Do the Lady Death comics contain high quality stories?

I've heard the crucible arc is good. However, there isn't much of a consensus on the more recent stuff.

Regardless, I do desire that Aries variant cover for Dragon Wars

I wouldn't know, but I'd like to.
Lady Death is probably the last still remaining relic from the 90s that hasn't received the Current Year yet, but that is because she returned to her creator.

So basically, she was one of the lucky ones. We'll see if Brian can actually write a good LD comic in 2017 or if he just has his head far up his ass.

I don't have any recent comics from 2017 on me, but I have several of her comics, but not in order. Might as start with her origin story.

And that is all for her origin story… What are your thoughts, user?

That was actually a pretty enjoyable read there. Hopefully the newer comics are of similar quality or better yet, an improvement.

I did end up buying that Aries variant in the end. Literally was 99/99 so the last out of the limited print, and I'm gonna open it cos IDGAF.

You are welcome.

I have more stuff to upload but here is the thing, I don't know which order I should post since the books are all over the place. There are even reboots that changed Lady Death being sent to Hell, to just being sent to some dark medieval universe in the Underworld populated by demons, but isn't really a Hell (since there is no Lucifer and people aren't tormented here).

It's better than what I expected. That character design is still bleh though

What's up with the endless No.1's? How is anyone supposed to know what order any of the comics are in? Unless every arc is a retcon, I can't see why that wouldn't be confusing for readers.

Lady Death has passed through numerous publishers before creator Brian Pulido finally forms a self-publishing company called Coffin Comics just for her.

There's an animated movied of this story, isn't there?

The whole thing is available on YouTube too.

Yep and the whole movie is an adaptation of the comic I storytimed above.

In a nutshell this what said, but there are like three Lady Death continuities.

- The original Chaos! comics which take place in the Biblical hell and its also the same continuity where his brand new Coffin Comics take place. Lady Death is Swedish there.

- The Crossgen continuity called Medieval Lady Death, which is a whole new story and has nothing to do with Hell, but actually fae-like beings called the Eldritch, which Lady Death is half-human. She is Russian instead of Swedish.

- And the Avatar Press/Boundless continuity, which is similar to the original one, but rather than taking place in Hell, it takes place in the Labyrinth, a dark underworld populated by humans and demons that is akin to Lord of the Rings. She is Austrian there instead of Swedish or Russian.

If the film is about this version of LD, then it's obviously the far more superior story arc. Hell, Brian is using that plotline for his current run, therefore the other two are at best fanfiction.

The last two sounds like they tried to remake the franchise while trying to not offend christians.

The movie is an adaptation of the Chaos! universe yes, with a slight alterations. LD's father and Lucifer are combined into a single character and the plot about Matthias trying to usurp Hell's throne is adapted out entirely.

That is very likely given that those switched creators and Brian Pullido gives no fucks about putting stuff like a female angel seducing Lady Death.
Even then, the Avatar/Boundless comics aren't really bad themselves despite sounding like fan-fiction of the original continuity.

Pretty bleh, but that splash page battle scene in the snow is nice.

Thanks user.

Since I found the order, I am gonna upload the follow up to the Reckoning.

Thanks user.

That was a very interesting and entertaining arc. I particularly like the use of Christian lore as the basis for it's plot.

Does anyone feel like this is way better than Patriotika?

What's that? Sounds like an alcoholic beverage.

This comic

The Kickstarter for the new LD comic expires in just over 24 hours. Hopefully it's good.

Wasn't sure if I should back it, bu this reward is very tempting.

Did you get it? The Kickstarter has finished now, and every stretch goal was obtained.

Best Kickstarter I've contributed to tbh.

bump

Why would you bump this? There's nothing to post until the KS comic is released.

wrong field idiot.

Thanks OP

Surprised this thread isn't dead yet.

I did end up getting that Aries variant of Dragon Wars. I think the story is set somewhere between the origin story and "Between Heaven and Hell" which is here

Apologies in advance for the scan quality.

I'm gonna be uploading Unholy Wars when I get it. Hopefully, this thread doesn't die before then.

Are you still alive, user?

Unholy Wars isn't out yet…