Yakuza thread

Just buy Yakuza 4 for the first time and playing it. I'm having a wonderful time and I think it's a great game it's so fun. I'm on saejimas story and I hope I'm not going to be disappointed in the character after. I love saejimas story so far. Just about to meet majima after all this time. I really love this game. I haven't played a game that got me so interested in the story in so long.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.sega.com/showthread.php?322120-Full-list-of-cut-content
khhsubs.tumblr.com/post/143112637671/kurohyou-english-patch-update
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm just going to take this opportunity to say

FUCKING ASS COCK SHIT

This game is fun but holy NIGGERS is it pissing me off

Why the fuck would you bother putting the "rapidly press x" prompt if YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE ANYWAYS

Seriously, if one of these shitlickers grab you it's over, you're fucking done, guaranteed damage. I mashed X so hard and so fast it knocked my fucking battery out, but of course I managed to just see the beginning of the animation of ME GETTING MY ASS KICKED ANYWAYS right before the screen went black

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anyways, Yakuza 4 is a fantastic game, if a bit retarded. Make sure to take it nice and slow, playing all the minigames and doing all the substories. Stop and smell the hostess clubs.

Just wait till 5 where Saejima becomes chill and learns to have fun.

Shaved > METAL

I agree.

I'm having no problem with the press x I mean you can also get abilities that help it so it's easier for you.

Also is saejima in the 5th game?

Where is physical Yakuza 5
Where is Yakuza 1&2 for PS3

I was actually referring to the PSP game I posted a picture of, it's a lot worse than in the main series

Yes

In our dreams

It's digital only in the US and Europe.

Probably my favorite game that I played on the playstation 3, I completed every possible thing in the game.

bump

That shit really killed Yakuza 4 for me.

I usually avoid that shit. Only time I went was for Saejima.

Did the PSP game get translated or do you know japanese?

Yakuza 5 is on sale this week for Golden Week. Got it for $23.99.

Haruka a cute

I also started with 4 when I found it for $20 at a store. There is a lot of side activities to do so take the time and do them.

Yakuza series does have the best daughter raising sim features.

Is Yakuza 5 any good? It looks interesting.

I think I started plating that game right after I played Tomb Raider 2013 as the lineup for free PS3 PS+ games. Going from a story written by a tranny to a manly men doing manly things story made the effect even greater.

God bless Japan, you're not degenerates.

Yes, but please go through the first 4 before you go tackling it.

No and no.

Apparently there's an English patch in the works but I don't think there's any real progress being made on it. I wouldn't say I speak Japanese, but I know just enough moon to fumble through the menus and understand the gist of what's going on in the story.

Where is physical Yakuza Collection HD for PC with ALL the games ?
a man can dream

i'm currently going through ishin. i'm on chapter 8 right now.

it took a while for me to warm up to it. it has one of the slower starts of any game in the series, on top of not having any of the cool skills or good weapons at the beginning.

yesterday i did nothing but stumble into substories and tend to my farm with haruka. thank god for khhsubs.

shame they disabled share functionality in the game though, i'd have been recording webms and taking pictures nonstop.

I bought it a few weeks ago, still has to arrive though.

Definitely, I genuinely enjoyed my Kenzan playthrough with his handy guides and translated cutscenes.

Wtf why? I was really looking forward to that.

japanese developers generally don't like having their game shared on the internet because they think people that watch it will just only watch it and not buy the game.

Digital onry

Never ever, shit got scrapped in favor for Dead Souls. Best you can hope for is Yakuza Kiwami getting localized and Yakuza 2 getting a remake. Or just emulating them.

That's pretty gay of them.

You could start with 5. the games are drastically different from one another besides the jump in improvements from 1 and 2 to 3. Though 5 does follow up from the events of 4 and covers some background of two of the characters. Since 1 and 2 are not on psn in English yet, you will be starting out of order regardless.

aren't

That's actually a retarded move.

It's still fun, but I really can't wait until I get through to 4 & 5.

source

Yeah it's rough. It's still worth it though.

The sad part is 3 isn't even a bad game. I'm bitching but I still love it, it's just that you see these sections that are clearly there, just blocked off by code because someone was too lazy to translate it, or Sony was too cheap, and it hurts.

I mean for fuck's sake they cut out a "Make your own Hostess" mini-game. I couldn't be more upset.

I seriously might have to learn moonrune just so I can fully enjoy this series.

It's not ideal, but it horrible ether. Sega doesn't care as long as they get their money.

Pls, don't exaggerate.

It's in 4 and it's boring as hell. That was easily the worst part of the game imo. I won't say I'm glad they removed it from 3 but seriously that minigame is shit.

I'm not exaggerating shit user. They cut a ton of side content, whole mini games, and tons of substories.

It's still a great game with tons of stuff to do, but that doesn't change that they did end up cutting out a LOT.

Muscle through, it only goes up from there

At least you still have Wesker to look forward to

You nigger, you don't know what fun is

They cut some content, not tons of content. Here's the full list:

forums.sega.com/showthread.php?322120-Full-list-of-cut-content

So, basically:

Some of these actually make sense like the AnswerXAnswer minigame would be unplayeable for non japanese people and not a lot of people play Shogi and Mahjong in the west either. The Massage Parlour is cringeworthy and just as bad as the Hostess creation minigame. The Magazine browsing would be cool, but then again I doubt they would translate the whole magazine so even if they kept it it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

The 22 side missions and the Hostess Clubs are the only good things that were removed and I'm not excusing sega for that shitty move. I just thing people exaggerate a lot on the amount of content that was removed from it, 99% of the game is still there.

BULLSHIT
22 of the substories being missing ALONE makes it lower than that.

Also while you may not think much of Shogi or Mahjong going missing, those of us who do play those games care, you can't just excuse it as not mattering.

It is absurd that you're trying to defend this shit with the old "b-but it's not that much".

The only excusable content is the AnswerXAnswer mini-game, and even that is probably disappointing a Japanophile somewhere.

I mean for fuck's sake they cut out characters who have been in every other game in the series. How much of a cuck are you to think this is acceptable?

This by far pisses me off the most.

RIP Mizuki and Akimoto, and the Mars Comedy Duo

Couldn't even do software mode at native resolution?

skidded through on that and 10 gallons of staminan, though the input delay was terrible

Also, anybody already played Yakuza 5, and Ryu Ga Gotoku 6?

No it wasn't. Also be glad. That mini game is trash.

That isn't out yet.

That's the only one that bothers me. Fuck that.
I actually stopped playing Yakuza 3 early on though, I should get back to it. I left off at some part about the nerdy kid and I haven't played it since.

Well technically, there's a demo (Japan only)

Once you push past the orphanage stuff, the game is pretty fun.

I don't dislike the orphanage stuff but it was pretty poorly paced in retrospect.

Yeah, but the game isn't out yet.

bampu

Son of a bitch, I'm gonna have to buy a PS4, aren't I?

If not for this then for 6 at the least

PS4 has other games too, r-right?

Bloodborne, Nier Automata, Ace Combat 7, Ratchet and Clank Remake, EDF 4.1, The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy stuff if you're not willing to wait for PC versions, Gravity Rush Remastered (with the sequel on the way) and a few others if you're willing to import are all either out now or are going to be coming out this year

There's normalfag stuff as well like Uncharted Collection, Destiny, and Infamous Second Son if you want stuff to pad out the library but that's up to you

There's Phantasy Star Online 2, but that's on PC and Vita, too.

He asked for games, not vaporware Sony just won't admit is cancelled.

Well, if it doesn't come out in the next two years it will be, but for now it looks like it'll actually be coming out this year.

Frank West?

He's covered Yakuza wars, you knoq

There's also the Orphanage subplot, which is comfy and a nice change of pace, but man I just want to beat up thugs

how do you play with that thing? you play with game on one screen and translation on other?

The Yakuza movie was pretty fucking shit but Goro Majima singlehandedly made it somewhat decent.

My TV and my laptop are on the same desk. For the Kenzan playthrough I simply had them running simultaneously and could look up the guides as well as watch the translated cutscenes at the same time the jap one was playing. For the HD collection I simply used my tablet.

It's a still a fucking pain in the ass and looking up directions/ missable quests every 5 seconds can get quite grating. Gameplay still shines though, so as long as you don't aim for 100% and don't mind a lot of reading and scrolling you can have a good time.

Is there any way to change your luck in the game? This shit is killing me.

get the gems and shit

I used all of my cheating items already but still need to finish some minigames like pachinko, slots, those japanase gambling minigames, etc..

I sure as hope get lucky someday

just get the upgrades that make escapes easier

or the upgrade that lets you use a heat action on enemies that grab you and send them straight to hell

why was his fucking eyepatch on the wrong eye though

bugged me throughout the entire movie

i'm just gonna hope the actor was actually missing that eye and they rolled with it

bloodborne and Nioh

and other wacky gook shit that will take fforever to come to america

Persona 5, i guess

ANIKI

兄貴!兄貴!

I use my phone. You only really need to pull it up when your hands don't need to be on the controller anyway, like when dialogue or cutscenes are happening. I never went out of my way to do substories, only letting them happen as I find them (thank fuck they're numbered!). As you eventually familiarize yourself with the various things about the game you only really need to pull up the guide for story stuff.

With Kenzan, I would have the video buffering on my phone and let it play slightly before my game, and then repeatedly pause it until it was as close to being in sync as I could get it.

He still has Haruka

Yakuza memes when?

For those that don't know, the first PSP game is really far into its English translation (100% finished on the main story)
khhsubs.tumblr.com/post/143112637671/kurohyou-english-patch-update

If you like never ever coming to the west there are loads of them.

BRING THAT SHIT KAZAMA!

All he has is his kids really…

bumpu