Wii/ Dolphin thread

Alright Holla Forums so we get Xbox, Dreamcast, PS2 threads and the occasional 8-16 bit one, why no Wii threads though? If you look past the mountain of shovelware and wagglan you'll find some great gems for the system, plus the backwards compatibility is a blessing in this age of overpriced NGC games. So why get a Wii?

You can easily have 1000's of games on it if you take into account how easily a Wii can emulate anything Nintendo and anything Sega barring the Dreamcast and Saturn. Add to that Wiiware and the Virtual Console and you're set for anything Nintendo. For those that have a decent rig, Dolphin is obviously a good alternative, it may not have 100% compatibility but the ability to change control schemes on the fly, remove wagglan, use save-states, custom textures etc. is obviously a huge plus. However, if its comfyness, full compatibility and cheapness you're looking for, having a Wii is not a bad idea, I use a mix of the two personally. So how does one get started?

Thats it. It really is that simple. You don't even need a working disc drive, that makes purchasing even cheaper since you can simply buy one that doesn't read discs. The Wii itself shouldn't set you back more than $20! Twenty bucks to have access to thousands of games is the best deal you're going to get. To begin the modding process you need to know
>Hackmii installer found here: please.hackmii.com

Place that on your SD card, go to the messages section and find the bomb. Follow the prompts and you're done, you're Wii's modded. Shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes total. So now that you have the homebrew channel what can one do?

If you have a Wii that's getting dusty, you want to backup your collection safely or you want to unlock all the Wii's potential then look no further. For more info regarding the modding process and other things here's a good a website: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/4-3-guide

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/hicNfpCV
mega.co.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ
sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation)
sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation/d2x-cIOS-Installer-Wii.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Nintendont_Compatibility_List
store.brewology.com/homebrew.php?lang=
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List)
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List
pastebin.com/icrEuL9j
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List)
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/VCInjections_Compatiblity_List#Nintendo_64)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's the Wii chart and each respective game + some not on it. Also, a MEGA for WADs.

pastebin.com/hicNfpCV

mega.co.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ

Was the GC library so shit that people couldn't even come up with titles that weren't multiplats?

I'm being serious: the Call of Duty games on Wii were great light gun shooters, especially with the survival modes in each game (zombies/spec ops/etc)

Alright so how does one set-up a USB to load games from? Like the modding process it is relatively easy as well. Note I am following the guide also present in the OP.

These are custom IOS that allows one to play from a USB. You place this in your USB or SD card and launch it from the Homebrew channel. One needs an internet connection on their Wii to install these though, it can also be done without it (more info here: sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation)
The cIOS you will install will be

To install the first one

To install the second one

Download here: sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation/d2x-cIOS-Installer-Wii.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

There you go. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes. When that is done, you can now play games from USB loaders. The 3 most used ones are USB Loader GX, Wiiflow and Configurable USB loader. I personally think the first option is the most comfortable one, pics very much related

Those are all good games though, and they are certainly better versions than the PS2 counterparts. But yeah, the NGC library is a bit lacking sadly.

Never tried them but that sounds interesting, I'm sure chartanon will pop up soon.

pfff

Of course, the OG Xbox beats both out the water regarding multiplats but the PS2 always had the worst versions mate, regardless of your preference. Also
But sure, the PS2 version is better mate.

As someone who has played various multiplats, the ones on Gamecube tended to be the best.

Also wasn't the GC version of Resident Evil 4 graphically better than the PS2 version?

wasn't the resolution for the GC the same as the PS2?

In fact wasn't the ps2 able to output even higher resolutions with different cables on certain games?

The GC had a cable that could do the same thing, and both the GC and PS2 cables were only upscalers, internal resolution stayed the same.

Now in order to setup the NGC section one needs Nintendon't which has practically 100% compatibility. With just one game not working according to their list: wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Nintendont_Compatibility_List

Much like other apps, simply place it in your apps folder in the USB or SD card. I do not know if the other two USB loaders have built in compatibility but USB Loader GX does, meaning one doesn't have to go through Nintendon't and choose games, they can do it fully from the USB loader.

Nintendon't also supports a myriad of different controllers (ps3, xbox etc), allows for virtual memory cards and even does triforce games like Mario Kart GP.

I don't think so, even then the PS2 textures for multiplats tended to be worse as well. Even so, this isn't a console war mate, the PS2 had its own strengths like its ridiculously large library.

As far as useful apps for your homebrewed Wii go these are some must haves:

Priiloader allows one to change where the Wii boots, so you can always boot straight to the USB loader or Homebrew channel or anyplace of your choice. It also serves as a way to prevent bricks. The homebrew browser allows one to download apps straight to their Wii, YAWMM is a Wad manager, useful when installing WADs straight to your Wii. Though if one is using an emuNAND its pretty much only useful for forwarders. Everything else is for emulation, note the worse one is the N64 one, you'll have better compatibility with the VC.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, just casual shitposting and questions

kek alright

Posting some interesting jap only games. This one got a menu patch, seems interesting, I'll upload it to MEGA later when I've got some time, seeing as how much of a hassle it was to find an already patched version

Is a menu patch enough to play trough it?

I played it on my Wii not long ago, the game had silky smooth 15-20 fps at all times even when nothing was going on.
Unsure if it's emulatable though.

One my favorite NGC games, I'm sad that the second one didn't live up to the first one for a campaign. The wiimote for aiming and attacking worked well in the second one, but man the first game has such a nice campaign and a decent traditional controller setup. Makes me sad that we probably won't see another BW game, even though the WiiU gamepad would be perfect for minimap guidance of units.

Best game of all time, comin' through!

Can someone explain to me what the fuck is up with people loving this game

it's so fucking mediocre

I couldn't play it for more than 3 hours

How far did you get? what zone

the GC library was pretty terrible. The multiplats were all better on the Xbox, besides one or two exceptions (beyond good & evil has some issues on xbox I think? Nothing major, just a graphics bug at some points.)

The GC was nintendo's worst system…until the Wii U. But at least the Wii U has the potential to be a GC-Wii-U super box.

I love the Wii, however. Top notch system with a ton of great games. Wii makes were largely excellent, and there are many unknown games like Zangeki no Reignleiv which fucking rule.

Some PS2 games supported 480p (hold triangle and X after Playstation 2 logo appears), component naturally has better color and clarity, and there were even some 1080i games like valkyrie profile 2.

Anyone modding your Wii, make sure you use WiiXplorer so you can ftp over wifi!

I don't respect the Wii for two reasons:

-Motion controls are literally the devil and anyone that enjoys and enables any form of motion control in video games should be shot in the back of the head immediately

-The Wii opened the floodgates for casuals to infect gaming way, way more than the PS2 ever did

If you like the Wii you're halfchan level nintendrone and i hope you get cancer in your balls and die.

wew lad you sound butthurt AS FUCK

I really can't remember
But I don't think I as out of one that had a lot of grass

Wii Sports Resort is a quality game for wagglan standards

if you dislike motion controls entirely, you have no experience with gyro and how much it improves camera controls. Plus, pointer controls revived light gun games, which anyone with taste should love.

The tutorial is 5 hours long, nigga.

The PS2 and the DS sold more units.

The only demographic the Wii brought in was gramps and gram crowd. The seniors demographic is hardly anything and would probably die before they significantly effect gaming.

You do know that for the better part of the 80s and 90s video games were aimed at predominately children? The Wii aiming families and kids isn't anything. Minecraft probably brought in more shit tier gamers, hell, XBOX is still the most popular among 9-16 year old faggots who shouldn't be in video games in the first place.

The only people that still claim this are halfchan tier console warriors.

The Wii was released in the shifting time where kids began to want edgy and the parents bought them edgy.
Before the Wii, if the kids wanted edgy the parents would buy them tame, but this somehow changed at around 2007.
Probably because of wimp parents or whatever.

well fuck that then

don't talk shit about the xbox

It's probably because the PS2. Devs couldn't keep making E10 and T rated edgy games. Even most of the PS2's E and E10 games were dark and had a dark aesthetic.

I'm not. But complaining about what consoles brought in what demographic is completely fucking retarded. Demographics aren't the problem.

Don't blame the demographic, blame the shitty devs only making games that target one audience while restricting themselves because they don't want any unintentional audiences.

Like, smash, smash is a really good example of this. 64 was a great "general" thing, Melee was good and tried to be general but one part of that general basically took it over. Sakurai then made brawl and tried to make it target everyone that got left out in Melee's demographic. 4 is him being conscious about the demographic and actively trying to target everyone again.

Trying to pander to and only to one single target demographic is cancer. Trying to do anything besides make a solid game is pretty retarded for a developer.

It's a 60 hour game and I can really only name two other series/games that are remotely like it. Plus the setup is godly, like setting up a carpet over a pitfall.

Is the setup the bit at the start?

didn't seem that interesting

Just play it again, if it's shit you can make a bait thread about it

The plot setup. The general gameplay gets more complex as you get arts and are introduced the last battle mechanic, spike, midway through the game.

If you don't like it after you get to Satorl Marsh then it's probably not for you.

Your loss mate.

Its an okay JRPG mate, though it looks amazing on Dolphin. It has terrible balancing issues and I think FF12 did the whole single player MMO thing better.

Apparently

Shit. I haven't tried it yet, oh well. Is the combat any good?

generals have been a frequent thing since Holla Forums was founded here. 0/10

these aren't generals, by the way. They are infrequent discussions which occur whenever someone wants.

The only low quality here, is your bait.

Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles
The House of the Dead 2 & 3
The House of the Dead Overkill
Ghost Squad
Madworld
Red Steel 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 & Goldeneye 007 (with Wii Zapper)

0/10, back to 4chan.

I've never really been a big fan of the series but I enjoy light-gun shooters. Are they any good?

I've never seen a bad light gun game, and as someone with experience with both of those, yes! They are good.

from what i've seen they seem ok, they shine with the resident evil theme more so than the gameplay. camera seems way too shacky for a light gun shooter.

I'd throw in Pikmin 1, 2, and 3, metroid Prime Trilogy, All the trauma games and Rodea too.

Rodea was such a surprise, surprise that the wii u version was so bad, but the wii original so great.

don't forget about the Galaxy games and Nintendo Land

The first one is kind of cheap with the aiming, but it's quite enjoyable. Darkside Chronicles is fun as fuck.

The fact that you can have light gun shooters at home makes already justifies it's existance.

I was only listing wii games, and I haven't played Star Fox Zero yet.

You're totally right about Sin and Punishment Star Succesor, though.

I haven't played them yet, so I forgot they existed. Thanks for reminding me

The WiiU and the 3DS version were ports of the original. The game would have come out in 2012 if Yuji Naka had his way but instead the publisher decided to hand it to a new developer and they basically completely redid the game, hid the bad graphics behind a filter, and they used the 3DS textures for the WiiU game so both of the "enshanced ports" have shittier textures than the Wii game.

Even Yuji Naka asked everyone to "please play the Wii version" because it was the closest to his vision. The Wii version is genuinely one of the greatest games in the last couple of years IMO.

I used my only wiimote as a dildo and it broke. so there is that

wew

Interesting, will surely check it out then

store.brewology.com/homebrew.php?lang=

ayy lmao

Do you know if SDXC cards work?
I want to buy a 64GB one for Gamecube games and romsets

should work

the only problem when it comes to SD cards is using older methods and playing project m

really? I thought the Wii had problems reading those or something, oh well if it works all the better, they are much more abundant than regular small SD ones.

SDHC/SDXC only has problems with old methods and the wii u (because you cant use letterbomb method)

Via Riivolution, you say?
I want to play Project M without having Brawl (preferably Patt Edition) Do you goyim know how to do it?

Man, I really wanted to like that game, but some of the level design was fucking stupid on top of forcing the two views. What a waste of decent motion control aiming.

Battalion Wars 2, m8.

Or you just not be a retard an format your usb stick to fat32 and throw both wii and gc games on there

I want a 64GB USB Sitck just for Wii games.
These are comfy as fuck

Pretty much this.

I've got a 2TB one that works mainly use it for my PS3 tho its a WD My Passport, its not listed on the usb compatibility list (wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List) but it works flawlessly.

You could build the iso yourself. Its what I did with Project M.

My black friend.

Why is it whenever I play Muramasa on Dolphin, Dolphin crashes? It's on a wbfs file but that's supposed to work according typo the wiki.

Yeah, it looked a lot better. Xbox had the best looking multiplats though, and even got its own RE4-like game.

Too bad transfering games into a hacked XBOX is bothersome as fuck.

If it only was as easy as with the Wii

Was hoping for a Wii thread soon. Been trying to put some wads on my modded Wii via Wad Manager 1.7, but it keeps giving me a "Ret=-1" error when I try to. Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong with it? I've been trying to follow the instructions I found about booting into IOS249 and have the things to install on the SD card, but apparently it can't progress further than trying to select the storage device to install from.

Also, taking further suggestions on more additions (or general refinement) for the chart in , as well as what to add in the footer section. I assume modding info would be of the most use, but there's still likely more that would be helpful. been meaning to finish that, but finding good Wii discussion hasn't been the most frequent thing around.

???

without a doubt the absolute worst official CS port. CS 3D was better than that piece of shit.

To his credit I have yet to encounter a homebrew FTP client that wasn't a buggy mess or was slow.

I'm just going off of what people have suggested to add in past threads. I can take it off if need be; having other anons double check this stuff if part of why I post lists of potential additions first before adding them.

For those modding their wii's, you might need YAWMM and Pimp_My_Wii for it to work properly, at least I did

If your computer tends towards the more toaster-y specs you can use this custom version of Dolphin that's much lighter on CPU while retaining similar performance.

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version

Between that and D3D9 support which mainline Dolphin dropped you can do pretty well, though D3D9 behaves a bit funky in some things. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom jumped for me from 20-30 FPS in menus to a very steady 55-60 FPS in menus using Ishiiruka and D3D9, but characters take a second to kind of pop up; for a little while it was just Zero and Ryu's faces floating around, then the rest of their model and textures gradually became visible over the course of the next 10 seconds.

I just used Letterbomb as far as getting mine set up. Or do you mean using those for more specific functions?

I also used letterbombs, I just mean in terms of additional programs or whatever. I don't remember exactly what they do, I modded my wii a LONG ass time ago, I just remember that it wasn't working until I got them

it might be a bad rip, did you do a checksum?

If you are referring to Wii FTP clients then yes, but one can use Filezilla or Total Commander for the Xbox without a hitch. Of course, its not as simple as simply copying files to a USB drive but still retard proof.

Its a WAD manager. It only works for adding WADs and forwarders, it does not relate to anything regarding how your Wii works.

Never used it, I've always used YAWMM without problems. Which specific wads are you attempting to install? Have you looked into NAND emulation? It is surprisingly easy with USB Loader GX though it doesn't have 100% compatibility.

Well if you have my life as a King I guess you should also add my life as a dark lord. It plays the same. Also,
I suggested that one, I meant EX3, not the first one. EX and Special are the last to to come out for the Wii and have the largest rosters. I still think Dragon Quest Swords should be added as wekk as Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns.

Some other user recommended Cawadoody because its a fun lightgun game too.

Mainly some N64 games some other user uploaded into a Mega (been wanting to play some of them this way since my computer's a toaster as far as games go and I hear N64 emulation is a bit iffy anyhow; NoA's annoyed me too much to want to give them any money for the actual VC downloads of them though), but I wanted to try it first with attempting to install a wad of the wad manager itself so I don't need to go into HBC each time I need to use it, and it just can't seem to find whatever it's searching for. I assume it's got to do with folder hierarchy or something, but I can't say for sure.

And yeah, I'll look into those as potential possibilities to add.
Was a bit surprised to have seen Genius Sonority's name on it for development. They did a pretty good job with Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, but most of their other games seem to have been rather forgotten, or considered hit or miss by various anons when they've come up. Still, I'll jot down DQS as a possible addition.

Try using YAWMM and see if the problem persists. Most N64 games can run on emuNAND except for Smash Bros, Paper Mario & Kirby's whatever crystal. If you are going to go ham on the Wii you should really start looking into emuNAND, remember that the Wii's nand has finite space those WADs add up real fast. Also, you won't be restricted to the number of channels. Which USB loader are you using and do you have Priiloader?

I've got Priiloader and both USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader as options (maybe a couple more; when I initially set up the system to be modded, the download came with a pack of those, Neogamma, and Wiiflow), but I need to double check what sort of USB drives I'd have access to to try to use with the Wii. I've generally just taking to using SD card for storage since stuff like NES, SNES, and GBA games don't take much room at all even with the card having a 2 GB limit, and I've heard that the Wii can be a bit picky about which USB devices it can read off of (to the point I've seen a spreadsheet around detailing what people have found to work or not, and some of the drives I'd like to use due to having more space weren't listed, be it working or not, last I checked).

But thanks for the tip about YAWMM, I'll give that a try.

Yep, md5 was way off the mark. I got it from the rom/iso pastebin in the share threads. Are the roms in these threads ok?

Neo Geo Pocket Color emulation is broken in Retroarch Wii

Faselei another way.

How is Faselei anyhow? Been liking Sacnoth's games on the PS1 and PS2, so finding out they did a pair of NGPC games has me curious about those as well.

Step it up, senpai.

This pastebin? Because I've tried games from there and they run fine. Haven't tried Muramasa though.

Make sure they're up to date whichever one you decide on using, I personally enjoy USB Loader GX, the interface looks nice and I changed the menu music to songs from vid related. Real comfy shit, plus built in compatibility with Nintendon't and emuNAND is a huge plus.

Yeah, the USB chart is this wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List

I used a USB that was not on the chart and it worked perfectly. Its a 2tb WD My Passport which I also use for other stuff, 2TB for just the Wii is overkill, I'm guessing smaller versions of My Passport should work fine too.

If you have priiloader why don't you just make your Wii boot straight to the USB Loader or the Homebrew channel? I haven't seen my Wii menu in years.

Eh, mobile was going to fuck everyone's shit up in a few years anyways, and Xbox Live was already established as a normalfag connection device. What should be shamed about the Wii is the complete lack of good games from it, and how it effected Nintendo as a company.

My Wii is old enough to the point where in the modding process it allowed for it to boot to a separate screen before the actual Wii stuff boots up (allowing for bricking reversion); you can choose between booting into a number of things from that screen, including the regular Wii itself and the HBC.

The USB device I'd like to use with it is a 100 GB Seagate (which I figure would work out pretty well for Gamecube and Wii games, since those can be multiple gigabytes), which is unlisted on that page.

Well, unless you're running dual storage thats not going to be enough. I guess you can still try it out and return it if it doesn't work. Note I would take some of the entries with a pinch of salt, they are old and I wouldn't trust them fully. I'm betting many of them either put the USB on the wrong slot or didn't load the USB from a full-reset (ie - a red light not yellow).

You lucky fuck.

Does anybody have a Project M: Patt Edition 3.5-1 ISO?

I got one for 3.5 a couple of years ago, but my external HDD died, and now I can't fucking find anything.

Well, I'm not exactly planning to toss every worthwhile game the Gamecube or Wii had on there at the same time.

Is it hard to find a Wii capable of doing that, or is it just a crap shoot whether or not the one you pick up is capable of it?

It has to be an old one, if I recall correctly.

Your wii must be one of the first batches since it got patched later on.

Why? You better stock up mate you never know whats coming and by the looks of it dark times are ahead of us, piracy may not be as easy as it is today.

That's good to know. I got muramasa from this pastebin pastebin.com/icrEuL9j

Believe me, I've got plenty of games downloaded already, or that I have actual copies of. It's just that the files are on my external drive on my computer that I use for general storage, not just of games. Aside from that I just have a 100 GB and 16 GB drive.

I figure that I can just copy stuff over as need be to one of the smaller drives and then stick that in the Wii, provided they turn out to be ones the Wii can read from. Preferably the 100 GB.

Well, I know for a fact they're not the same mega so you should try to download this one and see how it goes

I'm playing this. I'm told you need separate XYZ shake & left+right tilt to do fishing, but I haven't gotten the fishing rod yet.

I'm using a Dualshock 4 with DS4Windows so I can macro the actual gyro in the DS4 for tilting, but I can only make it keyboard keys & although I have it set up I don't know if dolphin will accept M+KB&xinput at the same time for emulated wii remote since I haven't tested tilt in a game yet. It probably won't work very well since tilt is more like analog triggers with a range of movement instead of just a keypress. I should probably just try putting tilt on mouse movement & set the DS4 to move the mouse cursor when touching the touchpad which would allow gradual movement in tilting.

**but I made it keyboard keys
I wish these post errors would be useful for once & give me an opportunity to correct my posts.

I have a 2tb hard drive formatted to FAT32. Western Digital. Has its own power supply. Uses USB3.0 (i know Wii doesn't but not sure what's relevant) Most of my games load and play fine with the exception of cutscenes/videos. It's very choppy and constantly pauses.

Anyone know of a fix for this? I switched from USB Loader to CFG Loader and it was a huge improvement but still happens. Still noticeable.

I use Wii backup manager to transfer the games to the hard drive.

usb3.0 only matters for a usb3.0 port in terms of speed

you're retarded, congrats

You probably have to turn off some hard drive option that stops it spinning when it isn't in use all the time. Look up a compatibility list with CFG Loader and see what it says about your HDD.

Good taste mate. When I played it on Dolphin what I did was map the wagglan to the triggers on my DS4, works like a charm. You cam even spam the pickaxe that way. If you enjoy that one try the unlimited cruise games, theyre the same (more islands tho) and have the same problems (the item grind is real) but theres more combos and you get the Skeleton dude.

Post a pic of ur USB folders and what USB are you using? Do you have it plugged in the leftmost port? Dif you try seeing if it would work from a cold boot?

thanks to this thread i finally did it.
everything works. all games i downloaded worked fine. except sakura wars, which shit the bed when the battle started, framerate dropped more and more, almost all 3d characters and enemies started to appear transperent which probably was the cause for the bad framerate.
it almost looked like emulation gone wrong. has anyone else experienced this?

The Wii only reads in 2.0 speeds, the problem with using 3.0s is that some have the pesky pitfall of having to use 2 usb ports to be powered up, thankfully mine is 2.0 compatible. Id steer clear of those since the Wii is picky as to which USB works.

Well thats rather odd, let me try it out and see whats up, it might be a bad rip (you should do a checksum) or it might be your USB fugged up.

maybe it's because i am a pal peasant and the game posted in the bin is the us-version.

it starts after you save the blond girl and get full control over the squad. besides the transperancy and the framerate the character portraits were weird, like the background was in front of the character.

was for

anyone got working links or torrents for excitebots and the boomblox games?

Yes but I thought it might have been relevant. Maybe a 3.0 usb rapes the Wii's 2.0 ports some-fucking-how.

I checked, it doesn't sleep. Has to be another issue.

Klonoa
Rayman Origins
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess & Skyward Sword
Monster Hunter Tri
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Animal Crossing: City Folk

Those you should at least add to the chart. I'm sure there are some other obscure games I'm missing though

On another note, are you going to start working on a WiiU chart some point soon? Since apparently NX is coming out next year it's going to be all but dead by then.

are you fat and gay?

No and I think fat gay people usually have friends with same interests.

Just what I needed. After setting up Dios Mio recently I had a blast playing thjrough Killer7, Chibi Robo and the occasional cup of F-Zero. I guess I fucked something up in the process though.

Before I set up that whole GC shebang I could play PAL and NTSC Wii games. Since then, my Wii freezes as soon as I start to play NTSC games and I can't figure out why. PAL games boot up just fine and I'm at my wits end.

Any ideas?

$ lssuper mario galaxy.iso$

NTFS
I also tried using wiiflow and it almost worked but it spits me out back to the wii menu

wad files are giving me some headaches.
i got one installed, it starts, then "you can't use this channel". what's wrong here? i can't find a explanation for the cause of this message.

I'm setting up Wii64. Does anyone know where I can find some n64 or z64 files?

Just found a wii in the trash today.

If it weren't for this thread I'd have seriously considered leaving it in there. I'll see if it works and try getting some games on it this weekend.

Or better yet, what is the best way to emulate N64 games on a wii?

fixed it. it was a region code thing.
had to set the console to regionfree using priiloader.

Any hack n slashes/retro WRPGs on Wii or Gamecube? Something Elder Scrolls-esque.

injects or virtual console, and if that dosent work use not64

Well, which is it?

Already on the chart mate

Nigga you can't be serious can you? Its an aberration, its the unspoken sequel, no one names its true name for fear of retribution. You must be a mad man or a darkfriend. Shoo dark spirits, shoo.

what the fuck are you trying to convey with this post? Post a screenshot of your USB or SD card's root and folders.

Pretty much this Wii64's emulation is very spotty, take a look at the compatibility list here (wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List) with very few games not already working as VC or injects. Really not worth it frankly.

Any of those.

Addendum: I'm willing to emulate older consoles on my Wii.

Hack n slash

CUHHRAZY

You're not going to get a lot of WRPGs on the Wii/NGC libraries. You can go for old school ones on the SNES & Megadrive though. If you're looking for something expansive like Skyrim and the like you're looking at the wrong console mate.

that's my directory of the usb

that's my directory of the usb

Damn son, hotwheels don't fix your shit if we get dubs and trips in all seriousness fix your shit HW

Why are you using NTFS and not FAT32? Did you use
Wii Back Up manager to add the games or did you just drop them into the USB? I'm guessing you just have the iso in the root folder. Likewise, did you make sure your USB is recognized or working according to the list here?

Finally, did you make sure the cIOS installed correctly? You should've gotten a green box over 249 and 250 right after they installed, if it was red that mean that the installation failed. Finally, did you plug it in the leftmost usb port? Other than that, I don't know what else could be wrong, these tend to be the most common problems.

I'll look into some of those if other people want to see them. That said, the Wii Legend of Zelda games don't seem to have the best reputation around here (though given people tend to consider the Gamecube version the better version of TP between no waggle and the game not being mirrored, I've got it on the Gamecube Chart), and Tales fans tend to be quite vocal about their dislike for Symphonia 2.

With the Wii and DS wifi down, is Monster Hunter Tri still fun to play offline?

Maybe. I'm honestly not real familiar with what all's worthwhile on the system.

i installed cIOS and had two blinking green boxes on both 249 and 250
I also tired FAT32 on the USB but it still doesnt work
i used a wbfs and the usb is recognized (it works on nintendont)
it just werks on nintendont and it recognizes the .iso and .wbfs in the SD Card in wiiflow but doesnt do shit

Have you tried using different USB loaders? Do you have the most up to date HBC and USB loaders?

yeah i also tried updating and it still doesn't work

Well thats fucking weird, which USB are you using? Do you happen to have any other ones you could test out? Are you loading the USB loader from the HBC or a forwarder by the way? It could very well be that your USB simply doesn't work with the loaders, the Wii is pesky as to which USBs do work or not. I don't know about SD cards since I only use them for certain mods and nothing else.

it should just work

One more question regarding N64 emulation on the wii: Is it possible to find wads for n64 games that were not releasted on virtual console, such as mario party 3?

Shit I don't know what else to tell you mate, have you tried installing the cIOS again? What exactly happens when you try to access the loaders? For example with USB Loader GX? Do you get the revision number in the bottom left screen or does it just simply send you back to the HBC or menu?

You can find injects or make your own, I'd be wary of getting random injects off the internet as they could potentially brick your Wii there are assholes out there. Note not all injects work though according to this (wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/VCInjections_Compatiblity_List#Nintendo_64)

Sadly N64 emulation is shit no matter what you use, the VC does allow for some games to run better on the Wii than a PC but even then thats only a select few. If only N64's hadn't attained meme-status then they wouldn't cost and arm and a leg, even then here's only a few games I'd really like to play that aren't available through emulation like Goemon and Perfect Dark.

Would be nice if both N64 Banjo games and Conkers Bad Fur Day had native VC versions (looking at that list, none of them apparently work as injects). I get why they don't though.

Speaking of that, why does Legend of the Mystical Ninja for the SNES have a VC version but neither of the N64 ones do?

You're going to have to be a bit more specific than that mate. Are you loading USB loader from a USB in HBC or an SD in HBC? Do you actually get to the Loader or are you sent back from the loading screen?

Beats me, Nintendo is guided by morons apparently. I remember playing one of the Goemon games as a child, obviously never finished it. I remember it had some real fun platforming and some crazy ass mech battles.

It strikes me that the issue might be more with the publisher than Nintendo itself (given how various classics have never seen them at all; looking at Enix's old stuff they published, it seems like Square-Enix has a refusal to put Enix's games on the VC or PSN, even the better known ones like Dragon Quest). Maybe Konami thought VC sales for Legend of the Mystical Ninja were poor or something? Though it doesn't appear like Japan got VC versions of the N64 ones either, so it's probably not a case where Japan saw a VC release of them but the west didn't.

Could be, right now seeing a port would be impossible since Konami is caput, but still back then they weren't that bad and still they woundn't do it. Pity really, that and Suikoden is what I'll miss the most.

i use the usb loader from the SD and don't get sent back to the loading screen when i use the loader, but for wiiflow when i load a wii game thats on my sd card it sends me back to the wii menu

Konami sure seemed all too happy to throw the fans of their various series under the bus with that push for pachinko and mobile profit instead. Though I suppose they'd long since done that to Hudson Soft fans in buying those IPs and then doing practically nothing with them.

Alright that means its actually detecting one of the two which is good otherwise you would get immediately sent back. That means somethings up with your folder structure, make sure to use WBM and see whats up. You might also want to check over on the USB loader settings to make sure all paths are correct, that could be the problem, that the generic paths are different to the ones you are using on your folder structure.

Why can't other emulators work this well? Why is the nintendo DS, which came out BEFORE the Wii running like shit?

the power of pokeyman and marios I guess

Thanks dudebro

It all depends on the interest and the library. Even so, a lot of DS games are a bitch to play due to the fucking touch screen gimmick. Also age has nothing to do with it, by that logic we would have fucking grade A N64 emulation in 4K HD with complementary blowjobs. Sadly we've got shit, malware, and more shit.

WHERE

IS

IT

Other universe, m8. Remember, we're in the bad universe.

At least alternate me is enjoying it if he didn't kill himself which I highly suspect he did

Somewhere in some alternate universe, some fuck is enjoying it.

fuck man that game was the tits

is there a way to check if something is wrong with an iso/wbfs file?
i can' get the mario galaxy wbfs from to work.

you can do a checksum

I mean it is better than its predecessor thats for sure, but still it is uninspiring as to what one can do with the wagglan.

works for me

Don't forget to get a component cable and retroarch for emulation

bump

sage
bump

Been working on gather more covers for another work in progress update. Did the Wii version of Pikmin 2 only see a US release under the "Nintendo Select" line that was generally reserved as the equivalent of being a "Greatest Hits" print for the Gamecube and Wii? Just curious since that's the only version of the US Wii cover I'm seeing.

Also, once again, fuck you to Nintendolife for tagging every go-to cover they can find with their watermark, as if they owned the artwork of the game itself. Bad enough having to be leery of covers from Moby Games and one other website I can't exactly remember off the top of my head (they tag covers in a yellow watermark though), but whenever I'm working on a chart/graphic for a Nintendo system, Nintendolife always has to pop up as google's go-to first image in a lot of cases.

Nintendo's architectural identity between the Gamecube and Wii is why Dolphin works so well. Gamecube was relatively simple to figure out (especially in comparison to the PS2 or Xbox) and with the Wii basically being an overclocked GC with motion-controls it was almost trivial to add Wii support to Dolphin.

Each game console you have to peel apart layer by layer to figure out precisely how they work and that doesn't even get into the mindbending task of using software to mimic their hardware. DS is roughly N64 levels of hardware for instance (a bit better actually) but the two are nothing alike in terms of inner workings.

why do the loader not have error msgs? a black screen and disconnected wiimote says me jackshit.

Yeah that was my mistake, I was just following old tutorials, apparently this is not necessary if doing the letterbomb exploit on 4.3

What do you mean? Be a bit more specific mate like what loader you're using, whether USB or SD and if its the first time you're using it.

If you still working on the NGC chart, you should add pic related. This gem plays like a mix of Smash & Powerstone.Instead of percentages or ringouts theres a bar up top that fills up depending on how much damage you're dishing out so it rewards offensive play. It includes the most known characters from Naruto, One Piece and DBZ (the roster is kind of small tho) but holy shit its a fun platformer/fighter. Recommend it to anyone that likes smash but is isn't looking for that competitive edge. Its JAP only but the menu is in english so its no problemo.

Also, another alternative to Smash that like D.O.N is more party and less autism, Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble is pretty fun.

D.O.N. and Dream Mix TV are neat games, but I don't know if I'd put them on a list of must haves. They're definitely more for fanservice of watching your favorite characters fight, like Mugen.

So like Smash? Theyre decent games even if you don't enjoy their respective manga/anime. I enjoy the Naruto Revolution fighting games and I fucking hate the series because the combat is good. These games have good combat and its a fun party fighter, I don't see why they shouldn't be added.

I don't think thats how the chart works. The whole point of the chart is to have an idea of what to get depending on what your tastes are. I don't enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles but that doesn't mean its a bad game and shouldn't be in the chart.

Oh. Thought the chart was closer to "If you're looking for the best games, play this", and I'd argue they very obviously feel like clones of Smash which can ruin the experience for some. They still play alright, but I always felt like they were stiff/budget titles and the novelty wore off quick with my friends. Then again, we don't really play Smash either, so that probably has more to do with it.

quick question: so when I've downloaded the games, but I want to move them to a different sd card than the one I used for the wad manager.
I used my 8gb SDHC card, but some games say "failed to launch" when I boot them up on the sd card. Did I do something wrong?

Yes to your question.

Also, is there a way to fix my problem?

I'll give them some thought. Still trying to figure out what to do about possible Japan only Gamecube games on there though, since the dimensions aren't the same as the western cases. I suppose if I get enough as potential additions (preferably a full row of six or so) I could just make a new tab template and tweak things a bit to have a distinct section, but I'm not at that point yet (think the only other Japan exclusive games that's been brought up for it before as being worth putting on it are Kururin Squash and one of the Gundam games).

I never see that brought up that much (or that one DS games either); seems most series fans only discuss VJ1 and 2. Is there a reason for that, aside from maybe a genre shift or something?

Yeah, I try to not just make it be must-plays when it comes to what I work on (though of course those do have a tendency to make it on to the charts). Plenty of hidden gems out there that some people might love but others might hate that are still pretty solid on the whole, but are still worth giving people an idea of what's out there, at the very least to do some research on and see if they'd like it.

Okay, thanks.

Well, because its a spin-off. It doesn't really have anything to do with the characters or story, the same way Mario Party has nothing to do with Mario and the gang. Its just fun, its a decent party fighter, more platforming based like Powerstone and less combo based than Melee. It has token and staple characters from the series, I think its enjoyable, but like this user pointed out about D.O.N
the novelty wears thin.

Posting this link from another thread

also bump

pastebin.com/hicNfpCV

Its here tho