SS13 - Pure Anarchy No Server edition

Summary:
So now:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/TcnJHTJD
github.com/octareenroon91/-tg-station
github.com/RoleplayRascal/-tg-station
discord.gg/0vxitFmjUcbJgqdb
github.com/octareenroon91/-tg-station/tree/d56e58654a1c628f1daf518f74e25b7d2ac34023
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
tgstation13.org/wiki/Swarmer
foxnews.com/us/2016/05/01/new-jersey-police-officer-reportedly-investigated-for-brake-checking-motorist.html?intcmp=hplnws
foxnews.com/opinion/2016/05/03/missouri-state-booted-student-from-counseling-program-over-christian-beliefs-says-lawsuit.html?ICID=ref_fark
cbs5az.com/story/31868978/mesa-az-student-arrested-for-indecent-exposure-in-yearbook-picture
nypost.com/2016/04/28/i-want-all-the-perks-of-maternity-leave-without-having-any-kids/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link
local8now.com/content/news?article=377624021
cbsnews.com/news/man-wearing-this-guy-needs-a-beer-shirt-charged-with-dui/
pastebin.com/iP7bNmsT
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nel for godking, crown the eurofag who can save us all
never happening, sadly
are the doomstation anons still about, how's that going

But why?
Why the fuck did he do it?
Also doomstation when?

pastebin.com/TcnJHTJD

Doomdev stopped posting progress, so either he is working HARD or he gave up/hiatus.

Anyone got the gitgud.io of our dear hatecode?

Yo faggots, I can start up a server if you all want.
I was the fuckhead who owned honkstation.

Don't waste your bandwith. There's too many people who got driven away from the game by gitgud's faggotry.

serb where

If you're gonna do it, don't expect many players right now, lots of people are avoiding ss13 threads due to what happened(I know I did for a longass time).
Also, use hatecode.

Do it anyways.

Thats fine. Aslong as someone plays, I'll be happy. Also, is the github still up? I've got an outdated version of hatecode.

Is this the new drama of the month?
When will you goyim learn? The entire admin staff for pizza2/hate has been unadulterated cancer from the get go, only getting worse over time. New drama each month, literally 0 players for extended periods of time because of that crap. Everytime a solution is offered, you fall for the admin's metasamefaggotry and FUD.

This one should be the lastest:
github.com/octareenroon91/-tg-station
Last updated around 2 months ago I think, get yourself a github/gitgud so people can make PRs.

Thanks. I currently dont have a dedicated server up yet however I can start hosting temporarily from a computer I have in my house. Eurofags will have some connection issues.

Specifically,

Shouldn't he just fork from our codebase? Why do you keep suggesting /tg/ forks when their code is different with every commit?

I made a fork from hatecode.
Anyway. Do you guys want to wait for the dedicated server to come up or would you rather play on a hosted server until the dedicated server is up.

He's talking about Octareen's /tg/ fork, which is our codebase.

I meant octa's tg-based station code.

post the fork here for future reference.

github.com/RoleplayRascal/-tg-station

If you forked hatecode from Octa's repo you'll need a fix for the inhand sprites.
Drop by the Discord, it's just a couple lines that got fucked with dismemberment copypaste.

I'd also tell you to either disable the mutant races that need greyscale or simply remove the greyscale altogether and have plant/slime people be a default colour. That will get rid of the invisible people sprites.

Why do plantpeople have grayscale anyways?
They're always green to me.

What discord? Provide a link please.

Oh right, of the top of my hat:
Those either require some sort of special sprite with greyscale treatment done to them, or you can simply disable greyscale on the species code and have them use normale sprites (that you'd need made anyway)
Hoenstly, just disable them and renable again later.

I never got around to code "tomato", "potato" and "lettuce" people, but the basis of the code seemed like it was intended for plants to be able to have diferent colours.
Fuck if I know really. I found it like that.
Greyscale worked fine, but dismemberment doesn't play nice with it.

discord.gg/0vxitFmjUcbJgqdb

At least use tox, mumble, or irc like a real human.

He literally stabbed everyone in the back 3 times by my count at this point, and you guys still asked for more.

I fought the disappearing pipes the entire way, but I finally got a secondary waste filter

Is hatestation down? I was going to see how bad it got since a couple months ago when I last played it.

Nope.
But since OP didn't mention it:

THE SERVER ADRESS HAS CHANGED
It's ss13.unsafe.space:12345 now.

Yep, old hate you knew is gone, the new one is running an entirely different bayfork code and has pretty much no players.

It might be a good idea to download the codebase and upload it to something other than github since github is a shithole now.

Well more than it has been in the past.

Also does whoever is handling the codebase of the new server know if it's at all possible to port the ventcrawling system? It's probably one of the few really good updates to actually be able to move around inside pipes instead of just warping from one vent to the other. Especially since you could also crawl into scrubbers and things like monkeys would suffocate from the CO2 and shit.

A port, or at the very least an equivalent, could be done.
It shouldn't be that hard, we'll only need to add another z level that has the vent tubes, and teleport you there when you ventcrawl.
Although that reflecting changes/destruction of the main map on the vent map would be quite hard…
Tell me, in this new ventcrawl system, do changes made on the station reflect themselves on the vent map?

I don't think they do until you exit a pipe.

When crawling inside a pipe all you really see is tiles and object and the pipes you don't see mobs or anything like that.

but let, if a bomb is blown and destroys a pipe.
Is it reflected when you're ventcrawling?
Also, you got a screenie of the ventcrawl?
I never saw it myself.

If you can keep it up all the time, to the same availability and stability as hatestation currently enjoys, then we can move to your server right away and tell GitGud to fuck off. As soon as we agree on a codebase.

At this point our best bet for a stable server is either a h8station backup from before dismemberment, or current h8station octa fork thats being fixed.

github.com/octareenroon91/-tg-station/tree/d56e58654a1c628f1daf518f74e25b7d2ac34023

This is what you want

The last commit before dismemberment

That'll be possible. I'm setting up the dedicated server now. Give it atleast a day or so, since I'm a retard.

Also, I do like the hatestation code, But I don't mind changing it.

Pesonally, I thought the /tg/ base we were working with was making progress to becoming identical to h8 on the outside. We had better virology, and fultoning already, with meeseeks, dakimakuras and chemistry on the way.

Fuck GitGud for scrapping that progress. Lets see how far he gets trying to make NTbase into h8 before the coders burn out and ditch him.

Don't know for sure I'll have to check later on when I get back on my computer but this is what it looked like when crawling inside a pipe.

It basically just looks like t-ray and meson that covers the screen but doesn't allow you to see mobs.

Meant to just say t-ray don't know why I typed in meson.

Aliens ventcrawling would be able to see mobs courtesy of their innate thermal vision. Monkeys and humans with the vent-crawl ability won't, though.

Ohhhhh, I thought it was something entirely different.
This idea is much better than mine, we could probably port it with little trouble.

Played a little on Paradise today. It isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
A few of the races are blatantly furry, but that just makes it easier to tell who is an autistic faggot and should be avoided.

My only major complaint is that the rounds I was in were FUCKING BORING, and didn't last very long besides.
Also, people were unrobust as all fuck.

Fuck

Beside gidgud/neetcode there's not many other options beside self-hosting.

Expanded summary:
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

Fucking confirmed.

The UI broke several revisions ago, it's gonna undergo a complete rewrite sometime soon which should get rid of the inconsistencies. The health system is getting updated at the moment, followed by engineering, then hopefully pre-alpha MP testing.

Cull internal faces on transparent blocks mang.

Dismemberment can be fixed actually.
And it was nearly fixed right before Gitgud made the code change to nu-/tg/.
Look into the last thread, someone already found a way to fix the sprites in hands.

While code shit is being mentioned I think it would also be a good idea to port swarmers and the new xeno system with praetorians but with a few minor additions and changes.

tgstation13.org/wiki/Swarmer

Basically I think their laws should be changed from what they have there to:

The reason for this is because I would also suggest that law 1 of the KEEPER lawset is changed from what we have now to:

The idea being that the possibility of swarmer verse MoMMI silicon wars could be an occurence. Or the more horrifying alternative of MoMMI units deciding that to maintain the station it's in their best interest to feed the swarmers resources with their material synthesizers.

But also I think swarmers should have a couple of things removed from them such as the disabler beam and taser trap. Constructing barricades and melee disabling hits I think is fine though. If possible I think it would also be fun if similar to what happened with MoMMI the swarmer lawset received a board that could be installed in non swarmer silicons although replicating in their case would be limited to trying to get new silicons built.

I forget what the conditions for swarmers existing are but I think it would work best as a random event that has a chance of occurring after something like 2 hours where a single shell is spawned somewhere in maintenance.

I really want to see an all out silicon war between swarmers and station silicons.

EMP THE ROBOTS
SILICON WAR NOW

Oy vey it's anuda borgocaust.

lol

How does one host a server?
Just curious.

Delusional dip shit

You forward ports through your nat (most routers use a nat by default), so that when someone connects to your router (i.e. "to you" with "your IP", the router is the only device that sees raw internet access), the connection is forwarded to the actual server. Then your server must have a running process that registers a net device listener with your OS (that would be the byond server, loaded with the ss13 package, in this case). The server receives data over its registered socket, does something with it, then sends a response to the client by some means (usually the connection info, e.g. packet origin, is used, alongside an ad-hoc destination port defined in the client).

To setup hosting from a dedicated off-site provider like digital ocean, you pay for an instance and log into it (often via ssh), then install and setup your server. To obtain a domain name, you find a domain provider and buy the name, or use a free domain name (either in the form my-domain.domain-provider.ext, or one of the free domains of the form my-domain.ext from e.g. freenom.com). Getting a domain involves registering an A and/or AAAA record (for ipv4 or ipv6 respectively) in the registrar's (e.g. freenom.com)'s DNS table. This record is then propagated to other DNS's (it's a hierarchy) down to users (through their ISP's DNS, usually).

I come here to shitpost, not actually learn something

Morning friendos. I have the dedicated server up and I'm currently setting it up. However, I have a severe problem.
I'm mentally fucking retarded
The last time I tried to set up this fuckin cunt of a game on ubuntu took fucking 18 hours of autism and frustration. If anyone could help me out with setting up the server, I'd be grateful.

Have you tried turning it off and on?

I figured out the problem. It wasn't plugged in.

Well there ya go, problem solved.

Simply saying, you port forward shit, set server to allow anybody to connect to your server.
Dream Daemon is simple, but might be shit.
Using something else might good idea, but only if you know, what are you doing.

Only if you are cool kid.

Unless you literally plan to rewrite dream daemon via reverse engineering (last I checked it was closed source), you have no choice but to use it if your goal is to serve an SS13 server. But otherwise, yeah. The "3-points" process is:
-Config server
-Forward shit
-Start server
-???
-Profit!

love you, doom user
with luck you will save us all
I look forward to torching the station just to hear those screams spread

Well, the language itself is pretty easy to parse. I actually wrote a parser some time ago in python which implemented a small subset of DM sufficient for parsing a map.
You have a complete list of all the builtin functions, objects and their behaviour via the language reference, so you know what to provide as a standard library.
The runtime does garbage collection with reference counting, which there are off-the-shelves solutions for and objects are essentially a set of kv-pairs.
I actually think it's feasible to implement your own compiler+runtime. It would take a long time, but not "reverse-engineer a compiled executable format" long time.

Language reference isn't usually enough. There are many times where internal specifics come bite you in the ass (in particular, undocumented behavior that some people may depend on). Though if the plan is to support only SS13, it's probably no issue.

for those that don't know, declaring war basically makes it so the entire station knows that a nuke team will hit the station in 20 minutes or so, so they can prepare for them
in compensation, the nukeops get like 180+ TC or more depending on how many people are on board

God /tg/ is unrobust if they can't prepare in 20 minutes for a literal textbook assault, even lube would have killed us.

lmao how many players were on?

You should have taken screencaps.

about 50-60, the hallways were crawling with dead greyshirts and empty tasers. They still don't know that doubleswords reflect all lasers projectiles, the only thing that managed to fuck with us was explosives and a mech that was too late to be useful.

IIRC Akesson recorded it, gonna see if i can ask him if he can upload it later.

As someone who's never played SS13, what type of game is it, what do you do in it?

It seems interesting from the screenshots and from stories based on here

Terrible timing friendo, but the gist of it is that it's a point and click role playing game, in which you can take on multiple different roles (sometimes in the same game session), with a steep learning curve and autism

Mnn, is there another way to play except for 8ch servers?

ow yeah plenty of servers but there different types of shit.

your certain you were on sibyl?
it's deteriorated hard since the last time I played, and it was already full of baddies by then

Lube will fuck up the unprepared.

I remember way back during Pizza days me and a clown tag teamed like 3 nukeops to death at the same time because I was carrying gibtonite over to the bomb test range that I had mined and the clown happened to have lube on him and none of them had noslips. Following that was a heroic beatdown of the already injured ops with a pickaxe and bike horn.

The clown died from the explosive implants and I was close to death afterwards.

There was also another round involving a similar thing but I was a janitor with a cleaner backpack filled with lube and some incendiary/dark matter grenades prepared by a chemist.

I think the ops hardsuits were significantly improved since then, especially their blast resistance.

Noslips can't stop lube.
This makes them quite useless.

This shit right here gets me laughing so fucking hard. You'll never understand it, you unwashed mass of fucking plebs. Nobody "changes," nobody "morphs;" your precious tiny server wasn't perfect because human beings somehow transform into massive assholes when more than twenty people exist in a room.

If every server you've gone too has been a problem with you because "the mean old admins enforce teh-er gahy rules!!1!" Then the issue is you and your bullshit, not every community you've ever played in.

I've been an admin for four different servers now and it's always the same bullshit. Entitled, whiny faggots who think their fun should come first always and nothing should ever change. Then when they get punished it's another revolution against the "terrible corrupting bureaucracy" of administration.

Newsflash; the world, even this virtual one, doesn't revolve around your whims.

Kindly eat shit, asshole, and fall off your horse.

The problem is not that Gitgud enforced the rules faggot.
Read the fucking rest of the post, he changed the codebase, once to /tg/ and then to a bayfork, you retarded inbred fuck.

I thought they were made highly resistant to lube in like 2014? As in it slips you the same way water does.

Don't get me wrong, maybe he's a cunt, but it has FUCK ALL to do with "normal administrators."

We'll see how long that claim lasts, buddy.

I've seen this shit happen over and over again.

fuck off

Gitgud, please, anyone with half a brain could tell you that ain't the issue.

Though, you are right, he didn't "change" or "morph". He was always like that. Dunno why so many people've forgotten. It's why we've had no less than three splits, of which only ever failed due to being equally shit, or in a few cases, being bribed by Gitgud and crew for servermin positions in return for "merging".

Lmao m8 it's not a claim he did it without even talking about it with the community just announcing it and doing it.

Keep in mind that he constantly ignores the other admins who actively play/code/admin on the server because he thinks he's this righteous soul who will never give up never surrender when really all he's doing is stepping in, changing shit to stuff no one wants, then ignores everyone telling him its a stupid fucking idea. Go read the fucking discord backlog and read him arguing with both Busyworkjew and Doubleplus to see what kind of faggot gitgud really is.

So your argument is that the admins are always right?

Ya, nah. Any server you're the admin of is one that I'll have no part of. Self-righteous assholes are the worse kind, they think everyone but themselves and those who kiss their ass is an idiot with steaming shit for an opinion. Organizational cancer, people like that.

Add the good code, add vorecode, remove the explosion limit, add dildo machines, have special weekend rounds where you do crazy shit.

and watch men become demons who drink the salt of the earth

There is no need to hold back, let the chaos wash over the station, don't try to control it, it's what we're here for.

Which is the /tg/ gooncode server? Cause they'll make gooncode /tg/ compatible for us.

Lots of people throw this around as a joke, but I had an idea.
A new race(antag or not, preferably antag) that is basically a regular vorecode human on hatecode.
Sounds fun doesn't it?Literally power up your penis by eating people with it.

No, my argument is that no matter what happens in a given server it always comes down to a Player VS Admin shitfest with blame being slung everywhere but where it belongs.

The fact that you guys think I'm Gitgud is a testament to that.

It happened to /tg/, it happened to goon, it happened here and to any number of tiny servers with names lost to time.

The only difference is when the bitching starts and what sparks it.

I said that as a joke mostly.

Regardless, either you are a complete newfag, or a complete retard.
The issue ain't what you're complaining of, you total tosser.

I'm not joking about the vorecode.

It adds tons of shit to the metagame.

So this schism hasn't occurred because an admin (Gitgud) made changes (to the code) that a portion (however large) of the community dislikes, which created a rift now propagated as Gitgud's shitty administration VS the sensible playerbase who wanted Y instead of X?

Gee, I'm sure retarded alright.

You don't even see the cycle.

I shouldn't be surprised that someone like you is so inept at interpreting information given to you, given that you're trying to paint this current conflict as a black and white "admins vs users" thing. Fuck off back to whatever hole you crawled out of, you clearly have nothing constructive to offer to the dialogue here.

Your argument is kinda right.
user's around here do have a culture of "fuck the man" and are more apt to tear down things, rather than building them.
On the other hand, you look at the story of this place, and why most people are here and you realize that most people have a good reason to be weary of shit like this.

A few of us might be more moderate and try not to call an Exterminatus on anything that so much as shows an hint of not being the way we like it, but the rest of the playerbase, as whinny as you claim them to be shouldn't be ignored either.

You can look at the population that composes a group as a resource. Players are the pillar on which a server is built. Players youre support.
Making changes will lose you support. You'll spend them just like a resource.

I'm trying not to sound like an opinionated prick here, and I treat individual players like actual humans, but the when considering the group as a whole, things do work like this.

A small change to the game will cost you a tiny ammount of support. You'll piss off one or two players, and lose them. In the long term, they get replace with other players, or they come back because you added something they liked.

A big change is the same. It will cost you more however. And lose you a lot of players.

There were 3 big changes recently.
The change to the server adress which was required since the host shat the bed.
That one cost us a lot of players, but can't be blamed on anyone.

The change to nu-/tg/. That one can be blamed on admins. Although, blamed isn't the right word. It was a change, it had a cost, and Hatestation paid it.

Then the change to NTcode. Another big change, that cost us even more support.
The little we still had anyway.

I try not too look at players like assholes, the way you do, neither do I look at admins like incompetent greedy morons like the some players do.
Instead I look at it as this. Change. Cost.
It's up to the people involved to figure out wether Hate paid a price too steep for the changes enacted or not.
I reserve my opinion for now.

hello gitgud.

Not really.
I'm not arguing for nor against the current events.
I'd just like for people to calm down and talk about it without boogeymans and using the fantastic argument of "ur a faggit".

For someone talking shit about interpreting information you're sure busy proving my point by creating a strawman out of my argument.

Read the posts. I'm not suggesting the argument is black and white, I'm suggesting this is the first step on the path to it. You've misaligned your anger and it will do nothing productive to kick and scream about it.

See, this shit right here.

Can't disagree with your opinions or they're the mean-old-cunt-admin.

I was merely japping, don't worry.
Your post is quite sensible.

Hello gitgud.

Chill. Look at the post times.
The user didn't had time to read my whole post. He simply read "Your argument is kinda right" and assumed things.

People are wary and that's to be expected. Let them read and think things out, don't go full on agressive on them like that.

The shism occured because Gitgud changed the code to something really, really fucking shitty, with no warning, no community input, and then acted like a total nigger about it, and refused to change to the system what, albiet with issue, worked just fucking fine.

He decided to shift the codebase to something which not much of any of our items were ported into, a huge sum was nerfed, a larger still chunk was broken, and caused crashes for everyone.

Granted, now he's changed to a different system, but that one still has the first few issues of lacking a huge amount of shit, having a lot of shit we've come to know completely changed, and a large still chunk broken.

Oh, and actually, I don;'t have an issue with the adminship. Just gitgud. Koriath is a faggot, but isn't too terrible, and at least understands where people are coming from with their issues with the current system. Has even tried talking to gitgud about the lot. But the guy refuses to listen, still.

Biggest complaint I have, though, is he didn't set this up on a test server, and code all the features we've come to expect in first

That hurt, user.

It's easier if you admit it.
People won't forget about things like release-date ducks or release-date meseeks.

Do an experiment here.

Switch to the shit people want, then add vorecode, then remove the explosion limit so people can make nukes, then have events happen at your whim, fucking CARE about this shit instead of saying "Oh it's not my fault it's theirs".

All we want is a well run server with an admin who likes to have fun. Not some prissy boy who does it for the power over people or some sort of authority.

I'm sorry, but god damn, some of the shit you added was absolutely terrible and completely untested.

But, at least you do things, and generally act fairly reasonable when confronted with the lot. Hell, you even pulled some of the stuff you made when people complained about it being shit enough.

I can promise at least one of these things. New server soon lads.

In that case, the latter is preferred.

I think I apologized for those, didn't I?
If I didn't, sorry user. At the time, my PC was broken, and I had to code them on a laptop. Everytime I boot up a server to test things, it takes 15 minutes just to boot it.
I tested them for a bit, and if they didn't runtime and worked as intended I shipped them.

Plus, realeasing them to players is usually a better way to proof-test them. Try as might, I'll never put content I make in as many strange situations as people did.

It never occurred to me lings could transform people into meeseeks with the DNA sting, promptly poofing them out of existence for instance. I was rather thankfull that the guy who found it warned me without posting it on the thread, giving me time to fix it before anyone abused it too much.

Not my place to pick the codebase.
I code for the comunity, but I know jackshit about setting up a server.

Well, keep in mind that sometimes, I'll get flak anyway, so I tend to not care on somethings.
The solar "dirtying" thing. People were bitching about solars being overpowered for months. After that update, those people were happy, but the rest that liked the old solars started bitching themselves.

I tried to get a compromise, with the quadratic evolution on power effect, and the auto-cleaner button.
At the end of the day, I can't make everyone happy. I can only try to make the majority happy, and then make something else to make up for the people who got pissed.
I still feel warm and fuzzy when people say they miss the Chem Synth or the new Pandemic.

Meh, you guys have points.

I'm just as bad- a bitter shell of an Admin who used to do fun things and put players first. I'm taking that nonsense out on you guys here as if it'll change anything.

Time fucks everything up. Enjoy your server while it lasts, before you've accumulated enough judgement calls to be hated no matter what you did/do in your position.

Horny Granny is that you?
If it is you
Fuck off, noone likes you.

Dude wow, HG? Apologizing?

I'm insulted, but you're close.

well that was a pretty quick stance change from condescending egotist fuck to apologetic "jaded ex-admin"

What can I say, I was triggered like a college freshman. That *BWOINK* sound still haunts my ears at night.

T'was but a jest :^)
Don't really care much to guess your name.
Not only I stopped caring about other SS13 servers, but this is an anonymous board. Names shouldn't really mean much around here anyway.

Who knows, maybe he's a 65 year old war veteran.
One moment is raving and screaming about how things used to be, and the next he's sad about the lost comrades.

This is true.

I didn't really mind the change to new /tg/ because when it was first mentioned it was mentioned as something that would happen and then if it wasn't mostly restores by the end of the next weekend would be switched back to the previous code until it got fixed up and was ready. But instead it kept running for like 2 weeks with not even 10% of previous features restored.

I was still fine with this and figured it would just take some time but then gitgud started acting like an absolute faggot in the threads and now even if Hate reverts I don't plan on playing on it.

I actually contributed to the codebase as well, I wasn't a coder or anything and didn't really do anything regularly but I made maybe 3 map change commits to fix things like a couple of broken wires and pipes and shit but apparently since I'm not a coder I can go fuck myself according to gitgud.

I'm not expecting a lot of sympathy in fact I expect to be called a cuck/fag.
I used to play ARK with 4chaim.
It went well until we had to deal with aimbots and we moved to a private server.

It was run by a neet who did a great job however ran out of money.

The server was transferred over to a literal kid who's dad managed a server hosting place for FREE.

Long story short after spending 100+ hours on the server the kid fucks up and gives up, his dad despite being his hobby is unable to fix it.
He tells to community he deleted the info and quit.
We then went over to a new server ran by some complete chucklefucks.

The server lasts less then two weeks because the fucking idiots against the advice of the entire server adds a mod.

This mod completely fucks up the balance completely.
Ending up with the server dying.

Admins are people too.
However most people are shit, I don't mean that as we are all terrible people but we all have character flaws that probably make a large majority people innately selfish.

Its not that a server is ran by a faggot, most of the time its a normal dude who becomes a faggot over time.
It takes a rare type of person to run a server.

Personally, as far as solars, I would've prefered a simple higher power consumption rate as things got upgraded/used more often.
Busywork is a fix, but it isn't necessarily a good one.

Still, you've coded at least as many good things as you have absolutely horrible things, and even those horrible things are at least something.
Chem synth was a great example of a good thing. So much busywork removed with that beautiful little bugger. Made chemistry actually useful for immediate drug needs.

Server's dead, so it ain't likely to last much longer.

For what it's worth, I understand where you are coming from. Though, then again, my personal policy was always "don't do a single thing, report it to another guy".

Nukeops in /tg/ can get magboots that work as noslips, for the same price, as well as buy normal noslips. It's a recent change too, before they couldn't buy them at all.

Reminds me of Nelserver.
We abandoned that because horrible European connection.

What a mistake we made…

What disapointed me about the chem synth is that people rarely upgraded it.

Think the Chem Synth is good?
Upgrade all the parts and you can shit out Bathsalts like water. I'm talking 5u per second or so.

As for things consuming power, the ChemSynth was also an attempt I had to do that.
Powercode is strange to me still, because the synth should have depleted a lot of power when it was recharging but for some reason, didn't.

IT's also why I pushed the Departmental Substations. I expected Medbay to go dark after someone made too much croc in the chemsynths and the PowerNet could isolate them so other departments still had power.

This is the perfect solution, but to make this work we'd need a big overhaul on power in the first place.
We'd need to make it so things consume much more power, and then add alternative ways to make power, not always relying on an engine, but rather giving departments ways to make power for themselves if the engineers aren't helping.
For example, science can already supply themselves with power by making batteries, but we could go a step further and let, for example, medbay supply themselves using giant hamster wheels that give power as long as a mob is running inside them, or the janitor making power for himself using a machine that burns/repurposes trash and makes power.

People rarely upgraded anything. I swear, half the time, I had to personally break into science to get shit up.

Guess ss13 power is one of the bigger fucky things around. Second only to atmos.
Unfortunate. I would've loved to see Engineering getting all pissy at medbay or bar or such for using too much.

We used to have three ways of getting power, solars singu and atmos, as well as the generators. And theoretically, yellow slimes batteries.

I like the idea, though
Would be a rather clever deal to set up a "battery drain" station what empties batteries into the grid. I think it'd be too small to really be worth it, though.
Mining could have PACMANs, or maybe some of them uranium generators, that they can keep filled with their ore they bring back.
Could set up Medbay's chemistry to make oil and such for fuel of their own combustion engine or something.

I used to upgrade everything I could but I also mainly played MoMMI so there was a lot of other shit I had to do first and often had to do research myself.

Research really needs to be reworked to be less tedious.

I'd suggest simply adding a book what tells the idjits the damn list to follow.
I swear, if I see one more person wasting that practice laser…

Most of the time it wasn't gone because of research but because this one guy who played warden/captain would grab every practice and tag laser on the station and put it in the armory along with both fire axes.

I don't think people ever noticed except for the KEEPER silicons who frequently talked about it in the damage control channel. So much shit was talked about in the damage control channel despite no one in it being able to actually do anything about the shit that was going down and sometimes there would be bets placed on what side would win. It was truly the greatest channel, except maybe binary.

It was also not the CE who set off the bomb in the gravity generator room that one time it was the janitor all along.

Why on earth would someone do that?
Fireaxes I can almost understand, but practice lasers? Why?

I'm not sure but the speculation at the time was that he was just trying to be a dick or doing some hardcore RP where not even things that look like weapons were allowed. He would also sometimes go to the research server room or break into it and delete designs.It saved the station more than once as I personally saw traitors trying to print out bags of holding but being unable to to make singularities.

I bet you have an unlicensed TV too. Your sort are a menace to society.

Britain is weird.

that's because they're borderline Orwellian.

Maybe actually Orwellian.

You say that as if firestation and nel station weren't things.
Fuck off, gitgud.

amerifag here, what the fuck is this?

I'm on their website and this still doesn't make any sense. Is this an official government agency or some scam company?

As if their being things changes the asinine concept that administration inevitably corrupts?

Alas. There's no point in it.

Sometimes you forget that america is still the most free country in existance right now.

the grass is shittier on the other side.

Thats because in America, we don't have to pay a fee for public broadcasting; organizations and legislatures foot the bill for us.

In the UK, you pay a TV license that goes into the pockets of politicians and is supposedly used to fund the BBC, which has become largely statist propaganda trash in recent years.

Ive recentlt moved to scotland and this is just not true, I have a tv that I use as a second monitor and I have never received a notice or I have ever been asked to pay for tv licensing.

I also recently bought a 42 inch I use to play my ps2 and not evne the people that rent me my flat ever said anything.

Also I must say burgers clinging to criticizing a law that isn't enforced to push the point that america is the land of the free because you can have all the TVs you want is really fucking sad

this is what we've come to

If only that was true. If only the prevalent culture around here wasn't "let's suck the man's cock, that's sure to make everything better!"
"Oh look everything's broken and unusable now, better join the Man Defense Force".
Then josh wouldn't have happened, hotwheels wouldn't have turned like he did, mark wouldn't have happened, the state of this Holla Forums wouldn't have happened, jim wouldn't have happened, hell, even 4chan wouldn't have become what it's become.

As if there isn't plenty of other shit what makes Britain one of the worst places in Europe.

You do realize that cherry picking articles like that is the same thing that american media does to push the agenda that guns are bad, yes?

Cmon user, you're smarter than this

I think it goes back to the days when anyone could get a shitty antenna and put it on their roof and get some TV channels so they just made anyone with a TV pay for it under the assumption that people were lying cheating bastards.

I don't think those signals are even broadcast anymore though so paying the license makes no real sense at all.

Seems like 1984 wasn't too far fetched picture of the future for Great Britain.

I think its a good thing that criminals would rather call the police on themselves than face the possibility of a homeowner with a gun.

You do realize that none of this shit happens in america, right?

So if you're "cherry-picking" these articles, that don't happen in America, how is it cherry -picking?

Get your shit together, Britain. If the fat pig who literally fries sticks of butter is calling you out on your country being a fucking pigsty, it's a fucking pigsty.

Someone needs to run the numbers:how fucking much is Orwell spinning?Then make an example

brits are natural cuckolds and love being raped by a totalitarian state, mudslimes and niggers

So tell me about them gun laws, self defense, muslim population what the law refuses to touch, and of course all them "prohibited weapons".

Even fucking Ausland is better than you. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you can either get out, or fix shit.

fucking disgraceful

And I think it's great that if I go to school in the US I'll risk being slaughtered.

Is this the discussion you want to have?

What kind of point is it when you're just picking articles that reinforce your point while ignoring all the others. Dumb people and crazy situations happen in every country, same goes for america.

I know this is like talking to a brick wall, I talked to burgers before and it's pretty much pointless, but the irony sure is strong.

I didn't even believe that guy going to jail in the second one was real, so I googled it. It's real. Holla Forums was right again

Are you seriously comparing "one crazy guy with a gun" to "the British legal system and everyone in a given courtroom carrying it out"?

You have more a chance to be slaughtered by street punks in Britain then America.

We have the lower crime rate. By a fucking landslide.

they don't even have to censor anything in your 1984 land, you're easily manipulated on your own.

Look up some fucking crime statistics for fuck's sake.

except when niggers are mass-murdering and raping whites and get away with it :)

foxnews.com/us/2016/05/01/new-jersey-police-officer-reportedly-investigated-for-brake-checking-motorist.html?intcmp=hplnws

foxnews.com/opinion/2016/05/03/missouri-state-booted-student-from-counseling-program-over-christian-beliefs-says-lawsuit.html?ICID=ref_fark

cbs5az.com/story/31868978/mesa-az-student-arrested-for-indecent-exposure-in-yearbook-picture

The land of the free they said, the best country in the world they said

and this is from a 5 minute search

You're more at risk being slaughtered by a stray car playing basketball in your driveway than getting shot at school in America.

What point are you trying to make here exactly, other than your own gross inability to grasp that you've been shafted by draconian laws in the UK?

people, i've been telling you this for a while

Summon the Meteor while you still can, humans were a mistake

It seems like, more generally, it takes a special kind of person to simply "do something", and this type of person is usually the same kind of person that is doing it only for the power/prestige/glory.

It would be good if we could develop a test to determine whether a potential admin is that kind of person, though.

Jej
For one thing, the chance is low as fuck.
For another, just don't go to a shit state's school. Go to a state what lets students carry on campus. Can't shoot up that.

Have been playing for a week and feel I have a grasp on many things with Hippie Station being my main server. Since from what I read h8station is shit what servers are people playing on?

You'd like that wouldn't you? DinoDefense please go.

And it doesn't stop there!

nypost.com/2016/04/28/i-want-all-the-perks-of-maternity-leave-without-having-any-kids/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

local8now.com/content/news?article=377624021

cbsnews.com/news/man-wearing-this-guy-needs-a-beer-shirt-charged-with-dui/

None at the moment.
Just play on Hippie or whatever if you're having fun, don't count on we having a decent server for at least some days.

I haven't been playing at all but if I did at this point it would probably be /vg/ which is full of awkward bugs and doesn't have the best playerbase but it's better than any publicly listed server.

Can you guys please lay off the Holla Forums shit?
We get get it, it's terrible everywhere.

Yeah, hate's the current one.

Is that really the best you got?
Not a single one of these is any worse than the shit I've already posted, you dumb nigger.

Some guy getting investigated for break-checking [big fucking whop], a court case for some guy what got kicked out supposedly for being christian, according to the law suit issued, and a guy what hung his dick out in a photo and got charged for it.

How the hell is any of this even remotely close to Britbongistan's horrible lack of basic rights to so much as self defense?

Why would a stray car play basketball in my driveway?

What do you mean by better, I only get faint hints on what is great but can somebody explain what made SS13 "GREAT" because I am having a lot of fun already however I can feel something missing but cant put my finger on it.

What the fuck are you even trying to do here?
Are you just retarded?

Just a quick update, I'm configuring shit

Aren't you talking about Britain?

Happy immigration day, don't forget your plastic rape condoms!

So a police officer, on his own, decides to be a dick to one guy, a dude gets fired because he doesn't conform to his college company's policy, and someone gets arrested for flashing?

That hardly compares to the fact that your country is literally a 1984 theme park that willingly lets people in without background checks, you fucks LITERALLY HAVE BANNED KNIVES and because of that your crime rate has skyrocketed.

Your fucking politicians make ours look like fucking Teletubbies when it comes to scandals or what they fucking push.

You're pasting one off incidents on the page like the whole country does this shit all the time, but a fucking cursory look on /n/ shows pretty much every reason why your country sucks balls when they aren't memeing about crabs and poo in india.

Mainly the features of the server. Hippie has a lot of them but they're a jumbled mess of mismatched things seemingly thrown in and the playerbase is full of people straight up using emoticons in OOC.

It's also more fun when rounds last more than 30 minutes so you can get into some of the more in depth mechanics of the game instead of shuttle calls happening over minor hull breaches and playing with people who at least attempt to be competent is a lot more enjoyable than the shit you usually get with Hippie such as atmos techs who don't even increase the maximum pressure on gas filters and just grab the fire axe and run off.

tl;dr features with good autism potential mixed with people who at least attempt to be friendly.

Clicked the post button too early. I'm configuring shit and the server should be up and public within a couple hours.

Well, it's a game that relies a lot on the RP abilities of the people playing.
I mean, not all servers are HIGH SERIOUS RP like bay. But if you don't behave like a 2D spess man aboard a station, you're just a nut with a few guns/toolboxs and you'll spend the match waiting for someone to look at you wrong so you have an excuse to click on them enough times to make them horizontal.

Kinda like what /tg/ became.

On some servers you'll also find people who get extremly mad if you are a traitor and kill you. Mad enough to accounce your name on OOC.
You'd think "oh, he was the traitor, it was his job to kill me. Nice play dude" wouldn't be hard to say, but it's aparently a strange concept for some people.

Like 50% of the Yogstation.

That hardly compares to the fact that your country is literally a 1984 theme park that willingly lets people in without background checks, you fucks LITERALLY HAVE BANNED KNIVES and because of that your crime rate has skyrocketed.
I went to London a few weeks ago and the house I stayed in had knifes, both pointy-stabby ones and butter knifes.

So we need a solution then, why dont we just post a server in the thread and just join it as a group

Like what? Sybil was the /tg/ goon serv? Or was that gloom or something?

source of the test question?

We're waiting for someone to set up a server with our old code at the moment.

Eh, some anons have done that before. It's usually a lot of fun, and leaves the normal players of that server wondering what the fuck happened.

I remember when we took a server from 5 to 25 players, and the admins were confused as fuck.
Some of us got banned though, it was hilarious.

If you use those knives in self defence, your attacker gets a free helping of fish n' chips and you get to sit in prison.

Britain ain't a good place, m8.

They didn't ban all knives [though they did a lot], they just require IDs for any purchase of so much as a butter knife.

I saw however we can do something in the meantime

Just find a server that we all feel is close as it can be and populate that until new server comes.

I just want to learn more I just dont understand like 80% of the game and want to learn more.

I'm trying to make the point that stupid shit happens everywhere in the world, and actually believing that America, the cesspool of diversity and social justice, of all countries is by far the last place you should mention when trying to shit on other countries.

I'm a third party, I'm neither from the US or the UK.

All countries have dumb shit happening in them. If you actually need to cherry pick articles that have been posted thousand of times to make yourself believe that you live in the best country in the world then go ahead. But it's just pathetic, because you have it as bad as everyone else.

DID SOMEONE SAY INDIAN DESIGNATIONS?

Honestly, I can say that not many of us are eager or in a hurry to play.
We've been without a decent server for weeks now, I think many of us don't mind waiting a few hours.

I got it from the /k/ thread earlier. 'Fraid I don't know it.

Just keep in mind that the UK is an authoritarian shithole much, much worse than the US.
Really, I would've thought it obvious.

Britain's food is shit.

suck my dick

choke on it

have a fit

you're a tit

have a row

fuck off now

oy m8

I'm irate

Understanding most of the game probably won't happen since many codebases have a lot of variety between them even ones based on the same basic original build.

I'd say just try to learn most of the jobs on a /tg/ codebase and a Bay codebase and from there on you should be able to get at least a basic grasp on most codebases out there.

If all else fails you could grab an old copy of H8 code and run a local server for yourself where you learn as much as you want.

This shit is what makes me angry.
You go make a thread about videogames on Holla Forums?
Their mods actuall delete it.

You start spewing Holla Forums infographics on Holla Forums?
Welcome aboard, fellow poster!

Fuck mark.

That's a meme, my friend. I did get refused a sale of a screwdriver once, though, because I wasn't 21 at the time.

He's a cuck who uses Windows 10 and browses Reddit "unironically".

cuckchan is that way, friend.

You do realize that without having any examples as to why you just like someone who's being patriotic for the sake of it?

Not that it's wrong, but it just sounds kinda dumb when someone says X is better than Y because I say so and everybody knows it.

We got a few options, aside from the obvious choices Sybil, Hippie, and /vg/, there's Paradise with has good code but is med RP and completely infested with furfags from top to bottom.

D20 which is comfy and chill, has a lot of neat and unique mechanics but is on a ministation variant and you quickly run out of things to do. Also I think a number of us are already banned from D20.

Holla Forums hotpockets are tinfoil hats with gigantic sticks up their asses. Also getting triggerd by Holla Forums is a sure sign of normalfaggotry, which is why its popular, here and on Holla Forums.

I believe I have already listed more than enough reasons why.

Well, one thing I can say is that London does have cameras everywhere, and they're quite proud of it.

It's not even about liking them or not.
The Holla Forums mods actually do their fucking job. They keep their board on topic.

The Holla Forums mods just let shit slide, discussion be damned.
This thread is about SS13. To talk about SS13.
Why the fuck are we discussing British food on a thread for SS13?

Lax is one thing. 30 posts of shit in a row is another.

I go on Holla Forums and other boards related to it and I prefer to leave politics there.
The ocasional joke on Holla Forums is fine. Half a thread about it is not.

Yes those 8 articles that were picked out because they support your point sure show how everything in the UK is, I can tell you from living in the UK that I see gangs of indians raping little girls in the street every day, that's totally what happens.

At this point I'm really not sure if you actually believe that stuff like this happens on a daily basis in the UK because of your warped perspective or if you're still going because you just want to be right.

This would be like me saying that everybody in the US is fat, dumb, eats burgers all day for every meal. And I know that's not true.

Do you at least see the irony in the statements you're making or is this going completely over your head.

London is a shithole, no discussion there. But choosing between London and San Francisco for the worst city would be a really hard choice.

Mate, if you lived in a place as horrible as London and you couldn't arm yourself you'd want that surveillance too.

no, nigger, America has it's problems, you just seriously have it worse.

It's like going to a friend's house and hearing "oh my parents only let me play video games 20 minutes a day, i'm fine with it", when your parents are fine with you playing as long as you do your schoolwork.

It's like, you feel fucking bad for him. You've got a bad country, m8.

your crime's fucking insane compared to america, your laws are draconian, you're fine with your government being voyeuristic.

We have a city that's like your country, it's called San Francisco. but it's only one city.

Dead servers and jew admins may bring us down however its time to

MAKE SS13 GREAT AGAIN

POST YFW SERVER LIVES AGAIN

D20 has some neat shit we could steal.

Those eight articles show major items of which provide support to the claim that the UK is an authoritarian shithole, yes.

The UK does not have gunrights, does not have much of any privacy laws, does not allow self defense, lets a bunch of arabic refugees in and then ignores them when they do illegal shit for fear of insulting them, doesn't have basic free speech, and many, many more issues.

I'm going to redirect you to my point here
Do you actually believe that that shit happens every day in the UK, I mean by being on Holla Forums you should know that articles from websites don't represent the whole truth and are usually alarmist and clickbaity to get more visits, right?

I still think that in the great majority of cases, it's due to the game not enforcing rules well enough (obviously in other cases it's not clear at a glance, e.g. in the presence of corrupt laws). For example, perhaps a security officer who shoots someone lethally who isn't marked as shoot-to-kill by the captain should have their ID disabled until HoS or captain reenable it. Security guns would require a security ID to operate, but could be tampered with, or perhaps HoS could assign pairing between a civilian and a weapon.

This should still allow shittery, but it should greatly reduce it, or encourage more creative shittery (which is acceptable). At the same time, it should still allow effectively the same freedom.

Also this is just an example I made up on the spot to illustrate the point.

Discuss instead of Holla Forumsshit, faggots.

Good all that surveillance will do when you're dead after Matey McMaterson comes into your workplace guns blazing because he's a criminal who fucks the system.

Seriously, nothing beats self-defense like a fucking Glock. All you have to do to not get mugged is flash that shit and people back the fuck off, it's the threat itself that does most of the work for you, but that one moment when a shooter comes in, you'll be glad to be able to save your own fucking life.

It happens enough to make the news. And it's not happening here. You need to get your shit together.

Fucking really dude, come the fuck on

I'd like more gases to be added in general. Not a crazy amount but one or two new gases would be nice. I also prefer plasma being called something else because having something called plasma regardless of whether it's currently solid, liquid or a gas is weird. Especially since it doesn't even exist as actual plasma anywhere in the game.

I'd rather fight bare-handed

It's like goddamn clockwork. Any sort of dissent or shit talking about akesson's latest server project or his puppet gitgud and out pop the off topic posts trying to slide the discussion. It's the very same shit you see on Holla Forums all the time when it's found out that a jew is behind something stupid.
And ain't it quite the coincidence that akesson typically hangs out on the Holla Forums mumble?
Yeah, totally unrelated things. Right?
Purely coincidence.

Don't forget, even San Fran is better than the UK. It may be horrible, but it ain't that horrible. At least legality wise.

Though, in all honesty, I visited once, and so long as you stick to the touristy areas, it ain't horrible. Surprisingly clean. Would never want to live there, of course.

NSA at least keep quiet about it. In the UK, that sort of thing is standard issue across the board.

Jej

You're thinking the UK.

D20 has an ocean of features that no other server has, and its a damn shame too because they're such a small server not a whole lot of people get to enjoy them.

Alright I'm done here, no point discussing this any further.

Is mark even active still? Did he get over his delusion of ss13 being a secret goon hideout where conspiracies to take over Holla Forums were discussed?

And I'll always find this funny. On one hand you guys love IDs and the ebin >(post count) meme and on the other you pretend you dislike strict moderation. You're also the same group that absolutely wants moderation to take down discussion of games you dislike and ban people who talk about it (I'm not talking about tumblrtale, though), but you don't want purely off-topic, or irrelevant (pure shitposting/flamewar threads with no discussion nor any discussion prospect) to be culled.

The worst part is that I think they're closed source.

Report and move on.
There's little we can do at this point.

I guess I should just not reply to the obvious bait. Still, I hate seeing people who live in the UK and don't realize how terrible they have it. They need to get out, or change the system they're in.
It ain't healthy.

Also,k I don't remember this happening the last three odd threads.

serb where?

I'm pretty sure that's illegal

Compile evidence, please, I'll definitely hold unto something this juicy.
who the fuck is akesson, I don't remember who the server owner was (though I seem to recall he was outed as a brony, and I definitely remember him being absolute cancer of the highest order), but I'm pretty sure he went by another name.

As a /tg/ fork, they're bound to be open source, but its source is provided on request.

I got no idea how that'd go down, since I've never asked myself. I think its to prevent people from just opening the source and learning all the secrets.

After the leak, was the ss13 source released under a *GPL license? If not, it's perfectly legal as long as they don't use code from GPL-licensed codebases and use clean-room design when adding features from other serbs.

Akesson is the owner, supposedly. Gitgud does everything, though.

Honestly we could just steal all the code and become the mightiest hack job. Even the furshit, just make them spawn with a special explosive implant connected to a terminal in sec labeled "animal control".

I know there's a couple servers that rename plasma. As for NEW gasses, we need something interesting to use. Like bringing back mustard gas.

Why would we let that stop us? Copy their shit anyways, and do it better.

Doesn't stop goonstation, or lifeweb.

akesson=peyton
He's the guy that pays for server upkeep. He'd come to the old Holla Forums mumble to brag about how he's throwing loads of dosh at different coders from other codebases in order to get hatestation the features it "needed", like meme ducks.

You don't get it man, i'm saying you can't find their code out there.
If you point me where it is, I'll be glad to help us steal some features.

Yeah, peyton, that was the name. peyton_riley or some shit. Thanks.

Except that's wrong, meme ducks were a koriath thing and I'm pretty sure the Portuguese madman does it for free.
Akesson being peyton is right though.

Perfectly legal under *GPL licenses.

The one "outed as a brony" was octareenron, and he's the best admin, on par with Thaft

Fuck no, he's not. Taft actually did the fucking job whenever he was online. Octa doesn't do shit a lot of the time even when he sees everything happening, and even partakes in some hotpockets some of the time. That is, if he's even there.

Also there was puppysky, who was also a brony (or just furry?)

I was saying build it from scratch but eh.

I also don't know what features they have that are different

Puppysky is responsible for /furry/ the board

sage for doublepost

He himself said that both the meme ducks and that horrendous Lingseeks thing were things he paid someone else to code. My ears didn't hear that incorrectly.

the cycle goes

Koriath got payed for shit code? Neat.

But those were both made by Koriath, he must've been lying unless koriath doesn't actually do it for free

Well there's the helium thing from D20 which is pretty cool.

As for others maybe something like argon which could be used to displace oxygen onto nearby tiles instead of "eating" it the way nitrogen does or xenon which could glow and provide light when it's dark or maybe radon which wouldn't be visible and could be used as an alternative to plasma fires to instead mutate the entire crew.

I've tried so hard, but only got vents so far. In the end it doesn't even antimatter.

I just want to work out how to flood plasma, but I'm worried the admin would misunderstand and think I'm griffin'.

Pipes are confusing and shit.

Before new gasses, I seem to recall playing with current gasses and pipes and shit and that there were things that could be improved. Other than that, for new gasses, gaseous H2O? Could be a fairly straightforward addition, and could be used effectively in cooling systems, perhaps.
Also, only somewhat related, I think there should be a way to force a room's air system to refill from the outside. This would be useful both in the case of plasma leaks and for assassinations (or other shenanigans).

What?
Now you're just memeing.
The ducks were because at the time, that duck video was getting famous on youtube, and someone on the mumble asked me to put it in.
Don't even know who. Akesson looked at the result and said he liked it, but that was after it was alkready in.

Lingseeks were when I was trying to figure out what should happen if a ling used DNA sting to turn someone into a meeseeks. Hence the name. They were later reporpused, but I can even link you the guy who sprite and gave me the idea in the first place.

Goddamn, if I could have been paid for it and noone gave me money, I'm about to get real angry.

OH RIGHT, the content that was paid was the blackops shit, and some other one.
Those two additions were custom ordered from some /tg/ coder. Akesson paid them for it, since they don't normally work for us.

Akesson does have a tendency of offering people money like that and he shouldn't, I'm conviced he just doesn't know how to spend it but I never got paid a cent.

I'm from the very early days, and I was very sad when chemistry's mustard gas couldn't be collected and used to replace all the air on the station.

I sincerely wish I had audio of that conversation as it sounded almost too good to be true. Though, seeing how awful the Lingseeks code was I'm more than willing to believe it was Koriath's doing and akesson made up a story to try and deflect blame from him. It wouldn't have been the first time the hatestation leadership tried to prop that faggot up.

what?

Another update, the code of yesteryear isn't compiling properly. Throwing things appears to be broken and a dmb file isn't being generated when I try to compile.

You can always download some code and setup your own local serb to learn piping

There's a new gamemode on old hatecode.
It's kinda like Nukeops, but only one guy and he gets 8 or 9 objectives.

Kinda like Venom Snake infiltrating enemy territory.
The most notable thing that people liked from that update was the fulton balloons.

screencap that, noone will be able to help you with that amazing description

Sorry about that, here you go. A dmb file is needed to host and probably has to do with permissions. pic related is leading me to believe that throwing objects is completely fucked due to a byond update.

If I knew I could get paid by doing silly shit like that I'd have learnt byond """code"""

The balloons are a bit too imba.
Also, what's the functional difference between that and ninja? Beside the assets available to the agent of course.

I always hated how chemistry mostly just deals with liquids until it's put into a pill form. When you spill a beaker of plasma it turns into gas, just imagine how great it could be if you could have something like lids on beakers and use heaters to heat some of the basic chemicals up enough to get a beaker of gaseous whatever that chemical is without having to fuck around with smoke grenades.

Then put it into a canister and hook that into the distro.

Blops usually has a nuke-related objective, either set it off or steal the core.

it doesn't use ninja code

Rename all instance of "throw" to e.g. "throwfn". Looks like byond now has exception handling via throw/catch constructs.

Well, the ninja has custom "speshul" code and abilities, and is imbalanced as fuck because it was designed to be a "fuck you" to every other player by THE FUCKING AUTIST SHITPILE WHO CODED THAT ANIME PIECE OF FUCKING BECAUSE LEL, NARUTO IN SPACE, ISN'T THAT COOL?
FUCKING SHARINGAN YOUR PLASMA MINER, LOL, YOU'RE ON FIRE WHILE I TELEPORT BEHIND THE AI AND CUT YOU ALL A MILLION TIMES WITH MUH SPECSHUL E SWORD. OH, YOU GOT XRAXY
TOO BAD MUH INVBISILITY IS SO SPECIAL IT DOESN'T WORK WITH HTE REST OF THE CODE, SO YOU CAN'T REALLY SEE ME, I'M SO KWAWAI AND DEADLY

The Operative in the black ops gamemode is just a normal human with a bunch of TC.

Quick google suggests it was added somewhere in april.

It's not that, it was a change introduced with byond 509 that add some checked exceptions thing and reserves the word `throw`, it wasn't actually used for throwing items, that proc is throw_at or some shit like that

Those balloon things were used by MoMMI to get to the zlevel where the nukeop spawn is and hijack the shuttle during one of those rounds that lasted like 10 hours.

Yeah they had a couple of problems. I still liked the fact that it never got fixed and the spot where you arrived on the zlevel was filled with angry russians and some other mob instead of it actually being removed.

What kind of code are you using?
That's not old hatecode.

He might be trying to compile some ultra old hatecode before those proc names got changed

Oh. Best to get the most recent Octareen's code and work from there.
There were some PR's back then too that he might like.

When will we get a good server? I got tired of having to reroll to see if i can play either antag so i can griff fagets in peace or an antag-lite on the awful lavaland. I want to have fun.

Custom chemical gas. Botany gets into atmos, everyone is high 24/7.

Mustard gas is reintroduced, my old dream becomes true.

Why did mustard gas ever get removed?
Do you know exactly when did it get removed by the way?

Being able to turn any liquid into gas and back would be great, though due to volumes, you'd have to use a weird conversion rate for it to do anything.

When chemistry got revamped a long long time ago, multiple items never got ported over to the new chemical system. Mustard gas was one of them, as well as the chemical reaction that just made lights.

Remember this, mustard gas was back when chemical reactions just made a stack of grenades at your feet.

Do you know if any server still has mustard gas?

None do. It used to be a while back that mustard gas grenades were still hidden as part of the old code that never got cleaned up, but they may or may not have been finally removed by now. The actual code for it I know is only available if you can get a copy of OLD OLD ss13. Like, back when cloning was a glitch involving monkeying people setting their health to 50%, even if they were dead.

Alright here's the server information: 74.91.121.114:7777

Here's to hoping it works. It's running Pizza for now because someone said they were going to run hate later. We can switch if it's shitty/broken.

FUCK YES

EVERYONE GET IN THERE, WE GOT NEW SERBIA

PIZZA FOR THE PIZZA GODS

PARTY TIME

12 whole people already. What are you fuckers waiting for, I know there are more lurkers.

Holy shit, really? That's pretty good for 6:40 on a weekday. Newserv was a good idea.

Just like the good ol days after firestation

SO CLOSE

Great round, though. Newstation also seems to run really well for me.

That went pretty well. With a few tweaks, this could be firestation 2.0.

daily life of a shaft miner

Sec officer survived too, I think.

Should've taken the Ethylredoxrazine (anti-drunk) pill bottle i made.

Also, fuck whoever placed the singulo in front of medbay and whoever left the chem maintenance airlock electrocuted breaking in.

No, only him and AI.

Server crash?

I restarted it to fix the mySQL problems.

Restart to fix sql shit.

Said two, and I saw Cy survive.

If I didn't want to be drank, I wouldn't've drunk.

Aww. Too bad. I was about to go full c4 tator.

Nigger, the space islamist had the objective to prevent me from escaping alive and that failed.

I was on the sec pod pretending to be retarded

Small ammount of news:

I've talked with Gitgud. Took a few hours, but I managed to do it. He realizes he fucked up.
We're going back to old hatecode plus the fixes we found recently.

Here's what's gonna be done tomorrow, it's 4AM here and I need to sleep:

After this stuff gets hacked in (should take a couple of hours) we'll notify the thread.

He's the hero Hatestation deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS We space muhreens now!

Seriously though guys switching to a new codebase is fine but get most of the kinks out of it and port most of our shit over first so you don't fuck with the community. Just host another server for tinkering around. Its not that hard guys come on.

I'd rather not, personally, given the horrible things said thus far. It's rather apparent Gitgud is a tosser.
even with your code bribery

According to what was said on the discord, he's heavily depressed from all this ordeal. From what i gather is that he thought updating the codebase was going to be a good thing, but he never talked with anyone before doing anything. He just had a terrible ego trip when everything inevitably fell in pieces, instead of fixing shit.

He was considering quitting and leaving someone else incharge of hate reminder he's not the host. But now he's just stepping down from making any changes to the codebase and leaving it to koriath and the other coders, and thus the community, rather than him doing whatever without consulting or asking anyone.

smells like damage control

G R E E N S I D E
R
E
E
N
S
I
D
E

What said.
Don't expect me to forgive him for that lot.
He probably should leave.

No, that's true. But he certainly acts like it, with his "My way or the highway" policies.
He also, evidently, makes all the decisions around.
What actually does the hostfag do? I never seen him much.

GREENSIDE

Nah he's a huge faggot still, what matters is that hate won't be fucked over in the ass with another sudden codechange to something obviously broken to fuck like he did. Hopefully. but everyone knows where hope leads to

It's not like firestation can't just take the fixed hatecode and run it, it's open source anyways.

what a convenient time to change the code and have competition. Its like people are tired their shit and they are desperate to cling on to what is left

Pay for server bills while being the most hated boogieman on /tg/ since Cuban Pete.

He rarely does anything for us except that.

Pretty much as soon as they finally get a rival server.
Not only, though, do they switch back, they have the audacity to bribe us like sheep.

I need to hear this story. I somehow missed it.

gotta love crocodile tears. what next pay his patreon

It's not one story, it's several, but the gist is that he supposedly pays for all coders to pull shit for him to take advantage in-game, and that he's somehow a stealth headmin now because he donated 300 bux.

What really happens is that /tg/ is unrobust as shit and winning as a Tator, Nukeop, Wizard and blob 10 rounds in a row on a 90 player server isn't hard if everyone else is braindead.

No shit it ain't hard. That many folk, you disappear in a crowd like that. And you can also easily use them to your advantage, turning them against your target.

Apparently he did buy code, so I guess that's where the rather silly claim came from.
Still, fucking hell, /tg/. It's your own damn fault for nerfing everything to all hell and leaving tator as all powerful.

I have a related story on but /tg/
I swear i was the only competent one

We still won, i felt good.

Ya nah, remove gitgud, put someone else in charge.
Octa is fit for the job.

You mean coders, I assume.

Yep, that's it
I'm dumb

Also do no rules.

I was once a tator on /tg/.
I didn't win, but that was only because my objectives were to steal something or other, and greytide immediately broke in and nabbed it before me.
My target apparently died somewhere along the way, and I just rode out on the shuttle after hardly any time at all with just one of my objectives I was lucky enough to notice someone else had on them.
Don't think I will do that again.

No rules only really works well if there's something that pulls science/cargo/everyone out of their little autism forts. Not to prevent door-to-door murder salesmen having isolated murder sprees, but to have something interesting happening when someone ISN'T doing all that.

Cargo's the only real fellah what don't need nobody else.
Everyone else has to get food, at the very least. Power is also a concern.

Then you have other items, like medical needs, science upgrades, or simple entertainment.

Usually that's enough to keep everyone not cargo moving now and again.

Even more clockwork.
Quite literally every single fucking time another server pops up to fill in the gap there's a new announcement about how hatestation is going to do something (((good))) that will bring (((people))) back to the server.
This time it even has some fresh (1)'s directly sucking that announcement post's figurative dick to make it seem like people fucking want this.

It's far too late to say any of this was a joke.

Well shit, I didn't even notice that.

Still, anyone what falls for it is an idjit. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time… Well, I guess I ain't to bright. But if you try that shit again, don't think I'll just take it.

Get off your high horse ya chuckle fuck. Sure they fucked up but now they are switching shit back and gitgud is taking a back seat. Hopefully someone who is actually good with community management and PR will take his place (hopefully octa). If they make a fuckin mistake sure tear them a new ass hole until they correct it but when they fix it lay the fuck off. If you don't lay off then your only contributing the mindless shitposting on the thread and making it less likely that they will pay attention to the community in the future.

This is a cyclical thread you shit dick. As for sucking their edicks well you can fuck right off. I've insulted git gud and koriath plenty of times for their shitty decisions. Bringing back the old code, adding new shit, and likely working on porting shit over to another code base isn't a bad decision.

Until Gitgud is out, I won't be happy, myself.
Even then, I'd rather just move to a better one, just to be safe.

One mistake, I can understand. Though it hasn't been just one. Oh, and of course, the mistake itself isn't really the issue, so much as that god-awful attitude of 'I AM RIGHT YOU ARE WRONG YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER ONLY CODERS AND MODS MATTER WE DON'T NEED PLAYERS' self-important egotism.

But, then, you knew all this, didn't you Gitgud?

If I had a dollar for every time gitgud was just going to take a backseat and stop fucking shit up, I'd have two giant fistfuls of dollars.
If I had two dollars for every time someone said that in the wake of the damage control that takes place after gitgud fucks up, I'd have a vault full of cash.
So we're just supposed to keep on forgiving them each and every time they play damage control and say the shit you want to hear? Nah, fuck that noise.
I had my suspicions about you at first but now I know you don't actually fucking play here.
If you did then you'd know damn well that they NEVER listen to the "community" around here. These posts where either gitgud or Koriath talk about making huge changes in the wake of massive population falloff and/or a new server starts up are pure shit, promises they don't intend on fulfilling. They always done this and will continue doing this for as long as faggots like you continue sucking their dicks.
No, it fucking isn't. The distinct lack of the cyclical thread icon says this is just a regular thread. You'd know that if you weren't from fucking reddit.
This is you being worried you'll have competition on sucking their dick and getting defensive about it. Trust me, you don't have to worry about me sucking any dicks. They're all yours, bud.

sick new code for firestation
will believe when i see it.

didn't octa go through a long phase where he simply did fuck all as an admin?

Personally I'd like to see Gitgud out of the picture completely. Guy is kind of a goober and a shift in roles would honestly be refreshing.

This is actually the first time he said he would stop making major decisions.

If they correct the problem then there's nothing to forgive. The old code base is coming back and gitgud is taking a back seat. You seem to think they are doing this shit with malicious intent instead of just trying to make the server better and fucking up.

My ckey is Prind. Post yours faggot.

Dude they literally just changed something due to community outcry. Another example is ministation. They keep tweaking and introducing it to the community and reverting it back to meta after taking criticism. Another is the tase/lube nerf. They also ditched the mumble server after the sheer amount of shitposting got to the point where it was almost impossible to actually discuss 2d spess men in the thread.

Well that's just not true. At most they bite of more then they can chew. Such as dismemberment.

I was refering to the actual definition of cyclical IE that everytime the thread dies a new one is made.
cy·cli·cal
ˈsiklək(ə)l,ˈsīklək(ə)l/
adjective
occurring in cycles; recurrent.
"the cyclical nature of the cement industry"

The word you're looking for is "Recurring." cyclical, as user pointed out, is reserved for a different kind of thread. Regardless of the definitions, the semantics of terminology must take context into account.

Rather, no rules works great to create fun and interesting situations, but only when the playerbase is disciplined. Griffons aren't interested in making the game fun for anyone, and there are worse faiths than death in this game.

I actually didn't know that cyclical threads automatically got reposted after they die. I always assumed someone made them each time.

A "Cyclical" thread is one where the oldest posts are continually deleted to make room for newer posts, therefore bypassing the post limit. Its usually also stickied.

Gitgud isn't the only issue, though. He's a massive faggot, but peyton is a massive faggot enabler who constantly admins people the entire playerbase hates to death because he is goinzidentally friends with only that kind of people.

Really the entire server should've been abandoned long ago since it's been fucked with like 6-7 times now (3 of these times were due to gitgud, 3 more due ultimately to peyton, 2 of which as a result of retarded hiring ideas).

That's without even taking into account that the only two game modes for large periods of times on the server are "nothing happens whatsoever because there are literally 2 people" and "game ends in 5 minutes because of griffon squad who'll never, ever restart the game after they murdered everyone".

Fucking this.

He never did anything when taft was still an admin. Afterward, he did a mix of not being here at all, not giving a crap when he saw non-antag griffing happen from someone who was his friend being reported, and banning some, but not all, people who deserve it. Mostly the former two. But hey, at least he's not gitgud.

kek. since you like sucking dicks so much, why don't you go back to where you belong?
>>>/reddit/

No, it isn't. He's said this every single time he's tried to get people to come back after a fuck up.
If they were really trying to make the server better then there never would have been any switching to different untested codebases for no fucking reason. The only reason you'd switch to totally different code without testing or warning is to be a dick. Sufficient warning beforehand or even just a heads up about wanting to switch codebases would have kept me from thinking this wasn't malicious.
Literally who? No, seriously who the fuck are you and why do you think posting a ckey is going to help you "win" this argument? Those are rhetorical questions, don't answer them. The point is it doesn't matter who the fuck you are if you can't get your fucking facts straight. And since nothing you've said so far has been correct, your identity doesn't fucking matter.
wew honeypot, pls I'm not about to set myself up to be added to community blacklists. Fuck right off with that shit.
Because they drove nearly everybody out. Again! Of course they're gonna try to change shit back AFTER everyone has jumped ship. They want their server to be relevant again, they'll say anything to make that happen.
It most certainly IS true, you just refuse to accept the truth.

You don't remember prind? He, koriath and another were hardcore dicksuckers. Everytime any admin did anything, they'd jump to their defense and say the most retarded shit imaginable to try to fix their image.

Ah thanks for clearing that up.

le funnah go back to plebbit maymay

Well this is just going to be nu uh, ah huh bull shit.

Do not attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Git gud doesn't really have any reason to fuck over his playerbase.

You said I don't play on the server and I posted the ckey I use to play on the server with. I play enough for most regular players to know me. I don't understand what your missing here man.

Oops to late.

Something smells fishy here. So you believe that git gud changed the code base just to be a dick but he also wants his server to be relevant. Don't you think if he was actually trying to be a dick he would know that it would drive players away? So how would that help his server remain relevant? Your either absolutely fucking retarded, baiting, or a goon who is also retarded.

Oh slander cool. Thanks bro I appreciate it.

Don't remember him. Good to know he's a koriath level prat that I can safely ignore.

Is the server still up?

Well shit.
I might aswell go kill myself at this point.

Kek, you're the slurp, slurp guy.
I guess that's why you like Pizzastation, it doesn't feature the jokes making fun of you.

WHO RUNS HATESTATION NOW
Pretty much noone.
The Host (Akesson) is leaving it to us and rarely comes over. busy being a boogeyman in /tg/ and pissing of half their playerbase.
Gitgud is taking a stepback. We can rely on him for technical support, but not a lot more. He needs time to figure shit out IRL so I don't think we'll see him very active around here.
I will fix up Hate and hang around for a whole.
Cyka's around too, as is Double.

WHY DID GITGUD CHANGE HIS MIND THIS QUICK
First off, it wasn't quick. I talked to him over 4 hours before he came to his senses. I consider myself a friend to him, and didn't simply want to tell him to fuck off. I wanted him to learn something from this. He'll be thinking about it for the time being, and hopefully he learned a valuable lesson.
He has some reservations if this is the right choice or not. He did believe the rebases were a good move, and a man of ideals like him is very hard to sway.

Whoever set up that new server, you have my thanks. He needed a slap in the face to come to his senses.

Honestly, was just here to see the drama, but yo seem like the only reliable admin right here right now. Hell, you went through as you said, 18 hours of shit to set up a server.

Keep it up, people really might come on yours to play.

The only reason it took me 18 hours to even set it up right is because I'm mentally inefficient.

However, I do accept the compliment. Thank you.

OH right, one more thing:

This guy is called RoleplayRascal.
He might join Hate's admin team since he's an aussie and will cover more timezones.

I drafted a new set of guidelines, let me know what you think. pastebin.com/iP7bNmsT

I ran into some issues but it should be back up later today with github support.

You could host an altstation while mine is down. Maybe even become the main host if I fuck up or leave for any reason.

No thank you. I'll just wait for another time when the servers crash and burn.
Thank you for the offer however.

JustL was too busy to host anyhow and couldn't get a coder prepped in time for a long lifespan server

not sure how long newstation will last but its nice to see gitgud can only put a few holes in people before they realize they got poked

Would you like to administrate on this server then? I'm probably going to need a few if the server starts to attract old and new players.

Going to need at least one coder too if anyone wants to volunteer. The github fork has been set up so you can start making pull requests right away. github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station

rules seem alright except for #3.
that definition of metagame is kind of restrictive, especially since we often run skeleton crews. it's kind of necessary to have some job overlap currently.

Well they aren't really meant to be solid rules to be enforced 100% of the time, but I see what you mean. How about this:

3. Please do not use information from sources other than IC or what your character's job should already know unless there's not enough crew members online to ensure basic station functionality.

It should read more like, "Don't use outside methods of communication with other players during a round. OOC is considered an outside method of communication."

That's much better, thank you.

Consider a caveat about using LOOC for mentoring purposes provided it's been cleared with an admin beforehand.

would serve much better, really
central guidelines should ideally be
1. thou shalt not be a bag of dicks
a. this means not fucking everything up as a nonantag
b. this means not going out of your way to fuck with other people's jobs as a nonantag
c. this will be punished with a nullification of admin and crew protection, cause enough trouble and you're valid. repeated offenses may get admin attention. crew, ahelp to alert staff before toolboxing a shitter's face in
2. thou shalt not metagame
a. this means no external and unlikely coordination, steamfriend get bent
b. unless you're telesci you shouldn't be stealing, breaking, and looting everything to be a supersoldier
c. this will be punished according to severity, prepare to be permabrigged, executed, or tempbanned for being that one greyshirt. metafriending and metagaming will lead to prompt temporary bans for all involved
3. thou shalt not be shit at your job
a. this means if you're a head of a department you should not be incompetent
b. this means that if you're security or have responsibility and power you should not abuse it to beat the shit out of people (see: bag of dicks)
c. this will be punished according to severity and repetition, you may be lynched or dethroned by crew but if you do this all day every day expect job-bans
4. thou shalt not be autism incarnate
a. this means you should not avoid doing the job you select
b. this means at least attempting minimum communication and roleplay
c. expect demotion and probably not getting cloned
5. thou shalt not be a shitter admin
a.all offenses should be handled IC as much as possible, as well as considered based on context
b. all offenses should be discussed with the one punished as readily and obviously as possible, and warnings should be given to first time offenders unless the punishment is absolutely necessary
c. expect demotion and probably not getting to press FUN buttons anymore

and look we've covered everything necessary with exactly the amount of gray area required to prevent shitter admins as well as shitter players- everything is chocked up to 'if I make this decision, I can expect this consequence- is it worth it?' rather than 'bad no bad stop that'
if we insist on an autism list, ensure that you add a mention of 5.a., there's a bit more to IC punishment than just offenses according to spacelaw

FTFY

He's on the Discord. Instead of coughing up memes like a Reddit Plaguebearer you could join in and talk with him.

Good rules tbh.

I'm not going to lie, I laughed at this good meme.
However, I won't lie.
The communist jewpaper in Australia is something I can't give up.

I fucking said "I'm not going to lie" twice. Fuck me I'm a fucking sped cunt

are you not going to lie about not lying about jewpaper, which you wont lie about?

I can't lie about the fact that I have to lie about the undying urge of lying.

fuck off cunt :^)

Server's back up lads, now with complete github support. byond://74.91.121.114:7777

nice

noice

That's a really bad example.
Caving to pressure after most the entire server leaves is not a good thing, mate. Acting like a massive faggot what literally straight up says "only admins and coder opinions matter" is not a good thing.

I don't really remember much issue with Payton, mostly due to him largely not doing anything most the time.
I would agree, though, probably about time we just move to a better server.
Newserv got a good 16 players when it poped up, so clearly people are still around wanting to play.

You really are from reddit, aren't you?

I can confirm what the guy's saying about gitgud saying he'll step back.
He's done the same lot every time we've had this type of issue. He goes in, acts like a massive fucking faggot, kills the server, and then they do what they're doing right now. Gitgud says he's sorry by proxy, claims to be taking a less active role, Koriath bribes folk with coder shit.
This has happened at least three times.

Intentionally? Perhaps not.
But bear in mind, you can take a look at his posts and see his mentality. His mentality is that the players don't matter.
That's not healthy. That is not something I want someone making decisions to have.
He decided to switch to a glitchy, empty codebase, and then yelled at us when we told him how shit it was.

Do it anyway, I am sure as hell not going back.
Burned too many times on this shit, and frankly, I'd rather a different server entirely.

Fucking again? Really?
This is at least the third time you've bribed off a rival server with admin roles on hate.

After a good amount of time running rebase attempts, I've come to the decision to return to the original codebase's most modern iteration, octareenroon91's fork.

I'd like to apologize to the community for the slew of decisive decisions and statements I've made over the past few weeks. Koriath may have already explained a bit of what went behind the decision, but it took a bit to come to terms with the reality of the community. Hatecode is the worst form of SS13, except for all others. And it took me a while to come to terms with the reality that no, there isn't a better alternative. It also took a while to come to terms that the community is actually emotionally invested in these sorts of decisions.

Yes, I'm an asshole. Yes, I have issues with compromise and communication. And yes, I'm out of touch with the current state of Holla Forums's SS13 community. I can't make things entirely right, but I should at least take the moment to express a bit of humility and recognize when my actions have done more harm than good. This server can't work without coders or a community, it needs both, and decisions can't be made on technical merit alone.

Anyways, the server has been relaunched at byond://ss13.unsafe.space:12345 with stability patches and work will resume on maintaining HateStation's codebase.

Well, thanks for coming around in the end.

New thread

IT's time for flypeople!
Forgot to add the power armour, give me a few minutes and we can have it next round.

I also forgot our tickrate is now Sanic Speed, fuck.