IDW Sonic

What does everyone think? Will it be any good? Better than Archie, at least?

Nothing will ever top Pender's run.

fpbp

It definitely won't be anywhere near the wild ride that the Archie comics were. I assume Sega's gonna have the writers on a leash, so it won't stray too far from game canon, which is a real disappointment. One thing I really like about all the different Sonic media, even at their shittiest, is that they all have their own unique settings and characters. Since Sega doesn't want anything like the Pendering to ever happen again, they probably won't let the new writers step an inch outside the proverbial box, making the whole thing a pointless endeavor. There might be some new characters, but the only reason the Satam characters were in the Archie reboot was for legacy purposes, and this new comic doesn't even have that going for it.

I'll kill myself the minute I find out they're doing a crossover with MLP.

Sonic arms are not blue at least

You know it's going to happen.

So there's no chance of Hesse finishing his run.

Reminder that Ian made Sally and Nicole lesbians and will shove SJW crap into the new comics if he works on them.

i expect it to have SJW stuff beyond what was there before 2009
i dont really know if itll be good if SEGA doesn't allow the SJW stuff though

Most likely it'll be bland as fuck.

Nicole is CUTE

And dead.

ITT we come up with the most retarded crossovers that they're still going to do.
Robotnik will team up with Davros to stuff fluffy animals in laser-shooting Dalniks, while Sonic and Doctor Who have to figure out how to stop them.

Sonic decides he no longer wants to be a man, and goes through a sex change operation, paid for by the taxpayer. The trannyformers make a breif cameo at the surgery center to give Sonic support. Tails also confesses his love for sonic at the end.

She lives forever on in my heart.

can't wait for sally to explain mansplaining to us

Why? That kind of autism will either kill us all anyways, or be hilarious as fuck.

at least her preboot and best version wasn't a degenerate dyke.

Sonic/Ghostbusters Crossover.

Do we know if Flynn is going to work on it?

Not sure.

She's dead Jim.

So the Freedom Fighters won't be featured in the new comic?

I see this as both a good thing and a bad thing. While, like you said, Satam/Archie had its' own unique setting and characters and while in the early years of the Sonic franchise it was cool, eventually the fans (Including the writers) completely ruined it with their faggotry. Demanding characters other than Sonic, Tails and Knuckles have their own titles. Remember the Princess Sally miniseries? While Sally is a nice character (Or at least started out as one), isn't the story supposed to be about Sonic? Seems like the comic focused more on her and other characters rather than the one the comic was named for.

Speaking of her, remember all that Sally vs Amy bullshit that still seems to go on to this very day? I can't say I'm sad to see it go.

Honestly they deserve to be kept alive as much as the AoStH, Sonic Underground, OVA, and Sonic X characters

I thought she was lesbians with that AI or some shit. I don't know, i stopped reading that shit when they used her to cuck the shit out of sonic with the frenchie, and he spent the whole issue crying like a bitch.

*and didn't really pick it up until the very end

Flynn only wanted to do that during the reboot. He might have even implied it, but it was never official. I think. I didn't actually read the reboot.

He claims he wrote them that way from the start, and on his podcast he said their friendship could be seen as a romance although I forget the episode.

WTF! Now I really am happy to see the Freedom Fighters go!

Sometimes dead is better.

With who?

They knew exactly what they were doing.

It looks like someone spilled a large bowl of punch on him.

Hey Holla Forums

That's what fucked archie near the end. The "games canon" is almost as inconsistant as Rayman.
I'm sure they'll awkwardly try to make sense of them all just like archie did post reboot. Anyway didn't IDW pull that BLM MLP shit? My biggest fear is they'll try something like that. After all Boom managed to get away with quite a lot.

this. Though to some extent it's a good thing, as not doing it is what led to Ken Penders run.

why

Amys like 12 or some shit. Fucking sonicfags man

So?

In animal years.

Not bad.

So how old would that make her in human years?

Why? No seriously, what is the point of making 2nd rate Sonic characters that only 90's kids care about homos?

So you're saying they should?

I want a lot of crazy bullshit to happen that makes the Penders era sensible but I know Sega will keep it n a tight leash unfortunately.

I kinda hope they come up with their own continuity of events. I mean sure have all the major story beats. But they should really take advantage of the medium and go into more detail of how it all ties together and the events in question.

There's definitely some wiggle room here. They just have to be risky and be very specific on what boundaries to push. Some of the best works happen under heavy pressure.
And that's the big problem with Archie at times. They let someone have so much influence and control that it just kinda suffered a bit from being very…unsonic. And at times very unfun.

We'll see where this goes.

Sega sort of learned from that now and they'll possibly have more restrictions than ever. After all Sega has had the "Sonic can't loose" thing for years now.

Why would you want Sonic to lose?

For masturbatory reasons… 16.

Honestly I would only give a pre-existing franchise to BOOM!

Not him but I like seeing smug heroes who always win get a taste of defeat and have to deal with the consequences of losing once in awhile.

They've done well with power rangers

No kidding. Takashi Iizuka seems like he's just trying to make the story more confusing that it needs to be. Or it could just be translation errors.

that was legal only a hundred years ago

like animals that don't even wear pants would give a shit about underage sex

I'm not even sure I understand this business decision. What exactly is the point in stripping the license from Archie and giving it to IDW?

Less chance of legal issues? I assume the second lawsuit from a former writer, even if it got dismissed, was the final straw.

Quality control and a clean slate?

Supposedly Archie wasn't too eager on keeping the license anyway, since they've put most of their eggs into the New Archie comics and Riverdale. No point in investing resources in something you don't really own.

The latest lawsuit was the final straw.

Archie Comics is going out of business, and Sega was smart enough to get out before it cratered. Penders is being used as a scapegoat I'm sure to help Archie's terrible PR.

Archie was using the comics to promote their Twin Peaks starring archie & the Gang show and Sega asked them to stop because of clashing image ideology. Archie kept it going and Sega got pissed

Is Amy getting a boner?

SHE'S A FUCKING CARTOON CHARACTER! WHO GIVES A SHIT!

I certainly am!

The new comics are going to be bland soulless sterile garbage marketed exclusively to children, written exclusively for children, and probably written and drawn by children too. There isn't going to be any real creativity or charm to any of it. It will be nothing more than a product to be sold to make money.

what does this have to do with my autistic blue hedgehog series

>>>/fur/

Isn't it weird that they didn't mention Herms on the cover?

The hell?

rather have that then a repeat of pender's era

yes