ITT: Horror Games

Exactly as it says on the can.

Also, speaking of Dreadout - has anyone played the new spinoff game? Was thinking about buying it, wanted to do a rerun of the original game to fresh up my memory on the lore, and promptly ran into a game-breaking bug. Woo-fucking-hoo.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#!vN8RVT4I!gxe3VcWvS39hpKoO4lHel5kBm65mH6j-njQAuUPAkns
mega.co.nz/#!LY9GwTaS!JS01YGHqH-lCNQqzzIHN3WVjHqhOk__WAbbYJRZPU0g
mega.co.nz/#!KRMzxDgY!xtRGHxRtyqXmnQW0iqYgH0oe2B4WHeDBDmak1XGXPzY
mega.co.nz/#!zEdFWR5Q!p6O3PJTKEPBjqRcDXy-TVcVcGR0hAwb4905eWqEKt3I
store.steampowered.com/app/223710/
a.uguu.se/nutozg_cryoffear_setup1.0.exe.torrent
imgur.com/a/5jDr8
sli.mg/
archive.is/Avaq3
callofcthulhu-game.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i haven't played any horror game since Amnesia, quit half way through coz it was too spooky for me. About to try Nightcry.

I'll happily admit it can be scary in the first few hours, but the lackluster monster AI should quickly turn the attackers into a very predictable risk.

The ending to Justine was a major dickmove, though

I've discovered that the scariest part of games for me is sound. I'm hypersensitive to even moderately spooky sound design. I can't even play through fucking Doom or Quake because I'm too chickenshit. The furthest I've gotten in a horror game is a few minutes into Dementium: Remastered, and I felt like I was going to have a fucking heart attack the whole time.

If sound gets you, try "Sylvio". Lackluster in terms of gameplay and graphics, but you constantly have to run around recording EVPs, so the sound part definitely is there.

Currently playing trough Nightcry and Eternal Darkness.

Been thinking about going for Project Zero 4 once I'm done with these 2.

Is Nightcry any good? From what I've heard it's a buggy mess

Guess I've been lucky haven't had that much issues with bugs other that it sometimes crashes on launch.

But I've been enjoying it for what it is, wouldn't recommend picking it up at current prices tough. Unless you really want it.

white day?

I found Call of Cthulhu quite scary, particularly the hotel scene. Speaking of Lovecraft are the Loath Nolder games any good?

Has anyone tried Obscuritas ?

Been waiting on Asylum for fucking years, for one.

For a spiritual successor to F.E.A.R., Underhell was GOTY 2013.

Don't play the Thief duology, user, and especially don't play A Better Tomorrow.

The hotel scene was the highest point of the game, nothing else even comes close.

Even know I remember that experience fondly. That scramble to lock the doors and try to escape the hotel was single the highest-quality horror experience I've ever had.

You mean the Obscure games?

So far I'm playing Dead Space 1, The Evil Within, Corpse Party on PC, Condemned, and REmake.

Dead Space 1 is more fun than spooky right now, I seem to have way too much ammo and medkits. Then again I'm playing on normal.

Dropped Evil Within on Chapter 14, wasnt digging the switch to action and overabundance of stupid shit like traps and instakills. Shame since I love the art direction and the story kept me interested to play through it.

Only played 30 minutes of Corpse Party, but for an RPG maker/VN game its actually kinda spooky despite being anime shit.

Condemned is really ramping up the spooks with the crawling enemies. This is a huge improvement compared to FEAR.

REmake is fucking great, this is what I wanted from Evil Within. Hope REmake 2 is like this, though I'm skeptical. Also playing through Deadly Premonition on PC, but you know, its DP. Least its running at 60FPS.

Play on Hard or Impossible. Easy and Normal are meant for casual non-gamers who just want to "enjoy the story" and the game just throws piles of health and ammo at you. In hard/impossible (impossible in particular) you get a ridiculously solid survival horror experience where every bullet counts.

If anyones interested I'd suggest The Witches House, Ib and Mad Father for RPG Maker horror games. You can get a SNES emulator and play Clock Tower: The First Fear and imscared.exe and Irisu Syndrome are freaky games. All of these games are free.

No, I think people who want to develop horror games just don't know how to build atmosphere. That and most horror games are just knock-offs of famous horror games. First we had Ao Oni knock-offs, then we had Slenderman knock-offs and some people decided to just replace the model for Slenderman with Jeff the Killer and now we have FNAF knock-offs.

Agreed, the fact that you can essentially play peekaboo with the monster and have it act as if you aren't there kind of kills the tension in the main story.

Not really, the ship and the last levels were great.

Polyps scared the shit out of me.

I liked scratches for what it is. It was simple and effective with the horror, and the basement scare was one of my favorite spooks out of a lot of horror games.

If we're already talking RPG Maker, I can recommend "The Crooked Man" and "The Boogieman".

The same developer also did a "Sandman" game, but the latter only is scary at first and later develops as a much more comical tone.

>the basement scare

That scene made me shit an entire wall of bricks. Sadly the game really lives by its atmosphere mostly; the gameplay is extremely lackluster.

I can't help but feel that you're Cancer straight out of TV Tropes.

Now I'm curious. Just downloaded the gog version, lets see how spoopy this shit really is.

For some reason even though my browser supports APNG, that appears as a still image, even when opened in another tab.

Sage for off-topic.

I mean Obscuritas.

I've been sitting on The Cat Lady, Fran Bow, and Shadow of Destiny, planning to start one soon.

Should have been a movie or a visual novel imho. 2d walking simulators are the worst
walking simulators.

Is Fran Brow any good? Played the demo and liked the artstyle.

Horror is meant to repulse, unsettle and scare. Not necessarily all three at once, but at least one of them is needed for horror to work. Not all good horror games are scary, they can repulse you and make you uncomfortable.

As for me, I'm a big bitch with horror games. Headphones JUST fuck my shit up.

Speaking of horror games, anyone hear about that game called Back in 1995? I originally wanted to buy it, but then it costed 10 bucks and I hear I'm better off playing games actually made around that time like Alone in the Dark 1

Wouldn't know, like I said, planning to start it soon. I've heard comparisons to Lovecraft, which is what got me interested. I'll make a thread later on if it ends up being any good.

I think everything I've heard has been unflattering, which is a shame.

Play games from around that era. Haven't heard one good thing about that game.

Been wanting to play Corpse Party on PC, but it gives me runtime errors for some retarded reason.

Might just emulate the PSP version and stick with that, idk.

Chances are its another game with real-life actors that aged horribly.

If you're a buyfag (yeah, I know), the game recently came out on GoG. 17 bucks IIRC.

holy fuck the screams that guy makes
I hate having to compliment jumpscares, but some of the sounds in that mod were just damn spuky, like those guys in the asylum

The GOG version is the one i'm talking about that's giving me runtime errors.

Why the fuck have I not heard of this?

Huh. Normally they fix the games up to prevent that stuff.

At least you can still get a refund, assuming you haven't tried to fix the issue for 30 days straight.

It's a mess of a mod, but it has it's moments. It's like SH through the filters of RE and being an FPS. The sound design is really good, even if there is an overabundance of jumpscares. The best parts for me were the brief reprieves after the heavier nightmare sequences, especially with those melancholy tracks.

what? didnt that shit have puzzles and shit?

Get that shit out of here boy.

Whoever designed the menu color scheme needs to be taken out back and shot.

sometimes i tell myself that this earth cant be hell, but its getting harder to fool myself.

Sort of, but for the most part, they were rather simplistic.

The developers are Swedes, so its only a matter of time until that happens anyway.

I've been playing Outlast.
Although it looked good at first,it's quickly devolved into a jumpscaare shitshow where the player character constantly finds himself in increasingly bizarre situations. The tension is killed extremely quickly when you realize everything in the game can be outrun,because Miles Upshur runs like Usain Bolt.

Check out Grey. Made by the same people that made Cry of Fear and the like. Pretty fucking spooky since it uses updated everything. Nails Atmosphere though.

Grey was the one using source engine, right?

I believe so.

What's the game in the first picture?

Fucking sweden.

The only good thing Sweden as produced

What does the filename say?

Hey, don't shit on Swedish meatballs.

Can you stupid nigger read? Look at the filename.

S-sorry

RE0

Not actually spooky, but love the ambiance in Darkfall series and Scratches (replaying this one at the moment).

They comfy when I want to take a break from more intensive games.

Song of Saya will be right up your alley user. Roughly half or more of the atmosphere comes from the OST.

I dunno. I can respect classical Point & Click games like Scratches, but its game design occasionally is just plain bad.

I especially remember one scene where you where stuck in a nightmare and the game actually wanted you to go to bed. Yup, when I'm thinking I'm being chased by god-knows what kind of thing, the first thing I wanna do is go to bed.

I've played most horror games that people talk about. Can anybody tell me some other good horror games? I'm looking to get spooked.

Decided to restart cry of fear on easy to see if all of the awful, awful bullet sponginess would go away, and it did! I'm actually having fun now that I don't have to stab+dodge 10+ times to kill each enemy.

Whatever happened to horror games? They used to have very detailed, beautiful environments but nowadays: they're just shovelware cobbled together in Source with immaculate interior environments that have sparse, barebones decoration (Emily Wants to Play comes immediately to mind).

Whatever happened to beauty and substance? Whatever happened to art?

t-thanks

Oh yes. I greatly enjoyed both games. The first one specially.

Actually Imma post this in the share thread as well, but I'll leave it here for you.

Darkness Within 1: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder

mega.co.nz/#!vN8RVT4I!gxe3VcWvS39hpKoO4lHel5kBm65mH6j-njQAuUPAkns

mega.co.nz/#!LY9GwTaS!JS01YGHqH-lCNQqzzIHN3WVjHqhOk__WAbbYJRZPU0g

Password: www.intercambiosvirtuales.org

Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage Director’s Cut

mega.co.nz/#!KRMzxDgY!xtRGHxRtyqXmnQW0iqYgH0oe2B4WHeDBDmak1XGXPzY

mega.co.nz/#!zEdFWR5Q!p6O3PJTKEPBjqRcDXy-TVcVcGR0hAwb4905eWqEKt3I

Password: www.intercambiosvirtuales.org

Fucking journos man…

The scariest horror in videogames isn't in horror games.

ZombiU was mediocre

.chainsaw boss
sweden pls

I heard it was a broken pile of shit.

Would you say it's worth a pirate?

Dreadout is really underwhelming so far, I'm on the act 1 boss right now, does it get better?

It has been a while since I played that game. Aren't you supposed to do something special to damage him?

As for Zambi, at least for PC, it is extremely easy since they didn't really do anything to counter the fact you can actually aim unlike the WiiU one. I died once on the hardest setting and that was because I went full retard with explosives.

Headshoots deal double damage to enemies, so you simply need to aim properly. That being said, most enemies can be finished off in melee fairly quickly.

"Art" doesn't draw in 12-year-old kids who saw the latest Amesia lookalike on a Pewdiefuck video.

I think you have to shoot the chainsaw guy in the back. Unless its sawrunner, in which case I recommend RUN NIGGER RUN

Yes, though it never reaches the level of a true Fatal Frame.

Also, in case anyone wants to give the game a try, don't try to get the Ghostpedia entry for the giant whatsitsname. Reason being that, to do so, you need to let him kill you, but this somehow freezes the game because the screen fades to black, yet you don't transition into the ghost world.

Ayy

Playing at higher resolutions than the minimal one raised the game difficulty because of your running speed being relatively lower than intended. So all escape sequences could be unwinnable for some.

Tried the back thing, you were correct. Had him dead in ~30 seconds with the knife, and I'm still capped on ammo.

Really digging this mod. I'm sure I'll have it beat later tonight, are there many more like it?

Underhell if you havent played that. It is less horror (at least when not at the house) but still awesome.

Worth pirating if that's your thing.

Combat is mediocre and repetitive. But atmosphere is top notch.

I'm a fucking panzy, fuck horror games.
I found subnautica terrifying until I discovered the largest thing was tiny

iirc if you just walk he can't hit you.
He needs to stop before he swings so as long as you're moving he can't hit you, no need to run.

Has been a while since I last played the mod, but I think he still could kill you if you only walked instead of running.

Thanks user, downloading now.

I tried that a few months ago on recommendation from another horror thread. Seemed really cool, but I kept getting crashes that were wiping my saves, and then having to sit through all of the unskippable cutscenes after each crash was driving my crazy.

This and Last Survivor are the best thing about this game.

On topic, Silent Hill 2/3. Depending on who you ask one is better than the other and vice-versa. They're both the greatest Horror games of all time to this day though.

Fuck this guy in particular.

I dunno the last great Japanese horror was Siren on ps3, it was seriously amazing.
I bet my hard earned money on, because of sales of the game when it was initially released on psn the series got super screwed.

They had the episodic gimmick but did not have the network do it on, so you got all the episodes right away. Instead of what we got now, with those episodic games. Later a disc version came but it sold really badly and it was around the time where more action based games where the thing, most people consider Dead Space as a horror game even if that shit is just pure action.

The Siren as a series got super screwed.
I hope they will make another one, heck I hope that The Evil Within will get another shot.

I feel there are some metaphors in this.

Let me tell you about how fucked up Simon is…

Can we get some more webms?

I think the user is making them as he goes.

I've been shitposting in between segments, and I'm currently not sure where to go at this point after killing the flying chair monster.

The shovel seems to have disappeared, and the locked doors in the park are still locked.

Forgot to go down and check her body. Whoops.

i actually do too. the entire fucking game was almost acceptable - that intro sequence with all the threshing machine stuff in the walls, the comfy save room, the actually pretty neat crossbow, the almost-but-not-quite-interesting story. i think that's actually why i hate it so much - it's so close to being good that that somehow makes it even worse

I should have expected this.

Fucking hell. As obnoxious as it is, I can't help but love this shit.
Man, I remember the first time I saw one of those tallers. The HUGE fucking guys. I was just in total disbelief, opening that door and walking into that alleyway, seeing them at the end of it. First thing I thought to myself was that it had to be an optical illusion, was just a normal spoop at the end of the alleyway.

Seriously, fuck this guy in particular.

F U C K O F F
U
C
K
O
F
F

I didn't know this had multiplayer, I'll have to play through with a friend after I finish it.

Please no bully

I remember seeing Criken play it a long time ago and tried to do the same. Weren't able to get anywhere do to disconnects and the game being really bad with network play.

You could play the spiritual predecessor (dunno if that's even the appropriate term), Afraid of Monsters, also made by the same guy behind Cry of Fear. It's a bit more surreal than nightmarish, but it's still spooky as shit.

Also, you better keep updating us nigga. I'm going to personally hound you if you don't pick up the taclight later on.

Also also, since this seems to be a Cry of Fear themed horror thread at the moment I'd like to take a second to showcase how the music for the game had some serious inspiration in Yamaoka's Silent Hill compositions.

Seriously, that's some alternate nightmare level tier music in the embed

Currently lost as fuck.

I'm supposed to find 2 fuses, and it's telling me one is on Saxon street, but I've searched this top to bottom and haven't found dick. I also have a key to Ronald street (wherever the fuck that is) that doesn't seem to open any of the locked doors in the area.

Also fuck these box-headed assholes.

I HAVE THE POWER OF THE SUN.

The music really is fucking great, except when it starts playing that 'relaxing overworld' shit and then throws closet zombies at me anyway.

Proud of you, fam. The taclight is like the single most important non-essential item that can be found (that's not a secret item).

See if this was a triple A title it would have been all cutscenes and QTE's.

And there is no fear in those.

Are there any decent horror games on Steam?

I've played Amnesia and while it spooked me the first time around, I'm fairly jaded now. Machine for Pigs was a fucking joke. Resident Evil and Silent Hill games did nothing for me–never found them scary.

I'm a fan of Lovecraft psychological shit but there are a severe lack of games.

Any recommendations? My only real criteria would be games that don't revolve around jumpscares as the source of "horror" because they are just startling, not scary.

Was sick of having to dual-wield the phone, this light is so fucking good, I love it.

It really is refreshing compared to shit like Amnesia or Outlast where the optimal course of action is just sprinting past everything.

>free on the psn
Nice atmosphere, I'm getting spooked but the combat is shit

This is suffering.

I've been looking for a good horror game on Steam that isn't jump scare or walking sim bullshit, is that Black Mirror series any good? It's been on my wishlist for a bit. Been tempted.

Combat mediocre as fuck. But the ambience and atmosphere can't be matched. Nice touch with the radar, it fucks with your mind.

Finished Cry of Fear.

Besides the forest level and the very, very last level which were both irredeemably shit, pretty great game. I'd give it an easy 7.5/10, would definitely recommend.

Going to have a go at Zombi or Afraid of Monsters once I wake up, I'm fucking beat.

satu kali crot gopek aja bang

Cry of Fear is actually legitimately scary and has scary looking monsters.

And it's FREE.

How is white day?

anyone have that webm of the one game, that just crashes to desktop every time you open it and if after multiple repeats it gets worse and worse.

AoM was the better game atmosphere and story-wise imo, though CoF definitely had better mechanics.

The resolution thing caught me out a bit when I first played it, but then I hit a bug which made one of the levels unfinishable anyway.

There's an unofficial patch (technically, I think it was an .exe replacement) that sorted it out on both counts, so I started again, and finished with no issues.

I was absolutely shitting myself during the shoggoth chase.

I finished it unpatched in 1024x768. The last escape after electrocuting Mother Hydra was brutal.

Just realised, second time round, I got the exact same glitch that occurs in this video. Only I was playing alone, in the dark, so I yelled a lot louder than these guys did.

Such an unpolished gem of a game. Does anyone know if another Call of Cthulhu game is in the works? I know the two planned sequels got scrapped, but last I heard, there were murmurings of the possibility of making another attempt.

The scariest shit ever are horror segments in non horror games

Soon, hell will be a place on earth.

Did anyone else get their guts spooked off by CnC Renegade?

I can't be the only one, I loved the game when I was 12 but then I'd spot one of these guys and pause the game for 30 whole minutes.

Why do devs do this?

I beat silent hill last week and got the bad ending

I did decide to start Fran Bow and I am enjoying it so far. There's not a lot of traditional horror game tension that can be built in a point and click adventure, but the medication mechanic is pretty neat and it has a cutesy grotesque atmosphere to it.

Yeah, most people probably did their first time through. Not like it's a pain to replay, it's like a four hour game.

Neat intro, this might turn out to be great after all.

Confession time: I've completed Silent Hill 2 and 3 at least 4 times each, but have never played Silent Hill, despite having the complete NTSC-U Playstation library, and Mednafen's Retroarch core being all but 1:1 perfect emulation

I know I'm about to make some enemies of the SH3 fans, but I think the first one is the only one that was as good as 2. Or rather that SH2 was the only one as good as SH1.

I enjoyed 3 a lot. The fact that it starts with a blast and the unease only grows over time made me favor it over two and tie with one and it's iconic opening sequence.
Comparatively, it was smaller and had less area diversity, buy holy shit you could cut the atmosphere with a butter knife.

Wow, how spooky.

I tried the demo for this back when it was on Wii U and then forgot about it, I guess I should give it a pirate now that it's made its way to PC.

Franbow is a fucking cool game

I highly recommend it as a point and click to everyone here

It pulls no punches

Silent Hill 3 is more of an action game with a variety of enemies, weapons and boss fights. The controls are a little better but the puzzles are easier. The atmosphere is more aggressive than the previous two with loud noises everywhere and enemies in basically every room.

Silent Hill 1 was the most terrifying for me due to the darkness and the ps1 graphics made the game look more surreal. SH1 also had the most unique events in any of the SH games but that's more likely they were throwing as many ideas as they could in the first one because it was all sink or swim.

This whole thread and all this talk about sound and building tension but no one's posted anything related to Undying.

Also, Lone Survivor is pretty goddam cool and even though it's a little shorter than I'd have liked, it's really good.

one of those games i can play forever

tbh I found the asylum fucking terrifying, and to this day I still haven't finished it. (but I also lost lost my savegame) I should just start over, someday

(Talking about Underhell chapter 1)

You can take your time playing it, the other chapters are never coming out.

ftfy
I've saw batmanvsuperman and the first scene with the cops was spoopy

What was the name of that game that was on a ship and zombies were involved?

It's not Resident Evil Revelations, this one was for ps2 and xbox. I also remember trying to aim was a pain in the ass because the ship was moving a lot and your aim was off most of the time.

Cold Fear.

Another one that springs to mind is Cryostasis. It's kind of similarly themed, and plays like Condemned meets Cold Fear meets Das Boot.

Wow, it's startling to find another person with the same opinion as me.
SH1 really was the most terrifying, and SH3 I disliked because of its increased focus on combat and decreased focus on puzzles. Nothing wrong with a game like that, but this is Silent Hill, not Dino Crisis.

Getting flashbacks

ZOMBI feels a slower paced Dead Rising without the Borderlands loot and set in london, except you can't crouch or jump except in specific contextual areas (press E to crouch into that hole in the wall, press E to climb that ladder, press E to climb over that jersey barrier, you get the point).

Still, thus far it's not terrible and although the zombies can soak an obscene amount of abuse, to the point of having their entire skulls caved in and still coming at you, I'm having a decent time with it.

Came to post Undying, man, what a great and underrated game

What game is this?

store.steampowered.com/app/223710/

It's bretty gud.

My mistake for even daring to take a glance

The Room terrified the fuck out of me. I still have it on Xbox to this day and really am inclined to put it back in and play it again. God, that was by far my favorite of the series, as it was so incredibly surreal and dream-like (or nightmare like, actually).
I used to play it with a girl I was deeply in love with, only to have her disappear one day and never to hear from her again.

I sometimes wonder if this game has impacted my life in such a manner that it's altered my reality in a very berenstein way.
It would explain all the weird shit that's happened in my home.

The story honestly kept me playing, it didn't entirely tell you shit outright, but it gave enough clues through notes you pick up as well as cutscenes which help piece it together.

It just sucked that there was barely any puzzles and it couldn't help but turn into an action game, likely because of fucking Bethesda being the publisher and wanting the devs to make RE4 again.

What are the last two pics of fam?

That's becoming the new norm on Steam. Every now and then I'll check the community discussion board for a specific game to see if someone else has had the problem I'm having, and has fixed it, and I'll see multiple people exclusively posting with may-may arrows.

I think most of the people posting greentext reviews have never even been on a chan, and are simply posting in that style because they see others do it and get upboats on their reviews.

I don't know if these games are on steam, but do play Darkness Within 1 and 2. You can even download them for free right here:

If there was any proof of halfchan and fullchan it's stuff like this.

So anyways does anyone have Cry of Far in full? ModDB only has an http link instead of the full release like it used to.

Just download it off of steam. Crack it later.

I have a torrent for "cryoffear_setup1.0.exe", if I remember correctly this was a torrent someone made after the official link was leaked and slow as hell from their servers so a torrent had to be made so people could get it at all, it's not an official torrent but I remember verifying it with my exe and sharing it with friends since it was near impossible to get it directly at launch. It's 1.62GB in size but nobody is seeding it and I don't have a copy. Maybe you could search for that somehow.

a.uguu.se/nutozg_cryoffear_setup1.0.exe.torrent

Man, I remember when I was a wee little lad I would get scared shitless by games.

I remember when Quake 2 first came out and I played it for the first time. It took days to finish level one.
Enforcers are the scariest shit ever when you're 7 years old.

I make it a point not to use Steam.

I tried, but I can't find a non-steam version of 1.6.

Anyone played this?
I was interested but completely forgot about it
I just remember people saying it's RE4 on a ship

Alright nigga, maybe someone else will upload it for you, but not using a convenient download method and deleting it later just because "lol steeeem" is retarded and quite frankly, spoiled.

Polite sage because I got off-topic.

Pretty much, except it's better and it's the real Alone in the Dark 5.

It's made by some of the later Alone in the Dark devs. It isn't bad, the voice acting is rough and you'll hate the main character, but everything else is decent.

There are good action horror games, like The Suffering.

There are some Call of Cthulhu point and click games.

No Linux version and steam doesn't allow you to download the game files etc unless it's through a hybrid installation through the client. This is why I'm really starting to hate steam and have been buying more on gog and other competitors more and more.

Will wait on seed.

See… now we have to wait for a torrent for the files and crack… for a free to play mod.

Thanks, Valve.

Oy, that poor blote

Nigga what? Unless you mean the lack of a story made it better. AoM is fun though. Just filled with jump-scares, but the atmosphere is so nightmarish that it's almost redeemed. The half-life flashlight makes it scarier, especially in those open spaces where you can hear the twitchers running you down, gurgling; but you can't see but the barest glimpse of them

New mechanics!

Ah I see, you weren't there when Valve pushed for paid mods. If sticking to my principles is "spoiled" then you need a reality check, I know Steam is a convenient downloading tool you fucking Nigger, but using it is implicit in my support of whatever bullshit they pull with Steam and so I will not abide it.

Oh, I was there, and I fucking hated it as well, but unless you give money, you're not supporting shit.

know of any download links for it?
Also Parasite Eve 1 & 2 get a mention for neat monster designs

Why fault a marketplace for allowing a market? Was Valve even pushing for paids mods? I didn't follow that shitshow closely at the time but I thought the blame was on Bethesda. I don't think it's fair at ll to fault Valve for allowing things like that on their platform, that'd be like faulting Valve for allowing paid DLC on their platform, it's not like they're the ones making it and pushing it, the companies that make and market it do. It's not like Valve is responsible for Bethesda's decision to sell user created content. On top of that it seems like Valve reacted quickly and appropriately to the response of the market consumers. I really don't understand why people fault an entire marketplace for something like this just because it was allowed in their realm, as if some walled garden were only Valve is allowed to influence the market and not the other way around is somehow better or something, I just don't get it.

The people at fault should take the blame and the people at fault here seem to be Bethesda. Punishing Valve for having a platform open to change seems wrong, even if they were naive in thinking it was a good idea for the end users.

It seems really ignorant to cast blanket blames on something so wide, I could go beyond and say Bethesda as a whole isn't to blame obviously, it's only a part of the company, maybe marketing, maybe shareholders, I don't know but I think it's only fair to really analyze and understand something like that before throwing blame around to the biggest or closest face you see.

On one hand, the broken physics are hilarious.

On the other, fuuuuuuck this damage sponge shit.

That game made me sad. I was hoping for a good zombie game and ended up being bored out of my mind.

What happened to scary zombies? I replayed Thief gold and those Zombies were way scarier.

I played a demo of Thief back in the 90s, I remember it had some kind of obstacle course .

I've beaten Deadly Shadows which was great, and THI4F which was pretty terrible. I have Thief Gold on Steam, but I've never even installed it. If I don't end up finishing ZOMBI, which seems pretty fucking likely because I'm tabbing out and shitposting for ~15 minutes after every 5 minutes of the game I slog through, I'll give that a go.

I probably shouldn't have played Cry of Fear first. That set my expectations way too high.

I was playing CoF. I think I acquired the gun, and then got lost in that apartment somehow.
I'll retry it. Been needing some good horror. Movies are okay, but I'd like more. If you want a over the top movie I'd recommend brain dead.

Thief is pretty good. The things that will make your skin crawl aren't a main focus. It's still a game with fantastic gameplay either way.I finished ZombiiU on the PC, and was utterly disappointed by it. My love of zombies was the only reason why I kept playing it. I found it far too easy, and slow paced really. Even foraging is meaningless, as I don't need day to day things or something. The game is go here, do this, go here do this. Oh yeah fight club Which is the only place I died my whole game due to how retarded that whole thing was then the game ends. And it's essentially an Englishman yelling at me the whole time.

Why fault a Factory for dumping toxic shit into your water, they produce products for you to buy!

It was all Valve with Gabe shilling for it, they are constantly searching for new methods to nickel and dime you with Steam. Bethesda just made use of an offer from Valve and they are not the only one who would like to see such an offer again.

They probably could end this shit by not allowing it on their platform, its their Ecosystem, they ARE responsible for all the shit that happens in it.

It is their house, their rules, any bullshit that is allowed is on them. Valve is in a position where they don't need to suck the dicks of Publishers, Publishers need to suck their dick.

They only stopped it, because they were getting sued by modders who had their content stolen and sold.

You get the first handgun from the corpse hanging in the ceiling which also drops a key. You'll find lots of doors you can't go through, ones that say 'locked' instead of 'broken/smashed/etc' can almost always be opened with a key. I say almost because on my playthrough I found a handful of locked doors that I never found a way to unlock, but it's possible that they were optional areas and I just missed the keys.

I love zombies. I really, really do, but I don't think I've ever played a such a low energy zombie game.

What kind of point are you trying to make with this? The thing I'm complaining about is the opposite, people will quickly blame *insert any storefront name* when a factory upstream is to blame. It's like when people fault Apple for using Foxconn when Foxconn is the one with unethical practices. I don't get why everyone is so quick to throw the blame downstream.

Valve controls 1 outlet on the PC platform which in turn is only 1 platform of the available gaming platforms. It's anything but "their house" or "their rules", again you act like they're the ones producing the things you don't like just because they distribute them, choosing not to play ball with actual producers is a quick way to fall out of the market. If they refused to sell such things why would anyone decide to partner with them?

I think you're delusional, Valve relies on third party products to stay alive. What's going to support them if they piss off publishers and publishers choose any of the other marketplaces or do the hip thing now which is make your own (Origin, Unreal's thing, Uplay, any of these free to play launchers that sell in game content on it for 100% of the profit).

How can you make such a claim like that, do you work for them?

Yeah. Zombi U was bland. Take it out of the gimmicky control scheme it set up for the Wii u and it becomes too easy. The end credits have you escape practically dozens of the zombies. Where the fuck was that in game? That's what you coulda did to make it more horrifying. Increase the enemy count.

Obscure series
Siren
Layers of Fear
SH3
Clock Tower series
worlds

all extremely good shit

Because the storefront is to blame for selling trash to the consumer and not caring about the sources from which they get their products.

The true customer of the factory is not the consumer, its the storefront. As long as the storefront is happy to buy from the factory, they continue to produce shit and poison the environment.

This is why boycotting to buy a product from publisher X doesn't work out most of the time, they already sold their stuff to the retailers, they already have the money.

Correction, Valve controls the Nr.1 outlet on PC, that is so big it has almost a complete monopoly on it. They can demand things from publishers, because publishers are forced to cooperate with them, if they want to maximize their profits on the PC platform.

Valve on PC is like Nintendo and later Sony during the 90s. They owned the console with the biggest consumer base and as such 3rd party developers were forced to produce products that complied with Nintendos and Sony's quality standards, even if they didn't like it.

This is wrong, Valve relies on the consumer to stay alive. Steam got big because they had their own popular games and a good engine, which supported and allowed Modders to do their own thing and Steam made it more easily to find Mods and install them.

The downward spiral for Steam started, when they stopped giving a shit about the quality of games that were published on their Platform, first for 3rd party developers, then the flood of unfinished Indy shit through Greenlight and Early Access. Now the fucktards want to leech of the Modders work, which made them big and popular in the first place.

We know from leaks that they want to try again with paid mods, but they wait on the result of the court cases and how man Modders actually sue them for having their shit stolen and sold on Steam.

Also, your inventory often has notes on the key. That one in particular I remember having a tag on it

Undying was a great horror action game, like FEAR. Not very frightening but it set a great fun tone, and Clive Barker did a really good job capturing the feeling of his horror stories in the game. It has the uncertainty and discomfort of horror but unlike most writers/designers he doesn't isolate the protagonist in a world of horror, there are other living breathing agents which go through the story with and around you.

Jericho was fucking awful though. Where did it all go so WRONG

Layers of Fear was great but the overuse of baby doll horror was crap. I guess you have to actually have a kid to be scared of that stuff. I do however love architecture/geometry warping as a level mechanic, and there were some really good uses of it. Particularly the looping corridor where you'd walk backwards through it to bring the phone back up onto the table, since it falls off when you walk passed it. There was one part where I walked into a room with four doors, all locked including the one behind me, I could tell what would happen eventually so I looked up to the ceiling and started walking backwards so I could get the whole room in frame, curious if I'd be able to see when the level transitioned. But I ended up walking backwards into another room that had just appeared behind me.

Having an actual objective that the player was aiming towards, in finishing the painting, was odd. I ended up just blowing through most of the spooky stuff once I got half way through because I just wanted to finish my painting. I was giving it a lot of shit for being too apparent in that you couldn't lose but when I got to the ending and the painting went bad I was surprised.
I was the one being played all along and bringing the player right back to where they started with the punchline "you've already done this hundreds of times none of this is new and you didn't achieve anything" was a great way to sign it off.

The entire internet is just one big horror game.

What's the password for this?
I figured it was cafecomp1 as the username and 14 in the password, or admin. I was wrong.
I mean, I know it doesn't matter. I just like to access and read everything.

Never mind me. I'm retarded. I though it was some one off thing.

I enjoyed this game quite a bit, a played on the Xbox hueg.

Anyone ever play Extermination on the PS2? Its an early launch game with really bad voice acting, horrific graphics and questionable end credit music but its really atmospheric and had a fascinating infection system.

I saw that once before. I was gonna try it. How does it run on PCSX2?

I use to have this game
I'm not sure if I was trash or if the game was just hard but I certainly remember getting my ass kicked plenty

Runs ok except the FMVs from what I recall.

To be fair, Undying was not all that horrifying.

Then again, I've only recently come to play it, so it may simply have aged poorly.

Games don't age

The old graphics makes it more disturbing because your imagination needs to fill in the blanks, at least in my opinion.

The game in general wasn't too spooky. The first part of the game was creepy, but it later became nothing more than another shooter. A fun one, but another shooter in the end.

Didn't know about this game. I'll check it out user, thanks.

How is Silent Hill 4? I read a lot of mixed views on it since it's allegedlly a good horror game but not a good SH game. I like the look of it but I'm not sure if I should skip 3 for it since it also has little ties to the previous games whereas 3 does have ties to 1.

Does it also have spooky ghosts in it?

Not horror, but you have top-tier taste. Also goes by the title Dead Alive.

its okay, but by no means as good as the three previous titles.

You can tell Team Silent was getting pretty experimental by that pointand wanted to try out some new things, so don't expect a game quite like the first three. It's still good.

Hide is a neat game. Lots of atmosphere and tension, pretty short though.

OH SHIT

Sorry for linking to imgur, but this is a game called Ghost Theory, where you join a university's paranormal research team to explore variations of real life paranormal stories. You're just there to collect evidence as far as I know, rather than going 2deep4u mega story.

imgur.com/a/5jDr8

I am playing the first game, I am at the second castle now. If you played games such as Syberium or The Longest Journey then you know how the gameplay is. If you haven't then it's a 3D point and click adventure game, you move the cursor where you want the character to go, solve puzzles and collect items to progress trough the story. You won't progress unless you have collected all the items and solved all the puzzles. There are very few instances that will result in game overs, and they are quite obvious such as you will die if you touch the uninsulated high voltage cable. The puzzles are standard, nothing to write home about. The scenery is beautiful, and thankfully the game features a button that highlights all the exit points and a button that skips animation to make traveling a lot more bearable(you will backtrack a lot of times especially when you don't know where to go). Oh, something I should tell you, always use both left click and right click as they do different things(left click uses an item, looks at an item or picks an item, right click inspects an item). The story is interesting, uncovering the truth behind your fathers mysterious death and the mystery that surrounds your family. The one bad thing I can say about the game is that the acting is bad, and when I say bad I mean boring bad. I saw some gameplay footage of it's sequels and the acting seems to have become even worse. My favorite moment was when you solved the riddles that protected the tomb of the first member of your family.

I loved the sight mechanics, showing what is truly going on in the world. Looking at the giant family portrait just to see the upstanding gents and lasses turn into their boss counterparts.

Yeah, that's not coming out. Reminds me of that SCP style business management game that died in crowdfunding hell too.

DreadOut: Keepers of the Dark got me pretty spooped, mainly because the "combat' is so fucking terrible

that's horrifying alright, but not horror

Also getting sick of little girl ghost, stretchy scream, spooky face.

Aww man, no taking advantage of her tongue is fucking criminal.

Use SteamCMD. It allows you to force-download shit.

Uninstalled ZOMBI, couldn't stand it anymore. There is no crouching or stealth system, so you're forced to fight 90% of the zombies, but melee damage is so low and ammo so scarce that you can't go full RIP AND TEAR either. You just slowly and methodically club sparse handfuls of zombies to death.

What a terrible game.

Just started Afraid of Monsters, and holy shit they came a long way from this with Cry of Fear.

I just double checked, and apparently there's a better 'director's cut' version, so I'm installing that now.

Damn I never played the OG AOM so I didn't know how many changes they made from that to Director's Cut.

That cutscene was almost remade from scratch it seems (mostly textures, models, animations, UI and the level design).

My gf got me Layers of Fear saying its one of her favorite games of all time, and I'm honestly sold on it. The devs were really fucking clever with anticipating what the player would do. The secrets play into this really well, for example, you walk into an empty room, only to find the door has disappeared behind you. Looking around the room (or just spinning in the center of it) has one of the walls become a yawning breach into an unlight passageway. The players natural instinct would be to walk through the hole to get out of that room and continue on, but if you were to turn around again, you see a door on the opposite wall, with a key inside.

There are some really lackluster scares in it, as one user already mentioned with the dolls, but the game is just so god damn clever overall. Helps that I'm a sucker for classically styled horror paintings.

The 'training' level is completely different, and here's the new intro for a side by side.

For some reason during cutscenes the letterboxing only covers half the screen.

I have no idea what's going on.

Really though? Renegade?

I was legit spooked by it once though in custom made level that was a haunted house.

Hide is about 5 years old, and before hipster walking simulators had taken off fully with Dear Esther a year after alongside Amnesia a year before its release.

The game itself is 'okay', but nothing special. It's incredibly short(five minute experience, tops), and I think the dev said it was a school project or something.

Did I fuck up? I don't have a flashlight and I absolutely can't see anything.

Is there a standalone version of afraid of monsters?

Don't think so, both the original and the director's cut appear to require half life.

My absolute nigga

I like it how in RE4 you could see some enemies at a distance, really grounded the world

I've spent most of these threads recommending
Good to see it wasn't in vain
Anyone play Seven Days Salvation?
Where do I get it?

The first part of pic related, holy shit.

i WANT TO REPLAY sILENT hILL 1 BUT then I REMmeber the COmbat is DOgshit

Playing it now. It's so fucking clunky. But I never beat it when I was younger. Only beat 3 multiple times and most of 4.

What the fuck is wrong with your keyboard?

Did you try Google? Second result.

What the fuck?

Afraid yet?

Somewhat. I relaunched and got the options working. What's the best stuff under advanced options to disable for a toaster?

But that's the point you bloody poofs. Go play homecoming if you want "better" combat.

I just don't like the tank controls. I can deal with most everything else, but walking is ridiculous.

Wouldn't know nigga. I don't remember the options there. Send a screenshot and I'll gladly help you out.

Keep going and get used to it. You'll come around.

I don't think it matters at this point. Disabling grain makes the game run fine. Now it just keeps getting all sorts of fucked up in the menus. Cutting off parts of the screen by shifting everything down or left. Loading duplicates of the escape pasue menu. It often likes to think the main menu is behind everything and that I clicking new game, load game, co-op, etc. The complaints I see all say it's buggy as fuck.

I selected the notebook from my tab pause screen and couldn't exit it. Then shit got fucked up and I closed the game with task manager.

Otacon is that you?

Shitsauce.

Can't help you there bro.

Man, i saw some shit.

Seems like I'm gonna need a phone or a dogoo

The Walking Dead: Survival Something with the Dixon brothers. Was boring as fuck, but with a few neat ideas like Zombi.

Use SLiM, it's a reformed Slimgur. Like Imgur, but without the Reddit and autistic Imgur community shit. Game looks awesome though.
sli.mg/

I've been playing the PC (2014) version of it lately, aside from some minor QTE bullshit from the frame tied game logic, it's really fun. For a game so lacking in the horror it's predecessors had, it's atmosphere is phenomenal and certain enemies like Regeneradores/Iron Maidens and U3 are fucking terrifying.

Problem with Obscure is that is first game in its original version suffers from Starforce.

They even programmed a bug into the game, where you can't solve a puzzle with a fridge, if the game notices that you are using a cracked version or use a no CD patch.

No Idea if that has been fixed by pirates.

The original was made when the dude was like 14. Don't know all the changes, but I do know weapon placement is different. Probably more endings

I'm trying to find footage of the scene, but all youtube has to offer is player getting uncomfortable with the atmosphere. Is there a jump scare or something? Because if so, no one has recorded it

I think SH4 is underrated, while it has some issues it also brings quite a lot of new interesting concepts.
It has spooky ghosts.

I say its a fucking shame there aren't more shooter like Undying.

The spells have different effects on different enemies, like the spell that is used to turn skeletons into dust, can be used to force the gypsies to commit suicide.

You travel back in time, to steal a blood drinking scythe from a bunch of monks, so that you can kill a vampire chick with it.

And its the only game that I know of, where you enter a nightmare realm full of bird demons, which ends with you having a flying duel with a wizard atop a pyramid.

You can play it on PC with KEmulator.

Indeed.

HOTWHEELS

Yes, I don't know how you missed the flashlight since it was in one of the rooms you had to go through in order to get into the basement.

Check over one of the beds in the room next to the one where you have to go out a window

What is the scariest game you've ever played? I've played Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Slender, Corpse Party, Amnesia, The Witch's House…
None of it can scare me. Is there anything potentially scary coming out soon?

8ch dropped my sick pepe.

Eventually found it, that room is really, really, really dark.

I cleared what I assume was the entire hospital, found some tiny conference room, got a fucked up cutscene that was just static, and then spent 2 hours (rolling back my save when I'd run out of batteries and be stuck in complete darkness) searching the hospital top to bottom without finding anything, and eventually just uninstalling.

That was disappointing.

Have you ever played the first two Penumbra games (overture/black plague)?

No, I figured they would be very similar to Amnesia.

SCP containment breach makes me uneasy in the right atmosphere, you can try that glitchy ass game if you want user.

I found them to be much better than Amnesia and Outlast. Towards the end of Black Plague there is a true HOLY SHIT FUCK FUCK FUCK scene that is better than the entirety of Amnesia and Outlast combined.

Though very limited, you can also fight back in Penumbra. This gives you more of a last resort, as panicking under pressure is better than waiting to die like in Amnesia.

I will give Black Plague a shot, then. Thanks for the suggestion.

I would recommend you do Overture first, since BP is a direct sequel and the story is surprisingly interesting.

BP also mixes up the mechanics from Overture and changes up the playstyle, so it feels new and exciting.

Hey fam, what would be the best way to play the Silent Hill games ?

I never played them and I'm wondering what my options of playing them are ?

Could start out with 2 which is a standalone title and very easy to get into, to gauge your response to the series.

Pathologic and its high-concept eldritch horror probably comes out on top for me, although I don't think you can top SH2 when it comes to visual and sound design.

Even as a huge SH2 fag I absolutely recommend starting with the first one instead.

^ this

I only had 2 fears of as a kid
Cuccos and Monster-Ock

This reminds me of the scarecrow section in Arkham Asylum.

oh shit I remember monster ock that shit scared the piss out of me

The best part was the invincibility cheat didn't work on him.

It took me years to get the balls to beat the game on hard without cheats, and it was one of the most cathartic things I ever did.

then I became a try hard who beat DMC3 vanilla on DMD and Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 on Master Ninja

Shame, that's the only part of the game that obnoxiously convoluted. The rest is relatively straightforward.

Sweet Home is still unrivaled. Best fucking horror game I ever played.

I'M A VAMPIRE I SHOULDN'T BE SCARED OF GHOSTS WHAT THE FUCK

One of my favorite parts in the game. I found the paguebearer quests and the horror tape house pretty spooky too.

FAREWELL

I really loved that. First time I see him portrayed as some crooks and cops probably perceive him: as something that may not be even human.

Playan RE origins collection re1 right now, disapointed about the dialogue

As much as I loved the trip down into your average /r9k/ user's basement, that reveal is better because of it being in a non tutorial level making you work for your suspenseful buildup and payoff.

Garry's Mod RP, of any sort, is a constant horror story.

I just learned about this game, and after watching a walkthrough, it may be one of my favorite things ever. Has anyone played this???

I still have my copy, its a really good horror game.

This is one of those games that would be impossible to make nowadays. Just look at this fucking cutscene.

There's also an ending that to get it you need let your friends die and for every dead friend the character you're forced to use loses pieces of clothing till she's wearing practically nothing.

I see you user:

Also that's some advanced fucking autism. My only spooky Gmod experience was back when it was still free, and some nigger joined my game, spawned a black cube, gravity gunned it at me and fucked up my game. Everything was wireframed, all of my keybinds and settings were fucked, and it kept playing this really, really loud HL2 song on repeat.

KTG is the best group clearly.

But yeah, I have seen plenty of fucked up things in GMod.

Recently, I found out that a criminal organization. like a legit mafia group, is using items in most Valve games in order to launder their money, while also at the same time hiring GMod builders to build stuff to sell to kids through "GMod Contraption!" sites based in Russia.

I started playing through Harvester again. Unfortunately, I already know how to beat the puzzles, so I'm getting this weird feeling like my mind is metagaming on it's own. It's kind of killing the experience for me.

I can't remember if it was this or Silent Hill, but one of these was my first horror games.
God the memories of killing the first chainsaw boss in that town is coming back to me.
Who else was spooked beyond spooked when that big mofo started breaking down the windows and his squad was trying to hold you down?

yo Holla Forums, should I play silent hill form the first game, or is there no point in playing the first ones?
what would you recommend I start with?

My favorite part about the game is how every level got 10 times weirder than the last… until fucking toyhunter, when suddenly we're in the most insane, surreal, nonsensical thing I've ever fucking seen, that's possibly one of the most out of place things I've ever seen.

God damn this game is an insane masterpiece. I'm surprised it isn't one of the biggest cult classics of all time. Maybe it's a bit TOO weird for that.

Wouldn't surprise me, I know they've been talking about people using shit like Second Life to money launder for over a decade.

Post more spooky autism stories, user.

Start with 2. It's fucking incredible and it's not a sequel to 1 (3 is).

Playing Deadly Premonition right now. It's really comfy, though I wonder when the PC port is supposed to fuck up, it only crashes when I alt-tab.

Also I wonder how you're supposed to do some sidequests, I hear there's this one crawling enemy in chapter 2 that fucks you up if you aren't prepared.

How was that game? I've heard its a fucking crazy FMV.

alrighty, two it is

Isn't two the home some glorious soundtracks, I think this is one of them.
Holy fug the emotional roller coaster that is to ensue

Shattered Memories is a completely independent thing, and way different than the other silent hill games, but still my personal favorite of them.

Thanks for the input

That one's from SH1, but 1 and 2 both have incredible soundtracks.

Jesus the first few seconds in and I'm loving these jams.

It's a great game. It gets a bit not-great once the game creates a bigger focus on combat, but the game is still worth it for the atmosphere, the writing, the b-movie corniness, and the top-tier music.

It just kind of fucks up whenever it feels like. I remember the first few times I played it on my old laptop, and every time it actually bluescreened the fucking thing.

The Hotel is seriously overrated, imho. Half of it is just jumpscares in the form of random items being thrown at you.

DreadOut and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Silent Hill 1 is a scarier game than 2, and is absolutely worth playing. It even has better combat, somehow.

Play them in order of release
1 is spooky, 2 is depressing and spooky, 3 is scary spooky, and 4 is not a silent hill but it's like a spooky murder mystery. Of all the games to make movies of, 4 is really good for it, if you got Kubrick or del Toro to make it. Anyway, after 4, play shattered memories, since that's alright, and then appreciate how awful downcomming and homepour are

I live on a military base and honestly it feels as comfy here. I just walk around all day and sometimes it will start raining randomly or I'll just bullshit with someone walking up the road

Ignoring the fact that "cult classic" has been corrupted into becoming a meaningless marketing label that your readily using; media that has a cult following is never, as a rule of thumb, going to be popular until several decades later and even then that's not a guarantee. Especially now that "cult classic" has been, as mentioned before, corrupted into being a descriptor for something that is weird and quirky instead of simply being something with a small but very dedicated fanbase (a cult following).

Could you please fill me in on this title? Googling "worlds" and "horror game" (and several other similar combinations) isn't working out.

sorry the flying baby bossfight was only scray for the first 10 plus tries. then it became a frustrating grindish thing.

also what is the dev of COF doing these days? has he disappeared? damn swede cuck

Lastly, they better get the re2 remake right or im gonna go full jihad at crapcon hq

also can we please have some fran bow r34?

Eheheh. archive.is/Avaq3

inb4 it's basically just a longer version of Leon and Helena's campaign in 6

Google "berenstein bears conspiracy". It's a fun read.

we all know that if it doesnt have the fixed camera angles everything else is probably gonna wind up shit right? id say the camera angels is gonna be the first give away as to whether or not were in for a good game or a sack of kiddy action hero shit

At this point in development I'm sure they're already 100% set on one path or another, so the question is, why aren't they releasing that info.

The cynical part of me wants to say that if it was fixed, they'd be mentioning that in the interviews to hype up the core audience, so it must be OTS, right?

But the optimistic part of me saw that same thing being said with DaS3, where everyone was asserting that it was going to be 30fps with denuvo because they hadn't mentioned anything to the contrary, yet on release it had neither of those things.

Maybe it'll be good after all.

there are infact two potential walking simulators in the works. I praying they will still feature some form of combat but im guess its not too likely given modern affairs… i think one is just called call of cthulu and the others name i cant recall atm

your post is giving me a bad feeling m9. tbh im not really going to be that suprised if they just completely cuck my shit up after re6. i havent tried revelations 2 yet though… how was it in the scary department? how much glaringly immersion breaking shit was in it?

Don't know, I have thus far resisted RE:R 2.

I'll get it when they release complete edition for

There is. Here:
callofcthulhu-game.com/

Nothing much has been announced yet, but the lead designer is one of the writers of the original pen-and-paper Call of Cthulhu rpg. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Thanks, nice catch.

I accidentally stumbled across this CoC-related screencap in my labyrinthine folders from a couple of years back, too.