Visionaries

I hope you guys like your new and improved Visionaries

avclub.com/this-visionaries-vs-transformers-exclusive-revives-a-f-1802727591

The hell?

I thought it said transformers vs dinosauries

the art's not completely terrible at least (except for Galadria's fishlips), even though they all look like they have a weak upper thigh. All of them.

>Magdalene Visaggio, writer of the (((Eisner))) Award-nominated Kim & Kim
Hmmm, never heard of this Kim & Kim, probably some faggot shit
Yep. Also ripping off FLCL. Looks like this has potential to be as bad as America.

I feel like IDW and Boom are in a contest of who make the worst creative decisions. With a side bet on who Marvel will hire after seeing how progressive they are.

Visionaries? It was a failed property even back in the 80s. I remembered them for years as being those weird slightly too large G.I. Joe like figures with some He-Man mixed in. Oh, and holograms. That was a point in which holograms were all the rage. I also had a SuperNaturals figure.
The Visionaries figure I had as a kid.
The Super Naturals figure I had as a kid.

Why did up all this shit? I mean looking back, and being honest. Most of this stuff wasn't that good back then. Are we going to end up with endless "Hasbro property X vs Hasbro property Y"?

Storytime it.

what did they mean by this?

What an original idea
How progressive

Who is this comic supposed to appeal to? I mean you can get your basic Transmorphers fans to read it, but you are looking at a crossover that will be met with a lot of "huh?"

Doesn't that defeat the whole gimmick?

One of the three Visionaries I actually remember, and they made him black. Of course.

My theory is that most western comic companies nowadays are tax shelter schemes or some such.

so, how PC is it gonna be?

No please.

The king is now a blonde nigger. Take a guess.

Super naturals were better

Isn't this person crazy? Or a tranny?

The two woman were already existing characters, though they have changed the evil one (shark) into a lopsided red head (and it's concerning why is she on two covers, shouldn't it be the good guys?)

Looks like they used the power staff of wisdom to ask are we stupid? Vid related.

I'm heard the rumor that those holograms were the expensive part of the toy that got the series canned. After watching the cartoon this year, it actually a pretty decent series for something with only 13 episodes and pretty short buy sweet intro.

Yes, they were roughly the same size of a G.I. Joe toy, but they were considerably more expensive, so a lot of parents preferred to buy Joe's toys to their kids

That's because IDW is made up of SJWs

The two are inseparable. It's a crazy tranny. But yeah, he is crazier than most, professing a wish to attack all "cis" people because Trump banned trannies from the military.

Funny how his beef is with Trump yet he wishes harm on people completely unrelated to this.

Hopefully soon Mags will transition and become one of the lucky 45%

The last I heard of Visionaries was back in 2014 when a kickstarter campaign for the creation of a collectors guide was successfully funded. The toys are popular among collectors and fetch high prices on ebay. The collectors guide also featured what is I would argue the best part of Visionaries, the package art illustrated by Bob Hall. There was also a comic released along side the animated show by Star Comics.

I really wanted that collectors guide, sadly I found out of the kickstarter after it ended…

If luck's on your side and you keep checking ebay, you might find one.

Speaking of the comics, I really like they gave Galandria and Virulina their own magical items

I had that SuperNaturals figure too! He was a cool sinister mummy.

There's a problem that many okay-ish artists have where they over design characters in an attempt make them more interesting. It was the reason for the pouch boom of the 90's.

Look how asymmetrical these designs are, they can't even stay consistent between variant covers

Just realized a massive fucking issue with these unnecessary redesigns and race changes. Now considering Visionaries wasn't exactly the most successful franchise, how the hell is any reader going to realize these are the characters based off the 80's property when the covers has a redesigned Virulina character with the only thing design wise connecting her to the original being the shark totem. They would have been better off using the original character designs to get people interested into the series (and help make it more popular) instead of redesigning them completely and hitting them with the DIVERSITY stick. Hit new characters with the diversity stick not old existing ones.

These designs look like something that would be used for an original IP with a dash of 80's TRON lines. What's even funnier is how some of these "knights" now have more exposed skin, strange hexagon clothing holes and wear pathetic little battle masks that don't even cover the entire head. While the original series had fully covered body armour knights with big helmets that revealed their faces. With the exception of the villains who had covered visors on theirs like

First episode if anyone is interested.

They would have been better off using the original character designs to get people interested into the series (and help make it more popular) instead of redesigning them completely and hitting them with the DIVERSITY stick. Hit new characters with the diversity stick not old existing ones.

The fun thing is that there's a lot of knights that weren't used for season 2, they could've used those and use original totems for them.

Also why the hell did they match the chest sigil with the power staffs? Wasn't the joke of the staffs to provide the user with an additional power?