ITT: shows with underwhelming endings

ITT: shows with underwhelming endings
i stilled liked the very tail end though, idk the aesthetic/setting of the show really struck me emotionally despite the fact I can barely relate to the characters

you should be happy it had an ending in the first place, in my days cartoons just ended in some inconsequential episode one day and it started to have reruns until it didn't anymore.

Daily reminder that Mabel got away with her shitty behavior like all women do.

Show was pretty good up until like the second half of season 2, at least it ended before Hirsch could put a thinly-veiled Trump expy in as the main villain.

Also Mabel became absolute shit as a character, suffered no consequences, and arguably ruined the entire show.

Every other character had to come to terms with and overcome their problems. Mabel had to be convinced she just had to keep acting the same as always and let everyone else sort things out for her. Also, having Grunkle Stan sacrifice himself for their sake was a great gesture.. right up until they undid it 2 minutes later.

Other than the episode with the girls' emails Dipper did too.

Underwhelming, but okay. I desperately hope an extended edition will release one day that paces the final ep better.

but it is

In my head he never actually regained his memory, like the con-man he was he just noticed soos and waddle's names from the scrapbook and repeated them to give the facade that he remembered.

Watching Aku finally die after fifteen years of waiting was a fucking amazing feeling. It really hit the spot.

Ashi kinda dragged the whole thing down, though.

Gravity Falls is nothing like Twin Peaks, except at a superficial level.

except it is

how?

AH said so

He also said he didn't want to fuck his sister but we all know that's a lie.

But every superficial similiarity, no matter how trivial, was 100% intentional. It doesn't have that Lynch-esque surrealism, but everything from the setting of the show to the supernatural overtones were heavily influenced by TP. Trying to deny the connection is just willingful ignorance.

Lots of Gravity Falls fans say so.

Surface level references was about as deep as they could go with the Twin Peaks references. Most people know about the red room with the dancing midget that talks backwards, but most people don't seem to remember that Twin Peaks was like.. 75% small town soap opera, 20% police drama/murder mystery, and 5% weird shit.

Even Life is Tumblr tried to pull this shit off, putting little references all over their game. They even ripped off the "popular girl is murdered" plot point, but handled it retardedly.

You wouldn't?

you know what really drags it down?
The fact that there is a hopeless alternate reality where Aku won and Jack left without finishing him.

Doesn't work like that. If there were diverging timelines in the series Ashi would have stuck around. Instead, she disappeared because her timeline was erased. There's only one singular timeline in the show's setting.

Plus, having to watch Aku die twice would have taken a lot of the effectiveness out of it.

To your credit, the show wasn't a 100% adaptation of Twin Peaks, it doesn't have the tone or style of the show. But major parts of the show right down to the state it was set in are heavily TP inspired.

Of course, you could argue X-Files was a bigger influence on the show, right down to the whistle-theme.

Doesn't make it true.

What about shows with OVERwhelming endings?

See, this is why the ending fucking sucked. The second Ashi was introduced the entire show went downhill.

Why did Jack bother not going back to the past the few times he had the chance to help the people of the present? Who gives a fuck about them, they literally won't exist anymore when Jack gets back. I also don't understand how Jack can be considered a selfless hero when he erased trillions of lives in the galaxy so he could go back to feudal japan and play king for a few decades. Why not overthrow Aku and then stay in the future and help it become a better place? The whole ending just felt hollow, by the time he went back he lived twice as long in the future as in the past. Going back should have been even worse shock and going to the future (hope he likes a world with no modern medicine and archaic social standards).

Jack was always meant to return to the past tho.

Nigga, did you not listen to the theme song?

>Back to the past

Because ancient samurai warrior doesn't understand how time travel works, and neither do most authors. He probably never thought that going back to the past and killing Aku would erase their lives. Furthermore, by killing Aku in the past, he actually saved the sextillion of people who died and suffered because of Aku.

Did we watch the same show?