WII U PIRACY ON CURRENT FIRMWARE NOW

twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/727339300564533248

5.5.1 KERNEL EXPLOIT IS OUT, BOTH NINTENDO SYSTEMS ARE NOW HACKABLE ON THE CURRENT FIRMWARE

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/727343486333120512
gbatemp.net/threads/hey-listen.424936/page-16#post-6308295
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1436/~/system-menu-update-history
gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-951#post-6308154
twitter.com/NWPlayer1234/status/727347684596576256
twitter.com/NWPlayer1234/status/727358690366345216
mega.nz/#!FURGnTiZ!c_bR_rhiPtJVWxLCzaIiFlDn1OwaZa6PL6Wkr68o_EA
github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases
github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases
github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/tree/master/meta
[ip
a.pomf.cat/dqabjd.zip
twitter.com/NWPlayer1234/status/727361768482172928
fogu.com/hm4/farm/oopsy.htm
rhcafe.us.to/?page=t&id=108
romhacking.net/hacks/2714/
darkumbra.net/forums/topic/53785-larsenvs-mega-wii-u-index/
youtube.com/watch?v=BkTVinPDUeM
youtube.com/watch?v=odxV3VsH7U0
github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/v0.2
gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/
loadiine.ovh/
pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
pastebin.com/jeBeudbY
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
mega.nz/#!GJ5nzaDJ!-kkYHM4puQeoFsbas18P_QV_cKB4eoJdbU7CdjlC558
mega.nz/#F!W5QlAYhR!2qCJ0zS1IZvSS0bZtruMUQ
archive.is/CeGW2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh shit is it happening

Wait. Wake me when they make more smash 4 costumes mods.

Fucking finally. I haven't touched my Wii U all year because they said the exploit was coming out February 1st.

Same here. I'm getting myself an external HDD this weekend for this shit.

OH SHIT

Give em hell

I'm the guy who leaked it.

Don't do it yet, this is kernel, no IOSU.

Kernel means piracy though, right?

Yup, but only on SDs.

quints btw

So I might as well update? Or is it still better to have 5.5.0?

very nice

Alright I'll just grab a big SD card then.

The only games I don't actually own already are Captain Toad, Mario Maker, Yoshi, and Xenoblade.

Those should fit on a 64GB card.

Anyone have the Xenoblade X NTSC-J ISO so I can play it instead of the shitty censored version?

twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/727343486333120512

When did 5.50 come out? I'd rather not plug in my Wii U to check.

Anons on 4ch/hbg/ are having a bad time trying to run it. Damn, how idiots they are.
And one is sperging out on the GBAtemp thread. gbatemp.net/threads/hey-listen.424936/page-16#post-6308295

checked

If you want to wait a bit more, now that kekrnel is public, we'll have IOSU soon, so you'll can use HDDs.

Alright should I update my system to 5.5.1 and wait then?

What fortuitous timing for Nintendo; right when they need to help retailers clear their inventory of WiiU consoles an exploit is made public.

Corporations consider enabling software piracy an economically viable and legal business practice. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had a hand in this.

If it weren't for their 3ds at this point they'd have trouble getting shelf space from major retailers.

Ay I'm watching a Twitch streamer play with smash 4 mods online and hes got a custom mewtwo skin and Dark Bowser Skin

Is it happening?

It was a while ago. I think 5.5.1 came out January or something.

Uh user, you realize this exploit might actually drive sales, right?

If you are in 5.5.0 yes. You can start tinkering with a small SD while you wait. Some games can fit in a 8GB SD. (the one that comes with the 3DS)

This is exciting.

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1436/~/system-menu-update-history

I think I need to update. May be at 5.5.0. I know my Wii U hasn't been plugged in this year, but I'm pretty sure it was after august

Impressive

Okay, so where is the exploit itself?

gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-951#post-6308154

twitter.com/NWPlayer1234/status/727347684596576256

As expected of Solo-Wing Pixy!

Who cares? The games are phone tier.

ebin

What? And how much of a tranny is this Nikki character.

Nah, he's not tranny, just a guy who's OC-sona is a squid. You are looking for AuroraWright.

Except you won't have to pay for them anymore.

About fucking time. These dirty kikes have been hording the exploit for months.

AuroraWright might be a tranny but xe make a damn good CFW so they're cool in my book.

Fafekek, m80.

In my experience, "women" with drawn avatars on Twitter are trannies.

That's a dirty octoling

I'm counting on you 8ch to make a guide for retards.

Wait, what? It's something that's been out since Feburary? I'm very confused right now.

didn't it link to the post that he told how to do thing
fug
see

I haven't given Nintendo money since N64

And who's this?
I guess we could use an infographicfag.

twitter.com/NWPlayer1234/status/727358690366345216

Well, true. But octolings are cute.

Right.

They usually are, but I think this one it's not. But if he is, it even matters? I only want haxs.

HOW2 5.5 for people with at least half a brain:

– FILE STUFF –
Download the leaked exploit stuff. mega.nz/#!FURGnTiZ!c_bR_rhiPtJVWxLCzaIiFlDn1OwaZa6PL6Wkr68o_EA
Unpack it somewhere on your PC

Download github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases
Copy the "wiiu" folder to your Wii U's SD card. It should look like \wiiu\apps\homebrew_launcher\homebrew_launcher.elf
From the www folder, copy code550.bin to your exploit's "payloads" folder on your PC. You don't need any of the other shit.
In your exploit's payload folder, rename the existing "launcher.bin" to "launcherold.bin" and rename "code550.bin" to "launcher.bin".

Download github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases
Copy loadiine_gx2.elf to \wiiu\apps\loadiine_gx2 (make the folder).
Stick icon.png and meta.xml from github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/tree/master/meta in there too, no idea if they're actually needed

Stick the SD card back in the Wii U

– RUN STUFF: PC –
Download fucking Java
Run HaxServer.jar (java -jar HaxServer.jar)
Figure out your local network IP with ipconfig or something, it should be 192.168.something.else or 10.a.b.c.

– RUN STUFF: WII U –
Open the internet browser on your Wii U
You NEED to add the "" or it'll search instead
Go to [ip of pc]/hax?kexploit31 and you should get a nice little Illuminati. It should send you back to the system menu, re-open the internet browser.
Go to [ip of pc]/hax?launcher and you should load into the homebrew launcher.
PROTIP: You can press Y to open the bookmarks menu and edit/add stuff, typing out the IP is obnoxious as fuck on the virtual keyboard.

The current HaxServer doesn't support EU browsers properly, you can hex edit it. a.pomf.cat/dqabjd.zip is an ugly bytecode hack only compatible with EU Wii Us, this'll no doubt be fixed properly soonish. Might work without (didn't for me but I was still figuring shit out)

Allow me to rephrase: I want more people to run it in front of me, before I trust some random jar from the internet.

it is, but this one isn't too unbearable

she's ok

I can't wait for Smash 4 modding to be even more open and versatile than Brawl modding just for the ability to add new true projectiles to a character's moveset.

This only works for SD cards currently right? Think I'll wait till I can use HDD's

Are you copypasting this from somewhere user?

Please don't remove, they can be friends.

Yeah, they are mostly chill. The drama guys are actually the GBAtemp users.

From the 4ch/vg/'s /hbg/.

Two questions

Has anyone ever bothered making a Xenoblade X fan translation? I can't read moon, but I'll settle for the censored version as long as I'm paying zero dollars for it. That's been my policy since Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town.

What games are there that I don't have and also want? I don't like Danky Kang, Mario Kart, or Starfox, and I'm bad at video games so Bayonette intimidates me even though I loved Wonderful 101. All I can think of is Xenoblade X, Captain Toad, and Super Mario Advance 4 Game of the Year Edition. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town was censored?

fast racing, maybe yoshi, splatoon, but I dunno how online would work with a hacked wii u, hyrule warriors
why did you buy a wii u when you don't play half the games on it

twitter.com/NWPlayer1234/status/727361768482172928

Less censored and more "Natsume is incompetent"
fogu.com/hm4/farm/oopsy.htm

Why do you think they got replaced with XSeed?

Oh and also mario 3d world

Racing isn't my thing, I do need a comfy game since I'm stuck at True Arena and Drum Dash in both Kirby 3DS games, already got Splatoon, and why would I want a Warriors game with a series I only like the 2D installments of?
I really wanted Pikmin 3, but between Splatoon, Wonderful 101, and a few other games I don't entirely regret my purchase

Already got that, which is why Captain Toad even interests me. Maybe I should try Tropickle Cheese, I have heard nothing but good about it. Not sure why but most SNES games I owned as a kid didn't do it for me, DKC included. It might have not helped that I think the save battery died or I was bad at video games or something.

fair enough, I also recommend mario maker especially free just because it's fun if online works
also I dislike DKC as well
also shit kirby robot edition is out?

Oh shit. Can't get to my WiiU until tomorrow morning.

Nintendo is usually pretty slow, so I doubt they'll patch this out overnight.

Can you pirate Sm4sh and it's DLC?

Ryan posted this.

On 3DS sure, on WiiU not yet.

Already got Mario Maker as well because I was full of ideas, ran out of steam because I couldn't find good maps of NSMBU levels. I'll probably tune up my levels now that I'm not paranoid about getting online so much.

And Kirby Robobot's rom leaked right before the Japan release, and all the other languages were already translated in the ROM (by NOA/NOE/whoever, if you care). It's pretty great, the robot is more like the animal friends than press button to solve puzzle of the last two games, and the bosses actually move around more but not in an awful way like Pyribbit.

no but theres ban undub that removes all non dialogue related censorship

wew, I already wanted it anyway. I still kinda want a physical but if all languages are on it fuck it
what the fuck is there to even translate on a kirby game anyway
out of games to recommend at this point too :^)

I want to punch everything in that image.

Good enough, I'll read up on the specifics of the actual plot details they fucked up later. Mostly I want to be in a giant robot, but I know enough about all the Xeno- games but -saga that I can probably get something out of the plot.

If you have 3DS piracy why not, man? And they can't fuck much up, although the game is filled with a lot of Kirby lore. Read each boss's description, especially the "Extra Mode" versions. And the final boss is pretty nuts.

And that's fine. If you like 2D Mario I recommend pirating Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3's Virtual Console version. It's better than the GBA port because it has all the eReader levels which would be impossible otherwise, although it lacks the switches and ability to use the cape feather in the regular game. You're in it for the new levels though, they're pretty great.

FUCKING FINALLY

I mean, I like giving out a GBA version save with most of them, but it's nice to have an official version. Want me to post a link to the eshop version when I find it, since I'm looking anyway?

sure, but I'm waiting on hacking my wiiu until they get HDD's working
also I'm sleeping

MrRean published a better guide: rhcafe.us.to/?page=t&id=108

I'm waiting until Wednesday to get time to get games, have a retard proof guide, and because I'll have time.

Also it turns out you can just patch the GBA rom or something.
romhacking.net/hacks/2714/

Well this is awkward

who fucking cares

where's my Wii U emulation?

AWWWWWWWWWWW
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My friend told me about this a half hour after it leaked and I got really excited and immediately set out to start downloading Wii U games and prepare my HDD.. Then I saw there really isn't shit I want for the system. Guess I'll finally check out Splatoon.

5.5.1 and 5.5 are literally the same. You could've been playing all this time.

SD card only

Yeah same shit.

Not with these nogaems I couldn't.

OOGA BOOGA WHERE DO I GET THE WEE OOOO GAMES

WHERE DO I GET FAST RACING NEO, HOLY SHIT

Hopefully by the time i wake up tomorrow there will be a nice clear cut guide and not so much chaos.

I can't wait to play Xenoblade X uncensored, I've been waiting for so long and I'm terribly excited.

Might get a WiiU soon

Was just wondering;
Say on the chance Nintendo releases an update for WiiU that disables Homebrew again, and I happen to get a WiiU with said version, can I still pirate original Wii games with Wii mode homebrew?

And here I was complaining that Starfox Zero forced me onto 5.5.1.

The real question is why the fuck wasn't this shit released ages ago? Whatever happened to Hykem's exploit? I'm starting to think these faggots have deals with Nintendo or something.

Someone else leaked some shit that hykem was working on so he, like the glorious attention whoring faggot that most "scene" members are, got so rectally ravaged that he deleted all files/work he had done and decided not to do this cuz he wasn't the center of attention anymore.

I think it was hykem. I don't pay attention to names. Fuck them.

Yes. Wii virtual mode is entirely separate from the Wii U firmware.

I remember hearing something about him chucking a shitfit but that's about it. I haven't paid attention to this shit since like December.

Also I'm going to wait until we have solid guides and shit ready for this like with the 3DS exploits.

There was a big story going around that, after he realized what a fucking moron he was, they decided to say that he was SWAT'ed and arrested for illegally sharing proprietary software or some other dumb shit. I forget what the excuse was but they were trying to shift blame on TPP and the like. It was hilarious.

Is it true that the Wii U won't recognize a HD larger than 2tb's? I know this current exploit doesn't use external drives yet but I'm going to buy a new one and was going to get a pretty cheap 4tb WD drive. Looks like it'll be useless for wii u.

So its hacked, but needs internet teather and is not hard hacked like the 3ds emunand. Kinda expected more to be honest. Hopefully more people having access can get something like emnand working eventually. But for now, I can wait.

so, where's the smash u dlc?

No harddrive compatability yet.

I know. I said that. Please re-read.

Now I'll just buy a used Wii U and I'll never even have to give Nintendo money.

What was the firmware a year ago? That's what I'm on since I shelved my WiiU after burning out on Splatoon

Great news. I'll wait a bit for the process to be hammered out/improved. My Wii U isn't getting updates anyway.

Yeah, anything over 2TB won't work. You may or may not be able to make a 2tb partition on a larger drive, but don't take my word for it. You'd be better off buying one that'll work for sure.

So how long until it gets interesting? like Region free, mods, custom software and the like.

Hykem in general is a faggot.

there was another group that was working on a completely different exploit but they openly stated they had no intention of releasing it.

Smea released his iosu shit I thought.

Useless internet browser version? OoT3D's just one of the possible entrypoints so I don't see why that'd be a barrier to entry unless your browser's useless and bawls at you to update.

Though since you can apparently downgrade even on current firmware (I haven't kept up with version compatibility for some time but that's what all the 3DS homebrew threads say) that shouldn't be a problem either.

Wii U emulation's not for a long while friend. Closest I'm aware of is some faggot got Dolphin to recognize Wii U isos but that doesn't mean it can read or play them.

WiiU emulation is much much farther than that, still not really all that usable for now.

Yeah what said. I'm likely to buy a whole new wii u now as my gamepad shat out a while ago and I can now justify owning 2 wii u's. This is pretty sweet actually. I'm hype af

emulation isn't worth it anyway. Running the games as they were intended is much better.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON AT NINTENDO? HOLY SHIT, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE THEY ALLOWED NEW PIRACY EXPLOITS TO BE ADDED INTO FIRMWARE UPDATES? THIS IS BOTH HILARIOUS AND PATHETIC.

who cares, we get homebrew, we get a better experience. The Wii U was a tank job, failed from the gates and apart from a year and a half of hit titles, had fuck all. The final library is even smaller than the garbage library of the gamecube. All the Wii U is good for now is having an all-in-one 6th, 7th and 8th gen nintendo machine.

It's called
the web browser.

I am not defending nintendo, I am just mentioning how much more of of a joke they are to the industry after every single one of these failures. I think its funny, I dont even own a wiiu/a3ds or any of that shit.

Fair enough, they are still a joke though.

You act like software exploits aren't something that occurs in every fucking piece of software. No software is impenetrable, dumbass.

what the fuck?

alright, so with shit like loadline, do i just need to find some wii u isos and put them on the sd card? this shit seems really fucking easy

here you go faggot

darkumbra.net/forums/topic/53785-larsenvs-mega-wii-u-index/

Make an account and whole NGC/Wii/Wii U library is at your fingertips

So, if I am right, while it doesn't mean golden age emunand/perfect N64 injects yet and seems to be pissy for EU, you can still pirate wii u games, right?
Can you play RF games too?
Is the wii u with a hacked vWii for retro gaming as comfy it seems at first sight, does the gamepad act as a screen on vWii mode?

nice

That's just the entry point though

Don't delude yourself user, N64 emulation is shit even with the official emulator since it's full of per game hacks and mostly HLE.

W E W I T ' S G O T I M E B O Y S

FUCKING…

FINALLY

So what does this exploit actually give me? What's going on? I'm reading all these different sites but it just looks like a soft-tether for homebrew shit what the fuck is going on

help

Finally, a reason to buy a wii u!

why even have this rule?

may consider just posting mega links of my own
but i dont want some white knight faggot taking it down

Shit, really? It was the same with the 3DM website. It was actually worse, in the early days of DoA 5 PC nude mods they had some of the best shit. But to even see the preview shots you had to reply to the thread. So you had thosuands of posts basically saying thanks for shit they didn't see and might not even want on top of a system that had some kind of currency to be elligible for the downloads. I will never do shit like that again, Jesus.

fuck is darkumbra down for anyone else?

So I'm gonna be a colossal fucking faggot because I have never ever paid any attention to WiiU CFW at any point;

any chance of a step-by-step guide for retards to set everything up for sailing the seven seas just like we had for the 3DS threads? My WiiU is on 5.5.0 and I have no idea where to start.

how

Yes.

In my third world hellhole country, piracy was a major incentive to buy Playstations.

Give it a few days for things to settle down and some intrepid user/forumgoer to document the whole process step-by-step. Don't update your Wii U in the meantime; search up the tubehax DNS and apply that setting to your Wii U network settings to prevent updating. Not that Nintendo is terribly fast about these matters, but better safe than sorry.

Any idea if the online will work with pirated vidya like with the 3DS? I pretty much only use my Wii U for online smash with a friend and I'd rather not lose that even if I'd get free vidya out of it. I also wanna play Pokken with him but I don't have the dosh to buy it

So do I have it or not? Did I get it from starfox?

Not homebrew related, but whenever I start my Wii U up, it'll start up and show the Wii U logo on the main screen but never boot to any menus. Anyone know what causes this or how to fix it?

How long has it been since you started it up?
Does the gamepad show anything?

if you want to go straight to the dash, disable the quick-start menu on the gamepad. it's waiting for you to choose a program or go to the home screen.

Currently no. That will require IOSU access.

Mind you, the current exploit doesn't modify your WiiU in any way. So until Nintendo updates the firmware, you can yarr harr it all you want for single player games, and still play online with games you actually own.

slightly related

Buy a bigger sd card, they aremlike 10 dolallars for 32gigs.

i paid 30 for 2 15 gigs

so how the fuck do i set up homebrew
all the tutorials skip the parts that are actually important

Get more storage.

R.I.P.

Wallet Never forget…

doesn't matter. works on 5.5.1 U.

Mods when or is this going to be like 3DS where it was exclusively niggers that don't want to pay for shit and a tiny handful of people using the region free hack

So have the load times been fixed yet?

Last time I looked into Wii U piracy, loading a level in 3D world took several minutes.

You talk as if mods were a trivial thing to make on a closed environment.
Tell me user, how many mods have you made yet?

Four. Two for DooM, and one for Pang adventures, and one for half life

And how many for the wii u?

None, considering I don't have access to homebrew at the current moment.

Even the cat?

Ha ha ha Dreamcast 2 is happening.

If you mean being able to burn a CD/DVD and play it on the console that was already a thing on the wii after a few minutes of softmodding

Shit crashes every time. Closest I've got was a black screen with "race attack error". Also if I replace the payload with the 550.bin, my .jar gets errors.

Nope Nintendo are incompetent faggots. Piracy on the Vita and PS4 is much harder now after Sony got fucked with the PSP.

Seems like Nintendo hasn't learned their lesson like Sony (sony probably had some of their engineers commit seppuku).

Are we still expecting the NX to get a decent account and online system?

Sony and MS are big players in the hardware and softare market, it's within their reach to git gud at security. Nintendo on the other hand is composed of a bunch of inbred asians who got isolated inside an island and never intended to become a vidya company, what may seem simple to the competition is too much for something like nintendo.

No I don't mean just the method.

I want the wiiU to become a console were piracy is rampant and easier than actually buying legally.

Like PC in the good old days of the cd burner.

Reminds me of my autism days where i was a low-life making cracks for obscure vidya in the 90s

Aye MS are big companies with thousands of engineers and software developers.

If this were Sony or MS it would be patched in hours and lawyers would be on the hunt.

I made some cash selling cdroms with GTA and Fifa. Simpler times, there was almost no DRM.

I was cracking and selling shit in school, with the stupidity of some kids i actually sold some games by the price of the originals

Shit if I know, I think its ass too. I just shitpost, not too blatantly of course I got my ass b& a couple times. I'm mostly saving the megalinks on a notepad, but hey, posting a few times for a full library plus some rarer finds like the full Sega Saturn set is not that bad. Certainly beats other websites hosting Wii/WiiU games.

how the fuck do i get loadiine to load games? wuds a shit, i tried super mario 3d land and MK8 the way they're supposed to with the loose folders and shit but loadiinegx2 just isnt loading properly.
3D land shows in the UI but wont launch and MK8 is nonexistant.

It started the day after I started it up and played it for a few hours after a long period of inactivity. I don't think the gamepad shows anything.

I haven't turned it on for about two months since I first had the issue.

retard proof guide when

How about just stop being retarded?

i tried the one in this thread and ended up finding this sperg's videos when i tried finding others

youtube.com/watch?v=BkTVinPDUeM
youtube.com/watch?v=odxV3VsH7U0

format the sd to fat32 and just follow what he does

You're retarded.

IS it worth getting a Wii U now that you can pirate?

Are the games even worth the cost of the console?

Asking because i heard an emu was in the works and i can wait a couple years

If i didn't already own a Wii U I'd be going out and buying one.
Realistically it'll be many years before the emulator will work anywhere close to playable for the majority of games.
If cash is a problem i can see how one wouldn't want to, but if you have the cash its a no-brainer.

get more storage lol

Absolute retard's guide:
Download the following
github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/v0.2
github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases

Make your sd card look like so
sd:/wiiu/app/loadiine_gx2/(elf/icon/meta contents)
sd:/wiiu/app/homebrew_launcher/(elf/icon/meta contents)

(optional)
now download the latest release of loadiine gx2 for some extra features and overwrite the one appropriate .elf file
>github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases
Pros: gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/ scroll down to changelog for a tl;dr, the biggest thing is the addition of the game update folder
Cons: some games might have long load times like SM3DW

Find a video game, download it, extract its contents in
sd:/wiiu/game/name of game [titleid]/
Apparently there's some DS roms already set up to be compatible with loadiine this way, so grab one of those if you want to see results right away. Wii U games are huge.

Stick the SD where it's supposed to in the Wii U, go to your browser (clear save data maybe?) and go to loadiine.ovh/ select continue, when it boots you out, enter the browser again. You should be in the homebrew channel. If something froze at this point, just hold the power button on your console and try again.

Select Loadiine, pick your game, enjoy you dumb faggot.

reddit you're trying to fit in and doing a horrible job. try harder.

Wait do I need to run stuff on PC and then connect hacked Wii U to it?

damn, so this is V2…

My fucking god, somebody finally leaked from their little faggot clique over on temp? About damn time.

anyone got a decent place to find wiiU roms? darkumbra is fucking terrible.

Fuck, forgot they're not roms anymore. Whatever they are, need a place to find em.

Is the slow loading issue on SD cards still a thing or was this fixed?

Thanks flying dubsman. Will doing the tubehax DNS shit prevent me from getting slapped with an update?

These things say online play isn't a thing on pirated games. What the fug? None of the games in this library interest me, jesus christ this is depressing

L-lego?

I think I might try to wait a while until everything is well tested before I end up fucking up. Good to know it's underway though. I'm sure there's a ton of crap on the Wii U I missed because it wasn't worth the money but might be neat to try.

Not to mention fuck paying for any of the SSB4 dlc.

i know online doesnt work but can you play with via local wireless? I want to play mh tri ultimate with my brother and already pirated the 3ds version.

Say, would it be easy to upgrade from this version to an IOSU version when it comes out? That is, transfer all my games and saves from this to that?

Oh, and another thing, any retard guides for making things region free? I read it checks a folder or some shit, but I'm not clear on the details.

So this is what V2 was for.
PIXY STOP I'M SCARED

Thank you. Loadiine.ovh actually works

Okay, so you're retarded.

Please take note that it must be "games" and not "game."

Do I need to run the exploit every time before I run the launcher?

It also didn't install Loadliine to Miimaker like it said it would.

I'm trying to find out the answer for this too.

Doesn't matter for me. Can't get the shit to work. I got the illuminati exploit to run just fine but I can't load loadiine or HBL. I just get a black screen and "SD Failed to Mount". I have SD://wiiu/apps/loadiine and it just isn't acknowledging this shit. Don't know what's the problem. Is it not compatible with a 64gb sd card?

Yes you do. The exploit is only temporary, and you'll need to redo the steps everytime you turn off your wiiu.

Is your SDcard formatted to Fat32? With a card that large, I'd assume you probably used it for other things.

Besides that, it could just be bad luck. The exploit just isn't stable.

Cool, I might just leave it on for most of the time anyway.

Is there any way to increase the reliability of the hax? Specifically, I can usually run the hax alright, but freezes on the launcher are fairly common.

Should I delete cookies in between each?

Yes it's fat32. Every single time it just says sd failed to mount. I'm assuming that means it can't find the fucking files on the sd card. idk what to do.

is the structure just like this?

I used a 16gb sd card and it worked, first try.

The 64gb is actually a micro sd with an sd adapter. Is that the reason it sucks shit? Anyone know?

if it's microsd that's probably the problem.

This makes me sad.

Yes it looks like that.

Tried using a different adapter. Same problem. Micro SD cards don't work. Retarded shit.

Did you format it with SDFormatter instead of an OS utility? There is a difference.

don't remember how it was formatted atm. i use this same SD card for both my phone and Wii and never had any issues. I guess I can format it again to test while waiting on a game to download.

I duno about Wii, but I know for 3DS it didn't matter how many times I formatted my SD to FAT32 using Windows utility, I had to use the SDFormatter, then it worked.

You might have a completely separate issue, it's impossible for me to know, it's just another thing to try.

Checking now, pretty sure it was formatted with MiniTool Partition Wizard (Free) since I used that program for my 3DS as well.

Reformatted and testing again. It works this time, first try. Thanks for pointing that out. I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.

np but in exchange try to lurk these threads because I'll want to do this someday when I have enough money for a WiiU :^)

obviously you don't have to, but I'm a retard and tried to pay it forward once I got the 3DShax figured out, but it's you're call

I lurk the 3ds thread regularly to provide help when bored. I'll do the same here. I try to give back when I get help.

Now I need to figure out how these game meta folders work for loadiine. I don't really understand that shit.

I'm using a micro sd card right now. It works just fine.

loadiine instructions: gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/

Got my first game working. This is pretty nice when it finally works.

Is there any way of downloading Wii U iso's, I can't find any torrents.

Cool, well good luck man

wiiuiso.com. Go there and find whatever you need.

Is there an Holla Forums account like 3dsiso?

Make an account with a 10 minute mail.

Yeah.

pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U

It uses the same registration system so you can actually use the same account.

so what is everyone getting their hands on?

All of the NDS injects i've gotten don't seem to show up in Loadliine. The folder structure looks like:
MegaMan Zero Collection NDS [A5TE68]/code
MegaMan Zero Collection NDS [A5TE68]/content
MegaMan Zero Collection NDS [A5TE68]/meta

Is there anything I should be doing in particular?

That's my list so far. No point in getting splatoon if online isn't available.

About Starfox, you'll need to use the latest nightly of loadiine gx2. see

I only want xenoblade.

Too bad my internet is so god awful and I haven't even tried to hack the WiiU yet.

Until I can get a card larger than 8gigs, I'm gonna stick with NDS injects for now. I'm playing attack of the sayains currently, i'll probably get the Dragon Quest games next.

What about dlc and game updates?

Thanks bro.

I tried the Holla Forums account on wiiuiso and it didn't seem to work

just make one with 10 minute mail or cockmail, it takes all of 5 minutes.

I might do that, but I'm just letting him know that either 3dsiso and wiiuiso are entirely different, or someone fucked their shit up

They're different. I've been a long time user of those sites. You have to register separately to every single ISO site even though they all have the same owner and same setup. It's retarded that they have never bothered to make a unified account system. It's been suggested dozens of times but the owner is a jew that just wants to collect on ad revenue and host uploader account sales. They make serious cash off these sites too.

Makes sense. a majority of the fanbase are penny pinchers who will drop shit at the drop of the hat and gnore all quality based on minimal shit.

The owners don't play video games.

Decrypt updates (you'll need the Wii U common key ckey.bin) and put them inside the sd:/wiiu/games/game[titleid]/updates/latest/ then in the newer loadiine versions direct the update option to the folder with the update you want, in this case latest/

I use New NUSGrabber to download updates. To decrypt them, you need ckey.bin (wii u common key) pastebin.com/jeBeudbY copy paste that into hxd or something, save as ckey.bin

I dunno about DLC, probably not a thing yet.

and thats totally conjecture.

No. I've spoken to them often, in the past. They don't play games.

You're seriously pulling a "my dad works for nintendo"

Feel free to post proof, until then. Conjecture.

No image overlay of the button layout. Just 2 choices. The fuck?

Ok.

The game expects you to know both series.

Warriors has the traditional Warriors button style and Zelda has the traditional Zelda button stle. You can go into the menu and see the controls at any time and you can change it back and forth in the options.

WEW
E
W

Wew lad you mad man

I'm impressed.

I didn't hack it yet. It literally bricked itself during the 4-5 months I had it unplugged waiting for the hack on 5.5.0+.

Still pretty ironic though; since it was a launch system it was out of warranty, but I managed to talk my way to a free repair. The supervisor I talked to even offered to give me a "free 3DS game" on the eShop which I turned down for obvious reasons.

Either way - still pretty funny.

I'm getting a new SD card pretty soon. What's the max size the Wii U can read? Is it 128GB like the 3DS?

Please for the love of god tell me there is or will be an alternative to wiiusio. I remember 3dsiso being an absolute cunt of a site, having to sift through hundreds of threads of faggots with their shitty download site links with bullshit ads (and half of the time the links are dead by the time you find what what you're looking for anyway, and that's assuming it's even for the right fucking region).

Seriously it's so much more of a pain than it should be.

wiiuiso*

Just use ublock origin and all the bullshit ads go away m8

Nah that isn't enough. A lot of the sites force you to sit around waiting, have abysmal download speed limitations or (my personal favourite) won't even allow you to download without a paid account.

I lost track of the number of times I came across threads with links which only worked with premium accounts and other kinds of bullshit.

How to play backed up games on 3DS for retards when pls?

can someone help me? I donwloaded xenoblade chronicles and there is no iso. There is a txt file with the titleID, a zipfile with the name of the game with two folders code and content inside and a "update32" wich also contains code and content folders and a meta folder. What do I do with them.

datamining and IP loging, obviously. Mask your IP/identity before registering/commenting.

Trying to go through the shitshow threads on gbacuck to find a cheat/code/whatever that allows me to change my splatoon daughterfu character's gear and shit, there's apparently one someone mentioned but ive spent like 10 minutes going back to page after page looking for said codes to no avail. Anyone have an idea as to what the fuck im looking for here?
also apparently in the same thread the OP did post the code, but the link to the required shit is down and no one seems to give a shit so

Blackcats Games has plenty of torrents.

my autism is going to keep me from playing any games at this rate

how does this look, good enough?

Fucking hell, GIVE THIS TO ME.

Alright so on Tuesday when this was first revealed, someone told me that you can use an SD card for Loadiine shit AND actual eShop games.
But I tried hooking up my SD card via a USB adapter and it doesn't work. I got a fucking 128gb shit too, expecting to be able to use it for both.

Basically, am I fucked or am I just retarded? Because if I can only use this for Loadiine, then I'm gonna have to buy a HDD for eShop games.

You were told wrong, user. You can only use onboard space or an HDD for eShop games, SD cards are only used by the WiiU for pictures and the like. Look on the bright side though, now you have a huge SD card for Loadiine shit.

I have to test to see if it works at all first.

Fuck, I only really wanted to download VC stuff.
Oh well, whatever. Guess I'll just pirate some more shit now.

It loaded and saved fine. I won't know if it's 100% good until I get into a battle but that should go fine too.

Zipping up the files now. volafile.io/r/acH6c7

I'm too stupid to follow these instructions.
It's a wonder i am even able and allowed to post here.

What do your folders look like

They both have Loadiine_gx2 in them I assume I'm suppose to take the contents from the homebrew launcher loadiine folder and put it into the sd:/wiiu/app/homebrew_launcher/(elf/icon/meta contents) Folder

My gosh, this is so fucking easy. I'm pretty excited for the larger than 2gb sd card in the mail.

Loadiine has loadiine, homebrew has homebrew. What are you talking about?

this is fucking eons easier than the shit we used to do with wii. letterbomb OG represent

I downloaded basically all the files on the github.

None of them came with "homebrew Launcher.elf"

Have you rechecked your work, user? The homebrew_launcher.v1.2_RC3.zip download on the homebrew link at the top of the guide.

Please nigga. I was on the Wii scene when all we had to run an exploit was Twilight Princess.

This is what I'm looking at.

I thought I downloaded the wrong one so I went back, downloaded all the files.

None of them had anything REMOTELY that looked like what was being described.

Why are all the "Retard's guides" written by people who still don't make it retard proof?

i don't envy you

I just went and redownloaded it to see if you were right, and you're not. I don't know what you're doing wrong, m8

neither do I

I think you should just kill yourself. You're below retards, user.

So i mentioned a few days ago that i have two 15 gig SD's. they were both bought in the same pack so they're no different. I tried putting smash on the other and copied over my exact homebrew layout, so it should work perfectly.

Well it fuckin doesn't.

I run the kexploit and the illuminati confirms, i try running the HBL and for some reason it keeps telling me it cant find the homebrew_launcher.elf file, even though its in the right directory.

the fuck is going on? can this fucker not switch between two sd's?
also immamaretard for not keeping track of multiple threads at once, posted this in the 3ds homebrew thread on accident.

I have no fucking idea either. I downloaded it several times and it's still giving me the same fucking thing.

Would this not work with an external HDD setup for the Wii U?

Here, this should be what you're looking for. If it doesn't have that folder in it, then I'd recommend calling an exorcist.

mega.nz/#!GJ5nzaDJ!-kkYHM4puQeoFsbas18P_QV_cKB4eoJdbU7CdjlC558

oh no
theres not supposed to be a space between wiiu
oooohhh
thats why its not working
ooohhh

This currently only works with SD cards, there's no HDD support yet. IOSU code was released yesterday though, should it shouldn't be too long before we can use them.

Now all I need is to order myself a Taiko drum controller!

Can those games be played without the drums?

Yeah. There a couple of other button/touch screen control schemes.

I assume there is no way to compress a game for Loadiine.

Any SD Card suggestions?

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy

I have Wii U 3.3.2 or whatever. Can I pirate without using SD cards and shit?

SD cards only. You might have to buy Splatoon to update to 5.3.0 to have better compatibility.

or just update now to 5.5.1, that's a free option

or just stay where you are and wait for an IOSU exploit

Sorry, my mistake, I wanted to type 5.3.2. But if you can host hacks and shit on local web server why can't you drop games somehow into wii u through that as well??

exploits because WEB BROWSERS
literally the only reason why

Does anyone know if the Wii U has a limit on how fast it can read SD Cards?

Anons, I installed the Homebrew Channel on the vWii and it doesn't seem to load the 320GB HDD I was previously using on my original Wii. What should I do? I also tried an 8GB pendrive with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and it worked just fine.

It might be a bit obvious but make sure you are plugging it into the right usb port, and that the drive still works on your pc.

Tried every single port and nothing, yet my normal Wii detects it just fine. It's definitely something about the HDD, since it can detect pendrives with no issues.

Dunno if it has anything to do with it, but the hard drive is in WBFS format (I started using it in 2009).

Don't use WBFS, don't use Wiiflow or whatever it's called nowadays, it destroys partitions. Use Cfg USB Loader GX (i think that's what it's called). It aint superblingbling but it doesn't fuck up drives

Also, the WiiUs USB ports are shit tier, and you need a Y cable to power it properly (thus using 2 ports), or an external power supply.

You're both on crack if you think either of those were any type of hard. The Wii was the easiest shit to hack in the history of console hacking.

How should I format my SD card for fastest loading in Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Is the default Fat32 cluster size fine?

SD cards are just unfortunately really slow in USB 2.0 interfaces. External HDDs are the only way you'll get meaningful increases in speed.

I know, I just heard changing the cluster size to 64kb had improved loading times for certain games like Bayonetta 2.

I guess I'll go with 64kb for Xenoblade x.

Even a USB 3.0 thumb drive would probably be a little bit better, if you happen to have one, but yeah…

I hope I can get a WiiU soon so I can start to pirate

At the moment with 5.5.1 exploits you can only load games from an SD Card put into the SD Card slot. Otherwise I'd use something else.

Is it normal that some games boot up after 15 minutes or so? And do we still care about regions in loadiine?

Loadiine seems to be region free.

As for long boot up times, I know I had to do some shit with Starfox to prevent that.

I had to delete all the language folders in content/sound/stream/ as well as replace a data001.cpk file with a modified one containing english audio. The file and instructions were in the forum post for the download.

Apparently without doing this, Starfox takes a ridiculous amount of time to to boot, but it only takes a few seconds for me since I applied the fix.

Make sure you have a class 10 memory card and formatted it to 64k chunks (or whatever the max chunks size is)

Exactly this. I'm trying to boot up starfox. Supposedly the shit I have is for EUR, but I only get a black screen. Any ideas?

Fuck me, didn't read the whole post. Any URL for that fix?

HDD allowed?
Online and eShop still working?
Is it all regions?

mega.nz/#F!W5QlAYhR!2qCJ0zS1IZvSS0bZtruMUQ

Don't forget to delete the language folders in the content/sound/stream/ directory

i mean in terms of steps taken to actually hack the console and get shit done. this is literally click a jar go to IP done badda bing

Have there been new payloads for self hosting releaed since "AtLongLast"?

If you guys have the money to spare, then get an account on Zevera.com for bullshit pay sites.

It works wonders for me on downloading vidya.
Many websites too.

No.

No.

Yes.

HDD WHEN!?

Thread archive: archive.is/CeGW2