This movie was shit, both characters have no motive to anything they do

This movie was shit, both characters have no motive to anything they do

what was his motivation? this movie made no sense couldn't the writers put in a scene where he explains why he has to kill people?

AUTISM

you fucking serious? NO ONE in this movie had any reason to do what they did. If they did, they'd have said there reasons out loud!
Poor scriptwriting!

Lmao, this is what happens when a sperg gets rekted

Tarkovsky was really bad at anything that smacked of science fiction.

shut the fuck up I bet you like pic related when at no point in the movie is there EVER a scene where the core characters discuss their motives, what they're willing to do to achieve their goals, etc.

Excellent opinion!

You didn't watch the movie, faggot.

I *read the book* *:^)*

Mods , this woman lost her composure

like it or not this is currently the most important thread on Holla Forums. If you watch redditlettermedia's Blade Runner 2049 you'll understand, this is the true clash of ideologies between Star Trek nerds and their definition of storytelling (muh character development, motivations, etc.), and true cinema arthouse connoisseurs who know not every aspect of the story need be made apparent to all cinema-goers, least not the lowest-common-denominator drones.

laughable

This what emasculated virgins actually believe

Achtually this guy is staring with a blank face to the horizon to represent how much he loves big black cocks, his massive ammount of gray matter just means he thinks about dicks non stop, the smoking pipe is just another metaphor of how much he wants to suck dicks

t.virgin

poor simple redditor, cannot argue against truth so resorts to shitposts

The ironic nose can't hide your real one, nor the fact that you don't belong here.
Get out of here, Moishe.

A filthy westerner like you wouldnt understand a mysterious Slavic soul

Everybody understands alcoholism, squatting, and pining for lost glories just fine.

Yep, you dont understand anything
Read Dostoevsky

Just let the vodka dissolve what little remains of your frontal lobe, Fyodor.

Choke on the homo dick you degenerate godless westener, its the only thing you soulless people are good for

I have tolerance for your outbursts. I understand that Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is a difficult cross to bear. It isn't your fault that your мамочка was a gutter drunk like the rest of her line.

wew

How about you calm down and check these dubs instead of sperging out

Not even your degenerated kike on a stick is with you, you sad facsimile of a semi-civilised horse-lord.

Can someone tell me why /lit/ reddit 4chan Holla Forums etc suck off Dostoevsky because The Brothers Karaminonizzisszszossov was fucking shit

It's just because you have shit taste.

I am an enemy of symbols. Symbol is too narrow a concept for me in the sense that symbols exist in order to be deciphered. An artistic image on the other hand is not to be deciphered, it is an equivalent of the world around us. Rain in Solaris is not a symbol, it is only rain which at certain moment has particular significance to the hero. But it does not symbolise anything. It only expresses. This rain is an artistic image. Symbol for me is something too complicated. - Andrei Tarkovsky

Interview Ein Feind der Symbolik with Irena Brezna in "tip" 1984 (3), pp. 197–205 [Pol. trans. Adam Sewen].

The Stalker wants to help the Writer and the Scientist discover their true spiritual self by taking them into the Room. The Writer wants to discover artistic inspiration for his writing. The Scientist wants to destroy the Zone. It's not hard to see, really.

Tark was an enemy of good films.

unironically this, the redditors talking about character motivation and character development belong on reddit.

ur a fag

the stalker wanted to give his deformed monkey daughter and pure innocent wife a good life whatever it took

Your movie was shit

No, he was ready to sacrifice everything to introduce faithless and unenlightened people to the Zone. He even told them that he didn't need to get paid. Stalker is like a super devout saint here. The Writer is Tarkovsky's self insert and the the Scientist is the personification of USSR.

No. The Stalker is Tarkovsky's self insert, the Writer is meant to represent the intelligentsia, the Scientist is meant to represent the scientific community, and the Zone is meant to represent spirituality/mysticism. The dog is meant to represent the Stalker's doubt in the mysticism of the Zone, which is why it starts crying when his daughter starts moving those cups with her mind, because her powers prove that the Zone really is supernatural.

Americans are such pussies