MAPLEDESTINY THREAD

MAPLEDESTINY THREAD

A MapleStory v83 (that's before the shit BigBang update) private server some of us have
joined. It has a 16x EXP rate and 4x shekel and drop rate, so the grind isn't as harsh.

You can download that shit right here:
mapledestiny.net/download/
And if you dont like chinkware:
mapledestiny.net/forum/threads/10811/

You can choose to be an Explorer, which classes are Thief, Warrior, Pirate, Magician, and Bowman.
These classes then spread out, in which Thief becomes Bandit/Assassin, Pirate becomes Brawler/Sharpshooter etc.
Then we have the Cygnus Knights, which are complete useless to even make because Blessing of Cygnus doesnt fucking exist right now. (blame the source)
Then we have the one Hero class Ayran which I guess if you want to play special snowflake warrior here you go.
(Dual Blades dont exist and neither do Evan because blame the source)

mapledestiny.net/forum/threads/10950/
Here's the answer to most of your problems.
If not, ask in the Technical Support on the forums or (even better and what you should actually do) in the thread and maybe some user can help you.

Yep. Friend one of these faggots and they'll invite you.

Spurdo
Shekelheist Memeoheist
Backspace/Enter
Orthodox
Monarch
KakeManz (although he hasnt been on in a few days)

COOL SHIT

Skill Guides and all yer bbb needs
ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com

Accuracy Calculator:
screamingstatue.com/accuracymain.php

In-Game Commmands:
@help - shows help fuckwit
@whodrops ITEMNAME - who drops named item (good for item hunting)
@dps - tracks dps DONORS ONLY
@stat (@str @dex @int @luk) - adds stats without smashing mouse button too much (ie. @str 20 gives 20 str)
@gm - good for when you spot a br

Having money trouble?
Grindan for chaos scrolls will literally put you in the money (60m for 60%) but, those can be REALLY hard to come by!
Voting for NX at the MapleDestiny site (mapledestiny.net/vote/) and buying AP Resets can go for about 18-20 mil. Get shekels that way, goy.

OP: ghostbin.com/paste/a4xam

Other urls found in this thread:

aries.elluel.net
hidden-street.net/forum/threads/31153-Morgana-s-Guide-to-LUK-for-Magicians
mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/magic-damage-calculator.30441/
discord.gg/0zjAOjJfsq6c3JsZ
openmaple.com/
openmaple.com/showthread.php?tid=891
sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/
forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/zakum-prequest-guide.2738/
mapledestiny.net/rankings/search/trash
maplelegends.com/
maplesaga.com/why-saga
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for dank, pinky and cherry-scented healslut boipussi

Aran quests are broken in this shitstain of a server

lots of stuff are broken on most maplestory private servers.

I'm on Mapleroyals. Shit works decently.

dont forget there is also Aries

aries.elluel.net

How many new playes do you have in your guild, user?

We currently have 3 new players in ours.

Pirate skills are fucking broken in royals.

i havent been on but i can invite you

Learn to read faggot, that ain't what i asked.

sorry no need to be so mean no one new joined yet

how much people does your guild have anyways?

Probably just him.

when a pre-4th job server pre-NLC/chimney/bigfoot/zipang exists tell me otherwise fuck off with your highrate funserver

I do play Royals. Destiny and Royals have their own strengths.

Why would I play either? I made it clear I don't like post-BB content.

Even though this is a thread specifically for MapleDestiny, I don't care if people post other pre-BB servers. However, you're posting about a post-BB server that none of us want to join.

Sorry, pre-v62 servers aren't common. NightSoulMS shutdown last year, and I don't know of any other v55 (or earlier) servers.

royals is less broken in general and has a massively higher population

Just fuck off already, nobody wants to join your shit server. And Royals is broken as fuck, core pirate skills don't work for shit and you can get b& for saying nigger in the fm and breaking the hugbox.

sorry for playing a version of the game that isnt Night Lord or Bishop and having fun … i guess?

Do you play on Destiny? What's your character's name? You said you played at times when nobody was online.

i played on pre-wipe destiny you newboi to know enough how unbalanced pre-bb is

and my guild has people in it

Yeah, yourself.

no others too, but i only started a few days ago and looking for others to join too

Your skill link alts and that one random spic you made jr. master don't count.

MapleStory music makes me cry.

i didnt invite my alts

Max comfy

Sure thing, pal. Have fun playing alone in your autistic +10k str casualizaed mess.

thanks i am having fun at least

I'll always love the music for this game.

Can I get an invite to Aries guild?

IGN: Burgerman

Can I get an invite to the Destiny Guild?
IGN: TreyvonKun

Also this all purpose clock spring quest has a shitty drop rate, I dont even think it took me this long back in GMS v83

Sure thing bruh, i'll get to it whenever i can.

May I have an invite as well? Handle is Weeaboob

Are you online right now?

Nice copy/paste of the old thread, I've been on like every day under the name KakeDudez

x…D?
that was the whole point of the game you fucking retards

yeah but that isnt kakemanz thats kakedudez :^)

So earlier the healsluts were arguing over whether to have LUK or not. The healslut who said normal LUK was better should obviously be beaten, but here's some useful links.

*If you want to skip this whole autistic post, here's the summary: The magic attack of a LUK wand/staff needs to have a greater difference in magic attack than the highest magic attack LUKless wand/staff compared to the amount of AP needed to invest in LUK to equip it in order to be worth using. This will be difficult for bishops due to lv77 maple weapons and straight up impossible for arch mages due to lv130 ele wands.

hidden-street.net/forum/threads/31153-Morgana-s-Guide-to-LUK-for-Magicians
Has a lot of information information about LUK for mages. Was last updated Decemember 2009, so it should be applicable to v83.
Short version is that it recommends low LUK while offering suggestions on where to cap depending on the weapon you want to use. The guide also mentions using equips like zhelm to help reach the LUK cap while keeping the base LUK down. Keep in mind that lv77 maple weapons were not available until post-BB and were manually added by Destiny.

mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/magic-damage-calculator.30441/ ((Magic²/1000 + Magic * Mastery * 0.9)/30 + INT/200) * Basic Attack * Amp * Elemental Wand Bonus This is the damage formula used as of v62, though I doubt much has changed since v83. Notice that LUK is not used in this equation, while INT is counted twice as part of total magic as well as on its own. (though the latter appears to only offer a slight boost)

Another thing to consider is that Maple Warrior increases base stats by %. A LUKless mage will have more base INT than a LUK mage, and thus will gain even more INT from MW.

This is why warrior AP builds are objectively better. You invest in DEX until you have the accuracy to hit shit, then go full STR. There is literally no argument to this. Healsluts need to know their place.

GET IN HERE, WE DISCORD NAO

discord.gg/0zjAOjJfsq6c3JsZ

el bumpo

Ey orthodo if you're reading this, can you log in? Because you've been online for 3+ days.

ded

Rip trash

best bishop
best player
how will the guild survive without him?

trash. the only acceptable rates are 1x rates.

openmaple.com/

here is a better server

Literal Trash.

openmaple.com/showthread.php?tid=891
No thanks. I prefer MapleDestiny's anti-leech system. It discourages leeching and self-leeching, but doesn't outright ban it.

nothing of value was lost

if you are here trash pls tell us what happened in that targar run. Pretty guild is saying you came in uninvited and looted them

I said it before, bitchy healslut bfs are the worst. If you wanted us to do Zak/Scarga runs you could've helped us lvl up.

Yeah, no. Fuck off back to your shitty aries server.

I was on at the time, and he straight up said in guild chat that he got in uninvited, asked if we thought they'd be mad if he looted. I told him that yes, of course they'd be pissed, it's also a bannable offence. Very shortly after he said something along the lines of "prepare for butthurt smegas" then he dc'ed.

Also
If you think that the game is anything more than casual, you are delusional.
Ortho was 135 in like 2 or 3 days, and the only reason he's not through the roof is because he's been away.

highest levels are all healsluts

That's because Genesis is ez training.

So, i'm trying to get shit installed. I got the .83 files, copied the server files and I get stuck with the mapledestiny filestarter.

I keep trying to drag it from the zip, but it deletes itself or something and I can't get anything more.

Help?

Disable avast or add it to your list of exceptions.

I think that issue had something to do with antivirus. Of course with the nature of private servers antivirus programs have issues with it, so check down that route.

Every god damn time.

Now all you gotta do is get a guild inv.

Spurdolano
Orthodox
Peanutfishy
Whitecismage
zendra

Contact either of those, we're all online.

Heeho too

Fug.

Also, I take it this was the patch where it auto levels you and you get a full reset when you switch into a job?

Did you add it to avast's exceptions?

Just did now.

Also, anyone playing the game with a controller? Joy2key isn't working for some reason and i'm too lazy to 'get' a new version of xpadder at the moment.

Nope. Good ol' keyboard.

So, I take it that the 16x exp rates are everywhere but the beginner island? or am I missing something?

Yeah it's regular exp rates there since you need to finish the quests in order to get off the island, but if you level past 10 then you miss out on skills

Reminder that MapleRoyals is less broken where it counts

Don't think I don't see you, Trash.

Is this ironic?

Gave that faggot one good ol' piece of my mind. I hope it respects my opinion.

Do you seriously think they'd listen to logic or reason?
Their post might as well be concern trolling

nice trips though

I just wanted to cause a shitstorm.

yeah, fuck you too.

But here is a piece of my mind.

I downloaded GMS, and I've been playing it for over 2 weeks, I already got the 4th job and I am actually level 112.

The game is the same as it was 7 years ago, just with more "convenient" features, such the insta transport, but what is changed was the people, is no the game's fault to be honest, is the people's fault. Of course I can't deny that if you have nx you call pull over some bullshit, but that is mainly the problem, as the game is based in "comunnity" and if the community are a bunch of "tryhard" "hardcore" dicks, you will no have a good time. Plus if you are all alone.
How do I now this? Because I've been in every server around and is the same bullshit with just different presentation. I've been part of all the vee related guilds and I've been told the same just with different words: "we follow a meta like a lot of the people in this server, so if you try to have fun, or do something weird, then don't count with us". That applies to a lot of people. If you are too low, if you have bad gear, if you don't own the money. Is just rules, after rules, after rules and just make the experience of someone shit. Is no the game, because the mechanics don't change. Is the people that "have rules" in a free exploration (if you can call it that way, lmao) that limit the interactions with other people.

But going back to GMS, everything is just way too easy. the economy is shit tough, but actually with this "Eleven" event happening right now, you can get all the maple weapons and armor from over the pass 11 years, and in addition, you can get nearly 5m dialy with all the events with all the games related to it; so "grind" is not that tedious (if you can call it grind). The problem, like in other mp players, that when a meta is established, everything become stale, as everybody follows the guide to make money, get nice weapons, etc, etc.

I don't know how to explain myself in a better way, because my english is way too limited. But here is my humble opinion about the matter.

how to increase resolution

Pre-BB MS is limited to 800x600 resolution, so there's no native way to change it. I don’t know of any 3rd party tools to increase the internal resolution for older versions. However, there are a couple workarounds you can try.

sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/
This is how I launch MapleStory. It lets me launch it in windowed mode so I don't have to start it in fullscreen. It also lets you stretch the window, but I find it looks pixelated at non-divisible resolutions. I limit the size to 800x600 for that reason. Might still be worth looking at though. (I haven't updated it in a while, so it could have improved.)

Alternatively, if you use VirtualBox with Guest Additions (necessary for 3D acceleration, which MS uses for some reason) you can simply stretch the window after MapleStory starts and increase the size that way. Looks a lot better than DXWnd does when stretched.

One that has more content but which doesn't work, I might add. Cygnus Knights aren't worth playing because the skill tied to them that boosts stats for other characters doesn't work and most Hero quests don't work.

Why the fuck y'all niggas playin on Destiny?

The guild on royals died and people wanted to play a higher pre-bb version for one.

But I do agree Destiny was a bad choice , although it was impossible to tell how shit it is without someone playing it first.

Destiny has a lot of invisible, unmentioned stealth nerfs to the classic gameplay.

Anti-leech that is more of an annoyance to both the leechers and the leech, it doesn't stop leeching at all.

Endgame farming spots nerfed, they barely drop any equips to vendor for meso. This makes no sense because the server is 16x xp and 4x drop. Right now you can go to lvl 50 areas like drakes and earn more meso from their drops then skelegons. Shit is retarded. Why not just nerf exp and drop rates across the board?

The server is also dead, it has 150 online but is somehow 90% BR so no one even speaks English outside of guild chat. The guild itself has no future prospects as most people stop playing by 120 and no one is hp washing.

Christ, Destiny's even worse than I thought.

Why not just go back to Royals and repopulate the guild in that event? Clearly the interest is there, a guild was formed on Destiny that seems to have a decent enough population going by these threads.

V83 without too many custom changes like on Destiny would probably be a better choice unless Royals updates to v83.

I don't know if Royals is even comfy any more with 1200+ online. Did they add more channels? It's probably the only decent thing about Destiny is that you can train wherever.

Royals is plenty comfy, honestly. I can have passing conversations with most everybody and I've made a couple buddies in the past couple weeks. Made a Greekbro and talked politics with him.

There's around 12 channels, I think. Most that aren't ch1 are pretty sparse in population, so ch1 is where all the centralized activity is.

Oh, also that 1200+ online's probably only at absolute peak hours. Usually I recall about 700-800 people being on, no less than 600 at any given hour.

Spurdo here.

I also agree Destiny was sort of a bad choice. I had no idea the server turned bad post-wipe. I played there maybe 1.5-2 years ago and shit was perfectly fine, barely any shitty brs so i thought it'd be a nice place to start over, you could have interesting convos with people and some dude even gave me a zhelm for free and invited me to a zak run (Way back then, though.)

But Jesus Christ everywhere you go there's a fucking br speaking broken English or no English at all. I fucking hate brs and the nerf to skelegonsaurus is fucking bullshit, along with the leech nerf that doesn't do shit but to piss people off.

I don't mind much there being only ~150 people online, makes it more comfy for me, but when 100 out those 150 people online are fucking brazilians, it kinda kills the comfyness.

I seriously had no idea the server had turned this bad, because back when I played there weren't these dumb nerfs and the >muh toxic br community. If Royals ever updates with their fucking never ever new source, I'll head back there.

My problem with Royals is that fucking NEW source, they've been postponing it for 2 years or so now, and the faggot who's coding it decided to choose random shit he felt like picking for the new "skill balancing", leaving some completely necessary additions from v86 (like for paladin overlapping and higher %'s for charges. That ain't going in.) and completely flipping off the suggestions made by the users, at least the faggot had the decency to properly fix both pirate classes.

With that being said, new source never ever. Meanwhile, I guess I'll play around both servers or prospect new ones. I'll stay where the most people are anyways.

Shit lemme post hotwheels Jim's son.

Also, there's no people online in our guild. Are we dying already?

Did people actually like the pre BB grindfest that was MapleStory?

No, we liked the non-casualization from pre-bb, the lack of bullshit like cubes and potentials, all the cool grindan spots and the quests that were removed after bb.

GMS is still a grindfest, just a less-readily noticeable one due to godly-powerful characters in comparison to pre-BB and constant ways to increase the EXP you get that aren't HS.

I prefer pre-BB because of similar reasons to , stat-whoring is comparatively low because of no Cubes or potentials, the overworld for Victoria Island is actually a fucking overworld with huge maps and lots of exploring to do in comparison to three small maps you airdash through to get from the Vic Island hub to a major town, and because you're roughly as ineffective as everyone else until 4th job a lot of the I-must-solo-everything shittery that infests GMS isn't a thing.

I thought we have a lot of active 4th job players. Has this changed?

I think zendra and Spurdo were making characters for HP washing. Don't know about anyone else in the guild.

I think this is retarded as well and I can't think of any reason to defend it. It's not explicitly stated anywhere on the server, and even on the forums you may have to dig around because search doesn't always pick shit up. You have to go out of your way to find out they're doing this, which is even more retarded because it's done to encourage "nostalgic grinding spots" but you won't think to go to the other grinding spots unless you actually know about the nerfs.
I've seen suggestions on making older grinding spots more viable (increased spawn, portals to tp between areas of large maps, etc.) which would be a lot better than just straight up nerfing the better spots.

I think the idea was to discourage it, not outright stop it. I do agree it's a nuisance though. You could always use scripts on the leeched character to attack every so often to avoid the anti-leech, but it seems odd to have to do that on a private server when it's already much easier to level with increased EXP rates.

Destiny and Royals both do retarded shit for the sake of nostalgia, but with what Destiny is trying to pull, it makes me wonder why Destiny doesn't just use an earlier version without the new content they so desperately try to nerf.

Are there any better v83 servers? Seems like a lot of the popular PS's are v62 or recent versions. Was v86 the update that balanced shit? Why does no one use that version?

v86-v90 is where it's at. But nobody seems to be making servers on those version. I recall seeing a v90 alpha server going around, but they were in open alpha… You know how early access is.

Also something that really pisses me off are when faggot developers are reluctant to fix and balance shitty classes. I mean, fucking why?

Well anyways, i say let's stick with Destiny. We already have a foothold here and starting again is just a fucking hassle.

If Royals ever updates with their fabled new source, then I'd start looking at them.

On the meantime, I'll stay in Destiny and make that shit good again. It ain't us who have to leave, it's the brs.

Also, we're gonna do Zak right now, anyone who wants to come, do so now.

POWER CREEP POWER CREEP POWER CREEP

there i saved you 25minutes

The game died because it went full pay to win.
this nigger does not even want to admit it because hes a retard that still plays the game.
the game went down hill as soon as they added 2x exp which made the game pay to win
i cant even continue watching.

I played Royals with 8ch Holla Forums last year is the guild still alive?

Nope, we all move to Destiny and are pretty much alive there.

my dick gets way more alive that this guild I tell you.

Not really, since whining to be let back into it (inactive for a long while and I'd been removed for guild spring-cleaning in a revival attempt according to Urist) I've seen one person log back in and he might've been a fluke.

I'll play with you though but I'm only around level 50

First time I've gotten the wrong thumbnail in a while.

forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/zakum-prequest-guide.2738/

You should really delete that.

Didn't have it saved, image leads to a totally different one. Thumbnail got swapped with someone else's image.

I'd like to make a hp washed character, but I'm a scrub at gathering funds. so I'll just stay on my comfy ass bishop for now.

adventure of bp continues

Jesus Christ I can hear how hard he's tipping his fedora

Shit man you're a fuckin goldmine.

I still think you're a faggot, but holy shit that guy is pathetic.

gallops stealth nerfed again

Yeah they stealth-nerf it everyday. Without any downtimes!

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

alright where can i get maple weapons on this server?

@whodrops [maple weapon]

level 160 and above have an exp nerf

mapledestiny.net/rankings/search/trash
Yep that would do it.

If you're so pro you should be able to 1HKO them by now.

this exp nerf is only applied in gallos, why do they hate gallos so much? its so retarded

lol shitters stop posting pls

fuck off trash nobody likes you

who /not poor/ here anymore

ur still lower lvl then me

Step it up faggot

ugly

maplelegends.com/

good server, v62 2x rate

fuck off trash, nobody likes you

who?

Why would i want to play a Ragnarok Online knock off?

tfw im tiger

I believe this is the same server of which I got banned from after this guy spoke to me in spanish, to which I replied, "where are your papers?"

Pic related from last year

Anyway does the client work on linux?

fucker what happens in Afreeca stays in Afreeca

I had luck with v62 (Royals) by simply copying ws2_32.dll and ws2help.dll from WinXP then setting the version to Win98 after installing Royals. That same wine instance can't run Destiny, so I assume it won't work with other v83 servers. (I've also used winetricks to no avail.) Hackshield might be what's causing problems, but I thought it wasn't used on clients for private servers.
I settled with using VirtualBox. (Both XP and 7 work fine.) Install guest additions, enable 3D acceleration, and you're set.

That was back in royals, i remember the whole thing.

tfw no omok bf

why u not on saga?

we wait for u !

maplesaga.com/why-saga

why did you fucks never make a guild HQ?

i can warp to different cities and shit from inside it

Why does this shit give me a Trojan/Spy.Gen detection you faggots fuck off

Maybe you shouldn't be using Avast mate :^)

You can basically do this with any v62 server, but it's important to also include the wzmss.dll in the system32 folder for wine.
Installing the directx plugins from winetricks is also a must, their forum has a guide on which ones to get.
Don't bother with virtualbox, in fact, you're better off dualbooting if you want to use GMS/other private servers. The 'themida error' that GMS throws at you isn't worth trying to solve, and some private servers will just throw a vague Grd2 error.

I will however, try my luck with the v83 servers. Maybe it's just removing the hackshield altogether.

I've never had the 'themida error' before and I've been playing private servers in VB for a couple years now.

It's not showing up in my Royals wine prefix, yet it works perfectly. What is it supposed to do?

Beats me, but from the forum posts i've been seeing, if you don't have wzmss, the client will just throw an error at you and not run (At least that's what the Royals/Legends guide told me). You have to download the file and manually put it into the sys32 folder.

Weird, I've never done that, nor have I had problems with it before.

Guild is kill?

Almost looks like it.. last 2 times I've logged on I've been by myself.

Even with the obvious time difference, looks like most the burgers, bar spurdo and monarch, have more or less been gone

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm busy with final projects and other shit right now. I'll be more active in the next week or 2 once I'm done with classes for the semester.

It also depends on when you log on. Certain times I'm almost guaranteed to be alone, while other times can be very active.
Remember, last time we thought guild was dead we pulled off an 8-player zrun, and still had users log on afterward. We should do another.

Monarch here, I'll keep playing as long as we have a few other active players. I feel as though a bunch of people just got burnt out. Meme boy said it himself.