New Justice League trailer

New Justice League trailer.

Wow where's the hype for this? If this doesn't make $1 billion then they should just stop, save themselves from any further embarrassment.

they are trying too hard to make ben afleck into robert downey jr

I don't know why they didn't include Green Lantern but he is getting a movie. Martian Manhunter was replaced by Cyborg in the Nu 52 probably because of diversity and he was the least popular one so they might've thought fewer people would care.

Cyborg is far more popular due to Teen Titans.

KINO
I
N
O

Martian Manhunter is also kniwn from the JL cartoon. It used unknowns like John Stewart and Hawkgirl and made them into memorable characters too.

Yeah, but kids today watch Teen Titans Go.

>>>/oven/

You can thank the critics for that horrible idea.
No wonder why DC hired Joss Whedon.

That fucking looks shittier than suicide squad.

It's the tryhard quips, stillborn hype, garbage cgi with empty backgrounds and complete lack of coherence in story and tone.

BvS was dark and serious? I didn't watch the damn thing because why would I ever watch anything with Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, but I didn't think "woah our moms have the same name or whatever" could ever be in anything dark and serious.

It looks so forced.

This shit makes the Avengers look like a decent movie

Dark/serious (for modern audience) = characters don't crack smirky remarks every 3 minutes, no pop culture references every 5 minutes and no nostalgia pandering at all

I'd be surprised if it makes 300 million

Is that kirsten?

It's Batman's childwife.

Batman is a mudshit?

R'as al Ghul converted him back in the day.

???

Wasn't he the league of something?

Jesus Christ, DC is such a fucking dumpster fire. As cancerous as Marvel films are part of the reason they've been so successful is that they actually took the time to properly establish their characters and world. By the time the first Avengers film rolled around all of the main characters had at least two films already released (with the exception of the Hulk who only had one). DC has been in such a rush to play catch up they've continually shot themselves in the foot. Doing Batman vs. Superman before even establishing a new Batman universe outside the Nolan stuff was fucking retarded and now their pulling the exact same stunt with Justice League. My gut is telling me it's gonna bomb, but Wonder Woman was somehow successful so who knows at this point, the reddit audience will eat up anything involving "le nerd culture".

Daily reminder that Gal is /ourgal/. Looking forward to it.

kys.

Yeah, no. The only successful MCU movies before the Avengers were Iron Man 1 and 2. Hulk flopped and Cap/Thor barely profited. People watched Avengers because of Iron Man.

This is a meme made by le nerds. X-Men never did this, neither did 99% of movies with a lot of characters. The idea of creating another Batman origin story is just pointless and repetitive.

Even Hulk had 2 movies with different actors before they decided on Ruffalo, he was going to have his own movie but i guess he has to share that seat with Thor now

DC's only hope is that they can this shitty universe idea (in fact, every universe should be shut down) and just give out their IPs to anyone that wants them in Hollywood, with the big comic writers being in charge of script changes/oversight.
Just make every film standalone with a bunch of love from the guys that wrote those comics and you'd have something cooking. If the writers and directors agree to keep some movies canon, do so, but in general, make everything loosely connected i.e. "Oh Batman stopped the Joker" instead of "Haha let's recap that entire film in 5 minutes to catch everyone up to speed with a bunch of monologuing and exposition."
Geoff Johns on Green Lantern would be a campy family adventure, Mark Waid on The Flash would be a more serious and "realistic" take on the speedster, Grant Morrison on Batman would be a hilarious shitshow with a bunch of edge to please the masses.

The only stipulations would be that:
a) The comic writers don't write the entire script, only supervise it, as they're not used to how movie scripts work save maybe Johns, but he fucks things up a lot in scripts.
b) They create original storylines for the vast majority instead of half-arsedly adapting a story that was intended for that medium.

This is literally the most Reddit-tier argument that came out against the film.
Do you know why Batman stops killing him? It's not because their mothers share a name, it's because he thinks Superman knows something about his parent's murder, or because he hears a name he's familiar with and breaks him out of his bloodlust, so he stops to hear him out. Once he finds out that Martha Kent is in danger, he helps her and Clark as he doesn't wish for anyone to lose their mother like he did.

God you fucking faggots need to at least try when you critique films and stop taking everything at face value.

Martian Manhunter was removed from the mainstream because he was the most broken character in the DC universe at the time. That title now goes to The Flash, however.

He was able to go intangible, shapeshift, mind control others, read thoughts and a whole host of other wacky powers that kept growing.
He was much too powerful for writers to keep going "Oh no flames appeared, he's out for the rest of the fight", so he was written down to a support character in charge of the Watchtower and organising the hundreds of superheroes throughout the galaxy, then he was shackled to the US's own Justice League and given a shit ton of legislation about how he could/couldn't use his powers, then he was just ignored for quite some time.

C and D-listers were getting more attention than Martian Manhunter, so they eventually just phased him off the main cast and kept him as a figurehead on the Justice League until the Nu52, in which they shoved in Cyborg for a few reasons, like his popularity with younger kids from Teen Titans, who were now old enough to go out and buy comics on their own, diversity attempts that failed spectacularly and some shitty plot about how anyone can become a hero instead of being born like it.

Ruffalo is absolute garbage. Why did they remove Norton? He was really good in the role. Probably the only casting I ever liked in their shitshow of a universe.

Forgot to add:
If they go through this route of standalones with little/no connection, they can save a shit ton of money and drama. Instead of an actor demanding an extra 20% for a sequel, the studio can say "Fuck off, same amount of money or we give this famous role/character to someone else and just make it a loose sequel."

She's an ugly kikess user
She looks like genderbent Jeff Goldblum

Isn't Norton imposible to work with? That could probably be the reason he got dumped.

What is this expression supposed to convey?

They need to rick and morty this shit.
Bonus points if Tyler Durden is the one who digs up Superman.

Euphoria - that is the face of a man who have just reached Nirvana.

His skin is still green and not white, he is also a migrant. What is wrong here? He is also intelligent, like this damned Cyborg…
I call bullshit on that. All the others are one-sided and have one or two gimmicks. He has like 7.

J'onn was the coolest in the cartoon

Well then…
I guess the SJW agenda is bleeding into the cinematic universe afterall. I don't even think there's a samoan Aqua Man comic book yet.

OMG SO WACKY AND RANDUM XD HOW DO I UPVOTE THIS

god damn you're not helping.
why do people like you walk by and toss your cigarette into the gas fire?

Martian Manhunter has one personality trait and that is liking Oreos.

People like him because muh JLU nostalgia, not because he was ever actually a good character. For all that people bitch about Cyborg, he actually fits the JL better than MM ever did.

Retard-who-only-watches-the-cartoons Alert.
Martian Manhunter was so filled with bullshit powers that he was able to easily defeat every single hero and villain bar maybe the top-tier villains. Superman states in every single iteration of Justice League that he's afraid of Martian Manhunter only.

They had to gimp him severely to the point every issue he was involved in had "Durr I can't use muh powers cuz da evil flames!!" or "Hurr can't use my powers to save lives because MORAL IMPLICATIONS I MUST ROAM THE EARTH FOR A COUPLE HOURS".

Nope. No one liked him in his solo runs and the team-ups were just him being cool and one-shotting everything on the few occasions he wasn't sidelined instantly.

He has a few traits, like muh last martian, muh white martians and muh philosophy on interfering with human development.
Also, he didn't like Chocos. He was addicted to them as they reacted poorly with his physiology and were on the same level as meth. He even had withdrawal a few times when Chocos were taken away.

Jason Momoa is a Native Hawaiian + German mix, to be specific. Honestly I'm too much of a Stargate fan to be mad about it, I like that he's still getting acting work. I just wish he was getting into better films rather than DC crap.

Just like how Holla Forums predicted Wonder Woman would flop

TOP FUCKING KEK

forgot that unemoting bitch was in this shit as well and fuck this

Kinda wish they kept the shirtless look for him. Looks better than the armor one were he looks so stiff.

But that's the smart thing to do, user

Aliens aren't diverse. Non white humans are diverse, haven't you heard? See Disney's Nu Wars as an example. Between the two, it's obvious that Rouge One has more diversity.

Is that Billy Dee Williams on the left? He looks worn out.

All the solo movies are coming after Justice League. DC is retarded, putting the cart before the horse, they really wanted to cash in quick with an Avengers type movie with Justice League but the entire ground work for JL is barely existent. BvS heavily suffered from this because it was a movie about Batman vs Superman AND was the entire setup for JL as well.

Ruffalo's Bruce Banner was a total quipmaster, mostly because of Whedon's writing, I can see why Norton wouldn't even want to be in it or if they didn't want Norton in it and future sequels, he wouldn't fit in with what MCU now is than what The Incredible Hulk movie was. They turned the Hulk from a dangerous and intimidating force into kiddyshit that is only there to wreck shit and make for destructive action scenes, but as a character, no one can take seriously. He's a joke now.

That feel when no Gal Gadot gf

who is the target demographic for these movies?

No it didn't. It made 263 million at the box office on a budget of 150 million. That's hardly a bomb.
Where are you getting this from? Both movies made back well over three times their budget at the box office, the first Captain America movie is the third highest grossing WWII era film of all time.
If anything is a meme it's this.
Normalfags are retarded user. The problem is DC recently had three hugely successful Batman flicks, and the change to Affleck wasn't just an actor swap he's supposed to be playing an entirely different Batman in an entirely different universe then the one in the Nolan films. This confuses people. You don't have to start from square one and do another origin story, but throwing this brand new Batman immediately into team up shit without establishing the character at all after the Nolan stuff is retarded.

Agreed Norton was comfy as fuck as Bruce Banner, one of the last capeshit's I found enjoyable. As for why he was replaced this user is correct. Supposedly Norton didn't get along with the Marvel kikes at all, he was constantly arguing with them and trying to make changes to the script and shit.