Touhou Netplay #2

Sup Holla Forums, /2hu/ wants to play some games but we're looking for hosts and players, so we're asking you to come join in on the fun.

If you don't have 'em, go get the games, they even have fun singleplayer campaings if you don't want to play online.

PoFV:
mediafire.com/download/3gia1bwpw2z39wy/PoFV Netplay Pack.zip

Hisoutensoku + SWR:
mediafire.com/download/ymrru5e0stydvst/Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku v1.10a eng patch v1.1a + 10.5 Hisouten v1.06a eng patch v1.1a + Sokuroll v1.3.rar

ULiL (jap v1.11, don't update it if you want to play online, latest version just doesn't want to work correctly last time we tried and this works):
mega.nz/#!e5wnCJzK!x0KleZvTbLLChtsOF4kd0nVX7ZbFr8a5LIEyf8Qj6mE

How to get PoFV working online:

hastebin.com/raw/uviwiyigex
And read the attached PoFV networking infographic.

How to get Soku working online:

Just run the .bat that says sokuroll, it'll start the game and you can enter the Vs Network option to play online.
Alternatively try reading this: fuwa.se/f/NzGq0z.txt
and yes, the all-in-one pack is the same as the one in this post

How to get ULiL working online:

There are no tools like Adonis or Roll for ULiL so it may lag like hell if you're on the other end of the globe compared to the host. That being said, it should be just as easy as going into the game's multiplayer menu and following the same instructions as with playing hisoutensoku.

NO SECONDARIES ALLOWED

Other urls found in this thread:

fuwa.se/f/jvQ7p7.zip
fuwa.se/f/62vwoP.mp4
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki
hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki
moriyashrine.weebly.com/rumbling-spell-orchestra.html
moriyashrine.weebly.com/meddlesome-magician-2.html
mediafire.com/download/x00ie8h7qio8ckn/Meddlesome Magician 2.part1.rar
mediafire.com/download/6a2wuun4of402dc/Meddlesome Magician 2.part2.rar
totupura.sakura.ne.jp/thds_110.zip
mega.nz/#!ldgVQR6K!PM3TblpfKqMoiV7QRK_4emj7gH-TzkknboLDDeILmig
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Meddlesome_Magician
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Daiundousai/Characters
doujinstyle.com/archives/712
8ch.net/thg/res/118.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Where'd everyone go? It's sunday goddamnit

fuck if i know. also i'm up for some PoFV if anyone can host.

Can anyone else confirm if 1.31b crashes for urban legend?

I've been busy playing Touhou all day and getting nowhere as usual.

tfw just started playing Soku 2 days ago because I wanted to have some fun
tfw crap, can't even nail most of the combos
pls no bully

Keep trying. Don't forget the wiki.

I don't know any combos myself yet i'm having tons of fun learning how to play the characters. i've yet to win a single match out of like 60+ that i played since last thread.

If you can host, we can practice together. I tried hosting last time but even with everything properly configured it doesn't let anyone connect.

I'll host some soku, fags.
97.93.214.17:10800
Bring your B game.

HOLY SHIT, HOW DO I PLAY THIS WITH PEOPLE
I MUST KNOW

shiggy

You unlock more characters as you beat story mode, but yeah. Arcade mode is where the game shines.
Is currently playing against "random alice" goddamnit riz i know that's you, you could try spectating them, or you can host a game yourself.

ggs random alice but dinner

GGs. I noticed you getting better throughout the game. I think you should pick your favorite character and become familiar with them. You should also consider getting coin or scarf.

Please respect my privacy! I just want to have fun and avoid any drama.

Are you still hosting?

Welp, guess not.
If anyone's still there, feel free to join. Bear in mind that I'm new as fuck, however.

94.188.40.99:10800

so am i

too bad it's already taken

I'll let you two play.

Alright I'm back and hosting soku again.
97.93.214.17:10800
Bring your billy sticks.

: ^ )

Too bad there's not an option to just host for other players. Now is about my bedtime, but I have CPU and bandwidth wasting.

You can host a VPN.

welp, that was fun.

Yeah, good game. If you feel a need to get better, run arcade mode on hard a couple of times. It will teach you when to attack and when to bug the fuck out.

Still hosting, by the way.

I know that I'm supposed to learn their inputs, but I can't help it, I'm bad at them. Besides, I'd rather run arcade on hard/lunatic to get a feel on what other characters are like.

ggs again random alice guy
my god for about the middle half of those games i was full spaghetti and couldn't even hit basic shit

Thanks for the games. I think you should block on wakeup more often and put some scarfs and reversals in your deck and also remove your grimoires. Defensive cards will help you against pressure.

You should try it user. You might also find the other characters more fun.

ggs radcool was fun getting absolutely rused but the game crashed and i got invited to other stuff. Good luck getting that experience playing the game brah.

I really do need to dick around with my cards. I have the time stops in my sakuya decks and have the power ups in my chinese decks and I can't make them work.

Thanks man. Since there's nobody else on I'm calling quits too, see you around.

You fairies should try using hacked AI.
th123ai.zip: fuwa.se/f/jvQ7p7.zip
【非想天則AI】初めてAIに触る人のためのAIManeger導入【東方非想天則】.mp4: fuwa.se/f/62vwoP.mp4
It's kind of hard to set up and a lot of the scripts are broken, but it's good for practice. The AI cheats but it's good at keeping you on the edge. It really teaches you to never let your guard down because the AI always takes advantage of it. It also teaches you never to rely on luck because the AI will always get the first hit if it sees an opportunity. Also the AI has a habit of always pulling off really long combos. They can pull off ridiculous combos just by scratching you. It's kind of annoying but also interesting to watch.

That user attempting to host Touhou D&D here?

Touhou Genso Rondo is being localized by NISA. Should I avoid it like cancer? I kind of want it.

If you're looking for a versus game, why not just play PoFV instead?

If you're looking for a versus game, why not just play PoFV instead?

bump

It's a brand new day and the sun is shining. Time to play some Touhou.

bump, anyone up for some games?

i kinda am

I hope someone hosts soon then.

Neither of you can host?

71.239.121.92:10800

I'm still a beginner, but I can host a server if another beginner wants to practice w/ me don't expect much.

96.89.81.238:10800

GGs? That first match, you let me win on purpose did you? I kept doing so many mistakes and dial-A's.

If you're still there, i'm connecting now.

I didn't expect to see a defensive player. Most players are more aggressive than me, so you had me chasing you around the screen trying to hit you. You took me out of my element. My defensive deck didn't help either. Every game afterwards, I was less aggressive and instead focused on trapping you. Patchy is a gimmicky character. It takes some Knowledge to fight Patchy.
From the wiki:
This is what makes Patchy hard to play against. She's good at flying and endlessly spews projectiles.

would like to play with preferrably another beginner, also i can't into host

Good game man. You're way better than me.

If anyone else wants to play with an almost absolute beginner for practice just ask and I'll host again. I'll lurk the thread for another hour or so.

GGs, was fun as hell. Server's still up, so if anyone wants to join, feel free.

Anyone up for a round of UNL?

Good game mane. Had a blast.

Same, your Remilia was great. Still hostan.

Surprising i took you out of your element, i just barely read the wiki before the match and tried to play into zoning you out. Guess i'm getting better then, i really like ranged characters even if patchy's somewhat underpowered due to her abyssmal melee capabilities, it compensates out by lucky hits i guess.

I just started a week ago, and sorry about kinda trowing that last match but i had a call coming in. You should stick to a single character and learn how to pressure a bit, you kinda stood in a corner the entire time while i spammed enough projectiles to guardcrush you a few times.

You can dodge/graze enemy projectiles by dashing or highjumping into them to close in if you're having troubles with attacking, just remember that melee attacks can't be grazed.

Soku: 71.239.121.92:10800

I would but I've never played it online before.

Ranged characters are fun.

Can't connect?

You still there right?

Thanks user. I keep trying to improve my Sakuya because I really like her teleport move and I think it could be very powerful if I could use her right, but I haven't grasped her moves yet.

You're quite skilled with Marisa. Keeping me in the corner destroyed me.

I try to cycle between 5 or so characters and improve on them. My worst habit is getting cornered though because I just started playing about 2 days ago and I haven't gotten used to blocking constantly and moving out of the way before attacking.

Also, I'm not quick enough with the controls so I end up doing the wrong move a lot of the time. I know how the more basic mechanics of the game work, I'm just not fast enough to implement them.

Ah yeah i keep struggling with the controls as well, i sometimes end up doing a ↓↘→ when i intend to do →↓↘ or viceversa and it's really infuriating as you sometimes end up open to a counterattack. Nevermind that using a keyboard suuuucks for fighting games, even if the game is intended to be played on one.

Try to stay out of the corner and keep dashing around when you see the enemy spamming to close in, dash melee attacks are great for surprising someone who's not expecting you up close and personal. Just try avoid flying too much as that drains your spirit bar pretty quickly.

Anyone hosting for ULiL? I'd like to try out against someone, I've never played with anyone except my buddy.

My shitty apartment has all sorts of port stopping dickery.

Setup a match, I'm game.

GGs Aya. I got bullied.

Tell me if it works.

Welp, GGs. Guess I really need to step up my game.

Hosting on ULiL if anyone's interested.

Trying to host soku, not sure if I have it set up correctly.

66.190.179.110:10800

Well, gonna go out for a while, will rehost later on the night for ULiL.

Opps, sorry, update didn't refresh.

Did not work for me.

I could connect to but he's fightan someone else right now. They're playing soku.

Damn, got destroyed again.

Hosting again

To whoever I just played, are you the same rando Alice that constantly trolled everyone on the old halfchan soku threads?

I did play on those threads but I never used this name.

Learn how to do proper footsies, blocking and when to graze and when to block. Also, try to stick to one or two characters at the start, since if you don't know your moveset like the back of your hand you're pretty much screwed if you try to play against any high-tier players.

Beyond that, I can't give any advice since I'm too incompetent. Started yesterday and having a great time.

I'll try to join, but if I fail, I'm gonna host it myself.

I'll play

GGs, i really need to learn when to escape, those sakuya combos just din't let me even block if i got hit once.

Will host for ULiL if anyone's interested. Dumb Koishi tier.

187.136.178.80:10800

Hosting soku 188.2.18.107:10800

Bump

I'd probably play if someone hosted pofv. I can't play soku because my controller drops inputs.

In any case, I'm gonna try to see if I can play with you guys.

Will try my best to follow the instructions and hope it works

Playing 2hu.

OK! I'm up for some PoFV!

Lets hope this works. Whoever is hosting a match, I'll join

I'm probably gonna get my ass kicked…

Adonis 1

Well, looks like I've got some workin to do

That lag is something else. Where are you located?

Northwest US.

That's odd, I'm in the Midwest. The connection should have been better than that.

Don't fret about those games. They were too laggy. Try not to spam the shot key so much. Focus on cancelling bullets, getting chains, and activating spirits.

All righty.

Hosting ULiL. Dumb little rock tier.

bump

Anyone for Soku? Hosting at: 212.200.206.109:10800

Shit, sorry for being somewhat late, was playing with someone else, you still there?

Yeah, still hosting

Welp, soku crashed badly on my end, let's try it again.

Sure thing, still hosting!

let's play some soku, you bastards

GGs, have to call it quits due to an empty stomach. Had tons of fun, i guess i finally got the hang of how to block sakuya, but i still have to perfect it.

Welp, geegee, I got slammed.

I'm pretty bad myself, but from what I can tell, you just need to figure out what card does what, you had like 2 master-sparks waiting in line, and also try to graze out of corners before you end up in a situation where I can just throw everything I have on you.

Yeah, about that. Marisa's sparks are complicated to set up, so I usually only use the 3-card ones since they're quick enough to catch anyone in the middle of an attack animation or when they're hit with knockback from the dial-A combo in a corner.

Also, just got Aya'd. I don't know the fucking combos well enough to do well against that, nevermind the positioning and shit.

You're supposed to use Master Spark when you're expecting a slow melee attack. The card grants you invincibility.

How good are you?

To be fair, fighting games are pretty hard to get into due to the elitist communities pushing your shit in constantly which doesn't really help you get better at the game. Yes, I'm projecting.

There's also the problem that when you reach a certain skill level, it's hard to find opponents that challenge you, but not destroy you effortlessly.

I'm the Aya that keeps bullying you

Hosting for ULiL.

That was my guess. I didn't realize it at first but I think I've seen you before. I remember one of my friends saying that you trained him and I've seen you in a few tournaments. You get around in this game. I don't take it very seriously. I'm focused on the shmups. Maybe if you bully this thread hard enough, somebody will get good.

No, that's not me. I've never played this game competitively before.

Good times. Evening Sky still gives me chills.

Maybe my memory is foggy but I'm pretty sure I've seen you before. I haven't seen any good Soku players besides you. Thankfully there is a good PoFV player.

That sickly feeling of being on the later stages of a difficult run and a finger slip can end it.

Dunno if it's because of getting older, but being able to see a bullet heading right towards your girl, but not doing anything. Happens often.

Syou has taken the last 5 or so runs away where I have reached her. This time I lost on the third wave of her second nonspell. I saw a way out but I just couldn't reach it. It was so silly.

Nothing to do but keep trying.

Oftentimes while going for my first 1cc I would think to myself "Wow I'm doing pretty well so far. Maybe this is the run." Then I'd die because I would be so nervous of dying that my twitchy fingers would lead me right into the bullets. I still have that problem, but I've learned to think less while I'm playing lest I waste a good run. The feeling of finally achieving that first 1cc was great, and well worth the effort.

Slow day isn't it?

Hosting soku. If you join, you will get bullied hard.

71.199.106.22:10800

Sadly, i don't think i can play right now, my internet's gone to shit in the last few hours due to my ISP being faggots and i don't think it'll be fixed in a while. Maybe i'll get to watch a match or something.

I'm done practicing in single-player and I can beat Lunatic AI consistently now. How do I git better from here?

I don't wanna get absolutely rekt fighting super-AI's from and I don't think I'm gonna improve if I get absolutely bullied by one of the people who actually know what to do here.

combos are too hard and I'm having trouble doing the 623 motion consistently since it registers as 236 sometimes

You can literally beat the lunatic AI with Reimu by pressing the homing amulets button repeatedly.

b-but I'm doing it the proper way and not by exploiting it's inability to block!

seriously though how the fuck am I supposed to get gud if nobody at my skill level plays this

If you don't have the ability to learn your combos, you're likely not going to be able to learn how to get good at the rest of the game either.

Welp, combo practice it is.

Also, being able to do combos in practice doesn't necessarily mean being able to do them in the game. So practice online too.

And I thought Cirno kickin my ass was bad enough…

Sakuya going Dio Brando on my ass with all those knives takes the cake.

bump

Hosting a few rounds of soku. Warning: If you join, you will get bullied hard.

Sorry, my buttons appear to be configured wrong. A moment.

Buttons fine now, it used the wrong profile for some reason.
Fails to connect now though.

If nothing else, i can now relate better to the AI.

Holla Forums is the most popular 2hu board.

Bump

Come on.

Alright, tell me, what are these games about? Never played them and the only thing i know is that they have good fanart.

Alright, tell me, what are these games about? Never played them and the only thing i know is that they have a lot of good fanart.

Toasting Doku: 71.239.121.92:10800

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki
hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki

Can't connect?

There was a game going on. You can connect to if you want.

GGs, i really need to learn how to link things into combos, that patchu mirror match was just awful on my side.

bump

Soku: 96.89.81.238:10800
I'm still awful

Did the connection fail, or did whoever was playing w/ me leave?

Fug did it crash? We were finally having fun with a character i din't know jackshit on how to play.

Also sorry about the whole iku cheese, but i just had to try and see how OP she is.

You want me to try putting the connection back up again so you can beat me to a pulp until I actually learn how to play this game?

Sure although you would be better playing with if you want to get your ass ravaged, i'm not that good myself.

Also a few tips:
you need to stop blocking so much and being so overly defensive as characters that are supposed to put up pressure like sakuya and reisen, at least you're getting moderatedly good at your remilia airgame but anyone who actually know how to play will just simply beat you to a pulp

codemonkey pls.

For some reason I'm getting more lag than usual. You getting that too?

I'm going to go eat dinner. Be back in a bit.

Yeah i'm guessing it's on my end, i usually end up with tons of unexplainable lag at these hours.

You're improving but you need to use more B attacks, sakuya has those knife fans that are incredibly good for approaching the enemy for a melee attack as they have a short recovery time and an even shorter dash-cancel time, unlike her C attacks.

Alright, thanks mane. Sakuya has always felt a bit odd to me but she's definitely more fun this way than the way I used to play her. I can tell when Patchy isn't taking my shit anymore and slaps the fuck out of me with her book, so that worked as a good indicator of when I was doing something wrong.

Going to go back up if you wanna play some more.

(checked)
Sure. Remember to play a bit more aggresively, patchy is mainly a defensive char and i'll keep playing it like that, so you'll need to break that shit to get me.

nice dubs yourself
Good game user, it was fun. Hope to see you around again soon, I really feel like I got a bit better at the game by playing with you.

GGs, sakuya's B attacks are more effective while in the air, as you get more movement and thus more offensive and defensive options. You can use that to cover for an air attack as the enemy either has to block or graze it, giving him less time to counter you. Also try to focus on blocking more as you're dashing in advance, it helps alot for countering when people shoot right at the end of your graze frames, and remember that some dash attacks like sakuya's 66C do graze as well.

I have to call it quits early, it's getting somewhat late.

I want to see the sunset.

Any Europe up for some ULiL v.1.11?

Why an old version? Did the upgrades break something?

1.30b makes hosting impossible outside of Japan.

That's why I use 1.11 as that one is still available on Moriya shrine.

It's a shame that the game still don't have a rollcaster. I like it better than Soku but it's so hard to get non-laggy games.

Move to europe, I play it every day.

B-but I like living in Freedomland. Muh guns.

Playing with Europeans isn't as good as through Sokuroll but it's still playable most of the time. I've never played with someone from the USA.

Sucks to be you, I guess.

Well, there's no touhou general and I don't want to create a new topic but how the fuck do you beat this bitch?

I kind of want to give up but I got so close to beating that spellcard so many times that I feel that it would be a waste.

"Quite a few"… Fuck you, Aya.

Did you guys see that Reisen is gonna be included for ULiL? Bad news is that apparently she's gonna be DLC for the PS4 version, so I guess other girls will be added too, I hope Clownpiece or Junko make it.

It still bums me the fuck out that ZUN is caving in like that, I hope it's a one-time thing, or I'll be mad if Touhou starts changing for the worse and there are suddenly more hands in it, deciding what to do.

(check'd full house)

I don't think you'll be the only one who'll be pissed.

Well, since you're doing it as well, I'll take this opportunity to blog about my own ventures.

I finished my hard-mode run of 2hu labyrinth 2. It was surprisingly easy. Certainly easier than I remember it being, when I finished it at release on easy mode. I attribute this to a better grasp of fundamental mechanics.

Shoutouts to Parsee and Hina, the two unequivocally best characters in the game and some of the best 2hus in general, and that user I talked to in one of the previous threads for giving me the impetus to actually go ahead and replay this. You're still wrong about Parsee though. She is godly.

Forgive me for taking up your space. Please go back to hosting Soku easy.

That's a lot of shots.

My advice would be to take a shot when the pattern is about to shoot towards you. If you do it right, you should clear the bullets in front of you and have some spare time to charge before you have to dodge again.

I just did it in 2 tries. I remember having a hard time with this. Feels good.

Touhou
Zun wouldn't…

What is SDM brigade with buffs
you're still a nigger for not using Byakuren and not doing postgame

I have no reaction image to convey my disgust

wwwing hard at this limp-wristed pansy. Who needs buffs when you have the walking debuff dispensor named Hina, and a lineup centered around taking advantage of that?

I told you all those days ago that buffs are not for me. Any character or lineup that relies on them directly fucks up my entire gameplan. Parsee does pissybabby damage without Jealousy 9+, but when she has that it's hundreds of thousands of damage, every single turn and very easily, with or without buffs.

I'm not even talking about Hinastrats anymore, I'm telling you that my lineup > your lineup faggot because there's more utility
besides, dark-resistant bosses exist

Yeah, well, suck my cock nerd. Hinastrat > all strats. I've got enough utility with Reisen, Patchy, Iku, etc etc, and easier execution because of the one-stop wonder debuff that is Hina.

Light box and small box is physical. She's got both dark and physical covered. Besides, you're seriously underestimating how strong she gets with all that Jealousy. The game is generally well-balanced enough that, around the challenge rating and with the proper amount of Jealousy, Parsee can blow through the resistances. She is fucking strong.

So is Touhou Labyrinth worth playing? I kind of want to just skip to 2. The first game has art all over the god damn place from passable, to sickening bad, while 2 is at a consistent good.

It's a lot better to have multiple sources of reliable damage with different elements than just two that power through with superior stats because of the crazy modifiers to damage that elemental weakness gives. When I was starting postgame, the only one able to damage a certain type of an enemy on one floor was Sakuya with four SDM buffs just because that one spell was composite and modifier was that good.

I've started with 2 and I'm still playing 1 from time to time. 2 has a lot of customization compared to 1, but 1 is harder since you have to reload when you wipe, there is no skill upgrading, you don't see enemies's health and stuff like that. It's your call, but from what I can tell there's a lot more stuff in 2.

You'll note I have strong Wind damage from Iku, Fire/MYS from Utsuho, Physical from both Parsee and Youmu, Dark from Parsee and Hina, and Patchies entire barrage of elemental fuckery. I think that's sufficiently versatile enough, and each those listed are strong enough to compensate for the others in a pinch, especially when you consider that every single enemy in the game is at -50 in all stats, for me.

I played both, both when they first received their English patches. Everything the other guy said is true, but despite all its flaws and bugs, I think 1 is the more memorable game.

The mechanics are all the same, excepting things like character customization which wasn't in 1 and outright buggy things like evasion, but 1 is simply far more memorable, for a damn lot of reasons. The maps and floors were superior. The story (don't laugh) was superior. The art was fantastic. Both games are great though, so I just recommend playing them both.

And if you can't learn to appreciate the godly art of the first game, you can just replace it with whatever you want. I'm sure there's still the packs of replacement art floating around in the usual places.

Well it's still shit because different enemies are weak to ATK-based damage or MAG-based damage and all you have in terms of ATK-based damage is Kogasa (wew), Youmu (whose AOEs are often too weak), Tenshi and Parsee. You gotta balance it mayne.

Nah. I have enough debuffs/debuff-based-buffs flying around everywhere to compensate. And that's also putting aside that 3 of my magical attackers just pierce through everything.

You'll just have to come to grips that my incredible Hinastrat party composition is simply superior to all. Don't be afraid to let it into your heart and bask in its glory.

That's just plain fucking wrong.

I don't "rely" on them. Note that was the side note.

I just don't see the need for hitting the enemy in their weak point for massive damage every single time when debuffs will do the trick, and piercing through works just fine when it doesn't or I can't for some reason.

Having more options to accomplish the same shit is called versatility. It is unbecoming to be so jealous of how I can accomplish so much from so little.

See

Yo the fuck? If you can play and discuss the games yes even the fangames, remember that the fighting games aren't even developed by ZUN even if they're 'official' you're not a secondary. Secondary is the waifufaggotry shit that usually happens in /2hu/ all the time, aka zero game discussion.

Which is your favorite Touhou family/group?
To me it's the Komeiji house, though I'm warming up for Clownpiece, Hecatia and Junko.

Hecatia and Junko is fine.

Koishi and Clownpiss aren't.

Get some taste, faggit.

This thread has gone downhill.

Speaking of which, any good fangames come out recently?
I just can't get into the fighting games for some reason. I really do mean for some reason, I play fucking melty and AH3 for christ sake.

h-hello?

Fuck you.

You should wait for some days or weeks, Reitaisai is happening, dunno if it already ended.
For fangames, have you tried Dynamarisa, the Touhou Kart game and the Suika-Pikmin ones? Dynamarisa fills my need for EDF EDF EDF, and Touhou Kart is surprisingly nice.

I thought development stopped

Really? I didn't know. I still had fun, the last track (Cirno and Kijin) can be hard at some parts. I enjoyed the music and being able to ride on top of the Touhoes.

Hm, guess I'm not finding the place to try it.

Nothing notable has come out recently as said, but i'm focusing on replaying some classics like GST/FMW anyways, when i'm not practicing soku. Goddamn i din't remember patchy being so hard the first time i went through her spellcard gaunlet, nearly wiped my party in just her second spell.

Not sure if I'm thinking of the same one but I think Touhou Kart development stop because, it was released. Is it possible to play that online with people, or has no one cracked jap security moon speak encryption.

So thats the one, eh? Thanks for finding it.

I'm getting a more Sonic Riders vibe

Soku: 96.89.81.238:10800
I'll keep it up for about half an hour unless somebody joins

guess nobody is on then

fuckk, i just came back from work. You still there?

Yeah, put it back up. I can probably play for 20 min. or so before I hit the hay.

Good game, that was fun. Got to get some sleep now though. See you around.

GGs. I was playing a bit aggresively but you had a run for my money in those last matches, those knifes took me out by surprise.

I have basically no idea what 2hu includes outside of bullethells but I am interested and shit at fightans. What are the main differences between these three games? I can't get a good idea from the 2hu wiki. They just list them as vs fighters and then list character attributes.

Basically

Competitive danmaku game, basically you dodge bullets while trowing bombs at the opponent who is at the other screen doing the same.

Fightan game with ridiculeous amounts of projectiles and heavy ground and air fighting strategies, also what most people play.

Aereal Fightan game with more of a focus on projectiles, poor netplay but it's tons of fun.

Did a bunch of posts just got deleted? The heck just happened

God damn it, maybe tomorrow.

I can host if you're still here

wich 2hu wud u call daddy

not unzan or rinnosuke

Genji :^)

Suddently, playing patchu became less about blocking and more about baiting your opponent into eating flares.

Anyone there? I want to play some games.

I was wondering why you didn't use that card.

Can't connect?

Can't imagine why. Try again?

Yeah tried 5 more times now, just gives me connection failed, this is weird because every other time i've connected flawlessly to you.

I found the problem. My internal IP changed. Try again. It should work this time.

Thanks. Sounds like Soku is the closest to a traditional fightan. I might give it a try, but I have shit internet.

GGs. This game is so confusing. My brain melted so many times during this session. There were some moves that could never be explained.

GGs, i still suck ass but at least i nailed down some basic ground combos, i know a pair of air combos but i just couldn't get to pull them off due to thinking too much like it's the basic ground combo. It's kinda sad i was only able to effectively use royal flare in Typhoon when you were too busy kicking my ass.

Hosting soku. If you join, you will get bullied hard.

That was awful. But, i'm starting to think patchy is just the worst matchup against aya. Not that i'm even good at patchy, i'm terrible, but that i could only smash C or get aereal attacks in (when aya has the upmost advantage in the air) just doesn't look good.

Still, GGs. One day i'll beat you if i practice enough, i'm sure of it.

Patchy's a good matchup against Aya because fireballs do a good job of shutting her down.

I'm also kind of out of practice. My inputs aren't as good as they used to be. There aren't really a lot of players to play with outside of Asia.

It sad these types of games are so rooted in netplay. They can't be experienced completely without relying on other people. At least the main games can be played in solitude.

bump

It…really has come a long way.

I didn't expect the first game to feel almost like one of those breakout clones.

Am I the only one who gets Aya confused with Renko?

I'm sure there are others on the board who have brain problems as well. You're not alone.

I never have, probably due to their hats.

Are there any more games that we should play?

There's this, but I bet everyone is too casual to delve into the realm of fangames.
not to say that I know how to play this, because I don't

moriyashrine.weebly.com/rumbling-spell-orchestra.html

I've seen this on Japanese streams.
I played a bunch of Age of Ethanols but I wouldn't want to play it again and the new game is bad.
I haven't played a trading card game since Yuugiou as a little kid.

haha what a casual I bet you don't even exodia or whatever the equivalent of it is in this game

Meddlesome Magician 2 seems like fun

moriyashrine.weebly.com/meddlesome-magician-2.html

is anyone gonna host anything?

Annd just realized link for game is down

fug

I've seen this before. Isn't it kind of like a platformer racing game? I remember it from this video "レミリアが倒せない" which I can't find right now for some reason.

What do you want to play?

i dunno, anything really, except ulil though, i'm not assed enough the get an older version

There is a mode like that, yes.

You can also engage in a battle royale and beatin up spirits (In the sequel only)

Sadly though, I'm not finding any links for it outside of a patch to update the main game which I can't even find.

It would be great to play a game with more than 2 players. We would have a party.

Never mind, I found a working link! Thank god for archives

mediafire.com/download/x00ie8h7qio8ckn/Meddlesome Magician 2.part1.rar
mediafire.com/download/6a2wuun4of402dc/Meddlesome Magician 2.part2.rar

Gonna give it a test run and see how it goes

could at least say what game the ip's for, ya know.

Sorry. I dropped my spaghetti. It's for Soku.

welp, thanks for bullying the everloving fuck out of me with almost every character.

and here i hoped i'd find someone as shit as me

OK, games seems to work all right on my end. Now its just a matter of testing how lag it will be.

Need to patch it to a later version before you play: totupura.sakura.ne.jp/thds_110.zip

Pic related are instructions

Pic related 2 translation

1: Individual Character Select
* If this is set to [On], players will be unrestricted with their character choice: they will be allowed to choose any individual characters they like for their team of five.
* If [Off], players must choose from the predefined teams.

2: Same Character Allowance
* If this is set to [On], different players will be able to select the same character(s) as other players.
* If [Off], characters become locked out from others' selections as they're picked.

3: Timers
* If set to [On], players will be given a time limit to make their selections when asked to choose characters, either initially or between matches. (This can be good for short matches or usually-indecisive players.)
* If set to [Off], players will be given infinite time. (This can be good for long or casual matches.)

4: Leader Bonus
* If set to [On], this will automatically grant a Leader Bonus to each team's leftmost (first selected) character. The bonus varies, depending on which character it is.
* If this is [Off], nobody gets the bonus.

5: Random Slot Determination
* If this is turned [On], player's slots (1P/2P/3P/4P) will be determined randomly upon starting.
* If turned [Off], then Host will be 1P, and Clients will be 2P/3P/4P in the order they joined.

You should have asked for a beginner. If we continued playing, I would have started going easy on you.

I get errors when trying extracting this. Can you reupload it?

Very well, give me a moment and I'll upload it with the patch and netplay instructions

Its gonna be a while until the upload is done.

Can you specify what errors you're getting when extracting and what program you use?

I'm using 7zip and getting an error about the data/Sound.npf file. It crashes the program. Every other file extracts properly.

Hmm…thats odd, it hasn't happened to me since I used 7-zip as well.

Well, the upload is as of this time at 30%.

In the mean time while its still processing, I tried another game called 'Marisa Party" which is a literal clone of Mario Party (Haven't gotten too far but judging by how the layout and game plays kind of like the original, I assume its gonna have the same "FUCK YOU" charm)

Unfortunately though, it doesn't have Netplay which is a huge bummer.

Has it finished?

96%

I would say so

Thank you for your patience, should be good to go now

mega.nz/#!ldgVQR6K!PM3TblpfKqMoiV7QRK_4emj7gH-TzkknboLDDeILmig

Good work, Fairy. I'll see if I can get a game going.

Can anyone connect?

Also, how does one skip the intro? ESC kills the game and every other key does nothing.

Press B

By the way if you press the arrow twice, you'll run fast

I just pressed v.

We're losing to the AI. They are pretty fast.

I'm not sure what happened but I'm hosting again. It would be nice to get more players.

On the plus side, I don't think the lag was as horrible as when I tried to play PoFV.

But yeah, gotta have more players because the AI is bullshit

Not bad for our first time.

I started to get the hang of it in the end. It was fun. Too bad nobody else showed up.

I'd give it a few days till others get the game downloaded and having another alternative to play.

I can't wait to kick some more ass and get dominated by bullshit AI

Fucking Sakuya

Looks like a fun game, I just downloaded it so I'd like to join in next time someone hosts it

Give me some time and I'll join another round

Just got done downloading it, it really looks like fun.

OK! I'm ready to party!

May as well.

Sorry about that. I left the thread and didn't realize people would still want to play.

Anyways, game is up: 71.239.121.92:10800

I have no idea if it's busy connecting or not right now

Oh we started!

But I'll join back in so you can nab a spot

Rehosting

Screen white for anyone else?

This game seems to be freezing a lot.

The game seems to have crashed

Retoasting

Good games, made it to the end!

I think I found my mains! Hehehe

That was fun.

That was fun!

Thanks for hosting.!

Hopefully this week whenever we do it again, we'll get a 4th user to join in!

Those special attacks at the fighting round doe

(Apologies if I'm double bumpin much in this thread)

While these Touhou games aren't competitive like Soku, ULiL, PoFV, or the recently played Meddlesome Magician 2, they still retain the ability to host netplay games but in co-op nature.

All of them share elements from Blizzard's Diablo games where you explore the one dungeon and kill monsters in a hack and slash style.

First is Touhou Diablo - Treasure Hunter G. Its 3D and netplay is relatively easy to set up like Meddlesome Magician 2. Be forewarned that as you progress, enemies will toughen up and it may be easier to die. I'm not sure about the maximum number of players allowed as I didn't see a maximum specified on the sites. Also the girls don't have special abilities so no matter who you pick, they'll act the same.

Second is the sequel, Touhou Diablo 2 - Gensoukyou Treasure Hunting. It pretty much plays like the original and netplay is still the same. I still have no idea what the max amount of players are.

Third is Touhou Hack and Slash. It sticks to a 2D look unlike the 3D counterparts and lets you host up to 8 players to embark on the quest. The wiki says Sakuya and Alice are playable but they have to be unlocked in single player before they can be used.

The downside I see in those games is that unlike the danmaku games and Meddlesome Magician 2 where you can play it as many times as you want and never get bored of it because of its competitive nature, the co-op games will lose themselves once its finished because once you complete it, theres really no reason to go back.

However, there is another competitive netplay game we could try in the future called Touhou Sky Arena. In a nutshell, it plays like Cyber Troopers Virtual-On where you fly around and with quick reflexes, you must take down your rivals before they get you.

This supports 4 players just like with Meddlesome Magician 2.

Sorry if its TL:DR length. I'll get the links to the thread when I wake up from sleep.

bumb

can't wait to play MM2, couldn't last time because was downloading and it was late

Good morning!

I'm up for some MM2 today if anyone feels like hosting.

Still here waiting for some MM2 too, hope someone hosts soon

Hosting MM2

I'd like to join the next match if there's still room for 1 more!

All right, lets rehost (Last bump for this thread)

Room is still open, 2 slots as of this post

Neither of these two showed up, and now we have a fifth player.

Join up.

Should we make a #3?

Game crashed on me, rehost

Sorry about that. Let's select by teams instead. Rehosting.

Fug, i couldn't connect last night because the powerlines on my entire city block were tampered with, i hope i can join some games later today.

We're almost done on the fightan rounds

Shouldn't take long

And… done!

GG

Room is open

One more game.

Holy shit that last duel was intense

And full!

I had such a lead in health. How do you do those special moves?

I found out how to do Byakuren's special move.

Guess today just wasn't my day.

I like how one of you though died on the rooftop during the races and then as time expired, you were flung back to race again

Special moves are different per character but they can all be used by pressing either z or x under certain circumstances

Like with Yuyuko you have to be in the air for her specials to work. Yukari has to have an item to throw or has to be above someone lying on the ground for her special to work. Everyone has their circumstances

GGs, i had the lead on the second course race and second spirit race but those battles fucked me over, how the hell do you do special attacks? I know Utsuho just needs to press B (X) to do hers but i couldn't figure out how to do that sakuya attack or remilia's dash again.

That was Suika. It made me giggle.

I'm not sure exactly but I think Byakuren's is some kind of charging attack. I'm still not that good with the controls.

Forgot to mention while me and the server host were waitin for more players, during one of our races, Suwako's AI was so bugged she kept bouncin back from the bookcase

It's hilarious what happens on those races. Half the time it's the controls not responding, the other half is you fucking up royally or someone kicking you off your feet at the last second.

That was me! I survived even though I died. I was really surprised when I noticed it! Glad I was still able to finish the race, in that section I also screwed someone else over by throwing an item in mid-air while we were dropping to the ground

Charging attacks can also be a special move.

To figure out specials I just test it out at the start of the match
Do a dash and press Z
Do a dash and press X

Jump and press Z
Jump and press X

Grab an item and press Z
Grab an item and press X

Etc etc until I find out the specials. As far as I've noticed every character only has 2 so once you figure out what they are. it'll be easy to remember.

We could make a list of them as we keep playing

Well then, I think i figured out what is one of Sakuya's special, when someone is on the floor, press X (B) once (or twice) when ontop of them. And one of Remilia's attacks is a dash with X (B).

Yup. While this game has its fair share of lag, I still think its playable with 4 people.

Kinda wish the third sequel was made so that Clownpiece and the others got added.

Yeah there are no instructions on how to perform certain specials on the wiki or elsewhere.

Its Mortal Kombat 1992 all over again where you gotta write the super special moves down and remember it

They really should buff Patchy in this game, all her stats are literally 1, there's no reason to pick her unless he has some bullshit specials in battle royale or when you want to purporsely lose the match.

Fuck me, she.

That would be nice. It seems that en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Meddlesome_Magician has nothing about combos.

Are there any plans for that?

WAIT WAIT, I LIED, THE WIKI DOES HAVE SPECIAL MOVE INSTRUCTIONS! YOU JUST HAVE TO CLICK THE CHARACTER YOU PLAY AS!

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Daiundousai/Characters

Nothing seems set in stone, the last game they made was in 2013 with Maid Made Maze (Say that 3 times fast)

Now I'm confused. Are these two not the same game?

Oh, it's a sequel. Now I get it.

Yes. The original game also does not include the spirit battle mode for when the race is done or the new team of characters.

Looking at Patchy's stats and the reason she is pitiful…shes made for range in mind, so says the wiki.

Well it seems i was wrong about both special attacks, this is useful.

Bummer, but I'm curious to see what our games would be like if we enabled dupe characters

Also forgot to say thank you for hosting!

I hope we'll have some more matches later, this game is a surprising amount of fun to play!

We can try.

What is up with Remi's arm?
I think I might know the artist that drew this.

It was fun. I'm sure well do it again.

All right. Maybe some time later today or when the next thread is made we'll go for another round.

Know the artist as in you're familiar with the artstyle or you personally know him?

I think I may have known him in the past as I played with him in the 4/v/ Soku threads. I think he's the same artist that is responsible for pic related. I'm not 100% sure though. It might not be his.

I see.

Well thanks for hostin, I'll check back later tonight and see if anyone else has downloaded the game and wants to host a round.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Don't worry we'll play again.

What the flying fuck is this DRM bullshit

That's the case with Lotuscraft and Age of Ethanols 3. DRM sucks.

i just hope "again" doesn't mean too long from now

It really does. Its a shame because that would've been another new netplay game genre we have for options besides the danmaku games,party, co-op, and Virtual-On action.

And this is over a fan game. I thought ZUN didn't mind people doing them as long as they weren't making money off it.

What is your timezone?

i'm in Poland. also, by too long from now, i mean like not around 6 hours later, don't really want to stay up till 4 am.

If a game has DRM, it can't be that good, can it? I've noticed that games with excessive DRM tend to be pretty bad. It's probably better not to play them anyway.

Cześć! I can't host for at least a few hours. I'm currently playing with /gsg/.

Ah, well its up to other anons as I can't host myself.

I'm struggling to think of one good game that had DRM in it, so you've got a point there.

I'll give Sky Arena a roll and see how well it works and if it also has retarded DRM that will make it useless.

Looks like Sky Arena has no DRM that will hinder us since it works like Meddlesome Magician 2! (It even comes with a chatroom so theres no need to use this thread)

Sky Arena uses ISOs which for me isn't a problem but for others that don't have a disk drive for it or a program, I'll try and see if I can reupload it with all the stuff packed together.

Annd encountered another roadblock, Sky Arena also has DRM (Not as awful as Sky Drift but still shit nonetheless)

While theres no need for entering a serial code, you will however need to make an account on the fly network system so that you may engage in mutliplayer.

Can't wait until the servers inevitably shut down

Into the trash it goes.

Well I found another competitive netplay game that has no DRM whatsoever and is neat.

This one is 'Detonate on Sound', it is pretty much a clone of Bomberman but with the Touhou cast in place.

It also comes with a stage editor which is neat.

I haven't played that in a long time, but even with a lack of a wiki page (despite being mentioned on it) it shouldn't be too difficult to get it working. Do you have any download links for it?

Right here: doujinstyle.com/archives/712

Keep in mind I haven't found a English translation (at least for network settings)

And thats about as much as I can find right now for netplay games. Least we have some decent amount of options to choose from (Excluding the co-op games which while nice, I still feel that once they're done, theres no need to go back to them)

Is it also just me or has there been less fangames made so far than the previous years?

There's just not a decline in fangames, touhou in general is lowering in popularity alot. There's been less music albums, animations, images and even replays uploaded than in previous years.

Why did they do this? I can understand the 3 parts if you have to upload them separately on an extremedly small filesize restictive site. But, why would they .zip the separate archives, instead of unzipping them and rezipping the full game?

8ch.net/thg/res/118.html
Sad but true. The Touhou boom is abating.
Can it be repackaged?

Beats me.

Is there going to be a third thread made for this? I feel like it should since we have some more games to choose from

Can we keep up the momentum? When threads are made in a series, they tend to get progressively worse since the real contributors lose interest over time.

Probably not after the third time.

I'll make a new thread once we hit page 13, we've been pretty slow since the start but many of the players tend to linger around or they come back more than in others that i've seen despite the lack of hosts. But then again that may be because it lasts more than 2 weeks before reaching bumplimit.

The only thing i'm worried about is 8ch dying and thus splitting the userbase even more no matter which site we may migrate to.

Thanks for trimming down the MM2 instructions into a single pic, i'll add it to the next OP along with some other changes. Also, have you found any info on the settings of that bomberman clone? I can't into moonrunes yet so i'd be fucked if i tried to translate what each setting does.

Still looking into it

I wouldn't mind if we moved to /thg/ eventually. Can't say about what the rest of the players think though

I very much prefer /thg/ over /2hu/ for this kind of thing

Though it's not like keeping these threads alive is difficult, they only require 2 or 3 bumps per day.

I don't mind moving if thats what it takes.

Well this is my rough estimate on what the options for the bomberman game are

I've still gotta learn more moon as well

I'm also pretty sure on the client box you put in the host's IP and port, not your own

The main point of these threads is to get new people playing the games since there's such a relatively small userbase in both /thg/ and /2hu/. We tried to get it going in /2hu/ just before the first thread was made but it just kinda died out and /thg/ is just simply barren despite focusing on gameplay.

Any idea what that checklist button ontop of the host setting does? Also, is this what appears when you run NetworkSettings.exe? Cause every time i try to run it, it doesn't work.

Some option related to the server judging by the katakana.

Yes.

Please explain what you mean. Do you mean the menu isn't popping up or?

It just seems to crash every time i try to run it, i can see it starting up in taskmanaged and then immediatly killing itself. No error screens or anything, and i can run the game just fine.

Hmm…that is odd. Is your PC's system locale set to Japanese by any chance?

It isn't, but i tried running it with Applocale and it din't work either. I'll try rebooting with jap settings to see if that works.

Running in jap system locale now and it din't work. However, running it in compatibility mode with Windows 95/2000 did work, which is strange seeing that the main game, the editor and the joypadconfig work fine without compatibility mode in XP, no idea if they'll work fine in Win7

I am using Win7 without compatibility and they work fine for me.

Well that's some good info to work with for troubleshooting at the very least, also any ideas on what this screen means? Appears when you press the "join server" option. Also nothing happens when you press the "start server" button, which is weird.

I can into runes. I can translate if you want.

We'd cut ourselves off from new players. It's better for us to establish a community first.

It's Delay (1~15, default: 2)
Read from clipboard

It means that you are the server.

Could not read from clipboard.

I think it means you entered an invalid IP (Or in this case, nobody is hosting)

Nice double trips, but it seems got it nailed down. The screen doesn't appear when i copy an IP and it transfers it to the fields automatically.

I was working on this shitty image to correct all the inaccuracies, but already got it covered. Here you guys go anyways.

Thanks much

When you make the new thread, make it explicit that it is for both netplay and regular game discussion and make sure to keep the no secondaries allowed warning.

And don't forget the link to MM2.

I wouldn't add the bomberman game till we know it works.

This is also wrong on some accounts, i'll try my hand at it. Also i figured out how it works by just reading this. Whoever is the host checks the marker on top and puts his IP on the upper settings, with the button on his field being copying that IP to his clipboard for ease of sharing and whoever is the client unchecks the marker on the top and grabs whatever may be the host's IP adress and presses the button at the bottom of his field to automatically put the IP on it, it's rather simple.

Already noted of this on my pasta, will also add some extra info on what each game entails about since someone asked earlier on the thread.

See you guys in the next thread

Hopefully another match will happen tonight if we get some anons

Nigga. You said this, but then just basically reworded everything on the image.

Sorry, i misread some things i guess.

New thread is at sorry for reusing the same pic as the first thread, i din't have time to change it.