AC IV: Black Flag

>Be playing Assassin's Creed IV again
>That fun sea combat
>Those jungle islands seriously, those are some damn fine looking tropical islands
>That satisfying and emotional as fuck ending where you see all your dead buddies cheering you on

Ubisoft got so much right with this game, and then ended up fucking EVERYTHING up with Unity

Where did it all go so wrong?

Rogue was better

The writing was shit, the characters unoriginal and disgustingly laced with historical revisionist aims for the sake of leftist authoritarian and pro-pedo agendas.

It pained me that I could not kill all of them myself and then somehow drown in the nice ocean environment they did well on.

The writers so be sacked, the environment and audio artists should be given raises lest they be swayed by better companies that won't treat them like shit.

Fuck you OP AssCreed died after Brotherhood.

It wasn´t an AssCreed util the suits meddled with it.

kill yourself

It was more of a pirate game then an Assassin Creed game. This game was a good mistake on ubisoft.

I heard some shit about it being a full-on pirate game at the earlier stages of development and that it got repurposed into an AC game just to keep their yearly AC quota.

Would explain why it doesn't reek TOO much.

This, tbh

I remember seeing that too.

It's a shame really, I've always wanted a pirate game with sailing controls similar to Screed BlaFla. Except maybe in first person.

What I really wanted was a pirate game with extremely in-depth crew management and ship customization. I'm thinking with several pre-built ships and crews, but designed such that in order to acquire anything better than just "okay" you'd have to learn how to best set these things up yourself.

I think there was a game like that, it was a multiplayer pirate game where 2 ships tried to sink eachother and the crew did stuff. I dont know if it was good, i cant even remember the name. But it does exist.

Kidd was a qt.

Before you ask, yeah I knew. It was kinda obvious really.

This, though they made sure to work in their bullshit on the DLC. Still, it is a really good pirate game and the bad guys are video gamey.

It's also really emmersive in a good way.

Do you ever get to do anything to her? I spilled a beer on my keyboard so I haven't finished the game yet.

ac4 was the last good asscreed and arguably a proper sendoff.
shit was wind waker: AAA edition, and fuck you I liked it.

Never played the game can someone tell me what it is about?

The sail gameplay was great, aye, but everything else is trash and that trash outnumbers the good by leagues.

Also the sea-shanties are sung by like 4-5 people. Which sucks. Sea-shanties should be a chorus of the whole crew, not whatever seemingly nice voiced interns you have.

No, but it does get hinted at…a lot.

First person wouldn't really work unless you went for an MMO, and even then, you'd be at a constant disadvantage, because no-one's autistic enough to sit in the crow's nest and scout all day erryday.

Had a great idea for a game though; Somalian pirate simulator

I though AC 4 was shit. 98% of missions were following people and it's full of meaningless collectibles, it was shit. I only enjoyed what little parkour it had and the sailing. That said, I can't find a torrent for Rogue.

I don't remember this.

Also, special events/bossfights include but are not limited to

Is an actual fucking historical figure you pleb

And if the character was an accurate representation then I'd be eating my words.

But was she?

Fuck no your retarded plebian. In name only she is Mary Read, and she wasn't a strong independent womyn who don't need no man like she was in the game.

You need to tell me how you got over the stupid-ass, retarded-as-fuck mission designs and the schizofrenic writting to even get emotional over that dumbass ending.

The only moments that got any legitimate empathy and simpathy for kenway was any indication of his ultimate goal to provide the best of the best for his family because there he felt genuine. Unfortunately, most of the time when engaging the famous pirates it's either Edward being an egotistical, bratty piece of shit or the gang just scolding him and bossing him around, never actually listening to him. I felt absolutely fucking nothing when they died.

So as I saw them in that table I was just like "cool, ok, whatever" as they were just people that gave you missions while talking standard pirate lingo.

Sure, the mechanics of the game are just fine. The naval ones at least, fuck everything about melee combat.

The campaign was just fucking trash, it got so bad that I legitimately stopped playing it for two fucking weeks while fucking around at sea because that's the only entertaining thing about that game.

And how was she supposed to be like, you casual tard?

Read up on her if you're so curious. She was a fugly tard who followed Jack Calico.

actual fucking historical pirates were hated by everyone and had a lifespan of 6 months on the outside

We could've had a full pirate game, instead of a promising one
Not good at all

anyone?

The poster you replied to is a misinfo troll. They heighten some aspects of X that do exist and then make up lies snuck in between the nuggets of truth.

In here, what is true is that the writing is quite shit, characters are unoriginal and there might be some historical revisionism.

What the isn't is leftiast authoritarian or pro-pedo agendas in this one.

I don't really know what the goal of this type of Holla Forums poster is since it's easy to see the truth, and there are dozens of better examples of leftist agenda pushed in AAA vidya.

Crashing through ice like a modern-day icebreaker/10

I felt nothing at the ending or Blackbeard.

What? Fuck off.

I mean they hinted at having feelings but nothing is done with it.

You were alright up until the ending, the story is the weakest point of the game

you made the same thread twice, shill

It's the only AC I played and I liked it.

I didn't realise this after getting a new PC and I DL'd the lot from Ass3 up to Syndicate.

I was expecting months of unpicking backlogged goodness, then my night went like this:

Play for 30 mins delete
Play for 10 mins delete
Play for 5 mins delete…
Get past intro, "Fuck this"
Into the trash you go.

They were like playing children's touchscreen game where you literally cannot lose, fucking one button smashing bullshit, no effort to do anything, it was like holding a lie in my hands. They dun goofed hard.

The naval stuff was OK.
It was my first Ass Creed game, so I sorta enjoyed the land parts too.
The environments were bretty beautiful.
The side missions and the storyline sucked dogshit.

Also, what the fuck was with Mary Read being a crossdresser? She only pretended to be a man to hide her identity because she'd be kicked out of pirating otherwise. Once everyone was cool with it, she ditched the disguise. Here, all the pirates are 21st century progressive hipsters who are totally tolerant of deviant shit for some reason, so what's the point?

Also, fuck this trend of making pirates out to be freedom fighting good guys. That ending was the stupidest fucking shit I've ever seen in a video game.

Why are there no games where you get to play a pirate hunter who travels around the world blowing up pirate scum with your broadside cannons?

Underrated post.

Needless to say a wooden ship without iron reinforcement doesn't last long crashing into packed ice.

I only played the story far enough so it opened
up the world to me. Just sailing around and doing nothing was comfy as fuck.

It's the best Assassin's Creed game, because it's not really an Assassin's Creed game.

I don't think we'll ever see another game like that from Ubisoft though.

I think they are referring to the "everything is permitted" aspect to the asscred motto series and sneaking in trans characters and having the gull to permit a women aboard a pirate ship and imply she would be respected and not keelhauled immediately.

the framerate was bad, the controls were clunky, the story was lame

besides all the historical examples of that happening, right?

are there nudes?

Nigger, do you even know what a fucking fetch quest is?

You mean the girl pretending to be a guy? But that was real.

AC was in a downward spiral since AC2, honestly. The dip wasn't noticeable until about AC3, and wasn't irreversible till BF. Everyone calls it the best AC, but it's ultimately what caused the most recent disasters. Especially the success. They decided that since Connor was a failure, they should go back to sexy womanizing European men, which is why we'll never get a proper Japanese, Chineses, or Egyptian AC.
AC3's main problem was the 'press X to win' thing. I personally enjoyed the game despite it being constantly bitched at. But maybe that's because giant quiet muscular teddy bears is my fucking fetish, but it's obvious shit officially went wrong with BF. That's when the story was officially butchered and Ubisoft no longer gave a single shit.

I don't think people realize just how fucking weird pirates were.
They let little kids be pirates if their bitched enough about wanting to join. They didn't care.