What's the comfiest racing/car game ?

What's the comfiest racing/car game ?

Other urls found in this thread:

gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2014-mclaren-p1-fb28b756-465d-43e7-b4e0-9793bfa5f714
github.com/bigsnake09/BallisticNG/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any Tokyo Xtreme Racer. There's nothing like racing on a freeway.

I just played the first one today, I immediately dropped it, I can't get a grasp on drifting, maybe I needed to tune the car, but I don't know how to do that either. Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to drop it and give it a proper chance.

Burnout 3

what are some good drifting racing games? i want stuff where you can go full takumi on those turns.

Tuning your car is one of the most important facets in the series. At first, you're going to be limited with some options. But once you start upgrading, there's plenty to toy around, from general steering and brake sensitivity to gears. If you feel that TX1 feels to archaic, feel free to jump to 2, Zero or 3. If you want more drifting, there's the Drift series under the same name.

I love just cruising around in BeamNG but it isn't really "comfy" as even the smallest crash will fuck up your car.

Driver series, especially 1 and San Francisco
Test Drive Unlimited
Richard Burns Rally
DiRT
American Truck Simulator
City Car Driving, surprisingly comfy

jap racing games are trash tbh fam, bad physics and bad music.

The Crew is quite comfy tbh, put on the ambient music radio and just cruise at sunrise. Especially since the Wild Run update brought more graphics

TDU 2, modded, no traffic, no birds, turn off the hud turn on the smoothest jazz you can get and drive alongside the ocean slow as fuck.

Forgot Mafia I. It has the most realistic handling of alcohol prohibition era cars. Extremely comfortable to play.

The Crew

Put on the background music radio and maybe your own calm rock songs, get a car with an engine note that isn't as aggressive and take a ride by the beach

Tokyo Xtreme Racer always stood in between the line realistic and arcadey, but this is a comfy racing thread, so that's neither here nor there. As for music, doesn't everyone use their own anyway?

I wasn't talking about the very first one, I was talking about the first one on PS2, I forgot there were games before the PS2 one.

if i want to drift i pick up AC because for all its flaws it has some very satisfying drifting

Step up, casual.

Forza Horizon is pretty comfy to cruise in. If for whatever reason you decided to buy an xbone the sequel is apparently good too

I like The Crew, but an update broke my steam controller and now it won't work right.

Driver both one and 2 are very comfy, the music just sets it right, Driv3r can be comfy just with the music alone but the whole trying to be like GTA kills it for me.

Driver San Francisco was actually pretty comfy, it's nice to actually drive around and the whole shifting business makes it nice to switch cars easily, I wouldn't pay to much attention to the story, but the driving feels great especially in first person view. damn shame you couldn't be chemo and run over pedestrians that resembles hipsters.

ETS2/ATS. Nothing's comfier than a great big truck cruising down the highway.

I want a current Gen TDU

I acknowledge i have the shittiest of tastes but i found Nfs Pro Street to be one of the confiest racing games ive ever played
I know there are way better racing games out there but this one is one of my laid back, relaxing, comfiest racing games out there.

OUTRUN2006
U
T
R
U
N

Racing just doesn't get more comfy than this.

Then you are not playing the game correctly

I was going to say that or Spintires, because offroading is comfy.

Any Mario Kart that doesn't have DLC.

Anyone got top mods for Assetto Corsa list? I just got into it and would like to expand upon it.

Driver: SF

stop having shit taste smh

I've never even heard of this one.

cars arent comfy at all

they are loud, polute the air, shaking you around like a ragdoll

humanity fucked up big time inventing this shit

eat BBC cuck

you like cars because you are a puny fag

You're a cunny vag t b h.

I agree.
That aesthetic style was the comfiest of all nfs.
The customization was one of the best in the series, even better than nfsU2 in my opinion.

smugglers run

Is it fun? Doesn't look like there's any night time driving but as long as it keeps me hooked I don't mind to much.

heh

It's Burnout with open world, less desolate environment, best car jacking system ever made, and chase scenes from 60's-70's muscle car flicks as bonus missions.

I never played burnout, or many racing games, but it has always been a genre I wanted to get into.

Everything sounds really nice though. Guess I'll download it and give it a try.

Bicycle Internet Defense Force please fucking leave

Driver San Fransisco, just installed it and it's great. Only thing is there's no manual option and the car slightly, but noticeably steers to the right if driving straight, it's triggering my autism to the point where it's affecting my enjoyment.

Diddy Kong Racing

You might wanna check your controller/gamepad.

If you just want to drive around GTA V with some car mods is pretty comfy.

i like gta IV driving better

What's everyone's opinion on Ridge Racer 7? I want to pick it up, but I've never played RR before. Should I just stick to emulating Type-4 instead?

Man, where the hell have you been?

What are some good mods? I recently went back into it just to drive around in first person, there are some pretty areas
Also Euro Truck Simulator 2/American Truck Simulator if they count are really comfy

I really like this McLaren mod

gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2014-mclaren-p1-fb28b756-465d-43e7-b4e0-9793bfa5f714

It even has the spoiler coming out when you accelerate n stuff. Definitely one of the most well done car mode yet.

Agreed. very comfy. easily the most comfy racing game ive ever played.

Has anyone tried Forza 6 Apex yet? Is it comfy or just a regular racing game?

Wut, drifting? Proper grip driving is what you do in the main series. Brake before the corner and feather the throttle through the corner then slam back on the gas once you're lined up with the straightaways.

Tuning is super important though. Start with an understeer when setting it up then start adding oversteer until you find something you're happy with. Though TXR does tend to have some pretty wonky physics Kaido Racer Chain Reaction is splodge inducing though, and Import Tuner Challenge is pretty nice though it does have this feeling of being half baked in the car selection

Come on son, they might not be perfect but they're not all trash.

Fuck you for reminding me I still need to figure out why Prostreet doesn't like my PC or Xbox Controller

Game's fantastic, good music, fun physics, nice challenge, great atmosphere about it and Speed challenges are insane.. Only let downs were No Mycars mode to fuck around in Though you could just get a trainer to have enough money to not care and the Kings were kinda shitty.

Look at this pleb and laugh.

I'd imagine it's like any other Forza game Horizon not withstanding so just a regular Simcade racing game.

Also Project Gotham Racing is pretty comfy

Whats the general consensus of BMW's in racing games?

I like'em

Oh yes, this is nice.

Need for speed 2.

Just comfy playing. Contend with doing the best times on the different tracks, listen to the sweet music. Put on obstacles and avoid trafic aswell as you cruise around in a Ferrari or McLaren.

And oh, it got dual-screen (you know, so you can actually play with friends who is visiting you).

there is only one correct answer.

Is that what I think I'm seeing?

Ballistic NG, a completely open source game currently in development and designed as a love letter the first three Wipeouts.

Full mod support; custom tracks, custom ships, custom music etc. The dev answers questions on wipeoutzone and playable builds are available here: github.com/bigsnake09/BallisticNG/releases

It's got some kinks but it's in dev and free so who cares; it's still the best thing to happen to the Wipeout community in a very long time. I mean he's made a working track editor so it's basically an infinite amount more content for classic Wipeout, I couldn't possibly ask for more.

YOU'VE GOT THE BEAT
YOU'VE GOT THE POWER

Diddy Kong Racing. 25 tracks, 3 vehicles and car gameplay that focuses on drifting. One advantage it has over CTR or the later Mario Kart games is that you don't jump when you drift, so you can chain drift really quickly to zigzag around. It's a nice level of control you can't have in similar games. There's also the boss races and challenges, which are pretty good.
Burnout: Revenge. One of the reasons I still have my original Xbox hooked up. It's fast, it's crazy and it plays well. There are loads of clever game design ideas, like how if you're in first place the only easy way to get boost is to drive on the wrong side of the road, which is dangerous. Sometimes you can glitch through the floor though, which is kinda weird.

The little story vignettes in RRT4 were comfy as heck. I sure as hell didn't expect to get such feels from an arcade racer. It's such a shame the direction of the RR franchise afterwards didn't take more cues from T4.

something real comfy about the Gran Turismo series of games.

The menu music were always my favorite.

GET READY FOR BATTLE
HES THE BLACK KNIGHT

GIVE ME YOUR MONEY

Pic related is one of the best driving games I've ever played that no one talks about.

I don't like many arcade racers tbh, especially when they're overly unrealistic.

Boring af to play. Autistic car selections, boring physics, and boring aesthetics. The customization is good, but the racing gets tedious. Handling is pretty realistic, but they removed all the fun from real life cars. Everything is too serious. I enjoy driving bouncy old cars with poor all season tire grips in GTA IV, it felt realistic, I don't know why GT couldn't capture that same feeling. They don't even know how muscle cars and land barges handle IRL, only fast cars with lots of downforce.

BTW, that's a cool skylark and eldorado, but your taste in cars isn't eclectic enough.

Opinion noted and disregarded. But anyways I was just throwing out some Jap games that had Good music I'll even post an example preemptively.

And GT has good physics, nice OST selection and ludicrous car selection It has an Dodge Intrepid that can be turned into a drag car in 2 for fuck sake. But the sound design is awful.

Also I was just posting some prime boats to prove how wrong the hippie faggot baiter was.

Nah, that sounds like crap.

Listen to vid related, that's how a good jazz music sounds like.

I did, I checked the window where it shows all the inputs, I don't remember what it's called, but it shows the analog input, and it's center.

HOW LONG WILL WE

GO ON WITH A

MODERN WAY OF

LETTING GO

What ended up happening to Frosty? Was he raped by Jamal in a ND prison?

Nah, son. I think you mean

HOUSE REAL BIG
CAR REAL BIG
**BELLYREAL BIG**
EVERYTHING REAL BIG

LEGO Racer.

user, wait for PowerDrive 2000 instead

Talk about the most un-/ogc/ vidya you can play.

Also, who the fuck mods real cars into a GTA game? That's just fucking wrong, man.

I used to want to replace every car in GTA with it's real life counterpart, but I realized this was futile cause GTA cars are cool and unique in their own way.
I love the Hakumai and Sabre Turbo, I'd kill to have them.

A shame R✡ decided to drop the consistency with their later games.

Would be kickass to imagine an emerging Vulture that basically has the design of the modern Charger, which is what they gave the Buffalo, instead.

Don't even bother explaining to me what they did to the Sabre. Absolutely disgusting.