ITT: GAMES THAT ENDED UP BEING AWESOME AS FUCK

ITT: GAMES THAT ENDED UP BEING AWESOME AS FUCK

all of them

video very related. Had a lot more fun with this than I expected. The co-op was great too when playing with my younger brother.

Yeah, right. The Mask for the Snes is awesome?
Lemme just check some gameplay footOH SHIT

Kind of one of those odd games where it was panned by critics, but enjoyed by players…

At the every least, you'll probably just find it generic…

I miss when I picked out games by their box art alone and be rewarded.

i just came here to say i'm out
i'm fucking out
eat shit faggot
i'm out

shitlord

Is this a good or bad thing?

aka the corrupt press

yeah nah fuck that piece of shit

This was a fucking fun game. I should get it on my Xbox again. And if it's not Battlecry, I think the Xbox has Invasion.

It's exactly like the show, with random monsters fucking with you at every turn. I liked it, except for the party wipe = game over rather than just bringing me back to the last Inn I stayed at and make me revive my team for money.

Didn't most RPGs at the time do that or was it just me?

Hope most people who play(ed) the game got the JPN or PAL versions of the game because the ENTIRE POST-GAME CONTENT WAS CUT FOR THE NA VERSION…

Why? The fuck should I know…

Wanted: Weapons of fate

this game is better then the movie
it did bullet curving as a game mechanic perfectly

only down side it that it is really short

Mind explaining what kind of game it is?
Does it emulate well?

got you fam

Transformers meets Gundam

actually a pretty fun beat 'em up. grab a friend and play away

Hot damn fam, that looks rad.
Does it run well on PCSX2 as well?
How does Invasion run on PCSX2?

The best thing.

I have the autograph of the current speedrun holder of shrek 2 on the back of a wrapped bandaid

Wow that does look pretty good. Love the animation. However…

Why even live.

I had The Mask for SNES as a kid. Back then I didn't like it.
More recently I gave it another try, and this time I kinda enjoyed it. It still has some things I don't like too much (sprites too big, hitboxes a bit wonky, maze-like level design) but overall I had fun playing it, using the sledgehammer to hit enemies is hilarious.

It's a decent game, I rate 6.5/10

Also, GITS for Playstation. Great game with unique physics and controls, cool atmosphere and 10/10 soundtrack. It was made by the same guys who did Jumping Flash 1 and 2.

it means were not memeheaded cancer, but it also might mean we hate fun

Lot of tie-in games fit this.
Riddick 1 and 2.
Star Wars Episode 1 on PS1/PC.
Star Wars Episode 3, handheld and console games.
Stuart Little 2.
King Kong.
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.
Toy Story 2.
James Bond Agent Under Fire/Nightfire.
Alien Trilogy.
Ghostbusters on Mega Drive.

Payed £2 for it and thoroughly enjoyed just switching off my brain and blasting guys in the face for a couple hours.

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer is also pretty awesome.
Toy Story for Genesis/SNES is also a fairly good game, if anything because of the variety in gameplay, I used to beat it almost every day as a kid.

Agreed about Alien Trilogy and Sega's Ghostbusters.

Also:
Any Disney/Marvel licensed game made by Capcom: Chip and Dale, Ducktales, Talespin, Aladdin, Magical Adventure series, X-Men Mutant Apocalypse, War of the Gems, all the X-Men/Marvel fighters, etc.
Any Disney licensed game by Sega (minus Fantasia, that game sucks): Illusion series, Quackshot.
Various Warner-licensed games by Konami: Tiny Toon Adventures series, Animaniacs.
As well as the TMNT beat 'em ups, and The Simpsons Arcade game.

MY NIGGA

That card battle mini game was God tier.

It's Macross, you dip shit

And to think, that's not even the best Macross game.

Once you actually figure out what to do, it becomes a classic.

I was super hyped when it was announced. I was totally disappointed when I tried the demo, though. The controls were completely fucked. You'd bump into a table and suddenly you're sliding all over the place. Why not make a button that triggers the stunts? It would've made everything flow much better and feel like an actual video game version of Hard Boiled.

Holy fuck

That hammer has so much weight to it.

As a person of hoops decent, this was my fucking jam.

chik chikka boom chik chikka boom

It looks very fun, I'll try it out

Dumping one of the best open-world games imo.
Movie Game as well.

This looks fun as fuck. Why haven't any Macross games been translated outside Battlecry and Invasion.

Agreed. Wonder how the sequel faired.

Too short and too easy. 2 isn't a good game, but it's worth 1 playthrough if you really like the original.

what

I think it's because of licensing issues. Harmony Gold won't let go of the Macross license in the west, so it's really hard for anything Macross to get released over here.

Level 2 wasn't as hard as everyone makes it out to be, honestly.

It has the best tutorial mission I've ever played in a game.

Man, Stranglehold was the shit.
I want to know if there's other games that featured bullet time and stylish gunfights like this one or Total Overdose, Max Payne, Double action Boogaloo, etc.

Is Total Overdose worth the time of pirating on rural Iowa internet?

Shit no. That soundtrack was GOAT, but the game just handled like a clunker. I'd take X-Men: Clone Wars on Genesis any fucking day.

I blew 100 hours on the fucking demo on the official playstation magazine disc for this shit.

I did NOT know it came out on PC.

Speak for yourself, I never beat that stage

Another cool licensed game. I hope Vin decides to make more vidya someday.

This level is a bitch though.

It's good as long as you shoot things, which means quite a lot of the walkthrough Think of the gameplay as a crossing between tony Hawk and Max Payne, with a side of mexican clichés. The powers you have are silly and OP. Crank up the difficulty once you get a hold of the game.
The open world is shit though, despite going for some secrets and shit. I suggest you blaze trough the story, that's the main part.
But one thing for sure: go for it, pendejo. Here's the intro scene to hype you up.

I only knew it was on PC when I saw it for sale on a local retailer. Bought it for a friend's birthday.

It's amazing when you think about it, The Mask game was pretty much a 2D prototype of the crayzee formula to come (e.g. DMC)

This was also shockingly good for a licensed game.

pretty much every Disney game on SNES was good.

I remember enjoying it, but I haven't played it in a long while. Remember controls being good with Wolverine.

Some other licensed games I liked: Mazinger Z, fun action game, hard but addictive.
Go Go Ackman 3 (1 and 2 are good too but 3 is the peak, actually one of the best plarformers I've played on the SNES).
And Omega Factor might be my overall favorite licensed game, not just because of how good the game is but also because of the love they put into the presentation of the game and all the little details and cameos from characters of all the most famous Tezuka works.

I've beaten that game and level 2 is hands down the hardest to get right. Once you figure it out, it's fine, but it's a pain in the fucking ass to get through for the first time.

While great, that game has a completely reversed difficulty curve. Cub Simba is MUCH harder than adult Simba.

my absolute nigger

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIN!!

This is literally the only speedrun I've ever seen that actually fits the game.

Meaning what exactly?

Extremely fast and you cant keep up

I could picture the mask moving like a spaz at hyper active speeds.

I think he means it's the only game he's ever seen that looks like it was meant to spedruned like that.

Nigger everyone knows Butcher Bay was good, fuck off

Sanic can go fuck himself.

this game's ps2 port really pushed the console to it's absolute limits

Played it on the gamecube. This game really was pretty fucking good.

Solid survival-ish gameplay, amazing visuals,
spooky as fuck at times, kick ass soundtrack, and occasional times you get to be a giant gorilla and just beat the fuck out of everything.

Surprisingly fun.

Never get any further than beating the first race, though. For some reason the shotgun never worked, and I was bad at vidya then.

its pretty sad that nowadays what passes as retro artstyle is shit like pic related, completely oblivious to the real art and craft poured in games by people who actually liked and played them

i see that sprite brought up a lot as an example of pixelshit, but it looks alright in an actual screen shot

Yeah, the ostriches are 99% muscle memory, I will admit the hippo part is some bullshit, though. The lava level was the one that was a bitch for me.

has anyone made a webm of the game's main dev losing his shit when some random fuckboy speedrunner showed a major glitch that allowed him to skip an entire sewer section?

Oh yeah also this game has no right to be this challenging and fun

From what vidya is her?

Amazing shit. It's the best ad I've ever seen in my life.

Found the speedrun you were talking about.

Fucking perfect

i dont actually remember the name of it

I never quite got what the Guardian mode was for.

god damn I forgot about those words

"our challenge was to make sure that we could run a 60fps game with very large sprites to improve the animations"
so much for indie gamers setting trends eh? It amazes me that even shitty tie-ins from the nineties had more heart put into them than the garbage we get today.

The only reason that sprite looks halfway presentable in The Scythian is camera placement being so far away and a lot of blur and bloom filters crapped all over it. In and of itself, the sprite is absolute shit, and of course that means your favorite grrl gaymer praised it to no end.

The animation work is amazing, no doubt, and the attack and movement options are varied, fun, and use elements from the movie perfectly. Unfortunately the level design is mostly shit where you keep getting confused by warping through a dozen or more pipes per level that all go in crazy random directions. Whoever did the animation was so talented that it almost looks like an early PS1 side scroller, but overall gameplay is just a mediocre platformer.

Holy shit I miss shrekchan

Great game, was willing to buy the LP but that shit costs an arm and leg.

How is the PC port of this game?

too bad pretty much nothing got archived from it and faggot admin added a robots.txt so webarchive didn't crawl it either

I can still show you the mexican parody of shrek.

i wont deny that the sprite work is pretty low end but the presentation would have to be pretty horrible for me to mind something like that. when im playing risk of rain i dont notice, but this game is clearly meant to be more atmospheric so maybe they could put a bit more work in to it. either way its a fuck load better than what i could do even if you gave me 5 million dollars.

MODERATELY FUN FAST

I bet you never tried you fucking loser piece of shit. Try making a sprite in paint at 28x12 resolution or higher and then talk about it.

i mean, ive drawn robots and tanks in paint but they dont look particularly great and i didnt animate them. seeing things in action is a pretty big deal.

Fair enough. I still would bet you could get a better set of sprites drawn for $5million than The Scythian.

shucks, maybe

pizza time

I actually preferred DB Advance to AB:OF

Haven't played DB Advance yet but I always hear good things about it. I will play it some day.

Of all Dragon Ball games I have played, my favorite is still Super Butoden 2 though.

I love that movie. Too bad they shit on it's corpse with the sequel.

good movies never die

Another developer actually tried to copy Mario Kart: Double Dash!!'s two characters per kart feature? This raises my interest user.