Vidya Cherry Popping

ITT: Post the first Vidya you ever played

I got to play this many times on my dad's GBC and it ended up landing me my own copy and my own GBC. Fuck, I love Crystal.

That was your first? Seriously OP?

Unfortunately my brother sold it when we were young so I barely remember anything about it

probably centipede, I remember playing it a lot on my grandpa's atari

I don't remember what my first game was. I grew up with an NES and SNES, but I also played a shit load of DOS games as a kid.
These are probably my earliest vidya memories, along with those "1000 in one" DOS game pack disks.

My "first game" was probably something on NES, because I was born in 1991, but my family couldn't afford an SNES for a while, and I would have been too young to figure out a keyboard, or how to launch a game through DOS on my own, but I definitely remember blowing into those fucking carts.

The first five or six video games I ever played were RTS, I thought for a long while that's what all video games were.

ran through the whole game at 4 years old with my dad

Sonic the Hedgehog, on the Master System. It looks like a backport of the Mega Drive version but the Master System versions have completely different levels.
Master Systems had this black and red grid motif going on, which I really like. Every cartridge looks the same except the name on the label. There's even a game built in if you turn it on without the cartridge in, which is either Alex Kidd in Miracle World or Sonic.
I never liked the original Mega Drive Sonic, because the European versions just ported the NTSC ones without accounting for the framerate difference. Euro Sonic 1 feels laggy as fuck as a result, but the Master System version is smoother.

Duck Hunt.

muh nigga

My first games were SkiFree and Streets Of SimCity

And It's still as good as the first time I played it.

I have accepted nintendo is dead inside now but they can't take away the cherished memories I have of this and Adventure Island 2.

Yup, shit thread

I still play it to this day

This is the earliest I can remember.
Ripper Roo used to scare the shit out of me as a small child, so I always had to get someone else to do that boss fight for me.

The only shit post I see is yours.

pitfall on the atari 2600

This was the first super nintendo game I had, and I still own it, I lost the box and manual though.
I love it.
There's a Gundam fighting game with similar gameplay to this one

Didn't even get dubs.

When I got access to a legit PS1 (because before then I had a shitty one that could only read bootleg PS1 games), I ended up playing these games in reverse order. 2 is pretty excellent. Though I found Ripper Roo always to be fucking hysterical when I saw him rather than terrifying.

Yeah, so?

I only got to play the first one and remember hating it. Was the second one any better?

I seriously have no idea. Might have been SMB. I have very vague memories of playing that, and very clear memories of playing World and Kart. At the time, I would spend most of my time wishing I had my own games.

I wound up playing (but never beating) Crash 1 a few years later. I could get almost to the end, but I remember the last levels being fairly hard… for a Crash game.

I need to get a new PS2/1 controller so I can give it another shot. I don't recall finishing 1 either. I do recall finishing 2 and 100% 3.

I was going to say, it makes sense how dumb a lot of posters are. But then I realized there is no age limit on that.

I was 4, beat it in the second session too. I remember it taking me a week or two to beat zelda. Just spent forever exploring.

I'm sure we have totally reasonable teenagers with non-shit taste in video games here. Somewhere.
They're right next to all of the retarded shitposting adults.

This is the first one I can remember.

I still have the Warcraft I manual, pretty good game but in my case I played 2 first so it was hard getting used to the mouse and keyboard functions

I remember when this came out the graphics were mind blowing. I played country returns on the wii and was disappointed big time. DKC is one of the best series in snes

I had a demo disc that came with the playstation that included MGS, I kept playing it over and over again. Good times

A friend of mine used to have this one and once I'm pretty sure we unlocked a level with shittones of coins, I think it was a ship or pirate shit. Were never able to unlock it again

I used to play Doom in a Jaguar a friend used to have, there was a little plastic thing you could cover the controller with so each weapon would have an icon assigned to its quick draw button, very cool.
I don't remember if it was as good as the PC one though

I got ducktales 2 for christmas and loved it, I never played 1 though

Earliest I can remember. Too bad the SNES doesn't work.

It was either this one or the mario game on the original gameboy

Fury-3

Im pretty sure it was either this, Pitfall or another Atari game

No idea, probably one of these 2 though.

My nigga. My intro to the series was the first one but I played the second one about a year or two back and loved it more than the original.

:^)

I can't remember if I enjoyed clearing hard with a perfect or going through the puzzle mode more.

I don't remember what was my first game. Some PS1 game probably, since it was first console we had.

now that I think it might have been crash bandicoot 2 actually.

I played this first when I was about 3. I actually enjoyed Kangaroo and River Raid more though.

My whole family gathered around to play Oregon Trail.

go back to the nursing home grandpa

Definitely a change of pace when I got to my second game, Diablo.

Nothing quite like the classics.

fug

I also remember playing quite early, but I never got past the first few screens or so because child me was too retarded for the controls.

Okay so I kind of have 2 first games. As in if I go back as far as I can in my memories the very first thing I can remember is Sonic sanding on this log from Sonic 2.
I didn't choose the Sonic fag life the Sonic fag life chose me
But i don't actually remember playing since I must have been a toddler at the time and my bro ended up tripping on a cord and that broke our genesis before I was older.
the first Sonic game i played myself was Sonic CD on our Windows 98 Packard bell PC.

The first game I actually have memories of playing myself was OoT and that was before i even knew how to read.
I didn't read the dialog to find out what to do I memorized what my brothers did and that's how i played the game.

Probably this and another bunch of PC-Engine games.
I still have them all but the PC-Engine is dead, or the cable, I don't know.

To clarify, I was 3/4, so I don't remember what the very first one was, but Psycho Chaser is the biggest memory I have.

I was 4 when I got my hands on both of them, courtesy of my older brother. Best birthday gifts ever.

Road Rash for my grey gameboy original

I still have the cartridge to this day. Never knew this was an arcade port until my teen years.

One of my favorite games and probably the reason why I never really struggled at games unlike my friends at the time.
I wish I still had friends

Splatoon

Are you me? I couldn't even get past the first enemy.

Honestly I can't even remember my first game since I started playing vidya at around 3 years old. It most likely would have been Super Mario Bros. 3 though, as it came out just before my third birthday and I remember it being one of my most played games early on.

Some shit game in the Intellivision, then NES Mario.

Destroying the Eiffel Tower with the Ion Cannon was one of the high points of my upbringing

I got that game when i was 9 in 2001, because I did nicely in school, not hard in primary level.

My first game was Sonic 2

I remember because my brother got a Genesis for his birthday and my parents were richfags and we were spoiled. He cried that he wanted a NES instead so they got him that. I didn't even want it, I was into music. Thankfully it showed me how awesome vidya is.

My 80s nigga

Since VNs count as vidya :^)

Holy shit, I remember when my uncle used to pirate the games and burn them to a cartridge or cd and one of the burnt GB cartridges has that game…

The "bootleg" Diamond was something called Keitai Denjū Telefang… Think pokemon combined with digimon plus using a mobile phone to call on them for battle…

That shit is my second favorite Sonic game. At least & Knuckles is.My favorite is Sonic CD.

As said before, I ended up getting a legit GBC and legit copy of Crystal. I did however got a bootleg PS1 from his trip to the middle east. You could basically burn games onto CDs and easily pirate games for the thing. One I particularly remember was one full of old NES games. Had shit varying from Disney shit to Bubble Bobble.Its why I love Bubble Bobble and will never get the song out of my head.

My dad had a plug-in-and-play mini console when I was around 3. I remember the first game I played was Ms. Pac-Man on that thing. Ended up playing all the games on it, Dig-Dug was my favorite

If I had to guess it would be Simcity 2000 or 3D Dinosaur Adventure. Maybe neither. I honestly can't remember.

Are you me? Because I had that same SNES disc as well that just had a fuck ton of games…
It also had hentai games for some odd reason, didn't even know that those on consoles…
And now that I thing about it, the 5th gen of consoles along with the DC and PS2, is where I didn't buy games and mostly pirated them…

Though my uncle knew a guy to mod consoles to run the pirated copies on them…

It was just on the computer. I never found the disc or whatever it came from.

Probably Super Mario Brothers. I fucking hate platformers too.

I could never get past the intro stage.

I tell everyone that it was Final Fantasy Legend or Pokemon, though. Don't want to be the guy whose first game was a licensed game.

It's a blur that far back, but I probably played my grandpas Atari first (which I now have), H.E.R.O comes to mind as one of the games I played a shit ton.

Also had a 286 pc so there was Links Golf, Prince of Persia and some flight sim (F-15 or F-19).

First Gameboy games around that time were Tetris and Mario Land.

I recall playing Vega and just spammed punch.

Me and my mom would play this shit all the time. We almost 100% it, too.

can't remember exactly but it was either

kirby for game boy or home alone 1 and 2 for snes.

my parents tried to keep me as far away from electronics as they could, so naturally i walked down to a friend's house and played splitscreen campaign on his xbox like the little shit i was.

This and pic related. Technically only Spyro was first, but I got it and Toy Story 2 for Christmas along with a PS1, so Spyro only won out by a couple hours. I sorta consider them both part of the same vidya cherry popping experience.

I went back and replayed Toy Story 2 last year, and it was surprisingly solid (everything about the transitions between levels looked cheap as fuck, but whatever). Could just be nostalgia talking, though.

Mario kart 64. It came out the year I was born. One of my friends had his mom buy him a Nintendo
My first console was a ps2 and I played some frogger game on it.
I played vidya when I could as a child not really playing anything on a regular basis until my mom bought me a GameCube with sunshine. I played that shit for hours.

River Raid or Pong on cousin's Atari, can't remember which one was the first.
Some time later I got an NES with 168-in-1 cart, my first on that one was probably Battle City, or just "Tanks", as we used to call it

I still like it.

Pretty sure it was mario bros

My family rented a camera and recorded one of our christmas mornings. My brother was insanely happy about getting it, I was too young to give a shit either way
Earliest game I can remember playing though is Super Mario bros, so I assume I eventually came around

Can't remember if it was Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye 007, or some Mario arcade game. I'm leaning towards the former 2 because my aunt would babysit me a lot so I'd play with my older cousins on their N64. Shame no one I know who had a N64 still has one. The system was great for multiplayer.

Same. Or was it Pac Man? I can't remember.

It was some Atari Shit.

i still have no idea what the fuck i was doing in this game

tetris for gameboy, either that or super mario land.

Sonic 1 on the Mega Drive. Aged like milk in comparison to 2 and 3, but still alright for a quick run now and again.

The first game I remember playing, though we had Atari before that so maybe it was that one about chasing down the robber, or the plane river game.

A friend also had a PC with lemmings and some other old games on it.

Seriously, did this game just steal Shadowcaster's code somehow?

Super Mario bros. Grandma had a copy back when I was really young and that and pretending to hunt for deer with broomsticks was how I spent my time with her.

I was absolutely shit.

muh nigga

That cover art is metal as fuck

Not really sure which one was the first, and I got some others too, but from what I seem to recall my first memories are of AoE II

I took years to git gud, but I kept going back to it until I finally beat it. It's pretty short, so I still play it every now and then.

Holy shit, that cover

It wasn't that bad for a licensed game, though.

That game was this shit.

I was 6 years old. First time I ever played a game on the computer, infact probably the first time I ever used a computer.

I remember playing Rogue Spear for the NDS. That was the shit.

Shit, wait, it was actually for the GBA.

So much sweet memories tbh.

I was 3 years old. I started off just fucking around and not caring about the storyline, a year or two later I actually started progressing, if only because I wanted more cool items. The well and shadow temple traumatized the fuck out of me.

or this (in the VGA color scheme), I don't remember exactly which one.

Scratch that video, this one has a non-retard player.

One of these three tbh fam
I'm 19 :^)

me too :^)

son.

Fuck, now I feel old.

Your friend had a jaguar you played inside of?

Neat.

Sim City on Windows 95

shiiiiiit. I thought I was the only one with the pc version.

I swear something was bugged cause Zero didn't give you the buster when you took out vile.

And I couldn't find it normally.

First game I played was probably duck hunt. The other two are the earliest games I remember, in once actually playing, and in the other case I just sat in someone's lap and watched.

Do any of you guys really, actually, remember what the first game you played was? I could barely begin to guess myself - could have been Mario Bros as easily as Doom.

either one of these 2, can't remember which

No nevermind, I'm wrong, I just remembered it was an even older game that didn't have colours, just black and white kinda like pic related but replace all the diagonal lines with pixels. It was a sidescroller where you were a dude with a sword and had to advance by killing other swordmen going from the right to the left side of the screen and at the end there was some sort of miniboss who was just another swordman, I have no idea what the name was and I tried googling it up but I can't find shit. I used to play it at my dad's office when he would take me with him, good memories.

Might have been another ZX spectrum game

Shit, I remember buying Rogue Spear for the PC, but I could never get it to run. :x

First system I've ever owned was a gameboy pocket.

These were my first PC games though.

good shit

Still have my original copy with the Dark Forces demo.

Either Super Mario Bros., Contra or Battle City

Funny enough, when I bought an airsoft pistol of choice I went for the m1911 colt immediately and had never made the connection until now.

Hercules?

Pong and Space invaders,and Tetris on some shitty portable 1000 game shit.

It was a very solid rip off of Mario 64
The power ups were really cool to use

Funny thing the 3rd level had that puzzle where you need to mix Blue Red and Yellow to make Green Purple and Orange.

That puzzle thought me about Primary and Secondary colors years before school did.That Made me feel smarter then everyone else in the class.

Also in class we were doing a thing where we had to say bigger numbers like

Whats a number bigger then 2 and someone would say 3 and then 5 and so on.

but when it got to me it was "what is a number bigger then 10 user" and I said Infinity
because Turok 2 cheats thought me what infinity was.
and my teacher didn't know what the fuck to do.

Video games knowledge made me feel like a Badass in grade 1.

It was a copy exactly like this one of a bootleg SMB3, still my favorite game ever

My mom threw away the cartridge one day, it was still working, when I found out it was already too late, I get sad every time I think about it

This one, I think. Apparently one of my cousins let me play it when I was 2 and my dad bought it.

Contra on the NES in 98.

mah nigga

no way, hercules had amazing graphics compared to that, as I said, it was all pixelated and black and white like in that shit oekaki I made

The one and the original

I also remember playing a Mickey Mouse game at the same time where Mickey started up black and white and then the artstyle developed as the game went on. Can anyone name this game?

It was either DOOM or Spider-Man for the PS1. Both of them that is. I can't remember which one I played first but I do know that when I had my ps1 those were the first two games I played. I'm glad that my great taste in videogames already began so soon. Yes ofcourse doom plays better on pc, but ps1 doom had a really cool soundtrack

bruh
I'm pretty sure that was the third game I played. I torrented it a couple of years ago, but it doesn't control that nicely with a keyboard, still played it for a decent few hours. Same for Rayman the great escape. Such solid fucking games.

Hard to say what I played first. Probably something on C64, bubble bobble?

Some years after that we got SNES (donkey kong country!) and at some point I discovered PC (at the time Apogee Software games + jetpack)

Fuck, PS1 Spider-Man was so fucking good. And the bringer of my nightmares.

correction, only played Star Gunner

Fucking Spyro man. I collected all of the good games. Shame that he's ruined thanks to Skylanders.

The n64 version was much better.

bad memory, it was Raptor: Call of the Shadows not star gunner.

Super Mario Bros. played on my friend's Famiclone. I ran straight into the first goomba, after which my friend took away the controller. An omen of my future gaming career.

Мой негр.

Only got to touch the Sinclair once so don't think that counts

Ha. You still look silly to somebody whose first game was Yar's Revenge so don't feel cocky because you think you have seniority.

I've been exposed to video games since I had infantile amnesia (older brothers had already gotten introduced). As far as I know: it could be any of these.

I actually can't remember if I played Mario and/or Kirby on the Gameboy first or Mario on NES.

This was definitely my favorite game though.

this game taught me to read, to golf, and to enjoy my time with my gramps (who would religiously play this literally all day given half a chance)

Competed with my bro for high scores when I was 3. Probably the earliest game I can remember playing was either this or Missile Command.

I remember this one. Good times.
Pic related were some of my most memorable shareware vidya back then.

Having trouble remembering which arcade game. Maybe Daytona?

How the fuck do you expect me to remember? I was way too young to have consistent memory.

I was so young I can't remember. Berserk, Frogger, River Raid and the Ghostbusters games on Atari 2600 are all firm contenders.

But the first game I ever remember owning for myself was a gold cartridge NES Zelda.

mdk 1