Vidya music and the tunes it stole

Can we have a thread about video game music and what other songs they were inspired by or outright plagerized.

Really, we can just list everything Koji Kondo ever produced.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HMvkkqxs8m0
youtube.com/watch?v=YOglwFLXJA4
youtube.com/watch?v=fBc-ya7qdnM
youtube.com/watch?v=MFpz4V1GY-M
youtube.com/watch?v=kwOfahTC8fg
youtube.com/watch?v=TYrW3yONR44
youdubber.com/index.php?video=Czd3fgnHPoc&video_start=30&audio=RNdGoENQNQ4&audio_start=8
youtube.com/watch?v=NlWDSvNSzlA
youtube.com/watch?v=rHZFJ2kfHko
youtube.com/watch?v=u1hwluRTXYs
youtu.be/kOk5J22Zq_s?t=34
twitter.com/David_Wise/status/573863740099158016
youtube.com/watch?v=zTuD8k3JvxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eHJ7An2CMB4
youtube.com/watch?v=_osNdk1mKRs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For Reference.

I'd upload Webms but my internet is god awful.

Might as Well post the rest too.

This one takes a sec to kick in.

Corneria (SNES):
youtube.com/watch?v=HMvkkqxs8m0

After Burner:
youtube.com/watch?v=YOglwFLXJA4

Neither of those sound similar, at all.

Most of this thread is retards who can't tell differences between music and think they're clever or intelligent because of it.

Because Princess Inada is Scolding Me sounds a bit like part of the Sakura Wars theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=fBc-ya7qdnM
youtube.com/watch?v=MFpz4V1GY-M

Personally I don't hear it

I see we're having a Mega Man thread.

Bit of a stretch, but game music has tended to borrow quite a lot in the past.

Gate of Thunder - Stage 06: youtube.com/watch?v=kwOfahTC8fg

Rainbow - A Light In The Black:
youtube.com/watch?v=TYrW3yONR44

GoT song borrows the keyboard solo halfway through the Rainbow.

How about the alternative, music that was completely plagiarized from video game music?
Or as the niggers like to call it, "Sampling"

Blatantly Skin O' My Teeth, by Megadeath.

Marilyn Manson, The Beautiful People

the house of the rising sun is a folk song that dates back to the 1700's

youdubber.com/index.php?video=Czd3fgnHPoc&video_start=30&audio=RNdGoENQNQ4&audio_start=8

Very rough.

More like not at all. Are you fags tone deaf or something?

Are you?

Come on, brother man.

reminder that guy got fired because of people found out he copied music.

I don't have the rip, but there was one typing game that I had with different tracks you could select and there was a techno one that sounded exactly like Battle Against a Machine from EarthBound. Is anyone familiar with the one I'm talking about?

Threefer

youtube.com/watch?v=NlWDSvNSzlA

youtube.com/watch?v=rHZFJ2kfHko

Can't mention earthbound without the NEw Age Retro Hippie battle theme or Johnny Be Good.

Does it count if it's a game that ripped off another game?

youtube.com/watch?v=u1hwluRTXYs

youtu.be/kOk5J22Zq_s?t=34

oh lord

I hear the similarity, but it feels wrong to say that anybody can own such a simple percussion line.

im just shitposting, phil said it was literally just a preset on the cr-78 drum machine he used for that album

P.R.O.G.R.A.M.

Oh wow, really? That's fucking hilarious.

oh and also this
twitter.com/David_Wise/status/573863740099158016

The 15 y/o in me still loves Metallica tho

Kira's is a fuckton more obvious, and it's amazing

Don't you mean "Kirby Super Star rips off The Animal's House of the Rising Sun"?

Well he wasn't the first to rely on presets.

holy shit that blatant as fuck

ASBs musical references were at least mostly subtle, other than esidesi's theme

That one is even closer.

im not shitting on him for using presets, i love face value and think its his only good solo album and his work on genesis and brand x.

Absoluteley, presets are good to get you creating instantly without wasting your energy on creating sounds from scratch.

Way to dump ass all over your thread before it even began, fuckface.

one of my favorite classic synths, the arp pro soloist, had presets as its main gimmick and it sounded brilliant, you can make great stuff with presets.

True, that sounds good.

I don't really hear this one. Like, the Kirby and Lullaby songs were definitely clones, but this is a bit of a stretch.

Not even a little bit.

Fucking what?

House of the Rising Sun ITSELF was a ripoff of a folk piece which had been created at least FIVE decades prior to the Animals releasing it as their own homage.

This track may have similarities, but in no way resembles the complete track of "House of the Rising Sun."

Plus, this shit didn't originate with Robobot - it first appeared in Kirby Super Star for the SNES for the end credits of Revenge of the Meta Knight, as this kind user pointed out

Theme song for Battletoads has the same hook as Girls On Film.

Wow, never noticed that before, pretty similar.

And to add something else I just noticed, the 3-note part at the start of each bar sounds like "Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood

I can hear the resemblence.

youtube.com/watch?v=zTuD8k3JvxQ
They didn't even try and hide it.

Specifically the themes from James Cameron's Avatar and Danny Elfman's Terminator Salvation soundtracks, and both movies weren't even a year old.

Flashman theme from Megaman.

At 2 minutes it always sounded to me a lot like the Bowser levels from Mario 64.

Strange, I thought they copied it from this NWOBHM band.

So what do you think, a lazy ripoff or a "tribute," as it's more commonly referred to? Also, EB predated the typing software that I referred to in my post.

Get
mmmfucked

You too YT

It's the same guy, so not really.

There's sampling and then there's "Niggers who steal entire songs and spit sounds out of their fat lips and call it, "sampling".

Sorry Holla Forums, but that's still sampling. Only person I can think of that actually stole an entire song and got away with because he's more famous is Will.I.Am.

same composer

Wait what did Payday 1 rip off?

the next song, it's in order

more of a homage since both are about bank robberies

DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS ONE?

You posted these two in the wrong order.
I can't trust you anymore.
Do you have this in a Youtube playlist or something?

It's the actual song, that's why. They did the same thing with Metallica.

Surprised noone has posted embed related yet.
youtube.com/watch?v=eHJ7An2CMB4

youtube.com/watch?v=_osNdk1mKRs

Coincidence?!

I just bookmarked a bunch of them

References Michael Jackson's Human Nature. They also had a Michael Jackson-like secret boss in the game for a while, all around the time Jackson had died.

I thought it was pretty neat for a bunch of random Chinks.

Webm #1: Glamor ~ In Charm and Allure (Bayonetta 2)

Webm #2: Two Steps from Hell: United We Stand - Divided We Fall

Many have noticed similarities between the two. No confirmation and I'm not here to pass judgments but I find it interesting.

Kinda cool, actually.

In my experience it seems like an uncomfortably large amount of people are incapable of drawing accurate comparisons.
I can't count how many times I've seen "THIS IS AN EXACT RIPOFF OF THAT" and the two things are only vaguely related.

I don't really hear it.

What's noteworthy here to me is that if I had just heard this with no other info and somebody told it was video game music, I wouldn't have doubted that in the least. I've never heard such vidya-style pre-vidya music before.

Wew lad

Sonic 3's ending theme sounds like Stranger in Moscow, by MJ. Then again it's rumoured he made the song in the first place.
I remember hearing this rap song which sampled an intro from one of the classic Megaman games, and it was obvious as fuck. No idea what it's called though.

It's probably something he salvaged from sonic 3, supposedly(according to a guy who worked with him on sonic 3 and stranger in moscow) MJ found the genesis sound chip "frustrating"