——————

Join our Mumble server for nightly Squid Squad voicechat:
wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page
8v.servers.moe or 8ch.servers.moe - Port: 64738 - "Vidya General" -> "Splatoon"

Post your Nintendo Network ID here for extra fun times:
>>>/smek/4

——————

PREVIOUS SPLATFEST RESULTS:
● JAPAN - Onigiri Flavors - Tuna Mayonnaise (Callie - 354) defeated Red Salmon (Marie - 346)
● US/EU/OC - Spongebob Squarepants Characters - Patrick (Marie - 373) defeated Spongebob (Callie - 327)

NEXT SPLATFEST THEMES:
● {To be announced}

OTHER NEWS:
● Callie and Marie amiibo figurines announced, arriving July 8th in all regions. Summon them in the Plaza and they'll perform any of their songs for you, including their new solo tracks.
● Limited Edition versions of Inkling Boy, Girl, and Squid amiibo also launching on July 8th. These are Squid Sisters-themed recolors of the original amiibo figurines.
● Strong chance of entire amiibo delivery truck being stolen, like last time.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ISmatsuriBTT/status/686104030863474688
wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page'''8v.servers.moe'''
mynintendonews.com/2016/05/10/famitsu-chooses-splatoon-as-2015-game-of-the-year/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't wait to buy Callie. I'll sell Marie though, she has no business being in this house.

Why did you delete last thread? and Octolings are still superior.

Fuck you OP -I said I would do it tonight.

1v1 me.

2 of us in Mumble now, get in here for quads/customs

We only need one more for customs
Get in here!

We need one more for customs.

condom pants

Wew lad

Who's going to upload the NFC tags for the new amiibo when they come out?

Please I don't want to have to wait in line at midnight to pick them up and be the one who shares them again. It was already a big enough pain in the ass getting the squid one.

How the fuck would that work….

Step one
Get PC NFC reader
STEP TWO
Read insecure tag
Step three
Copy and paste to tag data
Step 4
Share it

Aren't they just music boxes

I'm pretty the new music will come bundled with the Soundtrack again. So

I'm mad I'm so mad
Thanks tumblr

Rolling for Quints

WOOMY SWAG

WOOMY

Bout to get triggered here.

Wait lemme check those quads real quick.

It is quite possible I played with this person on ranked, speaking of, what's your highscore for splats in one match Mine is 40

CZECHED

How would you bully a boy inkling?

keep going

Not all three, you can only bully him once

brb making a better one

There is no god.

Hold that head up High and Load up on def up and swim speed up and flank'em

Outclass the Japanese menace.

git gud

Swim more, jump less. Keep the ground inked. Move in confusing patterns. If they're camping faggots, avoid areas where you know they'll have line-of-sight. If that's not possible, or if you need to hit the offensive, stay near (but not too near) another ally so that one of you can carry on if the other dies. If you do that, keep the ground inked underneath that ally. If finding an ally isn't possible, you shouldn't be on the offensive anyway, so just wait for the e-liter to come closer to you and to a more vulnerable position. Practice your aim, so that, when you do get close to one, they don't hit you before you hit them. It might help to replay levels 11, 12, 17, 25, and 27 of the single player, if your problem is that you can't move around without them seeing you.

If you're a roller, though, you're just fucked. Wait for your allies to take them out.

Oh yah…

Have they added FFA yet? I'm only A+, but I didn't want to keep slogging away at the same old games trying to break into S, while having retarded teammates.

How to not be played cave explorer with people with 9 run speed ups and range blaster?
This has happened in the last 20 games I played.

That's neat, but it requires beakons.

Is it socially acceptable to play the krak-on roller now? It sure as hell wasn't a year ago, but times have changed…

I finished. I interpreted "chaotic" as "I really don't know what to expect" and "evil" as "it sucks to play against these."

You don't
Please continue to cry while I peg you over and over

Also what the hell is cave explorer

How do you contain a being that is made of completely liquid?

Are you serious? Someone help me out here, I don't have the image

Uh oh.

Gotta call the Bellhat police.

He should do what others do and shoot a place up or kill himself.

>A glass box
>Super absorbent diapers

Oh no Marie has been brainwashed!

Marie: Agent 3, please join us, how would you like to punish these squids?
Callie: We have to help Marie

Would you…
Blue: Help Callie (Let's save Marie from the octolings)
Red: Helo Marie (I will carry out Marie's command?!)

Which would you choose?

Typical Octoling -remove yourself.

Octolings could have invented a device when worn around your neck, prevents you from going into squid form

why contain it

thank you for reminding me why I don't go to squidboards, I was starting to forget

Problem solved.

What the fuck has happened to Splatoon while I've been gone

Spicy

I regret this decision but see the relation

When was the last time you played?

Nobody actually does those things. At least, not at any level I've played at.

I like your ideas

QUADS

What if it exhausted him while trying to transform, making him tremble and get out of breath really quickly? You know, that feeling you get when you try to catch your breath after
running

Yes, imagine that.

Octolings being driven underground for years, must have come up with plenty of ways to torment inklings for all the pain they have caused to them

Q U A D S

Do they involve tentacles, dehydration, and suffocation?

Probably

I want to put squid boys into dresses and bully them

I would be okay if a squidling sat on me

To bully them for delicious, inky tears

Holla Forums's resident Altracity Daemon ate 5 other versions of the OP before one went through.
To make things worse, despite this version of the thread pleasing the daemon, it wasn't showing up in the Catalog (at first) and I got the same posting error as before, so another tweak to the OP and posting attempt was made.
Mods probably saw the duplicate thread and decided "keep the one that was posted first".

LOL

And it does the exact same functions?

Probably does

I mean I only have Inkling boy and all the samurai clothes

All I know is that I want the Callie and marie amiibo's songs which will be ripped to youtube anyway

Is that thing legal?

I don't know but your trips certainly are

Yeah, but there is a certain niceness to having the physical thing. Which I get is a bit odd given it's not actually a physical disc we'd get with their amiibos.and it's totally not that I want to ink them on a daily basis whatsoever at all in any way shape or form.

Man they need to add new abilities to this game

I want one called Morale if I die to many times with a decent K/D my teamates get a boost in Swim speed and respawn or something

What other abilities would you guys add to the game.

Yes, that and seeing them dance in the game is a nice touch

I'd just give each category's exclusive abilities to another category.

Like some hats get ninja squid or cold blooded, some shirts get ink resistance or superjump, shoes get comeback, gambit, etc.

I want Frenzy, firing speed increases upon consecutive splats

! want to take Marie out on a date to a nice, quiet bistro at a nice part of town and have a little fun shopping for weapons for a turf war, and maybe afterwards curling up to a nice movie and falling asleep on the couch.
Maybe we can hold hands too.

I would cuddle a boy inkling. And then enter his chrysanthemum gate

yes, because you are SUPOSED to use it to back up your own amiibos

copying software for just yourself IS legal

but just like anything you can copy, you can pirate, which is the "illegal" part.

just like flashcards like the R4

Octo OC for that one guy who doesn't even own the game but has to post Octolings.

buy the game you faggotand remove yourself

Thanks for the OC user and I can't I'm to poor user

DID SOMEONE SAY OCTOLINGS

Would you want a run speed buff as well

*puts on robe and Bellhat*

Time to get FRESH

I swear the female splatling victory dance is the most adorable thing in the game. Probably the biggest reason why I wanna git gud with pic related.

Too bad it's ass in turf so I have to git gud via ranked alone.

EVERYTHING IS A RUN SPEED BUFF

Also I've noticed Nip Players starting to run Blaster and Run Speed ups. I think I started a trend.

What in the Sam Hill….

Gitting gud in ranked is so much easier than turf wars because you don't run into S+ japs. You can leisurely use it and follow your rank based on how well you do with it.

They still haven't fixed the matchmaking in turf wars where you will still get matched by almost anyone.

Not sure I understand. Gitting gud by throwing yourself at the wolves might be painful at first, but it's definitely easiest if you are actually good at analyzing your own mistakes.

though I will admit, it was night and day for my octobrush play when I switched to a 3x ink reco, 6x swimspeed, comeback coldblooded inkres loadout. Not sure if it was the gear itself or my mentality because of my gear that caused a huge jump in my performance against the gooks

Bump

Not the frozen ones I saw the other night, but-

Very much this. I'm the living embodiment of a pattern player. Extremely easy to read in any one on one setting.

I learn how to do one thing really well then have trouble trying to adapt.
Can't aim with a stick or mouse to save my life. Gyros forever. Let's hope it sticks and doen't get dismissed as a gimmick or this will probably be the only shooter I play.

The match will depend on how well Bravo can utilize their stupid amounts of tower denial to prevent Alpha from pushing. If Bravo can cheese Alpha and get into an early lead, they'll easily be able to keep it and just murder anyone who looks at the tower, but if Alpha get into an early lead, which is likely given their mobile Gal (good randomized gear, wow), then they'll be able to maximize it much better in spite of their Nozzlenose.

Bravo has the potential to play a five-minute game and win, but Alpha has way more opportunity to play a one-minute game.

Alpha has two bubblers and a kraken. They won't make it to the end every time, but I don't think they'll lose the five-minute games so often.

I think Bravo would want to focus on getting their splat charger a special, so's they can ink most of mid, making the enemies much easier prey for both chargers.

As I said, Alpha is favoured, but chargers are really good at pushing Bubblers and Krakens off of towers since they only need to have lag compensation work in their favour once. That plus the double Inkstrike and Bomb Rush are good at shutting down the tower and the area around it.

I haven't touched Splatoon in months, but I'm curious as to how the community is now? Still active, I hope. I've been meaning to play too.

It's never slowed down and I never have trouble finding a match.

Game is still active as fuck, we were quad squadding on a weekday, on a morning in japan time and we still get matched by different quad teams every time.

For some reason, Nintendo of America have released a hardsubbed version of the Squid Sisters concert.

No, not the one from last week.
The one from months ago.

Dem translations sure takes time man.

Glad to hear it. Can't wait to dive back in. Also I'm assuming there's been a shitload of new weapons and gear added since? I stopped playing around the time the bucket was released.

Yeah a lot of weapons actually, 8 of them were just released on April 2016, and I believe another 8 will come out in about a month or two.

Sadly for us who have been playing since last year, the map rotation is still the same (4 hours, 2 maps, one mode) and does burn you out quick, thus you can only play it in small amounts at a time.

Someone in a previous thread did their own amateur translation of all the between-songs dialog, within the same day the video was posted.
It was more accurate and had a better Marie pun than this version.

Nah, you gotta romance him by bullying him
He'll understand.

Whose alive

I'm in mumble if anyone wants to squad.

My lust for bullied squidboy parts sure is!

where my fellow S+ superior squids at?

S+ reporting in

Either my eyesight went to shit or my monitor was fucking up because I didn't not see those colour differences on the white when I made this

Did not* Jesus Christ I hate autocorrect

Please tell me S tier is better

Remind me again, what's the shoes bellhat wore?

At least they play the objective.

Be glad you weren't here for Damage Summer. Honestly one of the darkest potential futures I've ever seen for a competitive game.

Wake me up

They used to be even worse. Get close and beat the shit out of them.

Bump

THE PAIN NEVER ENDS user

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHH

Please explain.

It was the period from about July to October 2015 where people discovered how good it was to stack Damage Up with the E-Litres and Luna Blasters. Other blasters benefited as well, of course, but the Luna Blaster's disgusting splash damage and blast radius meant that it could easily kill you in a single hit with very little aim on the part of the user. The E-Litre's damage scaled in such a way that it didn't need a full charge to inflict 100 damage, so stacking damage up meant you could charge about 60% and still get someone.

And this isn't even the sub weapons: the E-Litre benefited from Damage Up, and its sub weapons, Burst Bombs, benefited as well. The obvious design intention of the E-Litre was to have it be an extreme long range weapon at the cost of close or medium range survivability. Thing is, if you stack enough Damage Up, Burst Bombs are suddenly this amazing weapon which does 40-50 damage with an indirect hit and 70-80 with a direct hit. This meant, even if someone got close to you, you could just start panicking and throwing burst bombs at your feet while jumping around randomly and the sheer stupid amounts of damage it dealt would give you a fighting chance against dedicated close-quarters weapons like the Sploosh-O-Matic, if not the upper hand. Burst bombs also had a stupidly high knockback value, which increased with damage, so you could fling a burst bomb at a tower and knock someone off if you didn't kill them.

Combine that with the E-Litre's impressive turf coverage ability (due to its range) and the special Echolocator, one of the strongest in the game, and you had a weapon that had no real weaknesses. Just from stacking damage. A few days ago I was playing ranked and using a suction bomb rush to break a rainmaker shield, and while I was throwing bombs at it about to pop it, an E-Litre shot the shield. Thanks to that weapon's damage modifier on rainmaker shields, it did enough damage to completely reverse what I had done and swing the shield around to the enemy colour slightly. And this is AFTER the weapon has been consistently nerfed in almost every patch since launch.

The Luna Blaster benefited too, since the vanilla model used ink mines and had an inkzooka. Ink mines had their lethal range increased from damage up, and the inkzooka is a seriously powerful special weapon. Tower control was a joke during this stage in the game's meta, since it was just this clusterfuck of Lunas slapping themself onto the tower and laying mines. Occasionally there would be a muffled KTHOOM and somebody would blow up because an E-Litre had shot them from half the map away.

All this is to say that, from what I saw in solo ranked, there was very little reason to use anything that wasn't:
So all the matches degenerated into the same thing over and over. It's like the FOX ONLY, NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION meme from Smash Bros, except it was actually true. If the game hadn't received any balance patches, I think everybody would've burnt out on it much more quickly. The game was a broken mess where only a handful of weapons (which ignored most of the game's unique movement mechanics and instead focused entirely on killing people) were worth using.

I lost so many comrades in the Damage-Up Summer Battles
I wish they were still here beside me.

Is it too late to get into this? Am I gonna get my ass kicked?

No, just power through the first 10 levels and then get into ranked. Fight people along your own skill level.

You have a big disadvantage, but nothing's impossible. Just remember to use the sticks and beat the single player to learn how to control yourself.

We have squid fights usually every weekend, and people often squad up during the week if you need somebody to play with in the Mumble. Don't worry about not having a microphone or being bad.

I should've explained myself better, sorry.

I've played it at launch. Beat the singleplayer, played a bit of MP and a couple ranked matches. Then life got in the way and I had to stop playing vidya.

I never got gud at it, and now when I feel like playing I'm afraid I'll be too overwhelmed by all the updates.

But if a total noob would have no issue, as you say, then maybe I'm just being a faggot.

I'm going in.

Protip: when a player super jumps, the arrow which indicates their position gradually empties as they come closer to landing. This lets you time your shots properly.

Man, I wish that would be the case but no, if you were to go in now, it would probably take you about 1 or 2 months to get back up to speed.

Speaking for myself, I only play during weekends along with people in mumble, solo just doesn't do it for me anymore. It's not that I am afraid of ranking down or anything, just that the game has worn out for me completely playing alone.

The last time I played the game, it had only 4 maps or something. I'll have to learn the new ones. But I'll just use that scout feature like the image on says.

Oh, and I'll definitely join the mumble thing. Playing with >friends is always >fun.

Also make sure you go to >>>/smek/4 and add everyone in the NNID thread.

#1 Clanfag in dah Wurld here saying Just jump in and go at it.

I might as well put out my shitty opinion here, after playing for so many months, some of the basic maps like saltspray or walleye are still much better designed than the newer ones.

I don't know what is it about certain maps like urchin or saltspray where you can play at any mode, any style, any weapon and find them decent, certain maps however require you to have certain skill sets or be good enough to actually be fun.

ayy, my nigga.

You don't necessarily have to add everyone. Usually when someone asks who wants to squad, you can just go to the Splatoon room in Mumble (check the OP for that) and add whoever is in that chat.
You still can, but you don't have to.

>In an international comparison, people in the Himalayas have better Internet connections than us

I want to protect that smile by bullying him

Hello bully user, maybe we should squad some time and bully some children in the game with alts

It's not bullying. It is character building.

MAKE INKOPOLIS GREAT AGAIN

What's the matter Marie?

That isn't Video games.

So Holla Forums what did she found out?

You fool, I have my dragon dildo under there.

Prolly some Squid Sister fetish stuff

we need to build a wall to keep out those filthy octolings cause when they send him here they are not sending their best

i know how to turn her white again

I hope this doesn't get written off as trolling but, I'm wondering what you guys think is good for a beginner like me. I really like this game, I'm level 9 as of today and just got the 3-shot burst gun which I like a lot. I really think I'm feeling the paintbrush though, its really really fun. Is there a better choice I should try? A friend said the miniguns, but they didn't feel very intuitive to me.

Hmmm

Beginner friendly weapons. I would recommend is.

Splatershot Jr

Splatershot pro

And Krakon Roller or Roller

If you ask me paint brush could be put off abit until you get the hang of mashing and doing sharp curves around corners. That Brushes do help with Damage up abilities.

JUST

twitter.com/ISmatsuriBTT/status/686104030863474688

Yeah this is the one, he was fooling around with people such as Yugo1 in privates I think, otherwise he would have gotten banned.

Since I think it got posted on Yugo1's channel as well.

There's no hope for you.
Just buy every weapon and piece of gear and use what you want. Only a handful of weapons are utter trash.

At the risk of being a tryhard faggot, you may want to consider using the Octobrush instead. And make sure you consult pic 1 in if you're on the fence about motion controls.

If you are new to the game, you will be spoiled by choice, just use whatever you want first. Once you reach ranked, in the beginning it would seem like many weapons are able to kill efficiently when everyone is kinda bad, then as you put in more and more hours, you will be able to narrow down the list of weapons you are good at until you find the one that you best want to use.

TODAY! I've missed the past two splatfests.

Thanks to WUP Installer (HBL edition) I can finally play online again.

The tentakek splattershot, Heavy Splatling, Splattershot jr, both N-Zaps, Splash-o-matic, and aerospray are all good beginner weapons. Don't tell anyone you use that last one though. I'd recommend the splashomatic for it's bomb rush special, or the Nzaps for their accuracy, fire rate, and movement speed while firing.

As far as brushes go I'd say avoid them and use a roller instead. Brushes are hard to use effectively get btfo'd in ranked from what I've seen.

The regular Heavy splatling is a great defensive weapon for locking down an area from high ground, or advancing through narrow side path. You can throw down a splash wall to block rollers or to shield against snipers and fire back at them.
It's great for Turf War but not a great choice for ranked unfortunately. Im not too experienced with the other miniguns but imo the lighter, faster spinning ones have too short a range and do the same job as a splattershot, and the slow charging Hydras are dead in the water.

It's a fucking crutch. It's the opposite of a good weapon.

How's it feel to be so shit?

but user, there is a wall around Inkopolis already

THE WALL JUST GOT 10 FEET HIGHER

We bullied them in single-player -obviously.

:^) Weapons bump

BUSTY BUMP!

Callie is such a whore

>…and since it’s a party, this Splatfest will be held simultaneously in all regions! For the first time ever, players in all regions will be matched up to play in Splatfast – and the results will be global.

I hope you americlaps like nipgod liters and dynamos in your splatfest because it's gonna be tough.

Marie's side is wonderful,

BRING IT OOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Thinking of going Marie for this one but that classy woomy on Callie's side, this is going to take a while to decide.

Also this splatfest is more than 24 hours long?

IT BEGINS

Yeah and this is the real deal, previously the pokemon splatfest was still being held in its separate regions except everyone got the same theme but now we are going to fight global, all around the world.

Time for pic related

I want to fertilize her eggs

This splatfest is going to be splat war 1

Why's he shaking?

Does he have to pee?

He's comforting his level 1 self that things are going to be ok even if it doesn't gets any better, I should know

But to answer your question, yes his level 1 squid self might have pissed himself the first time he went to turf war

This may or may not surprise you, but I don't own Splatoon yet

Yeah I figured you were only here for the saucy parts but it's ok, was nice shitposting with you.

I mean I can buy it, I'll get it eventually, and I can't believe it's been out for over a year

My worry is that it'll start to die down by the time I get into it

Probably not

Depends on how long you intend to wait, if you were to get it this year, I'd say you are still good (weapon update in june, amiibos in july, who knows what else in E3), I don't know how this game is gonna be in 2017 but like the rest of us we are also waiting for a sequel as well, so splatoon in some way or form will still be around I guess.

ROUND TWO, mother fuckers

Marie really likes the cylinder of meat

I thought the burgers eradicated you guys.

Hot dog memes and marie continues to live on

Don't be a dress wearer.
BE A REAL AMERICAN WIENER

I thought Marie was team dress?

Nyet.
On a related note, how long has killer wail pushed bubblers over walls?

Since Day 1

You can do out of bound glitches with that shit

You can also shove an entire nip team over the walls at Kelp Dome
Shit's crazy

I swear, hotdogfags are worse than dogfags.

Nobody in the thread is taking hot dogs seriously, we are just making fun of marie's love for cylinders of meat

TEAM FANCY REPRESENT

Sounds like you fancy losing. Gaybo

oh shit, I drew that one.
and I forgot the ears, fuck

Feel shame for your error

Would a squidboy discover lewdness on his own, or would it have to be bullied into him?

Did you get reported?

They are pretty naive, so someone will have to "teach them"

Like gas to merchants

Hydras are pretty ass in turf, their coverage is relatively poor so if you get stuck on carrying duty you probably won't.

Ranked, they can hold a much longer corridor, and smart sprinkler placement on the Custom can potentially let you beat an EL3K in some situations. The damage buff was actually pretty major, one full charge in the testing room can kill all three big guys. So, map specific ranked.

Splattlings do have the most adorable victory animation, though.

Piiiiiic related

it's great.

Ruh-roh

I just

Well Fancy meeting you here too.

sauce on image?

I really wish I knew. I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find a source anywhere. If anyone else knows where that comes from, you'd be helping at least two anons here.

Probably a Behind Moon doujin.
I'd be inclined to say one of the Dulce Report ones.
It has a lot of STDs though.
TLNote; STD =Sexually Transmitted Dick

Some of you squids are alright. Those voices have gotten more… visual, recently. Rather than tell me I'm crap, they show me the results: be it failing at school, dying young, or becoming homicidal. I've planned to the closest degree. I've written maps, I've taken notes… everything short of carrying out the deed has already been done, all in my head. They show me someone who's insane, unfit for modern society. Someone driven solely by rage and hatred, one who should be banished to the depths of Hell. Someone who, as the days go by, I seem to become more and more alike. Don't go to squid fight this weekend.

OH, SO YOU THINK MENTAL ILLNESS IS YOUR ALLY, I WAS BORN IN IT, MOLDED BY IT, I DIDN'T GET DIAGNOSED UNTIL I ALREADY CARRIED OUT MY PLAN, BY THEN THERE WERE ALREADY NO SURVIVORS

Bump. How's FRIDAY NIGHT MUTHAFUCKAA going for you squids?

I might join in mumble later

When there's Krakens about
Stay off the point you lout.

Not played splatoon since the first week of release.
Decided to jump into ranked after doing a small bit of public matches and finding it a bit simple to win.
Trying to escape C+ with people painting spawn like its turf war in rainmaker.

Losing matches because some master of autism picked up the rainmaker and doesn't push forwards even though we have them pushed into their spawn point

>tfw Being a huge faggot in A+ and making everyone mad

THE OCTARIAN CODE PREVENTS ME
FROM DECLINING AN INK-OFF CHALLENGE

rain maker is American football with guns

We have three people in mumble. Get in here.

Nothing quite like warrior bonding.

Team callie it is

Well, I suppose it's good to know I'm not the only one who did it.

Bump before I head to bed. Remember squids, we are still having private battles/quads every friday and saturday nights EST, feel free to join in on the fun, with or without mic.

Guys I need help.

I just started Ranked matches at the beginning of last week. I have played 32 matches. And I have not won a single. Fucking. One.

I just don't get it. Surely this cannot be my fault. I try my best. I really do. This is so fucking exhausting. I cannot sum up the want to play this game anymore. I don't want to give up but holy fucking shit, this is literally statistically impossible.

What weapons are you using? What strategies are you using? Were all of these on a single ranked mode? Are you using motion controls or not? I need detail, user.

I use the Octobrush and I try to cling to walls and corners like I've seen online.

No matter what I use, at least one time out of 32, my teammates should have been able to pull something through. I should have been matched against at least one team who is apparently as bad as mine collectively always is. There is absolutely no explaining this, no matter the weapon or the strategy. Even if I am the worst player in the universe I cannot drag my team to a loss 32 fucking times, as all of you may know by winning with 3-player teams.

What the fuck, guys?

The game's still fresh enough to discuss, but having no more 'regular' gameplay updates leads to slow threads, so they're kept afloat by memes and (you hope they're pretending) lewd shitposting.

Related: Here's the code used for the OP, with updated SplatFest details, in case we need one before the SplatFest actually starts.
==HOW FRESH ARE YOU!?====HOW RANKED ARE YOU!?====HOW SALTY ARE YOU!?==Previous Thread: >>9186358------------------__Join our Mumble server for nightly Squid Squad voicechat:__wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page'''8v.servers.moe''' or '''8ch.servers.moe''' - Port: '''64738''' - "Vidya General" -> "Splatoon"__Post your Nintendo Network ID here for extra fun times:__>>>/smek/4------------------==PREVIOUS SPLATFEST RESULTS:== ● JAPAN - __Onigiri Flavors__ - '''Tuna Mayonnaise''' (''Callie'' - '''354''') defeated ''Red Salmon'' (''Marie'' - ''346'') ● US/EU/OC - __Spongebob Squarepants Characters__ - '''Patrick''' (''Marie'' - '''373''') defeated ''Spongebob'' (''Callie'' - ''327'') ==NEXT SPLATFEST THEME:== ● ALL REGIONS - __Party Preference (Miitomo)__ - '''Formal''' (''Callie'') vs. '''Costumed''' (''Marie'') - 8pm (May 13th) to 3am (May 15th) __Pacific__ time, 4am (May 14th) to 11am (May 15th) __UK__ time.==OTHER NEWS:== ● Callie and Marie amiibo figurines announced, arriving July 8th in all regions. Summon them in the Plaza and they'll perform any of their songs for you, including their new solo tracks. ● Limited Edition versions of Inkling Boy, Girl, and Squid amiibo also launching on July 8th. These are Squid Sisters-themed recolors of the original amiibo figurines.

You act like these threads haven't been like this since launch

1v1 me

As an Octobrush, what mode were you playing on? Did you get vengeance kills and trades or were you in an advanced position preparing ambushes?

And I wasted the quads, fuck me.

Holla Forums - very gay

Three of us in Mumble now, get in here for quads/customs

THREE SLOSHERS WIN AGAIN!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSS

Was having one of your teammates DC part of your plan?

B+ is hell

Everyone is so fucking bad

I carry the rainmaker by myself up to the enemy win point and die and my team is inking near the start 90% of the time

Why are they so fucking retarded?

Partially because you're playing alongside B and B- players, not just fellow B+es. It's natural that they're worse than you.

I don't have Splatoon, but I came into this thread to ask who makes the OP image

Pic related

What other anons have told me is that you basically have to play you ass off and carry your team until you reach around A+ rank. They're slightly less retarded.

You get shitty teams even in S rank and then S+ is just filled with godlike japs so it's not like its going to get better anytime soon.

There is always that feeling that your entire team is shit but the enemy team is incredibly pro, but its most likely a case of someone being a weakest link (could be you) that brings the whole team down, that's why carrying is so important, because then you are completely sure you are good enough to win games entirely on your own.

I can taste the guy's salt from here.

This comic would be a lot relatable if you can actually gain points when squadding with your friends past S rank.

I mean yeah, If people can have their bros back them up, there would be so much incentive to climb to the top but then again if the game were that way, many people would have reached S+ due to carrying in squads.

Beakon camping can be annoying.

BULLY INTENSIFIES

BOILING OCTOWHEELS LET ME FUCKING POST

AFTER A WHOLE DAY, FUCKING FINALLY

Wait a minute is this that manga with a squib getting her first weapon (Heavy Splatling) from her mom? Wow, they grow up so fast. And she's even surpassed me in reaching S Rank first too.

3 of us in mumble, get in here

Looks like the comic shows that squid's mother and father when they were young and he was salty about how hard it was to get to S+99.

Look at the final two pages, she's wearing her sweatband and her ma wears that cute knit cap, also her pa's kept his cap from the old days.

Bump with this awesome picture of best girl

You seem to have uploaded the wrong picture

I haven't played splatoon in months but now that the weather is getting nicer Im getting a hankering again.

Time to dust off the ol 96gal and splat squids again.

WHO TEAM CLASSY HERE?

You know, I don't know how bad is the nerf but for some reason japs are no longer using it en masse at least between A and S ranks, nowadays the tentatek/wasabi is more popular than ever.

You seem like a nice squid to squid party with

Why

I actually meant to type Marie, that's how fucking wrong it is for me to go against her.

I actually meant to type Marie, that's how fucking wrong it is for me to go against her.

Hotwheels please let me right this wrong

Whatsa matter user? Are my ink globs to
==BIG=
And
STRONG
For you?

Its got good range and ink coverage.

June 1996. It wasn't like how the pleasant summers had started before. The pool opened on the Memorial Day weekend, but it wouldn't be until school got out that we'd actually feel free. There were a lot of kids in the neighborhood. We all found our way to one another and made a day out of it. This year though, at a dirty apartment down the end of the block, a kid named Jimmy was making himself more infamous than usual by starting fights and being a punk. Normally we'd try to avoid him as he and his friends were as pompous and nasty as you could imagine a kid being. This summer though he had visitors; family and distant friends who were just as bad as he was. Their presence just emboldened him to be even more of a monster.

One day we started seeing them beat up on some of the younger kids. Typical bully stuff: stealing, punching, and making a few kids dirt by the tennis court. We started resorting to staying indoors and playing Sega or Nintendo. Something changed one day, though. One of the kids decided he had enough of Jimmy and his friends. Instead of turning the other cheek like we had been taught to by school and parents, this one kid punched Jimmy right in the eye. Left a black mark that lasted for a few weeks. Bastard had it coming, too.

He didn't appreciate being on the other end of a fist. So, what did he decide to do about it? Punish every kid he knew. Had the idea that he could fill his super soaker up with freezing water and blast kids as he saw them -make them run home crying. Then the ante was upped with all his friends and little brother joining in. Following everyone around, ambushing people in the streets and parking lots -couldn't go anywhere without encountering them. Next thing we knew we couldn't go out anywhere without getting shot in the face with ice water or something much worse.

Maybe he didn't count on it, but all of us were armed with our own water guns. From Super Soaker 50s to simple pump-to-shoot styles that were years old at that point. And none of us were going to sit by while our summer was being stolen from us. On June 21st at high noon, 4 of us confronted Jimmy and his friends near the community pool. That's when we began to fight back.

Based on true events

SCORE ONE FOR THE BOYS BACK HOME!!

mynintendonews.com/2016/05/10/famitsu-chooses-splatoon-as-2015-game-of-the-year/

does anyone have that picture of the orange splatoon girl looking backwards then looking at the screen with a transparent background

Battle of '96 is a theme event based on the events of the above story. While trying to stay true to the weapons and nature of the fighting there weren't even any squids! this event will be played with primarily shooters in splat zones mode.

==Weapons permitted== (all variants):
• Splatershot Super Soaker 50
• Splatershot JR Super Soaker 30 or generic water gun
• Splatershot Pro Super Soaker XPS 105
• Herospray
• Octoshot
• Ayylmao spray Super Soaker 20
• Splash-o-matic
• Splatlings Super Soaker XP250
• Mini-Splatling Super Soaker 200
• Hydra Splatling Super Soaker 300
• Nozzlenose Some generic waterguns
• Bamboolzer Power Soaker Canon

Nothing equivalent at the time
• Squelcher
• Dual-Squelcher
• N-zap
• Splash-o-matic

No one ran around with with paint roller
There was no weapon that functioned like a charger or a gal
Buckets didn't work -tried it

==Gear permitted:== all there were no bellhats, but please, go nuts

thanks, memes incoming shortly in the mean time here is a random pic from my computer

so when's your shitty event nerd

I don't know whether to be super salty or just depressed. Earlier, In the span of an hour I went from an S rank down to an A+, and then down to an A. Every flippin' match I played, I'd be be teamed with people who made no attempt to take the tower, or cover me as I tried to ride that baby. Most of the time I'd be put with two or three chargers who'd camp out by our starting area and not budge from that spot.

Is anyone else having issues with team mates who make no attempt to have anything to do with pushing forward with the tower/rainmaker?

I just wanna see my squid do a happy win dance, is that really so much to ask?

Map rotation won't be revealed until the day of the event on Saturday May 28th 9PM EST (Squid Fight Time). This will also be an anniversary event for us for as the release of Splatoon was a year earlier on the 29th.

1v1 me

I made this one before but I lost it. I think this one looks better anyway

WE DID IT SQUIGGAS

I made something for you

AYYYYYY

The fact of the matter is that, just like real life, nobody really likes to take the initiative. So you gotta do it. A skill that helps me do that in TC is knowing when to bail - when to get off the tower. So maybe you should practice that. Keep the tower moving, but do so slowly, keep the ground inked, and know when to back off. It helps that, when you bail, you have a few seconds before the other team knows that you've bailed, so it's not hard to slip away unnoticed.

Also,
underage faggots deserve to be bullied

I thought it was the 28th.

You can only use the bucket once before having to go back to spawn to refill.

29 May 2015 for NA and Europe.

New thread when?

Guess I'll m ake it

Don't forget to link to the old thread when it's made

I'm on it im on it

NEW THREAD