Moominthread

Well, we have a cast for an upcoming Moomins series possibly coming in 2019.

Moominvalley is a hybrid animation series combining 3D rendered characters in a painterly environment featuring 2D elements.

Taron Egerton will play the lovable Moomintroll, with Rosamund Pike as the wise and caring matriarch Moominmamma, and Matt Berry as the adventurous and knowledgeable Moominpappa. Akiya Henry will voice style-conscious, sometimes flirtatious Snorkmaiden.

Other Moominvalley residents will be Kate Winslet as spick-and-span Mrs. Fillyjonk; author Will Self as philosopher The Muskrat; Warwick Davis as Moomintroll's adopted younger brother, the slightly cowardly Sniff; and Richard Ayoade will get in touch with his spectral side to play The Ghost.

animationmagazine.net/tv/new-moomins-series-shines-with-star-studded-cast/

First four images are concept art for the series.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!KQwlWJYB!E6n_0n0Y0G5MbhOYMfmSww
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First they remove all of the original dub dvds of the 1990s series from Finnish stores in order to sell a new dub to correspond with Finland's centenial, and now they are making some cgi crap. Oh well, I was getting tired of Moomin anyway.

I never watched Moomin before, is it good?

The series from the 90s is good. I haven't seen any of the other versions.

Moomins are cute!

Weird that they haven't mentioned who is voicing Snufkin (also known as literally the best character).
And what do you know! A nigger playing the fair Snorkmaiden!
Even with voice acting they just gotta push that racemixing!

Moomin Papa is the best character.

This is a travesty. She's the most aryan character. A nigger is also playing the Ghost. Apparently this minor character is more notable than Snufkin, despite Snufkin being Moomin Troll's best friend. I can conclude that Snufkin's VA is a white man due to this oversight.
It's strange for me to think that they decided to cast Warwick Davis as Sniff for some reason. When I think of Sniff, I don't think of the guy who played an ewok as my go to voice actor.

Imagining the voice of Willow as Sniff, I think could work.
But god damn, you just know Snorkmaiden is going to sound like a city monkey, instead of the fair and light voice she had in the 90s. And you know she's going to be written like a strong independent troll maidyn who don't need no Moomintroll.

Well, Swedish actress Alicia Vikander (that robot chick from Ex Machina) is Little My.

Been a while since I watched Ex Machina, but if she can capture the playful haughtiness from the old english dub, she should be okay.

Kate Winslet as Mrs. Fillyjonk.

Draw like one of your French girls user and then have car sex. My dick.

Imagining Mrs.Fillyjonk saying that in her old voice is surprisingly arousing.
I'm having a hard time imagining Winslet as Mrs. Fillyjonk. Why did they get so many 'big names' for this? Why can't they just get the people best for the role? I can't imagine that half of these people were chosen because they gave the best audition.

No

There was a comment on one of the Moomins videos with a Mega link to most of the episodes posted on Youtube. I can't find the comment, but did anyone save the videos? (I have an incomplete zip file I can share if anything.)

mega.nz/#F!KQwlWJYB!E6n_0n0Y0G5MbhOYMfmSww
Never mind, I found it.

Fight against the spam

bump

Fuck this nigger bullshit, now they're fucking up the Moomins, are you fucking kiddidng me?!?!?!

Well, since they're casting niggers and kikes as the characters we all know it's going to be pozzed. inb4 the Moomins convert to Islam

Oh boy. Yeah, knowing kikes, that might actually happen. Shame, Moomin was my fucking childhood. The flesheating plant and Hufsa (the big black one that only moaned, Hufsa was her(its?) Norwegian name) still gives me the shivers. Man, hang niggers and gas kikes. I wonder how the finns themselves are feeling about this.

Many people don't even know about it. People are more focused on the old Moomin series being redubbed recently and annoyed that the old DVDs are no longer available. Although this pisses the people who know about it off. Finland has been getting a heavy does of Swedish style multi-culti lately and many don't like it, bit the media keeps doubling down.

WE WUZ MOOMINZ N' SHIEEET

Speaking of Moomins, does anybody have a link to the 90's version in it's entirety? I only have about the first 39 episodes.

90s anime is generally considered the best version by most people. There was also Polish stop motion version from late 70s/early 80s. It could get creepy and surreal at parts, but it's not horrible considering when it was made. English narrator does sound pretty boring, though.

Why doesn't anyone take old audio, mesh it with new animation, and then upload online?

I only watched the 90s version last year for the first time and enjoyed it.

Read the thread.

FUCKING WHAT!?
This is a travesty! When I think of the Moomins, I hear that 90's English dub, that's what the characters sound like to me! It's like when they re-dubbed My Neighbor Totoro. It's pure nostalgia but I remember that film with its original dub.

The art looks nice, but not the voice cast.

Okay now I'm pissed. Why do they feel the need to do this? They're spending time and effort to sabotage their own product to hurt sales. at least I downloaded the episodes already