Dishonored 2: Kaldwin Boogaloo

Gameplay is what really interests me - Dishonored's gameplay was kinda shit to be honest.

Probably trying to nab that Thief market, plus they'll likely make Corvo a snarky smart-ass like Garrett.

Magic-fueled parkour/freerunning basically confirmed. Mark my words.

Heh, I won't even be looking at this one.

I'm probably going to be on the minority here, but I really liked Corvo as a silent protagonist.
Well, not like I care enough about this franchise to buy the second game anyway.

Corvo as a silent protagonist would've worked if they didn't try to give him dialogue choices and make it like people actually talked to him (actually, even then it probably wouldn't have worked. Half-Life 1 only pulled it off because Freeman barely interacted with anyone, aside from being given/giving instructions). I liked Daud way more if only because they realized how retarded that shit was.

That being said, I still don't know why they replaced the Outsider's lush voice with that dopey faggot from Gotham.

Most people like silent protagonists though.

Fuck Bethesda though, they'll probably never let Arkane make Arx Fatalis 2.

Alright, am I the only one who's getting a little bit tired of this image? Here, try something a bit different

Or be in charge of Elder Scrolls.

Elder Scrolls is inherently shit, though. There is no saving that trash, even if Arkane were allowed to make the gameplay god-tier.

the art still looks like shit

If they didn't do that with the first dishonored, what the fuck makes you think the second one has any hope?

Arkane went through a lot of shit with Bethesda during the development of the first one, and whenever they asked the community what they want, "make the action/combat better like Dark Messiah" has generally been near the top of the list. Now that they've got a better engine, and Bethesda (hopefully) looks at them as a potential cash-cow, they might be afforded more freedom.

But they still need to leave Bethesda at some point in the future. Fuck the Dishonored series if it means we can get Arx Fatalis 2 somewhere down the line.

Bethesda sucks the soul of its workers and lures fools with gold
Nobody will break the conditioning

I hope they don't pull that shit again, I just want to have fun.

Obsidian did.

The game was originally meant to be just a straight-up Thief successor, with none of that bullshit binary-morality stuff (doing certain stuff non-lethally would just unlock special bonuses or something), but then Bethesda came on board, and it ended up in there.

They did say they fixed it, though, so you have the "good" ending, the "bad" ending, and the "neutral" ending. Plus they added robots, probably just so people could wreck shit without getting penalized for killing people.

I meant to say Zenimax but Obsidian does apply thou
Even when they got SJW'd and Avellone left, that's a lot of damage but they did get out

Daily reminder

p.s. play a pre-Zenimax Arkane game you pleb

Some new info, courtesy of Game Informer.

If you can't be fucked reading through the whole thing, here's the highlights:

This is about all I could get for now.

Whoops, forgot one last image.

Game Informer video explaining some additional Dishonored 2 gameplay stuff, courtesy of some guy on YouTube.

Eh, I might play it. Games like these become ok if you shell out zero dollars for it.

rollin

This is why they don't fucking change, and why they'll always be shit.

Nigga, how stupid do you think I am?

If I like what I see at E3, and the YouTube videos after it's released, I'll consider pirating it. But no way is Jewesda getting a single shekel from me.

I don't think you're stupid at all, I just feel the need to remind people that things don't change if you keep voting for crap with your wallet.

Aaaaand dropped, fuck sneaking when you can just teleport around.

Perhaps Corvo is just this game's Easy mode.

Dark Messiah is one of the worse games I way ever played, while Dishonored is one of the few games I really enjoyed these last years. I'm really waiting to see what they did for the sequel.

I just hope they didn't break the the powers too much like they did for Daud in the dlc, that kind of sucked. Also I really hope they kept the variety of ways you can go do do the mission, but hey, Zenimax so I won't be surprised if it turns out to be casul shit.

That's not confirmed, right? He does a lot of supporting characters in other games, I can only hope they keep it that way.

Far from the worse but they are fuckups, Square takes the cake in ruining beloved franchises. It's almost like they have a side bet going to see who can cause more damage.

Shitposting is against the rules
Or at least it was

All that makes it seem these guys have no challenge at all
God mode should not be a plot/gameplay's major point unless you literally play as one and people know this

Hopefully with the 2nd installment they make non-lethal less boring; no point striving for the harder to get good ending when you can't use 90% of the gear available and you just have to reload saves nonstop.

rollin

Goddammit, looks like that's what most everyone is "reporting."
This industry just needs to implode.

dishonored is casual shit, you're casual shit.
I'd rip your asshole open in DM multi

Ok

Fucking hell games never get Cthulhu correct just stop it

The Call of Cthulhu one breaks my heart errytime

He has a voice actor now?