STAR WARS NIGGA

Holla Forums ==WHAT THE FUCK==

SHADOWS OF THE MOTHERFUCKING EMPIRE, ONE OF THE BEST STAR WARS GAMES/STORIES OUTSIDE THE OT, IS FINALLY ON GOG

WHY ISN'T THERE A THREAD ABOUT THIS?

Also, SW gaming general. I've been memeing this day for over a year, now all I need is podracer and rogue squadron 2/3 ports and my collection will be complete.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mGPcu2qS9K0
transfer.sh/QuOWO/setup-sw-shadows-of-the-empire-2.0.0.9.exe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A podracer remake with a level editor and online multiplayer could be awesome.
Besides that, Star Wars games are dead, and Battlefront killed them. No new Jedi Knights ever.

all this means is that the game was updated to work on modern computers, you fool.

don't get crazy with your pipe dreams user. disney jumped on the "all star wars fans hate the prequels, so we'll ignore them" train. the best we can hope for is a gog release.

Kotor II is there too.

IDC about anything else

communist logic.

That just plain isn't logic at all. Sage for off-topic.

It should stay a dream until people other than EA are allowed to make Star wars games

I always thought that was an N64 exclusive, very nice.

there was a pc port, and iirc a playstation port as well.

nope, just pc and n64

I had that shit when I was a kid.
It's boring as fuck.

ayy

I just downloaded it can't get the fucking N64 version emulating right and jesus fuck my hands hurt already.

post some caps or non-lp gameplay footy

youtube.com/watch?v=mGPcu2qS9K0

No, you were a stupid kid. You have to come to terms.

Rented an N64 to play this game when it came out. Good game.

checked

I remember that game, it ran like ass and everything that wasn't a space level was covered in fog.

Honestly it just isn't that good. I remember renting it at blockbuster and besides the cool snowspeeder part, I thought it controlled like shit and was broken as fuck.

Compare it to say, Dark Forces 2, and you'll see what a steaming pile it is.

It hurts.

what's the best way to get it to run on modern systems? Seems like everything past xp shits on it one way or another
bullshit you "lost the source code", assholes

I forget how I made it stop shitting on my AMD card, but it took several weeks of effort. Be patient and go through the lists.

The on-foot sections were dogshit.

The Hoth mission was fucking fantastic tho.

The cheat allowing you to control enemy characters was fun.

The cheat that required you to hold down 90% of the buttons on the controller than do precise half-movements with the analog wasn't/

I liked playing on the canyon/caves level and jumping off the edge. His scream, followed by a second of silence, followed by a splat, was so freaking funny for some reason.

I got the Steam version and I remember it working fine, but maybe I just got lucky. Try checking pcgamingwiki.com.

Just wait till Rouge One comes out. Wouldn't be suprised if get a "new" Kyle with accompanying vidya, just to rub some extra salt into the gaping wound.

Ever since the 90s I've been looking for someone to play that fucking game with

I can't contain my cock

I know that GOG has a version that works fairly well on modern OS.

I know that pain, bro. I remember playing this at LAN parties back during the day, and I recently tried playing through the campaign with a few friends.

I also know that GameRanger now supports Dark Forces II, but people seldom create lobbies for it.

I-I'd play with you, user.

let me know when i can pirate it goy

there's a torrent for it already. i played it, it's still fun but i get the same problem as with rogue squadron in which it doesn't register all mouse movement and especially has problems with small movements.

i've got no controllers for my pc
i could just play both games on my n64 but eh

it's a good game.
you only don't like it because you are 5

Any of you here played/own galactic battlegrounds?

Don't know what else I expected from nu/v/.

I actually liked the game, but i never made it past the junkyard boss. I think i might emulate it later.

he's not too bad. you probably had trouble with him beause you were too young.

just make sure to explore in the levels before that and get as many challenge points and extra lives as you can and maybe save on the special ammos.

aiming sucks a bit in the game so the best place to fight him might be up on top of the walkway. shoot him a bunch when he comes for you, then he should temporarily back off when he took enough damage.

with the extra lives (from challenge points) it shouldn't be a big deal, even if you die.

challenge points:
during the speeder bit on hoth you get them for using the tow cable on the at-ats instead of tediously shooting them
during the hoth base you just need to explore (carefully!) i never managed to find the last one
in space you need to shoot the 6 red asteroids for them
on the junk train you gotta be fast and observant (and jump)

also in the junk boss fight, there's an immunity bonus in one of the big lava tanks. you probably won't see it unless you aim down into them. behind the bonus is a little exit gate. once you're out, just confront ig-88 and tank while doing as much damage as you can, the invulnerability will hold for 20-30 seconds probably

How well does it run? I just got done playing Turok and am ready for another N64-era adventure.

I've specifically kept my giant old ass ibm pentium 4 comp because it runs dark forces 2 perfectly, 3d acceleration and everything while on my new comps its always crashed with that option enabled on any release I could find including my physical copy.

That's right goyim. Give all your shekels to disneyberg for something someone other than them made 20 years ago so they can use that money to make more propaganda aimed at destroying your nations and culture. You aren't a communist, now are you?

i already got the n64 version around the time it launched

it's pretty fast. i think the n64 version had some slowdowns here and there, but this on the pc is either full speed or maybe just a bit too fast, but other than that i hadn't had any problems besides the ones mentioned here:

might work better with a joystick or gamepad, i don't know.

That you assume hes going to pay for it shows just how much of a good goy you are

transfer.sh/QuOWO/setup-sw-shadows-of-the-empire-2.0.0.9.exe

Thank you. I don't care if you were baiting or not, but Republic Commando was another goddamn hallway Halo inspired shooter. The tactics were nonexistent, just like other console "tactical" shooters. You guys have shit taste in games. Just like how you're all fellating the shit fest that was Shadows of the Empire.

that's weird because i had both in fact.
you know the kind of friends one has always reflects on the person himself?

that means you're a babby faggot

Hey faggots

Respawn Entertainment just announced they are making the next big star wars game

3rd person action/adventure

Could be picking up 1313

pls no more online only shooters

a third person action/adventure means it will have singleplayer content.

i'm sure they'll develop a mp side to it as well, but i guaran-fucking-tee you there will be sp.

My hopes are about as high as they were about EA's battlefront.

get the hd mod

game runs fine, it just gets fucky with like fullscreen shit.

Is there anyone here that didnt play in 1st person?

I beat it in 3rd person on N64

Also why is no one talking about the Jetpack
that was one of the best parts about this game