Let It Die

I've never dropped a game so hard so fast. Why Suda, why?

JUST

archive.is/qOFFv
nichegamer.com/2016/04/29/let-die-hands-preview-interview-wild-brutal-fun-suda51-trip/

That's a rather self-aware name for a game.

Well he's proven he can't really make good hand crafted content, maybe procedural equations can make good levels where he failed.

Hey guys, might as well let it die, right?

HOLY FUCK

Fuck.

LILY BERGAMO DIED FOR THIS

Imagine my fucking face when.

The man who made No More Heroes and Killer7 is making á free-to-play game.

Are reviewers even aware of videogames where you can use melee weapons? Disgusting
Oy vey

Got the answer for you right here fam

mite be cool

Because Souls series is the only franchise with good non-stylish melee combat since Jedi Academy?
There just isn't anything else to compare other games to.

It should've been called dead on arrival

Well shit.

Might as well give it a go though, it is free after all.

Played this game at PAX, it actually is quite literally dark souls style combat. No blocking, just rolling with no invulnerability frames.

Lily Bergamo was cancelled for this.

It could theoretically be a good thing if game is balanced around that.

You'd think, but in the demo the enemies (and boss) would stop attacking for like 5 seconds after every swing so you'd just get a few hits in. I'd like to hope that's just because it was the first area and everything was easy, but the whole thing felt like (I really hate making this comparison, but it is) a dark souls game made by a cheap Chinese developer.

How the mighty have fallen…

Correction, THIS IS Lily Bergamo.

Rolling with no iframes being the only evasive tactic makes me believe that it will only be useful for avoiding huge slow attacks, and you have to eat fast attacks with your face. I am dubious about this combat design.

has suda ever designed truly good combat?
i never played no more heroes but it looked pretty braindead

The roll speed is fast enough that it allows you to get away from most attacks. There's even a stamina system that drains when you're attacking…but not rolling. There's no reason to not be rolling in fights.

WHY

Well you see, he tried to make games he thinks are good many times. And they became "cult classics" or whatever you call them.
The thing is they did not sell. Not a single one of them.
NMH1 did moderately well, which warranted a sequel and PS3 re-release, and guess what, those didn't sell either.

Dude needs to eat too, so he's kinda forced into situation where he either drops his favourite job (making games) or finally makes something that will fucking sell (p2w console souls-clone).

Can you really blame him? Just let normalfags give him money so he will make some crazy ass shit off it. Something that will you sickos will love and buyfags ignore once again.

Well at least it has an appropriate name.

I can deal with that, honestly. Lily Bergamo just looked like more of the same, and Suda has been getting way too samey as of late.
I actually like the concept of this game quite a bit. It's just the free to play that has me worried.

What's the story there? He decided to scrap it and make Let It Die instead?

Yeah he started to make another weird ass game that nobody would die, but then got his face slapped by his accountant and repurposed code and assets in what is currently being released.

but why

Suda games are always incredible in aesthetics, style, story and most of the times soundtrack too.
The thing is that they're simply not fun to play, suda is great at many things but gameplay is not one of them.
I must've started up NMH, played up until the fifth boss, and dropped it at least 3 times now, it just isn't mechanically interesting to hook me up, even though everything else is.

Because being free to play tends to adversely affect the quality of any game.

i was expecting another indie-shitting thread from the catalog
but alas

why
i have just now heard of it btw

The teaser trailer for this game is a big pile of shit too.

Who is this semen demon?

Explain how I played and finished no more heroes 1 more than 15 times, then.
The games are pretty simple to be enjoyable. If you lost interest maybe you have ADD.

WOW

you are literally entertained by colors flashing on screen

There's nothing wrong with those two things.

So it's the exact opposite of Dark Souls, you can't just MASH CIRCLE TO NOT DIE

Same way I can read the same book thrice I guess?
I'm sure all my time playing Dungeon Crawlers and reading books were all a figment of my imagination, dang.

nothing to lose if it's F2P, it looks alright

Can we make up a new title for this type of game?

How about "Pointless: Zero Creativity"?

and I thought the overstrike/fuse thing was bad

pc?

Literally the most appropriate name possible for a Suda game

it might have a slight chance of being enjoyable
lilly bergamo died for this.

But you're wrong, he was the "creative vision" behind them but it was Grasshopper Manufacturer who developed his project
He's just like Kojima, Miyamoto or Swery65, an ideas guy who can't do anything if he's not surrounded by people a thousand times better and more dedicated than him yet he's so much in the public's eye that they forgot about the studios that are working on the actual title
It's good as a scapegoat but can you imagine pouring your best years just to get these fellas' penises stricken by rabid fans?

They're deliberately bad games that are used to send the experience rather than the message, that's different. Though it is true that the times where they actually gave a fuck about making a fun game (Lollipop Chainsaw, Killer is Dead) it was just boring garbage.

Don't pretend you don't deserve this.

Would it be good?

ウェウラド

JUST

Your time?

Do you not value your time?

anyone surprised by this?

user didn't say he disliked it, he said he lost interest.
I like dungeon crawlers but I lost interest pretty quick, fag.

More like

SUDA 51 HAS NEVER MADE A
GOOD GAME

Hold your horses. Played it at pax and it's badass. Don't be put off by the "Free to Play". There's no pay to win or shit like that. Only thing that you can pay for is to get back into the game faster. Be willing to at least try the thing before you drop it. It is free at the very least.

The reason why it's Dark souls like is because you
A) Will die a lot
B) Combat style is similar
C) Play against the ghosts of other players You'll be fighting an AI with another players Gear and that "Ghost" learns how you play as you go along. I believe if your ghost beats other players you're back in earlier or get more continues or something.

The game is free so I'd say go buy it…Wish it will come out on the PC though so that I can play it too.