Post Sequels Better Than the Original

Post Sequels Better Than the Original

That isn't prequelkino

If it came out after the first movie then it is a sequel. No matter the in universe timeline.

Actually, you're not in charge of language, so you don't get to make that call. Take your autistm elsewhere, champ.

All "prequels" are, by definition, essentially sequels in that they "expand on a previous or preceding work.

why don't you just post trollface at this point

He's actually wrong. Prequels and sequels are different things.

Any movie which was made after follows the original movie is a sequel. Sorry.

What a fucking shitpost. Sage in all fields. Fuck yourselves Denis and Ryan

Except if it's a fucking prequel

You are wrong.

great argument, retard

Already made my argument which you have yet to refute. You are wrong.

You didn't make an argument that supported your statement. No, you are wrong

Listen prequels expand on existing work, therefore they are sequels. This makes sense. I may have autism, but I proved you wrong completely through my faultless logic. I win. I am a winner.

Prequels take place before the original work, sequels take place afterwards. This is not a minor distinction.

You must stop replying now. I won this argument. I am a winner. Prequels and sequels will forever be the same thing. They are interchangeable. I win. I am a winner in this argument. You can no longer respond.

I did. In universe timeline is meaningless to the real world. If a movie is made after the original movie then it is a sequel. The only reason we have the word prequel is so audiences know it is earlier in the in universe timeline. Unless we invent time travel and retroactively make the sequel before the original then it will always be a sequel.

Taking place before and taking place after are completely different concepts.

Only in universe. In the real world the "prequel" was made after the original. It is a sequel.

No they are not. For them to not be the same, fiction would have to be real, and then you would require a time machine to prove your hypothesis that a film taking place before another film actually happened. As stands, this is a perfect argument and you must now stop responding for I have won this thread.

You're making no sense.

Everything I say has perfect logic it to it. You would need a time machine to prove me wrong.

There's no logic to that at all.

My logic is infallible. Sequels are prequels. Prequels are sequels. This thread is now over, for I have won this thread.

Pretty sad that you are reduced to this and have still yet to explain how I am wrong.

Sequels are prequels. Prequels are sequels. They are one in the same. I am the thread winner. You do not own a time machine, you cannot prove me wrong. I have won the thread.

Strawmanning my position does not shore up your own and mostly shows you have nothing left but juvenile nonsense. Thanks for playing.

You have still not proven why prequels are not sequels. There is no sequence of events in film. It's all in your head. Now begone with you and your terrible arguments. There is no such thing as a prequel, and there never will be.

One of you is the "Indiana Jones is not a trilogy" guy, but I can't figure out which.

Post when OP is a faggot and should go back to reddit.

Blade Runner 2049, one of the greatest sequels of all times.

You first

great meme

Says the living meme.

reddit

That isn't Return of the Jedi.

The only reason people say it's the best is because it's one of the two films in the series Lucas didn't direct and the other one has Ewoks which everybody hated.

I think it's a pretty good pleb detector. If someone says ESB is the best or only good Star Wars you know you have a redditor and a cuckold enthusiast on your hands. If they say Disney garbage then you know you can't fuck that girl legally. If they say the prequels and AotC in particular you know you have found a fellow intellectual which whom you can discuss philosophy and avant-garde kino with.

Amen. Capped for posterity.

Blade Runner 2049 is truly a great cinematic achievement.

episode 6 was better

I liked the Eqoks. Hating Ewoks is a reddit meme. No one in isolation says "I hated the Ewoks", the people who do say they hated them heard this from somewhere and made it their own opinion.

Blame Clerks

I just enjoyed ESB the best. No conspiracy necessary. You can call my taste shit if you like but I still like it the best.

I only bring them up when i'm arguing with prequel hating redditors who drone on and on about "muh JarJar" and the Gungans as if the OT didn't have silly things like a Wookie growling every 3 minutes and the Ewoks.

Well considering Kevin Smith is "Reddit:The Director" your basically blaming the same thing.

i'm gonna cap your mom's ass you dicktaster

'''pre•quel (ˈpri kwəl)

n.
a sequel to a film, play, or piece of fiction that prefigures the original, as by portraying the same characters at a younger age.

[1970–75; pre- + (se) quel]'''

He's right you know. When you saw the movie as a kid, the Ewoks were great.

They love most star wars films and would never say the series is shit or not good which they would if they implied ESB was the only good film (which it is) ANH is kind of shitty but watchable do 1 and a half.

What's up, reddit. Got any new quipkino?

People will never know the made for TV kino that is Ewoks the Battle for Endor.