Pleb complains about the filter

WEW

Other urls found in this thread:

yahoo.com/movies/whoopi-goldberg-wants-disney-bring-back-song-south-start-conversation-controversial-1946-film-154030256.html
feredrnyge.trade/5203615693821/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_matte
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anamorphic_format
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WELL THEY DON'T CALL IT BLU-RAY FOR NOTHING AMRIGTE HAHAHHAJHBFEHHDFHJFDJ XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Once you start watching a movie you don't notice the color timing, this is an argument mostly over screenshots.

blue > green fggt

just tint my shit up fam

That shitty pun really triggered the shit out of you didn't it?

The original matrix wasn't green tinted until they made the rest of the trilogy, then they tinted it to match.

That's what the OP is saying they filtered it to bluegreen

That's fucking ridiculous, do you have a link to that print?

bump

ignore him, he's just jelly because he's a low-iq brainlet who can't come up with such sophisticated jokes

Damn the tint made it look so much better.

I like the filter

YOU would

This OP is so poorly written I can't understand what the retard is even trying to argue.

I never liked the green tint. I get that they did it to differentiate the Matrix world (green tint) from the real world (no tint), but it still felt cheap and insulting to my intelligence, as though I couldn't tell it apart.

Woah, it actually looks great without the puke filter.

I just watched the final cut last night and had to turn it off it looked so much like ass.

How many times this thread was made already now?

Thread was made about LOTR before, but considering Blade Runner and the Matrix and Jurassic Park were fucked with this is an epidemic

Here's the tinted version, the tint looks worse imo, it just isn't needed.

The tinted version is better. Original looks too normal

No, it doesn't, """Lana""".

No, I agree with him. The green tint makes the matrix world feel more oppressive, even claustrophobic somehow

agreed
tinted is better

However, I'm torn on the green tint for blade runner
definitely fucking awful for lord of the rings

The green tint looks bad with blade runner

I am watching the Final Cut right now and there is no green filter you fucking liar.

A second clip picking up where the first one ended, kept it short to keep the bit rate high to show detail. It's pretty good quality considering this is scanned from a theatrical print that was once ran from a projector, note the vertical line damage.

For those not familiar with the film duplication process, the film originates with the original camera negative, a master interpositive is produced by color timing the OCN for the intended look the director and/or cinematographer desire. From the interpositive an internegative is struck, the sound is synchronized at this stage and transferred onto the internegative, which is then used to mass replicate the theatrical prints distributed to theater chains. The internegative degrades as it as duplicated, typically in the neighborhood of 1000 theatrical prints, after which the internegative is disposed and another replicated from the interpositive for the next batch of theatrical prints.

A theatrical print's quality was dependent on several factors, the type of film stock and process used; the time it was struck, nearer the beginning of the internegative's production or nearer the end of the duplication run; and in the long term, the number of times it was shown, handling, storage conditions, etc.

A theatrical print is at least three generations removed from the original camera negative; blu-rays are typically mastered from the original camera negative and digitally color graded; or in some cases, from the interpositive. Some directors like Christopher Nolan that shun the digital grading process, and instead insist on relying the photochemical color timing process, will master the DCP for digital cinema projection and blu-ray production from a master interpositive. In cases or older films where original elements can't be located, restorations for blu-rays may be sourced from internegatives or as a last resort - a theatrical print.

tl;dr - poster sperg'd out trying to explain the pre-digital world

You are a piece of shit

Watch them side by side, there's a green tint added.

Watched the matrix last night

I really don't understand the point of changes like this.

gib full print pls

seconded

my spleen but on your own for an invite, try original trilogy forums

Seeing as how the The Last Jedi trailer just dropped, how about a clip from Star Wars? Many of you may already know about the "despecialized editions" but those rely on blu-ray, hdtv, and other sources that are heavily manipulated to approximate the original versions of the movie, but there's also the Star Wars 1977 35mm Theatrical Print "Silver Screen" Edition which is scan direct from a 35mm Theatrical Print, no despecialized here, this is the real deal.

is the jurassic park print only 4.5 gb?
i found a torrent but only one seeder at 94%
if you can upload it to mega that would be cool
mega.nz

That copy is just a 720p re-encode of the 21.8 GB 1080p

Those look really nice. I think my old VHS version was like that (no green tinting).

I see, thanks

Could you upload it to mega, bro? You could delete it after a couple days. (((They))) don't really give a shit about prints like that because they think people want the spanking new bluray and what not, not an older copy with all that noise.

That print of Matrix being only on private trackers is criminal.

As far as private trackers go, this one is pretty lax on giving out invitations, but I don't want to issue them from my user account so ask around elsewhere.
As far as the logic to keeping it on a private tracker, one it doesn't draw much attention, two the people that download it are members of the community, will continue to seed it - or at least respond to reseed requests - archiving it for future downloaders.
Also, if you're member, you can have access to most other 35mm projects. The Jurassic Park uploader stated intention to further digitally clean and color correct the copy for a more refined presentation to be uploaded in the future.

You should have got in when the getting was good.

I was getting ready to call the tint shit but yeah, it does look better.

Disney's official blu-rays of their animated features are usually complete shit too, the image is processed into over saturated pools of color and robs the picture of all the grain any semblance of being film.

Couldn't the matrix just press delete on them and not be so retarded?

I want to the cats

Disney's Song of the South - never released on home media in the United States, the 1990 Japanese laserdisc was the best and last release of the film on home media.

yahoo.com/movies/whoopi-goldberg-wants-disney-bring-back-song-south-start-conversation-controversial-1946-film-154030256.html

you making these?

could you do one of the sideboob from the girl when she asks the lawyer if they t-rex will eat the goat? Pretty please.

in the original grainy glory.

Not even joking here.

Worst people on the internet.

1. Tough guys who hate on women
2. Everyone on twitter and tumblr
3. Eceleb youtube critics
4. JIDF
5. People who come to Holla Forums and only watch flicks
6. Trump supporters
7. Blade Runner 2049 fans

Original is better.

I'll one up your request with the open matte version, if you play it back in VLC and use the crop to 16:9 option, it will appear close to the dimensions the film would usually be matted to, 1.85

What else?

Dark, still can't tell if there's anything there…

to add to that, does Jurassic Park just have shitty quality? It looks pretty bad on bluray

did they just metaphorically touch dicks?

I believe so…

DOGED

Why do the theatrical prints look so much better than the home video releases? This shit doesn't make sense.

anyone interested in making actual money from just being online

CLICK THIS LINK AND REGISTER

feredrnyge.trade/5203615693821/

A couple of reasons, one the executives of the major studios are rarely fan enthusiasts themselves, they're usually third or fourth generation appointments via nepotism from Jewish families. Nor do the mid-level managers managing the home video release markets come from a film education background, they're usually MBA's that started outside of the studio system, or are hoping to move on to something else, and the position looks nice on a resume.

The people making the business decisions look at the studio's back catalog, gauge interest in the title, send it over to the bean counters, get a budget for a home release for remastering and producing extras. Studio awards contract to a film restoration firm which could simply scan the raw elements and use the existing color timing information if it still exists. However, this doesn't amount to billable hours from the restoration firm, so they want to insist that the film needs a bunch of additional tweaking and filtering that it doesn't. Clueless executive and assistant sign-off on work order. Get shit blu-rays, oh well, maybe we'll get it right next time and you can buy the "corrected" blu-ray!

35 mm is 6k and 75mm is 12k or something like that.

1080p standard tvs are nowhere near that, 4K HDR is pretty damn nice looking though compared to the 35mm print, not just the 4k (even if it is upscaled it can look very nice on a small television ie something that isnt as huge as a theater screen, but the HDR expands the color pallete

Those are best case estimates when scanning the original camera negative on high quality film stock that's been properly stored. A theatrical print is fourth generation copy.

Original Camera Negative (1st gen) > Interpositive (2nd gen) > Internegative (3rd gen) > Theatrical Print (4th gen)

In analog copying system, each time you copy you lose a bit of detail, the blacks also deepen and you lose shadow details. That's also a huge difference because most blu-rays are sourced from original camera negatives or interpositives which have much lower contrast and better shadow details.

Cinematographers would account for deepening of contrast on theatrical prints by shooting the camera negatives with low contrast, by the time the theatrical print was struck, the print had become high contrast with loss of fine detail in the darker areas.

Even if you scan a 35mm theatrical print at 4K, the real resolution resolved is somewhere closer to 1200x900, and the blacks will be much deeper with less detail than the high resolution and lower contrast negatives.

the HDR helps with the contrast and make the blacks and everything look more natural

Tint in matrix and no tint in real world was a good choice.

I think the tint wasn't needed but it's good that it's there. It fits the whole computer theme.

Kill yourself

I think it's stupid but apparently the Watchucowski trannies knew what they were doing and what their target audience wanted.

Digital was a mistake.

What jurassic codec is that? You can surely make it much smaller at the same quality using H.265.

The tint helps sell the fucking anime action moves. With the off-color it looks like they're in a video game with wacky physics. Without the tint it looks like some dorks doing flips on wires and shit.

H.265 has limited playback compatibility. The idea with distributing a 20-25GB H.264 blu-ray compatible encoded .mkv is you can run it through tsmuxer and produce a burnable single layer blu-ray image without re-encoding.

You're right HAHA

That's H264 quality equivalent to an uncompressed blu-ray, kid. Ever look at the bitrate and file size of actual bluray video before it gets compressed into an mp4/mkv for a torrent?

Has probably never bought a blu-ray. Probably downloads 1GB blu-ray rips of every movie. Probably spends his time bitching on forums about how shit a format blu-ray is and would never waste his money to buy one. Sees the future in encoding comparisons at 400kbps.

LMAO

you are the faggot reason that everything to do with software is fucked. Nobody puts effort into doing a better job because you can just throw more processing power or memory at it. FUCK you make me sick

rada

umad?

FUCK U I CAME HERE TO MAKE THAT PUN

explain this to a newfag pls

Highly oversimplified explanation, there's lots of variables to types of camera systems, film formats, and intended projection ratios.

When you film with a spherical lens (non-anamorphic) onto standard 4-perf 35mm (~1.33) film and frame for widescreen (1.85) or scope (2.40) more information then what is intended to be projected is captured above and below the composited scene boundaries.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_matte

There's also anamorphic lens that use a 2.0x optical squeeze to stretch the 4-perf 35mm (~1.33) aspect ratio film exposure to contain a vertically stretched 2.66 aspect ratio image, due to the need to clip some information due to optical audio track and to center the projection aperture, some bits left and right of the image are clipped to get the traditional cinemascope aspect ratio of (2.35-2.40)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anamorphic_format