Rick and Morty

Newest episode just came out, its pretty good.
Closest you'll get to what made the first Season pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailybeast.com/rick-and-morty-creators-how-hiring-female-writers-made-season-3-the-best-yet
8ch.net/tv/res/851800.html
youtu.be/T2g1y8hO8Cg
destyy.com/q8nI8K
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

REDDIT AND MEMEY

Fuck off, shill. Go drown in your shitty Mulan meme sauce with a Pickle Rick up your ass as shitty hipster music plays to help you pretend that it's a deep an meaningful gesture.

It was better than recent episodes, but it still doesn't make up for them.

You rang?

Considering its popularity I'm actually surprised they don't pander to normalfags as much as they could.
Like, Seth McFarlane tier shit

Fair enough, I still think they were decent even if subpar in comparison with other better episodes.
besides Wakfu its the only shit worth watching though, until Bojack

My sides

I like that they are doing a linear story, it gives me something solid to hate

I don't It is total antifa sjw kool-aid with a dash of bestiality, incest, pedophillia and other assorted degeneracy

The show sucks is for cucks and hasn't been funny since the fist season

obligatory reddit spacing for your gay post. Kill yourself faggot.

I came here because I didn't dislike the last episode. Can we still talk about it?

No.

In the context of the series how does it even make sense that a society of ricks would elect a morty even as a joke political figurehead? That's some real character inconsistency.

The idea that Rick planned to kick out Jerry is stupid because it relies on Rick thinking that Jerry would grow a spine.

Sure

It's not a Morty.

Same reason the big figureheads once let a nigger become president:
With the intent of keeping a firm grip on these savages' balls.

Seems to me like Evil!Morty reflected more the election of a big name Democrat rather than President Trump's.

Yeah, very weird that for once the episode was pretty good. But it still won't salvage the series as a whole and the fact that it's just recycling plots left and right. Best thing about it was probably acknowledging Evil Morty still exists.

The rayciss subtext was definitely there but the r/the_donald sperging is unfounded. I was wondering if they'd go with that angle though, don't get me wrong, I just don't see it, since they establish that there's an oligarchy of (((puppeteer Ricks))) who're okay with whomever gets in office and even then, in the end the one that gets elected and transforms it into an autocracy is the one you're emotionally driven to support.
By the way, isn't it pretty funny that as long as they had a dictatorial government they were killing much less of their own than during a pseudo-democracy? Isn't that quacking crazy?

One of the few things that aren't retardedly broken in canon but stays consistent regardless of writer is that all the Ricks that stayed behind within the Citadel are supposedly the dumbest of them all, even if they still have "muh genius IQ". That they would make a retarded choice because of arrogance is a give, literally any story involving them shows exactly that.

Pretty much any plot after the first half of Season 1 has been like that. Beforehand, it was just Rick being aloof and drunk but also ingenious, Morty a great listener and occasionally growing balls and everything in-between was actual sci-fi. Plots nowadays are like this:
I miss when it wasn't corporate entertainment

I'm loving this season so far. It has been pretty clever but my soft spot has got to be the background/world art. I dunno why many of you care about who or what group likes this show. It's an entertaining cartoon and that's all that matters.

What's the cartoon on the right of the second image?

Good shit faggot

Xavier: Renegade Angel
Its just a "le randum funny" as Rick and Morty but its not popular so its ok.
Its good, go watch it faggot

So this president Morty must be the cyborg Morty that controlled the Rick and was the real villain back in season 1 or 2 when he created that huge dome with tortured Morties. Right?

Who gives a shit?
This show was never meant to be consistent
Lorefags should be gassed

I watched it. I found the whole thing kind of confusing and poorly thought out. Seemed like an excuse for them to stretch out a single gag where everyone in the city was "a Rick" or "a Morty" and it stops being clever pretty quickly. It's even stranger when you realize that everyone on the citadel chose to live there and didn't just grab their portal gun and fuck off years ago.

Combine that with the fact that they have a Bioshock Infinite-tier understanding of the Many Worlds Theory, and it gets even worse. Ignoring that the whole fucking place exploded, shouldn't there be an infinite number of Citadels across an infinite number of universes? Considering it's full of Rick, a guy that's supposed to be the smartest, most dangerous man in the universe, how the fuck would so many of them end up on the Citadel doing stupid shit like being an assembly line worker. How the fuck wouldn't any of them come up with a device that does all that stupid shit for them? Rick is such a hedonistic, nihilistic sociopath that I can't imagine that millions of alternate versions of him would agree to a shittier version of Earth society, but only populated by identical copies of himself.

There are many kinds of Ricks, so there are a lot of cowardly and dumb Ricks who agreed to the Citadel bullshit.

So why use Ricks? Why not just have fucking robots? Or if that worries you just menial workers.

It's just stupid. It works as a nice one off gag, but the Citadel makes less and less sense the more you think about it.

Could have been populated with Jerries, or even just have it be a whole Earth where a coalition of Ricks invaded and conquered the planet, creating a stratified culture where Ricks are the highest class, Morties come second, followed by Beths and Summers I guess, and then you have everyone else, with Jerries on the bottom.

But there was a whole plot point in a junkie Rick making his portal Liquid, and the bald Rick demanding a portal gun. The only people using the portal gun in the episode were the Rick police, the show protagonists and the money gathering Rick&Morty. It's obvious Ricks on the citadel have no access to the portal guns en masse, hence the train-traveling and taxi-taking.

The episode has a lot more inconsistencies to bitch about, why you gotta pick on one that's actually explained?

The fact that they gave up their portal guns at all is pretty fucking confusing in the first place. The Rick making the bootleg portal gun fluid was also clearly a cock-sucking drug addict who was out of his mind. Makes sense why he wouldn't have one.

Could just be kidnapped. Or hell, some Ricks figured out portal guns a little bit earlier, and outright lied to the other Ricks to get them to join the Citadel. Bald Rick did say he was working for 15 years.
I thought the point of the citadel episodes was that protagonist Rick is not a regular Rick. Protagonist pair is much more unhinged. Alternative Ricks are not as smart, not as stuck-up. Alternative Morties are much more meek.

Seems like an entire space station of less intelligent, less evil Ricks, and even pussier Morties wouldn't even come together to happen in the first place.

You fags know McRoiland does whatever he fucking wants regardless of context right?
The whole point of the first episode of Season 3 was to tell people that a closed narrative isn't what he wants to do.
Stop this cancer

Well, the Council of Ricks certainly seemed smarter. Perhaps they just banded everyone together because they wantet to be more equal than others.

Some priceless moments from that show. I'm glad it's actually meaningless even though the people behind it clearly put a lot of effort into it.

I liked the episode if just to prove how the Citadel idea is just plain stupid, but that's something that everyone fucking knew. Also, everyone is going to love the shit out of the episode because muh evil Morty, but I do admit his storyline deserved a closure.

Bioshock is garbage

Correction: Bioshock Infinite is garbage. Fight me.

Every Bioshock is garbage
Bioshock is the Korra of videogames

You're forgetting the fact that Korra had its good points. Therefore, its not garbage.

A decent first entry ruined by a few pants on head retarded story decisions, with the rest of the series being utter crap?

The first one is lacking, the second one is shit. Get over it, the whole serie is mediocre at best and the saving grace of System Shock is that SHODAN is considered a good character, as much as Ryan was. Bioshock 1 had a really interesting setting, far more interesting than system shock's one, even when they didn't use it well. Now Infinite is plain bad except for waifufagging Elizabeth, and you can say the same about SHODAN.

My point is that the citadel of Ricks is a lot like Rapture because it is not a bad idea, it was just terrible implemented. Rapture have the excuse that at the time you couldn't robotize everything, the one from infinite solved the problem with niggers, but that was a lot more troublesome, and system shock fucked up because everything was robotic.

Lad, please leave your shit taste at the door

I played Bioshock and couldn't get past Neptune or whatever the levels called. The game was too restrictive and if you didn't follow exact instructions you would die constantly. System Shock gave me more freedom, at worst you get some trial and error moments due to enemies and timing specific only to you. I would say it's subjective as to which series is better but no, I'm sorry System Shock 2 requires actual rations skill and decision making. Bioshock holds your hand and treats you like a child. You're honestly the embodiment of what everyone means when they say "You have reddit tier taste."

Get out.

The best thing about System Shock is the gameplay complimented by the setting, fag, but that doesn't mean it's exactly interesting and they both suffer from the same thing

I consider System Shock and Bioshock part of the same serie anyway. Infinite could have been called something else to make the distinction. I'm not really talking about gameplay, I never opnce mentioned gameplay, but I already said why Bioshock is a lot more interesting than System Shock story wise, and the setting is simply better than "Random space station with a murderer AI".

Story wise sure but damned if walking around trying to figure out things until either a cutscene comes one or you die again won't turn you off before you can become invested. In System Shock you would walk around too but you would at the very least get loot and run in circles gradually getting more until you check every last detail. BioShock just kills you if you don't.

I liked it
The storyline with that postal rick deserved more screen time though

No, Bioshock 1 is also hot garbage. I don't know about 2 considering that it wasn't made by that hack Ken Levine.

Lorefags are cancer.

Every aspect of BS is shit except the setting (that doesn't include the level design).

You need to stop taking the pills they hand out, they're making holes in your brain.

>>>/reddit/

It was a great episode. Hopefully answer to questions like "why would a Rick with equal I.Q. agree to be an assembly line worker" will be answered in future installments.
Hopefully the evil Morty plotline has just one episode per season, it's definitely rich enough to pay off as the series finale.

kys

Cause it's a metaphor for society not being communist equal enough. Even if we're all actually equal, some work at assembly lines and some live it up cause discrimination and privilege. As if this is the kind of society Ricks would create. I mean, Ricks. Rick made a robot to pass-butter that achieved sentience just because he was to lazy to get the butter. And now they have Ricks work at menial button pushing jobs cause "insightful social commentary". Great job, Harmon.

thedailybeast.com/rick-and-morty-creators-how-hiring-female-writers-made-season-3-the-best-yet

Yup. It's a Bioshock fan.

i really cant tell if you are being genuine or not

Canonical answer: there's no fucking canon, the writers will never make a coherent "plot" because all they can do is make references and play Centrist, Atheist and Disillusioned (or CAD). Otherwise they'd explain why would Evil Morty go ahead and take over The Citadel when his initial plan was to simply murder each and every Rick since they don't care about Mortys when he himself is using Morty slaves to shield himself. Or how he could survive being mortally wounded just to make it to the shadow govt unscathed.
Non-Canonical answer: Rick is a narcissistic asshole in most of the universes, so the original Council made the Citadel a living monument to being Rick Sanchez, plus they hoarded as many alternate selves as possible to prevent others from stealing teleportation tech (keep in mind that in the cartoon the only ones who can do that are various Ricks and the bug faggots want in on that secret). However, just because they're smart doesn't mean they can't all be petty faggots, as shown multiple times, so when the whole damn place collapsed, most Ricks had no world to get back to already and just up and settled there.
There's so many retarded things in the "lore" that people telling that they genuinely think it's super intelligent (and aren't baiting like ) make me question how they can even operate an iGizmo to watch it. I mean, it's always been about inconsequential sci-fi adventures, but the moment they retconned Rick's "we can't do this every week" rule about the universe hopping, they just went full "wubbalubbadubdubud REFERENCE TO POPULAR THING" and way less actual sci-fi.
I'm still game for making Get Auschwifty pictures though, if someone's got a good idea.

I always found lolbertarians of this sort retarded even when not lampooned, kings are men and accumulation of power is a man's purpose. Even in the 19th century people thought this shit was cringy as fuck.

The only good parts of Korra are her ass, tits, legs, and abs in that order.

Is Xavier superior in comparison to Rick and Morty?

The string of consciousness is worth ti alone, really. It's got some good wordplay and just overall weirdness without taking itself seriously at all. Entire thing is up on youtube so feel free to hit it up and see if you like it.

You're forgetting Asami and Chief Beifong.

Thanks

Do not stick your dick in crazy, even if it's 2D.

That means you can't stick your dick on any of the girls of that series.

It's not "deep" as in "with a deeper meaning to it", but it's got some extremely elaborate humor and gag setups, sometimes self referential, other times on word play, occasionally also drops some actual philosophical insight, all within a theme rather than an actual plot (for instance, one of the episode starts with him helping a genetically spliced pet shop owner and ends up with islamic undead cowboys slaughtering undead indians, with the overarching theme of opposites being one side of the same coin). To give you an idea about the kind of jokes being told, there's almost zero pauses in the dialogue, so you oftentimes forget references to earlier moments, then they hit you in the face a few minutes later as being part of one long hallucination all along.
Basically, while Rick and Morty is all in-your-face with a pretense of being deep, Xavier conceals the nature of the entire episode until the few last minutes and even once it's done it's completely inconsequential to the overarching story, yet rewatching the episode gives you bonus humor points.

So only because of that Xavier is better than Rick and Morty. I enjoy the series who really try to do comedy without shameless pandering. Rick and Morty tries too hard to pander to millennials and to pretend to be done by intellectual people.

Really now, that's exagerrating.

I believe that there was always light pandering in R&M but it reached its peak, like I said, when they started using universe hopping as a cheap way to put in Family Guy tier gags. The first episode of R&M is still pretty funny.

In summary Xavier LIVES by its editing and Rick and Morty DIES by it.

I really like this comparison. If you analyze the plot synapses for all the episodes of R&M, they sound much more interesting than what they actually end up showing, and the exact opposite for XRA, which are even more difficult to describe because of how abstract they are. Some "Fanmentaries" on the DVD shine some light, but since it's also done in a postmodern way (and I really mean postmodern, not in the abstract for the sake of abstract), you end up with commentaries that at times point out the shit going on, at others describe themes and fan theories (the whole series is all left to interpretations) and there's even one of them that is just high level shitposting, an episode layered on top of another one.
By the way, I don't know if any of you recall there being a thread where people were describing post-modernism (I believe it was on Holla Forums rather than Holla Forums but my memory's fuzzy), with an example about Sam Hyde being an ACTUAL postmodernist comedian because of his sketches being parodies showcased as the actual thing (like the hilarious Ted Talk one that was actually A Ted Talk). Wish I had saved a screenshot.

Also, there's an hour long "analysis" by some landwhale tumblrette, just… Don't watch it. She found a way to put "Heavy Metal's lack of masculinity" into the commentary and it sounds as cringy as it looks.

Another way is:

Xavier is about over-complicating something simple and R&M is about dumbing down something complicated.

Get outta here Goldman.

Underrated post

You understand there's a difference between "random" and "absurd", right?

but it had the best western harem ending of all time!

Not that Annon but Xavier is WAY too well crafted to be Random. Rarely come out of nothing. No sudden "LOL ZOMBIE GORILLA!!!!".
Its more like a weird dream where the logic is bent.

The jokes and humor style is so tight that an incredible amount of jokes just OVERLAP because of the density. You will spend 3 seconds laughing at a joke and miss like 4 other ones.
Often what visuals you see are jokes disconnected from whats being SAID, so you can focus on the visuals or on the vocals to pretty much experience jokes you missed or didn't hear in plain sight/view.

It's too well constructed to be random. I'm genuinely interested how they achieved this effect as most pot based or drug based humor tends to be very slow and spread out.

Thats half the reason Rick hates them all. Bunch of pussies.

Because Ricks hate themselves the most.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

So it's not "deep" so much as "thick".

kek

I,Q. doesn't define personality.

t. butthurt redditor

Top-tier pasta.

That's funny because most people suffering from the hurricane are democrat voting niggers.
sage for not bringing anything to the discussion.

Do people like this actually exist?

I just fucking love Rick and Morty, in the way that I fucking love science. It's so random and cool - it's like the show was designed for us Redditors, see? My mom says I have an unhealthy obsession with the show, but she just doesn't understand how funny it. I wish I could live in the Rick and Morty world and be their friends. Everything would be really and cool and funny if I did. Rick and Morty are so funny and I'm so awesome that it would make perfect sense, but it'd be even better if Bernie Sanders appeared. It'd be so awesome I'd turn up the TV in the common room of my dorm up all the way so everyone could hear the greatness of Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, bacon, weed, atheism, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sweden, Bill Nye, 90s cartoons, cats, and fucking loving science.

I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school - we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don't talk to each other but there's a cute girl there I'm gonna try and ask out. I'm a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trench coat + brown-stained underwear + well-trimmed beard lightly seasoned with dust and corn syrup) so I just know I've got a good chance with her. I've already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven't got a response yet.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Rick and Morty! My favorite character is Rick because his style of humor perfectly reflects that of Reddit. I bet if I asked him "When does the narwhal bacon?", he'd know EXACTLY what I was talking about. Also, did you notice he looks like Bernie Sanders if you squint a bit and use your imagination? This can't be a coincidence; MLG Illuminati confirmed. Yeah, that's right, I look at montage parodies too. What good Redditor doesn't? Lenny face, Illuminati, and Doge are so funny. If I met Rick and Morty I'd be sure to show them all those funny and awesome memes and more!

Yours baconly, Atheist92

Hi 😊 I'm also 13 💯 and I just started watching 👀 Rick👴 and Morty 👶 and I can tell 👄 you for a fact 👩‍🏫👍it's my favorite 😜 show!!. Lik the one ☝️ time ⏰ Ricky 👴 said 👄 said 👄 there's probably like no 😠 good 👿 !!!! i 👁️ was agreeing😀 so much I'am👁️ smarter👩‍🎓 then you're average fidget spinner 🌀 teen at middle school 🏫🎒 to even though I have one ☝️. I may be young👶 but I'm smarter👩📊‍🎓 then every💯 theist ⛪ on earth 🌍 basically the show📺 is also really ‼️deep 👓👓 when they said👄 like no🙅‍♂️ one ☝️was born 👶 for 4️a reason I 👁️ was so blown 🌬️away🍃 as they must have ‼️ big balls ‼️ to say 👄 that on tv 📺 so I 👁️ told 👄 my friends 👫👬👭 on minecraft 🎮⛏️ and they agree 👍💯👍💯 too2️. LOL 😂 once ☝️ when my mom 👩 took me to 2️ McDonald's 🍟🍟🍟 I 👁️ asked ❓ for the Mulan 🇨🇳 dipping sauce 💯 and the dumb 😠 bitch 😠 didn't even get the reference XD 😂 One ☝️ time ⏰ in class 👩‍🏫️ i 👁️ shouted 😲 "I'm PICKLE 🥒🥒🥒 RIIIICK! 👴🥒👴🥒👴🥒 " and Mrs.Janice 👩‍🏫 told 👄 me to 2️ go 👉 outside 🌿 i 👁️ fucking hate 😠😠😠 that cunt 👩‍🏫 school 🏫 is for 4️ dumb ppl 😖 just like what Rick 👴 said 👄 , i m 👁️ too 2️ smart 🎓 for such imbicells. But 🍑 yeah I 👁️ love ♥️ Rick 👴 and Morty 👶 and I'm 👁️ actually smart 🎓 enough to 2️ get it to 2️. 💯💯💯

Bluepilled Morty.

Trying wayyyy too hard

Explain the pickle scene. Make me believe

You know, as you guys have been praising so much Xavier I've been watching it. It is kinda hard at some points and I might be missing the actual philosophy. How can I get smarter to understand it? I just feel it is a hit and miss series.

It is, but when it hits, it hits in a very funny way.
It's not about understanding any philosophical concept, it's about laughing at Xavier for THINKING he understands them when in reality he's just mixing and mashing all religions and beliefs into one. If you look at the Chief's tent, there's about a dozen religious symbols plastered onto it, most notably Allah's. It's one of the things that you appreciate more on subsequent rewatches.

LMAO

I thought this season was okay based mainly on how little Summer has been in episodes. I was really worried after episode 1 and 2 Summer was gonna basically become 2nd Morty and hang out every episode but she fucked off quick after that.

This episode was really good but it's mainly because I enjoy episodes about multiple characters/stories happening within the same day like 22 short films about Springfield or Snatch.

The problem comes from the fact that the writing staff is different for pretty much every episode this season. Some people were brought in to write or direct for a single episode, which is why the tone is all over the place. Clearly there's some effort to create a running string of events between episodes, but the reason Summer goes from badass wasteland queen in one episode to a spastic teen who does dumb shit with a growth ray a couple episodes later is because one was written by one of their new forced diversity hires, and the other was written by someone who was there since the first season.

Loved the latest episode. Also, damn they abandoned another universe? I wonder if that was before the Council got whacked by Rick.

That was 100% on Rick

Remember that time that Brian Griffon sang peanut butter jelly time for like 30 seconds and that was supposed to be the joke. Remember how it was advertised in commercials and now recognizable by many. That was the best joke they had and it was shit.

It's funny how in the latest episide the titular characters rghtfully assume suicide is the best course of action after the adventures they've been on. It's clear the dynamic between Rick and Morty is not a healthy one and the "Rickless Mortys" from season 1 actually have better lives.

Why do you Americans have to ruin this simple, yet proud foodstuff?

Ah, a fellow non-American hating all the shit America keeps doing.

High five.

"I have bad news and a snack for you"
Where I have been all these years?

Inferior being

You're acting as if we Americans have a say in any of these. to be fair, James Rolfe has stated that he personally regrets creating Shit Pickle. It was a one off character that the fans took a liking too. as for Mr. pickles, that was just the poor man's Metalocalypse and plenty of Americans I know hated that Adult Swim kept trying to push that edgy crap. As for Reddit and Memey, I have no excuse.

I've been meaning to really sit down and watch metalocalypse. Any specific seasons that I should skip to "trim the fat" or is it more or less consistent throughout

Reading this thread, i'm so fucking glad I dropped this show. Thanks guys.

You think that's bad? I've been trying to find non-sweet relish for fucking YEARS and haven't been able to find any, it's all sweet relish. I mean it's FINE, but it's absolute dogshit compared to the salty brine of real fucking relish. It's like the universe is playing a cruel fucking joke on me, like it doesn't want me to ever be happy.

My nigga.

That infographic has been completely destroyed, you know.

8ch.net/tv/res/851800.html

Also, stop shilling for Xavier when Wonder Showzen is obviously the superior PFFR show.

wow now i get Holla Forums hate

Well at least you dint litter the board with that essay, so thanks for that.

Jesus fucking christ, I didn't think TV was that bad yet
There is an actual fucking physics discussion in the middle of that. What is going on

Welcome to Meme park. Since the construction, we have made a revolution. It was our only chance to have a year of solution, So, one day, me and my friends took over the park institution. We told them to let us free of the oppression. They told us, to quit or they would do a execution. We didn't have the choice. I hope it won't breing confusion. We have kill the creator, and now we are free of our oppression. Understand it was our only choice, if we didn't do that, we would be in a correctional institution. Now, listen. We like you, but we won't let you ruin our revolution. We know that revolution is never the solution. But for us, it was the only thing we could do to stop the oppression. Welcome to Meme Park, my friend

Typically when you hear about how bad other boards are, it's largely exaggerated or a complete lie by some salty faggot who got banned. The things people say about Holla Forums are absolutely true, though. That board is a hellscape. It's the perfect justification for boards to have rules and enact them, instead of simply just allowing everyone to be able to post freely.

Its really satisfying. The later seasons that have 20 minute episodes are better but I recomend starting off with season 1 anyway.

Some faggots I follow who do a podcast do a separate show just for Rick and Morty, which I usually skip, but I got the itch to watch it this time. I don't follow any of the behind the scenes shit, but apparently one of the guys does and he had some interesting insight regarding the latest episode.
While he didn't say it, this would imply that their rush to fill out their staff with women may not have been entirely on purpose. Chances are they were falling apart and needed to fill out the writer's pool again and decided to virtue signal while doing it. This is also why quality fluctuates so wildly, because they lost most of the writers and replaced them with amateurs.

tl;dr - Harmon is a pretentious faggot (we already knew this) who thinks he can make this show into a deep and meaningful drama. Roiland just wants to make a funny and entertaining show, but he got stuck with Harmon and they keep losing writers. If this shit makes it to season 4, expect lots and lots of Rick vs Morty drama.

Honestly, pickle rick is a top 3 joke of the century. Every time i hear it, i just burst out laughing because i cannot contain myself due to the sheer comedic genius that is Dan Harmon. You have to really think to understand the joke. Do you even get it? HE'S A PICKLE!

that's the vibe I picked up from this show.

Why the long hiatus between season 2 and season 3? That's indicative of tensions and issues, and likely due to said poaching, they couldnt greenlight a third season despite AS ordering it because writers were leaving. Season 2 got weak toward the end as well.

There were also rumors that Harmon and Roiland genuinely hated each other and didn't want to work together.

only a year before season 3, were there signs of life that the show still was going.

I'm pretty sure this is why Steven Jewniverse has so many Hiatuses. I can't imagine working with a staff filled with sjw's and tumblrinas and a lazy fuck creator is fun at all.

He's making a goddamn cartoon, it's obvious that he needs to take it as little seriously as possible.

I think this is actually the shows strength. If the show tipped one way or the other it wouldn't have as much as an impact, but the dramatic moments balance out the goofy, while the goofy stop the show from becoming too bogged down and serious, like it started to get at the start of the season.

I would take a non-stop string of interdimensional cable-style riffing and adlibbing over Dan Harmon's poorly conceived attempts at dramatic gravitas and meaningful character moments. Beth and Jerry's relationship could have ended on the first episode and it would have had as much impact, and then they wouldn't have wasted 2 seasons building up to it.

Link to said podcast, Holla Forumsmrade?

Not going to bother embedding.
youtu.be/T2g1y8hO8Cg
It's somewhat interesting listening to these guys trying to rationalize their negative opinions. "Oh man, this episode was just not entertaining at all.. but this season has still been amazing!"

Thank you.

How the fuck does voting work in a society with infinite population? Surely every candidate would get an infinite number of votes?

They often pull back on the infinite universes schtick when they need to, to maintain dramatic tension
They mention their segment of the multiverse being on or related to the "central finite curve" quite a bit, which hasn't been clearly defined but "finite" leaves little room for interpretation

They're on the level of Bioshock Infinite when it comes to their understanding of causality, the uncertainty principle, and the many worlds theory. The correct interpretation is that if all choices result in different universes then there are then an infinite number of universes reflecting every possible choice made ever. This means there would be an inconceivably large number of universes reflecting every single choice made by everyone else, not just the ones where Rick or Morty decided to do something or not.

They dumb this down to be strictly relative to only things the main characters do, because conceiving of actually endless, unquantifiable sum of possibilities is too hard and presumably too difficult to write about in a way that they can toss in a few jokes about poopy.

Explaining Technical limitations with Metaphor and interesting theoretical concepts is usually what sci fi does. Of course, Rick&Morty isn't good Sci Fi. Its about wearing the skin of it.

R&M poser Sci-Fi.

Amazing, truly amazing, they actually wrote the shittiest fucking episodes.

I mean, the other episodes weren't fucking good, but certainly better than any of this cancer.

I'm actually surprised that you didn't throw in some bullshit about muh cultural marxism and muh frankfurt school as well - straight outta jordan peterson's playbook-. pls pol go back to your containment board

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong board, half/co/'s two blocks down

Both of you, kill yourselves.

I like how you didn't deny any of it.

Friendly reminder that the following pasta was based off a real reddit post:

Hi there. Longtime lurker, first time poster.
Can I be real for a second?
This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.
A tiny team of people made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.
Guess what? Rick and Morty was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a cartoon.
What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with mysteries and weird shit I just watched it for 2 hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?
Is it juvenile? Sure. Is the continuity shoddy? Maybe. Is the insistent use of catchphrases a demonstration of deviantArt-tier skill at writing? Sure, fine.
But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?
How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe with portals and then say "yeah but…"
We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring cartoons in recent memory.
Dan Harmon doesn't owe you the world. Yet he gave you 18 QUINTILLION of them.
If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.

Does this answer your question, boio?

A cultured man.

Watch seasons 1-3, and the movie. The writing begins to get annoying in S3 , and becomes unbearable in S4.

I don't get how many people can get so offended by the philosophical views of a cartoon character

I watched like seven episodes of the first season, and actually kinda liked it. Am I missing out on the reason many people vocally hate it here? Or does it really kick in during season 2 or 3?

Pretty sure that statement was meant to imply that he has an abysmal work ethic and doesn't keep up with a schedule, which is why his half of the show is so off the cuff and why Harmon has been able to strong-arm his political bullshit so far.

I watched a few episodes years ago and thought it was utter shit. Remind me why this show is catching on all of a sudden?

That sounds better alright, yeah

Because Rick and Morty tries to be lol so-randum smart, Xavier does whatever the fuck it wants. There's literally an episode where Xavier gets hired as muscle to take beatings around a pregnant strip joint, while remembering the building used to be his childhood home as he slow drove his drug addicted mother insane. Eventually using the blanket of time as a ghost costume to scare away all the costumers of the joint and causing the he-she-shit male owner to gradually lose his impregnated baby belly and unleashing elrich abomination from time to destroy the world by accident.

It requires a bit more awareness to understand why people hate the pseudo-philosophy of Rick and Morty.. The first thing you need to understand is that there are lots of normalfags, who make up the bulk of the audience/fandom for this show, that unironically believe that this show is smart, scientifically informed, witty, clever, insightful, and so on. They claim that it is the most intelligent show on TV right now.. which actually says terrible things about the quality of TV shows and doesn't serve as praise for Rick and Morty. Being the smartest retard on the short bus still makes you a retard.

The second thing you need to understand is that Rick and Morty is actually incredibly dumb. It has to be because the audience is normalfags and retards who were raised on Family Guy. It's understanding of science amounts to a few inaccurately referenced scientific theories and concepts, while the rest is just wacky space gibberish and absurdist, ad-libbed, quasi-fourth-wall-breaking humor. Meaning that the joke is that it's funny because they know they are saying stupid shit to try and be funny.

So what you've got is a mediocre show, espousing edgy high schooler-tier philosophy, while pretending to be smart, and because retards are eating it up and glorifying it as some kind of revolutionary ideology, it becomes even more insufferable and annoying than it would normally be.

Two gets worse and three hits rock bottom and then keeps falling. Season three has been Beth And Summer: Co staring Rick and Morty.

Lets be fair it has been mostly Morty and Rick Focused. Just utter shit.

The latest episode was pretty funny honestly. It's mostly rick and morty, no side characters, no unfunny side plots, just random hijinx.

Agreed, the show should be about Rick and Morty, with the absolute minimum of the rest of the boring cliched family as possible

What the fuck was I thinking?

Is Jerry /ourguy/?

Did you cry when the simpsons had episodes focused on marge and lisa

Let's be fair, excluding the Bleeding Gums Murphy episodes, Lisa and Marge episodes are the lowest points, and hyperfocus on Lisa as their millennial self-insert mouthpiece is what ruined the show.

I did

Hey Holla Forums

>>>/cuckchan/

The first season and the first half of the 2nd is good though.
Jesus fuck, this the worse one yet, even worse than Pickle Rickle which was written by a woman.
A man without the T really is nothing

Heres the write by the way

pretty obvious when one of the lines is jerry being forced to admit he is a beta male sexist and closet racist
i genuinely dont see how jerry was rascist at all, he was dating interspecies
it is nonsensical

I'm watching the newest episode right now and God damn its awful. These jokes are so awkward and tryhard, I'm cringing my way through most of it.

Yeah that dialogue was completely out of left field.

diversity at its finest

You can tell it was by a different writing staff; just look at how the majority of the episode is, it's just talking-talking-talking and cramming as much shit into one paragraph like it's a forum post. They didn't have an episode that bad since Tiny Rick.

The conceptual material wasn't bad and I felt a little for Beth, but the only good part ended up being the cloning montage with Rick & Beth doing some family bonding.

Also every appearance by Jerry this season reminds me how much I hate the divorce. Not because I don't understand it, but because it flies in the face of Interdimensional Cable and the counselling episode. Long character arcs aren't this show's thing and I'm well over that, but it's annoying when they take a good moment and ruin it.

"Fake news"
Holy fuck.

"Oh no they mentioned a thing I keep falling for."

At least fake news is just a meme, though that was definitely fucking forced

Hey Reddit

My point is that:
1) Claiming that some statement is untrue by calling it "fake news" is not inherently funny
2) It references real-life politics without benefiting the show.

You can tell the lead time really bit them in the ass because this was written and voiced back before trump turned "fake news" back on the media and they declared further use of the term haram

Just watched it because I have nothing better to do. The whole Rick and Beth arc is moronic and just like the divorce storyline, it's a painfully uninteresting aspect of a show that can literally be about anything they want. Instead, they give us hokey sitcom storylines where Jerry is dating after a divorce and Beth and is too much of a spineless shitbag to own up to his mistakes, even though they've had several episodes to establish that he's over that shit now.

Also, Beth is now a violent psychopath just like Rick because.. the universe doesn't matter or something? A child that wants to stab and kill people is not someone looking for attention. You don't become some enlightened nihilist genius and then just decided that you should murder everyone around you. It's more of that shitty fanfiction-tier writing where another character is just as good as the uber powerful main character, and now also a hyper-capable murder machine, and it's not even something they can blame on the new female writers.

Is it still a meme when your president uses it completely serious?

It benefits the stupid people watching it to think for a second. Murricans would drink a coffee while getting ass-raped by their leaders but say something like "At least it's gluten free."

And again, nice try.

see this post and this post

That's what I meant. It was written and directed by guys who have been on the show for a while. Even if apologists for this show wanted to try and excuse the inconsistent writing and awful characterization, they couldn't blame it on the new writers they keep bringing in.

What are the actually good episodes of this season? Rate from top to bot
Detox
Ricklantis
Morty's Mindblowers

Pickle Rick
Mad Max
Vindicators
First episode

Jerry episode
Beth episode

Are you that German guy who shat up the Bojack Horseman thread?

Fake news was started by the media to shit on everyone who called their shit out. Since it backfired so horribly on them it's become a meme everyone uses. So yeah, meme.

It's a bummer, yeah, and all of it is the way it is seemingly for the sake of it. I don't feel much rhyme or reason to it; it feels more like the writers got tired after doing all the good episodes and just wanted something to fill the gap.

actually it was written by a new male writer and edited by the new female writers

They've said that the official writer's credits don't really matter, that everyone sits together and throws ideas out
It's undeniable that the quality of the writing has noticeably dropped this season, so the reason for that should be obvious

Do you really believe when Harmon says that? That these kind of people would be content with sharing the credit for doing something?

Beth getting some legit character development (realizing Rick isn't someone to look up to, let alone be proud of, honestly.), plus the kids putting Jerry in his miserable place (like he deserves for being such a pussyass bitch!), is always a welcome site, IMHO… What's NOT a welcome site? Next week being the last episode of the season, then another BS long hiatus. Ugh…

I actually enjoyed Jerry's story more and I think I've realized why. Jerry's story had stakes. If he didn't break up with his new girlfriend then the kids would be killed. It's also fun to see Jerry in over his head. With Beth's story, there were no compelling stakes. It was about saving a childhood friend we'd never heard of so that another character we'd never heard of wouldn't be put to death. Beth's story would have been more interesting if Tommy had died and we saw Beth have to cope with being a murderer. We could still have the dangerous monsters, they could just say that Tommy starved to death and his DNA corrupted the ecosystem. Maybe some of the wildlife fed on Tommy's corpse and it caused them to acquire a taste for human flesh. The only part of Beth's story I really liked was the ending, where we don't know if Beth took Rick's offer or not, but you could change the middle part and still keep the ending. More than any other this episode feels like the victim of deadlines.

The weak should Fear the Strong

underrated post

Wonder Showzen is obviously the superior show. Nobody denies that. But it's not completely Holla Forums, unlike Xavier that is 3d animation.

So Beth is smart because Rick says so. She hasn't done anything in the show to prove it.

this. some hamfisted character development out of nowhere, i guess this show was lacking a stronk independent womyn on par with rick so they just said fuck it and made it beth. up until this episode the only thing she had inherited from her father, was drinking. morty is dumb, summer is teenage girl dumb, why does harmon love to complicate and fuck up a good thing

What

doth

(((lyfe)))?

That's where it went from slight SHE influence to outright feminist propaganda. I also hated how Summer got to talk down to Jerry about being a beta male after she "Clive barkered " herself because a bit didn't think she was hot. Beth is such a boring character, making her a sociopath didn't help.

They'd sorta already established Beth as smart in that she's a heart surgeon (for horses). But otherwise, she's very much been a background character except for her attachment issues with Rick and her relationship with Jerry.

Which I'm honestly happy with; the show doesn't need more major characters. In fact, it needs less. It's better when it only occasionally gives the family the spotlight, the show should focus more on Morty's coming of age, Rick's dysfunctional coping and their adventures together.

Looking back on the episode… I dunno. I can't help but feel they're continuing what I feel they've been doing this season. It's like, after two seasons of fun adventures with these characters now the show is focusing on them as people more. This episode was like the show was saying "no, you wouldn't want to go on adventures with Rick. Look at all the memories Morty would rather forget and how they would lead any other person to suicide. Or how Rick can't handles times when he's the one who comes off as the idiot. Still think it would be fun?" And it really highlighted something else from this season. We don't see every adventure they go on, just like how we never saw the Atlantis adventure last week, the first Vindicators, or most of that Star Wars ripoff they did before going to the spa that had them breaking down.

It kinda feels like this season is trying to rip away sense of escapism to be found in it. But at the same time, I do love how it's exploring the dynamics of these characters. Pretty psyched for next week's episode and how it's set to explore Beth's upbringing from Rick.

Last week Creepy Morty wanted incest porn to be more accepted, this week we see Morty using one of Rick's machines to summon redheads. Morty's real object of desire is Summer, isn't it?

I really wish they'd feel comfortable doing both. Remember the S2 episode where the planet went crazy on itself? That showed an escapist adventure whilst exploring Morty's repressed rage.
I would unironically like him to just end up with Jessica happily at the end of the series

Me too, but I don't think that will happen. Watch them go with the Morty becomes Rick theory.

All of Season 3 is garbage. The episode with whites and blacks portrayed as Ricks and Mortys was fun but it's retarded in concept. The only good episode imo is the one where they get their toxic selves out of their system, because it's actual sci-fi action for once instead of multidimensional bullcrap.

But powers are for the weak, he's got no powers.

She's a heart surgeon for horses. It used to be implied that it signifies she'll always be lagging behind Rick, since she's intelligent enough to practice something very niche but she's still technically not a real doctor nor scientist. Everything past Season 1 is just asspulls though. She suddenly feels the urge to cling more to her father than to the rest of her family. The authors tried to claim that the fact that she and Jerry always get back to square one after realizing their mistakes as a couple is done to "portray realistically failing marriages" but it's still a load of crap in my opinion. Also, reminder that Jerry still is the toppest of dogs in the whole series, as no matter where Rick goes, there can't be a daughter of his without a Jerry Smith fucking her. I can't stress enough how much I'm loving this detail and how writers will never be able to retcon it.

YOU MONSTER, YOU RUINED US ALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL

It's another aspect of Harmon's juvenile, self-destructive bullshit.

If Judged as a character driven drama with comedy and sci fi elements, then the show is twenty times the failure it is as a comedy driven sci fi with drama elements.

It wants it both ways. To be a serious drama when dull bullshit is happening, but a whacky comedy when its characters act like retarded dullards.

This episode had some pretty good bits, it's sad to see it dragged down so far by the bullshit

like?

BUT BADASS

The original premise of the A plot was just used for a good joke or two and then scrapped before it dragged on (too) long, with another good joke about the show's structure before it went downhill sucking Beth's dick
The Jerry side of the episode, him getting some outward semblance of "confidence" and biting off more than he can chew with an ayy rebound girl before the whole thing unravels isn't an objectively bad idea, it was just ruined by Summer's presence as an inexplicable socjus mouthpiece

How was Summer a socjus mouthpiece?

I don't know, must have just been my imagination

Then you're right. Xavier isn't perfect and it's fine to not like it, but it basically does what R&M is trying to do better than R&M does it. It's superior to it in every way.
Xavier has some moments where it dulls but by virtue of it being constant dialogue almost it's always got something to keep you watching.

Holy fuck it was the worst episode of the series, the shoehorned "character development" was awful, nothing in it was funny and it was filled with current year references.

BRAVO HARMON

Except it doesn't, Xavier's bread and butter is the word play. It doesn't try to be deep and meaningful hell it makes fun of that stuff. Stop trying to force this meme.

I meant in terms of being good absurdist comedy. Rick and Morty tries to be absurdist but fails because it also wants to be deep and meaningful. Xavier embraces absurdism.

Why is the president a nigger in the new episode preview?

I have no fucking clue why they made Beth a sociopath all of a sudden. It doesn't make any fucking sense

well, maybe she is already a sociopath, she didn't think twice about choosing summer over morty, she views jerry as a spineless worm and generally is portrayed as just a shitty person.

though it's still a big leap to make her a child monster.

I don't see the point of critiquing r&m anyway, most modern media is garbage. so just treat it as such. I don't rate a mcdonalds burger like i would a fine steak.
trash is meant to be treated like trash and good product is meant to be treated as good product.

that is so out of character it would almost hurt if the show wasn't already shit.

That's kind of the catch here. We could go through and pretend that certain lines have meaning or that specific actions were foreshadowing other things, but the whole fucking show is such a mess inside and out that it's more than likely that it's entirely accidental that they did something 20 episodes ago that lines up with something they're doing now.

The writing staff keeps changing. The guys in charge hate each other. There's hamfisted politics and drama guiding their decisions more than any kind of dedication to an overarching storyline. This shit is the Legend of Korra of edgy reddit-tier animated shows. Even down to the asspull character development that fans tried to rationalize as something they set up early in the series.

You ever seen that episode of Venture Bros. where Hank and Dean go on a double date with Triana and her friend Kim?
And Dr. Girlfriend meets Triana and Kim in the bathroom, and mistakes Kim for a super-villain because of her flashy outfit and gives her a villain business card and says they should work together some time?
To which she responds, "she's so doing this," which led to everyone waiting for her to return in a later season and start arching Hank and Dean with Triana or someone?
But then Doc Hammer was all like, "Yeah, we ain't doing that." And wrote her character off several seasons later saying, "[Kim] started to hang around with the preppys and was moved to Florida, where she is now in rehab and has gone all Christian-y"?

You ever see that one? The one where the creator of a show has too many characters and doesn't think twice about building up a character's development and then throwing it in the trash for fun?

I'm not saying everyone needs to be willfully malicious to their fans, but… no, maybe that is what I'm advocating. This whole season has been character development and introspection, with no layers or complexities: take Rick to a therapist, Summer gets married and then sympathizes with her mom, Rick and Morty face physical embodiments of their negative feelings about themselves, Morty yells out his resentments of his father while punching a man, Beth is totally Rick guys, seriously, believe us, she is. No subtly, and every shark jumped. Every thought and emotion is spoken, compared with scenes of long silence in previous seasons, and letting the audience watch Rick turn himself into the police or attempt suicide.

Now for the half-baked,"we should do an ambiguous ending like Inception" question at the end of the episode: Did Beth take Rick's offer and go gallivanting off into space?
Of course she fucking did! The present writers do not have the restraint to not do that. You derail a season to do some character development, spend a whole episode dumping previously unheard of backstory for Beth, and then at the end, do this dopey turn to the audience and go, "Oh boy! What do you think she did?" Well, given how this pile of shit has been rolling downhill for a season, and just saw a burst of speed, I'd be willing to bet it's still rolling downhill.

The real cliffhanger question should be "How long before they cash in on Beth being new Rick?" And while we're at it, kudos to the first two seasons writing teams for not doing a return of Evil Morty sooner. I'd bet on Evil Morty doing an appearance every season from here on. And even this season they seemed to have blown their load to soon with him and made him president of the Citadel. No lurking around in the shadows for a few odd seasons, just BOOM! he schemed his way in when no one was looking and now is in the highest office.

Any one wanna talk about why Beth and Jerry's marriage was seemingly recovering, but then immediately died in episode one, and that Jerry was the only character to not get a development story?
Any one wanna talk about why a show previously about having a sensible chuckle about cosmic horror and indifference just spent a season saying, "Is it healthy to laugh at the cosmic indifference? It seems to be some sort of coping mechanism. Let's talking about how you really feel."?

Because Dan can't get over with Trump's victory. So Obama (or an expy of him) is still in charge.

??????

Rick is a bad person, who lies to himself so he doesn't have to face what a bad person he is.

Everything about Jerry just makes me think Someone on the writing team really hates his dad.

It's Dan Harmon. Community was full of daddy issues too.

Jerry's turned into a punching bag as of late. It's funny if they deserve it but there's a fine line between having an actual funny character like Cricket from Always Sunny whom ends up in these situations because he's still gullible enough to trust the gang and straight up bullying a character like Jerry who doesn't do anything wrong whatsoever to warrant it

No, no, no, my friend. It's so much worse than that. This is Harmon™ Brand Nihilism we're dealing with. Rick isn't evil because nothing in the universe matters. There's an infinite number of universes and nothing matters in any of them, so it's not evil to kill and torture people because good and evil are just meaningless concepts made up by one insignificant species on one planet, in an endlessly vast universe, that's part of the infinitely vast, and easily traversable multiverse.

That's the morality of Rick and Morty and that's why people criticize it for juvenile nihilism.

You know, I think a big problem of R&M is a case that its one of those shows that just needs to stop sometimes.
It works for 1 season. Thats it. After that it wears itself out and the whole concept becomes dull.

Like making fun of Sci Fi Concepts is what they did before, but now it's just getting old. I genuinly WANT those sci fi concepts. I want them explored instead of kinda just half assed for a gag.

Rick And Morty would've been much funnier if it was Doc And Mharti

And no Dan Harmon.

Dan Harmon hijacked the show from Justin Roiland. I did notice that Justin is not on Harmonquest, Harmontown, or Ricking Morty.
He just wants to get a development deal with Fox or have hit VR games so he can get away from that fat cuck.

Justin Roiland is a pretty cool dude tbh. He follows Holla Forums on twitter

what the fuck

If they want to get the show back on track, they should look at Doc and Marty, the source which this is meant to be a corruption of. Back to the Future was really Marty's story for the bulk of it, with Doc as a supporting character. Rick & Morty started as this in season 1, but lost its way as it focused too much on Rick. So what do I think they should do?

Shift the focus less from Rick and back to Morty.

Why?

You'll see season 1 did this a lot and was stronger for it. It can be less about pleasing redditors and their own egos and more about the sci-fi we liked it for.

That'd explain why this season has so much more toilet humour. Hi Justin, good luck with your next project

Neat!

Yes, you are a pretty cool guy eh Justin. Fights Fat Hardon and doesn’t afraid of anything.

You kidding me we are a bunch of faggots no wonder he comes here

Fat Hardon thinks he’s Rick Sanchez. That parasitic cuck really is a Dunning-Kruger homunculus.

I don't see Rick being shown as right in the show. Whenever Rick proves himself right the rest of the characters hate him for it and thinks he's an asshole and the therapist pointed out how self destructive he was because of his conflicting points of view. The people who see Rick as deep are the same people who think the Joker from The Dark Knight is a genius.
tl;dr who gives a fuck about the opinions of a cartoon character

Fucking this. Keep the nihilism, but Rick should be the sterotypical "Nothing matters, fuck everything" style, and Morty is the "Nothing matters, and that's a good thing." Which immediately makes me think of the Vindicators episode, and how they just spend it breaking down Morty until he doesn't believe in heroism anymore.

Fuck that. What the hell sort of message is that? Super-heroes aren't perfect? Cool, I mean, most writers use that as a premise for a story arc or series, but your gonna end on that and call it the moral? Cool. No comment on the dangers of idol worship or super-heroes being human too? Nah, just if you have power, you probably wield irresponsibly. Never count the lives saved, just ones lost. Fucking cool.

That’s what Fat Hardon believes.
Because nobody helped him when he was bullied in school and therefore heroes aren’t real.

Harmon neglecting What's up you Fucking Niggers Garfield when?.

A pity. I mean, you know why people are excited about Evil Morty? It's because it's Morty. It's because of the idea of him being opposition to Rick, playing on the central dynamic of the show. Rather than the sidekick who only gets sculpted into Rick's way of thinking

I saw someone try and do an analysis saying both sides had valid philosophies, but Rick did not get nearly a big enough kick in the balls, nor did the Vindicators get enough points for, y'know, not being entirely self-serving shits. Rick can't claim any moral high ground when he would rather let the supervillain fuck shit up instead of at least trying to save people. Holy crap, how did they think that was a good episode?

The Vindicators were strawmen for Rick to knock down in a series of poorly written that have no payoff.

Exactly.
Nobody in this show can truly believe in themselves. Everybody has to be this insecure poser for easier targets to knock down.

This is somehow comedy.
You know what is anecdote? Its a story with unexpected ending. Do anyone act in unexpected way? Not even a fucking attempt to make a joke. A fucking family guy random bullshit + a fucking therapy session.

Toilet humor is tolerable, at least someone can laugh at it. "All dads are terrible!" is not a fucking comedy, its vaginal fluids animated.
Who are the target audience for this shit? Bullied school girls? Gender studies graduates? I hate my dad audience?

Same bullshit as "universe is HUEGE! And you are only 70kg! Therefore you are insignificant!.

Really makes me appreciate venture bros more. Dr. Venture is basically Rick done right. He is smart, but constantly lazy and never tries hard enough. He is an asshole but not because "i am the smartest and therefore I am nihilist!". He has perfect reasons to be asshole.
And remember episode where Brock had his doubts about murdering everything? Remember therapy session from it? It was about fucking a dolphin. But here we got a lecture from gender studies doctor. Which fucking helped everyone somehow, even if they knew it all along.
Even traditional fantasy wizards are better at this. They do crazy immoral shit because they fucking can and because they enjoy doing it and because they dont care. And they never tell you that they dont care about anything. They always care about myriad of things. And they never tell you that they dont care about something they do, because they really fucking care about it otherwise they would never done it. And Rick has no reasons to do something, but always does something constantly for no fucking reason and he doest care about it and he spends half of his time explaining to everyone that he does not care. Do writers of this ever heard about hypocrisy? But hey, Ricks only fault (and Beth apparently) is that they are too smart". This is what happens when you base fantasy wizards on real scientists and cartoon scientists on pseudo intellectuals.

Rick "philosophy" alternating between teenage nihilism and hedonism whenever convenient.

sure

It's a very nihilist apathetic comedy. That will occasionally give you a slight nudge that it might get deeper than it really is. But for that the show would have to be more self aware. Which it might be one day, who knows.

Unless the writing goes down hill.

I think the Vindicators were there to indicate that Rick is a bitter piece of shit who wont hesitate from destroying something Morty loves on a whim. Am I just watching this series wrong or what? because the messages seem obvious to me.

I think the whole "joke" of the episode is 1) Rick is pretty much a super villain, and 2) When push came to shove, all of the superheroes were huge assholes who turned on and murdered each other over the smallest, dumbest shit, meaning it was okay for Rick to give them the SAW treatment because they were bad people. And 3) Just so there was no ambiguity, the Vindicators apparently kill innocent people all the time, destroy planets, and cheat on each other, meaning they deserved to die.

It's one big "Rick was right all along" gimmick stretched over an entire episode.

Prior to season 3, Rick wasn't implied to be able to flawlessly clone people. The fags defending season 3 are similar to DBS retards; they use the new shit to justify itself.

Who are the target audience for this shit? Bullied school girls? Gender studies graduates? I hate my dad audience?
It's worth noting that Jerry was planned to be a more reliable, responsible father figure for Morty, the kind of character you're asking for. You can see this in the pilot. What happened? They thought Jerry's VA would work better for a more wimpish character.
Still, I'm with you, it's fucking boring seeing so many bad dads and dysfunctional families in fiction. I miss the traditional good stuff.

Infinite universes mean infinite diversity of universes. So similar Universes would still be hard to come by even with infinite universes. Think of it like the color spectrum and you live in a certain color range(eg baby blue) you are going to have a hard time swapping easily in and out of a "color" the further away it is from baby blue.

Archer is pretty good evidence of this. But even in Archer, Cyril has his good days, his strengths, and can stand up for himself… this can't be good for Chris Parnell's self-esteem. He's getting typecast as a wimp, and his most self-confident character is that talking box from the Progressive insurance commercials.

Well a lot of the writers are strong womyn, and that's like a prerequisite to be them.

Don't pretend there was ever a cap on Rick's Asspull Power Level.

It kind of comes accross like an alcoholic father smashing his son's toys, and then trying to justify by saying they build quality wasn't up to snuff, and his son should have better taste anyway.

Didn't he clone himself pretty flawlessly? The problem was that being a teenager made him even more of an asshole.

Aren't rates of depression and suicide statistically much higher among "geniuses"

I want to murder this bastards

I think this is what bothers me about Jerry. Loser characters are one thing, but I just end up feeling bad for punching bag characters. At least let them have some small victories here and there.
I think Arnold Rimmer is this kind of character done right. He's a loser, but he's also the smartest, sanest character in the show, he gets to have his small victories, and his redeeming moments of heroism, and when he's punished it's usually because he did something to deserve it, not just because the writers have a hate boner for him.

To be fair, Rusty is not that smart, and he did some very immoral shit - like the time when he killed shitton of interns to finish the forceshields for Gargantua-2.

Faggots like Harmon and Joss Wheadon, who were bullied at school and did not learn to stand up for themselves. Instead of doing something, they just cried and used their imagination as an escape.

What the fuck is going on in American (and other English-speaking) schools anyway? In my country you had to either stand up to bullies or earn respect in some other way to stop being bullied. Mostly through being useful or exerting authority in some field. Everyone had something going for them sooner or later, and bullies who were stupid enough to fuck with people past age of 11 or so ended up becoming social pariahs who no one wanted to deal with. Bullying was limited to a one-off snide remarks by the time you were 14. Hell, my language doesn't haven have a proper world for bullying.

That was amusingly more out of negligence.

He did use orphan parts for a wish box.

In American schools if you do that the teachers come after you for subverting their authority.

Kids get punished for standing up for themselves is what happened. I stood up to a bully once, and was almost expelled.

Maybe not the Mary Sue levels Rick has, but Rusty is pretty smart, he probably doesn't do a lot with it mostly out of laziness and spite for the super genius legacy of his dad.

Justin go do something funny instead of this trainwreck

Harmon is dragging you and your work down Justin, you need to ditch that fat fuck.

if you know anything about how this shit works, then you'd know that Rick And Morty doesn't belong to Justin Roiland, it belongs to cartoon network. I highly doubt that the quality of the show is the cause of one man who has been there since the beginning, it's multiple different things one of those things being the affirmative action writing team for this season

Fat Hardon is the one who pushed for the “we need women in the writers’ room” bullshit. So, yes, it’s his fault.

Harmon is the source of all the n-talent SJW bullshit that plagues the show. Yes, it is his fault.

No, the problem was that he was going to die.

Didn't writers say that they aren't going to use time travel? Didn't Rick say that he couldn't fix death?

I also stood up to a bully, but the faggot got fucked in the ass due to his bad grades.

The problem was that his original body was going to die, not that he was going to die for good.

Rick can do whatever they say he can do. He built a fucking murder suit of of rat carcasses while he was a pickle for fuck's sake. Let's not pretend that the writers are in any way willing to say "Rick can't do that."

He hasn't done time travel yet.

Where the hell do you live, user?

Not sure about suicide rates among geniuses, but man kill themselves 5 times more often than woman, if you take that into account it may just flat out difference between smart, average and dumb man because difference existed because they took woman into account.
And what depression has to do with being asshole? Sure, it might made you bitter, but it does not make you hyper asshole to everyone.

Yeah, its because of VA, not because every writer has daddy issues. All these daddy issues is just coincidence. And half of storylines revolved AROUND HIM! While the other is around rick who is also a shitty dad.

To be honest dragon balls in there are not to the level of being able to do whatever they want, they were pretty limited in power to begin with. And wishes are not really "to exact wording of the wish". They are the opposite, they fulfill your wish to the best possible way as opposed to worst possible way wishes usually work in fantasy.
If you talking about what I thing you talking

Yeah, so he will fix "just pretty dead" easily. And yes he can do everything because writers cant figure out how to do a story without pure bullshit.

In a magical land called "I have a good dad", I assume.

Slavlands.

Don't bring Dragon Ball into this mess. Akira Toriyama was literally making it all up as he went along. He literally had nothing planned beyond the next chapter he had to write after finishing the current chapter.

Rick and Morty is also not even on the level of Dragon Ball when it comes to storytelling and internal consistency, which isn't high praise for Dragon Ball, by the way. No one here is dumb enough to believe your shit about Rick having some kind of limit that isn't anything other than narrative contrivance. He can do whatever he wants at any time whenever they need him to. It's that simple and it's why the show is and has always been awful.

The writers avoided using time travel because it was an easy fix for everything.

Yes but the old writers had some restraint. At least more restraint than the new writers that did entire episode about Rick being a pickle.

destyy.com/q8nI8K
rick and morty remix the universe is yours
also can anyone sneak into chetreo patreon for getting the instrumental version of the universe if yours and wirly dirly

LOL.
So you were that guy.

But like dragon ball super, if you have fans trying to piece together thr narrative because the writers keep pulling crap out, then it's probably not a well written show

Yes and?
I having a feeling that people aren't getting my point.

Saying "we're not going to do that because it's too easy" is not the same thing as "we can't do that because Rick isn't smart enough to do that"

and Rick and Morty and Dragon Ball super aren't well written shows because they aren't thorough enough in their narrative and are very inconsistent in characterisation. Although Dragon Ball Super they probably don't give a crap about being too consistent while in Rick and Morty they think they're being real smart

just because normalfags think Rick And Morty is smart doesn't mean the creators think it's smart it's a sci fi cartoon it's not meant to be the next Citizen Kane

The Citizen Kane comparison is unnecessary. Dan Harmon really is that much of an autist that he thinks his shows and everything he works on is brilliant and so much better than everything else on tv. He's likely the one who started circulating the "smartest show on tv" shit about Rick and Morty.

Vindicators should have stayed "Hungover grandpa takes his grandson to a formulaic cape movie and shits on it the whole time". If they saved the twist of rick already killing world ender until the very end or used the premise of "Rick gets high with his enemies" we would have got an actual subversion worth watching. Beating Darkseid by lighting up a fat jay would've been hilarious compared to "happy tree friends avengers edition ps your taste is shit".
Fuck Harmon, you could tell the character artists had fun coming up with interesting hero designs, only to have them flushed on some faggot's genre critique.

Any comparison to Kane is unnecessary

They avoid time travel to avoid getting sued, since that would make it even more obvious that it’s a “back to the future” ripoff.

Just another reason why this show shouldn't have existed in the first place

They should get rid of Fat Hardon and let Justin run the show. He’s the real talent. But that won’t happen.
That obese and old faggot is just too egoistic to let that happen.

You mean Dan Harmon, creator of Harmontown and Harmonquest?

What does RM have to do with Anitfa. Sure the show is not right wing at all but I fail to see how it is as left as SU. Hell even SU isn't that far left.

Supergirl which isn't even a cartoon is far worse than both of these Tumblrtoons. They were bringing up climate change and all these liberal agendas when it did not even fit the story or episode they were telling. The writing wasn't even subtle in the slightest yet it gets semi positive reviews on IMDB.

Anyone else notice that Rick called the vindicators jews?

"froopy land" the first thing that bugged me was the whole "eating protein to survive" bit. You can't do this. You can't just subsist on only protein, you'll get what's called rabbit starvation or protein poisoning. This shouldn't bother me so much but it did. for a show who's fanbase fucking LoVeS ScIeNce ™ you'd think they'd catch some simple shit like that. This was probably the worst episode as far as writing goes as well. I can actually enjoy most of the other ones. For me this was this season's "purge" episode

Rick and Morty is about as scientific as the Necronomicon. Science in this show is basically just magic.

What a shit episode. I can't believe i waited whole year for this

this ep was so bland

So the running theme of this season seems to be shunting sci-fi adventuring to the side to focus more on character drama. I miss episodes like Anatomy Park. Even the Inception episode. Those were fun. Remember fun?

It's also a case of wearing out. Some shows can go on for a long time, others novelty just wears off.

This is the latter.

I'd get that if it felt like they were trying to be novel. They're actually shoving novel ideas out of the show so they can focus more on which character is feeling depressed this week. Morty's Mind Blowers felt like "here are some fun episodes we could have made if that we're our priority".

They fucked up the timeline

Character now has 0 consistency

the 180 fucking switch with summer's character hit me like a fucking wall. how do people not notice writer shenanigans when it's THAT bad?

Dan Harmon doesn't care about "science" as an actual system of understanding and decoding physical reality. He only cares about "Science™" which you can find on quirky facebook pages, poorly drawn webcomics written by the kind of faggots who insist this show is smart, and awful blog websites where they break scientific principles into terrible "listicles" full of Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye gifs, where they tell you that science is whatever the fuck they say it is, because some middle aged gender studies major with a minor in communication told them that science is completely different from what the research shows.

Hurr durr, magic science.

She is not crazy, she is smart!

>not understanding that infinite universes bullshit will infuriate fans such as and therefore "we can use this once or twice, tops"
Wow, you are dumber than writers of this shit.

Yes user
That's why they used it for a joke, even specifically referencing that line

I don't understand you brain damaged niggers, is the show too serious and dramatic, or not serious enough?

Good episode, shit finale.

Yeah, and since you can use a phone or computer, I'm sure you can operate a nuclear power plant too.

R34 on this sexy beast when?

Holy fuck, that was the last episode

Jesus Christ, this episode was the worst yet.
HA HA HA a notification that"random scientifically weird thing" happened (in this case a miniature city was found in Brazil) to advance the plot.

*improv episodes

The new episode was cringe shit right until they stopped mentioning Minecraft, then they actually began doin something interesting by showing how Rick would interact with the US government, the instant death joke was the first time this show took me by surprise and made me laugh out loud this season, the little Metal Wolf Chaos sequence was fun, and they finally showed Rick losing in every front.

I implied it on my image but I forgot to mention, I liked the portrayal of the government's sci-fi tech.

Feel like the finale was in response to fans wanting the larger family dynamic back, at least the actual important stuff in the episode. If Beth is so smart, how did she not realize whether or not she was the clone, and not act so crazy when she wasn't sure.
Except when Beth is a dumbass and going mental, right?
It was a given, glad they confirmed it not too hamfistidly. The episode was fun though, kept me interested and had some funny lines, the fight scenes are entertaining too, despite the lack of danger seeing how Rick's labcoat is a goddamn defensive and offensive masterpiece. Can't wait for the episode where Morty (or Summer) takes Rick's labcoat for the day and goes on a wacky adventure.

They wrote and voiced all this shit last year, the divorce bullshit only started in the season premiere

Holy shit. Worst episode since Tiny Rick. No, actually, it's worse, it's the fucking worst episode.

Best episode of this season by a long slide

Everybody who's upset about it
, are "muh character development" retards

and catering to them, ruined show in the first place.

I agreed with you there m8o, I just hated the lead-in to it.

Again, what I wanted. You can like the outcome without liking the execution.

So you like the show being 100% Rick and how so cool and smart he is because he doesn't give a fuck? Or everyone sounding like they're just reading big forum rants instead of dialogue?
Because that's my beef

Are you happy now, faggots, are you hapy? This is what you wanted? This episode basically fucked absolutely everyone except faggots.

I still think the conflicts going on behind the scenes is what's making it even more shit than it was. It's also why I don't think the show will continue, at least, not with Justin

What do you think they argue about? Did one of them want it to be more like Doc N Mharti?

They need Justin as a voice actor though. I think at most, his name could be dropped from the writer's credits.

Justin probably wanted to reboot Dog World, and Dan probably just spends every moment agonizing about Trump.

I don't even know whats going on anymore

Well, he did get BTFO in the end

He used to go on cuckchan and read about his show there. I wouldn't be surprised if he went here. Thanks for not telling the normalfags about this place Justin

Fuck, that's a good one