a side scrolling beat em up.

They would actually need budget for the Steel Samurai anime.
And Capcom doesn't care about anything that isn't rehashing existing IPs, Steel Samurai would technically be a new IP.

I want to fuck her.

I love Kennedi Cotarelo!

They're shipping her with Phoenix very hard in the anime.

Is there anything good about the anime?

Pretty faithful to the games if you can forgive the lack of Gumshoe's theme, Turnabout Sisters (which they're saving for the inevitable 4th case ending with Maya leaving) and generally low budget.
I like it but only because I played the games, I honestly wouldn't recommend it if you didn't play them but if you did you should get some enjoyment out of it.

These easy to emulate?

Actually I was reffereing to the fact that Phoenix/Maya is a shit ship and him and Iris are better.

Guess if I'm that bored I might give it a shot later on.

thanks for the hot list
I've been looking for someone to order these for me for awhile
I believe I own the first three games

Grab Desmume and go to town, yes.

If I can recommend, go to TW subs since they're the only ones doing typesetting. HorribleSubs is naturally just rips from Crunchyroll since HS don't sub anything, they just rip from Crunchy and Funimation.

Yep, download a DS emulator DeSmuME is recommended and the ROMs for eah game and you are read to go. However, Dual Destinies and Ace Attorney 6 are 3DS exclusives and currently, Citra, the 3DS emulator is still in development and isn't recommend for playing games yet.

Thanks for the tip

By the time he plays through AA1-3, AAI1-2 and gets to Apollo, the 3DS emulator should be good enough to play the games by then.

2 months? Gee I wish it was so. I played through the first 5 games in like 5 weeks but that was pretty fast on my part I guess.

I'd have burned out hard if I did that so I generally assume others would to. Playing 1-2 of the games per month is best the way I see it.

Thanks

Iris showed up like, twice. We only know her from flashbacks, really.

Took about a month for me to play through AAI2 but that was because I was holding back and wanted to savour the experience.

Felt a better romantic connection between her and Phoenix and Maya and Phoenix. Maya and him feel more like brother/sister or something like that, nothing romantic, at least that's what I believe.

>While being kidnapped Maya drew a picture of Phoenix on DeKiller card
Maybe is one sided, but there sure is romance. Phoenix is just too dense to notice and Maya is just too low profile as well.
He was more flustered with Iris because of her resemblance with Dahlia.

Iris and Phoenix relationship is kind of pushed.

I dropped it. There's nothing enjoyable about watching the investigation if you don't have to think it through. Unraveling the mystery is 90% of the fun and that's all lost when you turn it into a passive medium like anime.

Even if you still enjoy it, they've converted the story to an episodic format in a very clumsy way. Lots of the dramatic pauses where you get cornered are removed to streamline the plot and it ruins the tension. An OVA for each case would be a better format.

Just for that comment I'm saging this post.

needs better music
however the silver samurai music at least stayed

Its a mediocre AA game and an alright Layton game. Its a decent crossover overall, but its only slightly better than JFA and worse than AJ.

So do we get to see Phoenix bunnyhopping all over the place?

I never happened, the creators said so years ago. I agree.

It*

I figured Phoenix is trying to keep distant with Maya because of his time with Mia. Might be kind of weird going to his colleague and crush's younger sister on the rebound. Especially if said crush has the ability to come back to the mortal realm.

But I didn't play the entire series, so I'm in the dark here.

I keep telling my friends to watch the burger version but they're all idiots who pay for crunchy so they can't find the sub track